Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
fearless
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm UTC
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: Werewolf - Day 5: Despair

Postby fearless » Wed May 09, 2012 8:27 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:DBC couldn't alter the flavor that mentioned the vampire N2 and later. And if DBC's win condition is that all of his faction-mates are NKed, but the vampire is recruiting people then the two of them would have opposite goals. There's no way they are in the same faction.
If we only have 1 wolf and 1 mafia left then we should lynch 1 and matt can kill the remaining one.

Then we have 2 town, and 1 druid
Btw, your numbers only add up to 5 people, but there's currently 6 people. It seems like you're really not thinking this through logically and you're just following your emotions.

My assumption is that matt gets NKd, so that does add up to 6. Lynch 1, 2 NKs, 2 town and 1 druid left.

I don't think the vampire is recruiting people... but it really doesn't matter because it's important to get the 2 killing factions out of the way.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Werewolf - Day 5: Despair

Postby BoomFrog » Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 am UTC

Your going to be left with 1 town, one druid, and one vampire. No make that two vampires and one druid/townie. Vampire wins immediatly.

If your goal is to get recruited by the vampire and thus win, that's against the rules. You have to play for your current win condition.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Werewolf - Day 5: Despair

Postby greenlover » Wed May 09, 2012 2:04 pm UTC

BF - We have no indication outside of the flavor that the vampire even exists. The opening post indicated that it's possible that players can be given the same roles - its perfectly possible that we have two dusk druids in this game, and they both can modify the flavor.

But, even assuming that the vampire does exist, they cannot possibly be anti-town. We already know they aren't a serial killer, due to there being only two nk's a night. We also know they cannot be a cult, per the rules: that also includes mentor roles, which are a form of limited cult.

At this point, I'm just growing more and more convinced that BF is a werewolf who's trying to get town to buy the vampire in order to avoid the lynch. I'd be happy with lynching him, on one condition:

Matt - Are you positive you really do have a nk? I ask because the only other role two have to active night actions was TLC, and one of his actions was secretly ineffective. If you've never used your nk before, its possible that your action, as well, is secretly ineffective. If you don't mind, would you mind reading over your role PM to clarify that there is no doubt about the fact you have a nk? If there is room for doubt, you might be handing the mafia a win on a silver platter.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Werewolf - Day 5: Despair

Postby ahammel » Wed May 09, 2012 4:15 pm UTC

greenlover wrote:Matt - Are you positive you really do have a nk? I ask because the only other role two have to active night actions was TLC, and one of his actions was secretly ineffective. If you've never used your nk before, its possible that your action, as well, is secretly ineffective. If you don't mind, would you mind reading over your role PM to clarify that there is no doubt about the fact you have a nk? If there is room for doubt, you might be handing the mafia a win on a silver platter.

If his role is secretly ineffective, it's presumably a secret. Meaning he won't be able to deduce that from his role PM.

The above-discuessed plan where we lynch the Druid/Vampire/whatever is still the best, we can just add the vig kill into the mix. If matt's kill is ineffective, we can still win. If it's effective and hits scum, we win more easily. If it's effective and hits town, that's probably game over. As I mentioned: be damn sure.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Werewolf - Night 5: Darkness Falls

Postby Misnomer » Wed May 09, 2012 4:26 pm UTC

*looks up from mountain of coursework*

Deadline!

Votals:
BoomFrog (1): Fearless,
CaptainFinglass (2): Ahammel, BoomFrog

Not Voting: CaptainFinglass, matt96, greenlover


Just how many threats was town facing? Who should they lynch, werewolf or druid, vampire or mafioso? Should they even lynch at all? They debated for what seemed like hours and hours... because it actually was hours and hours.

Suddenly, everybody noticed how dark it was. Night had fallen, and they were all still outside! It wasn't safe!

Acting quickly, Ahammel pushed CaptainFinglass down the old abandoned well shaft, her body making a sickening crunching sound as she hit the bottom. Not waiting to see what happened next, everyone ran back to the relative safety of their homes. If they had stayed, however, they would have seen the ghostly apparation that ran up to the well, cried out in anguish and then faded into the night...


CaptainFinglass is now dead. Her role will be revealed in the morning.

It is now Night 5. Please send in your night actions ASAP. The next day will begin as soon as possible.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Day 6: The Hooded Trio

Postby Misnomer » Fri May 11, 2012 12:01 am UTC

It was dawn, but from the darkness you wouldn't have guessed it. Menacing clouds covered the sky, and Xkcdia was lashed by the wind and the rain.

As the rain fell upon the town, the waters ran down the streets, running between the cracks and the stones. From the circle of sky above, the water dripped down into the old well shaft, but not on to CaptainFinglass. Her body had long since faded, leaving behind only her druidic talisman at the bottom of the well...


CaptainFinglass was the Dawn Druid, Third Party. She had the ability to influence mod-flavour.

The Third Party Druid Faction (win condition: faction members must either all die during day phases or all die during night phases) has been defeated.


If CaptainFinglass had left not body for the rains to fall on, the same could not be said of Fearless. Having suffered such a brutal fate, her almost unrecognisable corpse was identifiable only by her police uniform...


Fearless is now dead. She was the Police Constable, Town. She had the ability to detect criminal anti-town roles, and an arrest (jailkeeping) ability.

As the storm continued to batter the town, the wind howled through the trees of the forest, almost as if mocking the one who would be howling no more. For beneath the leaves, the transformed body of the once-mighty ahammel lay dead in the mud.

Ahammel is now dead. He was the Werewolf Seer, Anti-Town. He had a cryptic rolecop ability.


In the centre of the town, the hooded trio stood apart, facing each other. But unlike the apparations from before, there was no doubting the identities of this trio. BoomFrog, Greenlover and matt96... each had survived when all around them had fallen. But there could be no victory in survival.

The end was still to come.


It is Day 6. 3 players remaining, so 2 to lynch. Deadline set for 6pm BST Sunday 13th May, though somehow I doubt you'll need that long.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Werewolf - Day 6: The Hooded Trio

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 11, 2012 2:05 am UTC

She had the ability to influence mod-flavour.
Wow, I was so freaking wrong. I guess the vampire really is fake...?

Well, Matt I assume you killed Ahammel? It looks like fearless got doublekilled from the brutal description. Interesting that we didn't get hints of how the dead were killed this time.

Unless I hear a really convincing argument I'm about to vote Greenlover.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Werewolf - Day 6: The Hooded Trio

Postby matt96 » Fri May 11, 2012 2:19 am UTC

Yes, I did get ahammel, now I am just going to look back to figure out who I am going to vote for (leaning towards GL for now) vote them, they get lynched (assuming BF and GL vote each other) and if we don't win there, NK the other one (unless my NK was secretly one-shot)

Wow, a lot of things could go wrong with my plan, but everything seems to be good, I'll vote within the next 24 hours guaranteed.

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Werewolf - Day 6: The Hooded Trio

Postby greenlover » Fri May 11, 2012 4:56 am UTC

Hm. Interesting. We were told that we had defeated the druid faction, but we have not been told such for either the mafia or the werewolf faction. Therefore, logically, both factions must still be alive. I know that I'm town, which therefore also means that both BF and matt must be anti-town. This makes sense. BF is pretty clearly werewolf given yesterday's actions, while matt has done nothing at all to show that he is town - indeed, everything he has done only makes sense if he is mafia (possessing both a tracking power and a kill, there only being two kills last night despite his claim to have a kill a part from the normal kills, etc.).

Unless I misunderstood my role, a town win is impossible at this point. However, I'm not sure whom I should crown, either. So, until I figure that out, here's the deal: you vote for me, I vote for you, leading to the third guy winning.

I'll see if I can't make a more satisfactory choice in the morning.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Werewolf - Day 6: The Hooded Trio

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 11, 2012 6:19 am UTC

That would make the werewolf faction 5 people, and mean town started with 9 members. Nope, not buying it. Anyway if you're right then I've already lost. If you're both really scum then I'd rather Matt wins then you, he tried to help town more then you did.

Vote: Greenlover
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Werewolf - Day 6: The Hooded Trio

Postby matt96 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:21 am UTC

BoomFrog's logic makes sense, and I feel BoomFrog was trying to help town more than greenlover, so this is now the end of the game, the final post

Vote:greenlover

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Misnomer » Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 am UTC

Greenlover was afraid, terribly afraid. But he had a plan. If he could convince the werewolf that he was just a powerless townsperson, there might still be a way out for him.

Alas, it was not to be. Greenlover was grabbed by the other two, who put a noose around his neck and hanged him from a nearby tree. The life left him, and the family was no more.


Greenlover was the Mafia Don, Anti-Town. He had the ability to survive soft-lynches.
The Mafia, Anti-Town, has been eliminated without a win.



And so, the Mafia were no more. But it was not the end.




The next morning, Misnomer left the infirmary and slowly walked into the town square. Pausing in the middle, he looked about at the scene. There to his left was the body of Matt96. Still clutching his hunting rifle, he appeared to have died from his wounds. To his right lay the still-transformed corpse of BoomFrog, the gunshot wound in side clearly indicating his fate. The two had fought to the death.


Matt96 was the Hunter, Town. He had tracking and killing abilities.
BoomFrog was the Werewolf Alpha, Anti-Town. He had the ability to detect when he had been targeted.


Surrounded by so much death, Misnomer let out a low, wicked laugh. Speaking in a voice that was no longer his, he proclaimed "Now that only I live, I shall make the power of this death my own! I shall be reborn, and once again hold my own true form!"

And with a flash of energy, this discarded body of the long-dead journalist fell to the ground. Free at last, the Dark Lord Remonsim lived once again, ready to fill the land with wickedness and despair.


Misnomer wins as the Dark Lord Remonsim. Humanity Loses.



Except of course, that's not how the story would be told. For while Remonsim's return was true enough, it would be many years before his wrath was to reach civilisation. In the meantime, different stories of Xkcdia began to spread.

Among the humans, people began to hear of the brave hunter who had sacrificed everything in order to fight evil. Matt96 became a hero of popular legend, with every town nearby erecting statues and holding festivals in his honour.

Among the wolves, whispered voices spoke of the great and powerful BoomFrog, the pack leader who had exacted vengeance upon the humans for their expansionist crimes. Cloaked in the image of a martyr, he too was to become a hero of legend.

Neither side could truly celebrate the battle fo Xkcdia of course. Little had been gained, and so much had been lost. Yet life rarely provides clear-cut wins and losses. You have to take what small victories you can, and in this spirit both the humans and the werewolves could know one thing for certain: they had fought well.


GAME OVER: TOWN-WEREWOLF DRAW.
Both factions recieve a half-win.



I'll post full role/game details later. Thanks for playing everyone, I hope you enjoyed it! :D
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5926
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Angua » Fri May 11, 2012 10:29 am UTC

Woooooo!!!!! Win!!!!

Also, I had Adam pegged as evil from day one. And, Lataro, I told you that being able to find out someone is a miller isn't a town role.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:34 am UTC

So sad how town played a perfect game except D1, and still only get a half-win.. :(
But yeah, GG.. Love you Adam <3

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby wam » Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 am UTC

Yeah I thought we were doing well but a half win will do.

I saw someone (misnomer I think) asking in a spoiler why the town power roles claimed , That was my fault for no reading my Role PM throughly enough. Thereby thinking fearless was leading a lynch on the wrong person.

Thanks for the game.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Misnomer » Fri May 11, 2012 10:45 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:So sad how town played a perfect game except D1, and still only get a half-win.. :(


There's a difference between perfect lynching and a perfect game. :wink:

But yeah, re: town's chances, I designed the game in mind so that each of the three main factions had a roughly equal chance of winning, meaning that the odds were always against a town victory. That said, you were quite unlucky with how the kills fell.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:49 am UTC

well urm, alright, I have no clue where the powers fell... But still >:( for rolling down 3/4 mafioso and a werewolf and getting a halfwin :(

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby mpolo » Fri May 11, 2012 11:06 am UTC

Yay Werewolves! (Despite having to drop out, I consider myself one of you… Even if BoomFrog probably played it far better than I ever would have!)
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 11, 2012 11:08 am UTC

ArooOo!?

Damn, I was hoping Matt's kill was one-shot or he was a druid trying to get killed. He really was the most powerful townie, so it was pretty good play and or lucky that he survived until the end. Well done in general to Matt and Fearless, you both played the endgame quite well. The stuff I said about fearless not being logical was just me desperately trying to get her to reconsider wanting to kill me.

@t1mm, how about no werewolves were ever lynched and we only got a half-win? 2 werewolves killed by mafia, 1 mod-kill and one broken-heart. The thing I don't like about multi-faction games, and therefore larges in general is that the ideal strategy shifts to "keep your head down" more then, "lead town to victory." I'm satisfied with the half-win.

What was up with the vampire? It was all Finglass trying to get NKed? How was that supposed to work? She should have just claimed an investigation result on someone she thought was actually scum. That's why I thought FAOT was either a Druid or a PGO vampire. He really didn't need to claim when he did, Adam was going down anyway I think.

Time to read spoilers.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby ForAllOfThis » Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am UTC

I was safe claiming, I'd copped webby N1 so knew he could protect me, and that claim would be enough wine to really mess with scum.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:36 am UTC

Well erm, town can't lynch both mafia and werewolves.. And I had 3 mafia down, which made for the lynches on D2, D3 and D4, and after that end-game was already happening.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby BoomFrog » Fri May 11, 2012 11:43 am UTC

Yes, but you can't really say we deserved to lose either. And with majority scum in the game an almost perfect lynch record is not that impressive.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:49 am UTC

Very true that.. Very true.

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri May 11, 2012 12:59 pm UTC

The vampire had nothing to do with trying to get NK'd. That was just me screwing with everyone :D I didn't want to false claim in case someone somehow could disprove it and thus think I was scum and lynch me. Course, that's what happened anyways. But it was still fun! Cheers to Misnomer for this one.
Allons-y!

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Day 1: The Hunt Begins

Postby Snark » Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm UTC

Snark wrote:In other news, I'd like to see Lataro post. The suspense is killing me. Bet you a dollar he claims miller since no one else has yet.


Everyone owes me a dollar. Although technically he didn't claim for himself.

Good game, everyone. greenlover, you did us proud there at the end. t1mm01994, don't let your ridiculously good scumdar go to your head.

Thanks for the great game, Misnomer. So much fun to play and watch afterwards.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:07 pm UTC

I'm quite horribly on everyone but Adam, to be honest n.n

User avatar
fearless
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm UTC
Location: Cape Town
Contact:

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby fearless » Fri May 11, 2012 1:22 pm UTC

I had a jailkeeping ability???? I forgot :-/ gg everyone :)

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby DaBigCheez » Fri May 11, 2012 2:52 pm UTC

Yeah, I was cracking up at how long it took people to realize that, well, the vamp was a total lie - the "vampire" was something I suggested to CaptainFinglass N1 before I died, and the "trio of cloaked figures" bit was from me (I could affect day-end flavor, she could affect day-start flavor) with the intent of misleading people about our numbers - it looks like Misnomer decided to run with it though :)

I died before I got to do any real misdirection - most of what we did the first day wasn't so much "helps us win" and just "sows confusion that we might be able to exploit later".

Honestly, I was hoping that one of us would get lynched D2 or D3, it'd come to a close endgame, and we'd be put in a kingmaker position, where we'd cooperate with scum under the condition that we get lynched before the end of the game (having the power to turn on them and get them lynched if they didn't go along with us). Having matt's kill still around probably would have screwed that up, though.

I may not be immortal thanks to you meddling lynchers, but meh, it was fun to watch :)
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby ahammel » Fri May 11, 2012 2:59 pm UTC

Gg everyone. Great spoilers for this one!

Matt: you killed me for lynching Finglass?? After all that analysis? After the tables? When I was right??

