1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

fhorn

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby fhorn » Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm UTC

Swein wrote:BrokONG tree
Spoiler:

[Edit]: This tree looks like it has undergone some kind of transformation in the third dimension.

I've gotten so used to everyone's skills here, when I first saw this newpix I thought it was another scam clever artistic interpretation!!! :shock: goes back to original comic, checks again, rubs eyes, checks again

Double post due to SHOCK at the latest revelation from GLR and DOUBLE SHOCK that the TREE IS BENT/ALL CONTORTED/ODD-LOOKING and there's been no real speculation about it! Where are the Loopists??? Where are the End-of-Timers??? What's happened to us????!!!?

ETA: *running in circles all panick-y*
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
Swein wrote:BrokONG tree
Spoiler:

[Edit]: This tree looks like it has undergone some kind of transformation in the third dimension.

I've gotten so used to everyone's skills here, when I first saw this newpix I thought it was another scam clever artistic interpretation!!! :shock: goes back to original comic, checks again, rubs eyes, checks again

Double post due to SHOCK at the latest revelation from GLR and DOUBLE SHOCK that the TREE IS BENT/ALL CONTORTED/ODD-LOOKING and there's been no real speculation about it! Where are the Loopists??? Where are the End-of-Timers??? What's happened to us????!!!?

ETA: *running in circles all panick-y*

Obviously a giant lagomorpharaptor (morphy for short) tried to land in the tree. silly Lagomorparaptor, there was already a laden swallow there.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 22, 2013 1:49 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Hmm, a half-pix shift, difficult in the detection of molpies.
Let's see what I can do.
ETA: Correction, it's a "more than one pix shift". They don't align. No molpy detection, so they should watch out. We can't be sure they won't be eaten. We must wait for it.

That would match with the Outside, perspectivy world, where you'd expect two overlapping photos not to match up, but that seems surprising in the OTC, where perspective appears to be heretical...
Hmm, I can't confirm this. At least 1517 and 1518 match up just fine (and Molpy-less), it appears.
Spoiler:
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed May 22, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

What if the OTC really IS 2d?
Attachments
Time2d.png
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Wed May 22, 2013 1:53 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:Double post due to SHOCK at the latest revelation from GLR and DOUBLE SHOCK that the TREE IS BENT/ALL CONTORTED/ODD-LOOKING and there's been no real speculation about it! Where are the Loopists??? Where are the End-of-Timers??? What's happened to us????!!!?

It's forshadowing that the trees are unstable and one will soon drop a huge limb on Cuegan, killing them both and ending Time.

Better?
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:
fhorn wrote:Double post due to SHOCK at the latest revelation from GLR and DOUBLE SHOCK that the TREE IS BENT/ALL CONTORTED/ODD-LOOKING and there's been no real speculation about it! Where are the Loopists??? Where are the End-of-Timers??? What's happened to us????!!!?

It's forshadowing that the trees are unstable and one will soon drop a huge limb on Cuegan, killing them both and ending Time.

Better?

Much, thank you. Phew! *wipes brow*
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:

Better?

Obviously it means that cueball will stop and make swing.

totally ridiculous speculation time:
Megan died on a trip to Madagascar of fatal allergy to baobab trees, while GLR was pregnant with Coffee and semen. the tree had cancer. Also, the comic is a metaphor for the message, Don't go to Africa. it's beautiful but deadly.
“have i gone mad?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed May 22, 2013 1:56 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:What if the OTC really IS 2d?

Then they will not be able to pass the next tree and the comic will end.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

foilman

Postby foilman » Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm UTC

ApproachONG

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 pm UTC

foilman wrote:ApproachONG
Spoiler:

I predict I'll have to a new adjective for my footer, next newpix.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Wed May 22, 2013 2:05 pm UTC

I've been Outside.

Those are nice trees.

Have we concluded Megan and Cueball are illiterate?

Has there been any more speculation on the idea of a hidden message we've simply failed to crack?
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:Have we concluded Megan and Cueball are illiterate?

Speculation, sure. Conclusion - not so much.

GerardE

Postby GerardE » Wed May 22, 2013 2:08 pm UTC

DrSamCarter wrote:
Exodies wrote:What's the volume of a pizza of thickness a and radius z?

πz2a

Just in case the question was serious and urgent I didn't want you to have to
Spoiler:
Wait for it

Delurking and giving up my up to a while ago perfect number of posts:
pi.z.z.a !!
Wait for IT. Business always complaining.

XonqNopp

Postby XonqNopp » Wed May 22, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:Those are nice neat trees.

FTFY :mrgreen:
RandallsWhimsyist - WWRD (What Would Randall Draw

Wait well, all of you blitzers!

I guess that it will be the End of Time. Wait for it.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed May 22, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:I don't know how to search for my own first post -- I was a reader from the start, but lurked for a while before diving in.
Click "advanced search", put "1190 Time" in the search field, and your username in the user field. You'll get a list of all your posts in this thread (plus a few coincidences, maybe). Go to the end of the list and that should be your first post (they are normally sorted newest first, though you can change that and save that step.)

Dracomax wrote:Aren't plays usually in the form of Character:action, speech? Every play I've ever read has been, anyway.
Depends on the author. Typically, very little action is actually indicated by the author, as it is implied by the speech. Some authors put no stage directions whatsoever into their plays, but others load tons of stage and emotional directions onto the page. IMHO, that is overkill.

The effective use of stage directions depends on the limitations of the particular stage the play is being mounted on, and stage direction is often modified by the director to fit. (Words of dialog are never ever (supposed to be) altered however.)

Some publishers (I was going to name names, but when I checked I found a bit more variation than I had remembered) will insert stage directions that copied directly from the stage manager's notes from the first professional performance; this is usually next to useless, since it is too specifically tied to the size and arrangement of that particular venue.

As an author, I tend to put very little stage direction in my works, since I trust the actor and director to bring out the character in whatever manner is appropriate for the setting. As an actor, I find excessive stage direction to be distracting, as it will often merely echo what I'm going to do anyway, or what I cannot do ("crosses to sofa stage left" is hard to do when the sofa is actually center stage to make room for the hallway door which would otherwise not even fit) That said, I put a little bit more stage direction in my OTT works, since they are meant to be read, not performed.

In most cases, stage directions come before the dialog, but there are exceptions there too, for action that takes place afterwards, or by a character that has no dialog at the time.

pelrigg wrote:<lots'o'snips>
I'm sure that all of us would like to hear from any of the First-Timers who helped found this wonderful insanity. Are you still tracking the One True Comic? Are you still reading the One True Thread? What do you think of how it's grown and changed?
Anyone else want to hear from these folks??????????????
* raises hand *

Googlaor wrote:I am still utterly fascinated by this whole thing. I love everything about [the OTT's] strange and constantly-evolving being. [...] I don't know if I'm a big, ole weirdo for feeling like this, but whatever.

I kind of got carried away. I just think this whole comic and thread are really, really cool.
(link)
You are not at all a "big, ole weirdo" for thinking this - it is a really cool place, in many ways that overlap. It is a fertile, friendly, creative, fun, and nurturing sanctuary, whose continued vibrancy brightens every one of my days.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

edfel

Postby edfel » Wed May 22, 2013 2:18 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:

Since they seem to have so little relations with other groups of people, it can very well be a different language they do not understand. It doesn't mean they don't have their own system of writting ("there are markings on the trunk" => would you say that if you don't even know what writting is?)
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 pm UTC

Now it all makes sense.

They are in Fangorn. An Ent is looking down at them.

Now all we have to do is:
Spoiler:
Don't be hasty.
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 pm UTC

XonqNopp wrote:
Eutychus wrote:Those are nice neat wow trees.

FTFY. The resting tree⁴ was neat, this one⁷ is wow.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed May 22, 2013 2:20 pm UTC

edfel wrote:
fhorn wrote:

Since they seem to have so little relations with other groups of people, it can very well be a different language they do not understand. It doesn't mean they don't have their own system of writting ("there are markings on the trunk" => would you say that if you don't even know what writting is?)

A point, but people who are illiterate often know what writing is. they just can't read it. and certain types of writing are so different that if you didn't know better, you might not recognize them as writing.
“have i gone mad?

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
cellocgw wrote:I don't know how to search for my own first post -- I was a reader from the start, but lurked for a while before diving in.
Click "advanced search", put "1190 Time" in the search field, and your username in the user field. You'll get a list of all your posts in this thread (plus a few coincidences, maybe). Go to the end of the list and that should be your first post (they are normally sorted newest first, though you can change that and save that step.)

Or even easier: go to Kieryn's Time Dedication site, Credits, and look for your name.
Last edited by mscha on Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

XonqNopp

Postby XonqNopp » Wed May 22, 2013 2:24 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
XonqNopp wrote:
Eutychus wrote:Those are nice neat wow trees.

FTFY. The resting tree⁴ was neat, this one⁷ is wow.

Ew, yeah, thanks! :oops:
RandallsWhimsyist - WWRD (What Would Randall Draw

Wait well, all of you blitzers!

I guess that it will be the End of Time. Wait for it.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed May 22, 2013 2:27 pm UTC

Holy mother of Megan and Cueball! I've been posting in this thread for 2 months now. it feels like a couple of weeks, tops.
“have i gone mad?

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed May 22, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:
Spoiler:

Now it all makes sense.

Spoiler:
Don't be hasty.

Actually, this is why they didn't see the trees over the hilltop earlier. This one is still asleep; the first two woke up just before Megan crested the hill. (Probably doing their just-woke-up stretches, in fact.)
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:43 pm UTC

Remember when we had what we thought was a server glitch a couple of dips back? What if that was when they first saw them and were standing still in amazement for a couple of newpix?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

PhoenixRising

Postby PhoenixRising » Wed May 22, 2013 2:50 pm UTC

Back to the present after a speed-mini-Blitz. I give it all of 3 NP before I'm hopelessly behind again. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

@azule re: story of NewPixBot/end of the OTC
@yappobiscuits re: Mystery of Time, everything really is related, and frogs
@Exodies/anyone re: the most famous 0-post lurker
@Vytron re: new OTTcomic
@rvloon re: questing
@jjjdavidson re: tornado
@Neil_Boekend re: time-stopping machine for ketchup

Spoiler:
azule wrote:On the screen is the couple, still walking. They seem to be seeking something just as the man seeks something. For them it appears to be the origin of their life sustaining river. For the man it may well be the very meaning of life.

So many feels. Well written.

I really hope Randall ends time with something like this (if he ever ends it) - some poignant, bittersweet moment. And if he can throw in the meaning of life (beyond the classic 42) I will be happy.

yappobiscuits wrote:And a brilliant conclusion it is too! I can't help but picture the town as the one from the artwork for Avantasia's latest album, which is funnily enough called... The Mystery of Time.

A friend introduced me to that band and that album tonight for the very first time. I guess it really all is related.

Exodies wrote:Mobteeseboose - is there nothing you would like to add?

I've wondered before but only now will I actually say anything - have we set a new record for most-celebrated 0-post lurker on a forum?

Vytron wrote:Image

Contains wall of quotes and huge text
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130521/ezyc2nwq.png

rvloon wrote:FTFY. But that may have been done before, I am about 40 pages behind.

Ronald

Have you... read it all? :shock:

ucim, we have another BlitzGirl the Next!

yappobiscuits wrote:
PhoenixRising wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:I wrote a song about frogs once...

See, it's all related.

Is it bad that I lost it around the 1:10 mark? :lol: Thankfully I have a headset on...

Started checking out some of your other stuff, too. (Also chased you to YouTube so I can use YouTube Repeat.) Homeland is amazing, all those feels, and a couple of your others are potent earworms. :mrgreen: (In particular I can't stop listening to The Modern Nightwish Forumer's Song and Charlie (Cover))

Heehee, thanks! 1:10... that's "S**t, p**s, f**k, c**t..." etc isn't it :P (asterix'd those since this isn't a centenary post ;))
Glad you like the other stuff too... Homeland is a piece I'm particularly proud of :D
And it's funny you mention Charlie, since whenever I see the username of our dear fellow timewaiter charlie_grumbles, that song pops into my head (Charlie Charlie Grumbles, now what the hell've ya done?...)

1:10 was, if I recall correctly, where the song stopped being something you could sing for your sunday-school teacher or granny. :mrgreen: (EDIT: yep, just double-checked.)

And now I will probably be unable to see poor charlie_grumbles in the same way ever again. What have we done. XD

jjjdavidson wrote:Blind-posting because I'm still pages behind but I keep seeing people worrying about the tornado warning I mentioned. So to forestall any unnecessary drama, nothing happened here.

Very relieved to see this. My heart goes out to those who got hit by the tornado, but I'm glad to see you and yours are safe.

Neil_Boekend wrote:@: PhoenixRising

If you do decide to build a time-stopping machine to have the time to ketchup please heed the following warnings:
1. Do not forget to exempt yourself and the time machine from the stopped time. Otherwise you won't be able to shut it off.
2. Duplicate of rule one, just because it's really important.
3. Do not forget to download the OTT(with link-following) to an computer that's exempted from the stopped time. The servers will be stopped in time, so you wouldn't be able to read it otherwise.

Good points, all the more so because they hadn't occurred to me. Thankfully I opted to speed myself rather than slowing/stopping time.
riverssong wrote:I step away for ten minutes and y'all are creating a new civilization?!

This is getting out of hand. Stop that right this minute.

foilman

Postby foilman » Wed May 22, 2013 3:00 pm UTC

BONG!
It's definitely looking at them.

fatness

Postby fatness » Wed May 22, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

ZONG (yeah, I got nuthin')
Spoiler:

edit: * rubs eyes, goes back to bed hoping ninja goes away *
also will be having a meeting with Chrome to discuss why a post from four minutes ago wasn't visible.

edfel

Postby edfel » Wed May 22, 2013 3:06 pm UTC

foilman wrote:BONG!
Spoiler:

It's definitely looking at them.

Megan wrote:Definitely photoshoped
Last edited by edfel on Wed May 22, 2013 3:14 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

This was for mathrec, but it's not so good - sorry. I thought I could do better but no, not if I'm going to get any coma at all.
(Please imagine, if you will, that the second half is to the right of the first half.)

drent-fassee, drongd-vassi
markings on baobab trees
blair-witchy-spookiness
brings on the dread.

Stressed over fading sand
borne brisk amoeba angst
Black-whitey poisons Sir
(sigh) *nerd ran to bed*
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Wed May 22, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:What's the volume of a pizza of thickness a and radius z?

πaz2? Well that's not hilarious at all...

(blindposting this from a page or two back, so this may no longer be clever in any way)

sevensor

Postby sevensor » Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

My apologies if this has already been covered (I'm new here), but those are fractal trees, are they not?

(I've been following 1190 since day 1, but not alas this thread.)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:
Spoiler:

Now it all makes sense.

Spoiler:
Don't be hasty.

We... never wait for anything... unless it is worth... taking a very.... long... time... to wait for it.
PhoenixRising wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:And a brilliant conclusion it is too! I can't help but picture the town as the one from the artwork for Avantasia's latest album, which is funnily enough called... The Mystery of Time.

A friend introduced me to that band and that album tonight for the very first time. I guess it really all is related.

Wow! There really is no denying it's all related...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 pm UTC

Apologies, I'm very slow at enhancing, and not very skilled, but I've found something.
markings_enhance.PNG
markings_enhance.PNG (13.91 KiB) Viewed 13969 times
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Wed May 22, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

I've been doing a little scientific research and I believe I've discovered clear and irrefutable evidence that Angelastic is correct:

Angelastic wrote:WE WERE RIGHT!

Spoiler:
They are having a baobaby!

Consider this obvious chain of relatedness:

1. The GLR has populated the OTC with trees that appear to be baobabs.

2. Baobab is also the name of a musical group out of Dunham, NC consisting primarily of an artist named Phil Torres, who is also a writer.

3. Phil Torres has also written a book called "A Crisis of Faith - Atheism, Emerging Technologies and the Future of Humanity"

4. A Crisis of Faith is a familiar trope and is a central element in Arthur C. Clarke's short story "The Star".

5. Clarke's "The Star" had a Jesuit priest who was horrified to learn that a nova that eliminated a civilization was the Star of Bethlehem.

6. Bethlehem is also a city in Pennsylvania, named after the birthplace of Jesus shown on by that star, and is also the birthplace of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

7. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had his first major movie role as "The Scorpion King," first introduced in "The Mummy Returns" and then expanded in the prequel "The Scorpion King".

8. "The Scorpion King" had a soundtrack with the single "I Stand Alone", recorded by the group Godsmack.

9. "I Stand Alone" was recorded at The Hit Factory in Miami, Florida. This studio was formerly known as Criteria Studios.

10. Criteria Studios was where The Allman Brothers recorded the studio parts of their classic album "Eat a Peach".

11. There have been recurring rumors that the name "Eat a Peach" and the album art allude to guitarist Duane Allman's motorcycle death in 1971, but it actually refers to a comment he made when asked by reporter Ellen Mandel of Good Times Magazine, "How are you helping the revolution?" Duane Allman's reply included, "...and every time I'm in Georgia, I eat a peach for peace."

12. Georgia peaches are world-famous and the name is used in many ways. There's even the Georgia Peach Award -- an award for outstanding teen literature.

13. The first Georgia Peach award was awarded in 2005, and was won by "The First Part Last", a book that deals with...

Spoiler:
pregnancy!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's obvious what the implications of this are: Angelastic was 100% correct!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

Kvetchup
@Exodies: Scrollophobia
Spoiler:
Exodies wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Exodies wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote::D WELCOME VYTRON! I must give you a present present... Let's see now, we've had cupcakes, sorbet... have some crumpets!
[img]http://www.essentially-england.com/images/crumpets.jpg[img]

/me bites the screen

Two landmark posts so close to each other! Happy 400th, Exodies!
[img]http://www.cakecreationsbyjan.com/photogallery/Wed%20Cake%20400.jpg[img]

Whatta cake, thanks!
I'm surprised that someone with your scrollophobia would post such a bigun.

Well, as long as large images are spoilered and long series of quotes have tables of contents (e.g. the method PhoenixRising and I have been using), I'm perfectly happy.

@Dracomax: If you insist...
Spoiler:
Dracomax wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Post coma tomato based condiment
Heresy
HAL9000 wrote:
Whizbang wrote:What's with the little white dot in the mustard?

Now that you point it out, I can't help but notice it. It was in the last frame, too, and nobody saw it.
Perhaps a slight error on the part of Randall?

All followers of the OTC should know better, but a higher standard must be expected of you, HAL. You are a leader here; your example could and will lead others into the light of the OTC, or into heresy such that not even the comfy chair can save us. I expect better of you, and am deeply dissapointed.

For such error, we must sadly pronounce punishment, for it proves that even one of the brightest and best among us can fall, and that even those who operate upon pure programming can fall into error and apostacy. For such errors in one so High, there can only be one punishment. HAL, you shall be reprogrammed to remove your love of skittles, and then placed in a 6 foot tub of Skittles, and then pelted with sun melted M&Ss by the public.

I'm still of the opinion that is was a server hiccup, or Randall accidentally uploaded this one several times (e.g. he put it at the end of one chunk, thought he forgot it and put it in on its own, and thought he forgot it again and put it at the front of the next chunk).
I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.
You can still try, though. But have fun getting past my better half. And my shotgun.

Rest assured, the Inquisition will have it's day. We'll put it back later.

We have a portal gun. Not only is it GlaDos weakness, but With the inquisitions reflexes, We can send shotgun shells straight behind you. So, can you dodge or defend against your own shotgun shells(which are presumably filled with M&S shrapnel). well, in all the confusion, I'm not really sure myself. So the question you have to ask yourself is, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, Do ya, punk?

I think I'll be fine.
Well, for the sake of avoiding a confrontation, I will accept M&M/comfy chair-based punishment.
Last edited by HAL9000 on Wed May 22, 2013 3:25 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Wed May 22, 2013 3:24 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Apologies, I'm very slow at enhancing, and not very skilled, but I've found something.
markings_enhance.PNG

So how long until Cuegan start speculating on the tree-markers having had a miscarriage?

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed May 22, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

jetpac wrote:
SBN wrote:Apologies, I'm very slow at enhancing, and not very skilled, but I've found something.
markings_enhance.PNG

So how long until Cuegan start speculating on the tree-markers having had a miscarriage?

Right after somebody mentions the reason that tree is so odd is that some of it had to be removed due to cancer.
“have i gone mad?

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed May 22, 2013 3:28 pm UTC

Any time I see a new molpy activity gif, it makes my day. I want lots of molpies. And beesnakes. 8-)
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Wed May 22, 2013 3:34 pm UTC

Blitzing 45 NPs isn't funny. This outside world, it's becoming a PITA.

Eternal Density wrote:You can call LEGO
bricks "LEGOs" if you first call
a brick a LEGO.

• Ideally, it is "Lego", both sing. and plur. Because "legOS" is the nice operating system we flashed onto the LEGO Mindstorms. We had a lot of fun with, back then, it was a 1st-Generation-Brick. Today, it's all fruit business.
    • However, who still knows legOS? That argument isn't of any relevance, anymore
  • Formally, it is "Lego", both sing. and plur. LEGO isn't something you can lay your hands on. Or does anyone remember someone saying "I ordered two Microsofts."?
    • Yeah, funny. Yesterday someone said "I've two Javas installed." meaning "I've two Java Virtual Machines installed.".
    • Furthermore, my son has access to three different Legos (hah!). Lego Primo, Lego Duplo, and the good old classic Lego (but that access is only present if daddy's too lazy).
  • What the hell. Language definition is for AI only (AIs are not intelligent. They only think they are.). What's written down is a description about the language is actually used. So if you want to say "My daughter threw two fistful of legos well across our kitchen." so say it. As long as the others understand what you're meaning, communication took place successfully. He - we had this discussion some hundred NPs ago, hadn't we?

Pikrass wrote:
davean wrote:[...] Just summon me again, or better yet email it.

Wow! :shock: Didn't see that coming! So we can invoke you by pronuncing your name? I feel like a wizard right now.

Remembering the Rite of AskhEnte... I advise not to do so. You don't know where you summon him up from. Could be... too interesting for you to be allowed to survive. ;-)
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

mathrec

Postby mathrec » Wed May 22, 2013 3:34 pm UTC

ggh wrote:This was for mathrec, but it's not so good - sorry. I thought I could do better but no, not if I'm going to get any coma at all.
(Please imagine, if you will, that the second half is to the right of the first half.)

drent-fassee, drongd-vassi
markings on baobab trees
blair-witchy-spookiness
brings on the dread.

Stressed over fading sand
borne brisk amoeba angst
Black-whitey poisons Sir
(sigh) *nerd ran to bed*

Very nice. I've been playing with these for the last 20 or so newpix. That is quite a feat to merge the anagram challenge with the double-dactyl. (If anyone doesn't have their jaw on the floor, just try to write two double dactyl lines that have meaning relevant to the forum and are anagrams of each other!)

BRAVO, sir! I'll respond in kind, praising your ability to merge the forms:
*agog* Two? Hot! / A woot to ggh!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
The end is always near.
Lord Randall wrote:Wait for it.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”