Amy's Surprise Game [OVER - Sapphire Scrooge Win]

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5926
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Angua » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:35 pm UTC

Weiyaoli - first post is in the early days of analysis, explains how multiple cults could work while balanced, and says they don't expect them - at the most only one is cultish. Says could be 5/6 scum with lots of independents that aren't survivors in order to balance it out. Overall doesn't think there is a cult. - neutral

next post is saying how they think roband could be unsheeped - neutral

Worried about post restrictions because of their random nature - seems to be worried that they're scum-related rather than mod. Says they think tim is impulsive but not vote worthy.

Says they believe I'm town, but worried that our status could change later on in the game if there's a cult. Finds infina the most suspicious and points out that gojoe has been lurking. - seemed town to me

Does an ebwop and says they think the 'people feel safe around them' is pretty vague for unknown reasons - vague

Tries to break b.i.o.'s post restriction if there is one with conspiracy theorist and religious nut - town?

Fos's tim for asking mafia to kill b.i.o. as they think they're a jester. (We later find out that tim thought that if a jester won, no one else could)

Says that b.i.o. didn't end the day yesterday immediately yesterday, so may not have ended it, and asks about a deadline. Then says that the early day really only makes sense if scum knew about b.i.o. being able to force the lynch. - I can see how roband finds this a bit suspicious, but bearing in mind that they made this statement after b.i.o. had done their voting of adam h I don't find it that particularly off - however I'll rate it suspiciousish

Says they thought they recalled votals stating Amy was online, but if not ignore the above statement about b.i.o. ending days early. - could have been an easy mistake to make (I don't double check everything when I post). - neutral

Says they don't see anything wrong with asking about the deadline - eg there was one sign up where it said that days would last 10 days each, so it could have been mentioned somewhere (though I don't think there is one, but it is conceivable).

Overall, I don't think wei is being suspicious, but maybe I'm biased. I've put all my reasoning there though so you can take it or leave it.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby webby » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:15 am UTC

Once again b.i.o has come up with a vote with extremely poor justification. I have no idea what this means and I think I'd like to have a full claim from b.i.o if possible before deciding how to proceed.

In terms of Angua and weiyaoli, I'm going to continue to ignore them for now in terms of lynch candidates. I will reconsider if events occur such that one or both is unlikely to be town, but consider them probably town for now.

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Krong » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:35 am UTC

So... b.i.o. either had some sort of posting restriction happen to him, or is pretending he did. And... that's all we know for sure. Well durn. Seriously, bio, can you not say anything about this?

In other news, keeping track of who's posted so far today... crossed-out names = they've posted:

Dead players:
Gojoe Modkilled
ElectricHaze Lynched Day 1, town


Living players:
Gopher of Pern
weiyaoli
mpolo
Angua
webby
ForAllOfThis
Adam H
RoadieRich
BoomFrog
Misnomer
Krong
bio
infina
roband
greenlover
t1mm01994

I believe we haven't heard anything yet then from RoadieRich, greenlover, and t1mm01994. I'm curious what they have to say.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:41 am UTC

Look, the day could end at any moment for all we know, and the current votes are:

Unoffical Vtotals:
1 Roband (b.i.o)
1 b.i.o. (BoomFrog)

Also note, that b.i.o. has once again found a "reason" to vote for Roband twicetoday. I think he has a double vote power that requires him to post the vote twice, and his "unvote" doesn't actually count. I'm not saying we should lynch b.i.o. right away but can we at least just keep him at three votes so if the day suddenly ends he's lynched and not roband?

b.i.o has been completly unapologetic and intentionally offered no attept at explination. He is clearly either a jester or scum faking jester. I haven't seen a plausible third theory and I'd be suspicious of everyone who is not voicing thier opinion but that's pretty much everyone.

I suspect b.i.o is scum with a double vote power and he used it to lynch a townie when one of his scum buddies was looking in danger. The people with one or more votes on them where Roband, Misnomer, Infinia, and FOAT. I think infinia and Roband where probably in the most danger there although I'm a bit biased since obviously I think infinia's acting scummy. Today's double vote on roband might be a misdirection purposefully failded bussing attempt, or roband might be town, I'm not sure.

Anyway, lets get b.i.o at three votes for safty's sake, and lets have everyone wiegh in on if they think he is a jester or not. Don't just say "might be".
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 am UTC

Good point.

Vote: bio

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 am UTC

willing to take part of this, huge post analysing anything up to an hour ago coming up soon
Vote: b.i.o
Votals:
1 roband (b.i.o)
3 b.i.o (BoomFrog, roband, t1mm01994)

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby mpolo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 am UTC

I can agree with that tactic from BoomFrog:

Vote: b.i.o

Now we can hopefully manage some discussion without this turning into a quick lynch attempt.

EDIT BEFORE POST:
Unvote
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:15 am UTC

For some content, a thread analysis by me!

Gopher of Pern: Number 8. FoSes FaOT rather quickly after his request for long days, and continues to do so throughout the first day, and really doesn't do all that much more than that.. Day 2 he just states that bio is acting strange, and that's it. Not too much going on here, so I'll keep a close look to find some town/scumtells.
weiyaoli: Number 40. Is one of the 2 "confirmed townies" from the flavortext. Adds to the scumnumbers discussion, stating 5/6 scum and multiple indies.. Points out (imo) correctly that there might be an indie linked with animalitis, and puts an eye on me. Nothing special so far. Then he proceeds to state that "[the flavortext] is purposefully vague for unknown reasons" which strikes me as rather odd.. I'd like some input on why you stated this. Then, weiy is rather quick to jump onto me when I found out you play by a different ruleset than you do. Then, as I reply why I made that post, I get no response. Again, somewhat odd.
I'm keeping my eye on you, as I stated before.
mpolo: Number 7. My number too! I feel like your role is the same role as I have, or at least a close variation of it, and I can spy a post which indicates that I'm right. Playing with large caution around the thread, but reading other threads I believe thats more of a meta-thing than an indication that I'm wrong. The person I currently trust most, by a distance.
Angua: Number 25. Is one of the 2 "confirmed townies" from the flavortext. Seems to me as playing as a confirmed townie: Playing quite cautiously, explaining everything they say, generally just controlling the discussion and cleaning up errors. I'm one of the townies that feels safe around Angua, at least.
webby: Number 23. Semiclaims somewhere that there is a "strangeness with voting". generally keeping self on the ground, short posts, not much information.. I think there are about 4 bits of retrievable information throughout the thread. Yet still, you seem to have attracted AdamH's likings, but he throws out straight afterwards this doesnt say a thing.
ForAllOfThis: Number 1. The 2nd most controversial player in the game so far, only surpassed by bio. Scumnumbers: 3/3, because he'd feel that 2/2 is "a bit underpowered". IMO, in a game with 20, from which 2 confirmed town, I don't think 2 factions of 3 have all that much influence.. But hey, this might be just thinking on another line than being scummy. Asks for long days, and eventually sees the day end soon. Some cynical reaction afterwards points out he thinks it didn't last long enough... Even though there was a week of time. Defends himself imo successfully against charges on him for the day 1 claim.. I trust the fellow.
Adam H: Number 37. He starts out by defending those that claim 3/3, which are Weiy, FAOT, nomer, and bio-ish. He then votes Roband to "see what happens", nothing happens, yet he doesn't seem all too hurried to unvote. Then frees Roband when he sees there would be a reward, and afaik there was no reward handed out so far.. Apart from a "warm cuddly feeling", which is of course always nice. Explicitly stops defending FAOT. Here, he says he did not mean to vote Roband. This I kind of believe, because everyone seemed to forget about that one vote thrown out. Likes BF and webby. Not much patterns or stuff here.. Neutral to me.
RoadieRich: Number 32. Non-active, no replacement.. I somewhat expect a modkill soon.
BoomFrog: Number 24. Tells Wei and Angua to keep their cards close to their chest, and as for today I'm still not sure what he meant with this. Votes infina, for attacking FAOT, then flies off to Thailand. From thailand he continues to defend FAOT. Ends up on the "voted FAOT" side in the votecount, even though he voted infina and didn't unvote. Until proven otherwise, I'll assume this was a modmistake.. Generally leaning town here.
Misnomer: Number 13. Senses "some sort of recruiting power, maybe master and minions setup?" which shows up soon after with roband. Then after that, when roband is set free, he is one of the 2 people to post before Mav is cowd, and the other is mpolo. Somewhere in there as well, he claims roband and mav were faking it for townie cred. High on my suspicion list, also becuause very little actual content is thrown out.
Krong: Number 20. attacks FAOT as do many others. Shares with us that he finds the ones that only follow the general consensus suspicious, then proceeds to follow the general consensus, even to the point where he stripes himself off the list as posted when all he posted was a list of who posted. I'm curious what you have to say Krong. Speak to me.
bio: Number 19. The number 1 in controversy, and I honestly dont think I need to go ove all the points that have made him so controversial. I find the instalynch theory implausible, as with a town instalynch you wouldnt use it until you were sure, and wiht a scum instalynch you would be horribly overpowered. You just firstpost a vote every day, and well did you ever- another townie dies! The double vote I can agree with, but then we have to have someone who can end days, which thought that would be a good time to do this. I find this improbable at least. I think we should just ignore him and make sure people dont get voted too much because of unwanted day-endings.
Gojoe Modkilled: His alignment didnt matter, so I think the numbers are involved somewhere. I think the scumnumbers as such are not by definition even, because we are the ones that chose the numbers...
infina: Number 33. States there are jokes to be made about his role, haven't heard one yet so far... Then gets a load of facts all wrong, just like I did before, so I'm not the one to judge there.. But it's odd nonetheless. He then proceeds to pick up his game, and move on.. Not much to say here yet. Looking forward to some good posts from him.
roband: Number 39, the 3rd most controversial person. Gets sheeped, and plays his role with enthousiasm (as I believe). Sure, you could just go "Could anyone say: Roband, you're a sheep", but what's the fun in that? (my reasoning here, I tried to play my role without semiclaiming, too...). Then he grows overparanoid of b.i.o, but I don't think that's scummy either. Somewhere in that period he also claims to be un-KN-able, which I encourage all scumfactions to try, because I believe him :P Leaning town here.
greenlover: Number 5. 1 post in the entire thread. Not much to say here.
ElectricHaze Lynched Day 1, town: Phew, nearly reaching the end of all people.. Holy wall of text above this. Anyways, I believe EH had a 1votedeath. His last post seemed more sad than appropriate for 1 vote.. And green haze showed up, which would be very strange if not for an on-death power. Green haze usually either means stench, poison, or safety. I think stench can be ruled out, so either someone is currently slowly dying, or his role was to die when 1 vote was cast, and then nobody else would die during the night... This is all just speculation though, but someone has to do it :P


