Mafia Avengers - Game Over - Skrull Supremacy!

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Snark

Re: Mafia Avengers - Day 4 - Not as good as the movie.

Postby Snark » Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 pm UTC

Daykill one of them. If the other was lying, lynch them. If the other was telling the truth, hold additional conversations about whether they still should be lynched or not.

Another way to determine their townieness/scumminess is to have them claim which character they are.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

roband

Postby roband » Mon May 14, 2012 4:14 pm UTC

Why not converse about it now?

If wam is scum, do we lynch ahammel?
If wam is cult, we DO lynch ahammel.
If wam is town, we DO lynch ahammel.
If ahammel is scum, we do NOT lynch wam.
If ahammel is cult, do we lynch wam?
if ahammel is town, we DO lynch wam.

Those are the only options.

Well, wam could be cult and ahammel could be scum lying, I suppose. I'll edit that one in.

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm UTC

wam wrote:At no point did I ever recieve notification that I was followed. The claim that he was roleblocked or followed a Ninja on N1 thing is rather convieniant.

It's actually hugely inconvenient. It would be really nice to have somebody confirm my claim right now.

But anyway, it doesn't matter becuase we have Adam's daykill. He can execute one of us, we'll get a rolename and alignment flip and then town can judge whether or not to lynch the other based on that.

I won't chime in on the issue of who to daykill, for wine reasons. If it's going to be me, though, I'd appreciate it if Adam could annouce that he's made a decision before pulling the trigger so I can do a full roleclaim.

Double-ninja'd. I'll roleclaim if there's a consensus that I should. I'd prefer to keep scum in the dark about my powers if possible, though.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 4:19 pm UTC

EBWOP: that last line shoud read "I'll roleclaim now if there's a consensus that I should", etc.
He/Him/His/Alex

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon May 14, 2012 4:41 pm UTC

roband wrote:Why not converse about it now?

1. If wam is scum, do we lynch ahammel?
2. If wam is cult, we DO lynch ahammel.
3. If wam is town, we DO lynch ahammel.
4. If ahammel is scum, we do NOT lynch wam.
5. If ahammel is cult, do we lynch wam?
6. If ahammel is town, we DO lynch wam.

Those are the only options.

Well, wam could be cult and ahammel could be scum lying, I suppose. I'll edit that one in.

1. ahammel is either town or cult. He's more likely to be cult than the average townie given his post about zombies. But if he was cult, he wouldn't have been so obvious about it. I'd say don't lynch him unless we can't find a better target before day end.
2. Of course.
3. Of course.
4. Of course.
5. If ahammel is cult and was lying about seeing wam kill Woopate, he's betting his life on the fact that 1. wam will get lynched first, and 2. wam is scum. I'm guessing that ahammel did see wam kill Woopate or at least visit him. So yeah, I'd say lynch wam. Unless ahammel was willing to do a 1/1 trade with town. Which seems unlikely.
6. Of course.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon May 14, 2012 6:28 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:Because of my pretty imba ability I think that cult might have unrestricted growth. The fact that we haven't killed any yet (except what about ultron???) terrifies me.

As terrifying as it may seem, there seem to be at least two cults. That there was an Ultron cult was clear from his death message. From Captain Latarica's death message, we know that there is a culting mechanism involving zombies, though ahammel claimed that we don't have to worry about the zombie vector that got Cap any more.

Now we have people saying that there is an actively growing cult -- would that be a third cult, or are the zombies active after all. It would be nice if ahammel could explain why he was convinced that Cap's zombification vector was nullified. (And whether he is still so convinced.)
Image <-- Evil experiment

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:It would be nice if ahammel could explain why he was convinced that Cap's zombification vector was nullified. (And whether he is still so convinced.)
This.

Actually, ahammel, you better start defending yourself if you want to get out of dying today.
-Adam

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 pm UTC

mpolo wrote:=Now we have people saying that there is an actively growing cult -- would that be a third cult, or are the zombies active after all. It would be nice if ahammel could explain why he was convinced that Cap's zombification vector was nullified. (And whether he is still so convinced.)

Because I sort of, *ahem* accidentally zombified Cap.

I'm Deadpool. I have a secondary ability which I used on Lataro N1. In the process I *ahem* bit him, upon which I leared that I was a carrier for the zombie virus, but am immune to its effects myself (presumably because of my mutant healing factor). I then, according to the mod, went to the doctor and am now cured of the zombie virus. I haven't zombified anybody else, and Cap got killed before he could make with the brain-eating, so unless there's a totally independent route of infection, there are no more zombies.
He/Him/His/Alex

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:28 pm UTC

Nope, not buying it. I'm going for the ahammel kill in this case.

greenlover

Postby greenlover » Mon May 14, 2012 7:48 pm UTC

Assuming ahammel's claim is true (which its probably not), since when is deadpool a protown character? During the Marvel game, he was a sk - I wouldn't be surprised if he was some other sort of anti-town role now. I'm definitely for a ahammel kill unless I see some conclusive evidence that Deadpool is pro-town.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon May 14, 2012 8:05 pm UTC

Wow do we really have another HILARIOUS claim that initially makes me go "that is way too ballsy to be scum"? Unbelievable...

I think ahammel's claim is almost certainly partially true. But there's a good chance he's SK, or not as healed as he says/thinks.
-Adam

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 pm UTC

Hmm, this is going south pretty rapidly. Oh well, I wasn't really expecting to be believed in full. To reiterate: I'm totally ok with getting lynched or daykilled if that'll confirm some of my claims (and get wam, who, I repeat, definitely killed woop) killed as well.

I'll be away from my computer for a few hours, so I might as well make a full claim. My secondary power is PM-reading, which I used on Lataro N1. He mason-recruited somebody. It wasn't clear who from my PM's (which are substantially garbled), but I think it was either Snark or roband (Lataro mentioned a power claim). If one of you guys could speak up and confirm that, that would be great. I also learned that if he voted for somebody, had the ability to either lynch the person with the second most votes along with the lynchee or do something else which I can't decipher (my PM's are garbled, remember). Last night I read Adam's PM's, or rather I would have if he had sent any, which he didn't.

Yeah, Deadpool is town in this game. Flavour justification is that I'm filling in for Spidey. He's been both good guy and bad guy in the comics source.

In case Adam daykills me while I'm away, my last will and testament instructs you to not worry about the zombies, and to remember that, I can't emphasize this enough, wam killed Woopate.

T1mm, deatails on still-active cult please? Flavour says the Ultrons are dead.

Ninja'd:
@Adam: my PM explicitly states that I'm virus-free. If I'm not we're venturing into bastard-mod territory. Of course, it will presumably be confirmed if/when I'm killed today (which is, I admit, starting to look quite attractive from a town perspective. Just kill wam too.)
He/Him/His/Alex

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon May 14, 2012 8:50 pm UTC

I can confirm that I am the only surviving member of the Avengers. Lataro and I did discuss powers (despite being told by the mod that listeners were possible, we didn't try to encode anything).

mpolo

Postby mpolo » Mon May 14, 2012 8:51 pm UTC

EBWOP: That is, I was recruited into the Avengers end of Day1, becoming active N1.

flarpfreak
Location: Next to a salty body of water, no, it's not the ocean

Postby flarpfreak » Mon May 14, 2012 9:15 pm UTC

I say we kill ahammel and then lynch wam, it would be way easier and at worst the town gets a 1 for 1 trade, not bad
Wait, what?

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 pm UTC

flarpfreak wrote:I say we kill ahammel and then lynch wam, it would be way easier and at worst the town gets a 1 for 1 trade, not bad

Not that I'm against this plan, but is there any particular reason that your way would be simpler than killing wam and then lynching me?
He/Him/His/Alex

flarpfreak

Postby flarpfreak » Mon May 14, 2012 9:31 pm UTC

ahammel wrote:
flarpfreak wrote:I say we kill ahammel and then lynch wam, it would be way easier and at worst the town gets a 1 for 1 trade, not bad

Not that I'm against this plan, but is there any particular reason that your way would be simpler than killing wam and then lynching me?

No not really, that was just the order I put it down in, either way things will clear up, but day killing you would tell us if you're faction, which might give more context on wam.
Wait, what?

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 14, 2012 9:48 pm UTC

daykilling ahammel will make wam's position clearer, and ahammel's clever way of trying to dodge death makes him smell of scum.
daykill: ahammel

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 9:53 pm UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:daykilling ahammel will make wam's position clearer, and ahammel's clever way of trying to dodge death makes him smell of scum.

"Clever way of trying to dodge death"? Are you refering to the part where I asked to be either daykilled or lynched?
He/Him/His/Alex

flarpfreak

Postby flarpfreak » Mon May 14, 2012 9:58 pm UTC

ahammel wrote:
Servant-of_Christ wrote:daykilling ahammel will make wam's position clearer, and ahammel's clever way of trying to dodge death makes him smell of scum.

"Clever way of trying to dodge death"? Are you refering to the part where I asked to be either daykilled or lynched?

I think he's suspicious because you sounded like you would prefer to be lynched.
Wait, what?

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 10:03 pm UTC

flarpfreak wrote:I think he's suspicious because you sounded like you would prefer to be lynched.

Oh, I see. No, either way is fine, really. Just make sure you lynch wam.
He/Him/His/Alex

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 14, 2012 10:03 pm UTC

Right, and lynching is later, therefore a stall while you think of an excuse.

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 14, 2012 10:08 pm UTC

flarpfreak wrote:
ahammel wrote:

I think he's suspicious because you sounded like you would prefer to be lynched.

Yeah especially just after roband had said

roband wrote:wam, by not wanting to be killed here, you're as good as claiming that you're scum - you know that right?

Nice timing ahammel. I also think that you are probably deadpool and that you got lataro, but I dont believe that you didn't keep recruiting.

Also I don't want to be killed as I am an unrecruitable town and therefore if we are facing a large cult faction I will be very valuable.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Postby ahammel » Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm UTC

I'm amused that you think that I could possibly have anything else up my sleeve. But, fair enough.
He/Him/His/Alex

flarpfreak

Postby flarpfreak » Mon May 14, 2012 10:11 pm UTC

ahammel wrote:I'm amused that you think that I could possibly have anything else up my sleeve. But, fair enough.

This is mafia, everybody has something else up their sleeve
Wait, what?

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 14, 2012 10:11 pm UTC

sorry you ninja'd me, my post seems kind of silly now.

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 pm UTC

wam wrote: Also I don't want to be killed as I am an unrecruitable town and therefore if we are facing a large cult faction I will be very valuable.

is this possible? sounds kind of fishy.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 pm UTC

Spoiler:

ahammel is dead! He was Deadpool, and was filling in for Spiderman (deadpool was the secondary ability). He was a member of The Dark Avengers, a cult.

13 players alive, 7 to lynch.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:
wam wrote: Also I don't want to be killed as I am an unrecruitable town and therefore if we are facing a large cult faction I will be very valuable.

is this possible? sounds kind of fishy.

It's called making up crap when you're in danger of being lynched/daykilled. If wam really isn't scum, then he'd wait to defend himself until after ahammel's death is processed, and we learn whether he really is a watcher and what his alignment is.

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 14, 2012 10:23 pm UTC

Erm snark if you would like to check my first post of this day, I said I was unrecruitable town.

I would also like to point out that I have also found both cult players we have lynched so far.

Also what was with ahammels dying, I didn't see a public vote by adam H?

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 pm UTC

Which means it's the same killer as day one, which erm.. Should be you.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 pm UTC

Ok. Ninja'd by the mod in my last post.

So we didn't get told whether he had a watching ability. And he turned up cult.

I'm not passing judgment until Adam answers this question:

You still have a day-kill handy?

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 14, 2012 10:29 pm UTC

Wasn't me. Mine was one shot only im afraid and If I did have one, I think I would have killed ahammel a lot earlier.

Which means we have at least one more day kill in play. Anyone want to claim?

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 pm UTC

Nope wasn't me.

I have a kill cocked and ready to go.
-Adam

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 pm UTC

If it's wam, I wouldn't count on it. Quite sure it's not him we want now
I'm sorry for being all non-explaining, but I've got my limits in speaking.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 pm UTC

So who would want ahammel dead when they knew it was a good chance that Adam was going to kill him soon anyways?

A townie? Not likely. The only reason would be that Adam was taking too long.
A cult-buddy of ahammel's? That makes no sense. They'd have killed wam.
wam? Likely enough. Wanted to make sure that ahammel was killed first just in case his death info made people doubt his story.
wam's scummy buddy? Likely enough. See previous line.
Scum who have no part with ahammel or wam? Unlikely. Why would they waste a kill that was going to be taken care of for them?

I'm calling wam or a buddy of wam's did it.

@Adam
My daykill vote of wam still stands. And if you prefer not to do that,

Vote: wam

flarpfreak

Postby flarpfreak » Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 pm UTC

Snark wrote:So who would want ahammel dead when they knew it was a good chance that Adam was going to kill him soon anyways?

A townie? Not likely. The only reason would be that Adam was taking too long.
A cult-buddy of ahammel's? That makes no sense. They'd have killed wam.
wam? Likely enough. Wanted to make sure that ahammel was killed first just in case his death info made people doubt his story.
wam's scummy buddy? Likely enough. See previous line.
Scum who have no part with ahammel or wam? Unlikely. Why would they waste a kill that was going to be taken care of for them?

I'm calling wam or a buddy of wam's did it.

@Adam
My daykill vote of wam still stands. And if you prefer not to do that,

Vote: wam

I agree, as I said before, we should kill them both because at the very worst, it's a 1 for 1 trade for town, which I highly doubt.

Vote Wam
Wait, what?

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon May 14, 2012 10:45 pm UTC

I was going to wait until ahammel got day killed, but since wam has done a terrible job defending himself
vote:wam

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon May 14, 2012 10:47 pm UTC

Hey, sorry about that. I made a clerical error and accidently confused SoC's bolded 'vote' with Adam's post. I can't revive ahammel, so I've done some other recourse elsewhere. I hope this does not influence things too much.

wam

Postby wam » Mon May 14, 2012 10:50 pm UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:I was going to wait until ahammel got day killed, but since wam has done a terrible job defending himself
vote:wam

Really, everything I have said has come true. What bit of it was terrible?

Also wait for what until ahammel got day killed? Why had you made your mind up before you got the extra information on that?

This is such a bandwaggoning vote so

Vote:servant of christ

erm ninjad by the mod

Snark I think that removes your reasoning. Still want to lynch me?

Return to “Mafia”