<fumes> :P
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby greenlover » Fri May 11, 2012 5:04 pm UTC

The mafia lost when I forgot to ask for an extension. I was actually in the process of writing up a post when deadline hit.

Misnomer - if it had been requested, would an extension been granted?

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Misnomer » Fri May 11, 2012 5:29 pm UTC

greenlover wrote:The mafia lost when I forgot to ask for an extension. I was actually in the process of writing up a post when deadline hit.

Misnomer - if it had been requested, would an extension been granted?

Depends on how it was asked tbh, and whether people were actually posting or if people just wanted an extension in case people might want to post.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
ahammel
My Little Cabbage
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am UTC
Location: Vancouver BC
Contact:

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby ahammel » Fri May 11, 2012 5:35 pm UTC

Oh, and the Dawn/Dusk Druid game mechanic was brilliant. Now that the secret's out, I doubt if it'll be quite so much fun if it's tried again, but kudos to Misnomer for a great setup.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Krong » Mon May 14, 2012 1:46 am UTC

Cool game, just wish I'd been in it a bit longer... <glares at Snark> Ah, I kid because I love. And congrats to my fellow wolves for pulling out the half-victory. (Since a werewolf is half-human, half-wolf, a half-victory seems most appropriate.)

I think this is also about my bajillionth game in a row as scum. For those of you looking for my meta, it's been at least a year since I've had townie meta... so, uh, yeah.
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Snark » Mon May 14, 2012 1:57 am UTC

Krong wrote:Cool game, just wish I'd been in it a bit longer... <glares at Snark> Ah, I kid because I love. And congrats to my fellow wolves for pulling out the half-victory. (Since a werewolf is half-human, half-wolf, a half-victory seems most appropriate.)

I think this is also about my bajillionth game in a row as scum. For those of you looking for my meta, it's been at least a year since I've had townie meta... so, uh, yeah.

You do realize you could have tied it up for a no-lynch had you been online at deadline, right? :roll:

Ah well, lovers don't usually live long. It was fun while it lasted.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby BoomFrog » Mon May 14, 2012 2:09 am UTC

Actually snark was lynched because I split the Anti-tim vote to try and lynch Adam because I was pretty sure tim was town and adam was mafia. However, my move was too late. I should have just let T1mm sit in the grave he dug for himself.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Krong
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am UTC
Location: Charleston, South Cackalacky

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Krong » Mon May 14, 2012 5:08 am UTC

Snark wrote:You do realize you could have tied it up for a no-lynch had you been online at deadline, right? :roll:

... *sigh*... I hope you're kidding.

I can't be online at all times in the day, and in checking what happened there, we went from Misnomer's last vote tally at 2:23am Eastern to nightfall at 7:07pm. At the start of that time period, you had 2 votes on you compared to tim's 4, so there wasn't any pressure ahead of that. Plus, for some reason you decided to claim, which gave everyone who was on the fence an easy excuse of "well lovers are often town-scum". I know you were getting antsy towards the end and hoping someone like me would swoop in to save it; the fact that that unfortunately didn't happen doesn't change the fact that it was a problem of your own creation.

Not that it was the worst possible outcome from your perspective, of course -- I would have fought quite hard to find you mafia types once I had the RL time to do so, and by getting lynched you eliminated that threat :P
The answer to the question "What’s wrong with the world?" is just two words: "I am." -- G. K. Chesterton (attributed)

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Misnomer » Mon May 28, 2012 10:12 am UTC

Hi guys,

Sorry if I seemed to go awol after the endgame - I've had a ridiculously busy fortnight. Anyways, I'll start sticking the game info up now.

Game Details, Part 1: The Werewolves:

All Werewolves:
Sharpen your claws and get ready to howl at the full moon, because you are all werewolves! During each night phase, you may communicate with each other via PM (remember to CC me in all messages) and decide upon a non-werewolf player to kill. You are not allowed to PM each other during the day phases, or before the start of the game. Once you have agreed on the target, you should PM me stating who wish to kill (in bold) and which werewolf should carry out the kill. Each of you also has a specific ability, which will be detailed in a separate PM. Note that whichever of you carries out the kill on any given night will lose their ability for that night/the next day.
You win when the town faction is defeated, along with any rival anti-town factions, or when it becomes impossible for this outcome to be prevented. Good luck!
Standard scum faction abilties - I considered originally having some sort of formal hierarchy in place, but I decided it would be too complicated and would add little.

Werewolf Kill Targets:
N1 - BoomFrog kills mostlynormal
N2 - Angua kills Lataro
N3 - BoomFrog kills webby
N4 - ahammel kills wam
N5 - BoomFrog kills fearless

mpolo/BoomFrog
Every day the modern world advances forward. Even if these remote parts, you can feel humanity’s grasp tightening. Your pack is in danger… and you must lead them.
You are the Werewolf Alpha, the greatest and the strongest. Over the years you have managed to master your sense like no other werewolf: every night phase you will be told the names of any other players who targeted you that night. That said, as good as your senses are, you still get to distracted by the smell of blood and the taste of flesh. As such, if you carry out the kill that night then you will not be informed of who targeted you.
Standard insomniac role - I felt that the traditional 'appears innocent' ability didn't really cut it for a werewolf leader.

Sense results:
N2 - Target by nobody
N4 - Targeted by fearless and FAOT

Outnuendo
Some kill out of fear. Others kill out of hunger. You, however, simply enjoy the thrill of the chase.
You are the Werewolf Huntmaster. For you hunting your prey is more than a necessity. More even that a sport or a challenge. No, you consider the perfect hunt to be nothing less than an art-form! As such, you have perfected the art of stalking your target and watching them unnoticed as they go about their business. Each night, you may target another player by PMing me their name. I will then inform you who that player targeted that night, if they targeted anyone at all. Of course, if you’re actually planning on eating your target, your mind will probably be too busy thinking about how tasty they are to see who’s house they were visiting. As such, if you carry out the kill that night, you will not be able to track another player.
I was originally going to make him appear as a hunter to any role-cop types, but I decided that the wolves had enough of an advantage already.

Track results:
N1 - Tracked Greenlover (track failed due to bodyguard action)

ahammel:
To delve beyond reality and see what others cannot… it is a rare gift, but not one exclusive to humans…
You are the Werewolf Seer. You have a way of sensing things about people, learning things about them that they would never tell you. Seeing and interpreting are very different tasks however, and often your senses will leave you bewildered. Each night phase, you may target another player by PMing me their name. At the end of the night, I will reply with a cryptic clue about that person’s role. Your senses only work when you’re completely focussed on the task, however: if you therefore carry out the kill on a given night, you will be unable to receive a vision about another player.
I wanted to give the wolves an investigation ability, but I didn't want it to be an easy one. Hence, cryptic cop. :D

Cop results:
N1 - Snark - 'Loyal to the end, he take his orders and defends his betters… "Soldier, Soldier, won't you marry me?"' (Mafia Solder and Lover - also alludes to defensive nature of role)
N2 - Webby - ' 'Above a bachelor, above a master… but no, he's no philosopher. After all, he's actually got patience…'' (Doctor - bachelor and master are academic titles, with doctor being the next stage up. Patience is a pun on patients).
N3 - Greenlover - '...Finally, head honcho man.' (Mafia Don - final letters of each head honcho man are d, o and n. Head honcho also implies leadership position).

Angua:
Killing is hard work. It’s much easier when your prey is already dead… plus, since the dead don’t fight back, you often have time to help yourselves to their belongings as well…
You are the Werewolf Graverobber. Whenever the villagers lynch someone, you wait in the shadows until everyone drifts away… and then you feast. In doing so, you also help yourself to any clues they might have about their identity. At the start of each night, I will message you with the full role details of whoever was lynched the day before, giving you an advantage over everyone else, who will not find out the player’s role details until the next day. However, if you’ve killed yourself recently, you’ll be too exhausted to plunder the lynched player’s corpse. As such, if you carried out the kill on the previous night, you will not be told the role of whoever gets lynched the next day.
I wanted to include some sort of graverobber role in the game, but it would only really make sense as a scum role. Hence the werewolves got it.

Graverobbing Results:
N1 - told tastelikecoke's role.
N2 - told snark's role.

Gord/Krong:
You may be the youngest of the pack, but you have powers far beyond your years.
You are the Werewolf Mage. Having grown up studying ancient werewolf spellbooks, you have become a master of casting hexes upon your enemies. Each night phase, you may PM me the name of another player to cast a spell on. If that player has a night action, then you may redirect them away from their target and towards a new target of your choosing (you cannot make a player target themselves). Casting hexes is difficult magic however, and only works if you are not distracted by other tasks. As such, if you are selected to carry out the kill on any given night, you will be unable to cast a spell on another player that night.

Oh, and there’s one more thing I should probably mention: you’re in love.
Yes, in spite of your better judgement, you are madly in love with Snark, even though they’re not a werewolf. You could not bear to live without them. If at any point in the game they die, you will die as well. If, on the other hand, they survive until the endgame, you will gain a bonus win (note that this is an additional win, and your faction win condition should remain your primary concern). You cannot chat with them, but each odd-numbered night phase (N1, N3 etc.) you may PM me a ‘love-letter’ consisting of a single post, which I will then forward on to them at the start of the next day. They also have a similar ability, so you will most likely receive messages from them after even-numbered nights.
Scum lovers! :D I'd wanted to get a scum-scum lover setup in one of my games for a while now, and I think it worked well here. In terms of the actual redirect power, this didn't have much of an effect on the game but in retrospect I wonder if it was still a little too powerful for the wolves to have. It could have been utterly devastating for the other factions had Krong survived til near the endgame.

Redirections:
N1 - Redirected DaBigCheez to Webby.


Other faction info still to come.
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Misnomer » Tue May 29, 2012 6:06 pm UTC

Game Details, Part 2: The Mafia

All Mafia:
There’s an old saying in your organisation: ‘crisis is opportunity’. And this is just the sort of crisis you need. After all, you are the Mafia.
Yes, the werewolves may have got everyone’s attention, but they’re not the only anti-town faction around. Each night phase, you may communicate with each other by PM and decide on a non-Mafia player to kill. You are not allowed to PM each other during the day phases, or before the start of the game. CC me in all messages. Once you have agreed on the target, you should PM me stating who wish to kill (in bold) and which Mafia member should carry out the kill. Each of you also has a specific ability, which will be detailed in a separate PM. Note that whichever of you carries out the kill on any given night will lose their ability for that night/the next day.
You win when the town faction is defeated, along with the werewolves and any other rival anti-town factions, or when it becomes impossible for this outcome to be prevented. Good luck!
Hehehe... my secret second scum faction. I have them one less player than the werewolves, hoping to balance it out by giving them the element of surprise and also more-useful abilities.

