Amy's Surprise Game [OVER - Sapphire Scrooge Win]

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby weiyaoli » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:10 pm UTC

EBWOP:
Realized my first post is missing a chunk after "not a great thing":

But I think it could just mean that, reading on from "people feel safe around them" that it's just purposefully vague for unknown reasons.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Mavketl » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:44 pm UTC

Angua: I'm sorry, I think I failed to parse your sentence correctly. I originally read that as "someone is saying we're not town", but I think I see it the way you meant now. So you're right about that and nevermind :)
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5929
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Angua » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:50 pm UTC

Sorry, sometimes if it makes sense in my head I forget that it might not to everyone else.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:20 pm UTC

@Misnomer: It wasn't me handing out the animal restricitions, and they are not related to my requirement.

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Krong » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:10 pm UTC

I'm feeling a bit generally uneasy reading through this thread... which I guess is to be expected, because lots of the people posting are probably scum. A few people are standing out, though:

roband: Playing aggressively, which makes me lean townie. I don't like how he brushed away the criticism against him just making sheep noises and not really helping while a sheep, but that just seems like stubbornness rather than scumminess.

b.i.o.: I've agreed with most of the points he's made, so I'm feeling good about him, too. I don't understand the suspicion against him... will have to read back and see where that's coming from.

GoP: Still hasn't said much that isn't just agreeing with the general tone of discussion. Still watching him closely.

Mavketl: There's kinda a pattern emerging here of her saying something inflammatory, then getting criticized for it, then saying something like "I was just throwing out ideas, why is everyone attacking me?". I'd be alright with this if the inflammatory things were leading us toward scum, but I'm not seeing that yet.

mpolo: Far too much of what he's been saying is just summaries of what's gone before. Not liking this.

There's also a fair number of people who have only had one or two short posts. I want to hear more from them.

Also, who is the next person with an animal posting restriction? The way roband and Mav were describing what they knew about it, I'd assumed we'd have a third by now.

More to come later, it's been a busy weekend for me.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby ElectricHaze » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 pm UTC

I seriously hate day 1's though as far as this one goes we have a pretty good set of information. People leaning one way or another about various things that have happened so far (2 confirmed town in the flavor, the animal thing, etc) Though that stuff I feel will be more useful down the line when we get a couple deaths, and get vote trends added in.

As for the confirmed town thing, since it is being discussed, and I have been put in a side I will explain my reasoning there. First of all this is a 0 bastardry game I believe, AND Amy is know for being honest, and while you can be misleading without ever lying I really can't interpret "They only know two they can trust" in any sort of misleading manner. Plus it says they have been confirmed town for years, and while that could be some sort of statement involving meta and an allusion to the way they are treated in other games, and it may not be the case here, nothing in the post implies that it is really written with meta involved, and it seems to me more outright flavor as in this mafia town they have been confirmed town for years. Still the post isn't exactly as clear as "THESE TWO ARE CONFIRMED TOWN" so due to my paranoia about all things mod, I look at it with cautious optimism. I would be very forgiving of anything weiyaoli or angua do, but I don't think they should be exactly untouchable if something super obvious happens. Since I am not Amy, I can only interpret the statement how I see it, and I see it as a pretty strong confirming statement.

We could find out for sure with a cop or something, but what if we are wrong and one is town and one isn't, or they are cop immune or are even millers, it could muddy up the whole situation more, and if it's true we've wasted an ability on confirmed town. If it is true they should be targets enough as it is, and the veracity of the flavor should be confirmed relatively quickly, on the other hand if they survive for a day or two it might be a good idea to start, questioning things, but arguing to much about it today doesn't really do much except make peoples positions clear for use later on in the game.

As for today, I don't really have reads on anyone really. I guess if I was forced to choose it would probably be a toss up between misnomer and roband. Misnomer because I think out of all the people who said 3/3 mafia I think Misnomer would probably be higher on the list to have noticed that 3 vs 3 vs 12 (or maybe an indy or two in there) would be really tough for a mafia faction to win. Roband becuase I have a natural distrust of him usually, I think this is because he generally has a direct, and abrasive style of posting his opinions, while also being capable of being rather clever. So in the back of my mind I keep running the scenario that roband faked his restriction and when it was cured used the ability that he was faking to be a victim of on someone else, thus covering his tracks. While that seems a little paranoid I think it is something roband would be capable of. Neither are particularly strong suspicions but that's really all I have for a day 1...

