1. You may only talk about this game in this thread and in an appropriately named spoiler in the Discussion Thread. If you are not playing this game, you may not post in this thread.
2. You may not play to lose. This will be dealt with at the mod's discretion (expect an immediate modkill if you play against your faction).
3. Do not lurk. Replacements are not an option. Be active and don't put yourself in the position to be modkilled please.
4. You may not edit your posts.
5. You may not post your role PM, or quote verbatim from it. You may paraphrase.
6. Votes and questions must be posted in
bold, on a newline.
You may also ask questions to the mod in PM.
7. You may not post game content in this thread after you are dead. (You may post death flavor.) If you are lynched, you are dead when the deadline is reached. Else, you are dead when the mod says so.
8. You may not post game content at night. It is night when the aforementioned deadline is reached.
9. The mod's decisions are final.
Setup: Four different games have been designed, each with their own possible variations within them. Each game has a unique town role that will give away to that individual what game is being played. Of the town players listed as Vanilla Town, one will be assigned at the start of the game the power that if they are alive at the start of the third day, they will be told what variation is being used. Combined, this knowledge can identify exactly what game, and what variation are being played.
Town player with role unique only to Game A knows that Game A is being played. If they die, everyone else will learn that info as well. VT player learns on Day Three that Variations 2 and 5 are being used, but not what game those variations are in exactly. Combined, it is possible to learn that the game being played is A25 (Game A, Variation 2 and 5).
Each game will have 6 possible variations that can be used. Any number may be used, including zero, or all of them. Each variation changes exactly one role in the game. All games and their possible variations are made public at the start of the game.
1 Mafia God Father (Cops as if town)
1 Mafia Role Blocker
1 SK One Shot NK Immune
7 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Governor (Private Lynch Pardoner, blockable)
1 Town Sane Cop (Not told sanity)
1. SK becomes Assassin for Town Special. (Loses if someoe NK’s the target, not told what role.)
2. One VT becomes an insane cop. (Inverted cop results, not told sanity)
3. One VT becomes a doctor.
4. Mafia God Father becomes a Goon.
5. Mafia Role Blocker becomes a One-Shot Hitman (Bonus Kill.)
6. One VT becomes a One-Shot Vig.
1 Mafia one-shot Hitman (Bonus Kill)
1 Mafia Role Blocker
1 Assassin for Town Special (Loses if someone NK’s the target, not told what role.)
2 Town Doctors
1 Town Role Blocker
6 Vanilla Townies
1. One VT becomes a paranoid cop. (Not told sanity, all results are scum results.)
2. Mafia Role Blocker becomes a Godfather (Cops as if town.)
3. One Doctor becomes a One-Shot Vig.
4. Assassin becomes One-Shot NK Immune SK.
5. One VT becomes a Sane Cop. (Not told sanity)
6. Mafia Hitman becomes a Goon.
1 Mafia God Father (Cops as if town.)
1 Mafia Goon
1 Assassin For Town Special (Loses if someone NK’s the target, not told what role.)
2 Town One-Shot Vigs
1 Town Tracker/Watcher (Gets list of who targeted, and was targeted by their target.)
1 Town insane Cop (Inverted Results, not told their sanity.)
5 Vanilla Townies
1. One Vig becomes a Doctor.
2. Assassin becomes a One-Shot NK immune SK.
3. One VT becomes a Naive Cop (All results are town, not told sanity.)
4. Mafia God Father becomes a Role Blocker.
5. Mafia Goon becomes a One-Shot Hitman (Bonus Kill.)
6. One VT becomes a Doctor.
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia One-Shot Hitman (Bonus Kill)
1 One-Shot NK Immune SK
1 Town Jailkeeper (Doctors and Role Block’s target.)
1 Town One-Shot Vig
1 Town Sane Cop (Not told sanity.)
6 Vanilla Townies
1. Mafia Goon becomes Role Blocker.
2. One VT becomes a Doctor.
3. Mafia Hitman becomes God Father (Cops as if town.)
4. One VT becomes a Paranoid Cop (All results are scum, not told their sanity.)
5. One-Shot Vig becomes a Doctor.
6. SK becomes an Assassin for Town Special (Loses if someone NK’s target, not told what role.)
Assassin’s have a kill they can use at any time. It kills their target, regardless of protection, and they die themselves. If they kill the correct player, they win, else, they lose. If lynched, they will get the chance to use their kill. If their target dies before they are able to kill them via lynch, they win. If the target is killed via some other NK ability, they lose and leave the game. All kill powers are able to be withheld. Of the remaining VT roles, one will be selected at the start of the game as the player that if alive at the start of D3, will be informed via PM from the mod of what variations, if any, are being used. All roles are fully disclosed on death, including cop’s sanities.
Setup used is determined like this. I roll a four-sided die, it picks what game. I then roll an eight-sided die, result of 1-6 determines that that many variations will be used, result of 7 or 8 means no variations will be used. A six-sided die is then rolled as many times as needed to select which of the unique variations are used.
Game B is selected, it will use 3 variations.
D6: 1, 1, 3, 6
The second 1 was re-rolled, so variations 1, 3, and 6 will be used. Thus, the game being played is B136. On Day Three if the VT selected is still alive, they will be told “136” via PM from me.
For those new, I'll add some extra definitions for you, spoilered below:
Doctor - Able to protect someone from all night kills, targeted as a night action. Can not target themselves.
Vig - Able to submit a night kill on a player.
God Father - Any cop result on them will be processed as if the player were a town player.
Role Blocker - Able to prevent a player from using their action.
Governor - At night, are able to decide if the target is lynched or not.
Jailkeeper - Their target at night is protected from all normal kills, as well as prevented from taking any actions.
Assassin - Able to submit an unstoppable kill at any time, even just after being lynched. Their goal is to kill a target, that they don't specifically know who it is.
Watcher/Tracker - Able to tell who targeted the person they targeted at night, as well as who that player targeted.
Goon and VT - Roles with no special powers.
SK - Role whose job is to be the last player left alive at the end of the game. Has a night kill.
Hitman - Mafia equiv of a vig.
Any other questions, just ask!
Game Specific Rule - If you are lynched, you may not read spoilers til the start of the next game day, when your death is confirmed!
11. Adam H
I'll be rolling up a setup now, and then randomizing and distributing roles! Feel free to talk about the game now if you'd like. I'll announce when everything is done, and officially start Day One then!