Mafia Avengers - Game Over - Skrull Supremacy!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Snark » Sat May 19, 2012 12:06 am UTC

matt96 wrote:I'll tell you the same thing I told Lataro in PyPokemafia (with slight modification)
what kind of socks doctor's license are you going to eat, are they new socks doctor's license, ratty, dirty, old socks doctor's license that stink? Please be more specific.

I just got ninja'd again because I went back to eat more in the middle of typing up this post, and I think trineroks might be part of the skrull cult as trine apparently intentionally used the wrong format to vote for a confirmed skrull and Dark Avengers cult leader.

Call him scummy for not posting any content. Don't call him scummy for a formatting error.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

trineroks
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby trineroks » Sat May 19, 2012 12:26 am UTC

For those who are worried that I might've been culted, don't worry; I'm uncultable.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Snark » Sat May 19, 2012 12:27 am UTC

trineroks wrote:For those who are worried that I might've been culted, don't worry; I'm uncultable.


Yeah, I'm not worried at all anymore.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
flarpfreak
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm UTC
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby flarpfreak » Sat May 19, 2012 12:39 am UTC

VOTE Angua

We have a skrull right in front of us, no fuss at all, why not take the opportunity?
Wait, what?

User avatar
matt96
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm UTC
Location: A suburb of Boston

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby matt96 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:52 am UTC

flarpfreak wrote:VOTE Angua

We have a skrull right in front of us, no fuss at all, why not take the opportunity?

AHHH ANOTHER FORMATTING ERROR, RIGHT AFTER I POINTED OUT HOW SCUMMY (OR CULTY) IT IS TO FORMAT A VOTE ON CONFIRMED SCUM WRONG!!! this has just turned into wine, because scum would be cautious enough to avoid making that mistake, but town wouldn;t have a reason to format it wrong either.

User avatar
greenlover
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:56 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby greenlover » Sat May 19, 2012 1:31 am UTC

matt96 wrote:AHHH ANOTHER FORMATTING ERROR, RIGHT AFTER I POINTED OUT HOW SCUMMY (OR CULTY) IT IS TO FORMAT A VOTE ON CONFIRMED SCUM WRONG!!! this has just turned into wine, because scum would be cautious enough to avoid making that mistake, but town wouldn;t have a reason to format it wrong either.

...I don't think the mod is going to not count a vote do to a formatting error.

Anyway, I'm going to hold back on voting, because short days are typically bad for town. Even if the lynch is already decided, we should still try to generate some content to analyse at a future date.

trineroks
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 am UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby trineroks » Sat May 19, 2012 5:32 am UTC

why is matt so worked up over vote format? Votes just need to be in bold... who cares if you write "vote- player", "vote: player", "vote player", or in any other different format? I'm fairly confident my vote will go through.

MOD: does my vote have to follow the "vote: player" format, or will "vote- player" also count as a legitimate vote?

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby mpolo » Sat May 19, 2012 6:39 am UTC

@trineroks - that all depends on the mod. Some are sticklers for format, most are not. I don't quite understand matt's blowing up about it. Maybe he's PunctuationMan and gets power from correct punctuation…

An interesting point about T1mm's claim -- he says that the Dark Avengers asked him to join (and stubbed their toe), while Angua has been outed (by stubbing her toe) as a Skrull. This would seem to be confirmation of their being two cult-like structures, with Angua apparently being in both of them. Norman Osborn is the logical recruiter for the Dark Avengers, but not for the Skrulls. However, with Angua as a sure thing to get rid of a Skrull, it is probably the right move to lynch her.

Also, there is only one _additional_ Skrull today -- at some point in the day yesterday, our Mod was so kind as to point out that there were actually 3 active Skrulls.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5933
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Angua » Sat May 19, 2012 10:59 am UTC

Looks like I'm having a bad day.

I think matt is going with formatting errors just in case I'm not lynched due to lack of votes being counted or something. Given that you people seem unlikely to vote for anyone else at this point, matt should chill because the mod will point out the errors in the votals.

Anyway, I was thinking (not that it matters now) that if wam really was unrecruitable, then maybe roband's rehab doesn't work on them, therefore they wouldn't be lynched at a hammer, and wouldn't be townified. Then they would try and win as a 'confirmed townie' by just hiding in the background. (As I said, this doesn't really matter, but it was a puzzle that I was having a hard time figuring out).

Anyway, this is probably a good thing because I've got exams coming up this week. I won't be posting in this thread anymore - don't want to give the rest of the people in my faction away!

Vote: Angua

^Should be formatted well enough for matt ;)

Note to mod - if I have to keep posting, please feel free to prod me!

Over and out.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Adam H » Sat May 19, 2012 2:13 pm UTC

I think that's L-1, so roband needs to hammer. If anyone else hammers, you are scum.

I hope I have that right...
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Adam H » Sat May 19, 2012 2:16 pm UTC

EBWOP:

Also, Snark, you NEED to use your power. Otherwise I'll never believe that you weren't culted.
-Adam

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5933
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Angua » Sat May 19, 2012 2:28 pm UTC

You're better off just lynching me. I am kill-immune and definitely cultable, so if the skrulls had any sense, they'd just re-recruit me.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Adam H » Sat May 19, 2012 2:31 pm UTC

That's a nice sentiment (still playing to maximize skrulls odds of winning), but 1) I'd like to see if roband is still town. and 2) if you die, they can recruit someone else and we'll be down a player...

Unless I'm missing something, if someone hammers you, I'm assuming they're your scummate.
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Adam H » Sun May 20, 2012 5:05 pm UTC

Also, I think that Vieto would have put a mechanism in place to prevent an endless loop of cult recruits Angua, town recruits angua, cult recruits angua... My guess is that roband's power makes the hammered players uncultable.
-Adam

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby mpolo » Sun May 20, 2012 7:07 pm UTC

So, is roband going to be around to hammer?

RE: Whether we can trust Angua tomorrow -- I am assuming the roleblocks and such are kind of the mechanism to prevent endless cycles.
Image <-- Evil experiment

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Sun May 20, 2012 10:25 pm UTC

I have a follow arrow left, who should I use it on?

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Adam H » Mon May 21, 2012 1:45 am UTC

Snark would be my target. I'm 99% sure he's been culted and lost his ability.
-Adam

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Snark » Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 am UTC

You're gonna get a "No Result" though. I can guarantee it.

If you don't feel like wasting it, try someone else. For instance: Adam, I'm 99.8% sure he's been culted. 8)
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 21, 2012 2:57 am UTC

Should I put my arrow up to a vote?

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby roband » Mon May 21, 2012 7:54 am UTC

Sorry, it's been a long weekend.

Vote Angua

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 21, 2012 8:19 pm UTC

is he not counting the improperly formatted ones?

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5933
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Angua » Mon May 21, 2012 8:27 pm UTC

I don't think Vieto's been online this weekend (or today).
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 21, 2012 8:31 pm UTC

while we are waiting should we vote on my arrow?

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5933
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Angua » Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 pm UTC

I'll abstain, but y'all go right ahead.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 21, 2012 8:34 pm UTC

I wouldn't take your vote anyway, you are as confirmed skrull. why would anything you say be pro-town?

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Snark » Mon May 21, 2012 8:36 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:- The day ends at hammer, or the deadline set, even if a mod is unavailable to make a day end post at that time.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Adam H » Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 pm UTC

Well we do have somewhat of a dilemma, in that we don't really know if hammer has been reached. Did Angua's roleclaim void her vote? Seems unlikely, but it's certainly possible - the flavor makes it seem like she was responsible for her roleclaim. Also, were the badly formatted votes legit? Again, they almost certainly were, but if we're wrong then we'd have wasted precious daylight waiting around for Vieto.

So I think that we're probably OK talking. But I won't say anything of substance, just cause I don't want to be that guy.
-Adam

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 5 - Who will avenge the Avengers?

Postby Vieto » Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 am UTC

Votals

Angua - 7 - Adam, T1mm, Snark, Matt, Trine, Flarp, Angua


Explosions boomed outside, as the superheroes stormed the overtaken Shield headquarters, where the Skrull had realized his game was up. Still disguised as Osborn, he turned to take his own life, for the Skrull cause. He never even got his own comic.

Angua has been lynched. He was a skrull, who had taken the identity of Norman Osbourn. His secondary ability was the 'Iron Patriot'. He was the recruiter for the Dark Avengers, and the mafia traitor.

Note: even if someone's vote did not count, Roband's vote would have yielded the same result.

Night 5 has begun. Deadline in 2 days.

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 6 - Skrull invasion

Postby Vieto » Tue May 22, 2012 2:08 pm UTC

ebwop: actually, it would have worked. Not that it matters too much.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 6 - Skrull invasion

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue May 22, 2012 2:09 pm UTC

Just wondering; Night 6?

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 5 - Skrull invasion

Postby Vieto » Tue May 22, 2012 2:33 pm UTC

As I stated earlier, night 5.

Also, Angua requested a comic for their death, so I'll have one on D6.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 5 - Skrull invasion

Postby mpolo » Wed May 23, 2012 8:54 am UTC

Vieto: I'm going to be out of town from May 24 - 29. Hopefully the night and the weekend conspire to make this not a problem, but if it is, feel free to replace me.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Vieto
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm UTC
Location: Canada

Re: Mafia Avengers - Night 5 - Skrull invasion

Postby Vieto » Thu May 24, 2012 4:48 am UTC

Angua wanted a comic, so here it is.

Spoiler:
Image


Day 6. Deadline in 7 days. 11 players alive, 6 to lynch. Lylo.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby t1mm01994 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:29 am UTC

So guys, flip a coin; matt or Snark?

Servant-of_Christ
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Thu May 24, 2012 12:17 pm UTC

My coin says snark.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Thu May 24, 2012 1:35 pm UTC

Unless snark used his gotdang power last night, I'm assuming he lost it when he was culted. There's absolutely no reason not to use it if he's still town. And judging by his remarks late yesterday, he had no intention of using it.

Vote: Snark

It is absolutely time for everyone to claim the results of their night actions (don't claim role! We need every single vote we can get). As for me, I have no night actions, though I am immune to kills and cults (limited use).
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm UTC

EBWOP: and I think there's as good a chance as any that snark is skrull leader, btw.
-Adam

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby roband » Thu May 24, 2012 1:37 pm UTC

I was role blocked again guys. So my vote isn't going to townify anyone.

Vote Snark

Of the two, I think he is the bigger problem.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby Adam H » Thu May 24, 2012 6:55 pm UTC

Comon guys. Lurking really really helps cult at this point. Everyone has a solid claim, and the only way to find cult is to catch them in a lie.

So start talking.
-Adam

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 6 - Battle for Earth

Postby roband » Thu May 24, 2012 7:00 pm UTC

I don't really know what to say. Matt has been fairly quiet throughout this game, based on memory, which makes him a bad choice for cult to take (yeah that's winey, but I would imagine cult would take those who post regularly - to try and control the lynch and direction of chatting).
Thinking about it, that probably incriminates ME - but I wouldn't have bought this up, were that the case.

So yeah, by asking me to post Adam, you've made me post wine. Sorry.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests