Lataro's Simple Fun Game Over: Town wins.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Lataro

Lataro's Simple Fun Game Over: Town wins.

Postby Lataro » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 am UTC

Hiya all! Welcome to the fun factory! First, some housekeeping!

1. You may only talk about this game in this thread and in an appropriately named spoiler in the Discussion Thread. If you are not playing this game, you may not post in this thread.
2. You may not play to lose. This will be dealt with at the mod's discretion (expect an immediate modkill if you play against your faction).
3. Do not lurk. Replacements are not an option. Be active and don't put yourself in the position to be modkilled please.
4. You may not edit your posts.
5. You may not post your role PM, or quote verbatim from it. You may paraphrase.
6. Votes and questions must be posted in

bold, on a newline.

You may also ask questions to the mod in PM.
7. You may not post game content in this thread after you are dead. (You may post death flavor.) If you are lynched, you are dead when the deadline is reached. Else, you are dead when the mod says so.
8. You may not post game content at night. It is night when the aforementioned deadline is reached.
9. The mod's decisions are final.

The Setup:
Spoiler:
Simple Fun Game:

Setup: Four different games have been designed, each with their own possible variations within them. Each game has a unique town role that will give away to that individual what game is being played. Of the town players listed as Vanilla Town, one will be assigned at the start of the game the power that if they are alive at the start of the third day, they will be told what variation is being used. Combined, this knowledge can identify exactly what game, and what variation are being played.

Example:

Town player with role unique only to Game A knows that Game A is being played. If they die, everyone else will learn that info as well. VT player learns on Day Three that Variations 2 and 5 are being used, but not what game those variations are in exactly. Combined, it is possible to learn that the game being played is A25 (Game A, Variation 2 and 5).

Each game will have 6 possible variations that can be used. Any number may be used, including zero, or all of them. Each variation changes exactly one role in the game. All games and their possible variations are made public at the start of the game.

Game A:
1 Mafia God Father (Cops as if town)
1 Mafia Role Blocker

1 SK One Shot NK Immune

7 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Governor (Private Lynch Pardoner, blockable)
1 Town Sane Cop (Not told sanity)

Variations:
1. SK becomes Assassin for Town Special. (Loses if someoe NK’s the target, not told what role.)
2. One VT becomes an insane cop. (Inverted cop results, not told sanity)
3. One VT becomes a doctor.
4. Mafia God Father becomes a Goon.
5. Mafia Role Blocker becomes a One-Shot Hitman (Bonus Kill.)
6. One VT becomes a One-Shot Vig.

Game B:
1 Mafia one-shot Hitman (Bonus Kill)
1 Mafia Role Blocker

1 Assassin for Town Special (Loses if someone NK’s the target, not told what role.)

2 Town Doctors
1 Town Role Blocker
6 Vanilla Townies

Variations:
1. One VT becomes a paranoid cop. (Not told sanity, all results are scum results.)
2. Mafia Role Blocker becomes a Godfather (Cops as if town.)
3. One Doctor becomes a One-Shot Vig.
4. Assassin becomes One-Shot NK Immune SK.
5. One VT becomes a Sane Cop. (Not told sanity)
6. Mafia Hitman becomes a Goon.

Game C:
1 Mafia God Father (Cops as if town.)
1 Mafia Goon

1 Assassin For Town Special (Loses if someone NK’s the target, not told what role.)

2 Town One-Shot Vigs
1 Town Tracker/Watcher (Gets list of who targeted, and was targeted by their target.)
1 Town insane Cop (Inverted Results, not told their sanity.)
5 Vanilla Townies

Variations:
1. One Vig becomes a Doctor.
2. Assassin becomes a One-Shot NK immune SK.
3. One VT becomes a Naive Cop (All results are town, not told sanity.)
4. Mafia God Father becomes a Role Blocker.
5. Mafia Goon becomes a One-Shot Hitman (Bonus Kill.)
6. One VT becomes a Doctor.

Game D:
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia One-Shot Hitman (Bonus Kill)

1 One-Shot NK Immune SK

1 Town Jailkeeper (Doctors and Role Block’s target.)
1 Town One-Shot Vig
1 Town Sane Cop (Not told sanity.)
6 Vanilla Townies

Variations:
1. Mafia Goon becomes Role Blocker.
2. One VT becomes a Doctor.
3. Mafia Hitman becomes God Father (Cops as if town.)
4. One VT becomes a Paranoid Cop (All results are scum, not told their sanity.)
5. One-Shot Vig becomes a Doctor.
6. SK becomes an Assassin for Town Special (Loses if someone NK’s target, not told what role.)

Assassin’s have a kill they can use at any time. It kills their target, regardless of protection, and they die themselves. If they kill the correct player, they win, else, they lose. If lynched, they will get the chance to use their kill. If their target dies before they are able to kill them via lynch, they win. If the target is killed via some other NK ability, they lose and leave the game. All kill powers are able to be withheld. Of the remaining VT roles, one will be selected at the start of the game as the player that if alive at the start of D3, will be informed via PM from the mod of what variations, if any, are being used. All roles are fully disclosed on death, including cop’s sanities.

Setup used is determined like this. I roll a four-sided die, it picks what game. I then roll an eight-sided die, result of 1-6 determines that that many variations will be used, result of 7 or 8 means no variations will be used. A six-sided die is then rolled as many times as needed to select which of the unique variations are used.

Example:
D4: 2
D8:3

Game B is selected, it will use 3 variations.

D6: 1, 1, 3, 6

The second 1 was re-rolled, so variations 1, 3, and 6 will be used. Thus, the game being played is B136. On Day Three if the VT selected is still alive, they will be told “136” via PM from me.

For those new, I'll add some extra definitions for you, spoilered below:
Spoiler:
Cop - Able to target a player each night, and get a result of Town or Scum. The variations used in this game are Sane, Insane, Paranoid, and Naive. Sane get the correct result, insane get the opposite of the correct result, Paranoid always gets a Scum result, and Naive always get a Town result.

Doctor - Able to protect someone from all night kills, targeted as a night action. Can not target themselves.

Vig - Able to submit a night kill on a player.

God Father - Any cop result on them will be processed as if the player were a town player.

Role Blocker - Able to prevent a player from using their action.

Governor - At night, are able to decide if the target is lynched or not.

Jailkeeper - Their target at night is protected from all normal kills, as well as prevented from taking any actions.

Assassin - Able to submit an unstoppable kill at any time, even just after being lynched. Their goal is to kill a target, that they don't specifically know who it is.

Watcher/Tracker - Able to tell who targeted the person they targeted at night, as well as who that player targeted.

Goon and VT - Roles with no special powers.

SK - Role whose job is to be the last player left alive at the end of the game. Has a night kill.

Hitman - Mafia equiv of a vig.

Any other questions, just ask!

Game Specific Rule - If you are lynched, you may not read spoilers til the start of the next game day, when your death is confirmed!

Player List:
1. Carlington
2. Christophoros
3. wam
4. Phredd94
5. Bartimaeus
6. Silknor
7. Suzaku
8. USN
9. Snark
10. Madge
11. Adam H
12. Eculc

I'll be rolling up a setup now, and then randomizing and distributing roles! Feel free to talk about the game now if you'd like. I'll announce when everything is done, and officially start Day One then!
Last edited by Lataro on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am UTC, edited 13 times in total.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Lataro

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun: Pre-Game

Postby Lataro » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:10 am UTC

The setup is finalized, and all role PMs are out!

Get to it people!

Deadline is about this time next week!

Day One starts now! 12 alive, 7 to hammer!

Suzaku

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D1: Fun Time With Randomness!

Postby Suzaku » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 am UTC

Confirming receipt of role PM and posting for egosearch :)
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

Phredd94

Postby Phredd94 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:39 am UTC

Confirm, but sleep now. Actual thinking in the morning.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 am UTC

Confirming, posting for egosearch. I am thoroughly confused by this setup, I am just going to keep on re-reading it until I've processed it all.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 am UTC

After reading this I'm wondering how this is simple in any universe.

But I'm here, I'm queer, and I'm proud of it! (or something)

(Now I'm wondering if anyone's ever made a "Rainbow Mafia" using things like Bears and Twinks as role names? If not, I am tempted to do so.)
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 am UTC

Welcome new players!

So that's a Fairly complicated list then, Basically a few initial impressions.

We have at least 3 VT's almost certainly 4.

There is either a town assassin or a SK in game, this we should be able to work out from the Night results.

What information does the assassin have about their target?

2/1/9 does seem very town sided to me, but its an open setup and I am not sure how useful the town power roles are going to be as there do seem to be varying sanities.

Questions (as I am here first)

1) Which setup looks most fun to you?
2) Of all the power roles on there what would you prefer?
3) How much experience do you have?
4) If your scum whos your partner?
5) Do you think we should do the If I am a cop strategy?
6) Should we keep a 2nd set of votals for vigs?

1) C as its got the least number of possible VTs and VT is boring! Also the vigs would cause chaos.
2) I always like being a vig, but they are only 1 shot, so maybe cop or watcher tracker.
3) Too much
4) Eculc
5) Probably worth it but do worry misnomer (I think thats who it was) is right and its playing the system not the game.
6) I think so esp as its a newbie game it might give them more confidence to use it.

Vote Adam H
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 am UTC

I know you're talking, but I'm not making any sense of it whatsoever. I'm sorry. =/

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 am UTC

Oh and another point, I thing that it is going to be very easy to get lost in setup discussion and for scumhunting to go by the way. My suggestion is that until we have more info we try and leave the setup stuff behind. In my mind its more like a closed game with a know list of roles (does that make sense)?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 am UTC

Carlington wrote:I know you're talking, but I'm not making any sense of it whatsoever. I'm sorry. =/

Anything in particular that's confusing you or is it more general?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 am UTC

Also we are generally helpful and friendly around here so if you do have questions ask and we will try and answer!

As a rough simple overview, stripping away all the complicated bits.

There are 3 factions in this game.

Town, the assembled masses, they are trying to remove the mafia from within the group by lynching. They also need to remove the Serial killer, not sure about the assasin.

If there is an assassin can town win if they defeat mafia but the assassin's still alive?

Mafia, the informed minority, in this game there are 2. There goal is the be the only remaining faction or for that to be unavoidable. (I.e 2 of them left 2 town is a mafia win).

Third party faction

In this game is either a serial killer, basically a 1 person mafia group, standard win condition is to be the only one left alive. Or an assassin, has one kill and a target they have to hit.

All the rest of that complicated setup stuff is about power roles and how they are allocated. Basically power roles give a useful power/skill to a player in addition to their alignment. To make it simple for now I would suggest you just worry about alignment and let the power roles come out naturally.

Bartimaeus

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 am UTC

I am making this post a confirmation.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 am UTC

wam wrote:Oh and another point, I thing that it is going to be very easy to get lost in setup discussion and for scumhunting to go by the way. My suggestion is that until we have more info we try and leave the setup stuff behind. In my mind its more like a closed game with a know list of roles (does that make sense)?

Do I answer the list of questions in your post, or...?
I was mainly confused by the jargon, but I've been perusing Newbie Help threads and the Mafia wiki, so I'm pretty well caught up there. What is the if I am a cop strategy? Also, I am having difficulty following your logic in deducing what game type we're in.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 am UTC

Carlington wrote:
wam wrote:Oh and another point, I thing that it is going to be very easy to get lost in setup discussion and for scumhunting to go by the way. My suggestion is that until we have more info we try and leave the setup stuff behind. In my mind its more like a closed game with a know list of roles (does that make sense)?

Do I answer the list of questions in your post, or...?
I was mainly confused by the jargon, but I've been perusing Newbie Help threads and the Mafia wiki, so I'm pretty well caught up there. What is the if I am a cop strategy? Also, I am having difficulty following your logic in deducing what game type we're in.

Yeah the questions are just a way of getting discussion started. Feel free to answer them or not. There is someone who objects to them (I think its vytron).

The If I'm a cop strategy means that at the start of a day (from 2 onwards) Everyone posts If I am a cop I investigated XXX last night and got a result of XXX.

That way if they die before claiming we still get the information. Sorry I meant to explain this better.

I sort of gave up deducing which setup. Just tried to look at what was common between them if that makes sense. As I really doubt we will know the setup until the townie gets told on D3.

Another question for lataro

Are sanities revealed on death?

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am UTC

Ooh, hang on, this is fun. Because if we all collaborated, we could figure out what game we were playing, but that wouldn't work because of obvious reasons. I like this. I think I'm going to wait a while before voting, the deadline is next week after all.

Bartimaeus

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 am UTC

1) No idea.
2) Cop is always fun.
3) I've played a few games at various places but I haven't in about a year and barely remember any of it.
4) -insert reference to famous mobster-
5) I would prefer not to.
6) What is a votal?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 am UTC

Bartimaeus wrote:6) What is a votal?

Vote Total

Sorry for the abbreviations and my bad grammar and punctuation.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 am UTC

Carlington wrote:Ooh, hang on, this is fun. Because if we all collaborated, we could figure out what game we were playing, but that wouldn't work because of obvious reasons. I like this. I think I'm going to wait a while before voting, the deadline is next week after all.

Yeah Mass claims can be a viable strategy depending on the setup although I don't like them. I feel it comes into playing the system not the game but I don't think in this case it would help.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:48 am UTC

1) I don't really know.
2) Mafia Role Blocker.
3) I have played face-to-face Mafia two (2) times.
4) USN
5) It seems like a decent idea, and a good way to learn things.
6) I don't see why not. Like, an unofficial count. We have to kill the vigs anyway to win, don't we?

Phredd94

Postby Phredd94 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 pm UTC

1) D, I like the look of the Jailkeeper.
2) What I said above :D
3) None at all (except IRL).
4) Adam H
5) Do you mean just cop, or for all power roles?
6) Is this where you underline votes?

I don't really understand (4). Why is this helpful, or is it just for fun?

Also, Carlington, I'm think vig is a town role?

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 pm UTC

You're right, I got vig and hitman confused. Why would we need vig votals? wam, shouldn't we be trying to find the hitman and/or assassin?

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 pm UTC

Yeah vig's are a town role, just with a kill.

4 Is there mainly for laughs but also helps when anlysing links between players after one is dead.

Ninjad: The votals are to give the Vig an idea of who to shoot. Basically making it into a 2nd lynch. (THeres an analysis I can't find somewhere that shows why more lynches are always good for town.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 pm UTC

That makes sense. Intuitively, more lynches means a greater chance of hitting scum, I figure. Plus, it reduces the pool of possibilities.

Bartimaeus

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 pm UTC

I would support a vig vote.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm UTC

I'm trying to work out whether the town player with the distinctive role should claim so we know which setup we're in.

Worst case, we lynch between CC's and a hypothetical vig would know who to shoot. But that said, it essentially confirms a town power role is killed pretty quickly since if they're not cc'd they're as good as dead (unless we have a doctor, and I think we've got decent odds at that but wouldn't be willing to risk our confirmed town's life on it).

I'm in favour of cop breadcrumbs, especially since there's a risk of an insane cop it will make outing with guilty all the more problematic.

1) Which setup looks most fun to you?
The one with two doctors. They could theoretically doc each other and never die!!! (unless mafia has an RB)
You know what? I'd like to be an insane cop just because I would get so confused by my results until I start crying into my shoulder. So in other words I think it would be a good experience for me, but obviously not for town. Plus I love bastardy.
Played "the resistence" card game a lot and am terrible at it. Found epicmafia, was addicted to that for a couple of months. Found this about 4 months ago; like it better, more complicated. Each individual game is an experience that's meticulously (or sadistically) put together by the mod.
If I'm scum then my partner is Bartimaeus, because he's posted most recently which confirms our link.
Yes, because then we'll have a good shot at winning.
With so many newbies I think this is a good idea. Even if I were a vig in this setup, I'd appreciate some guidance. I remember my very first game I was a doctor and I had no idea who to target (though giving the doctor guidance was probably a bad idea because that'd give the mafia info).
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:58 pm UTC

Well, wam. You're certainly playing a bit aggressively. A vote already, in your first post? FoS: Wam

I might as well answer some questions, then, since everyone else is.

1. I would have to say setup one. Hidden roles are always more fun, and an SK doesn't have the same restrictions that an assassin has on win conditions.
2. If I could have a power role, I think I'd choose Cop.
3. Probably a bit more than most people in this game, though it's been a while since I've played so maybe not so much.
4. Adam H -- for reasons that should be clear to anyone who has played with the both of us before. :lol:
5. I think that any strategy like that would lead to a follow-the-cop scenario and that's never much fun, especially since we may or may not even have a cop.
6. a second set of votals would be nice.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm UTC

eculc wrote:5. I think that any strategy like that would lead to a follow-the-cop scenario and that's never much fun, especially since we may or may not even have a cop.

It could make it WAY more fun if we end up with a follow-the-cop scenario and there's actually no cop, though, I think.

Bartimaeus

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:It could make it WAY more fun if we end up with a follow-the-cop scenario and there's actually no cop, though, I think.

The idea of it? Yes. But in practice that is only good for the mafia as far as I can tell.

Madge

Postby Madge » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 pm UTC

Isn't random vote slinging part of all early games?

vote: eculc

Because I can. I'll unvote/change it before it matters so don't get your knickers in a knot over it, pls.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm UTC

Well, RVSing isn't particularly necessary. If you're suspecting someone, you might as well FoS them if you don't intend to vote for them.

Carlington -- while it's true that it could be interesting, it's also not unlikely that we'll end up following scum, and at that point we'd be thoroughly screwed.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:03 pm UTC

eculc wrote:Well, RVSing isn't particularly necessary. If you're suspecting someone, you might as well FoS them if you don't intend to vote for them.

Well i personally am not a massive fan of Fos's as most of the time its people trying to hedge. I tend to take the view you might as well put a vote down.

Phredd94

Postby Phredd94 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm UTC

wam wrote:
eculc wrote:Well, RVSing isn't particularly necessary. If you're suspecting someone, you might as well FoS them if you don't intend to vote for them.

Well i personally am not a massive fan of Fos's as most of the time its people trying to hedge. I tend to take the view you might as well put a vote down.

Personally, I see FoS as expressing a different degree of certainty from just voting. Otherwise, there's the risk of other people viewing your vote as more serious and bandwagoning on it.

That said, I really want a reason to vote...

Vote: Phredd94
Unvote

Wheeee!!!

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

A Town Roles: Gov, Cop, (Insane Cop, Doc, Vig)
B Town Roles: Doc, Doc, RB, (Paranoid Cop, Doc -> Vig, Sane Cop)
C Town Roles: Vig, Vig, Tracker/Watcher, Insane Cop (Vig -> Doc, Naive Cop, Doctor)
D Town Roles: Jailkeeper, Vig, Cop, (Doc, Paranoid Cop, Vig->Doc)

There is either a Gov or RB or Tracker/Watcher or Jailkeeper who knows what setup we're in. If they claim, they're confirmed town unless scum counter-claims.
If Gov or Tracker/Watcher or Jailkeeper claims, there is only a 1/8 (or 2/8) chance of there being a doc who can save them from NK.
If RB claims, there is at least one Doc who can save them from NK (and 7/8 chance of 2 cops). However, there is a mafia roleblocker who could block a doctor if they got lucky. Unless the Hitman's kill goes through a doctor, I think that the Roleblocker (if we have one) should claim immediately. We get a confirmed town who can direct the lynch for us, and there's no danger of them dying unless the doctor decides not to doctor them (foolish) or we have only 1 doc (1/8 chance) and they get roleblocked (1/9 or 1/10 chance on N1).

Is the Governor 1-shot? How is it blockable?

What is a Town Special?

Is the Mafia Hitman's bonus kill blockable by doc?

More later.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 pm UTC

A Town Roles: Gov, Cop, (Insane Cop, Doc, Vig)
B Town Roles: Doc, Doc, RB, (Paranoid Cop, Doc -> Vig, Sane Cop)
C Town Roles: Vig, Vig, Tracker/Watcher, Insane Cop (Vig -> Doc, Naive Cop, Doctor)
D Town Roles: Jailkeeper, Vig, Cop, (Doc, Paranoid Cop, Vig->Doc)

Next topic: Cop sanities

A: 8/8 Sane, 1/8 Insane
B: 1/8 Paranoid, 1/8 Sane
C: 8/8 Insane, 1/8 Naive
D: 8/8 Sane, 1/8 Paranoid

There are: 17/32 Sane cops, 9/32 Insane cops, 2/32 Paranoid cops, 1/32 Naive cops = 29/32 cops on average.
A random cop's sanity probabilities : 17/29 Sane, 9/29 Insane, 2/29 Paranoid, 1/29 Naive
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:29 pm UTC

How do SKs and assassins come up to sane/insane cops?

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 pm UTC

wam wrote:1) Which setup looks most fun to you?

1) A, with variations 2, 3, 5, and 6.
2) Governor seems the most interesting.
3) 30ish games here... still feel like noob though
4) wam, he randomly voted me which is obviously distancing.
5) Going to say no. But I don't much care. If everyone else says it, I will too.
6) Hrmm. Probably not worth it. I think all the vigs are one-shot, and I'd rather minimize the chances of both using up their one shot on the same player early on.

For vigs: I think it's best if you only target a player that you've claimed to find scummiest. That way if you, the SK, or the mafia end up claiming vig, we can look back and see if the player you claim to kill was scummy. And only kill if you are as sure as possible, that way you don't waste it by killing a townie.

Snark wrote:If RB claims, there is at least one Doc who can save them from NK (and 7/8 chance of 2 cops). However, there is a mafia roleblocker who could block a doctor if they got lucky.
The mafia roleblocker might also target the town roleblocker. I'm not sure if that tradeoff is worth it, but I think I'd rather have the possibility of the town RB blocking the mafia kill than have a confirmed town and know immediately what setup we're in.

Before an RB claims, I'd like someone to address my concerns.

Also I think it's possible that Snark is the assassin who is trying to find the roleblocker.

For now I think no one should claim.
-Adam

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:38 pm UTC

Adam H wrote:Also I think it's possible that Snark is the assassin who is trying to find the roleblocker.

It's going to look that like isn't it. Crud. I didn't think about that possibility at all. Notice my asking what a town special was. I thought it was possibly the Chosen VT, but I guess it makes more sense for it to be the unique power role.

I also don't think the RB should claim anymore, unless the mod reveals the mod special to not be able to be the RB.

If the Assassin wins, does everyone else lose?

Snark

Postby Snark » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:44 pm UTC

wam wrote:1) Which setup looks most fun to you?
1. C1236
2. Watcher/Tracker
3. Almost a year's worth
4. US obviously
5. I prefer to do so.
6. Too much trouble, and I'd ignore it anyways (if I was a vig)

wam

Postby wam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:47 pm UTC

Unvote

@Eculc for reference it was picked by random.org so yeah. I like adam's reaction to it not sure about Eculc to it.

Yeah snark you look fairly bad, although I am not going to bother to check the statistics it makes interesting reading.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm UTC

What information does the assassin have about their target?

Only that they need to kill the special townie role. They are not told what that role is.

If there is an assassin can town win if they defeat mafia but the assassin's still alive?

The game will not conclude as long as the assassin is alive and in the game. If they win or lose at any time, they are killed, or leave the game.

Are sanities revealed on death?

Yes, all dead cops will have their sanities revealed.

Is the Governor 1-shot? How is it blockable?

No, it is unlimited. They choose during the night if the lynch went though or not, thus, it is blockable if they are roleblocked.

What is a Town Special?

The Roleblocker/Governor/WatcherTracker/Jailkeeper are the town special. Whatever the unique role is in the setup would be the assassin's target. The assassin's kill is unstoppable.

Is the Mafia Hitman's bonus kill blockable by doc?

Yes.

How do SKs and assassins come up to sane/insane cops?

As Scum for a sane cop, town for an insane cop.

If the Assassin wins, does everyone else lose?

No, the game continues.

Return to “Mafia”