Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby UniqueScreenname » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm UTC

I am going to confess, despite the fact that I will become an easy target either for zombies or for lynching, but I want town to adjust to it quickly so that we can spend less time arguing about it and more time looking for the mafia. I am the Head of Security. I am town. And I have an NK power. The first night I didn't use it because no one was obviously scummy and after D2 I was told I was now a compulsive Head of Security. I killed fshfood and JSO. I was suspicious of fshfood because not only didn't she vote for Matt D1, she voted along with the people I considered the scummiest aka Snark and Matt. Last night, though, I killed JSO for two reasons. One, because he was going to be a zombie, but two, because we didn't know whether or not NKs made people into zombies. I figured if he turned into a living zombie after I killed him, I could say surely (albeit with less evidence in my favor) that the mafia were not responsible for making the zombies. I would say now, since he died, that either mafia killed him before I got to him, or mafia are infecting people and simply making it through the day turns people into zombies. Either way, I'm positive now that mafia is responsible for the zombies.

Now, I will try to do whatever I can to convince you I am telling the truth. I would like to stay alive. I get half a win if I make it to the end of the game and half if town wins. So while I know lynching me will clear everything, 1) I'm the only one AFAIK that can kill the zombies, 2) it will get rid of town, and 3) I would really like a full win. I would also like to request being protected, as if I get infected, I won't be town anymore and I won't be able to kill zombies. However, I completely understand that is not my decision in the least.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
Chickenfish
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby Chickenfish » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:17 am UTC

So I investigated t1mm and got a mafia result, and didn't hear any night chat. Even though my result on JSO was correct, I'm happy to disregard the t1mm result as null, but the fact I didn't hear night chat strongly implies to me that zombies could chat, and now any scum factions remaining have 1 member. As for the rest of everything... need to think

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby mpolo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:50 am UTC

Maybe both kills fell on JSO? (One kill made him a zombie, the second killed him outright?)

I am gone until Monday.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby t1mm01994 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 am UTC

Vieto, talk to me.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby KrO2 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:22 am UTC

Vieto's gone; I'm him now. Ish. I was gone during the weekend, but it looks like I didn't miss too much being posted.

US's claim makes me feel pretty stupid. I was really sure we had mafia and now both kills are explained. It's still possible but it's not completely necessary anymore.
US, a couple of clarifications: Why do you say you wouldn't be able to kill zombies if you became one? Last I saw you thought zombies would keep their powers? The only way I can think of for this to make sense is if you believe our zombie witness about all zombies being vanilla and not about zombies not knowing who the others are.
The other thing, why are you positive mafia are responsible for making zombies? Thanks to your claim, I'm not even positive they still exist. Maybe I missed something, but I had assumed JSO was a zombie all along, not a zombie-in-waiting, and I also assumed other people would think the same. Yeah, assuming that about what other people would think is probably dumb, but I don't see where mafia are necessary here.

I'm not sure what I should say about CF's results. Since I was just talking about whether mafia exist I can't just ignore that guilty result, but I'm not sure what to make of it. I did think that if mafia existed it was likely roband, and didn't really expect this. What are the odds we have two mafia left?
So this is just a placeholder comment saying that I don't know what to think.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:55 am UTC

KrO2 wrote:US, a couple of clarifications: Why do you say you wouldn't be able to kill zombies if you became one? Last I saw you thought zombies would keep their powers?
Simply stated, if I was a zombie, I wouldn't be working against my own faction. I suppose at that point my win condition would change and I wouldn't want to kill zombies anymore, but at the moment I still do.
The other thing, why are you positive mafia are responsible for making zombies? Thanks to your claim, I'm not even positive they still exist. Maybe I missed something, but I had assumed JSO was a zombie all along, not a zombie-in-waiting
I was just going off what JSO said. Also, I always knew that the mafia was not responsible for the NKs, so they must have been doing something. I'm not sure what their hand in it is exactly, but if they don't have an NK, that we can see anyway, they must be responsible for the zombies.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:02 am UTC

Bleh. KrO2, who did you (vieto) target each night?

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby Adam H » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:35 pm UTC

KrO2 has indeed replaced Vieto.

(my day post thought my night post said it, and my night post thought my day post said it... you know how it goes...)
-Adam

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby KrO2 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:34 pm UTC

Who did we target? Not to get panicky, but I don't remember either of us claiming anything at all. And I don't want to go from zero to full claim if I don't have to.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:19 pm UTC

No need to claim anything EXCEPT your targets. That's all I ask for.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby KrO2 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:39 pm UTC

OK, I feel like this is somehow a bad idea but I'm going to go along with it anyway. N1, Vieto targeted JSO. D2, he targeted Chickenfish. N3, I targeted JSO again. I don't really know what you're hoping to do with just that information, but I guess I've just revealed that I do have a targetable role.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby t1mm01994 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:09 pm UTC

Track all of Vieto's posts. One of them suggests that there's 2 doctors, which to me was a pretty clear hint he was a doctor, because apart from that the idea is quite absurd. JSO could not target himself, so he just might be sane, but more importantly, he was a zombie, so he can't be involved in the zombie creating process. As I've said before, it's probable that one of the doctors was sane and the other was in fact a zombie creator; the reason why I didn't want to get docced.
So erm, I think we should get KrO2 first, and then on to Chickenfish... That should be enough to win this game. US, if you would be so nice to take out CF?

Vote: KrO2

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 pm UTC

I've been thinking about it, and I want to switch from me believing mafia is involved in it, and say I think non-zombie scum are involved. I forget that people consider the term mafia as specific to the main scum faction, when I often attribute it to all anti-town. It very easily could be a mad scientist acting on his own, especially since Chickenfish didn't hear anything, although if he heard something two nights ago, that would indicate there's at least one member of the mafia left, unless the mafioso was talking to himself.

Ninja'd. Right now, I am of the opinion that Chickenfish is paranoid. He's gotten scum results back on everyone. Did you get any pertinent results back last night to prove me wrong?
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby KrO2 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:27 pm UTC

Tim is completely right about there being two doctors. Same position title, too, like Vieto implied earlier. I am a Lab Technician and the role PM says I have the ability to target a player to protect them from zombification. That was why I targeted JSO N3, because just in case he was telling the truth about not being a zombie yet I might be able to keep him from turning; this is part of the reason I don't believe that part of his claim.

But it sounds like you already believe that part, and think I'm insane and am accidentally creating zombies. Maybe you're right; if so I wouldn't have been told about it obviously. But I have a better suggestion. I am not a compulsive doctor. If you think this is strong enough to lynch someone, then lynch Chickenfish and I can withhold my power for the rest of the game. If he's a zombie then I'm insane and will continue not using my power, if he's not then I am sane and it's safe to resume it. I don't quite agree that it is strong enough for a lynch, but if "KrO2 is town but insane" is your theory then lynching CF is strictly better. To want me dead you have to think I'm also anti-town.

The fact that I'm not compulsive is one reason I don't think zombies are created by anyone who isn't evil. It'd be too easy to stop once it gets figured out, or even suspected. Like now. So I still think whoever is creating the zombies knows what they're doing.

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby mpolo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:07 pm UTC

Interesting development on the KrO2 front. There is at least a reasonable circumstantial argument for him being the source of zombies, but he claims that he is not scum and can stop creating zombies if that's what he's doing. I guess the big question would be whether we can trust him for another night. We don't know how many zombies there are, as well, so they might be one night from controlling the lynch at this point.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby Adam H » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:57 pm UTC

Votals:
KrO2 - 1 (t1mm01994)

Deadline in 22 hours.
-Adam

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 am UTC

Ok, I've reread most of the thread, so I think I know where everyone's coming from now. If Snark was telling the truth about the numbers, there are either two or three zombies today, depending on whether zombies can recruit. Also, I'm considering the idea that zombification takes away people's powers, because JSO came up as a zombie and not a zombie doctor, but that is far from conclusive.

If zombies can't recruit, then I think KrO2's proposal makes sense, we will definitely be able to get him tomorrow, although I don't know how that will help us to get rid of a messed up town member, although there's also the possibility that he is scum, but that suggestion doesn't scream scum to me. I may be wrong though. I try not to speak in absolutes.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
Chickenfish
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby Chickenfish » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:33 am UTC

I wish I had more time to contribute, but this quick post will have to do:

I've been told explicitly that zombies don't have jobs, so presumably that means if somebody is turned zombie (is that's what's happening?) they lose the associated powers.
While I've gotten all scum results, one of them was JSO as a zombie which was correct, and the other 2 players are alive so there's no real wy to say I'm completely paranoid.
I'm going to

Vote: t1mm

as my vote for today (can't imagine being on again before deadline). His suggested method for killing people for today was "kill Vieto/KrO2 for being seemingly insane doctor and Chickenfish because his sanity also is off." If you think I'm straight up lying to you that's a different story, but you've never once suggested that's the case. Also the last time I saw you take the "ok everyone here's how we're gonna play this" stance was the last zombie game as scum.
To add to it I'm finding it hard to ignore the apparent links between the night chat I heard and t1mm.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby KrO2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 am UTC

I never really saw much of a slam-dunk connection between those snippets and Tim. I guess Chickenfish won't be on, but could someone who does see it say what that argument is?

Actually, I had some issue with most of the points in that last paragraph. Yes, we don't know for sure that CF is paranoid, but the constant guilty verdicts have to raise some eyebrows. Especially since sanity isn't 100%, we'd be fools to attach too much weight to those. Also, T1m didn't suggest killing CF because of sanity; that was because of CF's potential zombieness. I'm not going to argue with the meta argument because that's probably better left for Tim.

Vote: Chickenfish

because I was surprised how fast the deadline was sneaking up, and I've got to vote for someone. I don't think the ulterior motive of wanting to find out my sanity had too much to do with it. The one thing I don't like about this vote is that he's unlikely to have a chance to defend himself, so if anyone would like to pick this apart and/or defend CF, please do so and I'll try not to consider it scummy.

Spoiler:
I feel like I've got weak suspicions of most people in this game. That's the reverse of my usual problem, so I'm not too unhappy with it.

For instance, I'm kind of suspecting that Tim might be a zombie. Not mafia, despite the cop result, because of things like
t1mm01994 wrote:he [JSO] was a zombie, so he can't be involved in the zombie creating process.
Unless I've missed something (always a possibility, now more than usual), we don't know this. It does seem to be the dominant theory at the moment, and I'd probably agree with it, but I certainly wouldn't take it for granted, especially when suggesting two lynch targets. But a zombie would know what zombies can't do.

I haven't forgotten about the possibility of roband being mafia. That FoS I posted earlier is still out there, since roband did bring up the possibility of no mafia existing pretty much out of left field. I kinda dropped this after US' claim overshadowed it, but actually I think it's still relevant.

[username] hasn't posted at all D4, and mpolo only repeated what others had said. Those could easily be due to the day falling mostly over the weekend, though. I'm not really considering voting for either of them.

Even US could be using "compulsive vig" as a convenient claim for "mafia." That strikes me as unlikely, though, because she didn't really need to claim.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby roband » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:08 am UTC

I understand that you think I'm scum, but I can't let that change how I'm going to approach this point of the game.

I basically think Tim and Kr02 have got the game all worked out. It could be that the bastardry mentioned at the start of the game is that all roles are insane.

User avatar
roband
Posts: 2545
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm UTC
Location: UK

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby roband » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 am UTC

I'm only gonna be online sporadically over the next 5 days. I should be able to check in every 36 hours or so, as long as that's permissible? If not, replace me please :)

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:28 am UTC

In that case, US, if you'd be so kind to take out KrO2?
Unvote
Vote: Chickenfish

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby mpolo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:35 am UTC

Let's go for it then.

Vote: Chickenfish
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 am UTC

Vote: Chickenfish

Isn't much more to say.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - D4: Epidemic

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:04 am UTC

Oh, that's the hammer by the way.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - N4: Left for Dead

Postby Adam H » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:54 pm UTC

End of Day 4


Final Votals:
Chickenfish - 4 (KrO2, t1mm01994, mpolo, UniqueScreenname)
t1mm01994 - 1 (Chickenfish)


Chickenfish... You're fire'd. (get it get it get it?)

Just a heads up: the six of you still alive will be staying here, but myself and a couple other of your bosses are leaving. Don't worry, we'll almost certainly come back to save you. It's just that if the epidemic spreads more than it already has, you wouldn't want the important people to catch it, right? So... carry on then!


Chickenfish has been lynched. His role will be revealed in the morning.

It is now Night 4. Please send in your actions. Deadline is in 48 hours, though I’ll start early if I can.
-Adam

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby Adam H » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:24 pm UTC

Game Over – Town Wins

“Hey! Everyone! Get over here!” UniqueScreenname shrieks at the top of her lungs from far off in the labyrinthine hallways of the facility. Roband, mpolo, [username], and t1mm run towards the sound of her voice, and end up at a shocking scene. USN is pointing a pistol at KrO2. KrO2 has dark stains all over the front of his shirt, but doesn’t appear to be hurt. He seems quite calm, and when he speaks, his voice is even and strong.

“Come on now, USN, let me explain.” KrO2 says.

UniqueScreenname shoots him in the chest. KrO2 stumbles back a step and a small spot of fresh blood appears on his chest, but then he recovers and rolls his eyes. “Listen to me!” He says, irritated. “JSO and I were experimenting on each other. We found an incredible drug! It gives your body healing properties and you can no longer feel pain! It’s amazing!”

The humans exchange glances. Zombie!!!

[Username] steps forward gingerly. “KrO2,” he begins, compassion burning from his eyes, “I ran some experiments using Snark’s blood. There’s more to this virus than you know.”

KrO2 shivers but doesn’t speak. [Username] continues, “I injected a mouse with the virus. I thought I killed it, but sometime that night it woke up and the next day I found it… eating its own legs. It wasn’t just self mutilation, though. The creature was wild. Insane. Demonic…” [Username] reaches a hand out as if to touch KrO2 on the shoulder, but stops well away from him. “I dissected the mouse’s brain, and immediately I could tell… it’s evil, KrO2. I’m sorry, but the virus will eventually change you completely.”

“There’s more. It’s incredibly contagious. We can’t allow you to remain alive.” With that, [username] nods at USN and steps away from the horrified half-zombie.

*BAM BAM BAM* Multiple shots to the head do the trick. KrO2 dies, and with him dies the last threat to the XKCD Lab employees.

Town wins! Congratulations to roband, [username], UniqueScreenname, t1mm, fshfood, Chickenfish, and mpolo


Epilogue…
2 years after the zombie scare at XKCD labs, the disgraced CEO Adam H gets run over by a car, and is pronounced dead on the scene. 12 hours later, he wakes up in a morgue with an insatiable appetite for BRAAAAAAINS!!


Setup and actions will be posted in a bit...
-Adam

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby mpolo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:30 pm UTC

Yay! A win as vanilla town!

Thanks for the game. You had us guessing for the whole time.
Image <-- Evil experiment

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 pm UTC

Yes! I almost didn't do it, too. KrO2, you can be really convincing. But, since I know that, I just did what seemed necessary. I'm so happy I was right!
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
t1mm01994
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
Location: San Francisco.. Wait up, I'll tell you some tales!

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby t1mm01994 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:44 pm UTC

Wheee :)

User avatar
Adam H
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby Adam H » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:19 pm UTC

Game Setup:
Spoiler:
Players are either human, potential zombies, or zombies. All players except the two test subjects start as humans. The two test subjects are potential zombies. Humans and potential zombies are identical except when night-killed. Humans stay dead, while potential zombies turn into zombies during the night they are killed (lynching potential zombies removes them from the game, same as humans and zombies). The night-killer will be told that their attack on a potential zombie was successful (but the target will not be dead the following day).

Zombies do not know the names of the other zombies, but at the end of each night they are told how many are in the game. Zombies can be killed by NKs or lynches. Their win condition is to survive and eliminate all humans. Zombies also lose their job title, so if a cop targets them and gets a “zombie” result, they are not told the job title.

If one mafia turns into a zombie, the mafia retains their night chat and night kill. The remaining human Mafioso isn’t told if their partner turns into a zombie. If there are no more human mafia, then the zombified mafia loses the night kill. If the godfather is zombified, he loses his godfather ability.

Roles:

2 Lab Technicians (Vieto/KrO2 and JSO): These are both insane. The Lab Techs are told that each night their target receives an antivirus that protects them from disease. What actually happens, though, is that the antivirus turns humans into potential zombies, and turns potential zombies into zombies. Zombies are unaffected by the antivirus.

2 Test Subjects (mpolo and Snark): Vanilla Townies who unwittingly start off as potential zombies.

1 Ph.D. ([username]): a sane cop who is told either Zombie or Healthy. Potential zombies and mafia return “Healthy”.

1 Accountant (t1mm01994): a sane cop who is told either Mafia or non-Mafia (zombies return non-mafia even if they were once mafia).

1 Janitor (fshfood): A sane cop who is told the job title and faction. E.g. “Town Accountant”, or “Zombie”.

1 Administrative Assistant (Chickenfish): A paranoid cop and insane listener. If their target is anti-town, the result is true (job title as well, if mafia). If their target is town, they are told randomly either Zombie or Mafia (as well as true job title). They also received snatches of night conversations that were made up by the mod, or actual scum-chat twisted around to be misleading.

1 Head of Security (UniqueScreenname): Vigilante. Can night kill once a night. Turns into compulsive vig if mafia is eliminated.

1 Security Guard (roband): Vanilla Town.

1 Mafia Janitor (matt96): Immune to mafia investigations. The Admin Assistant would get a random result of either Zombie or Mafia, as if the Mafia Janitor were town.

1 Mafia Scientist (wam): Vanilla mafia.


The order that night actions are resolved is, from first to last:
Lab Technician antivirus (simultaneous)
NK (simultaneous)
Cop (simultaneous)

Therefore, if a Lab Tech, the zombie-cop, the vig, and the mafia all target a human, the target turns into a potential zombie from the antivirus, one of the NKs turns the target into a full zombie, and the other NK successfully kills the player. The zombie-cop is told that the player is a zombie (which would only matter as a clue to their sanity).


Actions:
Spoiler:
N1
wam (vanilla mafia) attacks Snark. Snark turns into zombie.
Vieto/KrO2 and JSO (insane doctors) target each other. Vieto/KrO2 and JSO turn into potential zombies.
[username] (zombie cop) targets Snark, gets "zombie" result.
T1mm01994 (mafia cop) targets wam, gets "mafia" result.
fshfood (cop) targets roband, gets "Town Security Guard" result.
Chickenfish (paranoid cop) targets roband, gets "Mafia Security Guard" result.
UniqueScreenname (vig) withholds kill.

N2
Vieto/KrO2 and JSO (insane doctors) target each other. They turn into zombies.
[username] (zombie cop) targets roband, gets "healthy" result.
t1mm (mafia cop) targets [username], gets "not mafia" result.
Chickenfish (paranoid cop) targets JSO, gets "zombie" result.
UniqueScreenname (vig) turns compulsive, targets fshfood, fshfood dies.

N3
[username] (zombie cop) targets roband, gets "healthy" result.
Chickenfish (paranoid cop) targets t1mm, gets "Mafia Accountant" result
UniqueScreenname (vig) targets JSO, JSO dies.

N4
UniqueScreenname (vig) targets KrO2, KrO2 dies
-Adam

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:27 pm UTC

Making both doctors insane is dirty, dirty, dirty.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby KrO2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:48 pm UTC

I knew I should have argued more against Tim. I thought I might be able to get US to kill him instead of me, but focussed on not getting lynched and forgot about the other kill. The game would have been half unwinnable anyway, though.

User avatar
UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 pm UTC
Location: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:04 pm UTC

If you hadn't been my drone in Shadowrun, I would have killed him. But I was able to really see how good you were at making yourself believable, so I voted for you because I was more scared of you than I was of Tim.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby KrO2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 pm UTC

Thanks, I'm flattered.
The stuff I was suggesting was supposed to be legitimately better from town's point of view, but I couldn't think of a good way to implicate Tim. Actually I tend to be scared of Tim the same way, probably because one of the first games I read was the other zombie game, so that delayed me attacking him here.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby wam » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:24 pm UTC

Yeah good game adam, cheers.

As mentioned in spoilers me and matt are clearly useless as a scum team. Also I did ask in a spoiler but Tim what made you investigate me on N1? Just trying to improve my scum play!
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
KrO2
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby KrO2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:41 pm UTC

Were potential zombies told they were potential zombies? The real reason I didn't believe JSO when he said that was that I didn't think he'd know about it if it were true, and the only zombification-related PM Vieto got was saying that he had fully become a zombie.

User avatar
Snark
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby Snark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 pm UTC

I take solace in the fact that I was targeted with the NK N1. As VT, that was my primary goal.

Other than that, I had fun even though I lost. Thanks for the game, Adam.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?


Avatar by Matt

User avatar
mpolo
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm UTC
Location: Germany

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby mpolo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 am UTC

I can tell you that it was a surprise to me to learn that I was a potential zombie. I did replace in, but I think that would have been mentioned if I were supposed to know it.
Image <-- Evil experiment

jonydec
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:51 am UTC

Re: Rise of the Zombies - Game Over: Town Wins

Postby jonydec » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:06 am UTC

Kudo is most likely also mafia, but let's get rid of Rag first.

Vote for him so we won't autoabstain.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimbobmacdoodle and 16 guests