The Underworld - Game over - Beelzebub (mafia) Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

The Underworld - Game over - Beelzebub (mafia) Wins

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 am UTC

You all know the standard rules. This is at least your second game of Mafia. There is no need to confirm in thread, once you have received your role PM just start posting.

Special rules for this game:
1) Players currently in Hell may post and vote and be voted for normally. "Souls" waiting to enter hell will become full players the following night, but they may post as soon as they receive their role PM. Souls cannot vote, be voted for but they can use their powers and be targeted the night they arrive.
2) When there are three souls ready to enter hell then night will fall as soon as the mod realizes it and posts day end. Night will last roughly 48 hours plus an extra 24 hours if night falls during a weekend.
3) Tie votes will result in random.org deciding it for us. FYI, if any non-town faction controls half the votes then the game will be over.
4) Please ask all rules questions by PM and they will be answered anonymously in thread or by a reply PM at the mod's discretion.
5) Play to win, and have fun. :)

Players currently in Hell:
3. greenlover - Died in Firefly of a fatal not being alive anymore. - Killed N3
4. fearless - Died in Hogwarts of shame and confusion.
8. t1mm01994 - Died in Hogwarts of a fatal tattle-taling incident. - Lynched D2
9. SecondShadow - Died in Hogwarts of not being around anymore. - Lynched D1
10. Lataro - Died in Hogwarts of starvation after being sent home from school without dinner. - Killed N1
7. trineroks - Died in Zombie Apocalypse of a lethal dose of not surviving.
5. eculc - Died in Zombie Apocalypse of cold-blooded murder. - Poisoned N2
1. TheMaskedGecko - Died in Zombie Apocalypse of acute lead poisoning. - Lynched D3
6. Woopate - Died in Zombie Apocalypse of a lonely heart
2. Adam H - Sold his soul to the Mod.
11. Mpolo - Part of a "buy one get one free" sale on souls.
Last edited by BoomFrog on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:52 am UTC, edited 17 times in total.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Re: The Underworld - Pregame - Red Devil needs soul, badly.

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 am UTC

You died, it wasn't pleasant but your memories of your past life have already begun to fade. But one thing you do remember is that you life was dominated by violence, suspicion and paranoia. But at least you died for a greater cause right?

"Next!"

Your self examination is interrupted as you realize your at the front of the line. All around you stretching back seemingly to infinity. It seems like you've been waiting forever and you don't want to miss you chance to actually do something. The boredom was killing y... oh well, it was really unpleasant. You step up in front of a tall spiky demoness who is sitting behind an office desk made of gnashing mouths. She looks at a clipboard made of teeth and idly plays with a pen made out of plastic.

"Congratulations, you are now a proud new member of Asmodeus' Army of the Apolocolypse."

"Triple A? Do we change flat tires?"

"Oh, like I haven't heard that one before." She scowls, "Have an agonizing reincarnation." She says with a toothy grin as she pushes a red button on her desk.

You find yourself transformed into a strange demonic creature standing among a group of others. Before you stands a giant fire-breathing frog. It starts to bellow, "Alright maggots, I'm your new trainer, BoomFrog. Let me explain how this is all going to work."

Before he can continue he is suddenly shot with a crossbow bolt and explodes. Someone threw a bunch of leaflets in the air. They say, "Destruction to Asmodeus, Mephistopheles shall reign supreme. Join us now at the ground floor in our new start-up organization and enjoy many stock options and early adapter benefits."

You look around at the other four demons standing with you. At least one of them is a traitor to Asmodeus. You may not be that loyal but you know that if you can root out the traitor you will be rewarded. And there's bound to be more fresh recruits showing up at any moment anyway.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Re: The Underworld - Pregame - Red Devil needs soul, badly.

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:53 am UTC

As promised a sample town role PM:
You have been resurrected as a devious little imp. You are loyal to Asmodeus and win when all opposing factions have been eliminated. If the Asmodeus faction loses you gain a halfwin if you are alive at the end of the game. Each night you may choose two players. Player one’s power will be used on Player two instead of his intended target.

t1mm01994

Re: The Underworld - D1 - Insert witty title here.

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:01 pm UTC

Soo... Asmodeus' Army of the Apocalypse it is, I guess. 10 points to mod for the introflavor, too :) The hard thing about this is the new players. We'll be having mini day 1's over and over again.. Gosh.
Anyways, for the current setup I think there's 1 scum (2 would be too strong), and probably 1 or 2 small power roles. I'm guessing roleblocker and/or cop.

fearless

Postby fearless » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:12 pm UTC

I'm a townie, again. Seriously, of all the games I've played, I've never gotten the role of mafia :-/ I don't get the role thing. If all townies have that power switching role and let's say 2 townies pick the same player 1 but different player 2s does this mean player's 1's power is applied to 2 player 2s?

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:18 pm UTC

That's actually a really strange thing to say. That thing up there was an example. Which means that A: you're scum, so you don't know what a town PM looks like or B: You have that same role PM. I'm not sure which one it is.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:09 am UTC

In a setup like this, 4 town/1 scum is unlikely, as it gives scum really crappy odds, so some kinda indy is likely to mess with things. I'd say a MJTTT is a real possibility.

To that end, does anyone want to get lynched?
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:19 am UTC

Well, somewhere in there new players have to be fit in.. But yeah, I can buy there being an indie in here too, somewhere.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:57 am UTC

How's everyone doing?

I'm still depressed that I died N1 in Zombie Apoc :(.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:58 am UTC

Oh, btw, I just realized one more rule that's needed. If a player is in a feeder game that ends and is not still in any other feeder games they will be considered to have died and they will be added to the souls waiting to enter hell.

Vtotals: None
Souls waiting to enter hell: One

I've also just realized that Brooklynxman hasn't read his Role PM yet because he is using the account TheSecondShadow. Let us all engage in a round of booing and hissing at him for messing up the flow of the game.

TheSecondShadow

Postby TheSecondShadow » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Oh, btw, I just realized one more rule that's needed. If a player is in a feeder game that ends and is not still in any other feeder games they will be considered to have died and they will be added to the souls waiting to enter hell.

Vtotals: None
Souls waiting to enter hell: One

I've also just realized that Brooklynxman hasn't read his Role PM yet because he is using the account TheSecondShadow. Let us all engage in a round of booing and hissing at him for messing up the flow of the game.

Hey, the other account is in the TRUE underworld, unable to be entered by anyone.

TheSecondShadow

Postby TheSecondShadow » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:23 pm UTC

GAH! Cant edit. Still getting used to that.

EBWOP: Looking forward to the the dump of players when one of the feeder games ends.

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:42 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:In a setup like this, 4 town/1 scum is unlikely, as it gives scum really crappy odds, so some kinda indy is likely to mess with things. I'd say a MJTTT is a real possibility.

I think I can agree with this. Either a jester or a straightforward survivor, since a cult or a sk would be a bit overpowered, considering we only currently have 5 players. Though, does anyone think its possible from the flavor we're dealing with a cult? I think not, but that would be an important thing to figure out.

Also, does anyone have any idea how to determine the new player's alignments, as they come in? I'm guessing they might be randomly decided already. But, might as well ask:

Mod: Is it possible for the game to end before all the "Souls waiting for entrance" have come into hell?

If not, then I think we can logically assume that all players have already received an alignment, even if they have no been given their role PM yet.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 am UTC

Special rules for this game wrote:4) Please ask all rules questions by PM and they will be answered anonymously in thread or by a reply PM at the mod's discretion.
greenlover wrote:Mod: Is it possible for the game to end before all the "Souls waiting for entrance" have come into hell?
All roles have been prewritten and will not be changed unless I have to modobliterate someone. It is either very unlikely or impossible for the game to end before everyone has had a chance to play at least one day.

Also, all players are kill immune the first night they enter the game.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Special rules for this game wrote:4) Please ask all rules questions by PM and they will be answered anonymously in thread or by a reply PM at the mod's discretion.
greenlover wrote:Mod: Is it possible for the game to end before all the "Souls waiting for entrance" have come into hell?
All roles have been prewritten and will not be changed unless I have to modobliterate someone. It is either very unlikely or impossible for the game to end before everyone has had a chance to play at least one day.

Also, all players are kill immune the first night they enter the game.

So... This makes a D1 NL very attractive here IMO. If we have any kind of investigative power, this will give us a free night.

Not really seeing a downside to a D1 NL here, anyone?

fearless

Postby fearless » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:28 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:That's actually a really strange thing to say. That thing up there was an example. Which means that A: you're scum, so you don't know what a town PM looks like or B: You have that same role PM. I'm not sure which one it is.

I got the same PM - I just assumed all town-roles got that. Are you saying the townies have different roles? o_O That doesn't seem likely?

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:47 am UTC

Lataro, I think you're misunderstanding this.
Are we all NK immune this night?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Lataro, I think you're misunderstanding this.
Are we all NK immune this night?

No. trineroks and the two other souls to join us tonight are kill-immune tonight. They can be affected by all other powers.

I can see how my previous phrasing was unclear. Sorry.
Last edited by BoomFrog on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:06 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:06 am UTC

There. That's what there is against a no-lynch tonight..
And yeah, we either have a true claim day 1 by fearless, based on misunderstanding, or a very, very, very risky scum move. I'm going with the former for now.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:56 pm UTC

My suspicions are on fearless as well. Her last post - her complaint that she was nilla town - strikes me as very odd. Why would she mention that? Is it because she genuinely is a townie? Or is it some radical move to steer suspicion away from her? I take it as some very risky WIFOM.

fearless

Postby fearless » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:51 am UTC

wait what? steer suspicion away from myself when I've not been suspected of anything? Seriously no mafia would be that retarded. i was genuinely confused about the role PM hence the question.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:05 am UTC

eculc has entered the eternal line of the damned. Two souls are waiting. The day will end without further warning when a third appears.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:30 am UTC

Sounds like a good time to
Vote: trine
for misrepresentating my words ( I said I believed her for the moment) and attacking the closest thing to confirmed town we have at this day.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 am UTC

Vtotals: None :roll:
"Souls" waiting to enter hell will become full players the following night, but they may post as soon as they receive their role PM. Souls cannot vote, or be voted for but they can use their powers and be targeted the night they arrive.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:47 am UTC

Gosh, I didn't know he just entered... So, you'll get that vote day 2. I'm tempted to vote Lataro just to see his happy response, but I wont as it's not really helpful. Leaves fearless, brook and GL, and I believe the claim, so brook and GL. Will think this through for a bit, and then I'll try and vote again.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:32 pm UTC

Since a NL isn't exactly helpful in this situation...

Vote: Brook

For making no comments on the game itself. Everyone else has at least made some kind of post about the game itself, except him at this time.

Will consider removing this vote if he makes a solid post before the day ends, however, I'm not letting a lurker go under the radar here with a free pass.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:23 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Sounds like a good time to
Vote: trine
for misrepresentating my words ( I said I believed her for the moment) and attacking the closest thing to confirmed town we have at this day.
Closest thing to confirmed townie could possibly be the farthest. Her first post being a complaint on how she never gets mafia and always gets town strikes me as odd. Everyone might as well say "well shoot, I'm a townie again" and get away with it. Just saying, I suspect something scummy about her.

And yep, you are correct. I must've misinterpreted your words (I read "former" as "latter").

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 pm UTC

Err... so trine isn't in the game yet...

Are people who aren't in the game til the upcoming night allowed to post in thread?

Cuz... if not... :roll:

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Vtotals: None :roll:
"Souls" waiting to enter hell will become full players the following night, but they may post as soon as they receive their role PM. Souls cannot vote, or be voted for but they can use their powers and be targeted the night they arrive.

The answer is in there, if you look really well.
To get on with voting, I'm going to
Vote: Greenlover
because he's lurking like he usually does and I think we could do with one lurker less.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:38 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Vtotals: None :roll:

The answer is in there, if you look really well.
To get on with voting, I'm going to
Vote: Greenlover
because he's lurking like he usually does and I think we could do with one lurker less.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 pm UTC

huh, lots of odd mechanics this game...

BoomFrog

Re: The Underworld - N1 - Sloth is deadly

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:11 am UTC

Night has fallen

Vtotals:
2 Brook (Lataro, Random.org)
1 Greenlover (t1mm)

Everyone stand's around with their mouths hanging open wondering what to do and generally picking their noses. Lataro shrugs and gives Secondshadow a shove into a nearby lake of fire where he burns in horrible agony. He's doesn't die since he is already dead, but with all the screaming he's doing you don't think he'll be doing anything else for a while. t1mm, interested to see the spectical totally forgets about smashing in Greenlover's head with the rock he picked up. Just then three more figures appear out of thin air...

SecondShadow is dead
trineroks, eculc, and TheMaskedGecko have joined you. They can be targeted by powers but they cannot die tonight.

Night will end roughly 72 hours from this post. Please send in your night actions by PM to me. If you choose to not use your power please send me a PM saying so and maybe night can end earlier.

BoomFrog

Re: The Underworld - D2 - Lust

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:43 am UTC

You hear some yells of surprise as several souls materialize into physical bodies. The new recruits have arrived, but there's still no leader here to tell them what's going on. Oh well, let them figure it out themselves. You notice that SecondShadow has finally stopped screaming and turn around to see what's happened. Someone seems to have dragged him out of the lake of fire and then eaten him, you find bits of giant eyeball everywhere.

Lataro is strangely quiet and immobile. As a group you approach him cautiously to see what happened and discover he has turned to stone. He does make a charming stone incubus statue though, maybe after this is all done with you can make him into a fountain. Interestingly his pockets are stuffed with pamphlets.

Second Shadow was a giant eyeball, loyal to Asmodeus. He was a powercop. Also, he has been eaten.
Lataro is dead, he was an incubus, loyal to Mephistopheles. He was a cult recruiter.

trineroks, eculc and TheMaskedGecko have materialized, they can now vote and be voted for.
Day 2 begins.
6 alive, 4 to lynch.

Also, eculc has not even read my modprod yet so I may need to replace or obliterate him.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:17 pm UTC

Modprod? oh, sorry, didn't notice. I was waiting for D2 to post, so I didn't bother checking my PMs. to deter any thoughts of accusing me of starting off with nothing, I'll say that I'll be around to post more later. Unfortunately, I just don't have time at the moment to spend on a lengthy post. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

fearless

Postby fearless » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:07 am UTC

Ok I am confused. Why did secondshadow die? Nobody voted for his lynch...Or am I being retarded? I don't understand the mechanics of this game at all ._.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am UTC

TheSecondShadow has been around these forums for much longer, but under the name of brooklynxman. Any reference of Brook = TSS. Apart from that, thank you scum for killing the cultist, which means there is one cultee out there..

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:32 pm UTC

Yeah, I was confused as well. Thanks for clearing it up t1mm :D.

Out of curiousity, what does it mean when a body's been eaten?

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:06 pm UTC

Good catch, no clue. The fact that he was a powercop pretty much seems like we lost one of our major power roles... And him being eaten may refer to some ghost mechanic, even though I'm not sure how that would fit here. It just may be that there's some bodysearching role that can only check dead persons that have not been eaten.. But I don't know why he would get eaten and Lataro doesn't.
Wait, him being stone might have something to do with that :lol:
More to speculate on that D3, methinks..
Also, GL, sorry for the thing with the rock, you know I didn't mean it that way and all that...

fearless

Postby fearless » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 pm UTC

thanks tim for the explanation.
Well, it's a bummer that the cop's dead. He should have fought a bit harder ?_?

So if the cult recruiter dies does that mean the recruit is successful? And do we (ie town) need to get rid of the cultee (sp?) in order to win?

Trine always suspects me for no reason. Even in the Zombie game. I don't know if that makes him scummy or just a really bad player. neither of those cases benefit me so until something scummier comes, I'd rather vote him off sooner than later.

Anywho, Tim jokes about lynching Lataro, then goes for Brook. Lataro dies and Brook comes out cop. Not the best turn of events. Still, he did apply logic (re: me) so I'm going to believe he is town.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:15 pm UTC

And that's just that: suspicion. Did I turn my FoS into a vote? Nope I didn't.

How does that NOT look suspicious though? Tell me. First post of this game you say "I'm townie, again. Seriously, of all the games I've played, I've never gotten the role of mafia." You think that will clear you as a suspect? No. Maybe it's because I come from a different meta, but I find that a tell tale of scumminess. Don't know if fearless is just acting naïve.

Return to “Mafia”