[S] Fallout Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Which elements should I include in the game? (Read my post before voting please)

Poll ended at Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:25 am UTC

1) Include skills
20%
1) Don't include skills
4%
1) Either way is fine
9%
2) Use Hit Points
26%
2) Use % based weapons
2%
2) Either way is fine
6%
3) Include crazy items
22%
3) Don't include crazy items
6%
3) Either way is fine
6%

Total votes: 54

Snark

Re: [S] Fallout Mafia - D1 - Harsh but fair.

Postby Snark » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

@CaptainFinglass
I'm garnering far more votes than anyone else. I am more likely to be mislynched than anyone else. I can't think of any reason scum would want to kill me, can you?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:36 pm UTC

IDC if I'm looking scummy, Snark. You're just not doing too hot FMPOV.

But I guess that vote came in a little too hard, even though you're far from the hammer.

Unvote

And yes, people need to start trading today. FAOT i'll trade you 1 gunpowder for 1 battery pack

wam

Postby wam » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 pm UTC

An Enraged Platypus wrote:
wam wrote:I have 1 scrap and 1 chemicals for sale.

Enraged platypus could I trade one or both of the above for 1 or 2 of your leather.

I'll take one scrap for one leather.

I have sent you the scrap.

I will try and do some analysis tomorrow when I am more awake!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Snark

Postby Snark » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 pm UTC

trineroks wrote:IDC if I'm looking scummy, Snark. You're just not doing too hot FMPOV.

But I guess that vote came in a little too hard, even though you're far from the hammer.

Unvote

And yes, people need to start trading today. FAOT i'll trade you 1 gunpowder for 1 battery pack

You do realize that you've posted no content at all this game, right?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:49 am UTC

Wam gave an item to Enraged Platypus
Snark gives t1mm an item
T1mm gives Snark an item.

This has proven trickier then I thought to keep track of. Please always send me a PM by replying to a PM I sent you for this game so I can keep it organized. Thanks. If you sent in an action that you think I missed then please remind me.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

An Enraged Platypus

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:39 am UTC

wam wrote:
wam wrote:I have 1 scrap and 1 chemicals for sale.

Enraged platypus could I trade one or both of the above for 1 or 2 of your leather.

I'll take one scrap for one leather.

I have sent you the scrap.

I will try and do some analysis tomorrow when I am more awake!

Scrap received, sending leather.
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 am UTC

An Enraged Platypus gives an item to Wam

Vtotals:
Snark - 2 - (t1mm01994, CaptianFinGlass)
FAOT - 1 - (Chickenfish)
trineroks - 1 - (Snark)

Not voting: wam, ForAllOfThis, An Enraged Platypus, trineroks, TheMaskedGecko, JesseScottOwen

Deadline is in about 18 hours.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:18 am UTC

Given the low activity of this game, not have a clear vote leader concerns me, as scum could easily justify a vote on either FAOT or trineroks some time soon to cause a no lynch that looks unintentional.
While I'm more concerned about FAOT's scumminess than Snark's, I have nothing against a Snark lynch. On top of everything already against you, while I agree that trineroks has provided very little input into the thread, the same applies for others too. Why focus on just trine? FoS: trineroks, and

Unvote
Vote: Snark

In other news, FoS: Tim for doing nothing, leaping into the thread to get some gun powder, then disappearing again. Very suspect.

@An Enraged Platypus - do you need more scrap? I could really do with a leather. I'll send the conditional trade to BoomFrog now in case I'm not back in time for day's end.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 am UTC

I was intially suspcious of Snark, then was heading back towards town who wasn't understanding what was being suggested. However, his complete outing of his supplies and his complete disregard for the consensus means that in my mind he has swung back to scum. As we are getting close to the deadling and his would be the only lynch i'm happy with

vote snark

Also No town should try to be a vig!!

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:08 am UTC

Since it's not deadline yet, and won't be for another while: I've been away on a weekend with a group of friends, and wasn't able to post, and right now I'm not awake enough to post coherently. I'll try to pump out a post before deadline, if I fail you get a fancy post start of D2.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:20 am UTC

I thought I had posted yesterday, but I guess not. Must have closed down my laptop without thinking. Don't suppose you could spare another 1 value item as the battery is worth 2 (and so wouldn't be breaking trade restrictions), trineok?

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:10 pm UTC

Greetings all! Looks like I'm going to be lynched. So as town, I suspect the people voting for me are scum. So I'm not going to allow my items to go to them in the lottery.

I don't like FAOT or trineroks playing style in this game so that leaves An Enraged Platypus, TheMaskedGecko, and JesseScottOwen .

Reading through makes me feel badly about Platypus (wanting to delay trading and then jumping into it). So everything's going to TMG and JSO.

Merry Christmas.

An Enraged Platypus

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:19 pm UTC

Chickenfish wrote:
@An Enraged Platypus - do you need more scrap? I could really do with a leather. I'll send the conditional trade to BoomFrog now in case I'm not back in time for day's end.

Yes, I'm happy to perform that trade. Sending leather now.

Snark wrote:
Reading through makes me feel badly about Platypus (wanting to delay trading and then jumping into it). So everything's going to TMG and JSO.

Merry Christmas.

If others are trading, I am at a huge disadvantage if I don't. Not trading would be suicide at this point, given that the Mafia potentially have weapons on the go, and so I need to build up a suit of armour, at least a melee weapon and booby traps stat. Not trading on point of principle is likely to get me killed, which is just going to make the town to mafia ratio averse.
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 pm UTC

Snark wrote:

Merry Christmas.

If others are trading, I am at a huge disadvantage if I don't. Not trading would be suicide at this point, given that the Mafia potentially have weapons on the go, and so I need to build up a suit of armour, at least a melee weapon and booby traps stat. Not trading on point of principle is likely to get me killed, which is just going to make the town to mafia ratio averse.

Too late. :) Still don't trust you and the items are already sent. If you're town, then you getting killed isn't going to hurt the ratio any more than any other town being killed.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 pm UTC

Snark I don't even know where to start on that move but I will have a go.

As far as I see it there are two scenarios

1) You are town. You have then given TMG and JSO a pile of extra materials as you believe they are trustworthy. How do you know!! I really don't follow your reasoning. Yes probably some of the people voting for you are scum but you don't know that all scum have voted for you. You could have just given scum the materials needed to create super weapons, especially as they could also trade them between each other between now and the deadline. Even if they are both trustworthy, you have now painted an enormous target on their heads as scum know they have more materials than everyone else. So as far as I can see you have just massively helped scum win (as they probably now have at least 1 extra kill n2 if not n1). Your reasons for doing this basically look to me like your doing it to spite all the people voting for you/the people whose style you don't like. So basically if your town WTF!!

2) you are scum,
a) you have given your stuff to 1 or 2 of your scum buddies (on a side note can TMG and JSO say whether they recieved half each?), this means when you turn up scum we will immediatly suspect these two and start lynching.
b) you have given your stuff two 2 townies in the hope that we believe option a, and then lynch two townies. So basically if your scum your just spreading wine!

Im not sure how to unravle the wine in option 2. The only possibility I can see is for TMG and JSO to give snark his stuff back and let it be randomly distributed. The issue with this is working out whether they gave everything back. Althought Snark did helpfully provide a list of his inventory.

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:54 pm UTC

Snark. You're being stupid. Don't give me your stuff.

Mod, are we allowed to give items we have to the lottery? Mainly, I just want any items Snark might give me to go straight to the lottery. Can I set up some sort of item-forwarding message? Like, I want any items sent to me to be sent directly into the lottery?
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:39 pm UTC

wam wrote:Also No town should try to be a vig!!

I have to say this is a terrible idea. Assuming scum are busy crafting weapons and the majority of us are making armor, then I wouldn't be surprised if scum are unprotected. A town vigilante role would therefore not kill armored town (unless they targetted the same person as scum, which would be unlucky) and would outright kill scum (if they do 3hp dmg). Come end game, a town vigilante could make all the difference.

FoS: Wam for suggesting this.

Anyone online not traded and need a battery? Would like to make a trade before the day ends.

wam

Postby wam » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:57 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:
wam wrote:Also No town should try to be a vig!!

I have to say this is a terrible idea. Assuming scum are busy crafting weapons and the majority of us are making armor, then I wouldn't be surprised if scum are unprotected. A town vigilante role would therefore not kill armored town (unless they targetted the same person as scum, which would be unlucky) and would outright kill scum (if they do 3hp dmg). Come end game, a town vigilante could make all the difference.

FoS: Wam for suggesting this.

Anyone online not traded and need a battery? Would like to make a trade before the day ends.

Sorry This is why I should be more specific, I meant to specify, that I was only suggesting this for N1.

But still even if they don't target the same person as scum, they will remove a lot of health from people and therefore make scums life easier.

I fully agree that near the end a town vig could be very useful.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:02 pm UTC

wam wrote:1) You are town. You have then given TMG and JSO a pile of extra materials as you believe they are trustworthy. How do you know!! I really don't follow your reasoning. Yes probably some of the people voting for you are scum but you don't know that all scum have voted for you. You could have just given scum the materials needed to create super weapons, especially as they could also trade them between each other between now and the deadline. Even if they are both trustworthy, you have now painted an enormous target on their heads as scum know they have more materials than everyone else. So as far as I can see you have just massively helped scum win (as they probably now have at least 1 extra kill n2 if not n1). Your reasons for doing this basically look to me like your doing it to spite all the people voting for you/the people whose style you don't like. So basically if your town WTF!!

I believe that JSO and TMG are less likely to be scum that other people, especially you. If they're scum, oh well. If they're town, then they'll be able to craft most of their stuff into 4+ items and scum will get little from NKing them. Yes I am doing this to spite the people voting for me, as I believe the people voting for me are scum. :)

If you're town, wtc? Why'd you put down a vote for me? See I can do it too.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:33 pm UTC

JesseScottOwen wrote:Mod, are we allowed to give items we have to the lottery? Mainly, I just want any items Snark might give me to go straight to the lottery. Can I set up some sort of item-forwarding message? Like, I want any items sent to me to be sent directly into the lottery?
No, any items given to you are yours unless you give them away. You could send me a PM saying, "Any items given to me by snark give to X", but X must be a player, not the lottery directly.

Snark gives JesseScottOwen 5 items.
Snark gives TheMaskedGecko 4 items.

I will likely not be on again until deadline. I will accept condition crafting instructions for example, "I craft a knife if I receive a scrap".

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:10 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:Anyone online not traded and need a battery? Would like to make a trade before the day ends.
How about a battery for one scrap and one gunpowder?

JesseScottOwen

Postby JesseScottOwen » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:51 pm UTC

WELL. This is tough. Snark gave me his random crap. I don't want the Mafia to get the items, because, although they're pretty much useless to me, they might be able to use them. I don't want to give away the items, necessarily, because I don't know who is town and who is scum. But I don't want to be NK'ed for the items I have either.

So here goes. I have the following items:

3xScrap
5xLeather
0xBatterys
1xChemicals
0xFusion Cell
2xFuel
5xGunpowder

You guys can start bidding on them. You can offer me deals for items (You'll probably want to tell me why I want your items. I doubt I'll figure it out by myself.) You can offer strategies as to how they can best be used for a town win. If I get no feedback before deadline, I may have to pull a Snark and start giving crap away to avoid getting NK'ed.

By the way, I need everybody talking. If scum dominates the conversation, they have an advantage. Also, if everyone is talking, we have more dialogue to analyze for scum hunting.

So, talk to me!
"And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."

I'm giving up smiling for Lent. Not really.

Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 pm UTC

@JSO - concerning that you havent been paying enough attention to the thread to know that what you just did is, at the moment, the biggest problem we have with Snark's play (although, admittedly, it's more because he himself took so much issue with people playing like that)
Either way, I suggest making some armour, then treating the rest of the stuff as yours. If we tell you exactly what to trade/make, scum will know what they're dealing with.
FoS: JSO, because, well, that's some suspicious behavior there.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 pm UTC

I'd suggest armor. Metal, in your case. And give enough to people you believe are townie to make yourself less of a target. Same suggestion goes to TMG.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:01 am UTC

trineroks wrote:
ForAllOfThis wrote:Anyone online not traded and need a battery? Would like to make a trade before the day ends.
How about a battery for one scrap and one gunpowder?

Done. I'll send it to you now.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:25 am UTC

FAOT gives an item to Trineroks

Deadline in 1.5 hours

Vtotals:
Snark - 4 - (t1mm01994, CaptianFinGlass, Chickenfish, wam)
trineroks - 1 - (Snark)

Not voting: ForAllOfThis, An Enraged Platypus, trineroks, TheMaskedGecko, JesseScottOwen

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:33 am UTC

Thanks. I gave you 1x scrap + 1x gunpowder.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 am UTC

Trineroks gives two items to FAOT

Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 am UTC

@An Enraged Platypus - it seems BoomFrog's been online but our trade didn't happen. Mine's currently set to give you a scrap once I get leather from you - if yours is set up the same I don't think the trade will happen. Could you confirm if it's a BF error or we've set up a trade stalemate?

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:07 am UTC

That's deadline, Snark has been lynched. Flavor in an hour or so, but you can send in night actions now.

BoomFrog

Re: [S] Fallout Mafia - N1 - Long live the Director!

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:09 am UTC

We need to elect a new Director.
But the Director will be killed by the securitrons!
Then let's elect someone we don't like. I vote for Snark.
Yeah me too, look at his beady eyes, I bet he's a communist. I vote Snark too!

And so Snark was elected Director and promptly shot in the head by a Securitron Laser Cannon.

Day 1 end Vtotals:
Snark - 4 - (t1mm01994, CaptianFinGlass, Chickenfish, wam)
trineroks - 1 - (Snark)

Snark is lynched.

It is now night, you may use one of each drug, and one "Action Item". Send me a PM with your actions, if you have no action then please send me a PM saying, "I'm ready for Day 2 to start." If I receive a PM from everyone then Day 2 can start early. Otherwise D2 will start in 48 hours.

BoomFrog

Re: [S] Fallout Mafia - D2 - Attack with democracy!

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:55 am UTC

You glance wearily at the clock. 11:56. Four minutes until the securitrons maintenance window. You know something is going to happen. You hide your valuables in your room then go out to find someplace safe, or perhaps to find someone.
11:57 Your heart begins to race.
11:58 Your almost there.
11:59 Running footsteps pass by the hallway behind, friend or foe, they are about some other business then you.
Midnight the lights go out. You hear a scream.

12:03 The securitrons are back online, it's safe to gather together again.
12:04 You find JesseScottOwen lying face down, shot in the back repeatedly by the Laser Cannon of a Hunter Killer Drone. The commies have hacked one of the securitrons to kill for them at night, you have to stop them before it's too late.

"Good morning Citizens. Due to the unfortunate death of the Director yesterday today we are having an election. Yeay Democracy!"

Snark was town.
JesseScottOwen was killed by the HKD (Mafia NightKill) he was town.

It is now D2. Deadline is in about 6 days.
8 alive, 5 to lynch.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:18 am UTC

Snark be town? What is this blasphemy?!

And of course maf would kill JSO since he got the most items from Snark. Let's just hope he crafted enough >4 :[.

Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 am UTC

trineroks wrote:Snark be town? What is this blasphemy?!

And of course maf would kill JSO since he got the most items from Snark. Let's just hope he crafted enough >4 :[.
Seconded and seconded. Not really sure why you'd post this though. Why post at all if that's all you can provide?

Thought I'd go back for a JSO reread in case scum were using the 'obvious' kill as a cover, but it looks like he had absolutely no arguments whatsoever.

Snark's opinions on people (that I found from a skimread... feel free to add):
Snark wrote:Tim's plan is horrible. If two scum trade with each other, they can trade back and forth 2-4 times before looking suspicious with the excuse that they keep on offering stuff that the other doesn't need.

Snark wrote:@Chickenfish
Both you and Tim are voting me, and then advocating the exact same thing that I'm doing/advocating.

Tim votes me for advocating FAOT's plan, and then says he agrees with it himself.
Chickenfish votes me for giving away information, and then suggests that all trades be completely public.

This is nonsense.

Snark wrote:I think FAOT and trineroks are scummy. I think you (CF) and possible Tim are town. I currently have no other reads.

Snark wrote:Dear fellow townies, if I get lynched today, please lynch trineroks tomorrow. He's either scum or townie with literally the worst logic in the world. He has LITERALLY no content in his posts besides baseless accusations. Go back and read his posts if you think I'm exaggerating.
Vote: trineroks

Snark wrote:Greetings all! Looks like I'm going to be lynched. So as town, I suspect the people voting for me are scum. So I'm not going to allow my items to go to them in the lottery.

I don't like FAOT or trineroks playing style in this game so that leaves An Enraged Platypus, TheMaskedGecko, and JesseScottOwen .

Rereading I agree that trineroks hasn't posted much at all, which is only continued by his post today, but he's not the only one guilty of this. TMG, Fin, t1mm, and Platypus are all guilty of the same crime. Unfortunately there's not much to go on in terms of Snark leads. As such, I'm going to

Vote: t1mm

Yesterday he was vocal during the organising of a trading scheme, backed off when it turned more to scumhunting, then popped up to get gunpowder. I'm not sure how townie gunpowder can be, and JSO had 5x gunpowder.

I'm aware of how weak this is, but it's all I can see so far.

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:37 pm UTC

Seeing as Snark was JSO were both town and the other half of Snark's inventory ended up in TMG possession, I am, for now, inclined to believe TMG is in fact town. I was suspicious of him being scum, but that was based on my thoughts that Snark was scum and gave him his inventory.

@ChickenFish - It seems odd to me that you would vote immedietly after a lynch based on what the dead town thought and the fact T1mm didn't post as much during scum hunting. Some FoS for this, but it could just be the fact I'm generally inclined to play a bit more catiously that's making this suspicious to me.
Allons-y!

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 pm UTC

@captainfinglass: Your logic doesn't work. All that that means is that snark tought I was town. If he'd flipped scum then I'd have looked suspicious but, as it is, the giveaway is basically meaningless.
I'm going to do a proper read through and scum hunt soon.
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:55 pm UTC

@TMG - I didn't have a reading on you beforehand, andi have trouble believing a town would give his inventory to someone he believes to be scum. It makes fine logic to me to see as you somewhat more townie for that.
Allons-y!

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 pm UTC

Ah, fair enough. I misread your post.
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

An Enraged Platypus

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:25 pm UTC

RE: Not posting this game day - I've been out since I last checked this morning to see if we had a new phase.

Chickenfish, I'm sending you the leather now. My trade attempt failed and got this message just before last deadline:

Do you send him a leather first or do you wait for him to send a scrap then send him a leather?

There is no simultaneous trading, someone has to give an item first, and your post did not make it clear that your willing to give the item first.

I have one more leather I wish to trade.

- Phineas & Ferb

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:49 pm UTC

How much scum do you think we got? 3 or 2?

I'm a little bothered by captainfinglass's clearing of TMG. Snark gave items to players he thought looked town, and both TMG and JSO were lurking. There were literally no reads on both those people on D1. Who knows? Snark's read (if there even was a read) on TMG could've been misled and might have accidentally given the other half of his items to scum.

Not accusing TMG. I'm just pointing out that captain is acting a little strange by immediately clearing TMG.

Return to “Mafia”