So, a for future reference post with a slight taste of Tim here. You're welcome.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 pm UTC

I think bio is scum pretending to be jester. I'll go one step further in my speculation and say that I think he didn't have all that much to do with the day ending yesterday - that maybe he has double votes but nothing else. And once day ended he realized that he was screwed, and his best shot at not being lynched was to 'claim' jester.

My reasoning is that it's really easy to get lynched (I do it almost every game!) but bio is trying too hard. (so we lynch him... wait, maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for. :? )

I also think it's possible that 3 votes on bio won't be enough to save boomfrog, and I see no harm in putting him at 4. We're at 9 to lynch.

Vote: bio
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 1]

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 pm UTC

This has gotten lost on some people, so FYI:
Sungura wrote:Mav is replacing Roadie Rich

That was back on D1.
-Adam

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:57 pm UTC

Sorry been working hard the past few days.

roband wrote:Also, I have a claim to make - I'm un-NKable. I hope this gives good enough credit to my townieness - if ANYONE can use a power to stop bio lynching me, use it now!


First things first: wtf roband? Why on earth did you claim un-NKable, again (see zoo mafia 3)? It's such a bad move if your town as it renders being un-NKable useless. It doesn't lend any credit to your towniness, in fact it does exactly the opposite. There are no benefits to claiming this, even if your panicking about being lynched. On top of that you seem to be leading a crusade against 'confirmed townies', which just seems odd. I think you might be a lyncher for the confirmed townies (a tall order, but if you've got all game due to un-NKable then its possible).

boomfrog wrote:Also note, that b.i.o. has once again found a "reason" to vote for Roband twicetoday. I think he has a double vote power that requires him to post the vote twice, and his "unvote" doesn't actually count. I'm not saying we should lynch b.i.o. right away but can we at least just keep him at three votes so if the day suddenly ends he's lynched and not roband?


Although I understand the reasoning, I don't like the fact that bio has jumped from 1 to 4 votes almost immediately because of 'sudden end of day' scare tactics, employed by Boomfrog. Given there's a relatively good chance that bio could be a jester of some sort because of his behaviour (and they often come with a bomb attached), those people putting votes down are braver than me. If bio does have a day ending power and is a jesterbomb, you've just walked into one hell of a trap. Of course it will also mean that BF has all but outted himself as being aligned with bio. As a result, I would prefer to see BF having the end vote on b.i.o. for convincing people it's a good idea.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:Sorry been working hard the past few days.

roband wrote:Also, I have a claim to make - I'm un-NKable. I hope this gives good enough credit to my townieness - if ANYONE can use a power to stop bio lynching me, use it now!


First things first: wtf roband? Why on earth did you claim un-NKable, again (see zoo mafia 3)? It's such a bad move if your town as it renders being un-NKable useless. It doesn't lend any credit to your towniness, in fact it does exactly the opposite. There are no benefits to claiming this, even if your panicking about being lynched. On top of that you seem to be leading a crusade against 'confirmed townies', which just seems odd. I think you might be a lyncher for the confirmed townies (a tall order, but if you've got all game due to un-NKable then its possible).


Ok, so which parts of my points against weiy and Angua do you dislike?

It's fine to say "I disagree with this and that, and as such, think you might be a lyncher for our confirmed townies". It's NOT fine to say "I think you're a lyncher" with no justification, other than that the (questionable) flavour says they're 'confirmed' as townies.
Back up your views, please.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 pm UTC

And it's hardly a fuckin' crusade, they just keep doing things I find suspicious. What, you want me to not point them out and believe the flavour as gospel? Not likely.

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby greenlover » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 pm UTC

bio is acting strangely, I'd admit. I don't think he is a jester though, since if he were, couldn't he have just voted for himself on day one and won? After all, if EH's lynch really is bio's doing, it would make sense that bio could have just voted for himself instead of EH, and won that way. So, I'm inclined to say he's scum or some sort of independent trying to get out of being lynched by acting like a jester. I'd be perfectly happy with seeing him lynched today.

Also, roband - you still haven't explained. Why did you claim NK immune? It makes little sense.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Mavketl » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:41 pm UTC

I haven't had time to read and analyze everything since I got back, will do that later... but I'm starting to see a colour thing here.

The two scum groups are sapphire and purple. N1 we saw a green haze. b.i.o changed his avatar to a differently coloured version (red/orange-ey) of his regular avatar. Let's keep an eye open for more of these things?
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Misnomer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:45 pm UTC

Still only really skiming the thread atm so I have less to catch up on when my work's finished, but I feel I can't let this slide.

t1mm01994 wrote:Misnomer: Number 13. Senses "some sort of recruiting power, maybe master and minions setup?" which shows up soon after with roband. Then after that, when roband is set free, he is one of the 2 people to post before Mav is cowd, and the other is mpolo. Somewhere in there as well, he claims roband and mav were faking it for townie cred. High on my suspicion list, also becuause very little actual content is thrown out.

Leaving aside how most of the summary is at best a gross misrepresentation of what I've posted so far, the claim I've highlighted in blue is a complete and utter lie. Nowhere have I made that claim, or indeed anything that could seriously been misinterpreted as that claim.

Vote: t1mm01994

*returns to his studies*
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:49 pm UTC

Something tells me I hit a nerve! I don't see how the flavour is questionnable in a non-bastard game, so I'm opting for the simpler answer that Wei and Angua were confirmed town at the start of D1. Although that should be justification enough I'll humour you further:

You've put Wei on your shitlist for making a simple mistake regarding end-day votals and possible speculation about bios role. Personally I don't see how such a mistake indicates that Wei is scum? If anything he's more likely to be town because if scum ended the day early, they would have known the state of votals at the time.

Your logic towards Angua is equally flawed, she basically asks why you voted Misnomer (over Adam H or Bio) yesterday because it seemed you had more beef with them, then you accuse her of trying to direct you away from Misnomer which seems a little unreasonable. To me it looks like she was just trying to understand your reasons for voting Misnomer yesterday, over Adam or Bio, in search for any inconsistencies.

Oh and you forgot to address the point that I made about claiming NK immunity (which almost always leads me to consider the person as at least an independent, unless there is evidence stating otherwise).

Ninjaed - @greenlover If bio has a bomb attached and an alignment (cult/scum), that could also explain why he didn't lynch himself and is why I'm extra cautious of voting for him.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

Oh dear, somewhere in a 1 page essay I tripped up, surely I must be scum /sarcasm
comment on Misnomer claiming mav and rob were faking withdrawn, let the rest stay as it is.
I wasn't trying to summarize the thread, or else I wouldn't have added several "igmeoy"s in there. I was trying to post what stuck in my mind, and what I found in the thread.. As seen by the "somewhere in between" it was something from memory rather than from proof... And searching proves you right on this point. On the lack of big content, and the coincidence of you being one of the two to post between rob and mpolo however, I remain opiniated the same.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby b.i.o » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm UTC

webby wrote: I have no idea what this means and I think I'd like to have a full claim from b.i.o if possible before deciding how to proceed.

What, exactly are you expecting my response to this to be? I've spent all of today (and some of yesterday) being unhelpful. Are you expecting me to tell you exactly what I'm doing just because I get asked one more time? I'm not going to. (And you wouldn't believe me even if I told you.) At this point, claiming truthfully is probably the most confusing thing I could possibly do.

I know someone's said I'm probably scum pretending to be a jester. While possible, it'd be pretty stupid for me to have done all of the things currently being ascribed to me if I were actually scum. In fact, it'd be pretty stupid for me to have done *any* of the things I've done if I were scum. Why would I draw attention to myself with a completely random vote when there was nobody voting for me at all? Why would I (or anyone on my team) then end the day suddenly, knowing that I'd fall under suspicion? Why would I then continue acting crazy the next day, when I could easily argue that I had no idea what happened and wait for it to blow over. Me being scum doesn't make much sense. Me being a jester doesn't either: I'd be playing much more subtly if I were a jester. And I'm obviously not town.

Of course, this is all wine (delicious, delicious wine), and so you should probably ignore what I'm saying and lynch me now. Either that, or start asking more interesting questions.

Something tells me I hit a nerve! I don't see how the flavour is questionnable in a non-bastard game, so I'm opting for the simpler answer that Wei and Angua were confirmed town at the start of D1.

If you can't see the ambiguity, you're not actually reading this:
They only know two they can trust: weiyoli and Angua, who have been confirmed townies for years, as they are never under question, always under the radar. People feel safe with them.


For some content, a thread analysis by me!

A couple of my different personas have some things to say about this.

The typographer would like to tell you to use some empty lines. Right now your post is completely impossible to read. If you really really don't want empty lines for some terrible reason, at least use bold instead of italics for emphasizing the names. At these font sizes, bold text is significantly easier to pick out of a morass than italicized text is.

The non-insane mafia player (hereafter referred to as Robert) would like to know why this post had to be so long in the first place. If you don't have an opinion about somebody...you don't need to take three sentences to tell us that. If you want somebody to lurk less...you don't need to take three sentences to tell us that. Robert generally thinks really long posts like this one are scumtells. They disguise a minimal number opinions in a lot of blather, which makes them an easy way to seem to be providing content when you're actually not. Summaries of everyone's play are also a really good way to subtly influence other people's opinions, because anyone reading them is reduced to viewing people's actions through the lens you provide.

The rest of us agree with Robert, for once, and the general council has approved a vote for you.

unvote
vote: t1mm01994

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:32 pm UTC

b.i.o wrote:Of course, this is all wine (delicious, delicious wine), and so you should probably ignore what I'm saying and lynch me now. Either that, or start asking more interesting questions.
This wine is quite definitively anti-delicious.

I can't think of any questions that you would actually answer. How about this: Is there any way we can change your win condition or post restriction (or whatever it is that is making you act like a clown on drugs) to something more helpful to town?
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:04 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:comment on Misnomer claiming mav and rob were faking withdrawn, let the rest stay as it is.
Wait, why don't you think there's not another mistake in that massive wall of text? This comment just makes me think you added the misnomer bit on purpose.

greenlover wrote:I don't think he is a jester though, since if he were, couldn't he have just voted for himself on day one and won?
If he's jester I would imagine that he's not allowed to vote for himself.

roband wrote:It's fine to say "I disagree with this and that, and as such, think you might be a lyncher for our confirmed townies". It's NOT fine to say "I think you're a lyncher" with no justification, other than that the (questionable) flavour says they're 'confirmed' as townies.
Back up your views, please.
I think the fact that the mod says we can trust them is justification enough. If you're not going to do what the mod tells you to do, then [dead horse beating]what was with the whole sheep thing? [/dead horse beating]

I agree with FAOT's most recent post about this. Your arguments against wei and angua are weak, and it makes me question your judgement if you think that such weak arguments are enough to suspect the least suspicious players.
-Adam

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby b.i.o » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:38 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:I can't think of any questions that you would actually answer. How about this: Is there any way we can change your win condition or post restriction (or whatever it is that is making you act like a clown on drugs) to something more helpful to town?

Oh fine, I'll tell you.

I'm not actually a human at all. I'm a bottle of apple juice. An evil wizard cast a spell on me and forced my spirit into the body of a three-headed weevil, making me sentient in the process. I need to get back to my apple juice bottle before it ferments, or my soul stuck in-between the worlds forever. If you could just help me find the bottle before it's too late, I'd be ever so grateful and happy to help. I'd also be a bottle of apple juice, but it's the thought that counts, right?

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:]If you're not going to do what the mod tells you to do, then [dead horse beating]what was with the whole sheep thing? [/dead horse beating]


Although I agree that I see no reason why Angua/Wei aren't confirmed town, these two points you make are two uncomparable things as one is an order and the other is flavour/information. It is abit of an exaggeration of the situation on your part so slight FoS: Adam.

Bio, are you a three-headed weevil? Will that lift the spell like it did with Roband & Mav, if it is the same spell? On a side note, this is like playing a mafia version of charades <.<.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby mpolo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

Well. That one is _interesting_. It is supposed to be a surprise, though, and that role would fit squarely into the category of surprising.

I only skimmed the text wall. tim likes me because he thinks he knows what my role is... I suppose I can accept that, except I don't recall trying to drop any hints.

Apple juice has quite a weird personality. I'm kind of wondering whether it isn't already apple wine.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 pm UTC

Fair enough, FAOT. I guess I didn't think that the sheep thing was an order rather than flavor.

LOL at mpolo's post. Are we actually taking bio seriously?
-Adam

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:05 pm UTC

@mpolo: you didnt give hints, but our numbers are the same, and I still think the numbers are highly relevant to the game.

@Adam, I guess there probably is another mistake in there... Especially in the last part as most of that is directly from my memory, which has appeared to be fallible time and time again. Thats why I started taking notes, and I figured that for honesty matters I might as well do it in-thread...
@the typographer: if I were a good writer, I'd be writing books by now.. But I'm not so here I am. Didn't use bold since thats usually used to adress mods.
@Robert: Don't tell me there's not a load of content in there. Sure, I could explain less, but explaining less didn't get me anywhere so far, only to a load of FoSes and votes. And look, here I am, again explaining myself... Surely coming into another meta is a wonderful experience.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:34 pm UTC

EBWOP: @Adam, read the last part of the post you quoted from again. Now, in your head, link that with "the rest" in your quote. Makes sense now?
And how about lets ignore our friend with cups of wine, and rather, focus on other things? I dont see how interrogating self-proclaimed apple juice is getting us any further.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Adam H » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:@Adam, read the last part of the post you quoted from again. Now, in your head, link that with "the rest" in your quote. Makes sense now?
Sorry, no. I have no idea what you are trying to say.
-Adam

User avatar
webby
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:02 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby webby » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:57 pm UTC

Yeah, I know I've been making short posts/being a little quiet, but I'm quite busy at the moment. It's my last week of work for the year, then I have a busy weekend, but from next Monday (the 19th) I'll have a lot more time. I'll try to post whatever I can until then, but don't expect any big posts for now.

I have no idea whether to take b.i.o seriously (I assume not, but it's worth trying anyway), but if anyone can give them a bottle as part of their role, it seems like they'd be grateful.

In case it's not a role dependent thing, I'll try it:

Put the apple juice in a bottle

But I don't think I'm going to try drinking it. :P

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Krong » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:24 am UTC

So... I was waiting for everybody to post at least once to see if anyone had any animal restrictions today. None so far, it seems. I wouldn't put it past roband and Mav to fake that as a scum team out of the hope that no one brings it up again, but that seems a bit risky for minimal reward if they're scum. (Did someone actually mention this earlier? Misnomer says he didn't, and I don't have time to check if anyone else did.) I don't understand what the point of it was if it was an ability, though. Hmm. I guess I'll put this under my "maybe important in the future, not helpful now" file.

Although, this
Mavketl wrote:The two scum groups are sapphire and purple. N1 we saw a green haze. b.i.o changed his avatar to a differently coloured version (red/orange-ey) of his regular avatar. Let's keep an eye open for more of these things?

is a good point. We've had a couple games where there's some weird color mechanic that's hard to figure out initially... I believe Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and Rabbits (an Amy game!) all had something similar. I'm not convinced yet that this is a thing, though, as the haze is probably something to do with ElectricHaze as previously suggested, and b.i.o's thing... has to do with apple juice maybe? Assuming he's not just screwing with us.

Sorry for the lack of posting... I should have a bit more time in the near future. Also, I've realized my posts have tended towards the passive and observing side of things -- there's a good reason for it, and I plan to rectify the situation soon anyway.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:34 am UTC

Krong wrote:Assuming he's not just screwing with us.

I'm pretty sure he's just screwing with us on the applejuice thing. How are people taking that seriously? He has blatently said he is intentionally not bieng helpful.

The only time I've seen just blatenty screwing around was P.E. in Lock Stock when he could no longer win. Of course that was recent so b.i.o may be trying to replicate P.E.'s succesful over the topness that prevent him from bieng lynched. Still it seems to be that b.i.o is indifferent to weither he lives or dies. Perhaps dying doesn't interfear with his chances of winning. Or he is lynch immune but wants to be targeted...

ForAllOfThis wrote:Although I understand the reasoning, I don't like the fact that bio has jumped from 1 to 4 votes almost immediately because of 'sudden end of day' scare tactics, employed by Boomfrog. Given there's a relatively good chance that bio could be a jester of some sort because of his behaviour (and they often come with a bomb attached), those people putting votes down are braver than me. If bio does have a day ending power and is a jesterbomb, you've just walked into one hell of a trap. Of course it will also mean that BF has all but outted himself as being aligned with bio. As a result, I would prefer to see BF having the end vote on b.i.o. for convincing people it's a good idea.


We could put someone else at three votes instead of b.i.o. Anyone scummier then roband will do. Although frankly roband is pretty scummy with the whole NK immune claim. I just think it's pretty clear that b.i.o. has two votes and is not aligned with town, so I don't want him deciding the lynch again. However I agree, lets not put any more votes on him. I'll even be lasty just to make you feel better.

Unvote
Vote b.i.o


However, I think we're best off not lynch b.i.o and hoping he gets NKed by a vig or something. However, since he is an unrepentent anti-town double voter, we better make sure we lynch our target by more then a margin of two votes, which will be hard to do with a typically fractured town and a significant mafia population.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Gopher of Pern
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Central Coast, Australia

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Gopher of Pern » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:52 am UTC

bio's recent posts have actually cleared some things up for me. Reading between the lines, I know longer get a scum vibe. Still possibly a jester, but in any case, I'm no longer on the side of lynching them.

timm, why do you think the numbers are relevant?

Boomfrog, you do realise that roband has no votes on them? bio has changed their vote to timm, for an actual reason (IMO).
Look In My Face
Stare In My Soul
I Begin To Stupefy

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:04 am UTC

GoP: What can I say, I'm a numbers kind of guy.. And I really dont believe that the numbers are a red herring, thats too bad to be true.
Also a tl;dr for those who complain my wall was too big:
My opinions:
No clue: webby, Adam H, greenlover, GoP
Town: mpolo, Angua
Leaning town: FAOT, BF, roband.
Want more input: infina, Krong(already said he would soon)
IGMEOY: Weiy
Schizofrenic: bio.
Suspected polymorpher: Misnomer

There ya go.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:20 am UTC

Seriously? I claimed because I panicked and thought I was about to get lynched. I wanted to give any good townie out there a reason to use a power they might have been saving, to stop bio (I'm thinking public vig, like in Lock, Stock maybe?) and save me from the lynch. I was put into exactly the same situation as ElectricHaze was yesterday, how am I to know how bio's role works?
I wanted to err on the side of caution, and that involved being honest. Sorry if that caused you a problem.

Not sure what else you want me to say here.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Adam H » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:22 pm UTC

Mavketl wrote:The two scum groups are sapphire and purple. N1 we saw a green haze. b.i.o changed his avatar to a differently coloured version (red/orange-ey) of his regular avatar. Let's keep an eye open for more of these things?
Bio also said that the colors in my avatar were hurting his eyes.

Haha, I was searching through the thread for color related things and I saw these posts by t1mm:
Nov 29:
t1mm01994 wrote:Actually, since 7 was taken twice and there was no problem with that, I think the numbers are more of a red herring... I'll keep my eye out on that regardless.

Dec 13:
t1mm01994 wrote:And I really dont believe that the numbers are a red herring, thats too bad to be true.

I can't find where the change of heart occurred...

Wow, another interesting thing is that mpolo is the only other player to type "red herring" in a post... mpolo and t1mm are both #7... coincidence? OR RED HERRING?!?!

Another conspiracy theory: misnomer highlighted something t1mm said in blue - a.k.a. sapphire!
-Adam

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby mpolo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 am UTC

Your avatar actually has both Blue and Purple in it. Hmmm... Could b.i.o be sensitive to one or the other? Either because he is a member of one of the groups or because he is related to a victim or some such?
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:31 pm UTC

12 posts in the last 24 hours? Anyone out there?

User avatar
_infina_
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:55 pm UTC
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby _infina_ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm UTC

I have twice had my post eaten by a spotty internet connection. I'll make this short and as quick as I can.

Krong, Misnomer and FOAT should bother him if it is just the avatar colors blue and purple. I think it may be a subtle cop result.

I think everyone has become too focused on b.i.o, not noticing any other good candidates.

I will post more later, as I have almost finished my semester.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby Adam H » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:25 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:Krong, Misnomer and FOAT should bother him if it is just the avatar colors blue and purple. I think it may be a subtle cop result.
Really. You really think that bio is a cop, and he copped me, and I'm scum. REEEEEAAAAALLY.
_infina_ wrote:I think everyone has become too focused on b.i.o, not noticing any other good candidates.
Quite right.

Unvote

Vote: infina
-Adam

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Amy's Surprise Game [Day 2]

Postby roband » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:35 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:Krong, Misnomer and FOAT should bother him if it is just the avatar colors blue and purple. I think it may be a subtle cop result.


Lol, and yourself perhaps, Mr-Blue-avatar?


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests