1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:34 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:My affect was affected when he effected a change in the mood of the room with a nifty lighting effect?
That was a pretty effective affectation.

Hmmm. Pope. I decree that you shall all disobey this decree.

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Ab gval sbagf? Jung nobhg ebg13?

-. . . .-. --. .-. -- -....- .. -... .... ..-.!

edit: oops, double post. my bad guys, my bad

I don't think I want to play this any more. There are sausages this end.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
jovialbard wrote:

And mustard.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
jovialbard wrote:

And mustard.

Maybe, but who likes mustard?

Or are my tastes weird? :lol: I'm not a big fan of pizza either.
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:I want to congratulate Rule110 on his recursive avatar.

Congratulating me for "borrowing" your own work. Now that's real class. No sarcasm; it really is.

It's not really recursive (well, technically it is, but the recursion is shallow). I turned your first avatar collage into my avatar, just before you created your second avatar collage. So if it were possible to magnify enough to see it (ehnance!), my avatar within the avatar would appear as an avatar collage (but an earlier version of it), and my avatar within that would be a brown square.

As I mentioned in a post at the time, it would require a special dispensation (that is, some sort of special handling in your collaging algorithm) to make it fully self-similar. I guess, now that I think about it, that I could also 'shop it that way myself. The difference wouldn't be very noticeable though.

Now I need to figure out how to give it a recursive hat...

Re effect/affect: The noun meaning of affect, and the verb meaning of effect, are by far less common usages than the converses. So unless one is proficient with all four usages, a useful guideline is to stick to affect as a verb, and effect as a noun referring to the consequences of the action of that verb.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

tman2nd

Chapter 18 of the Gospel of tman2nd

Postby tman2nd » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

Progress: 611/824

I have realized that I can't keep up very well if I'm Blitzposting, so In the future I'm going to limit my responses to only a few posts. Once I get closer, I might do full Blitzposts, but right now I'm 213 pages behind.

During this stretch of the OTC, the dunes leveled out and Meagan took something from a bush.

First I have some glimpses into the present. Buffygirl's "location" reveals that she has stopped hatting. Now Vytron is doing that with bootlegging from HAL.

Additionally, Vytron has sent a warning in his sig.
Vytron wrote:Blitzwarning: Pics of tits and boobs are posted on the future

Thanks for the warning.

I also came across messages from past me.

My first spoiler report:
tman2nd wrote:Ahh!!! Spoiler!!!! :o
KroniK907 wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png on page 25

I was busy this weekend, so I have about 50 more pages added to my blitz. I will give an update on my progress soon.

My first Blitzpost after being gone for a while:
tman2nd wrote:Progress: 31/610 (-352 pages)

A lot has happened over the last 17 pages. Cueball left resulting in the first "last" frame. Eventually he returned and Meagan left. At my present, Time has not ended with the introduction of The Past as some thought it would. It is interesting to see how amazed people are that the OTT has 31 pages. That's only about 5% of the current total. There are a lot of posters who are actively posting here in your past who aren't in the present I left behind. I wonder what happened to them. :?

Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot more waiting done tomorrow.

And a miscellaneous pastpost response:
HAL9000 wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Valarya wrote:
mscha wrote:
Valarya wrote:Here you go! Chocolate and skittles. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:

Yummie! Can I have some, or do I need to do something heretic first?

I am the Cardinal of Cupcakes! Anyone may partake of the delicious creaminess at any time. We Eastern Unorthodox Timewaiters are, after all, unorthodox. We don't give a crap about all that heresy stuff. *yum yum yum*

But chocolate is the punishment of the Inquisitor, merited our for heresy. To accept punishment for sin one must sin. *picks at chocolate* I shall speak heretically and graciously accept my punishment of chocolate bits...

This is all just a waste of Time!!!

Eeep! I said it! Forgive me GLR! :oops:

Oooh...chocolate. Must pick out the skittles and set aside for Hal9000.

W... Why th-thank you...
:oops:

Ooh! Could I please have any sour skittles you find. :)

And one last thing,
Spoiler:
My text is the smallest!
Last edited by tman2nd on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Tristram, Guardian of the Time Cats, Defender of the One True Comic, Landsknecht von der Zeit.

Wspi kfp gd...
Wait for it...

nerdsniped

Postby nerdsniped » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm UTC

Rock climbONG, Joel.

ETA: my first ong! I was so sure I was going to get ninja'd, is the forum always this slow mid-dix?

Also, curious whether anyone will get the reference...
Last edited by nerdsniped on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
New to the Time thread? Click here!

"we are dangerously close to answers. Let's hope they lead to more questions..." -- HES

"Expect friskiness." -- keithl

FullOfIt

Postby FullOfIt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
kenmelken wrote:As PagePope I hereby grant you the title of Cake Queen of Time (but not Cupcakes, as that is Valarya's domain). Now, take your place among the greats who have gone before, like, um... the characters in Candyland.

So the PagePope decrees, so shall it be done:

Spoiler:
SnackTimeGame.png
You may notice that I cheated and repurposed previously-drawn Boom De Yada pictures, but this is because I severely need to coma and already spent far too much Time on this thing.

We sure do have a lot of food around here. Hope it's molpy-proofed.

Okay, slightly blindposting here, but damn!

It can't possibly be allowed to be this awesome. Really, it can't. Stop it before someone gets hurt!

I'm not going to post my Eddie Izzard - Awesome link a third time, but it sure would fit here.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:12 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:I want to congratulate Rule110 on his recursive avatar.

Congratulating me for "borrowing" your own work. Now that's real class. No sarcasm; it really is.

It's not really recursive (well, technically it is, but the recursion is shallow). I turned your first avatar collage into my avatar, just before you created your second avatar collage. So if it were possible to magnify enough to see it (enhance!), my avatar within the avatar would appear as an avatar collage (but an earlier version of it), and my avatar within that would be a brown square.

As I mentioned in a post at the time, it would require a special dispensation (that is, some sort of special handling in your collaging algorithm) to make it fully self-similar. I guess, now that I think about it, that I could also 'shop it that way myself. The difference wouldn't be very noticeable though.

Well, we will have to wait for itthe third iteration then. And as I've mentioned before I like my creations being used in manners I did not think of. Using the visualizations of avatars as an avatar was such a manner. Consider me impressed.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
kenmelken wrote:Oh, and @mscha: I enjoyed your Fibonacci gif. Made me wonder what other "Math Digest" versions of Time could be created. Perfect squares and cubes? Multiples of certain bases? OOH! What about various Collatz conjecture arrangements (which would, of course, jump forward and back in Time before reaching frame one)?

Hmm, that might be tricky...
If you start with frame 2000, you continue with 1000, 500, 250, 125, so that seems promising. But a little while later, you end up at frame 9232 (which we won't have for quite a while).
(...)
The highest frame number we can reach without exceeding 2006 in the sequence, is 1992, starting on ... 1992.
Here's an animation using that sequence in reverse, with the following frames: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 5, 10, 20, 40, 13, 26, 52, 17, 34, 11, 22, 44, 88, 29, 58, 19, 38, 76, 152, 304, 101, 202, 404, 808, 269, 538, 179, 358, 119, 238, 476, 952, 317, 634, 211, 422, 844, 281, 562, 187, 374, 748, 249, 498, 996, 1992.
Spoiler:

(Background.)

Hmmm. How strange it is that it actually makes some sense. :twisted:
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:22 pm UTC

I'm glad y'all liked the Candy Land parody, but I am dismayed at where y'all went from there. Bad things happen when I coma.

For your overuse of tinytext, strikethrough, colorage, Morse code, and rot13ing in newpages 821-823, you have brought the wrath of BlitzGirl upon you.

You have knowingly hampered the Quest of any serious blitzer trying to read it all, and that is a trespass I do not suffer lightly.

May Randall have mercy on your souls.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image
I'm glad y'all liked the Candy Land parody, but I am dismayed at where y'all went from there. Bad things happen when I coma.

For your overuse of tinytext, strikethrough, colorage, Morse code, and rot13ing in newpages 821-823, you have brought the wrath of BlitzGirl upon you.

You have knowingly hampered the Quest of any serious blitzer trying to read it all, and that is a trespass I do not suffer lightly.

Oh, dear. I suspect that BlitzGirl shall petition Dracomax for larger cakes, cheesier pizza, more M&Ms and even comfier chairs! Oh, the humanity molpanity! :shock:

Oh, wait. Hm. Darcomax was part of that shenanigans. He'll have to shove himself into the foam maiden, I suppose.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

I apologize most profusely. I fell in with a bad crowd, (the OTT in general count, right?) and fell from the way. *places self in large vat of ice cream, and dumps hot fudge on top*
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:41 pm UTC

nerdsniped wrote:Rock climbONG, Joel.

When do we see the first mountain goalpy?

*hides face from BlitzGirl*
Last edited by thirds on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm UTC

I apologize immensely! That got very out of hand!
And another sentence with an exclamation mark!

(Edit to vary up the adjectives.)
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:49 pm UTC

..--.. ..- .-. .-.. .----. ..- -... .--- -. --- -... .... --. --. ...- .- .-.. ..-. --. . .... .--. -..- --. ..- . -... .... - ..- --.. -. . --. ...- -. .- -..-. ..-. --. .-.. -.-- .-. --. .-. -.- --. ...- .- . -... --. .---- ...-- --.. -... . ..-. .-. .--. -... --.- .-.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:..--.. ..- .-. .-.. .----. ..- -... .--- -. --- -... .... --. --. ...- .- .-.. ..-. --. . .... .--. -..- --. ..- . -... .... - ..- --.. -. . --. ...- -. .- -..-. ..-. --. .-.. -.-- .-. --. .-. -.- --. ...- .- . -... --. .---- ...-- --.. -... . ..-. .-. .--. -... --.- .-.

Rot-13? With that many layers, you really should have just used rot-n.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:..--.. ..- .-. .-.. .----. ..- -... .--- -. --- -... .... --. --. ...- .- .-.. ..-. --. . .... .--. -..- --. ..- . -... .... - ..- --.. -. . --. ...- -. .- -..-. ..-. --. .-.. -.-- .-. --. .-. -.- --. ...- .- . -... --. .---- ...-- --.. -... . ..-. .-. .--. -... --.- .-.

At least it's not also in Russian
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm UTC

We are very very sorry, BlitzGirl and other blitzers. We never really meant any harm. It's the craziness of this thread that's affecting us and meaning that we don't think about you when we do stuff.

Do... do you need a hug?

Hey, that's mean. Especially as we are now reminded there are other people who need to read it all!

(It says: ?HEY'HOW ABOUT TINY STRUCK THROUGH MARTIAN/STYLE TEXT IN ROT13 MORSE CODE, apparently)

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm UTC

Bad things happen when I coma.

See below and may your wrath hop over me, your posts land you at the top of the next NP and your thrown candies land in my upturned mouth. Image

Valarya wrote:Yeah, looks like Part 2 of posts-Val-will-not-read.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

Help! I've been ambushed by the Outside! I had barely read any NewPages until I was trapped again by Outside duties. I have been held captive by cruel people who tortured my by forcing to spend hours reading emails that were clearly designed to cause madness. (And not the good kind). I had to go undercover for a delicate operation in which I brokered negotiations between several crazy characters, for instance a witch who was interfering with the child-rearing capabilities of a baker and his wife, and a wolf with a taste for human flesh. Fortunately, all came to a happy end, but the whole operation took all of my weekendH. And I am not yet able to escape; today I must spend some time deciphering mysterious runes.X

The few pages I read filled me with joy. Just being in the company of all of you makes me happy, and I am determined to return. I did see kind words from buffygirl and jetpac:

Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:lmjb, I think you TOTALLY got it with the tapia tree. And the Madagascar Palm looks durn close too. The mouse lemur needs a fluffy tail though, unfortunately. And the gecko is SOO FAB!

Also, I wanted to note how you really go out of your way to recognize and acknowledge the contributions of others on this thread. Very sweet of you!

That is high praise, coming from the Arch-Cardinal and OTT Milliner! : )

jetpac wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:<snip>
Ahh, my cover has been blown! Yes, I work for a top-secret branch of the CIA called Raptor And Zombie Observation and Relocation (RAZOR). Our motto is "Keeping the world safe from zombies, should we ever find any, and raptors, even though they aren't usually dangerous to humans." It's a terrible motto. I'm not sure who came up with it. Yes, it's a dangerous job, but someone has to do it.
</snip>

Blindposting this from NP 731, still trying to ketchup from that infernal (relaxing but OT[TC]-denying) 3-day wip-end. I don't usually do signpost-type thingies, but it took slightly more self-control than I possess to avoid bursting out laughing at work while reading this. How you could possibly think your posts are unappreciated kinda sorta baffles me :)

Okay, back to ketchup/hereticwork...

That is so sweet, thank you! Glad I could almost get you in trouble at work.

There were other great things, like:

Yappobiscuits accepting his hipsterness.

Amazing math discussions, including a great post (well, at least one) from charlie_grumbles. And I agree with fhorn that you just didn't have a good music teacher. It always makes me sad to hear people who have been taught they aren't musical, If you can walk, you can dance. if you can talk, you can sing.

A cool new word (I think it's new) from mscha: umptypix

Some crazy talk from ucim:
ucim wrote:The object of education, fundamentally, isn't to "get the right answer" or to "make more money" or to "get a better job". It is to "enable yourself to enjoy life to the fullest", and that comes from a deep understanding of all life has to offer.

An amazing 100th post GIFt from kenmelken, who has cool hats now. Hope buffygirl was ok with the hats, though... (And I love the hat on the bird, and HAL9000's "sharpen its image." heehee)

So, in just a couple of pages I had already racked up all these quotes, and thought, OK, I'll just have to start reading without responding, or I'll NEVER ketchup. Then I saw this, from kenmelken:
Spoiler:
kenmelken wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Ahh, my cover has been blown! Yes, I work for a top-secret branch of the CIA called Raptor And Zombie Observation and Relocation (RAZOR). Our motto is "Keeping the world safe from zombies, should we ever find any, and raptors, even though they aren't usually dangerous to humans." It's a terrible motto. I'm not sure who came up with it. Yes, it's a dangerous job, but someone has to do it.

So, uh, I made this official seal for RAZOR... and now looking at it I realize that it's so awesome I'd like to know how to join! :P

If I wasn't at work with a grumpy boss when I saw this, I would have been jumping up and down and squealing like a little girl. You got the motto! And my number! And amazing graphics! Just...WOW!!!

Unfortunately, as for how you can join--well, it's a tough agency to join since it doesn't really exist. *wink wink* Kinda like the Temporal Illuminati that way.

OK, so I read three pages, and in the meantime you have generated about 50. So, at this rate, I'll ketchup in..let's see, add those, multiply that, carry the one...uh, never. Damn. Time to steal this for future posts:
Purplepants77 wrote:"Hey <username>! That one post of yours totally blew me away! Oh, and that other one too! In fact all <n> posts were pretty darn cool now that I think about it! You make a great addition to Team OTT! Hope to see you in the future!"

Miss all of you terribly. I will return! I will re...aaiiiieeee!!!! * is dragged off again by the Outside.*

H Heresy!
X Actually, performing a piece written by a student composer with a crappy music notation program.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Chapter 17 of the Gospel of tman2nd

Postby SBN » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:Progress: 611/824

My first spoiler report:
tman2nd wrote:Ahh!!! Spoiler!!!! :o
KroniK907 wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png on page 25

I've been trying to PM posters to clean up spoilers, and if that fails I edit an earlier post to issue a warning. I've only made it through the first 450 pages though, I can only scroll so much before my eyes give out. I'll try to continue my quest soon.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:59 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:We are very very sorry, BlitzGirl and other blitzers. We never really meant any harm. It's the craziness of this thread that's affecting us and meaning that we don't think about you when we do stuff.

Do... do you need a hug?

Hey, that's mean. Especially as we are now reminded there are other people who need to read it all!

(It says: ?HEY'HOW ABOUT TINY STRUCK THROUGH MARTIAN/STYLE TEXT IN ROT13 MORSE CODE, apparently)

See, that wasn't so hard! Consider it my revenge for all the tiny text I had to read.

Hmm, didn't think of doing it in Russian. Oh well, I don't have the money for an interpreter anyway.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

up and ONG-ward
-- Charlie Grumbles

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
Oh, wait. Hm. Darcomax was part of that shenanigans. He'll have to shove himself into the foam maiden, I suppose.

Speaking of double entendres...

(hangs head in shame for even thinking that way)
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

akacat

Postby akacat » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
kenmelken wrote:Oh, and @mscha: I enjoyed your Fibonacci gif. Made me wonder what other "Math Digest" versions of Time could be created. Perfect squares and cubes? Multiples of certain bases? OOH! What about various Collatz conjecture arrangements (which would, of course, jump forward and back in Time before reaching frame one)?

Hmm, that might be tricky...
If you start with frame 2000, you continue with 1000, 500, 250, 125, so that seems promising. But a little while later, you end up at frame 9232 (which we won't have for quite a while).
(...)
The highest frame number we can reach without exceeding 2006 in the sequence, is 1992, starting on ... 1992.
Here's an animation using that sequence in reverse, with the following frames: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 5, 10, 20, 40, 13, 26, 52, 17, 34, 11, 22, 44, 88, 29, 58, 19, 38, 76, 152, 304, 101, 202, 404, 808, 269, 538, 179, 358, 119, 238, 476, 952, 317, 634, 211, 422, 844, 281, 562, 187, 374, 748, 249, 498, 996, 1992.
Spoiler:

(Background.)

If I'm understanding this sequence correctly, the longest animation we could currently have would start from frame 1572, thusly: 1572, 786, 393, 1180, 590, 295, 886, 443, 1330, 665, 1996, 998, 499, 1498, 749, 2248, 1124, 562, 281, 844, 422, 211, 634, 317, 952, 476, 238, 119, 358, 179, 538, 269, 808, 404, 202, 101, 304, 152, 76, 38, 19, 58, 29, 88, 44, 22, 11, 34, 17, 52, 26, 13, 40, 20, 10, 5, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1

I'll just leave that there, in case anyone who enjoys creating GIFs wanders by...

ETA: Please ignore any double posts from me you think you might have seen. I assure you, they were entirely your imagination.

ETAETA: Added spaces so the numbers would wrap like proper numbers should...
Last edited by akacat on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:07 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:

Speaking of double entendres...

(hangs head in shame for even thinking that way)

Not presidential at all, but perfect for a candidate, I suppose. :twisted:
-- Charlie Grumbles

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
TheMinim wrote:We are very very sorry, BlitzGirl and other blitzers. We never really meant any harm. It's the craziness of this thread that's affecting us and meaning that we don't think about you when we do stuff.

Do... do you need a hug?

See, that wasn't so hard! Consider it my revenge for all the tiny text I had to read.

Hmm, didn't think of doing it in Russian. Oh well, I don't have the money for an interpreter anyway.

Revenge doesn't do much, because then those you revenge will try something on you and we'll end up in a long and stupid loop.

And yes, it wasn't hard, so don't tell me that. That just makes me want to throw you through the window because it's condescending and I'd already done it for previous posts. :evil:

Very frowny now.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:19 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Help! I've been ambushed by the Outside! I had barely read any NewPages until I was trapped again by Outside duties. I have been held captive by cruel people who tortured my by forcing to spend hours reading emails that were clearly designed to cause madness. (And not the good kind). I had to go undercover for a delicate operation in which I brokered negotiations between several crazy characters, for instance a witch who was interfering with the child-rearing capabilities of a baker and his wife, and a wolf with a taste for human flesh...

Up until about this point, I really thought that it would turn out that you and I work for the same company. Then you lost me.

Do not despair! Fight the good fight! We shall see you in the future! We shall all be waiting!

Because that is what we do: we wait for it.

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:21 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:

Do... do you need a hug?

Revenge doesn't do much, because then those you revenge will try something on you and we'll end up in a long and stupid loop.

And yes, it wasn't hard, so don't tell me that. That just makes me want to throw you through the window because it's condescending and I'd already done it for previous posts. :evil:

Very frowny now.

Agree entirely with TheMinim (spy or not).

Once or twice with the tiny text/morse code/rot13 was clever. Then it got boring. Listen to BlitzGirl and the rest of the tribe. Don't let it get offensive. It's up to you.

Time to chill with a cool one. (Not as in Socrates, though).
-- Charlie Grumbles

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 pm UTC

Alright, sorry. I should think more often before posting.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:37 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:

Do... do you need a hug?

Very frowny now.

Emergency song post!

Spoiler:
To the tune of "Come Together" by the Beatles

here come rot-13
it come out of nowhere
it got crazy letters
it make no damn sense now
it just drives blitzers to their knees
got to make some trouble
with that damn rot-13

then come the small text
with the size five tag now
and the tiny strike through
with it's mystery message
it's just hard to see, hard to read
one thing I can tell you is
it drives me insane
wait together, right now
over Time

we've had no flame war
for all 800 pages
got no need for anger
got no need for hating
we got love through the OTT
hold on to your madness
but please post pleasantly
wait together, right now
over Time

we post with style
post with imagination
post an ONG that's special
post a fancy graphic
you can have fun on the OTT
please now just remember
that you post here with me
wait together, right now
over Time

Edit: now with extra cheese and spoilers!
Last edited by jovialbard on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:22 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

My prediction for the next newpix
Spoiler:
pause.png
Pause for Hulahooping
pause.png (6.52 KiB) Viewed 14054 times
-- Charlie Grumbles

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:My prediction for the next newpix
Spoiler:
pause.png

Are they jumping rope?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
pause.png

Are they jumping rope?

getting ready to kayak the rapids. (on really very tiny kayaks, i was going to say surf, but they're too far away from the sea)

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:45 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
pause.png

Are they jumping rope?

Perhaps the dean wasn't clear.
(takes ruler from drawer)

Hulahooping.

Now hold out your hands, children.
-- Charlie Grumbles

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:Emergency song post! [filk from the Beatles' "Come Together"]
Spoiler:
here come rot-13
it come out of nowhere
it got crazy letters
it make no damn sense now
it just drives blitzers to their knees
got to make some trouble
with that damn rot-13

then come the small text
with the size five tag now
and the tiny strike through
with it's mystery message
it's just hard to see, hard to read
one thing I can tell you is
it drives me insane
come together, right now
over Time

we've had no flame war
for all 800 pages
got no need for anger
got no need for hating
we got love through the OTT
hold on to your madness
but please post pleasantly
come together, right now
over Time

we post with style
post with imagination
post an ONG that's special
post a fancy graphic
you can have fun on the OTT
please now just remember
that you post here with me
come together, right now
over Time
Perfect! Almost makes up for all the steganography one-upmanship!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

ClambONG

No molpies in sight. Could be waiting just below the surface, though...

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
pause.png

Are they jumping rope?

Perhaps the dean wasn't clear.
(takes ruler from drawer)

Hulahooping.

Now hold out your hands, children.

Ah, their hands need to be up and their butts need to be sticking out a little more, I think. Either that or they're just really bad at hula hooping, which wouldn't surprise me. They probably don't know how it works... though I bet they could figure it out

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”