1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:40 am UTC

I was hoping to ketcup, but still have a few pages to go and I must coma. But here are a few things:

yappobiscuits wrote:
fhorn wrote:No, please don't change your otter, he's a cutie. I was so pleased that the Latin name for 'otter' fit the meter, and then I had to make up something to complete the damn poem.

Nah, I love my otter :D. And I seem to remember we established a while back that my otter was probably a she...

Yep, a girl otter because of the scarring on her nose. Beastly boy otters!

yappobiscuits wrote:
Opiboble wrote:But then again I think you might be dead since you are pope of the 666...

I'm undead and I don't know it 0.o ...I think I need to lie down...

I see dead people...and they don't even know they're dead...

Eternal Density wrote:At a poetry workshop in port
spoke a struggling poet named Mort:
"The first four are fine,
but the very last line
is too short."

I love it! Sort of the opposite of the one I posted.

azule wrote:
dreiarmumig wrote:Baaw. I love sorbet.

I know your feel. I think we have just found the new OTD of the OTT.

What the what? I mean, I like sorbet, but if offered the choice between sorbet or cupcakes, I'm going with cupcakes every time.
Ah, but Valarya has come up with a win-win solution:
Valarya wrote:Nooo! CUPCAKES! Cupcakes are better. :evil: Wait. Why can't we just have both?! :idea: :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
The following cupcakes all have sorbet icing, sorbet stuffing, or sorbet topping:

Now everyone's happy, the cupcakeists and the sorbetists.

Valarya wrote:You're quite welcome. :) It bothers me that all of my dactyl's have been unappreciated, lol. So I'm spreading some love. Love and sorbet cupcakes.

Aww, Valarya, everything you do here is appreciated! But you know how crazy the OTT is. People see things at different times, and sometimes they've moved onto something else and they're more focused on the new thing. And with the millions of word we're writing, people are bound to miss stuff. I do know how you feel, sometimes you put things out there and it seems like no one notices. But sometimes stuff gets lost in the ketchup. I wrote my two boom de yada verses, and only a couple of people seemed to notice it at the time. But other people keep commenting on it when they come across it. (And I know one of your poems was about GoT, but I don't watch it and didn't get the references.) :( But don't worry, we love you! MWAH!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Ding, DONG, is Cueball dead?

And yes, this is a double post. So there. I am like the Sea5.

5BIG

FTFY. But that may have been done before, I am about 40 pages behind.

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue May 21, 2013 9:01 am UTC

StrONG.
Is she picking something up? Or just getting tired?

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 am UTC

buffygirl wrote:THHHBBBT! So my hattiness is not recorded as creativity? Poopy!

The amazingness of your hats cannot be measured.

ucim and azule, wonderful stories, thank you!!

AluisioASG wrote:About Oklahoma: I think the static images may have been Lord Randall's version of "one minute of silence".

I like that idea. Maybe so.

I hope jjjdavidson is ok. Awhile back he said they were having tornado warnings. Hope he's not in Oklahoma.

I really will coma now. Good night!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Tue May 21, 2013 9:09 am UTC

It does look as though she may be resting with her hand on her knee; but also looks like her other arm sticking out back; so I'd guess she's leaning over to pick something.

Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Tue May 21, 2013 9:25 am UTC

spamjam wrote:It does look as though she may be resting with her hand on her knee; but also looks like her other arm sticking out back; so I'd guess she's leaning over to pick something.

I think she's waving Cueball over to have a look at something she's found

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 am UTC

Sheldon wrote:
spamjam wrote:It does look as though she may be resting with her hand on her knee; but also looks like her other arm sticking out back; so I'd guess she's leaning over to pick something.

I think she's waving Cueball over to have a look at something she's found

Or: "Stand back - I've got this"

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Tue May 21, 2013 9:39 am UTC

Very short ketchup; I'm breaking to coma. Still 9 NP back (664/673). Probably going to be more like 19 NP back by the time I get back here, since traditionally you guys move 10 NP in one coma/work cycle for me.

@astrocub re: image of doom
@f0rmicUla re: firstpost (technically throwing it forward, but I replied too)

Spoiler:
astrocub wrote:Warning: Do not open the following spoiler if you have any history of seizures, epilepsy, migraines, brain-eating amoebi, double-dactyl dyslexia, semencancerbabies, swollen footnotes, sudden appearance of molpyflowers, or if you are taking any AEDs or MAOIs MAOIi .
<image of pure pain removed>

I had a history of brain-eating amoebi (two amoebi - one river-ish and one sea-ish). This image killed both. I suggest you put a brand name on it and sell it as medication for such things. This may have been because the amoebi starved to death after my brain insta-died from viewing this image. Legal disclaimer: I am full of BS and you should not listen to me ever.

f0rmicUla wrote:
Ace wrote:
ucim wrote:@Ace, and any other new posters Welcome!

Ooh, a personalised welcome! I've been lurking so long (practically since the OTC started - I came to see what the deal was with two stick figures on a beach) that I felt a bit weird about delurking, but I'm feeling better about it now.

I'm a Since-the-beginning-of-Time lurker, too. I've been enjoying XKCD for years, but I rarely went to the forums/fora and didn't feel the need to sign up.
But now, after reading 600ish NPs and feeling encouraged by ucim I just have to take my imaginary hat off to you all. All this creativity and madness, the haikus, poems, hats, velocirhapsodies, charts, maps, and whatnot really give me the feeling that mankind is not all screwed up. This may sound a bit elevated but I mean it. As someone said before, this (the OTT, of course) must be the most civilised place in the internets. To me it is for sure, and the funniest and most interesting place, too.
Time dwellers, blitzers, and condimenters:Thank you!

f0rmi

*tosses firstpost forward* Yay, another lurker delurking! You should come all the way out, we don't bite much. :D But whether you do or don't, thank you for sharing this.

(btw, if mankind gets too screwed up, we can always put berries in their coffee. That seemed to help ucim's clerics find enlightenment.)

Non-ketchup wonderings: I don't believe I've seen BlitzGirl, BuffyGirl, Dracomax, StratPlayer, or Opiboble, among others, in the past several NP. Have they returned yet, or do we need to send a search party to the Outside to rescue them?
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue May 21, 2013 9:50 am UTC

PhoenixRising wrote:Non-ketchup wonderings: I don't believe I've seen BlitzGirl, BuffyGirl, Dracomax, StratPlayer, or Opiboble, among others, in the past several NP. Have they returned yet, or do we need to send a search party to the Outside to rescue them?

And I miss KarMann. You don't have to ketchup KarMann, just come back to us!

(Hey, MobTeeseboose is gone.)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Tue May 21, 2013 9:57 am UTC

ttscp wrote:I think you have it right, with one correction, the first paragraph contributes little to your OTACS because it consists of words used in all previous posts, not just your posts, and one addition, it is not only words but word sequences (two words, three words, four words, ...), that he compares so that even if "double dactyl" has been used before, the phrase "dactyl double" will count, albeit not quite as much as a new word.

All subject to Sciscitor's corrections, but for that you'll have to wait until he arises from coma.

Your critique is entirely accurate, however. Measuring creativity is extremely difficult and (in my opinion not necessarily Sciscitor's) involves all of our thought processes up to and including consciousness.

Your explanation on the scoring algorithm is quite right.
What I try to measure is just one dimension - the verbal content. This also is nothing but a crude approximation anyways. I put some thought into this to come up with a consistent model that is feasable to compute. The result is nothing more but an indicator, albeit one that I feel fits the observed activity in the OTT.
Creativity per se can not be measured. I did not set out to include images, songs and video - I know enough about this to know that I won't be able to come up with anything reasonable at this. (Just think about it: How would an algorithm know if something is just a link to some other content or a link to something the person created themselves?)
I also did not set out to create an algorithm that can't be gamed. There are lot of possibilities to f*ck up the score with careful wording and structuring. (You can argue that coming up with such a scheme would count as creativity as well, though.) It's just a fun metric to apply to a rather complex amount of data and the results are not totally random.

But since it's scope is rather narrow and folks feel left out or being unfairly ranked, I will leave it at this.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 am UTC

OOFONG.
Just tired then, probably.

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 am UTC

FirstPost bump (CrossbreedPriscilla.PostCount==1).
CrossbreedPriscilla wrote:So, I just had to make an account to make some attempt at following all this. I was following it every half hour, back when that's how often it updated but, but it got away from me and reading this thread got way too daunting. So yeah, I'm probably going to be repeating what others have already said.

So, just my personal take on this comic. The obvious idea is that the sea is a metaphor for time, death and, specifically, cancer. The sea rising signalling a relapse, poised to destroy all they built. Of course, they don't understand what could be making the sea rise or causing the relapse, so they're on a mission to find out. I'm sure that's been repeated a million times by now.

The last few pieces of a dialogue haven't really fit with the metaphor though. And the tents made me think of a post apocalyptic world or something. I dunno. Just wanted to post.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 am UTC

Hymnally Dimnally
Masses of Time's devout
insyncocantillate
words to arched roof.
In the back pew I must
stifle a giggle when
true to the litany
Faithful go "oof."
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue May 21, 2013 10:32 am UTC

XonqNopp wrote:BONGWL

maybe if there were planet sized bowling balls I would finally be good at bowling
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue May 21, 2013 11:00 am UTC

No OofONG.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue May 21, 2013 11:06 am UTC

ergman wrote:

maybe if there were planet sized bowling balls I would finally be good at bowling

Planet size bowling balls? Texticles? Something on your mind, ergman?
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue May 21, 2013 11:12 am UTC

Exodies wrote:
ergman wrote:

Must be on my mind: I read that as "ergasm."
Agatha the Awesomeful

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue May 21, 2013 11:23 am UTC

foilman wrote:No OofONG.

Our Beloved Cartoonist has put a lot of work into these little scenes - deciding on the location, type of flora, season, time of day, how much each plant will have grown between frames, whether the leaves will be raised or drooping depending on the angle of the sun, insect population, molpy infestation levels, amount of spring-back from C and M's footprints, etc, etc.

But damnitall, where are the atmospherics? Doesn't a 2D slice show mist? But what about moisture between the camera and the slice? And changing light levels from planetary rotation?

If he'd just put a little more effort into it instead of goofing off with his Whatever page and the so called Other Comics, we might have a Comic worthy of the Time WastedWaited.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 am UTC

ggh wrote:
Exodies wrote:
ergman wrote:

Must be on my mind: I read that as "ergasm."

A result of aural sex?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue May 21, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 21, 2013 12:05 pm UTC

Uh ONG...

Watch out, Cuegan!!

Edit: shoot, just (ONGlessly hit-and-run-)ninja'd. :( Keeping it up anyway, for obvious reasons...
Last edited by mscha on Tue May 21, 2013 12:31 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 21, 2013 12:08 pm UTC

Ketchup report...

The first half of my upketching was done last night in bed on my phone, I didn't even attempt to summarize, and I won't do so now – I'm not sure which parts of what I remember are real and which parts are from after I fell asleep...
I do remember:
  • The story of newpixbot: cool! And indeed, it's a mo mip old – Time flies. About the “CampONG”: indeed, very pescient of newpixbot! In fact, I think we can safely assume that every single one of newpixbot's ONGs makes a prediction that will come true at some point, we just don't know when, could be yips from now. (The good thing about this theory is that you can't prove it wrong ... until Time ends, and then it doesn't matter anymore. Image)
  • Poetry, both doubledyadactyldy and limericky, some of it featuring yours truly. Cool! (And Valarya, yours were appreciated too, even if I didn't respond.)
  • Sherbet cupcakes. Now that must have been in a dream, that's simply too good to be true. Image

Now back to live ketchuping.

HAL9000 wrote:
Whizbang wrote:What's with the little white dot in the mustard?

Now that you point it out, I can't help but notice it. It was in the last frame, too, and nobody saw it.
Perhaps a slight error on the part of Randall?

Heretic! Pelt him with Hershey's Kisses! Our OTL Randall makes no mistakes! It must be a Molpy hole of sorts. (Um, I mean, what ergman said.)
(It took me forever to spot it... “White” is overstating it a bit, it's #151515 and #020202.)

charlie_grumbles wrote:No Change-ONG?

moody7277 wrote:The hashes are different:
19:00 CDT: c9e937ac9be699cf41fc9d467bdd18e5d156b9cecfa1748424ba6a2b46f8c49a.png
20:00 CDT: eb79e4d955afdd980f76d9d9ae59f8bc2b36820674239f8e5e113904a9e020ac.png

jjjdavidson wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:Three times in a row!?
I'm actually a little worried now, but it's probably just a server hiccup.

OMR! It's the End of Time!
...Well, somebody had to say it.

jjjdavidson wrote:MovemONG at last!

I'm glad I just missed this panic – wouldn't have been able to coma for sure. Image
Just a quick note that these images are still identical (byte for byte), have different hases, and have not been retroactively changed on the server. (None of the previous times this happened, it was fixed. Never happened with three in a row, though.)
Probably just a [heresy]mistake[/heresy] while rendering the final images. (The other possibility, the server was out of images and Randall or his minions had to upload a new batch, is less likely,

azule wrote:Fourth Leg Panorama. Only thing to note is all newpanels have been higher than the previous (except the first 2).
Edit: Oh, yeah, there's a cutoff small tree (between the 2nd and 3rd large trees, from the left). This is pretty rare, as only M&C have been cutoff before, not the sidescrolling scenery. :|

Proof that the scenes are not exactly adjacent. (And that what you're doing with these wonderful panoramas is not exactly correct – but we'll ignore that.) Only a few pixels were cut off, though, so not necessarily a big gap.

azule, in The Story of NewPixBot, wrote:This concludes the story. Thank you to every who read and enjoyed this work.

Thanks for that! That was a very interesting interpretation. Image

ucim wrote:
Chapter 6

Wonderful, albeit less Imagey than earlier episodes. Very foreboding, can't wait to hear what happens next. I hope macraw83 will be OK... Image

ChronosDragon wrote:Quite right - a picture is worth a thousand words, no matter how creative. Well, some pictures are. Perhaps a picture is worth it's filesize (1 kb = 1 word, for png) in words, so a more complex and presumably information-filled picture is worth more words than a blank white picture.

In that case, I'll start saving my images as .bmp files from now on. Image
Edit: slightly more seriously, that's probably not quite fair. Buffygirl's hats are quite tiny, filesize-wise, but have a much higher level of creativity than a lot of the larger images some of us have posted (like mine, one message up from this).

ETA:
ggh wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:Non-ketchup wonderings: I don't believe I've seen BlitzGirl, BuffyGirl, Dracomax, StratPlayer, or Opiboble, among others, in the past several NP. Have they returned yet, or do we need to send a search party to the Outside to rescue them?

BuffyGirl, Dracomax, StratPlayer and Opiboble have certainly been posting in the past icositetranewpix.
I'm starting to get worries about BlitzGirl, though... Her last sign of life was on page 655:
BlitzGirl wrote:Or else they've fattened themselves up for the long journey ahead... :wink:
Anyone for roasted bird-which-I-thought-about-calling-a-rabtor-but-am-not-convinced-of-the-rab-part and river water?
I hope she didn't get poisoned from the maybe-rab-tor, or the river water-or-whatever-it-is... Image
KarMann hasn't been seen since page 644:
KarMann wrote:A message from NewPage 619:
There was a time, before Time, when I would have sworn that there was no such thing as too much ketchup.
Those days are behind me now.
I hope to rejoin you y'all in the Present sometime soon.
I hope he didn't drown in his own ketchup... Image
Last edited by mscha on Tue May 21, 2013 12:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue May 21, 2013 12:34 pm UTC

Just a small taste of ketchup this morning. It seems to be a long slow slog uphill for Cuegan. Perhaps a rest is in order? I am pleased to see the trees getting bigger. But disappointed at the absence of molpy and other molpy-like creatures (except for those molpy-flies some newpix ago). Today shall likely be a horrible day in the office. As such, I'm as likely not to be here in the OTT, but will be watching Time when I can and hope to ketchup again this evening. Keep the faith, all, and wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

Oh good, the voices are behaving themselves today
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Pun Gent1

Postby Pun Gent1 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:36 pm UTC

Sorry to act the Noob here, but has it ever been mentioned if this whole shebang might be available as a continuous slide show at some point in the future? Maybe as an animated Gif? Is there any endgame for this wonderful diversion (not that I'm looking forward to an ending), but I was curious if there was one mentioned previously. Has anyone collected outside this forum all of the pics on a single page to view? I didn't realize until now that it was being updated every 1/2 hour, and while I checked back on it daily I know I'm missing quite a bit of it.

Thanks!

'Drew

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 21, 2013 12:40 pm UTC

Post coma tomato based condiment
Heresy:
The OTT as a place of refuge in times of trouble(Mother megan comes to me?)

Spoiler:
HAL9000 wrote:
Whizbang wrote:What's with the little white dot in the mustard?

Now that you point it out, I can't help but notice it. It was in the last frame, too, and nobody saw it.
Perhaps a slight error on the part of Randall?

All followers of the OTC should know better, but a higher standard must be expected of you, HAL. You are a leader here; your example could and will lead others into the light of the OTC, or into heresy such that not even the comfy chair can save us. I expect better of you, and am deeply dissapointed.

For such error, we must sadly pronounce punishment, for it proves that even one of the brightest and best among us can fall, and that even those who operate upon pure programming can fall into error and apostacy. For such errors in one so High, there can only be one punishment. HAL, you shall be reprogrammed to remove your love of skittles, and then placed in a 6 foot tub of Skittles, and then pelted with sun melted M&Ss by the public.

k.bookbinder wrote:
buffygirl wrote:My heart goes out to all the people in Oklahoma and the aftermath of today's devastating tornado. I had to stop watching it on TV because it's just too upsetting.

Here here. We must always remember that during such tragedies we are fortunate to be able to come here to the OTT. Our troubles in the [heretical] Outside [/heretical] pale in comparison to the suffering and loss of those in Moore, OK. :( My heart goes out to them.

edit: corrected city name

I think all of our hearts go out to them. Everyone here is good people, so I can't imagine we wouldn't. I'm just glad a place like this exists to let us all have some lighter time in the midst of such tragedy, and such awesome people to share it with. even if it isn't said enough, I think you all are awesome, even when I disagree with you.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Post coma tomato based condiment
Heresy:
The OTT as a place of refuge in times of trouble(Mother megan comes to me?)

Speaking words of wisdom, "OK."

mikro2nd

Postby mikro2nd » Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 pm UTC

Flotter wrote:Speaking words of wisdom, "OK."

"Wait for it."

ftfy
One world, one soul
Time pass, the river rolls

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue May 21, 2013 1:00 pm UTC

Eong
Moving onward and upward.

Swein

Postby Swein » Tue May 21, 2013 1:05 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Ketchup report...

ETA:
ggh wrote:

BuffyGirl, Dracomax, StratPlayer and Opiboble have certainly been posting in the past icositetranewpix.
I'm starting to get worries about BlitzGirl, though... Her last sign of life was on page 655:
BlitzGirl wrote:Or else they've fattened themselves up for the long journey ahead... :wink:
Anyone for roasted bird-which-I-thought-about-calling-a-rabtor-but-am-not-convinced-of-the-rab-part and river water?
I hope she didn't get poisoned from the maybe-rab-tor, or the river water-or-whatever-it-is... Image
KarMann hasn't been seen since page 644:
KarMann wrote:A message from NewPage 619:
There was a time, before Time, when I would have sworn that there was no such thing as too much ketchup.
Those days are behind me now.
I hope to rejoin you y'all in the Present sometime soon.
I hope he didn't drown in his own ketchup... Image

Lost souls succumbing to Time while Waiting for It... the thought make me sad... Haiku time

While waiting for It
Time is hunting from behind
Souls lost to autumn
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Uh ONG...

Watch out, Cuegan!!

Edit: shoot, just (ONGlessly hit-and-run-)ninja'd. :( Keeping it up anyway, for obvious reasons...

I'm resisting the urge to weigh in on the direction of this discussion. :D

In case you hadn't noticed, my avatar is a clear bowling ball with a skull embedded inside. "Ebonite" is actually the name of a bowling ball company. I'm not affiliated with the company in any way; I just happen to be a competitive bowler. I used the name "Ebonite" for a D&D character many, many years ago, and have since re-used it as a character name, username, or avatar name for many purposes since.
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:

Watch out, Cuegan!!

In case you hadn't noticed, my avatar is a clear bowling ball with a skull embedded inside. "Ebonite" is actually the name of a bowling ball company. I'm not affiliated with the company in any way; I just happen to be a competitive bowler. I used the name "Ebonite" for a D&D character many, many years ago, and have since re-used it as a character name, username, or avatar name for many purposes since.

So, why are you(or one of your ten pin orb shaped brethren) trying to kill Cueball? :P
“have i gone mad?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue May 21, 2013 1:20 pm UTC

They'll survive if the Great Lord Randal wishes them to survive. We can do nothing to help them.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 21, 2013 1:25 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:They'll survive if the Great Lord Randal wishes them to survive. We can do nothing to help them.

We can wait.42

42for it
“have i gone mad?

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Ebonite wrote:

Watch out, Cuegan!!

So, why are you(or one of your ten pin orb shaped brethren) trying to kill Cueball? :P

Don't worry. It'll curve around them. :D
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue May 21, 2013 1:38 pm UTC

FIX THIS INJUSTICE
Attachments
Harpienow.jpg
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:

FIX THIS INJUSTICE

I don't care what any algorithm says, Buffygirl's hatterdashering is one of the top 5 creative efforts here.
“have i gone mad?

Swein

Postby Swein » Tue May 21, 2013 1:48 pm UTC

Oh well, time for porridge...
porridge.jpg
porridge.jpg (11.95 KiB) Viewed 17521 times
Last edited by Swein on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

FIX THIS INJUSTICE

I don't care what any algorithm says, Buffygirl's hatterdashering is one of the top 5 creative efforts here.

We did not invent the algorithm. The algorithm consistently finds Jesus. The algorithm killed Jeeves.
The algorithm is banned in China. The algorithm is from Jersey. The algorithm constantly finds Jesus.
This is not the algorithm. This is close. The algorithm must not downgrade buffygirl.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm UTC

LONG way to walk.

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue May 21, 2013 2:07 pm UTC

Quick report from the Molpy Monitor: no moply activity since the last report, on the last 5 scenes. (Unless you count the potential Molpy hole that Whizbang spotted and ergman identified.
Edit: maybe they've climbed above the Molpy line?
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”