[S] Fallout Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Which elements should I include in the game? (Read my post before voting please)

Poll ended at Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:25 am UTC

1) Include skills
20%
1) Don't include skills
4%
1) Either way is fine
9%
2) Use Hit Points
26%
2) Use % based weapons
2%
2) Either way is fine
6%
3) Include crazy items
22%
3) Don't include crazy items
6%
3) Either way is fine
6%

Total votes: 54

CaptainFinglass

Re: [S] Fallout Mafia - D2 - Attack with democracy!

Postby CaptainFinglass » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

Inclined to believe something for a time does not equate to clearing entirely. All I'm saying is, because I didn't have a real read on TMG but apperently Snark did, I am willing to tentively classify him as town until I have evidence otherwise. I wasn't trying to clear him, but consider this: Snark (town) gave his inventory to JSO (town) and TMG (unknown as of yet). Because two of those three are town, it is, IMO, a reasonable step to think that because there is no evidence to the contrary, the third one can be classified as slightly more townie than I would have previously thought. You're right, he could easily be scum, but for now, I see him as a town incline nuetral.

As to the number of scum, I don't really know how many scum there usually are in any game, but it seems to an average of three in games of ten people or more, based on read throughs I've done of old games.
Allons-y!

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 am UTC

An Enraged Platypus gives an item to ChickenFish
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:49 am UTC

So I was reading back on Boomfrog's posts and I found this; must've escaped my attention

There are seven town, three mafia.

So there's three scum.

Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:50 am UTC

Platypus - my conditional trade was cancelled overNight, so I've just sent you the scrap.
Actual post later

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:49 am UTC

ChickenFish gives an item to An Enraged Platypus
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

wam

Postby wam » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:59 am UTC

Right so my read on this is that Scum haven't got enough weaponary yet to add an additional NK which is good for us. With health not being posted in the thread though, we can't really work out how much damage they managed.

As no town (with the possible exception of tmg) has gained any materials. It makes it much more likely that scum now have significantly more weaponary than town have armour/defences. So any town who are thinking of copying snarks move please don't. Ps Snark even though you turned out town I'm still annoyed about the stupid stunt you pulled.

As for TMG, either he will turn up NK tomorrow and town, or will not be Nk in which case we should seriously consider a lynch.

I have 1 fuel and 1 chemicals avialble to trade. An engraged platypus would you like to trade the fuel for 1 leather and something else or for the chemicals?
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:19 am UTC

So I won't be able to post for about 72 hours.

A few quick things:
CapFin has been dodgy as all get out today. First with the 'clearing TMG' (although I suppose this also requires TMG to be scum, and I have no strong reason to assume this), and then the followup saying "yeah I don't know how many scum there are" when it's in the original post. I don't think asking the question is necessarily dodgy, but answering it without looking for an answer just doesn't sit right to me.
wam's most recent post - I don't like the immediately implicating TMG. Why not instead ask TMG to do some slightly-less-than-favourable trades so that we can spread the wealth a bit? Or have him craft an item, then pass that item amongst us in an ordered list so we know it's what he crafted, then back to him (for being lucky enough to be JSO's chosen). The only possible link that could disrupt it is if TMG is scum and scum is either side of him... so I think wam's most recent post eliminates them as a likely scum pair so we put wam one side of TMG, and CapFin's post would make their pairing believable so we don't put CapFin next to him. We also wouldn't put me next to him for suggesting the idea, in case it's my super secret ploy!

Ok, so gone for 72 hours (may have brief posts in between but highly unlikely). Gonna
Unvote
Vote: CaptainFinglass

because if somehow you guys get to a lynch before I return, I'm happier with CapFin than t1mm (who my vote was on previously)

An Enraged Platypus

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 am UTC

wam wrote:
I have 1 fuel and 1 chemicals avialble to trade. An engraged platypus would you like to trade the fuel for 1 leather and something else or for the chemicals?

No, thank you, I have no need for fuel or chemicals at this time.

Back to commentary: thinking about it, I am severely annoyed with Snark's actions. We have to take seriously the possibility that TMG is now a very well armed mafiosi, and if he is not, the likeliehood is that he can get night killed and give Mafia the components they need to make powerful weapons. We know that the Mafia are now likely to be the best equipped players in any case, in light of their NK of a player with an inventory stuffed to the gills. Of course, since the Mafia knows that, we're in the territory of double-bluffs. I say we lynch TMG on the basis that either they are a well equipped mafia, a smokescreen we could really do without, or a Mafia goldmine for next NK. I am prepared to rescind this judgment if they start handing out protective items to multiple players.

I consider trineroks FoS for this post:

Snark be town? What is this blasphemy?!

And of course maf would kill JSO since he got the most items from Snark. Let's just hope he crafted enough >4 :[.

It adds nothing to the discussion, and as such it's a needless protestation of pro-town sentiment. I see no reason why you'd make an empty pro-town gesture unless you weren't town at all.

VOTE : TMG

I'd also like to advertise 1x chemicals for sale.
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:52 pm UTC

So, 3 games which require me to be quite active probably wasn't the best plan. Had some pressure on me @ Werewolves, had a huge wall of text with a short deadline in 2of4, but it's night in Werewolves and soon to be night in 2of4, which means I'll be active in here!
Short explanation for my inactivity after the start D1: I had a 3-day weekend with my study society (believe I posted this in both werewolves and the discussion thread, unspoilered, but not sure), followed by a 3-day illness that kept my focus completely away. In between, I had half a day of consciousness, in which I saw some gunpowder, and took it up for grabs. Speaking of which: I'd be a flying genius if I was scum and traded away scrap. I mean, who'd ever want to reload a gun?

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 pm UTC

So I seem to be under suspicion.
There was captainfinglass, who decided I was town. I can't really see this being buddying, as I'm neither the towniest or most active player in the world. I'm reading it as a misstatement of "I thought he was scum last night, but now that snark's been cleared that suspicion is back to base level"
Then there was trine, questioning the captain's read. A valid enough point but also the kind of thing I'd point out if I was scum spreading a little suspicion.
After came wam, who considers me a dead lizard walking. Please, I'm not stupid enough to go unprotected into the night with an inventory full of materials. I will not allow scum to use me as a supply dump.
This was shortly followed by an enraged platypus (a name I enjoy typing so much that I will never abbreviate it) who offered some poor reasons to lynch me. If we kill people because they have materials then we won't stand a chance of getting the best equipment, which is of paramount importance if we are to win. Also I don't understand why he called me an unnecessary smokescreen, but I feel mildly insulted. FOS.

Now that political parties mafia has been won, I promise to be more active here.
Anyone want some scrap?
Also I will be away tomorrow but if anyone would like to suggest any tests of my townieness a la chickenfish in the meantime, I'm all ears.
ConMan wrote:the neighbourhood’s favourite lizard

Yeah, I don't care if it's out of context, it massages my ego and so it stays.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:00 pm UTC

I'm sort of here. Been busy over the last few days with having a driving test, then ages crying at insurance quotes and work on top. I'm a little shocked that Snark was town, but it's hard to judge someones playstyle without much meta knowledge, he cleary edges on the side of scummy when playing as town.

I've seen something that pinged me a hell of a lot from platypus on my read-through.

An Enraged Platypus wrote:I say we lynch TMG on the basis that either they are a well equipped mafia, a smokescreen we could really do without, or a Mafia goldmine for next NK.

Given that we are at 5/3 we simply can't make the mistake of mislynching today, so if we lynch TMG and he's a 'town goldmine' then we lose tomorrow because it'll be 3/3. Therefore your reasoning for voting TMG is terrible.

Vote: An Enraged Platypus

I've got 1 battery for sale.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:20 pm UTC

An Enraged Platypus, that is a horrible reason to vote for TMG. You're lynching him on the basis that he is either loaded mafia or a walking goldmine. Why? Because he received inheritance from Snark. But how would that automatically make him scum?

There are two scenarios:

TMG is scum
He is a heavily armed mafioso who could potentially bring about a second NK along with the HK kill. This is a real threat for town. However, I have almost no read on TMG as of now.

TMG is town
He currently holds the other half of Snark's inventory, along with his own, which would POTENTIALLY make him a walking goldmine. However, I doubt TMG would be dumb enough to leave all his items out for scum to steal. Therefore, he is NOT a walking goldmine.

FOS An Enraged Platypus
IGMEOY captainfinglass

If TMG still has Snark's inventory, I think he should distribute an item to each player. This would make him look more pro-town IMO.

Can anyone post a list of the transactions that occurred D1 so we can better monitor which items went to which players?

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 pm UTC

Edit:

TMG is town
He currently holds the other half of Snark's inventory, along with his own, which would POTENTIALLY make him a walking goldmine. However, I doubt TMG would be dumb enough to leave all his items out for scum, which makes me believe he crafted >4 items before deadline D1 to prevent his items from being stolen. Therefore, he is NOT a walking goldmine.

An Enraged Platypus

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:I'm sort of here. Been busy over the last few days with having a driving test, then ages crying at insurance quotes and work on top. I'm a little shocked that Snark was town, but it's hard to judge someones playstyle without much meta knowledge, he cleary edges on the side of scummy when playing as town.

I've seen something that pinged me a hell of a lot from platypus on my read-through.

An Enraged Platypus wrote:I say we lynch TMG on the basis that either they are a well equipped mafia, a smokescreen we could really do without, or a Mafia goldmine for next NK.

Given that we are at 5/3 we simply can't make the mistake of mislynching today, so if we lynch TMG and he's a 'town goldmine' then we lose tomorrow because it'll be 3/3. Therefore your reasoning for voting TMG is terrible.

I've got 1 battery for sale.

We don't know that TMG is definitely scum. It's just that if he is, we lose two during the night plus whoever we lynched (if not mafia). If we lose two town at night and one by mislynching, the mafia are at voting parity. This is damage control, but frankly I think Snark's actions have handed the mafia a win on a plate.
We consider every day a plus/To spend it with a platypus/We're always so ecstatic/'Cause he's semi-aquatic!

- Phineas & Ferb

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:46 pm UTC

@ChickenFish - You fully admit that half of your reason for voting for me is based on something that you don't see as being necessarily true (TMG being scum). As for the how many scum there are, I freely admit I missed it in the opening post. You can lynch me for not reading something correctly, but I don't see how doing that would help you.

@FOAT - I'll trade you 1 chemicals for your battery.
Allons-y!

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:58 am UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:@FOAT - I'll trade you 1 chemicals for your battery.

Do you have another 1 value item to offer to make it up to 2 value?

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:43 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:

1 Chemicals and 1 Scrap?
Allons-y!

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:50 am UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:
ForAllOfThis wrote:

1 Chemicals and 1 Scrap?

That sounds more than acceptable. I'll send you the battery now.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:43 pm UTC

FAOT gives an item to CaptainFinglass

Vtotals:
An Enraged Platypus - 1 - (FAOT)
TheMaskedGecko - 1 - (An Enraged Platypus)
CaptainFinglass - 1 - (ChickenFish)

Deadline in 3 days and 15 hours.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:39 am UTC

CaptainFinglass gives two items to FAOT

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:29 am UTC

Deadline in 2 days.

Weekend is over, time to start posting again.

Chickenfish

Postby Chickenfish » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 am UTC

CaptainFinglass wrote:@ChickenFish - You fully admit that half of your reason for voting for me is based on something that you don't see as being necessarily true (TMG being scum). As for the how many scum there are, I freely admit I missed it in the opening post. You can lynch me for not reading something correctly, but I don't see how doing that would help you.
Me not necessarily thinking TMG is scum is very different to me thinking he's town. I'm open to the possibility, and I thought you were a bit dodgy. Fortunately we've got a much better candidate in Platypus. As FAOT has pointed out, he's been very blasé about the fact that we're now in mylo. Even when told this, his response was just:
An Enraged Platypus wrote:We don't know that TMG is definitely scum. It's just that if he is, we lose two during the night plus whoever we lynched (if not mafia). If we lose two town at night and one by mislynching, the mafia are at voting parity. This is damage control, but frankly I think Snark's actions have handed the mafia a win on a plate.

I don't really buy the "oh well Snark ruined it all so I'm resigned to losing".
Unvote

Kinda wish I didn't make that trade now...

wam

Postby wam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 am UTC

As someone requested earlier a list of trades so far.

Snark gave 1 gunpowder to tim
tim gave 1 scrap to snark

wam gave 1 scrap to an enraged platypus
an enraged platypus gave 1 leather to wam

Snarks gifts to JSO and TMG

FAOT gave a battery to trinerokes
trinerokes gave 1 scrap and 1 gunpowder to FAOT

An enraged platypus gave 1 leather to chickenfish
Chickenfish gave 1 scrap to an enraged platypus

These are all based on people having been honest in the thread.

The thing that stands out from all of this is an enraged platypus. 1 he listed 3 items when we had agreed two. 2 he was getting rid of three leather!, personally I would think that leather would be one of the key things that town would want to keep hold of as armour is the most useful to town.

So assuming that he has used at least 3 leather for armour and is trading three leather, that makes 6 value. Personally if I was town I would want to keep some of my leather for repairs and possible upgrades, I also find it unlikely that he had more that 6 leather (assuming he didn't have barter). Therefore his trading pattern suggest to me that he is not worried about be attacked at night.

therefore

vote: an enraged platypus

Also ninjad again by chickenfish! I agree with your logic and FAOT logic on top of mine above.

An Enraged Platypus

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 am UTC

wam wrote:
The thing that stands out from all of this is an enraged platypus. 1 he listed 3 items when we had agreed two. 2 he was getting rid of three leather!, personally I would think that leather would be one of the key things that town would want to keep hold of as armour is the most useful to town.

So assuming that he has used at least 3 leather for armour and is trading three leather, that makes 6 value. Personally if I was town I would want to keep some of my leather for repairs and possible upgrades, I also find it unlikely that he had more that 6 leather (assuming he didn't have barter). Therefore his trading pattern suggest to me that he is not worried about be attacked at night.

therefore

vote: an enraged platypus

Also ninjad again by chickenfish! I agree with your logic and FAOT logic on top of mine above.

I would like to point out the recipe for Metal Armour:

• (6) Metal Armor – Leather Armor, 3xScrap

In order to make good armour that cannot be looted, if I do not have scrap I need to buy it in. There is no other way to do that, and I can only trade the items I have. You're forcing me to claim a starting inventory, so here it is: 8 leather, 1 scrap, 1 chemicals. First day, I constructed leather armour. Following on from those trades I upgraded to metal. My trading pattern reflects the fact I have a huge quantity of material for armour construction and need not worry about running out in the short term.

About my attitude to Snark's move, sure, it might be fatalistic, but I fail to see how it doesn't reflect reality.

- Phineas & Ferb

wam

Postby wam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 pm UTC

An enraged platypus

I never thought that you would get that much leather in one go, especially without having barter.

As to your fatalistic attitude, I was as annoyed as anyone about snarks move but A positive attitude would probably be more helpful!

But as you have explained your trading patterns

unvote

CaptainFinglass

Postby CaptainFinglass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:17 pm UTC

@wam - Just pointing out, for your list, I also traded with FOAT - 1 Battery (from him) for 1 Scrap and 1 Chemicals (from me).
Allons-y!

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:57 am UTC

Vtotals:
An Enraged Platypus - 2 - (FAOT, ChickenFish)

Deadline in 18 hours

TheMaskedGecko and t1mm01994 have been prodded.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:15 pm UTC

So uhm, once again we have an attack on someone, and someone doing crazy shit as a result of it. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice, so I'm going after one of the attackers this time.
Vote: CF

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:26 pm UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:So uhm, once again we have an attack on someone, and someone doing crazy shit as a result of it. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice, so I'm going after one of the attackers this time.
Vote: CF

So your voting for chickenfish because other players are being inactive? :?

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm UTC

Nope, because again we're attacking someone for reasons not too strong. Snark was basically doing a load of random stuff, and kept on doing that. People pushed, he got lynched. ChickenFish was on there day one, and he's on there again. I'd say scum wouldn't have to change their strategy once it has proven to work. The attacker is more likely to be scum taking advantage then town trying to hunt scum..
Unvote
Vote: Chickenfish

for clarity.

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 pm UTC

Ok, so as a precaution against dying, I'm going to generate a random number and send one item to each player in the sign up list, with the understanding that they will be sent back tomorrow if I survive.
I still don't have a good read on people in this game. My vote would go on an enraged platypus but his claim of building an armour set seems antiscum and easily countered if it was a lie.

Again, sorry for inactivity. I have no excuses except for being busy and tired.

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm UTC

EBWOP, just noticed an enraged platypus has upheld his vote. This makes life significantly easier.

Vote: an enraged platypus

That's partly self defence, partly gut feeling.

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm UTC

Aand there's another bandwagon vote!

TheMaskedGecko

Postby TheMaskedGecko » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm UTC

Options this close to deadline: 1) bandwagon, 2) winey pointless vote. Maybe if I have time I'll do a full analysis and possibly reconsider.

ForAllOfThis

Postby ForAllOfThis » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 pm UTC

I'm not sure I totally follow your logic T1mm.

t1mm01994 wrote:The attacker is more likely to be scum taking advantage then town trying to hunt scum..

How do you differentiate between the two? How do you know that CF isn't town trying to hunt scum? Gut feeling? Some hard evidence? Reasons would be nice, than just suggesting it as a possibility.

I found wam's 'oh okay you told me what items you have you must be town' attitude to be a little weird as well. Especially when an 8 leather claim to me, suggests that Platyplus probably inherited some from JSO last night (who had 5 yesterday). It makes me wonder if wam backed off in order to look more townie and not draw attention to themselves. Although we could easily check platypus' leather armor claim by having it traded amongst us (possibly a little late now). At least if platypus is scum it would have forced him to use up the leather for something thats not going to aid in killing us.

After a little further analysis, I'd consider lynching Wam as well right now, but I've seen no defense from platypus about my original point. He just reasserted that his vote on TMG was 'damage control', which I already pointed out is a bad move for us because TMG recieving items has literally nothing to do with him being scum and if we lynch the wrong person today we've lost anyway, so damage control is absolutely useless (as it won't matter if scum have more than 1 NK tonight in the event of a mislynch, which I believe TMG would be as I've seen nothing to indicate he's scum).

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:43 am UTC

TheMaskedGecko gives one item each to t1mm, wam, ChickenFish, CaptainFinglass, and trineroks.

Deadline in 3 hours 15 minutes.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:51 am UTC

Vtotals:
An Enraged Platypus - 3 - (FAOT, ChickenFish, TheMaskedGecko)
ChickenFish - 1 - (T1mm)

BoomFrog

Re: [S] Fallout Mafia - N2 - Damage Control

Postby BoomFrog » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 am UTC

The Enraged Platypus stares around the group intently, "The Masked Gecko is a threat to our safety, we have to engaged in damage control. It's the only way to be safe."

"I will only feel safe when you are dead." Replies ForAllOfThis. "I vote for The Enraged Platapus for director."

"Aye, me too shouted the others."

The securitron moved forward, "Congratulations on your appointment Director." It reached out a metalic hand, which the Platypus took hesitantly. "Thank you?" Then the securitron blew his head off.

The Enraged Platypus has been lynched. It is now night, you have 48 hours to send in night actions.

BoomFrog

Re: [S] Fallout Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:43 am UTC

Wam eyed his sword. His mind heavy with the thought of snuffing out another human's life. It was too much, he couldn't bear to do it, he sheathed the blade. But someone else was not so reluctant to take a life. ChickenFish rounded a corner right in front of Wam. "Here's a knuckle sandwich! Special delivery!" The powerful blow nearly knocked Wam out, his head was ringing, but his instincts took over. Before he knew it ChickenFish was impaled and dying. "I'm sorry" whispered Wam.

"I'm not," whispered CaptainFinglass, as she slid the dagger into Wam's spine.

In the morning there were only four left. "I have a solution to all our problems," announced FAOT. "I volunteer to be the next Director, I can fix this." "Alright," agree the others eager to put an end to this nightmare. FAOT holds up a small device and flips a switch turning off it's light. The securitrons turn to FAOT. "Congratulations on your new appointment Director. Our Communism detectors indicate that there are no more communists within the facility. Anti-Communist Lock-down Protocol Alpha is terminated. "Excellent" grins FAOT.

TheMaskedGecko boils with rage and confusion. "You! You were the cause of all this. You built some fake communism pheromone emitter to trick the securitrons into killing everyone. Why? What was worth all this carnage?"

FAOT shook his head sadly, "It was the only way, the rest of you insisted we would never open the vault, but our population has been dwindling every generation. If we don't open the doors we were all going to die anyway."

"If we open the doors the radiation will kill us." Protested trineroks.

"Then stay here if you like, I and the Captain are leaving." FAOT turned to the securitrons. "Securitrons, open the vault door."

"Aye Director"

An Enraged Platypus was town.
Wam found dead. He was punched by a spiked Glove and stabbed by a knife. He was town.
ChickenFish is found dead. He was shot with a pistol and stabbed with a sword. He was mafia.
T1mm is found dead. He was blasted by the Hunter Killer Drone. He was town.

Mafia control 50% or more of the votes and win the game. Congratulations FAOT, ChickenFish, and CaptainFinglass.

wam

Re: [S] Fallout Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins

Postby wam » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:26 am UTC

Ah so by the looks of things, and by reading the spoilers towns only chance was for me to go on the rampage with my sword. However, as I would have picked wrong anyway it probablly didnt matter.

Return to “Mafia”