Mafia Kills:
N1 - Greenlover kills DaBigCheez
N2 - JesseScottOwen kills Angua
N3 - Greenlover kills T1mm
N4 - Greenlover kills FAOT
N5 - Greenlover kills Fearless

Greenlover:
Many years ago, you arrived in Xkcdia in order to set up the ‘family business’. Now it’s time to take control.
You are the Mafia Don. As the head of the Xkcdian Mafia, you have become a very influential person within the community, and influence has its benefits. As such, you can only be lynched by a majority vote – if you have the most votes at the end of any day phase, but not an overall majority, then the lynch attempt against you will fail and you will survive. Such influence has its limits, however: if there’s fresh blood on the hands, you’ll struggle to escape the noose. Your ability will therefore be temporarily disabled on any day phase if you carried out the kill on the preceding night phase.
With only one Mafia-detecting cop running around, I again thought that the traditional Godfather ability was a bit rubbish, so I experimented with giving the head of the Mafia soft-lynch immunity instead. It never came up in the end, but I think I liked the role anyway.

Adam H:
The Don is an excellent leader, but they’d be nothing if it weren’t for the help and information you’ve provided to them over the years.
You are the Mafia Consigliere, the Don’s right hand man. If they need intel and advice they turn to you, and you’re always able to find out the facts they need. Each night, you may PM me the name of another player. At the end of the night phase, I will PM you with information regarding what abilities or actions that player is capable of. Investigation takes time however, so if you are selected to carry out the kill on any given night you will not be able to investigate another player that night.
Mafia ability cop! This one was quite powerful, but then again the Mafia were a man short.

Investigations:
N1 - Lataro - "He can target a player every night. He has a 1-shot day ability which kills everybody he's targeted so far in the game. He also appears as a Miller to certain investigations."
N2 - T1mm - "He can target a player every night. The next day, that player will be invited to reveal details about their role and/or activities to him. He will then be informed whether or not his target was lying. If he openly discusses these revelations he will lose his ability altogether."

JesseScottOwen:
You understand what your role is in the organisation. You take orders from the higher-ups, boss around the underlings… and occasionally beat people senseless, of course.
You are the Mafia Capo, and woe betide anyone who crosses you. Each night phase, you may PM me the name of another player who you want to ‘persuade’ not to cause any trouble that night. That player will then be prevented from carrying out any of their role’s actions that night (nb: indirect abilities such as nightchat will be unaffected). Of course, there’s only so much you can do on any given night, so if you’re chosen to carry out the kill you will not be able to use your roleblock ability on the same night.
Nothing fancy, just a traditional Mafia roleblocker.

Roleblocks:
N1 - T1mm
N3 - ForAllOfThis

Snark:
You may be on the bottom rung of the ladder, but you perhaps have the most important role in the whole organisation: protecting the others.
You are a Mafia Soldier, the family bodyguard. Each night, you may PM me the name of another player. That player will then be ‘protected’ for that night, blocking the action of a player that targets them. You can only block one action per night however, so if multiple people target your protected player, the action chosen to be blocked will be chosen at random. Obviously, you can’t be a bodyguard and a killer at the same time, so if you’re chosen to carry out the kill on any given night, you won’t be able to use your protection power that night.

Oh, and there’s one more thing I should probably mention: you’re in love.
Yes, in spite of your better judgement, you are madly in love with Gord, even though they’re not in the Mafia. You could not bear to live without them. If at any point in the game they die, you will die as well. If, on the other hand, they survive until the endgame, you will gain a bonus win (note that this is an additional win, and your faction win condition should remain your primary concern). You cannot chat with them, but each even-numbered night phase (N2, N4 etc.) you may PM me a ‘love-letter’ consisting of a single post, which I will then forward on to them at the start of the next day. They also have a similar ability, so you will most likely receive messages from them after odd-numbered nights.
Our other lover. It was originally going to be "block all actions" but I decided that that was overpowered.

Bodyguarding:
N1 - Protected Greenlover


More to come!
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Misnomer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Misnomer » Wed May 30, 2012 9:51 am UTC

Game Details, Part 3: The Druids

Captain Finglass:
You have no care for werewolves. If everything goes to plan, you will soon have ascended to a higher plane of existence, and the fate of Xkcdia will be utterly irrelevant to you.
You are the Dawn Druid, working in partnership with DaBigCheez, the Dusk Druid. To achieve true immortality, you must both be killed. However, it cannot be any death: the spell is very clear about that. You must either both die during a day phase (e.g. by being lynched) or both die during a night phase (e.g. by being killed by the werewolves).
While you live, you have the power to affect how people see the world as the sun rises in the morning. You have the power to influence the flavour I write at the beginning of each day phase: to do this, you should PM me instructions during the previous night phase. For example, you can PM me asking to make a certain player appear suspicious in the flavour, or for me to imply that town are on the brink of losing. Note that you cannot use this power to influence the flavour at the start of D1. While you are both alive, you also free to chat with each other during the night phases. CC me in all messages.
Yours is a third-party win condition. To win, you must both die during the same type of phase. You lose if you die during different types of phase, or if you are not both dead by the end of the game. Good luck!
DaBigCheez:
You have no care for werewolves. If everything goes to plan, you will soon have ascended to a higher plane of existence, and the fate of Xkcdia will be utterly irrelevant to you.
You are the Dusk Druid, working in partnership with CaptainFinglass, the Dawn Druid. To achieve true immortality, you must both be killed. However, it cannot be any death: the spell is very clear about that. You must either both die during a day phase (e.g. by being lynched) or both die during a night phase (e.g. by being killed by the werewolves).
While you live, you have the power to affect how people see the world as the sun sets in the evening. You have the power to influence the flavour I write at the end of each day phase: to do this, you should PM me instructions during the day phase before the lynch or deadline occurs. For example, you can PM me asking to make a certain player appear suspicious in the flavour, or for me to imply that town are on the brink of losing. While you are both alive, you also free to chat with each other during the night phases. CC me in all messages.
Yours is a third-party win condition. To win, you must both die during the same type of phase. You lose if you die during different types of phase, or if you are not both dead by the end of the game. Good luck!
I based the Druid faction off of the Mimes faction that a few games on the Mafiascum wiki use. However, instead of requiring both to be lynched, I simply said that they should just both die the same way. I also added in flavour-influencing because, you know, it's fun. :D I reckon the Druids probably ended up hurting town a lot more than they hurt the anti-town factions, so maybe there were some balance issues with including them here. I like the overall model though.

Flavour Influencing:
D1 End - Imply that a Hooded Trio were pleased with the lynch.
D2 Start - Imply a Vampire Kill
D3 Start - Imply that the Vampire watched T1mm
D4 Start - Imply that the Trio are still about
D5 Start - Imply another Vampire Kill



Game Details, Part 4: The Town

Dooms/mostlynormal:
Let’s face it: in times of crisis, people turn to drink. It may not be the healthiest habit, but who are you to deny them what they want?
You are the Innkeeper. Every evening, the townsfolk flock to your tavern to chat amongst themselves while drinking away your sorrows – and sometimes, when you’re feeling particularly mischievous, you’ll let them drink far more than they can handle. Each night phase, you may PM me the name of another player who you want to get drunk that night. A drunken player has a 50% chance of failing any actions they carry out that night. Additionally, as the Inn is the centre of Xkcdia’s social life, you may occasionally overhear gossip about other players: this will be sent to you in the form of a PM at the end of a night phase. You will not necessarily overhear gossip every night.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
This was a role that seemed like a great idea in my head. The way that the gossip feature worked was that whenever somebody in night chat speculated about the role of a player who wasn't in the conversation (eg. I wonder if John Doe is the Vampire?"), that speculation would be recorded as gossip. The gossip would then be sent to the Innkeeper at the start of the next day. It was a listening ability that could still be useful, but would avoid being overpowered. However, almost as soon as N1 started, I realised that this role involved a massive amount of work for me as a mod, with me having to scan every single night chat message for such comments. As horrible as it is to say, it was a relief when mostlynormal was chosen as a kill target. :P

Drink Actions:
N1 - Get Fearless drunk (successful)

Chickenfish/Fearless:
Ello ello ello! What’s all this about werewolves then?
You are the Police Constable and, while you may be very good at catching wrong-doers, you don’t have at tackling the supernatural. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player to investigate, and I will let you know whether they are innocent or guilty. However, as an ordinary policeman, your investigation might not prove very useful at catching werewolves. Alternatively, instead of investigating a player, you can PM me with the name of a player to arrest instead. An arrested player will be thrown in prison for that night, and then let out at the start of next day phase. A player in prison will be unable to carry out any actions that night, but will also be immune from any actions targeted against them.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
This was a combined Mafia-investigating cop and jailkeeper role. I threw it in so that at least one townie would have an idea that there's probably some non-supernatural anti-town roles out there. In the end, fearless never used the arrest power, and instead investigated every night.

Investigations:
N1 - T1mm (blocked)
N2 - CaptainFinglass (not criminal)
N3 - JesseScottOwen (criminal)
N4 - BoomFrog (not criminal)
N5 - ahammel (n/a)

Wam:
To delve beyond reality and see what others cannot… it is a rare gift, and one that equips you against the forces of evil.
You are the Seer. In your visions, you can see a person’s true form and identify any supernatural foes. Each night phase, you may PM me the name of another player. At the end of the night, I will inform you whether or not they are evil.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
Standard seer role. I wanted to include some standard roles, so that if a massclaim occured there'd be suspicions raised about the relative normalcy of some claims compared with others.

Investigations:
N1 - Fearless (not evil)
N2 - JesseScottOwen (not evil)
N3 - T1mm (not evil)
N4 - Captain Finglass (n/a)

Zace/ForAllOfThis:
You are the… Pirate-Ninja??? Wait, that can’t be right, let me check again… no, bizarrely that is actually your role…
You are the Pirate Ninja. What you are doing in Xkcdia is a mystery, but you have decided to help out the townsfolk. Each night phase, you may PM me the name of a player to ‘plunder treasure’ from. At the end of the night, you will be told what item(s) you stole, giving you clues as to that player’s role. Additionally, because you are a ninja, you are completely undetectable at night. As such, your night actions will not show up to watcher or tracker-like roles.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
Yay, out-of-theme role! I think it's normally a good idea to throw one of these roles into a themed closed setup, just as a useful check against massclaiming. In terms of the role itself, this was essentially a flavour cop who wouldn't be caught investigating people.

Investigations:
N1 - Webby (finds bandages and medicines)
N2 - Adam H (finds documents relating to the 'family' and 'investigations')
N3 - JesseScottOwen (blocked)
N4 - BoomFrog (n/a)

Matt96:
A wolf is a wolf. They can be hunted down and shot, just like any other creature.
You are the Hunter. For years you’ve made a living in these woods, and you’ve taken down a fair few supernatural beasts in your time. Each night phase, you may do one of two actions. You can either PM me the name of a player to track (in which case I will inform you of who they targeted that night, if anyone) or you can PM me the name of a player to kill, in which case they will die. You cannot carry both actions in the same night.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
This was essentially a mirror image of the werewolf huntmaster role, with the exception that as a town role the kill power wasn't factional. Matt96 chose only to use his kill powers late in the game, which may have been a mistake (that said, it's hard to say how things would've worked out otherwise).

Actions:
N1 - Track Lataro (targeted Krong)
N2 - Track Fearless (targeted CaptainFinglass)
N3 - Track T1mm (targeted BoomFrog)
N4 - Track CaptainFinglass (targeted nobody)
N5 - Kill Ahammel

tastelikecoke:
Evil is stalking Xkcdia. Now more than ever, you are convinced of the need to spread the word of God.
You are the Minister, head of the Xkcdian Free Church. Each night, you may PM me the name of another player. That player will then become a member of the Church from the next day onwards. All Church members, including you, can communicate with each other during the night phase. CC me in all messages. Additionally, during each night phase each church member, again including you, may PM me with the name of a player they wish to pray for. God shall surely answer the prayers and ensure that no harm comes to them. If you die, the Church will continue as long as it still has members, but no more recruiting can occur.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!

[mod note: the prayer power does nothing]
This role was essentially a recruiting mason leader. The niave protection ability was perhaps a little on the mean side, but had the faction actualy got going it would presumably have quickly become obvious that it didn't do anything - besides which, if it did do something, it would be ridiculously overpowered.

webby:
Modern medicine has advanced so much in recent years. The old ways of herbalism are gone, and now science reigns supreme!
You are the Doctor. You can treat all sorts of wounds, as long as they’re not too severe. Each night phase, you may PM me with the name of another player. If that player is targeted by a kill action that night, then you will save their life. If they are targeted by multiple kill actions in the same night, however, then they will still die despite your best efforts.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
Standard doctor role - it could protect against any form of night kill.

Doctor actions:
N1 - Protect Krong
N2 - Protect Adam H
N3 - Protect ForAllOfThis

T1mm01994:
Evil. In a way, you’ve been fighting it all your life. The only difference now is that the evil has claws and fur.
You are the Priest. After years of hearing people confess their sins to you, you’ve grown somewhat good at telling the truth from the lies. Each night, you may PM me the name of another player. I will then prompt that player to make a ‘confession’ about their activities in this game. When they have made their confession, I will let you know which parts, if any, are lies. Your target is allowed to refuse to confess a thing, but of course that alone might be quite revealing about their role. There is one snag, however: the rite of confession is a sacred one. If you reveal to anyone information that you gained from a confession, or indeed falsely claim to have gained information from a confession, then you will lose your powers permanently.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
This role was essentially the lovechild of a torturer and a lie detector. The targeted players are essentially put in a bind, as silence is incriminating: there is no reason, for example, why town would ever not just send a message saying "I am town". The posting restriction at the end was to stop it becoming too overpowered. In the end though, the only time the ability was succesfully used was on a player who already knew what it did (the confession itself wasn't actually made until the start of the next day), so it didn't really reach it's full potential as a role.

Confessions:
N1/D2 - Adam H (blocked)
N2/D3 - Adam H (success, see below - red text = lie)
Adam H wrote:I really want t1mm dead. Really really really want him dead.

I am not a role cop. I lied yesterday.

Lastly, what kind of world is this when innocent townspeople can get waylaid by evil priests! Go to hell. You'll get nothing from me!

N3/D4 - BoomFrog (n/a)

Lataro:
Werewolves? Pfft. The real menace is from the machinery of the state! Although werewolves do sound quite dangerous…

You are the Anarchist. You believe in toppling the state, and using large quantities of explosives to do so! That said, you are willing to put aside your ideology to help your fellow townsfolk defend themselves from the werewolf threat. Each night phase, you may target a player and rig them with explosives. Then, during any day phase, you may post the word ‘Detonate’ (in bold) in the main game thread. When you do this, everybody who you rigged with explosives will explode and die. You only have one detonator however, so you may only do this one during the entire game: after you have detonated, you have no further powers. Should you rig a player, and then decide you don’t want to blow them up after all, then you may un-rig them during a night phase by PMing me. Note that if you un-rig a player, you will not be able to rig another player during the same night phase.
You are Town, and win when the anti-town faction(s) is(are) eliminated. Good luck!
This was another role I really liked, and when I saw that Lataro had got it I though it's be a recipe for devastation. Alas, Lataro fell foul of an early investigation by Adam H and we never got to have a massive explosion.

Actions:
N1 - Rig Krong
N2 - Rig Matt96


And that's it, all of the roles posted! Thanks again for playing!
moody7277 wrote:The role of SDK in this game will be played by Misnomer. [/soapopera]

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Werewolf - Game Over: The Dark Lord Rises

Postby Snark » Wed May 30, 2012 12:59 pm UTC

Thanks again for modding! Really awesome game. Loved the lack of vanilla roles.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests