Mafia Avengers - Game Over - Skrull Supremacy!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
DaBigCheez
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death (was not Roband)

Postby DaBigCheez » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 pm UTC

welp

*dies*
existential_elevator wrote:It's like a jigsaw puzzle of Hitler pissing on Mother Theresa. No individual piece is offensive, but together...

If you think hot women have it easy because everyone wants to have sex at them, you're both wrong and also the reason you're wrong.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death (was not Roband)

Postby roband » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 pm UTC

Awww FAOT. FAOTy FAOTy FAOT.

I can't say I wasn't gonna vote you, but I was gonna say that your fakeclaim was SOMEWHAT believable.

As it is, I am not Norman Osbourne. Therefore I will be voting for you.

Hey, rest of town, does FAOT lying make ya'll believe that I'm town? If so, I will gladly hammer.
I can take on anyone who considers visiting me during the night ;)

For the record, I had an inkling Ultron was a cult leader - my role PM mentioned "Ultron and his potential followers" but it was for a power I declined.

Also, why does the day name mention me? Weird.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death (was not Roband)

Postby roband » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 pm UTC

And lol "pumpkin bomb" :D

User avatar
ForAllOfThis
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death (was not Roband)

Postby ForAllOfThis » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:29 pm UTC

roband wrote:As it is, I am not Norman Osbourne. Therefore I will be voting for you.


Of course you would say that.

roband wrote:Hey, rest of town, does FAOT lying make ya'll believe that I'm town? If so, I will gladly hammer.


You insult me! You don't think I'd be clever enough to pull a stunt on one of my own scum-buddies, if I had scum-buddies? :D.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who think the cosmic cube doesnt exist, despite still wanting to be the one who gets it tonight anyway.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 pm UTC

It is a bandwagon, and I don't like bandwagon, as there's usually a lot of scum on it, desperately trying to hide. Rules are not sure whether to lynch #4, #3 or even #2 on the bandwagon. In the case of this many players, I take it even #5 or #6 is reasonable... And lynching down the whole bunch of the bandwagon seems like too much of a good thing. I agree, there's significant evidence against him, but I'm not sure whether I want to be joining a bandwagon vote. They tend to lead to dead townies and having difficulties figuring out who is scum, especially when 90% of all votes are justified by a "I'm with above voter".

I'm sure there's some town and scum in that line in there. But as for now, even with FaoT's death result (whatever that may be), we have absolutely no way of telling anyone but Snark apart from eachother, and I do not like that. I cannot read people based on "I'm with last poster." All I can read is that said voters like to follow other people, but that may be true regardless of alignment.

Yes, I'm blabbering. What I'm trying to say is: Stop bandwagonning, you don't have to have a vote on FaoT to be credited for his death if he turns out to be scum. Start justifying why you are doing stuff, and if you're only following other people, don't, because the other people are already following it for you. There's no need for FaoT to be at 8 votes while there's only one other person on a vote. I'd much rather see some justifications of stuff.
Questions to ask:
- Whaddup at the cube? Should we want it, or not?
- Do we believe the rolecop, and if so, what to do with it?
- Given that FaoT provides us with information, do we want him dead already?

Those questions are questions that I've seen very little to no answer to, and that bothers me. I'd FoS the whole bunch of you if not for the fact that you can't all be scum. But yeah, start justifying yourself so we can hunt scum for scumminess.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby Snark » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:47 am UTC

t1mm01994 wrote:Questions to ask:
- Whaddup at the cube? Should we want it, or not?
- Do we believe the rolecop, and if so, what to do with it?
- Given that FaoT provides us with information, do we want him dead already?


@Cube - I think it's best that we know who has the cube. I don't know whether to trust roband or not, but if he thinks he can survive with the cube than it may be best to let him hammer/cast the last vote on FAOT.

If a cube was in existence, would it be passed only upon it's current owner's death?

If roband is scum and can just give it to a fellow scumbuddy, then that's a problem.

@Believing the role cop - If FAOT is scum, then it's wine. If FAOT is indy, he's probably just trying to give us a better lynch target than himself. We probably shouldn't trust the supposed rolecop result.

@Should we want FAOT dead - see previous paragraph. His information can't be trusted. I don't want to take the chance of letting scum live.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

CaptainFinglass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:43 am UTC
Location: Canada ~*P

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby CaptainFinglass » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:04 am UTC

Well this has been the most interesting D1 in my experiance...

At this point, it's fairly obvious that unless there is a big dramatic change FoaT is going to be lynched, but I'd like to see a little more chatter about other people, such as the ones bandwagoning him. Somewhere, at least one scum faction (in a game this size, I would guess there are at least two, or one and a vig, or something like that) are celebrating the fact that there is an obvious scapegoat for today and they don't have a chance of being lynched. They can active lurk their way through the whole day but no one will pay attention because we're only worried about the Cosmic Cube. While it's a valid concern, knowing what exactly that does, we shouldn't forget we have the rest of the game to figure it out. Just a thought.
Allons-y!

trineroks
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby trineroks » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 am UTC

When I first glanced at this post I thought "why is D1 titled 'First Death'"

And then I found someone got daykilled... sniper role?

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:52 am UTC

Keep in mind that if they get the cube, they become independant, and no longer scum. at least that's how I read it. So if FaoT is telling the truth, then letting Roband hammer will eliminate one scum. I feel that voting FAOT is our best bet. If he lies, one less scum. If he tells the truth, one less scum. Our only problem is if Snark is lying. he may be scum

VOTE: FAOT
Last edited by Servant-of_Christ on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:55 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby flarpfreak » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 am UTC

trineroks wrote:When I first glanced at this post I thought "why is D1 titled 'First Death'"

And then I found someone got daykilled... sniper role?

That's what I was thinking....

As to the matter of the lynching,
FOAT is either indy or scum.
If he is indy, I really do not trust him to maintain the towns interests in the least, if he is scum, he is scum and should therefore be lynched.
The cube does throw a wrench into this, however, if FOAT is telling the truth about the cube, we don't want scum getting it, which means that if he's nked, we failed in that objective. If we lynch FOAT, then there is a higher likelihood of the town getting the cube. If he's lying, then well...it doesn't matter.

VOTE
FOAT
Wait, what?

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby roband » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 am UTC

Firstly...

"Last edited by Servant-of_Christ on 27 Apr 2012, 04:55, edited 2 times in total."
First rule of mafia dude, no editing posts. Even if it it within 3 minutes of you posting it.

Secondly... Tim, we have a rolecop giving us a bad guy. If the cube exists, which I doubt, I can handle being it's possessor - I promise.

Thirdly... I make that 7 votes for now - I cannot stress enough about how careful to be around the hammer.

Fourthly... I forgot to say last night - I SAW THE MOVIE AND IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death (was not Roband)

Postby roband » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:50 am UTC

ForAllOfThis wrote:
roband wrote:Hey, rest of town, does FAOT lying make ya'll believe that I'm town? If so, I will gladly hammer.


You insult me! You don't think I'd be clever enough to pull a stunt on one of my own scum-buddies, if I had scum-buddies? :D.


This is a slip. You started the post saying you were not lying about anything - and now you're saying that you ARE scum and I'm your buddy? Trust me, if that happened AGAIN I'd be raging my head off AND being public about it.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:38 am UTC

Look, I'm not expressing a displeasure with the lynch, it's very fine for a D1. I'm expressing displeasure about the general playstyle on area 53 atm, where town tend to act veeery following. Note: exceptions are there, I'd just like some more exceptions.
Also from all the people that was aimed at, you are not one. You speak enough, and enough new stuff, to be readable.
long story short: FaoT should go down, but people should express thoughts, too. New ones, preferrably.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby mpolo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:00 am UTC

I voted for precisely the reason I said -- we have a rolecop that makes FAOT look anti-town at best, and I don't really want to deal with the cube, personally.

I think that it probably does exist, but have no opinion really about how truthful FAOT has been with his description of it. I presume that there is a mixture of truth and falsehood in that. It is probably powerful and game-changing, but I suspect it wouldn't have a complete "alignment-changing" function, because that is going to leave us with continually lynching the last person to pick it up. Unless someone with a nightkill is eager to have the thing, I suppose. Certain scum, like Loki or the Red Skull are likely to be particularly dangerous with the Cube in their power.

Although I really don't want to deal with the cube, I would rather that a townie get it than scum, obviously. We have the advantage at the moment that we will know exactly who has it, of course. Since I'm in computer limbo at the moment, it's probably better that we not count on me trying to unvote and then slip in a hammer at the right time. As a result, I am happy to be where I am.

As for the death of Ultron, I can only add my congratulations to his killer. He was presumably not connected with the rest of the scum, since he had his own cult.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby Lataro » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am UTC

Holy crap on a stick this thread has exploded. Couple pages in less than a day.

So, at this point, we have a few conclusions.

1. Snark is telling us the truth, FAOT has confirmed his role, the cop power was real.
2. FAOT is either Indy survivor, or scum. As per all games I've been in, and as generally plays out, survivors almost always end up siding with scum in the end to avoid being killed and losing. Since he is scum at worst, and a survivor at best, it's a no brainer than he should be killed. Moreso when so much discussion centers on him, and good info exists to be gained D2.
3. Roband is possibly anti-town. FAOT's death will help nicely with confirming this if any role info is given out that can confirm his power.

This all does not clear Snark however, since a role cop claimed to out an indy doesn't prove towniness in and of itself.

As for the lynch, I'm positive there are scum on that wagon. Thing is, until FAOT is dead and revealed, we can't do much with the claim regarding the cube. If it changes the holders alignment, then that is a problem. A problem solved by roband hammering IMO. IF FAOT is revealed to be telling the truth, then at worst, we made a possible scum into an indy, and can deal with the situation better tomorrow with more facts. Realistically, I don't see a better approach to this than roband hammering, one way or the other. This could be a jesterbomb play on FAOT's part for all we know. I'd say, roband hammering is our best bet. Unless someone has a logical argument against this, anyone who prevents roband from hammering will look damned scummy in my eyes.

We'll learn a lot D2, that's for sure.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby roband » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:53 am UTC

Thanks Lataro. If you're town, then I think you're level headed enough to have worked out the best thing for us.
And if you're scum, well as I've already said - I don't mind the consequences :P

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 am UTC

Well uhm, take it away, agreeing with Lataro... Just going to point out that the abbreviation MODOK does not indicate that he wants to get lynched gladly, and a rolecop jesterbomb would be strange, too..
vote: FaoT.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby Snark » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 am UTC

That makes 8 votes by my count. 1 more and then roband can hammer.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby roband » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 am UTC

I'm ready when someone else is :)

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby eculc » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:37 pm UTC

I can't find any reason not to vote for FaoT, especially with confirmation of his role. I'm sure there's some scum hiding in this bandwagon somewhere, but that's no real reason to avoid an easy D1 lynch.

I'm agreed with Lataro about Snark, though; Just because he outed MODOK (who, as FaoT said, is independent) doesn't mean he isn't scum or another indie. and if FaoT is lying (about being indie, at least) then we still lynched a scum.

Vote: FaoT

Hammer away.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby roband » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:38 pm UTC

Ok guys, this is the hammer. Something you're not expecting might happen here, but I need you all to trust me, ok?

Just hold on, this could be interesting ;)

Vote: FAOT

that's hammer, and as the rules dictate - that ends the day. No-one else should post until the mod says so.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:42 pm UTC

Unvote

Counting, it is not your best point, is it now? 11 to lynch, and you just cast vote #10.

So, roband, whaddup @ this "unexpected thing"? Got something to share?

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: Better than the movie

Postby roband » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:47 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:
Spoiler:
Image
*Note: Flavour is not related to who did the killing.

DaBigCheez is dead. He was Ultron, Using the Science Programming Secondary Ability. With his death, ends the Ultron Cult.

votals
FAOT 5 (snark, woopate, angua, mpolo, wam)
Roband 1 (FAOT)

19 players, 10 votes to lynch


Day has ended with my hammer. Please stop posting.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby t1mm01994 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:54 pm UTC

My apologies. Last post retracted.

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 1: The first death

Postby Vieto » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:59 pm UTC

FAOT has been hammered by Eculc, and was MODOK, mafia. His secondary power was Psionic Bolts. Night 1 begins. Day 2 begins in 2 days.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 1 - The Hardest Hanging

Postby mpolo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

Just a heads up: I'm going to be out most, if not all of tomorrow.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 1 - The Hardest Hanging

Postby Vieto » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 pm UTC

Spoilered for Flavour and for the squeamish.
Spoiler:
Image


Lataro is dead. He was Captain America, a mason in The Avengers. He picked the Show Shield Secondary Power. He has fresh zombie strains, so he was beginning to turn into a zombie, but never fully changed.

Day 2. 17 players alive, 9 to lynch. Deadline in 7 days.

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5926
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby Angua » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:33 pm UTC

Who was it who said something about captain america dying first in the last game? Seems as though it's becoming a tradition...

Zombies sounds like some sort of delayed cult. Two cults then? (I'm counting DBC here). It could have been that he was only recruited last night, so it might not be delayed. Only one kill seems like a good sign, hopefully it was due to great doctoring/roleblocking.

Anyway, possibly more interesting - I think we had a double/secret voter yesterday. Did anyone else notice that FaoT was hammered by eculc, not by roband? It probably didn't matter too much yesterday (given that the cube wasn't mentioned in the flavour text by the mod - I'm guessing FaoT got the idea from a secondary power), but it could come into play later on (especially as it seems like a waste of a one-shot power, so it is probably going to be a recurring thing).

@eculc - was there actually a cube?
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby eculc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 pm UTC

AFAIK no, I haven't received any information about the cube. I'm guessing It never actually existed.

so, my next question is, WTF happened roband? you said something unexpected was going to happen, and it did. so what did you do, or how did you know, or whatever?
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby Adam H » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:54 pm UTC

eculc wrote:so, my next question is, WTF happened roband? you said something unexpected was going to happen, and it did. so what did you do, or how did you know, or whatever?
Wait, what happened? I assumed that since roband didn't hammer, whatever he thought was going to happen never did.
-Adam

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby Snark » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:59 pm UTC

I'm alive! I made it to day 2! And it has a hilarious pun in the title!

On to seriousness...

The FAOT wagon
1 - Snark
2 - Woopate
Waits for counterclaim - roband
Speculates how Snark might be lying - Adam H
Tells FAOT to speak up - t1mm01994
3 - DaBigCheez
FAOT makes his fake claim
Small talk - Angua
4 - Adam H
5 - "whoever votes on FaoT last will probably get killed by scum so they can control the cube. In the interest of not being last: vote FaoT" - Angua
6 - "I also don't want to be last, as I have no idea what to do with a Cosmic Cube even if I had one." - mpolo
5 - So he can revote and be the last voter later - Adam H
6 - wam
5 - DaBigCheez gets killed
"If we believe that FAOT is telling the truth, then we must assume that he can't use the cosmic cube until D4, so we can postpone his lynch until D3. Unless he has another power that I didn't read?" - JesseScottOwen
Offers to vote last - roband
"Stop bandwagonning, you don't have to have a vote on FaoT to be credited for his death if he turns out to be scum. Start justifying why you are doing stuff, and if you're only following other people, don't, because the other people are already following it for you. There's no need for FaoT to be at 8 votes while there's only one other person on a vote. I'd much rather see some justifications of stuff. Questions to ask: - Whaddup at the cube? Should we want it, or not? - Do we believe the rolecop, and if so, what to do with it? - Given that FaoT provides us with information, do we want him dead already?" - t1mm01994
"At this point, it's fairly obvious that unless there is a big dramatic change FoaT is going to be lynched, but I'd like to see a little more chatter about other people, such as the ones bandwagoning him." - CaptainFinglass
6 - Servant-of_Christ
7 - flarpfreak
"Look, I'm not expressing a displeasure with the lynch, it's very fine for a D1....long story short: FaoT should go down, but people should express thoughts, too. New ones, preferrably." - t1mm01994
"it's a no brainer than he should be killed." - Lataro
8 - t1mm01994
9 - "I can't find any reason not to vote for FaoT, especially with confirmation of his role. I'm sure there's some scum hiding in this bandwagon somewhere, but that's no real reason to avoid an easy D1 lynch." - eculc
10 - "Ok guys, this is the hammer. Something you're not expecting might happen here, but I need you all to trust me, ok? Just hold on, this could be interesting" - roband

Huge FoS: JesseScottOwen for saying we can postpone FAOT's lynch to D3 and then skipping out on the FAOT discussion.
Lesser FoSes: t1mm01994 and CaptainFinglass for trying to switch attention from FAOT to the bandwagoners.

Marvel Zombies cult?
Captain America dead in the first cycle. Glad I'm not him.
1 NK? Let's keep up the good work, doctors and roleblockers.
Eculc? There's no way he'd tell us the truth if he had been converted to indy by the cube. But my bet is that the cube was a lie.
Roband? What's with your hammer post yesterday?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby flarpfreak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 pm UTC

eculc wrote:AFAIK no, I haven't received any information about the cube. I'm guessing It never actually existed.

so, my next question is, WTF happened roband? you said something unexpected was going to happen, and it did. so what did you do, or how did you know, or whatever?


Something would have happened if he had the hammer. Roband was the first to suggest the possibility of abilities surrounding the hammer, and then he told everyone to be careful around it. The odd thing is, three posts later, he said he would hammer FAOT, sort of going back on his earlier be careful statement.
Wait, what?

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby eculc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:51 pm UTC

well, I'm guessing scum knew the cube wasn't real. I was fully expecting to die last night because I hammered FaoT (somehow) and would recieve it. since I didn't die, either lataro seemed a better target than a D4 win, or they knew the cube wasn't real. I'm guessing the latter, since lataro only made one post anyways, but scum do probably have a rolecop that told them who he was.

so, since the only people mentioned as negative in lataro's post are FaoT and snark, and since FaoT is dead, FoS snark
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby greenlover » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 pm UTC

Snark wrote:Lesser FoSes: t1mm01994 and CaptainFinglass for trying to switch attention from FAOT to the bandwagoners.

I appreciate your analysis, Snark, but I question the wisdom of this. Bandwagoning isn't a good thing. It may have worked this time - but that doesn't mean its something we should do. It is possible that Tim and Finglass tried to switch the attention from FAOT to the bandwagoners because they were scum trying to save their buddy's hide, but its also perfectly possible that they are townies who recognize that bandwagoning is a bad idea. The fact FAOT flipped scum does take away some of the towny points from their action - but that doesn't change the fact that said action was still justified, because bandwagoning is not a good thing.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby eculc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:59 pm UTC

EBWO(belated)P: Roband was also mentioned by lataro, so FoS: Roband as well.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby matt96 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:04 am UTC

Ok ecluc, let me get this straight, you are saying that scum killed Lataro because he was Captain America, then you go and say they killed Lataro because he was on to them? Can you please make up your mind about this, also, why would scum get the results from a rolecop before they decide who to kill? In general, powers don't work like that, please clarify.

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 am UTC

I think that the Zombie strain wasn't a cult, but kind of like arsonist; he infects lots of people, and can at any one time activate all infected.

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 2: De-'Cap'-itation

Postby matt96 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 am UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:I think that the Zombie strain wasn't a cult, but kind of like arsonist; he infects lots of people, and can at any one time activate all infected.

Why do you think that the zombie thing is an arsonist type of power? Do you have some sort of justification as to why it might be that way?

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 1 - The Hardest Hanging

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Tue May 01, 2012 12:59 am UTC

Mainly a hunch, and the fact that I think arsonists are a ton of fun, but this made me suspicous
Vieto wrote:.
but never fully changed.

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 1 - The Hardest Hanging

Postby matt96 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:05 am UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:Mainly a hunch, and the fact that I think arsonists are a ton of fun, but this made me suspicous
Vieto wrote:.
but never fully changed.

That is reasonable, but when I read "but never fully changed" it reminded me of the time in Firefly Mafia when River had been targeted by the reaver recruit and a kill the same night.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimbobmacdoodle and 16 guests