Lataro's Simple Fun Game Over: Town wins.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby eculc » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 am UTC

wam wrote:
eculc wrote:Still, though, I don't believe he's scum based on how active he's been.


Doesn't work like that! [meta] I tend to be more active in games when I am scum than In my town games as I enjoy scum more [/meta] (yeah ponder that wine)


Well, wam, while I'll agree with you that more content does not necessarily = town, it means that silknor's not lurking and therefore I feel slightly more comfortable about him.

as for scumhunting, we're not in much of a better position on that front today than D1 as there's not much we can learn from snark's lynch except that there were probably scum on his bandwagon.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 am UTC

eculc wrote:as for scumhunting, we're not in much of a better position on that front today than D1 as there's not much we can learn from snark's lynch except that there were probably scum on his bandwagon.

That's an odd perspective to have if you are town. If the decision was between two townies then they don't care who they lynch.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Silknor » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:58 am UTC

I agree there's something to be learned from the lynching of the Snark. No one, myself included, seems to have tried so far though.

But it seems the scum have plenty of reasons why they might care, given a choice between two townies, who gets lynched (not to mention, we don't have a unitary scum faction: the assassin adds further incentive, especially since they can get townie brownie points for getting the assassin lynched).

For example, they want the townie they're not voting for to be lynched so they can't be blamed. Or they may suspect that one is a power role. Or even they feel one townie would be more dangerous (poor poor Amy).
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby wam » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am UTC

Well lets look at the snark lynch then.

1st vote Silknor, well reasoned and understandable
2nd vote madge, ditto
3rd vote form USN looks suspicious but given shes the assassin makes sense, esp as she was really pushing the snark = assasin line.

Now where it starts to get interesting and the bandwaggon starts building.

4th vote, Eculc

Spoiler:
eculc wrote:
With that in mind,

Vote: Snark

Mostly because he's put down several votes very recently, including a blatant OMGUS. Not to mention that he's been playing pretty aggressively, which is typical of scum-snark in my experience. I'm not sure how much people will consider meta, but it's something to keep in mind. Add to that the fact that he called for an ASAP roleblocker claim with no idea if there's a doctor, he might be an assassin or scum looking for a target that's more helpful to town than a VT.

Snark, if there's a good reason for us to not vote for you, you may want to think about claiming...as it is, though, you're not looking so good right now.



The interesting thing is that he claims meta base, Now snark tends to be aggressive when he is either alignment. The other interesting thing is that he calls for snark to claim and then ignores the VT claim.

5th vote is Bartimeus

Spoiler:
Bartimaeus wrote:
Big FOS on Christo.

In fact, I'd be voting Christo were it not for...

Vote: Snark.
He's been suspicious for a while, and his recent activity has only worsened my opinion.

Underline added by me.

I am torn with this vote, one the underlined sentance is very wishy washy but I can also see what he is going for. If Bartimaeus comes up scum we need to have a very good look at chris. And vice versa.

Then the bandwaggon starts to go off snark with madge swapping to eculc

Then adam puts his vote back on snark, this would be suspicous but we know that adams town.

Then there is this gem of a post

Spoiler:
Christophoros wrote:The more Snark talks, the more he makes me think he's scum. Everything he's saying is reeking of desperation, and his latest posts are literally just grasping at straws, not actually adding anything that I can see to the discussion regarding other people. wam on the other hand has seemed calmer and been more rational.

Therefore:

Unvote: wam
Vote: Snark


That is a complete rehash of adams post and exceptionally bandwaggony and put snark at L-1

So yeah based on this

Unvote

Vote Christophorous
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Suzaku » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 pm UTC

Carlington wrote:he can't post now, he has to go to a meeting, but looking at the timestamps, he's posting in this thread again 15 minutes later.
You caught me :oops:
Checking a Mafia game on my phone during a (bloody boring, for the record) meeting :mrgreen:
Carlington wrote:I hope I didn't cause any offence to you, Suzaku.
Absolutely not. No worries.

Catching up, will be back with content shortly.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Suzaku » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 pm UTC

Unofficial Votals:

Christophoros - 2 (BoomFrog, wam)
wam - 1 (Carlington)
Madge - 2 (Silknor, Christophoros)
eculc - 1 (Suzaku)

Not voting: Bartimaeus, Madge, eculc

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Deadline in about 1 day, 9 hours and 30 minutes.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Silknor » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:17 pm UTC

Friendly reminder: A tie is a no lynch, would be really, really, bad. If we have a governor, I would hope they abstain.

wam wrote:
Spoiler:
Christophoros wrote:The more Snark talks, the more he makes me think he's scum. Everything he's saying is reeking of desperation, and his latest posts are literally just grasping at straws, not actually adding anything that I can see to the discussion regarding other people. wam on the other hand has seemed calmer and been more rational.

Therefore:

Unvote: wam
Vote: Snark


That is a complete rehash of adams post and exceptionally bandwaggony and put snark at L-1


(Emphasis added)

Less friendly reminder: The highlighted part is also completely accurate. Seriously, take a look at Snark's posts as more and more voted for him. I agree it's not exactly an original argument by Christophoros, but it certainly rings true. Or maybe your point was that you weren't seeming "calmer" and "more rational" and thus he's scummy for not continuing to vote against you :mrgreen:
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Christophoros
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:01 pm UTC
Location: The realm of the undead
Contact:

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Christophoros » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm UTC

wam wrote:Then there is this gem of a post
...
That is a complete rehash of adams post and exceptionally bandwaggony and put snark at L-1

1. By "rehash" you mean I'm saying the same thing - this would of course be because I agree. Are you now saying that if you vote for someone without a unique reason that you are scum? Doesn't that deny the whole object of, you know, persuading people if their votes after being persauded are then deemed scummy?

2. Bandwaggony? Umm... [/quote="Christophoros"]I guess the scummiest is probably Snark[/quote]

3. Yeah, L-1... not hammer. In every lynch, someone will take the L-1 spot. Is L-1 being a scum spot another one of those things that "everybody knows"? Those are really racking up now, huh.

tl;dr Don't speak your mind if you agree with another player. Better not to say anything, it appears.

I'm now slightly torn between my Madge vote and going back to wam, which seems to be where my vote has been sitting most of the game so far. Meh, I'll stick with Madge for now.
"Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake."

"Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement."

Never Forget

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 am UTC

Christophorus, You've completely ignored my request to give a read on each player, and you're the only one to do so. At least acknowledge my request and say why you're not bothering to. Do you think other people's lists were not useful?

Wam, I agree with Silknor and Chris, that quote doesn't seem very damning. Putting Snark at L-1 is only scummy if Eculc is scum. Consider my eyebrows raised.

Silknor wrote:I agree there's something to be learned from the lynching of the Snark. No one, myself included, seems to have tried so far though.
I included vote analysis in my big analysis post. Did you just skip it?
Silknor wrote:the assassin adds further incentive, especially since they can get townie brownie points for getting the assassin lynched).
Mafia would prefer the assassin live so that there are more threats to town to distract from the mafia on later days and since Snark seemed more likely to be an assassin then Eculc one would think scum would be on the Eculc wagon not the Snark wagon.

You are nitpicking my statement instead of addressing my point which is that it is very illogical of Eculc to conclude that scum are more likely to be on the Snark wagon then voting for him. Seems much more likely he is letting his secret knowledge seep through.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Silknor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:
Silknor wrote:I agree there's something to be learned from the lynching of the Snark. No one, myself included, seems to have tried so far though.
I included vote analysis in my big analysis post. Did you just skip it?

I didn't really consider that an analysis. Eg: "Voted Snark, but argued both sides (net slightly scummy)" [refering to Bartimaeus] You're posting a conclusion without giving any of the reasoning. I'm sure you have some reasoning, some theory of why it's more likely a scum would do that. But it's not here.

