Amy's Surprise Game [OVER - Sapphire Scrooge Win]

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

t1mm01994

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 am UTC

EBWOP: And since I kind of owe an explanation, I read the top-quote of his last post as thing I quoted, and found it quite scummy that he attributed his own quote to someone else, and then proceeded to rant against it. Seemed like a really clever move if it worked out, thought I had it figured, turns out I misread.

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am UTC

b.i.o wrote:Also:
Sheep. Ovis aries.

Baa! Who is a sheep!? Baa! Start pointing hooves!

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:21 am UTC

Roband if you reply to this with Baa, I will assume you are claiming that you have a post restriction and cannot talk about it.

Are you or any of town in danger if we don't solve your problem?

Which well did timmy fall down?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:23 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Are you or any of town in danger if we don't solve your problem?

Other than getting baaaaaa-loody annoyed with me posting like this? No danger at all, far as I know.

BoomFrog wrote:Which well did timmy fall down?

I'm not bloody Lassie.

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:24 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Roband if you reply to this with Baa, I will assume you are claiming that you have a post restriction and cannot talk about it.

Are you or any of town in danger if we don't solve your problem?

Which well did timmy fall down?

I think BF, that someone has to use s-word specifically at a person beginning with r. Hence the hooves pointing bit and the who's a sheep.
And you thought I was crazy...

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 am UTC

You think I'd baa so blunt abaaaa-out this if anything baaaaa-ad was going to happen?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
@mpolo: Why did you completely ignore t1mm's illogical outburst?

Quick visit to the thread -- therefore, I mostly posted what I had thought about overnight. More later.
Image <-- Evil experiment

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 am UTC

Baa baa blahh baaa

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:22 pm UTC

roband, since you obviously want people to point hooves, I point at ewe and say baack why haven't you been doing anything other than baa-ing? Or are ewe just goating us?

ok, that was just pun too many. sorry

FoS: t1mm01994
Misreading two posts, one of them from the mod, and then you vote for a confirmed townie. That is suspicious. Not quite enough for a vote yet, but it may be a tipping point for me later on.

I gotta stop now before I do any more awful puns.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:28 pm UTC

Wait, since when has b.i.o. been a 'confirmed' townie?
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:28 pm UTC

greenlover wrote:I don't really see the problem with FAOT's claim, besides the fact that it seems unnecessary. The fact that he needs to post X times a day doesn't really say anything about his role or alignment. Also, FAOT - can you tell us how many times you need to post in a day, or do you instead plan on telling us whenever we can follow through on a lynch? I'm a wee bit uncomfortable with the latter option, cause it gives you a lot of power over town, so it would be best if you could tell us the specifics of your role restriction.

I won't be giving out any information on the requirement yet. It would probably also be best if I don't let people know if I've reached my requirement or not, so if there's good reason to follow through on a lynch then do it (and let me worry about the requirement & consequences). That means I have no 'power' over the lynch but people can be mindful about whether I've reached my requirement or not (and if they want me to reach it).

Ninjaed - @Infina: Bio isn't confirmed town.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 pm UTC

crap, I was mis-attributing b.i.o's stuff to weiyaoli...damn those puns.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:43 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:roband, since you obviously want people to point hooves, I point at ewe and say baack why haven't you been doing anything other than baa-ing? Or are ewe just goating us?

I figured somebaaaady would work out what I was hinting at and help me out.

No point analysing and all that stuff if I have to drop in baaaas every now and then. Someone? Anyone? This can end very easily.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:08 pm UTC

Misnomer wrote:No idea what to make of Roband's apparent transformation. As Webby says, there doesn't seem to be any sign of a trigger. Perhaps we have day powers at work here?
This triggered a memory in me: isn't there a kind of mage in WoW that can transform people into ovines for a period of time? (I've never played it myself but I have nerd friends who tell stories about how this is apparently hilarious. I'm starting to see their point.) Does anyone know what I'm talking about here? What's their name and what are their abilities?

Clearly t1mm01994 is being a little stupid, but assuming he will post townie posts soon, I don't think it's him being scummy. You might want to pay attention, though, since if you're going to continue like you are now it's not very good for town and people (including me!) will start thinking bad things of you.

Whether FAOT's claim was good or bad kind of depends on the details and I'm fine with not getting those anytime soon. Either way, it's a risky move to draw attention to yourself as scum so early in the game, so I tend to think he's not - or if he i's scum I think the 'payout' of whatever relevant ability he has is high (or it wouldn't be worth the risk). For future reference it might be interesting to note who are defending FAOT and who are criticizing him:
Spoiler:
FAOT-is-not-evil:
roband
Adam H
Misnomer
ElectricHaze
greenlover

FAOt-is-evil:
b.i.o
Krong
_infina_ (if I'm interpreting thisright)
GoP
FAOT

mpolo wrote:I don't have any real problem with not rushing the days. I suppose FAOT mostly has to watch out after a few days have gone by.
This post is a little weird. It seems pretty clear that "should we rush days?" was not at all the point of discussion. I don't think anyone is advocating to rush days, why would you act as if they did? Could be construed as a 'siding with FAOT by misrepresenting arguments against him' kind of thing.
Then again, that worry is assuaged fairly well by this post so now I don't know what to think anymore.

Starting flavour:
They only know two they can trust: weiyoli and Angua, who have been confirmed townies for years, as they are never under question, always under the radar. People feel safe with them.
The phrasing of the "they are always under the radar" thing makes me very uncomfortable. I think I'll provisionally believe this confirmedness of weiyaoli and Angua (ehm, is there any reason that that ^ post doesn't say "weiayoli" by the way? What?), since you guys have a good point with the zero-bastardry argument... but I wanted to announce my paranoia so I can set it aside for now.

(@Angua: I swear it's not personal! Besides, last time I was right. :P )
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:11 pm UTC

I have one thing to say to that. Baa.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:13 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:@Angua: I swear it's not personal! Besides, last time I was right.

It's ok - you weren't going after me in Lock.

The no bastardry thing should confirm that we are townies, if only for today. Things might get complicated tomorrow if there is a cult (though I personally don't think there will be one from flavour, but it's always possible).

Also, roband, I would say what I know you are waiting for, but I don't think I can risk it as one of the only confirmed town members.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 pm UTC

AFAIK there is no risk.

Apart from me dying of baaaa-redom.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:18 pm UTC

If this is a thing that is put upon you by someone else, then there might be no risk as far as you know... but there might still be a risk.

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:27 pm UTC

Well, subtlety wasn't working. There is no risk. There is, however, reward.

Feel free to baaaaa-are that in mind.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 pm UTC

Oh NOW I get it! Roband is a sheep!

What can I say, I'm a gambler. Bring it on.

Also,
Mavketl wrote:
Spoiler:
FAOT-is-not-evil:
roband
Adam H
Misnomer
ElectricHaze
greenlover

FAOt-is-evil:
b.i.o
Krong
_infina_ (if I'm interpreting thisright)
GoP
FAOT
Hehe, FAOT is on the FAOT-is-evil side. But more interestingly, a more accurate title for the FAOT-is-not-evil list would probably be FAOT-is-as-evil-as-anyone. Since the two sides are 'he's neutral' vs. 'he's evil', why didn't you put yourself down on a side?
-Adam

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 pm UTC

Well thank fuck for that. Cheers Adam.
There is no reward, I just wanted out. Sorry :/

Whoever did that.. fuck you :D

I'll catch up on the game proper (I couldn't be bothered, during what I thought was going to be a short spell of sheepiness) and report back with my thoughts.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm UTC

lol, no idea how FAOT ended up on the wrong side, sorry about that. :P

Adam H wrote:Hehe, FAOT is on the FAOT-is-evil side. But more interestingly, a more accurate title for the FAOT-is-not-evil list would probably be FAOT-is-as-evil-as-anyone.
More accurate titles would have been "FAOT's claim does not make him scummy" and "FAOT's claim makes him somewhat scummy" but those are boring titles. I thought it was pretty clear this way, sorry if it wasn't.

Adam H wrote:Since the two sides are 'he's neutral' vs. 'he's evil', why didn't you put yourself down on a side?
"I tend to think he's not [scum because of his claim]" is what I said about it. So I'm on that side.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm UTC

@Roband: You're a sheep. There, someone finally said it and set you free! I can has reward nao?

Apart from that, on the "taking days slowly": there seem to be 2 quite clearly forming camps.. FAOT saying something, b.i.o. and GoP (mainly) diving on top of that (teaming up, as it were), and then Adam diving straight on top of b.i.o. and GoP.. I myself will throw out a FoS on Adam H for biting b.i.o. and GoP so furiously.
FoS: Adam H

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:37 pm UTC

EBWOP: I figure I shouldn't leave my pc in posting mode for a long time, been ninja'd 4 time since... Ah well. And as for the FoS on me, I was just being retarded there, I misread something and jumped to conclusions too quickly. Again, my apologies, that's why I unvoted as soon as someone pointed out I misread.

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm UTC

Thanks t1mm, but you're a bit late. I'm already free thanks.

I think the whole FAOT deal is a bit of a nothing point. I didn't 'defend' him (by saying I think he's town) - I said that I thought the point made was a silly one.

ninja:

t1mm01994 wrote:EBWOP: I figure I shouldn't leave my pc in posting mode for a long time, been ninja'd 4 time since... Ah well. And as for the FoS on me, I was just being retarded there, I misread something and jumped to conclusions too quickly. Again, my apologies, that's why I unvoted as soon as someone pointed out I misread.

ninja'd huh? And watch your use of that word. It won't go down well at all on this forum :)

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:54 pm UTC

Oh, that sweet sweet reward of the warm cuddly feeling you get when you help someone! I love it.

And Oh me yarm. Yeah I totally jumped down real hard on b.i.o. and GoP. :roll: Are you freaking kidding me?
Adam H wrote:I don't really understand why FOAT shouldn't have said anything about his posting restriction, so guess I find b.i.o., Krong, infina, and GoP most suspicious. But that's not saying much - you're all just so good at this game. :wink:
FAOT hasn't done anything more scummy than he has done in other games. That's as far as I'll defend FAOT. I've totally moved on from this discussion. I'm much more suspicious of YOU, t1mmy (can I call you that?) for FoSing/voting twice now for horrible, horrible reasons.

@mav: Yeah, I was just a little concerned that some lazy player will look back in a couple days and use your list while forgetting about the context. At least, that's something I'd do. :)

Doubly ninja'd, but nothing to add. Except, yes, people on this forum are like the nicest and most sensitive people ever to get on the internet.
-Adam

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:11 pm UTC

roband wrote:I think the whole FAOT deal is a bit of a nothing point. I didn't 'defend' him.
GUYS SERIOUSLY THE LIST TITLES ARE NOW OFFICIALLY "FAOT's claim does not make him scummy" AND "FAOT's claim makes him somewhat scummy" AND I WILL NEVER USE SHORTHAND FOR ANYTHING OBVIOUS EVER AGAIN.

I get it, nobody is defending FAOT. Ever. Okay?

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:12 pm UTC

You're.. err.. getting a bit defensive there Mav.

;)

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:12 pm UTC

NO U.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm UTC

More elaborately: I had already said that the titles were not indicative of the lists, and explained what I meant and that I realized nobody was vouching for FAOT's towniness because clearly that's not what has been going on.

Your (and other people's) "but I'm not DEFENDING FAOT!" objections have been noted and addressed. More than once, now.

And anyway, if you're defending your scumbuddies you're not going to do it by openly defending them. You're going to do it by disagreeing with the arguments against them, or trying to dismiss the conversation as stupid and pointless. Which is why it can be useful to be aware of who is on what side in discussions. I don't get why people feel the need that no, they weren't in fact saying that FAOT is super townie because he claimed a restriction. WELL DUH.

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:27 pm UTC

I think EVERYONE should STOP attacking MAV!

lolololol

I'm joking. I only posted what I posted because I was still catching up with the thread. And now I'm leaving work - more to come later.

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:27 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:
mpolo wrote:I don't have any real problem with not rushing the days. I suppose FAOT mostly has to watch out after a few days have gone by.
This post is a little weird. It seems pretty clear that "should we rush days?" was not at all the point of discussion. I don't think anyone is advocating to rush days, why would you act as if they did? Could be construed as a 'siding with FAOT by misrepresenting arguments against him' kind of thing.

I was responding more directly to FAOT's original post -- he said "don't rush the days" and I said, "Fine. I see no real reason to rush them." If he's worried about the days being to short, that is only likely to happen somewhat farther down the line.

Misnomer

Postby Misnomer » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:54 pm UTC

IGMEOY: Roband

I'm sorry, but you'll have to forgive me if I take "somebody turned me into a sheep but I'm all better now and there were no consequences" with a pinch of salt. Were you actually prohibited from discussing the game while you were a sheep, or was it just you genuinely couldn't be bothered to keep track of things?

T1mm's posts have been all over the place, but it's looking more like bad play than scummyness to me.

T1mm: which three players do you think have acted the scummiest so far?
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:15 pm UTC

I get a PM telling me - you are now a sheep. You stop being a sheep when someone tells you that you are a sheep.

Now, I coulda said "baa, someone tell me I'm a sheep so I can take off this stupid post restriction, baa" but I played the game. I went along with it. I tried to play it off.

I stopped doing so because I didn't want to be stuck with that post restriction for the whole time.

Take that as you will mate.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:53 pm UTC

roband, I apologize for not helping you out.

Booooooooooooooooooooo. :(

/me grazes

@Misnomer: I swear on my weird black spots that I can vouch for roband's account of what happened to him. Except that apparently it's not only sheep.

Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!

Postby Mavketl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:55 pm UTC

EBWOP wait I think in English the correct thing is Moooooooooooooooooooooooo rather than booooooooo.

roband

Postby roband » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm UTC

If this kills me, I'mma go fucking mental.

Mav, you're a cow!

weiyaoli

Postby weiyaoli » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:15 pm UTC

Okay, I'm slightly worried now. Having a role that gave out random post restrictions seems rather pointless. There has to be a reason. Maybe the person who gives them out is an independent who wins if they give out X/Y post restrictions (or obviously someone who gains a power by people successfully ending the restriction)? I can't see any potential modly triggers, there didn't seem to be anything in common between Mavketl and roband that could trigger it.

Not much more to add on what people have said already on timm. Slightly impulsive so far and quick to back down. I'll keep an eye on him, but nothing worth a vote so far.
And you thought I was crazy...

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 pm UTC

roband wrote:If this kills me, I'mma go fucking mental.
Well it would certainly be a... surprise. :twisted:
-Adam

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:36 pm UTC

Congratulations for your new-found freedom, roband, and I'm sorry I didn't have the courage to help. I kind of need to weigh in, but I don't have a lot of time (sorry. I forgot this afternoon -- or rather thought I had checked in and there were like 15 posts I hadn't seen, including the end of the Baa drama).

As for the Baa drama, I am assuming that there is a reason for this that we can't see -- either roband got something from it, or his tormentor, or the person who saved him. I suppose it could also be a power that lets somebody force someone else to act scummy (although roband implies that he didn't have to play it straight, so such a case would be easily detected).

FAOT - it doesn't look like his restriction would have been at all obvious to us if he hadn't said anything about it, so it's not like it's providing necessary information to bring it up -- we weren't going to be lynching him on that point anyway.

There was a random-ish post from timm that I was asked to respond to. That situation seems to have cleared itself up. Although he has a certain timidness, as pointed out by weiyaoli.

Mav is playing like Mav, which is a good thing, because it makes me think that she is likely town. When she plays "different", I am more worried.

Adam H's removal of roband's restriction was mostly risky, rather than townie/scummy, as we don't know roband's alignment. If Adam turned out to be scum, that might send a sliver of suspicion at roband, but it's not especially serious at this point.

Return to “Mafia”