1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

kenmelken

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:00 am UTC

ONGward up the mountain

EDIT: Bahahaha! Grabbed the ONG and extended my papacy for another page in a row (my seventh reign).
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:17 am UTC

They don't have a meaning listed. Perhaps we can provide one? Muahahahaha! :twisted:

AluisioASG wrote:Here we go: The Last Time Waiter, revised chapter 1: The Clock Ticks

Spoiler:
Now featuring:

“Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.” — ttscp
Spoiler:
The Order of the Time Waiters was deeply worried. Their numbers had been decreasing at an alarming rate, and soon there would be too few of them to perform all the work that had to be done. The leaders of the Order, as well as its most important public figures, were reunited to discuss the issue. A lot was said about the causes of the problem: it was difficult to recruit outsiders, and those who joined them failed to fully grasp the sacredness and importance of their work. A few experiments had been done to generate humans tuned to their necessities, but they failed in rather awkward ways.

And yet, despite all the discussion, by dinner time not a single solution had been proposed. Everyone was now looking at the only person who hadn't opened her mouth.

The Archduchess BlitzGirl.

The Archduchess wrote:Thanks for all this attention; I don't deserve it at all. But, to answer the question not asked, yes, I have a solution.

The Archduchess' passivity on revealing her solution to such a important issue upset Arch-Cardinal buffygirl, official perfect milliner of the Order.

The Arch-Cardinal wrote:And why wasn't this solution mentioned before? Before we wasted all this time in useless discussions?

The Archduchess wrote:I had to consider the implications of my proposal, dear Arch-Cardinal. I am sure many of you won't like it at all, but seeing no one has a better idea, I'm afraid it's our only salvation.

The Archduchess wrote:It is of public knowledge that the Arch-Cardinal has traveled to the Northern Lights a few years ago. In her report, she mentions, between other things, an engineer who lives in Halcyon and is known for creating machines designed for working reliably for incredibly long timespans, having been given the title of Engineer of Eternity.

This part of her report caught my attention a few months ago, when this issue started to be noticed. Since then, I have been thinking deeply on the feasibility of a machine capable of recording and analyzing the Frames. Such a machine would be capable of performing its functions even after our lifetimes.

So this is my proposal: travel to the Northern Lights, find this Engineer of Eternity and ask him to build us this machine, if possible.

The Archduchess could see the shock on her peers' faces. If that wasn't a despairing situation, her high status and popularity wouldn't prevent her from being burned for heresy. Even through in a civilized society, such a suggestion shouldn't case such commotion, human nature itself prevents rational thinking at the mere mention of ‘disposability’. But that was a despairing situation, which called for a desperate solution.

The Arch-Cardinal was the only one strong enough to raise her voice.

The Arch-Cardinal wrote:I suppose… that we don't have another choice. Director Kieryn, assemble a party. We will depart with the first sun rays.

Does anyone else here watch Criminal Minds?

Ooh. Nice. I like the idea of Blitzgirl and Buffygirl being rivals, if that actually is what is to happen here.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 am UTC

fhorn wrote:Barkeep - pour me another. Just me, JatutedyZed and 52 guests here in the OTTTavern tonight..........

ETA: oops! Buncha you sitting in the dark corner over there. Barkeep, a round for everyone!

Ooh! Drinks all around? *raises glass* to you and your generosity and to the OTT fellowship. :mrgreen:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 am UTC

OTT-worthy card for Mother, with discussion
Spoiler:
BlueCrab wrote:
ergman wrote:
SBN wrote:
kenmelken wrote:@AluisioASG: Image

Also, I feel like this little delightful gem from a fewpix ago got ignored, but it was a literal LOL for me, so I'm bumping it forward for continued appreciation:
SBN wrote:I'll just leave this here.Image

I love how clearly "Molpy" has made its way into your household's vocabulary, and was curious about the "R" at the end as well. But it's pretty funny. :P

Not actually mine, it is from the cheeseburger parenting fails page. But it was amusing to run across Molpy there.

wait, is it supposed to say molpy, or something else? reveal to me the thought process of the child!!

Yeah good luck with that!*

Okay, experienced child-writing analysis here: Given the handwriting and drawing skills combined I'd say the writer is 9 or so, at the upper end of the age range at which letters are still often reversed, so it could be ‘Molqy.’ (Technically a 'p' can also be interchangeable with a 'b' or a 'd,' but the style of the 'b' and 'd’s' in the other words are different from the 'p,' so I'm saying 'q.') The spacing is good throughout and also the descender of the 'p' is stylistically different from the 'l’s' otherwise I'd say it might be intended to be ‘Molloy;’ the nicely written 'e’s' in the rest of the words tell me that the vowel in ‘Molpy’ is intended to be an 'o.' Thus the first word is either ‘Molpy’ or 'Molqy.’ A nickname? A Time Waiter's child?

I think the original word behind ‘Obedient’ was ‘Outstanding.’

The drawing is fun: spiked hair, blue and orange combined, and the pieces on the shoulders resembling armor make me think the creator is a boy, while the heart stickers, pink legs, and word choices make me think it's a girl. Affectionate boy, holistic girl, maybe brother and sister together?

Wistful: it would be really cool to find out, I used to be really good at this game.

*[voice of experience]To me, there's no point asking a child what they were thinking. The answer probably won't be helpful, and probably will infuriate you one way or another.[/voice of experience]

Edit: only the finest of parents deserve the ‘Rude’ designation. Whether it's champion belching, quasi-dirty songs, or being quietly snarky, to a child rudeness in a parent is something to be admired and emulated, a pinnacle to be striven for.

Of course, it's possible that this parent makes a habit of interrupting or making the child actually leave the (bathroom/tv/computer/phone/paper dolls - delete or supplant as necessary) once in a while. But that's no fun at all. :)

sbn suggested: Maybe the d in rude is a reversed b, and the child was trying to say "Ruby"? Here's a link to the source, which does indicate the child is male. http://cheezburger.com/7508875520

Drat, yes, I'd meant to include the possibility of ‘rude’ being ‘ruby,’ and also of ‘Molpy’ being ‘Mopey’ which is apparently what the boy was trying to say. Thanks for giving the link, it saved me much (enjoyable but frustrating on an iPhone) Time looking for it myself. And thanks for posting it in the first place!
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 am UTC

BirthYear-ONG
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:20 am UTC

Ergman wrote: They don't have a meaning listed. Perhaps we can provide one? Muahahahaha!

Yeah, it says that Molpy is derived from Molpe but doesn't give the meaning, annoying. However, the Molpe entry says it's from Old Greek - in mythology, a siren. Sirens were supposed to be pretty nasty, so I think your Muahahahaha has been fulfilled! (Um, really really don't feed the Squirpies, Megan!)
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:00 am UTC

ONG
ETA: 111111111111111
Last edited by spamjam on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 am UTC

Sweet sassy molassy, this is post 32768 ─ 215 ─ at least for the moment. This post number would cause an integer overflow on an IBM 1130 business system.

Still, it's not good enough for me.

I'm still around; I've been teaching myself some Python, and banging my head over MatPlotLib. I'm almost ready to post something with actual content.

Meanwhile, Time's nearly at its 2000th frame, there's a bunch more great filk I haven't had a chance to look at, and it's coma time again. Good night, Mrs. MobTeeseboose, wherever you are!
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:11 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Sweet sassy molassy, this is post 32768 ─ 215 ─ at least for the moment. This post number would cause an integer overflow on an IBM 1130 business system.

Still, it's not good enough for me.

I'm still around; I've been teaching myself some Python, and banging my head over MatPlotLib. I'm almost ready to post something with actual content.

Meanwhile, Time's nearly at its 2000th frame, there's a bunch more great filk I haven't had a chance to look at, and it's coma time again. Good night, Mrs. MobTeeseboose, wherever you are!

I've worked with python a bit in the past - mostly in the context of pygame, because apparently my programming class at school thinks that's a valid game development environment. Well, it's all right for learning, I suppose. I mostly can't get over the feeling that I'm doing something naughty when I make a function that makes a function that makes a class...and the lack of semicolons.

Anyhow...
print("{0}{1}{2}{3}".format("c", "o", "m", "a"))

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:15 am UTC

mscha wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:Phhew.... Long wipend and busy wips ahead...

That's an awesome, but very sad (and a bit bitter sounding) filk...
Good luck on the Outside, and don't be a stranger. Know that Time will fly a little bit lower in your (posting) absence.

Edit: and welcome back, TimeLurker! Have a good Blitz!

I think the bit of bitterness is Dylan's not StratPlayer's.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:28 am UTC

ttscp wrote:
kenmelken wrote:In the present again (luckily only had 2 NPs to read).

azule wrote:
kenmelken wrote:First, trivia time. Who can identify what this image is/what source relevant to the OTT it is from:

Hah, MobTeeseboose. Still at zero posts.

Well done! You win the prize! Once again, I don't know what the prize is. You now join ChronosDragon and k.bookbinder as people I owe prizes to.

dreiarmumig wrote:Here's a Twitter account with MobTeeseboose's profile picture. Seems to me like a spam account as well.

Whoa! Good find. :) So... it turns out that MobTeeseboose's real name (well... for a bot) is Coleman Cooley. Sounds like a guy name.

The avatar changes. I don't know how frequently, but I've seen at least four different pictures, two since you posted your challenge. The change is to all references, too, like the one in your post above.

Perhaps MTB is an on-line persona being groomed for later sale to the highest bidder or a witness protection program client or a spy.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:30 am UTC

ergman wrote:<snip> Ooh. Nice. I like the idea of Blitzgirl and Buffygirl being rivals, if that actually is what is to happen here.

So it has come to this.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:33 am UTC

azule wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Hmmm. Maybe I should tackle my favorite: Subterranean Homesick Blues.

Or "bob", replete with anagrams.

Is this a reference to Robert Wyatt? (Blues in Bob minor)

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:43 am UTC

partingLance wrote:NewPage 61 Revisited
Spoiler:
after Highway 61 Revisited -- as in, long after).

God said to Randall, this Comic's the One
Randall said man, you must be puttin' me on
God said No, and Randall, What?
God said, think what you want man but
I tell you, there's something novel under the Sun
Randall said, when was this anointing done?
God said, take a read of NewPage 61

Randall said God, man, what have I done?
God said, now don't you sweat it, son
I put this madness in alla they heads
Now some do this, 'stead of going to bed
I'm laughing loud, but to some of them, it's not all in fun
Randall said, how long will this foolishness run?
You should know, said God, and read NewPage 61

Randall said, I don't believe this, no
I do believe it's gotten out of control
I only wanted to change it up a bit
I'd no idea about this religion shit
Now how in hell am I gonna get this comic done?
God said, just think of the alt-text, son
Just Wait for it, and start at NewPage 61

Delightful Dolly.

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:10 am UTC

FLASHONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

XonqNopp

Re: 1190: "No More Time"

Postby XonqNopp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:11 am UTC

Argh... That's enough... I cannot ketchup anymore... (Yes, this is a blindpost.)

As I have my wedding on Saturday (religious one this time), I work [heresy]today and tomorrow[/heresy], then no more... And the next [heresy]two weeks[/heresy] I will be in honeymoon... That means I will not be able to follow the OTC :( I hope the end is not so near...

And I still have a lot of work to do before I leave, thus I cannot read the OTT...

So enjoy the OTC and the OTT and all the other stuff all of you... And see you in some more newpix! :mrgreen:
RandallsWhimsyist - WWRD (What Would Randall Draw

Wait well, all of you blitzers!

I guess that it will be the End of Time. Wait for it.

kenmelken

Re: 1190: "No More Time"

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:17 am UTC

XonqNopp wrote:Argh... That's enough... I cannot ketchup anymore... (Yes, this is a blindpost.)

As I have my wedding on Saturday (religious one this time), I work [heresy]today and tomorrow[/heresy], then no more... And the next [heresy]two weeks[/heresy] I will be in honeymoon... That means I will not be able to follow the OTC :( I hope the end is not so near...

And I still have a lot of work to do before I leave, thus I cannot read the OTT...

So enjoy the OTC and the OTT and all the other stuff all of you... And see you in some more newpix! :mrgreen:

Congrats and best wishes, XonqNopp! My fiancee and I have been kicking our own wedding plans into full-speed lately, so I totally understand, and my own Time will get more limited in the coming wips.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:59 am UTC

Exodies wrote:
azule wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Hmmm. Maybe I should tackle my favorite: Subterranean Homesick Blues.

Or "bob", replete with anagrams.

Is this a reference to Robert Wyatt? (Blues in Bob minor)

Weird Al - bob

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 am UTC

ONG

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:19 am UTC

So, a while back I posted a GIF animation consisting of only the prime-numbered frames of Time, ala Other Comic 521. At that point it went as far as prime-numbered frame 1657. Obviously, we've had more prime numbered frames since then (41, to be exact--which is in fact also a prime number). So, I've updated the animation to include the prime numbered panels which have transpired since then, current to prime-numbered frame 1993.

Notable commentary on the portions affected since the last compilation:
*The snake doesn't make it, although Megan is seen asking if it had horns over its eyes. We simply have no context for that question anymore.
*Similarly, most of the surviving dialogue in the new frames seems displaced significantly. This was not the case so much with the first 1600 frames condensed to primes, where the surviving dialogue often seemed to be the most important and independent snippets. However, as we get higher in frames, the frequency of primes is a lot more scant, so we miss a lot more.
*Despite how scant the primes are, we nonetheless were lucky enough to get one frame (1933) of the epic Wowterfall side-view.

So, here's the updated PrimeTime Gif:

Spoiler:
PrimeTime1993.gif

EDIT: Guess I could've waited one more newpix since the next one (1997) is prime too! :P Ah well.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:33 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:So, here's the updated PrimeTime Gif:

This, actually, explains the ugly television portfolio on "prime time".
Now I see it: They only air the prime number frames, maybe to create more space for prime advertising.

Oh ye gods.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:47 am UTC

SBN wrote:Maybe the d in rude is a reversed b, and the child was trying to say "Ruby"? Here's a link to the source, which does indicate the child is male. http://cheezburger.com/7508875520

The source also says that 'M is evidently "mopey".' Given that 'môme' is a French word for 'kid', I'd say the kid who wrote this was a mopey molpy mome.

I'm starting to think that rule 34i of the internet is, 'if it exists, there is cake of it.' with the lemma that somebody is saying that said cake is a lie.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:00 am UTC

Prime ONG (1997)

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 am UTC

Angelastic wrote:I'm starting to think that rule 34i of the internet is, 'if it exists, there is cake of it.' with the lemma that somebody is saying that said cake is a lie.

Spoiler:
TimeCake.png
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 am UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:I'm still around; I've been teaching myself some Python, and banging my head over MatPlotLib. I'm almost ready to post something with actual content.

Probably you use it already anyway but I can recommend iPython to work with MatPlotLib. I primarily use the notebook application, but the qtconsole may suit your workflow better.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Angelastic wrote:I'm starting to think that rule 34i of the internet is, 'if it exists, there is cake of it.' with the lemma that somebody is saying that said cake is a lie.

Spoiler:

*jaw gapes in awe*

As PagePope I hereby grant you the title of Cake Queen of Time (but not Cupcakes, as that is Valarya's domain). Now, take your place among the greats who have gone before, like, um... the characters in Candyland.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

Spoiler:
TimeCake.png

Wow, that's an awesome lie.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 am UTC

The weekly reminder on what would happen, if ....

(... the sun did not pay its power supply bill)
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:The weekly reminder on what would happen, if ....

Ooh! In it Randall mentions photic sneezing, which we were discussing in the OTT just 9 dips ago! It's all related...

XonqNopp

Postby XonqNopp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:The weekly reminder on what would happen, if ....

You mean the bill at the bottom of this page?? :mrgreen:
RandallsWhimsyist - WWRD (What Would Randall Draw

Wait well, all of you blitzers!

I guess that it will be the End of Time. Wait for it.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:00 am UTC

Steeper climbONG

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:01 am UTC

Spoiler:
Up & up ONG...

Edit: ninja'd!

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:08 am UTC

!!!!! I know I have been coma a while, but talked to the mighty creation of Randall, Bucket, and I received an answer!!!

Here:
screenshot-11-06-2013 01.06.03.jpg
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 am UTC

Opiboble! We have missed you! Welcome back. :)

Now, I'm going to coma temporarily, but not for too long, because I'd like to be here for the milestone occurring in 2 newpix. (At 1000 np, R gave us the fake loop. I'm wondering if he does similar at 2000).

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:24 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Spoiler:
TimeCake.png

Wow, that's an awesome lie.

Well, the original image is here:
The caption on the cake says "Congratulations - Nadav is 6" (years old)
But nicely done with that OTC frame.
It's about time.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:Opiboble! We have missed you! Welcome back. :)

Now, I'm going to coma temporarily, but not for too long, because I'd like to be here for the milestone occurring in 2 newpix. (At 1000 np, R gave us the fake loop. I'm wondering if he does similar at 2000).

Thank you Kenmelken,

I am off again for another outside adventure, but I shall be back within 5 days : ) I wish you all well in your waiting of Time while I am away yet again. Wait safe.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

tinosoph

Postby tinosoph » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:55 am UTC

Seriously, who eats all the cake in here? There should be more healthy stuff on the table.

That said, do we have any idea, what Cuegan are eating? Their food could tell us about their world.
i'm not new, i'm just infrequent

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 am UTC

tinosoph wrote:Seriously, who eats all the cake in here? There should be more healthy stuff on the table.

Try this.
Spoiler:
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:10 am UTC

TURTLONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 am UTC

kenmelken wrote:So, a while back I posted a GIF animation consisting of only the prime-numbered frames of Time, ala Other Comic 521. At that point it went as far as prime-numbered frame 1657. Obviously, we've had more prime numbered frames since then (41, to be exact--which is in fact also a prime number). So, I've updated the animation to include the prime numbered panels which have transpired since then, current to prime-numbered frame 1993.

Here's an animation consisting of all Fibonacci-numbered frames:
16 frames, so far. Next one to be included is #2584.

(Pretty useless, since the numbers rise so fast.)

Edit:
newpixbot wrote:TURTLONGS...

TurtlONGs? Where??
Last edited by mscha on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”