Resistance 5 - Spies Win! (3-1)

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

wingedocelot

Re: Resistance 5 [1-2] - M4: First Team Proposal

Postby wingedocelot » Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 am UTC

Accept

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 pm UTC

The first Mission 4 team [wam, Snark, NewUser, wingedocelot] has been proposed. As a reminder, the spies need TWO fails to sabotage this mission.

wingedocelot has already voted so the deadline is about 24 hours from now or whenever I receive all votes. If you have a plot power to use, it should be used before you vote, though you can still use it at any point as long as I have not ended the Mission Phase.

Plot Powers:

Strong Leader: t1mm01994
Strong Leader: Snark
No Confidence: New User
Opinion Maker: wingedocelot
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu May 03, 2012 2:32 pm UTC

I accepted it.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Thu May 03, 2012 7:10 pm UTC

this mission is bound to fail! Bound to fail I say!

Adam H

Resistance 5 [1-3] - M4: Mission Phase

Postby Adam H » Fri May 04, 2012 2:15 pm UTC

Mission 4

Votes:
New User - Accept
wingedocelot - Accept
Racebandit - Accept
Trineroks - Reject
wam - Accept
t1mm01994 - Reject
Snark - Accept

The team [wam, Snark, New User, wingedocelot] for Mission 4 was accepted (5-2).

Four of you creep off in the middle of the first night of the siege. This assassination mission is absolutely too important to let your underlings handle it. It was not for nothing that you all were made Generals – you have proven your valor and skill on the battlefield. Now prove yourself with this final mission.

Wam, Snark, New User, and Wingedocelot put on enemy uniforms and slip out of Castle Havon through a secret tunnel. With luck, the Emperor will be dead by morning and the four Generals safe behind our strong walls.

No. New User and wingedocelot betray Wam and Snark, who are taken prisoner. Afterwards, the traitors lead 500 enemy soldiers back through the secret tunnel to kill our guards and open our gates. The enemy easily storms the castle. When the slaughter is over, the Emperor, flanked by his faithful spies New User and Wingedocelot, strides into our war room where RaceBandit has chained T1mm01994 and Trineroks to the wall.

The Empire wins a decisive victory over the Resistance, thanks to New User, Wingedocelot, and Racebandit.

Mission Results:
PASS: 2
FAIL: 2

Sabotaged! And with that, the game comes to an end. Spies win 3-1. Congratulations to New User, wingedocelot, and Racebandit!

I thought Spies played great. Let me know if you have thoughts on balance or gameplay. I did a pretty bad job making a couple deadlines confusing, but at least it ran along quickly.

My thoughts on your strategy:
Spoiler:
If all the townies rejected M4 (yes, even the mission leader), you would have won. You would have seen RaceBandit accept the mission, which must mean that RB is a spy and also that the mission has at least one spy on it (probably two). You therefore would have correctly deduced that the three spies were the three Accept votes, and promptly won.

Of course that’s easy to say in hindsight. If t1mm was spy, rejecting wam’s mission would mean that t1mm could be leader twice in a row and spies would win. Because of this the consecutive mission rejections should probably go back to 4-5, instead of 3. Or you should have realized this dilemma earlier and stretched out the first 3 missions, especially M3. I probably would have tried to reject as many missions as possible until spies won two missions and made rejecting risky. You also should have at least considered saving your plot powers. Using ITS on mission 1 was not the slam dunk you thought it was.

Oh, and yes, the spies were chosen completely randomly. I was flabbergasted.
-Adam

Snark

Re: Resistance 5 [1-3] - M4: Mission Phase

Postby Snark » Fri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:Using ITS on mission 1 was not the slam dunk you thought it was.

Yeah, you're right. Should've saved it for M2 or M3.

Gg spies.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

RaceBandit

Re: Resistance 5 - Spies Win in 4!

Postby RaceBandit » Fri May 04, 2012 3:43 pm UTC

With how quickly my cover got blown after I failed M2, I actually thought I had played really poorly. You probably read this in spoilers now that the game's over, but I bullshitted the reason given to Trine for rejecting M3: It was to try to throw T1mm off the track so he wouldn't oust New User. If that had happened, spies would've been pressured at M5, and it probably would've come down to luck to get wingedocelot on the team.

trineroks

Postby trineroks » Fri May 04, 2012 6:47 pm UTC

Well, i was right about New User. I initially fossed racebandit as well, but i have to admit racebandit's rejection of my M3 proposal threw me off a bit.

Really nice play spies, and good game :].

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:54 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:If all the townies rejected M4 (yes, even the mission leader), you would have won. You would have seen RaceBandit accept the mission, which must mean that RB is a spy and also that the mission has at least one spy on it (probably two). You therefore would have correctly deduced that the three spies were the three Accept votes, and promptly won.

I tried to get this done! I even referred to your post in resistance 4.0 in which you pointed this out... :(

New User

Re: Resistance 5 - Spies Win! (3-1)

Postby New User » Fri May 04, 2012 9:54 pm UTC

Good game everyone! I almost feel bad for pressing so hard calling trineroks scum, when I knew he was town the whole time. But that's just how the game is played! Good luck with your studies trineroks!

wingedocelot

Re: Resistance 5 - Spies Win! (3-1)

Postby wingedocelot » Sat May 05, 2012 9:55 am UTC

Yay! We did it. Good game fellow spies.

I was worried Tim would use his strong leader to change the team. But the resistance were so suspicious of each other in the end, I'm sure we would've had it in the long run anyway.

Return to “Mafia”