I dunno if I will be able to be on anymore today, but I have a smartphone so I will keep an eye on things in case anything super crazy goes on that I need to respond to.
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Mavketl » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:01 am UTC

Fuck you, Krong, there is nothing even remotely inflammatory about those posts. It's a nice argument against me, though! I can either ignore it and be scummy for ignoring it, or disagree with you and "prove your point" about "not liking to be attacked" (what the fuck that's not what's happening at all?). I'm calling bullshit on that one, and I have a feeling you're just trying to annoy me. Gratz, it's working. I'm not "just throwing out ideas", I stand behind what I've posted, and I don't like your implications of intellectual dishonesty or cowardice.

FAOT wrote:@Misnomer: It wasn't me handing out the animal restricitions, and they are not related to my requirement.
Oh, that's alright then. If you say so.

(It's not that I don't believe you, I just think that if you're going to defend yourself from something with "that is not true" and nothing else, you might as well not bother. :P )

Krong wrote:Also, who is the next person with an animal posting restriction? The way roband and Mav were describing what they knew about it, I'd assumed we'd have a third by now.
I think our options are pretty much
1) there isn't a third target today (or ever, but that seems unlikely)
2) it's one of the lurkers
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby _infina_ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:
_infina_ wrote:Why would confirmed townies be dangerous?


@Infina: Have you even read the thread?

The argument I was making was that a 5/5 scum seemed highly unlikely. The reason for that is if we were to lynch a random person, then it's highly likely that they would be scum. Factor in that we have two confirmed townies, then everyone (minus the confirmed and from my PoV) has a 2/3 chance of being scum, making the confirmed townies more powerful than in a 3/3 (or 4/4) scenario because it significantly increases the likelihood of scum being lynched (even more so with two factions working against each other, town would be the kingmaker). Therefore, they would be more dangerous to scum, than they would be in a 3/3 or 4/4 situation.

Well done for taking something out of context, then using it to poorly justify a vote.

I have been reading the thread, and rereading it.

Your logic was sound, but the the reason I voted you is the way you said that confirmed town are dangerous. It was written as if it was going to be dangerous to you. And I wouldn't have even noticed if not for you trying to get everyone away from looking at that post.

Misnomer wrote: And his comment that he found himself the most suspicious player is just plain weird.

I acknowledged my mistake, and it was a major one. I was not going to overlook it and have it be a point for someone to start attacking me.

BoomFrog wrote:Infina your analysis of FAOT is terrible.

In what ways is it terrible? I feel your vote is almost OMGUSy. If FOAT flips scum, I would look closely at you next.

Now, I probably should weigh in on some of the more talked about issues.

Scum numbers - I feel that the groups would be uneven. Probably 3/4 or 3/5. The Sapphires have been around longer, and thus probably have larger numbers to begin with.

Confirmed town - I will treat them as I would anyone else confirmed town, which is by ignoring that status except when making a vote that could lynch them.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:54 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:
ForAllOfThis wrote:@Roband we were only pawns until we decided to group up. Under your second scenario there would be a 2/3 chance that any other person is scum (10/(17-2)), so I find it highly unlikely, mostly because the confirmed townies are even more dangerous.

Also, can I ask that we don't rush through any days? I have a daily requirement/restriction to fufill.

Why would confirmed townies be dangerous? Unless you are scum there is no reason to think that. Scum would be afraid of them if they knew that they were not in the same faction. And if the confirmed townies are a part of your faction and you know about them, then you know how dangerous they can be, as you are all scum.

They cannot be masons with him, because this would be throwing them under the bus, and I don't want to run anyone over, especially a townie.

Conclusion: FOAT is highly likely to be scum.

Vote: FOAT


(Thanks to AngrySquirrel for creating that page in the wiki.(our own wiki for this sub-forum and related irc channel.))

Quote editing on a smartphone is annoying so sorry if I screwed up the above. It seems you said FAOT said the confirmed townies are dangerous when they are only dangerous to scum therefore he is scum. So your theory is that he momentarily forgot that he's supposed to act like town? I think town is more likely to use such a reckless choice of words as scum will double check and scrutinize their own posts more.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Gojoe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:27 pm UTC

Okay I am just skimming. But first off, the "confirmed townies"
I do not trust that first post of amy one bit. I think something is way dodgy about that.

Other than that... I do not really have much. i am sorry. It is night shift i am tired and when I say I skimmed I realllly skimmed >.>
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby b.i.o » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:00 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:Okay I am just skimming. But first off, the "confirmed townies"
I do not trust that first post of amy one bit. I think something is way dodgy about that.

Upon a re-read I find myself agreeing with the blue ball in the police hat. I skimmed it initially, and thought it was less fuzzy than it actually is. There's plenty of wiggle room in that statement for at last one of them to not be town without Amy having lied.

I'm going to go read through the thread again and figure out who's scum now. brb.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby b.i.o » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:12 pm UTC

vote: ElectricHaze
ElectricHaze wrote:Since I am not Amy, I can only interpret the statement how I see it, and I see it as a pretty strong confirming statement.


Having done a complete read-through of the thread, I find this statement (along with the accompanying blurry avatar...WHY WOULD IT BE BLURRY IF YOU'RE NOT TRYING TO HIDE YOUR FACE!?), to be the most clearly suspicious thing I've seen in the entire game.

vote: ElectricHaze

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby b.i.o » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:13 pm UTC

I should note that the multiple votes should be interpreted as an example of my conviction, and not as a mistake. I don't make those.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Misnomer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:15 pm UTC

b.i.o wrote:vote: ElectricHaze
ElectricHaze wrote:Since I am not Amy, I can only interpret the statement how I see it, and I see it as a pretty strong confirming statement.


Having done a complete read-through of the thread, I find this statement (along with the accompanying blurry avatar...WHY WOULD IT BE BLURRY IF YOU'RE NOT TRYING TO HIDE YOUR FACE!?), to be the most clearly suspicious thing I've seen in the entire game.

vote: ElectricHaze

:shock:

Yeah, I really don't follow the logic here. Care to explain why you find EH's post suspicious?
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby mpolo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:22 pm UTC

Since he supposedly did a complete re-read in 12 minutes, I suspect that some sort of power is involved in this outburst of b.i.o (for or against him).
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby b.i.o » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:40 pm UTC

Misnomer wrote:Yeah, I really don't follow the logic here. Care to explain why you find EH's post suspicious?

No.

mpolo wrote:Since he supposedly did a complete re-read in 12 minutes, I suspect that some sort of power is involved in this outburst of b.i.o (for or against him).

I read quickly. BELIEVE, HEATHEN.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Misnomer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:07 pm UTC

b.i.o wrote:
Misnomer wrote:Yeah, I really don't follow the logic here. Care to explain why you find EH's post suspicious?

No.

mpolo wrote:Since he supposedly did a complete re-read in 12 minutes, I suspect that some sort of power is involved in this outburst of b.i.o (for or against him).

I read quickly. BELIEVE, HEATHEN.

:|

Vote: b.i.o

...actually, I think we might have a jester here. Either that, or somebody's given b.i.o a posting restriction that makes them have to be as unhelpful as possible.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:12 pm UTC

Bio, you are a conspiracy theorist.
Bio, you are a religious nut.


Worth a try? I'm seriously confused about what is going on.
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby b.i.o » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:04 pm UTC

weiyaoli wrote:Bio, you are a conspiracy theorist.
Bio, you are a religious nut.

No.

Worth a try? I'm seriously confused about what is going on.

Good.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:56 pm UTC

Alright, so we got b.i.o severely clouding stuff to the point I assume he's jester. Mafia, I need to appeal to you: If you don't recognize b.i.o as a member of your faction, please nk him in the upcoming night. That way, we don't lynch the jester giving him a D1 win.

User avatar
weiyaoli
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby weiyaoli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:03 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Alright, so we got b.i.o severely clouding stuff to the point I assume he's jester. Mafia, I need to appeal to you: If you don't recognize b.i.o as a member of your faction, please nk him in the upcoming night. That way, we don't lynch the jester giving him a D1 win.

FoS: timm

What? This post makes no sense. Why would the mafia actually bother killing bio who is currently spreading wine in the thread and just generally being a nuisance? I would have understood if you were appealing to a vig, but scum have no reason to kill bio. What would they possibly gain?
And you thought I was crazy...

User avatar
ElectricHaze
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:54 am UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby ElectricHaze » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm UTC

Awww, I have been voted for :( I do not normally get voted for on day 1's this makes me sad, even if it looks like you are either a jester, hit with that post restriction thing or just messing around. If does happen to be that you are just messing around I think it is probably not in the best interest of the town, since page five seems a bit late in the day to be doing that as it just clouds up all the issues with crazy. If you are a Jester you probably tipped your hand with the sudden bout of crazy, and it would seem odd if you are a victim of the post restriction thing as everyone else was turned into an animal of some sort. So I really don't know what is going on with you, and I will just ignore it.

I don't really have much to say, it seems like b.i.o has more or less derailed all other discussion :/
Who has never killed an hour? Not casually or without thought, but carefully: a premeditated murder of minutes.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 pm UTC

I'll take that post as a "What a fascinating post did you make! Could you explain how you got this idea?" as I'm getting tired of my restriction, on which I've said all I can say, and this different meta.

Back where I usually play, win-conditions are mutually exclusive. I can't tell if it's the same way here, so I assumed it was. If it isn't, FML and move on.
Given that it is: I presumed I wasn't the nly one willing to get bio out of the way, (Mis and wei seem to be thinking the same), so the plan is:
We lynch bio day 2. If scum think bio's a jester, they dont want bio lynched so they'll have to nk bio on N1. If Mafia dont kill bio, they lose through the lynch, if they do kill bio, no problem for scum; they've eliminated someone from outside their gang.
Long story short: Scum have not much to gain, but lots to lose.

Not gonna OMGUS here, but at times some patience for someone with a posting restriction would be nice.

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Misnomer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:02 pm UTC

You claimed a post restriction t1mm? I must have missed that...

Anyways, on this forum not all win conditions are mutually exclusive: although faction ones tend to be, jesters commonly don't end the game if they win, unless the game happens to be particularly small. Therefore, it's in scum's interest to keep the jester around.

Although even if a jester lynch would end the game, surely scum would still try to avoid killing them? As long as they could trust town not to lynch the jester, it's still in scum's interest to go after the actual townies instead.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Misnomer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:06 pm UTC

EBWOP: Ah yes, found the post now where you claimed it now. Hmm, interesting...
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby t1mm01994 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:13 pm UTC

can't edit so a double post from me:
Wei, EH, why would you have ANY reason to believe that animalitis suddenly has become "be-a-nuisance"-itis?
Even then, since there was debate going on whether or not to cure them, I don't think it's a clever idea to try and cure them.
IGMEOY: Weiyaoli.
(yes, I'm a non-bastardry skeptic. I played a non-bastardry game in which it later turned out there had not explicitly been stated there was mafia, and there turned out to be none. Frustrating game, that one)
@nomer: frustrating is the word you're looking for rather than interesting.
In that case, I am now calling town to join my plan of lynching bio day 2. All in favor, say "Aye". 2nd question: think about what I'm trying to achieve here. Don't go berserk on me before you're sure you should.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby roband » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 pm UTC

lol I was totally gonna do a decent post tonight, but then I got the chance to go for 'a few beers'...

Tomorrow, I promiuse

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby roband » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:28 pm UTC

*promise

those beers were more plentiful than I planned. Sorry.

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby webby » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:37 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:
Back where I usually play, win-conditions are mutually exclusive. I can't tell if it's the same way here, so I assumed it was.


It isn't. Jesters can and often do win without everyone else losing.

I should also probably semi-claim here, because else I'm going to look quite scummy, but I'm not going to fullclaim because I think that would help scum more than it helps town. I have a weirdness with my voting. As such, I'm not going to vote on the first couple of days unless it's absolutely necessary. Instead, I'll make a statement such as 'I would vote for X'.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Night 1]

Postby Sungura » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:50 pm UTC

As the mafiaworld argues about people temporarily turned to animals, people acting crazy, and all sorts of weird phenomenons, they get to argueing in the town square where the lynchings take place. ElectricHaze is hoisted up and lynched.

Votals:
2 - Roband (adam, angua)
1 - Misnomer (roband)
2 - FAOT (infina, boomfrog)
1 - ElectricHaze (bio)

Day 1 Ends. ElectricHaze is lynched.

It is now Night 1

PLEASE ALWAYS CC ME ON PMS i cant remember if I stated that before but Im saying it now.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Night 1]

Postby Sungura » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:01 pm UTC

Deadline is Thursday noon EST (UTC-5) for evrything to be in to me. I am starting day then.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Gojoe
Posts: 3218
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm UTC
Location: New Zealand!!!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Night 1]

Postby Gojoe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:47 am UTC

Fuck. My computer is so broken it is not funny. I have to bow out of this game. Does not like i will own a computer for some time...
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Night 1]

Postby Sungura » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:22 am UTC

And so a new day dawns. They check out Electric's body and find no signs of scummage. Oddly enough though, there were no screams of murder that night. An odd green haze had settled upon sunset, but was now lifting with the morning light. Strange, and perhaps connected.

It is now Day 2.
Electric Haze was town.

Completely unrelated to anything game, I have just modkilled Gojoe as no one has stepped up to replace and there isnt anything else I can do.

16 players, 9 to lynch. I will be away for the next 10 days so you're gonna have a long day. No one has offered to comod so....sorry. I might have some computer access and if I have a chance I will try and catch up. If you would all like to count votals please do, but never assume a lynch and dont keep them official, it will just help me if I have a quick moment to check things.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Krong » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:56 am UTC

Ever since day ended yesterday, I've been waiting with anticipation to see what kind of explanation b.i.o. would have for that instalynch. So... b.i.o., what kind of explanation do you have for that instalynch? Also, was it, as Amy is possibly implying, connected to the lack of other deaths overnight?

Also, before we lose our mod:

Do we get to find out Gojoe's alignment?
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3916
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Sungura » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:30 am UTC

It doesnt matter. Pretend he was never in the game.
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:02 am UTC

Sup everyone. I had a big post planned out, but came back to a game in night-stage.

I honestly can't remember what I was going to say, but if anyone had specific questions they want answering - fire 'em at me.

bio looked suspicious to me before (iirc) and that was before his single vote lynched someone, a townie someone.

No NKs, which is nice. Leads me back to the cult thing? No kills, just recruits? Still don't think so, more likely that we had a lucky doctor or roleblock, I guess.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby mpolo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:58 am UTC

There seem to be a couple of possibilities for the sudden end of day --

b.i.o used a power to force the lynch (something to do with his posting the vote twice?)
someone else used an "end day" power that forced the lynch of the last person voted
there was a specific (unknown to us) day-end condition that caused the last vote to carry the day
dozens of other possibilities, I am sure…

In any case, I want to hear from b.i.o, as he was acting quite strangely, and it was ultimately his vote that killed a townie.

I am presuming that there were roleblocks/doctors involved in last night, rather than no kills in the game. Although it was quite a stroke of luck to get all the right people covered with (presumably) two killing factions around.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am UTC

"FAOT looks suspicous for asking not to end days early if possible..." *Suddenly day ends without warning* - Yea thanks.

Roband why do you assume cult over successful roleblock/protection, which to me, just seems more likely? Were you recruited/recruiting last night? Also, strange question but is there any reason you might not have been lynched yesterday (to do with your role)? I'm trying to cover all the angles than just the obvious one.

Also, boomfrog voted for me by quoting infina. That was just down right SNEAKY (even if you were on a smartphone and "defending me"). I'll put it down to naive mistake for now (as even I was surprised).

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:52 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:Roband why do you assume cult over successful roleblock/protection, which to me, just seems more likely? Were you recruited/recruiting last night? Also, strange question but is there any reason you might not have been lynched yesterday (to do with your role)? I'm trying to cover all the angles than just the obvious one.


Lol, it crossed my mind is all. Look at what I said:
roband wrote:No NKs, which is nice. Leads me back to the cult thing? No kills, just recruits? Still don't think so, more likely that we had a lucky doctor or roleblock, I guess.

I made it a bit clearer for you, too.

A reason why I might not have been lynched? I don't understand. Was I a lynch candidate?
*looks back*
Oh :D we were joint vote leaders? Nope, no reason I know of for why it wouldn't be a coinflip between you and I in the situation of someone random ending the day early.
Therefore, either bio's voting for someone (anyone) would have ended the day, or bio's (or anyone's) voting for EH would have ended the day.

So we want to hear from bio - not that he'll admit it if he thinks it'll look bad (which, it does, what with him killing a townie and all).

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:03 pm UTC

inb4 "hurr, you didn't answer the question about being culted last night" - I think that is answered when I said that I don't think there is a cult.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests