Lataro's Simple Fun Game Over: Town wins.

For your simulated organized crime needs.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BoomFrog

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun D5: Deathless

Postby BoomFrog » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 pm UTC

2/3rd auto loss if counterclaimed. But at that point with 1 mafia vs 7 town and 3 of those are confirmed town 1/3rd chance for almost autowin is a good risk. In hindsight I'd have done the same thing in his situation.

If Eculc isn't scum then why didn't Madge switch her vote onto him for "Self preservation" like she was so eager to do to you?
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:51 am UTC

Sorry, I had almost forgotten about this game for the past few days.

Anyways, what's this about me being scum? I was correct about the variation, was I not? As we saw earlier, carlington claimed doctor, which means that I've been right about everyone's roles so far, which means that either (A) I'm actually the chosen townie, or (B) I am an (INCREDIBLY) lucky scum, for not only guessing that snark was the chosen townie (and being correct) AND for correctly guessing the variation that we're in (and again, being correct).

I don't know that there's much more to say. we have a chosen townie (me), an naive cop (christophoros) and a doctor (Carlington). And a mafia godfather, with only one player left to fill that role.

Vote: Boomfrog
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:02 am UTC

BF, this argument:
If Eculc isn't scum then why didn't Madge switch her vote onto him for "Self preservation" like she was so eager to do to you?

Holds exactly no water. A fool could see that. There were so many people in the game at that point, why *would* Madge switch her vote to eculc for "self preservation"? Madge also didn't switch her vote on to me. Am I scum? She didn't switch her vote onto you, either. Are you scum?

Personally, I'm in favour of a no lynch tonight. We're at 1/3, and there *should* be three confirmed townies, but we have one disputed claim. A mislynch tonight + the consequent NK would put us at 1/1, which is a mafia win. Now, if I vote no lynch, then that puts us at 2 votes for BF and 1 for eculc - which is a lynch. So eculc, understand that this vote isn't actually me voting for you, it's me voting for a tied vote and hence no lynch.

Vote: eculc
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 am UTC

At the time madge was happy to tie the votes by voting Chris but I changed my vote to eculc leaving madge in the lead again and eculc one vote behind her. Then she didn't change to Eculc despite being able to tie the votes and save herself.

And no lynch doesn't help because we can't possibly learn anything more. There are two choices and if you're going to lynch me and lose twenty dollars and my self respect tomorrow then just do it today. You and the other Chris need to come to a consensus.
"Everything I need to know about parenting I learned from cooking. Don't be afraid to experiment, and eat your mistakes." - Cronos

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:18 am UTC

FYI that was "lose the ga me" but this forum has an interesting filter.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:54 am UTC

Unvote
Vote: BoomFrog

All or nothing, now.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

BoomFrog

Postby BoomFrog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:46 pm UTC

Yeah I didn't think that would work, but if I had counterclaimed doctor I think Eculc and Chris would have sided against me as well. I'm fairly satisfied with getting to the last day considering the circumstances.

GG town. I appreciate the decision to not mass claim it made the game much more fun. I'm at the airport now so see you later. Hope you'll sign up for another round. The game is even more fun when there's no confirmed town.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:49 pm UTC

very true. if we hadn't had confirmed town, carlington's strategy of NL tonight would have been best, and from there...who knows.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Lataro

Postby Lataro » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am UTC

Anti-climatic town win.

Game Over.

Unofficial win for BF.
DS9, after being told the story and moral of the boy who cried wolf by Julian.

Garak: "Are you sure that's the moral?"
Julian: "Of course. What else could it be?"
Garak: "Never tell the same lie twice."

Madge

Re: Lataro's Simple Fun Game Over: Town wins.

Postby Madge » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:33 am UTC

Great playing BF! Pity I wasn't online closer to the deadline or eculc would have gone down :P
I'm writing a supernatural romance novel, it updates the first weekend of every month. You can find it here.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 pm UTC

and I suspect you along with me, though BF may have been able to recover with the chosen townie not around to stop him.

Adam H

Postby Adam H » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

That was very climactic! GJ everyone. :)
-Adam

Return to “Mafia”