Also, in reference to wam: "Keeps vote on Eculc (very townie is Eculc is scum)." Why? Yes, wam probably wouldn't bus Eculc day 1. But we don't know that wam would've gone through with it! He could've switched if it looked like Eculc would be lynched (and a quick skim suggests relatively high activity during the relevant time period). Now, surely you could try to make the case that both wam couldn't or wouldn't have switched, and that he wouldn't have bused Eculc on Day 1 (even though Eculc had picked up some suspicion and it probably would've kept suspicion off wam for a long time). But you didn't. That's why I didn't count it as analysis. You certainly wrote more than anyone else had at the time on the subject. But volumes were left unsaid, and I'm much more interested in the reasoning than the opinion.

Silknor wrote:the assassin adds further incentive, especially since they can get townie brownie points for getting the assassin lynched).
Mafia would prefer the assassin live so that there are more threats to town to distract from the mafia on later days and since Snark seemed more likely to be an assassin then Eculc one would think scum would be on the Eculc wagon not the Snark wagon.


For the purposes of indentification, scum is scum. The vast majority of the time, a suspicion isn't (or shouldn't, if we're being honest about what level of confidence we should have in such predictions) distinguishing between assassin and mafia. The assassin dying also cements the mafia's information advantage, and (in this game) lets them soft-claim power roles more safely. (And there's roughly a 50% chance that the Sin was actually an SK. An SK's extra kills can advantage the mafia, perhaps even on average, but it's of course true that it's a huge wild card, and one unlucky moment might lead to the scum losing) And the credit for a good lynching is worth a lot.

You are nitpicking my statement instead of addressing my point which is that it is very illogical of Eculc to conclude that scum are more likely to be on the Snark wagon then voting for him. Seems much more likely he is letting his secret knowledge seep through.


The point you're making that "scum are more likely to be on the Snark wagon then voting for him" doesn't even seem to be what he said! He said there's probably at least one scum that was voting for snark, not that scum were more likely to vote snark than eculc.

6 were voting for snark at the end, including 1 townie and the assassin. That leaves 4 unknowns. 2 of 9 remaining are scum. The chance that at least one was voting for Snark is 1-5/9*4/8=72%

So he made a correct statement, and then you attacked him for making a statement that he didn't make.


If this was a closed setup, I would seriously think you might be a eculc lyncher. (Then again, in such a setup, everyone would think I'm a Madge lyncher, so...) :D
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 am UTC

I don't have time to make a proper post/analysis right now, I might tonight but the deadline for another game I'm in is looming.

I'm not comfortable by Bart or either of the Chris's, really, but wam also gives me pause.

I don't want boomfrog, suzaku, eculc or even silknor (ok, maybe a little; OMGUS and all) lynched.

Anyway, in the interest of self-preservation I really only have one choice at the moment, since I've said everything I can really say. (tl;dr: I kind of suck at this game, but I'm learning)

Vote: Christophoros

If another lynch candidate picks up I will try to make some time tonight to re-read to figure out where my vote should be distributed.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Bartimaeus
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere near NYC, but nobody's heard of

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Bartimaeus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:40 am UTC

Madge wrote:Carlington, Christophoros, Bartimaeus, Eculc; could you start thinking about making some votes? Votes are easy to change, especially if you're the first to place one on someone.


They are easy to change, but I dislike voting just for the sake of it.

But despite my suspicions of Madge, I do not consider this to be a scummy call for votes. The intent seems more to spurn people to contribute. In a strange way, yes, but this IS Madge.


wam wrote:5th vote is Bartimeus

Spoiler:
Bartimaeus wrote:
Big FOS on Christo.

In fact, I'd be voting Christo were it not for...

Vote: Snark.
He's been suspicious for a while, and his recent activity has only worsened my opinion.

Underline added by me.

I am torn with this vote, one the underlined sentance is very wishy washy but I can also see what he is going for. If Bartimaeus comes up scum we need to have a very good look at chris. And vice versa.



In my defense, I had discussed the causes of my suspicions earlier within that post, and in a previous post.


Silknor wrote:(not to mention, we don't have a unitary scum faction: the assassin adds further incentive, especially since they can get townie brownie points for getting the assassin lynched).


I think that this is actually the most important aspect. I'd imagine that mafia would be happy to get rid of the assassin, as there's a fair risk that he'd kill one of their number. However, considering that it DOES make so much sense for mafia to attempt to eliminate the assassin, perhaps they deliberately did not do so. There were quite a few people going at Snark, so perhaps they didn't see the need to take a risk? Whether scum were on that wagon is pretty ambiguous I think.


I'd like to wait and see how Christophoros responds to BoomFrog's reiteration of the request to post a list of views before I pass final judgement, but if that does not happen by tomorrow I'll move on without it. I don't really see a (legitimate) excuse for why Chris wouldn't post it though.


Bartimaeus wrote:Madge - I don't at all like her last minute vote change D1. Her play today hasn't been confusing to say the least. As others have noted, she seems to say things in a way which might be scummy, but it's difficult to tell. However, I think that some of her comments are inexcusable(ie claim fishing), and that added to the Snark vote leave me unhappy with her. Scum.


I'd also like to amend this. For some reason I remembered that her last minute vote change put a vote on Snark, when in fact it took a vote off a Snark and put it on eculc. The truth is actually that she attempted to get eculc lynched instead of Snark, and that would have been the case if it weren't for (you meddling kids) the deadline extension.

This doesn't condemn Madge, but it does make realize definitively that Madge and eculc very very likely cannot both be mafia. (I feel like somebody's probably already said this).

Between Madge and eculc, I would choose Madge. However, in the current situation, voting Madge would just cause another tie, something which as others have pointed out is not good either in this general situation or so close to the deadline(I wonder if she voted deliberately to try to prevent a vote on herself?).

Vote: Madge

Considering that this is causing a tie, I have every intention of revisiting tomorrow and adjusting my vote if necessary. I will vote for whom I believe to be scum, but if a no-lynch seems at all possible I intend to try to stop it. I only have one class tomorrow, so I should have no problems checking in.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 am UTC

Silknor, I'll agree that my analysis was broad and shallow since that seems to be your point. But I was irked that you said no one had even tried.
Silknor wrote:For the purposes of indentification, scum is scum.
I've found that scum are happy to lynch scum and in voting analysis only consider a vote to be evidence that both players are not on a single scum team together.
Silknor wrote:So he made a correct statement, and then you attacked him for making a statement that he didn't make.
Well, if he was simply saying that a majority of players voted for Snark and therefore it's likely that one of the votes is scum then he was saying something completely empty even if technically true. So it's either likely false and scummy or it's active lurking and it's scummy.

@Madge: "Self preservation" is a terribly useless reason to vote. It tells us nothing and just encourages others to pile the votes onto you. If you want to convince us to let you live then you need to point out who is scum and why.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:55 am UTC

Firstly: I voted because I don't want to be lynched. Very few people in the game can say they know anyone to be confirmed town apart from themselves, and fmpov lynching me lynches confirmed town which is obviously the worst thing we can do.

Bartimaeus wrote:
Silknor wrote:(not to mention, we don't have a unitary scum faction: the assassin adds further incentive, especially since they can get townie brownie points for getting the assassin lynched).


I think that this is actually the most important aspect. I'd imagine that mafia would be happy to get rid of the assassin, as there's a fair risk that he'd kill one of their number. However, considering that it DOES make so much sense for mafia to attempt to eliminate the assassin, perhaps they deliberately did not do so. There were quite a few people going at Snark, so perhaps they didn't see the need to take a risk? Whether scum were on that wagon is pretty ambiguous I think.


This is not true as the assassin is specifically targeting the town power role. The assassin is more likely to kill town than scum because of this; they get one kill, and one kill only. Presumably they are slightly more likely than chance to hit the 'correct' target. Even if they target at random, they are at most (during LYLO) equally likely to hit scum and town. Every other time, they are far more likely to hit town than scum, and given they target the town unique PR, they are more likely to hit a town PR than VT since they'll be looking for PR softclaims. This is always advantageous to scum. (I guess they're more likely to kill scum than a random lynch is, so perhaps that's what you meant? I don't know).

That said, I'm not sure if you really make any major conclusions based on that misjudgement, and far be it from me to judge someone based on poor logic, but I thought I'd correct it all the same.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Silknor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Silknor, I'll agree that my analysis was broad and shallow since that seems to be your point. But I was irked that you said no one had even tried.


Sorry. You did discuss the votes. When I wrote that I was thinking of something styled as wam posted, and overlooked yours as I tried to remember if anyone had do something in that form.

Silknor wrote:For the purposes of indentification, scum is scum.
I've found that scum are happy to lynch scum and in voting analysis only consider a vote to be evidence that both players are not on a single scum team together.


Well of course scum are happy to lynch scum not on their team, I didn't say otherwise. But obviously "X voted for Y, therefore X and Y are not scummates" is false. Even "X was on Y's lynch, therefore X and Y are not scummates" is false. And so I don't buy your reasoning of: "Wam left his vote on eculc, therefore they aren't scummates."

I'm not saying I have any particular reason to suspect wam, but I wouldn't give him any townie points if eculc turns out to be scum.

Silknor wrote:So he made a correct statement, and then you attacked him for making a statement that he didn't make.
Well, if he was simply saying that a majority of players voted for Snark and therefore it's likely that one of the votes is scum then he was saying something completely empty even if technically true. So it's either likely false and scummy or it's active lurking and it's scummy.


I think he was saying that, at least, that's how I read the statement. And wow do you want them lynched (again, pot meet kettle). In one post sentence clause, he said something that's fairly empty but technically true, therefore eculc is active lurking? It's so over the top the idea that you're busing him drifted into my head.

@Madge: Yeah, the assassin is probably more helpful on average to the scum than the town. But 50/50 the assassin was actually a SK, who could be very bad for scum. I think people are trying to read way too much into the question of if the scum wanted the assassin dead. They would certainly rather their name be associated with a scum lynch than a townie lynch.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Silknor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 am UTC

Unofficial Votals (updating Suzaku's which looked correct, hopefully they are):

Christophoros - 3 (BoomFrog, wam, Madge)
wam - 1 (Carlington)
Madge - 3 (Silknor, Christophoros, Bartimaeus)
eculc - 1 (Suzaku)

Not voting: eculc

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Lataro said "about this time next week." That would be roughly 17 hours from now.

Mod: Could we get a precise deadline? Given one of us may have to change their vote at the last moment to avoid a tie (and the resulting no lynch), it's important we have an exact time.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Madge
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Madge » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 am UTC

Sorry BoomFrog, I didn't see your post before I'd posted, but I guess my first comment applies to your post too?

Now I have had a quick skim over the past two pages, I think Christophoros is a viable lynch candidate as well as Bartimaeus. Those two would be my preferred candidates. I also sense something a bit off about wam but can't really put my finger on what exactly.

But yeah, look at my last few posts and you'll see my assessments of most everyone, thoughts on strategy, etc. With the amount I've posted today, you've got plenty to look at.

Ninja: ah yeah. I forgot that assassin was assassin/SK since we had an assassin flip. That makes snese.
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Lataro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 am UTC

Sorry for the lack of being a good mod, thanks to those tracking votals as they have. I'm in the process of moving to a new place and have a lot to deal with the last couple days, and the next couple as well.

As for deadline, lets round it and call it exactly 2 PM PST Friday. I pry won't be around to call it, but for all practical purposes, that's the cut off.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 am UTC

Wow, seriously, Silknor you are twisting everything I say and defending Eculc to a ridiculous extent and you've been doing it since the day started. If Silknor and Eculc aren't scumbuddies I will eat my hat. I'd lynch either of them at the moment but I think it'll be easier for others to agree that Eculc has been extremely scummy.

Unvote
Vote Eculc


If Madge gets lynched and flips town and I'm dead tomorrow lynch Eculc and Silknor. I'm a very experienced player and you should trust my reads. If I'm dead tomorrow I'll be confirmed town so don't forget to come back and follow this advice.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:08 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:I'm a very experienced player and you should trust my reads.

I'll trust nobody's reads but my own, without good reason, thank you. As it stands, the only justification you have provided for trying to get people to play follow-the-leader is "I am an experienced player", and that's us taking your word for it. No, thank you.
Additionally, if you're right, you won't get NK'ed, because you've lampshaded it now.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am UTC

The reason I added the emphasis was that I had previously left an "If I die then X is scum" message and I was ignored and completely correct. Of course currently you can't know if you trust me. I meant if I die.

But seriously, look at how much Silknor is defending Eculc. Do you think Silknor is right?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
Carlington
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:01 am UTC

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE! :cry:
[/jest]

It does seem suspicious, I'll grant you. And all the town advice given could be a smokescreen. FoS: Silknor.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

User avatar
wam
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am UTC
Location: South England

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby wam » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 am UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Wow, seriously, Silknor you are twisting everything I say and defending Eculc to a ridiculous extent and you've been doing it since the day started. If Silknor and Eculc aren't scumbuddies I will eat my hat. I'd lynch either of them at the moment but I think it'll be easier for others to agree that Eculc has been extremely scummy.

Unvote
Vote Eculc


If Madge gets lynched and flips town and I'm dead tomorrow lynch Eculc and Silknor. I'm a very experienced player and you should trust my reads. If I'm dead tomorrow I'll be confirmed town so don't forget to come back and follow this advice.


Urgh BF why do you do this to me?

[meta] Boomfrog likes to lead the town, which is fine apart from the fact he likes to do it as both town and scum.[/meta]

I can sort of see the link you are pushing, although Silknor's rebuttal of my case seemed to be written from the perspective of someone who know Eculc is town....

Silknor wrote:Less friendly reminder: The highlighted part is also completely accurate. Seriously, take a look at Snark's posts as more and more voted for him. I agree it's not exactly an original argument by Christophoros, but it certainly rings true. Or maybe your point was that you weren't seeming "calmer" and "more rational" and thus he's scummy for not continuing to vote against you :mrgreen:


It was more the tone. As a sort of well heres a townie not on my side so lets get him lynched. I will just rehash stuff and go from there.

On a side note You complain that I am not providing content I provide content and you complain about that some people!! :-p

Just for the record

Adam's Post

Spoiler:
Adam H wrote:Bleh...

Eculc has been cool under pressure, Snark has been desperate. Three times now he's voted in self defense (first eculc, then wam, then back to eculc). It He's given no explanation other than he doesn't want to die, but he claimed VT so it's not like he's trying to save a power role from being lynched. If we're going to mislynch, then we should mislynch Snark. If Snark thinks eculc and wam are town, then he shouldn't be acting so damn scummy. :P

Unvote (eculc)

Vote: Snark


Spoiler:
Christophoros wrote:The more Snark talks, the more he makes me think he's scum. Everything he's saying is reeking of desperation, and his latest posts are literally just grasping at straws, not actually adding anything that I can see to the discussion regarding other people. wam on the other hand has seemed calmer and been more rational.

Therefore:

Unvote: wam
Vote: Snark


Replace wam with Eculc in the sencond one and you have an identical post.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Suzaku » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm UTC

Sorry about my sudden disappearance last night, and before posting promised content. I fell asleep in front of my PC :oops:

There really will be content in a short while.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby eculc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Wow, seriously, Silknor you are twisting everything I say and defending Eculc to a ridiculous extent and you've been doing it since the day started. If Silknor and Eculc aren't scumbuddies I will eat my hat. I'd lynch either of them at the moment but I think it'll be easier for others to agree that Eculc has been extremely scummy.


I agree, I've noticed that he's buddying me as well.

Of course, now that you've pointed it out I can't look any less scummy by voting for him or I'll look like I'm bussing a scumbuddy, but I have a feeling that gut instinct I had earlier may have been right after all. In short: If boomfrog becomes a confirmed townie, look at silknor as being possible scum.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Suzaku » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:34 pm UTC

OK, been reading over the last couple of days:

I am feeling somewhat more confident in Carlington's towniness.
I disagree with some of his conclusions (and with his vote), but it is thoughtful and well reasoned.

I'm also feeling better about about Christophoros.
In this post, he posted an analysis of each player, which I guess BF must have missed.
I also thought his reaction to wam's accusation of rehashing was towny.

eculc seems to me to have been actively lurking through much of today; the post-count is there, but there's not much to it. His analysis post was a lot shorter than anyone else's, and essentially seemed to rank scumminess proportionally to post-count.
I'm still happy with an eculc lynch.

I agree with the assessment that Madge and eculc are very unlikely to be scummates, in fact, I have thought that since D1 owing to his reaction to her RV.
However, I will state that I also read Madge as towny independent of eculc, and if he does turn out to be town I do not think that means that she is necessarily scum.

I'm really not sure what to think of Silknor right now. His determined defence of eculc is, fmpov, scummy. His advice seems to have been good (if a little too technical with the statistics to make good light reading :)) Also [wine alert] I'd have said he was too experienced to so obviously buddy up to a scummate. [/wine alert]
Neutral overall, 'cause I can't make up my mind which way to jump.

Others are roughly where I thought last time.

I'll put this up now, but I'm going to be around for a while longer, so I may update further.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Suzaku » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm UTC

Unofficial Votals (updating Silnor's update of mine):

Christophoros - 2 (wam, Madge)
wam - 1 (Carlington)
Madge - 3 (Silknor, Christophoros, Bartimaeus)
eculc - 2 (Suzaku, BoomFrog)

Not voting: eculc

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Deadline in just under six-and-a-half hours.

Deadline will be 7:00 on Saturday morning here. I can't guarantee that I'll be up that early, but if I am I will be following the thread.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Silknor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm UTC

BoomFrog wrote:Wow, seriously, Silknor you are twisting everything I say and defending Eculc to a ridiculous extent and you've been doing it since the day started. If Silknor and Eculc aren't scumbuddies I will eat my hat. I'd lynch either of them at the moment but I think it'll be easier for others to agree that Eculc has been extremely scummy.


The funny thing is I think Eculc is actually scummier than the median (though my read of the chance that he's scum is still far below 50% due to the low prior probability). But man, you have had some far fetched attacks on him. Anyway, I'd start marinating that hat now, it takes a few days to tenderize.

I've also spent a lot of time defending Christophoros. Obviously I'm not scumbuddies with both. Which suggests that either:
1. There have been some genuinely weak attacks on both of them.
or
2. I just really, really, really want Madge dead because...she ran over my friend Catherine?

Trick question. It's both (the cat part may have been in a dream though).

By the way, I'd love to see an example of how I twisted your words.

Boomfrog wrote:You are nitpicking my statement instead of addressing my point which is that it is very illogical of Eculc to conclude that scum are more likely to be on the Snark wagon then voting for him. Seems much more likely he is letting his secret knowledge seep through.


eculc wrote:as for scumhunting, we're not in much of a better position on that front today than D1 as there's not much we can learn from snark's lynch except that there were probably scum on his bandwagon.


Emphasis added to both. Was your statement really a fair evaluation of what Eculc said?
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby eculc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm UTC

Boomfrog, you do realize that "on the bandwagon" means voting for him, just like everyone else, i.e. "jumping on the bandwagon"
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Bartimaeus
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:35 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere near NYC, but nobody's heard of

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Bartimaeus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 pm UTC

I am still comfortable with my position on Madge.

User avatar
Christophoros
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:01 pm UTC
Location: The realm of the undead
Contact:

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Christophoros » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 pm UTC

Suzaku wrote:I'm also feeling better about about Christophoros.
In this post, he posted an analysis of each player, which I guess BF must have missed.

Thanks - I haven't been around to point that out myself until now.

Given that both Suzaku and Silknor are defending me against these fairly weak attacks, I'm growing more confident of their townie status. If they were scum they would have no reason to defend me, and would actually have a fairly easy job of attacking me if they wanted, given that I've not been that active.

I'm sticking on Madge for today, but I think I may be looking at BoomFrog for a target tomorrow.
"Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake."

"Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement."

Never Forget

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby eculc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:27 pm UTC

In all honesty, I'm thinking boomfrog is a little suspicious as well. I don't see how silknor is "twisting your words" and you tell people to blindly follow your advice (with the qualifier that you die and are confirmed town, but still)?

But, of course, I can't just vote for you or people will suspect me of doing it just because you said I should be lynched upon your death. Well, now that I've said it too, can we just recognize it as the wine that it is?

Well, since I'm already making a post, I'll give some more general reads of people:

Carlington - neutral, still kind of lurky but better than D1 so neutral/townie

Suzaku - Voting for me, MUST BE SCUM some content here and there, but looks to me more like semi-active lurking. Slightly scummy.

Boomfrog - Good level of content, but some IMO ill-founded attacks on what I said earlier. Neutral.

Silknor - Wants to lynch madge. A lot. If madge is scum, major townie points. Other than that, plenty of content so slightly townie.

Christophoros - not much to say, but when it's said it's reasonable and well thought out. Townie.

Madge - some votes here and there, but not much to say. Neutral/slightly scummy.

I'm running out of time now, so I'll likely be back to write up something about wam and bartimaeus.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Suzaku » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

Lataro wrote:Sorry for the lack of being a good mod, thanks to those tracking votals as they have. I'm in the process of moving to a new place and have a lot to deal with the last couple days, and the next couple as well.

As for deadline, lets round it and call it exactly 2 PM PST Friday. I pry won't be around to call it, but for all practical purposes, that's the cut off.

Deadline has passed, peeps. (Unless I got my timezones wrong, in which case apologies)
No posting in thread at night :)
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Suzaku » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:26 pm UTC

Deadline has well and truly passed.

Final (unofficial) votals:

Christophoros - 2 (wam, Madge)
wam - 1 (Carlington)
Madge - 3 (Silknor, Christophoros, Bartimaeus)
eculc - 2 (Suzaku, BoomFrog)

Not voting: eculc

Madge has been lynched by majority vote. Remember, no reading spoilers until this is confirmed in the morning.

It is night: Please send all night actions to Lataro (NOT to me; I'm not the mod :))

I'll leave the deadline for Lataro to decide.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D2: Dead People

Postby Lataro » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:24 am UTC

Thanks, and again, sorry all for my underwhelming performance here. I'm about halfway moved into my new place, and pry have another half week or so of being truly crazy. I'll process the end of night ASAP, so please do make sure you get your actions in. As said, Madge was indeed lynched.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
Lataro
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun N2: It's Night Two

Postby Lataro » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 am UTC

Madge is dead, she was a One-Shot Hitman.

Silknor was NK'ed, he was a town Tracker/Watcher.

Day Three starts now, deadline is roughly a week from now.

Seven alive, Four to hammer!
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

User avatar
Silknor
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D3: Town Special Dead-ed-ed-ed!

Postby Silknor » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 am UTC

Boomfrog might find this reference to be highly useful.

Bon Appetit!
Last edited by Silknor on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Nikc wrote:Silknor is the JJ Abrams of mafia modding

User avatar
Suzaku
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am UTC
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D3: Town Special Dead-ed-ed-ed!

Postby Suzaku » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 am UTC

Quick one:

IIWAC
Spoiler:
I got no useful information.


Seven alive, so currently 6/1.

We're in game C, so:
Madge was the goon become hitman (var. 5).
Remaining scum is either Godfather or RB.
There is one insane cop and maybe a naive cop.
One person is either a vig or a doc.
There may be one other doc.

More later as time permits.
Pronouns: he/him/his > they/them/their >> it/it/its
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Some guy on the Internet wrote:The thing about the inevitable, it has a bad habit of actually happening.

User avatar
BoomFrog
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am UTC
Location: Seattle

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D3: Town Special Dead-ed-ed-ed!

Postby BoomFrog » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 am UTC

Huh.

Anyway, IIAAC:
Spoiler:
I targeted Wam and got a town result.


I am not the chosen.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

User avatar
eculc
Wet Peanut Butter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am UTC

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D3: Town Special Dead-ed-ed-ed!

Postby eculc » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

IIWAC:
Spoiler:
I targeted Boomfrog and got a result of town.


What are we going to do about the chosen townie? I see boomfrog has already claimed he is not it.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.


Return to “Mafia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests