[L]Firefly Mafia - Game Over - Serenity Crew Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Prelates, Moderators General

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 4 - Odd

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:29 am UTC

Well hopefully that puts an end to the recruiting. Although I expected the Reavers to start killing when they couldn't recruit anymore so I'm still a bit worried. It seems we don't have a vig anymore and alliance tried to kill FAOT. However I think we can narrow down the potential Reavers quite a bit by looking at the votes yesterday.

Mpolo - as always late to the vote and a meaningless pile-on
Roband - Vehemently against the Mr. Face vote from D1. If he's a Reaver he probably started as one.
Mostlynormal - Tried to divert the lynch onto FAOT and when he failed then just gave up and disappeared. This is my strongest suspicion so I looked back at D1. MN also attempted to poo poo Amy's sense that Mr. Face was a reaver D1 as well.

Vote Mostlynormal
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 am UTC

Ninja'd by Amy and MN, but my points stand.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos
BoomFrog

Postby Angua » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 pm UTC

Right, first of all, my vote on fireburns was not supposed to last that long. I got ill on Monday night (abdominal migraine) which meant I was either throwing up or passed out from exhaustion until Wednesday, when I had to drag myself to a tutorial, but did find time to post, however I was still too tired so there was no way I was going to try and find a different candidate to vote for.

I'm sorry about that, but you'll have to take it or leave it. Fireburns never really gave a satisfactory post even after my vote, so I'm still going to reserve judgement on them until we get something longer from them.

One thing I've been thinking about is that we have to be careful about assuming that mrface was the original reaver, even if amy pegged them as one from d1. Just because it would be exceedingly cunning of the revers to recruit them and then hope we think the matter's been closed once they come up scum. Amy has now decided we might have had two original reavers, so my point about being wary no longer sounds so necessary, but I thought it might be something to keep in mind? The fact that no one died last night could be pointing towards a failed nk by our vig and reavers aren't sk's (though that makes no sense from flavour), or it could mean that either the vig or the seer (if we're going for that idea of how come our vig has been so spot on) has been recruited - probably the seer if the vig was the one who targeted FaoT.

I don't know what to make of FaoT saying that they got a choice in what weapon to be killed by, especially since they weren't even going to be killed.

More later as it's lunch - i'll be thinking on who I think is scum though.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:05 pm UTC

No response from the mod on the whole weapon thing. I know my posting has dipped. Will keep up today.

Roband has had a pretty strong reaction against Amy getting MrFace lynched from the start. There might be something there. Her reasons may have been weak but it seems that they were right. She also might be alliance but as we already have a few alliance members dead, reavers are a much bigger worry IMO. Obviously a lynch or a kill on either would be good, but I would prefer to hit a reaver over alliance.

Mr Face D1 claimed to have found TheSecondShadow scummy, accuses Chan of active lurking and votes Angua. We know one of them (Chan) was not a reaver to start with. Makes me think one of them might have been recruited to throw us off, seems like a pretty good tactic for a cult, but there's generally no need for a D1 bussing so I doubt any of them is one of the other original reavers (if we have more than one, I'm just assuming we do).
ForAllOfThis

Postby mpolo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:51 pm UTC

So, we have a reaver down who was apparently only a reaver. He wasn't identified as the cult leader, though, so Amy is likely right that there is still another original reaver out there. There is presumably also an original Alliance member, but they are either not doing much or they are being constantly blocked by townie powers. Stopping the recruiting would be a high priority at the moment, so we should be concentrating on finding the reaver.

Amy is basically cleared of reaverhood at this point, I think. Alliance might work with town to get rid of the common threat, but I'm guessing that she's town.

FAOT and Chandani were confirmed town yesterday, and will have to be scrutinized to detect possibly having been converted. But that's not particularly high priority (assuming Amy is correct, and the recruit stops with the death of the last original reaver).

I'm sorry for the lack of vote. I was expecting a little more time for a decision when suddenly we had only five valid voters, so that mrface was hammered before I could post.
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby Angua » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:39 pm UTC

1. Angua
2. Sungura
3. Adacore Killed N2 - River Tam (reaver)
4.greenlover Killed N1 - The Operative
5. BoomFrog
6. b.i.o
7. ForAllOfThis
8. roband
9. mpolo
10. mrface Lynched D3 - Reaver
11. Azrael001
12. Gopher of Pern Lynched D1 - Lawrence Dobson
13. TheSecondShadow
14. Chandani
15. Mostlynormal
16. PhoenixEnigma Fire Brns

Ok, so we have 12 players left. If we assume we started with 2 original reavers, then we should have (+3-2) 3 reavers at the moment.

Thinking about it - mrface would have been an original reaver if the fact that they weren't revealed as 'xxx - reaver' is anything to go by (eg adacore came up river - reaver). This means that we have one person from the original day, and 2 people who have been culted since (providing reavers only cult one person per night). We might even be lucky and have less reavers if town has had a roleblocker who's been successful.

So, of the people who are left, we have Amy who is apparently psychic, FaoT who's claimed book, Az who's claimed inventor (kaylee) and chandani who's claimed Mal. It's highly likely that at least one of these people have been recruited - but only a maximun of 2, as one of the reaver's recruits would have been adacore (river). So we have at least 2 town players here - if we could figure out which ones to trust, then town will be in a good position, especially if we get the second original reaver (provided there is one). If there isn't another original reaver, then town is in even a better position (this is all assuming the lack of alliance baddies as we haven't heard from them recently, but maybe they're biding their time while town chases after reavers).

So, it's hard to tell if secondshadow is probably town - mr face didn't really say much about them other than the fact that they seem to be actively lurking. It's actually kind of hard to tell much from those that defended mrface (including myself) given the fact that they allegations against them weren't that strong in the first place - we sort of ended up going for them because we didn't have anything better. We also have the problem that with Amy going after mr face so early on, their reaver mate probably wouldn't have jumped to defend them, given that we'd have eventually probably lynched them anyway.
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” - Mark Twain
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm UTC

So reavers can recruit every night and they started with 2? 狗鹫,现在吃了我。I know they are supposed to be scary but if this is true we need to weed them out.
And what about alliance? If the reavers keep recruiting independant and town like it looks like they are doing then alliance can pull their weight in the votes.
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:It was the Renaissance. Everyone was Italian.
Fire Brns

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:10 pm UTC

Fire Brns wrote:So reavers can recruit every night and they started with 2? 狗鹫,现在吃了我。I know they are supposed to be scary but if this is true we need to weed them out.
And what about alliance? If the reavers keep recruiting independant and town like it looks like they are doing then alliance can pull their weight in the votes.

...Who said Reavers are only recruiting indis and town? What indi have they recruited? We know an original reaver is dead, and we know a town (river) was converted. There are likley three (and, if you dont buy two revers to start with, then two) reavers still around that we have no clue who they are. There is nothing cannon-wise or mod-wise that suggests alliance cannot be reavered, if anything, they /can/ be as they were just as equally attacked as shown by one of the episodes and the movie.

The fact you would purposefully say "independant and town" only leaving out only /one/ group makes me think you have more info than you are sharing, more info that would only be known to you unless you WERE a reaver. It was active tense as well "if they reavers keep recruiting independant and town". We have NO signs they have recruited indi. Well, until now.

Angua, I'd agree - they probably grabbed one confirmed townie from those who claimed. And probably one lurker. In light of this I'd like to reframe my last post which suggested SecondShadow as alliance rather than indy, as he would have made a good recruit with how below the radar he is staying.

tl/dr I think our revers left:
1 original - firebrns
1 town culted - from the confirmed people (faot as book, az as kaylee, chandani as mal)
1 indi - second shadow or ??

Frankly, considering it is likely mal has mason chat with at least Zoe if not Zoe and Walsh, it would make best sense if an earlier recruit to grab Chandani as then it gives the cult more pertinant info on likely more than just one other person. If a later recruit to grab this town firebrns speaks of, Az would probably make more sense as an inventor working for a cult gives them huge advantage (just see Matrix game and other prior games were the cult got the inventor).
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." ~ Einstein
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby roband » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:21 pm UTC

That works unless brns is referring to the reavers as scum - which I suspect he is.
That makes the Alliance the 'indies' he refers to, and the good guys as town. Alliance being 'independent' isn't that absurd and is something that was even discussed.
Sorry Sungura, it really does look like you're reaching again. Maybe I'm wrong. Again.

Sorry, I have no motivation for this game right now - I don't know why.
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:56 pm UTC

Last night I made the Ultrakilla Nuclear powered Plasma Cannon 5000. This gave me another red button with instructions to vote to aim, and pressing it to fire.

I assume that it will kill the target, but I don't know. I'll test it on firebrns if no one has any objections.
Azrael001

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 pm UTC

Well Roband it seems you only motivation in this game is to whine about me. Try being original for once. :roll:

It's kinda been proven revers are cult as they are....you know...CONVERTING PEOPLE as proven by River's death. If he's making a cult = mafia equivilancy he has to be much more precise as a culting mafia is super rare. I think one of my games was the only time that happened? And I don't think such a thing has been discussed at all this entire game.
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." ~ Einstein
Sungura

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 pm UTC

Let me clarify: looking at the 2 dead reavers neither had alliance names or affiliations. Only one alliance so far appears to have died, and he went day 1. Alliance still has to have a big population.

Town has the ultimate goal of purity. I assume a cult wouldn't mind the mafia dividing the self preservation vote and would likewise avoid culting mafia, vice versa the mafia has the win condition of majority over town and wouldn't mind a few townies geting culted. Independants refer to ancillary characters without strong affiliations who I wouldn't put it past to not exist in the game like Niska, Badger, or Atherton.

Also I'm a replacement, if infana had made me a reaver I wouldn't be a culting one. Assume I was a reaver for a second and i'm offended you would suggest such a thing; I can't cult, I'm a low priority until more bodies start dropping in the night.
懂吗?
Pfhorrest wrote:As someone who is not easily offended, I don't really mind anything in this conversation.
Fire Brns

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm UTC

Fire Brns wrote:Also I'm a replacement, if infana had made me a reaver I wouldn't be a culting one. Assume I was a reaver for a second and i'm offended you would suggest such a thing; I can't cult, I'm a low priority until more bodies start dropping in the night.
Replacements hold the same roles as the originals. You replaced Pheonix, yes? Whatever role PE was, you are now. It's not what infina "makes you", it's the role PE was. If PE was reaver, you are reaver. How it works. Roles dont get switched up.
Sungura

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:02 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:
Fire Brns wrote:Also I'm a replacement, if infana had made me a reaver I wouldn't be a culting one. Assume I was a reaver for a second and i'm offended you would suggest such a thing; I can't cult, I'm a low priority until more bodies start dropping in the night.
Replacements hold the same roles as the originals. You replaced Pheonix, yes? Whatever role PE was, you are now. It's not what infina "makes you", it's the role PE was. If PE was reaver, you are reaver. How it works. Roles dont get switched up.

That is ridiculous and scary, it would also be surprising for the fact that this would make the reavers far more powerfull and have an extreme advantage.
Through your suppositions and a few other's: we have/had on the playing field a total of three culting reavers that can recruit 1 person every night.

Reavers in general: 2 to start +3 nights of recruitment, - 2, plus me -because a reaver was killed, i'm a replacement, therefore I'm a reaver right? Assuming there are 4 reavers, there are 12 of us, a third have to be reavers. 対?

I'd think more than enough you are alliance and are creating a boogeyman to draw the attention of the town. Convince me otherwise.

Edit: tiny to avoid confusion.
Fire Brns

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:17 pm UTC

Fire Brns wrote:
Sungura wrote:

That is ridiculous and scary, it would also be surprising for the fact that this would make the reavers far more powerfull and have an extreme advantage.
Through your suppositions and a few other's: we have/had on the playing field a total of three culting reavers that can recruit 1 person every night.

Reavers in general: 2 to start +3 nights of recruitment, - 2, plus me -because a reaver was killed, i'm a replacement, therefore I'm a reaver right? Assuming there are 4 reavers, there are 12 of us, a third have to be reavers. 対?

I'd think more than enough you are alliance and are creating a boogeyman to draw the attention of the town. Convince me otherwise.

Edit: tiny to avoid confusion.

I'm confused on what you are trying to say.

How long have you played on this forum? PE isn't dead, you simply replaced him. What his role was, is now you. You are PE, in essence. Nothing changed. I'm not saying when someone dies a new player comes in and gets role of reaver. That'd be crazy speak. I'm mearly saying whatever role PE was, you now are. It's how replacements work.

If PE was reaver from d1, you are reaver from d1. Similarly, say PE wasn't, say he was Zoe. Then you are now Zoe, as he was. Make sense now?

How are there four reavers? 5-2 = 3, and that assumes 2 to start with and perfect recruiting. What numbers are you using to assume there are four?
Sungura

Postby Sungura » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:19 pm UTC

ebwop: if you are saying anything worthwhile in chinese please post it in English instead. Google translate is shit with it and will only half translate into jarbled mess for me, and I don't (and sure many others) do not read Chinese.
Sungura

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 pm UTC

My chinese at this point is stuff that is best left as "not English" or interjections such as "dong ma?"

As I said before your implications said 4.
2 to start, +3 nights of recruitment, - 2, + me. (Because if I am a reaver I counteract one of the lynchings)
Personally I believe there has to be maybe 3 since they havn't killed anyone and that implies failed killing since the last culter died if they don't have a second culter.
Failed killings may be what are happening since reavers kill in packs. Having to kill on a one on one basis is not how reavers operate.

At this point Alliance really is my concern, if tonight is quite again I'll panic but right now it cannot be: 8 crew, 3 reavers, and a purplebelly left alive. Somehow the other reaver was culted but not identified after death.
*realization*
My guess is River had to be fresh to be identified; after all you make yourself look like one if you become a reaver.

Heads up, I'm using "bushwacked" as my primary reference for this post.
Fire Brns

Postby roband » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:43 pm UTC

I think brns just admitted to being a reaver...

Sungura - I don't mean to whine about you, but I don't see that your 'tells' have had much of a basis.
Either one so far. Sure, mrface ended up being whatever he was, but that doesn't convince me about you at all.

I will not blindly follow you like so many others seem happy to do.
roband
One Letter From A Gunslinger

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm UTC

I don't think Roband's accusation of blind following is quite true. Nobody's been taking Amy's words as gospel, though Az has tended to trust her. We lynched mrface because unfortunately there wasn't much else to go on.

Azrael's suggestion of shooting Fire brns might be a good idea. I don't think we should do it until after votes are all tallied and stuff, because it might end the day, but it seems his invention has bought us a second lynch, which might make up for the one he took from us N2.

My primary scummiest is still Angua for now.

As a side note, I've got this sort of crazy paranoid theory in the back of my mind that Amy is actually the second original reaver (or that she was culted), and then she lynched mrface to get townie points. I'm not taking it too seriously at the moment but I'm going to remember it if more evidence comes to light. It would certainly explain her being right about mrface in a way that doesn't invove ESP.
Mostlynormal

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:06 pm UTC

roband wrote:I think brns just admitted to being a reaver...

What do you mean?
this:
after all you make yourself look like one if you become a reaver.

or
2 to start, +3 nights of recruitment, - 2, + me. (Because if I am a reaver I counteract one of the lynchings)

First means there is a small window of time in which a culted reaver can be identified as it's original personality upon death.
Second is sarcasmic.

I don't mean to belittle the reaver threat but I think y'all lyched the culter and they havn't been killing sucessfully. Assuming I replaced river the dead alliance.
There is the slight chance I actually replaced PE after he was a culted, which would make me whatever he was originally but that means there has to be a culter left.
The final option is that I replaced PE and PE was originally reaver. This wouldn't be shiny since it means I got outed by Infana.

Right now I'm not painting a pretty picture of myself since it relies on a few big IFs. I'm just hoping I don't die over these ridiculous circumstances.
Last edited by Fire Brns on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Fire Brns

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm UTC

I still don't think you understand how replacements work. You did not replace river, river is dead, and you did replace PE and took PEs role and status (culted/not culted). Or are you claiming that you are River? Why are the only two options that PE was recruited or PE was a reaver? You could have took over PE's role and they were neither, just a member of the crew, town, not culted.

Seeing as we took out quite a few alliance members, the bigger threat is the reavers given their cult status, so you are belittling that threat. I don't like it.
ForAllOfThis

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:42 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote: Why are the only two options that PE was recruited or PE was a reaver? You could have took over PE's role and they were neither, just a member of the crew, town, not culted.

Seeing as we took out quite a few alliance members, the bigger threat is the reavers given their cult status, so you are belittling that threat. I don't like it.

Replacing River's town status, River had some special ability right: schizophrenic mindreader and all. PE was killed as a reaver, no? Could he have been lynched as a regular person and the reavers planted evidence? Of course, but it isn't likely. And you don't "like it":
Fire Brns wrote:I don't mean to belittle the reaver threat but I think y'all lyched the culter and they havn't been killing sucessfully

You were a bit defensively hostile also at my suggestion of killing more alliance. Town is honestly going to loose if we spend our entire time rooting out reavers that are for practical purposes crippled.

Lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong but I think we need to kill the alliance, they can't grow, we know 2 are dead, the remainder are going to jump on the reaver bandwagon.
Fire Brns

Postby Mostlynormal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

I think from the setup there's most likely just one Alliance left, so they're not really a huge threat. But you aren't making sense, since PE wasn't killed or lynched, he simply got too busy and asked for a replacement, sort of like an understudy in a play or a substitute teacher. As his "substitute," you pick up exactly where he left off, with the same role and everything.

You seems a bit defensively hostile at our suggestion of killing more reavers. At this point, like I said, it's not likely there are more than one, and definitely not more than two, alliance. However it's quite likely that there's still a cult leader running around, and that's a much bigger threat.
Mostlynormal

Postby Fire Brns » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 pm UTC

I apologize, my memory failed me on PE.
1 alliance cannot maintain a majority and therefore win, they will vote with the reavers anyway as town loss is partial victory. So killing him or her would not be out of our way. Would town really be 9 in a starting pool of 16? Wash and Inara would be ommitable, we may still have more alliance than we though.

You seems a bit defensively hostile at stating something in your own words, seriously. You can't quote someone and replace one word then act like it was clever.(Sorry it's a peeve, no personal offence intended.) If you think I'm a reaver say so but don't take my accusation and use it against me copy paste.

This isn't canon so the rules have to be changed around to stay balanced.
Fire Brns

Postby Azrael001 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:19 pm UTC

I think I'll just do this now.

Vote Fire Brns

Press the button.
Azrael001

Postby _infina_ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:I think I'll just do this now.

Vote Fire Brns

Press the button.

Fire Brns is now dead. Role will be revealed in the end of day flavor.

11 Players, 6 to lynch.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:41 am UTC

That was slightly premature, but I can't really blame you. Now it's time to get down to the real lynching.

Angua wrote:Right, first of all, my vote on fireburns was not supposed to last that long.

That's all well and good, but my main objection is to your erally scummy vote on greenlover.
Mostlynormal

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 am UTC

agh typing fail. really*
Mostlynormal

Postby Sungura » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:49 am UTC

"greenlover was The Operative, a member of the Alliance." <- from day start post

What's wrong with a vote on Greenlover? not following that.
Sungura

Postby Angua » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 am UTC

I stand by my premature vote for a lurker (which happened to be right) as I didn't feel there was anyone else scummier around. It's not like I left it there when other stuff came to light (such as GoP still going for Chandani even though they claimed Mal).

If that's what you have against me, then I don't really have much to say. While going for the lurker lynch may be slightly scummy, I don't see how you can say it's really scummy.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby TheSecondShadow » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am UTC

If there are two original reavers as Amy suggested
Then the reavers mya still have a recruit
which implies losing one reaver wasnt a death blow
which in turn suggests one of the reavers may have bussed the other.

Therefore, Amy is not confirmed town by her own suggestion.

Furthermore, I had a habit of promising longer posts and then taking ages to deliver. I thought I had broken it completely but apparently old habits can come back with a vengeance if you are out of practice. I would promise them as both town and mafia.
TheSecondShadow

Postby Mostlynormal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:"greenlover was The Operative, a member of the Alliance." <- from day start post

What's wrong with a vote on Greenlover? not following that.

Since he obviously wouldn't be lynched, it seemed just as likely to be distancing, or simply a reaver playing it safe. The whole lurker vote thing is the part that bothers me.

Angua wrote:I stand by my premature vote for a lurker (which happened to be right) as I didn't feel there was anyone else scummier around. It's not like I left it there when other stuff came to light (such as GoP still going for Chandani even though they claimed Mal).

If that's what you have against me, then I don't really have much to say. While going for the lurker lynch may be slightly scummy, I don't see how you can say it's really scummy.

I suppose you're right. I tend to overexaggerate my accusations to try to get people to overreact. But I still think you're the scummiest right now, so I'm not going to change my vote.
Mostlynormal

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 3 - RIVER!

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:34 am UTC

Mostlynormal wrote:Amy has a point. Once again, sitting around saying "I don't have anything good to go on" or something to that effect is just not helpful to town. If there's a cult around recruiting then it's very likely that either Chandani or FAOT is scum. Like I said before, FAOT has been acting a little weird, and unfortunately Chandani hasn't been around at all so I can't get a read off of her. So, the person I would lynch right now is FAOT and I'm willing to put my vote where my mouth is.

Vote: FAOT
Boomfrog made a good point about FAOT but I'm utterly lost right now so my vote stays for the moment, as I'd rather lynch someone who has at least some good chance of being scum at all. I might go back and read through a bit tommorrow.
Then he doesn't post again until the next day.

No one else finds this poor attempt at diverting the lynch yesterday to be scummy? Really? Have all the aggressive players been recruited by the Reavers already?

Speaking of formerly aggressive players...

Is b.i.o. still playing this game? Perhaps a modprod?
BoomFrog

Re: [L]Firefly Mafia - Day 3 - RIVER!

Postby Mostlynormal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:46 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:No one else finds this poor attempt at diverting the lynch yesterday to be scummy? Really? Have all the aggressive players been recruited by the Reavers already?

I can't say it was very good town play, because it wasn't, but I don't see how it could be thought of as trying to divert the lynch. I had picked out FAOT as scummy, you made a point, but I didn't know who else was scum and I was unfortunately too busy/lazy to go through and reread. I left my vote on FAOT because I would, at that time, have rather lynched him than someone like mrface (who had nothing really against him at that time except that Amy didn't like him for some reason).
Mostlynormal

Postby mpolo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm UTC

I totally disconnected yesterday. Sorry about that. Azrael seems to have done a better job on his invention this time, making a vig-device rather than a day ender. As far as it goes, I think that the action was pretty justified -- Fire Brns' statements were anything but townish, all but claiming Reaver as a role.

It remains unclear to me if we are talking about the original Reavers here, but I have a cautious optimism that we are. Fire Brns seems to have been confused by the replacement PM, which I think wouldn't have happened with "You are River, who has been converted into a Reaver" or "You are River Tam" followed by a message at the end of a night "You have now been converted". [Yes, I realize that River is dead. It's the name that was being thrown around in those confusing messages…]
Image <-- Evil experiment
mpolo

Postby Azrael001 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:00 pm UTC

With the most scummy player dead I'm not really sure who else is scummy. Now that other people are mentioning Angua, I feel a bit better about my earlier modicum of suspicion. I also agree that there is a chance that Amy was bussing people, however, as I think that I have said, I'm pretty sure that if she isn't town, then she's more likely to be independent, or alliance.
Azrael001

Postby Sungura » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 pm UTC

I'm still not okay with brook/secondshadow, I'll have to reread to organize my thoughts on that again though.
Sungura

Postby Angua » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 am UTC

Azrael001 wrote:With the most scummy player dead I'm not really sure who else is scummy. Now that other people are mentioning Angua, I feel a bit better about my earlier modicum of suspicion. I also agree that there is a chance that Amy was bussing people, however, as I think that I have said, I'm pretty sure that if she isn't town, then she's more likely to be independent, or alliance.

One other person.....

And on that note, I"m going to

vote: mostlynormal

Because they're still going against me for pretty much no reason, and not really looking at any other the other activity that's happened in subsequent days.

I won't be around for the next 4 days. I hope that my vote will still count.
Angua
Don't call her Delphine

Postby Mostlynormal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 pm UTC

Well, I'm not the best at scumhunting, and usually I go off of people's actions. Your actions have been the scummiest. So I'm going to keep my vote where it is because I like having a vote out. If someone convinces me to change it, I'll change it.
Mostlynormal

Postby _infina_ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 pm UTC

Chandani has been replaced by devourke.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu
_infina_

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia