1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BigDaddy

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BigDaddy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:DrinkONG

Spoiler:

ETA: Is she drinking now because they only have one dilgunnerang left?

She said she was thirsty, give her a break[figuratively].

Oooo pope-y-ness.

Papal decree: Post some wild speculation. When reading other's speculation add "in bed" to the end.
Last edited by BigDaddy on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:04 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:And because I am not a cruel and greedy pope, here is my manip for you all!

Spoiler:

You may not be a greedy pope, but you are certainly a cruel one! I just managed to get that out of my head
He/Him/His Image

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:
Tatiana wrote:Blindposting from 20 pages ago: I just had a thought last night of writing a science fiction story in which we're all multi-dimensional beings, and schizophrenic people are the ones who can form memories in extra dimensions that they bring back with them to our 3 of space and one of time dimension that we mundane types live in. Perhaps if we could get an army of schizophrenic dimension travelers, we could rescue Cuegan from out of the OTC and bring them here. There may be various problems with that, since they are stick (i.e. 2 dimensional) figures they may find it hard to take nourishment here, for example.

Unrelated: I have a question which someone might like to address on the wiki page for "Molpy". I see that it arose as a portmanteau of Mole and Compy, but what is the etymology of "Compy"? Does it mean computer? Or is it some type of creature? Or what? Thanks in advance for answering the question of a n00b.

I think it came from Compsognathus. Since the first molpies were unidentifiable, BlitzGirl did an enhancement which depicted a small dinosaur running through the grass. So, they combined the idea of a mole and a compsognathus.

At least, that is how I vaguely remember it. Compsognathus came up in a Google search for "Compy". They may have used another small dinosaur that starts with "comp".

Thank you, most gracious Whizbang!
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

thirds

Postby thirds » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Spoiler:
Foible wrote:Hi All,

I've been following this comic since it started (thanks to everyone here making it readily available) but I haven't posted anything yet. Mainly because I've had nothing unique to contribute.

Anyway, a theory came to me about Cuegan over the weekend. I don't think I've seen it here so I'll share. These "simplified" versions of our characters are AI simulations inside a computer in the XKCD universe. They know facts out of context from their initial database and they're trying to learn new ones to connect what they do know. This would explain why they know that sand castles are crenelated but not know that living things feed their young. It also helps explain why they never considered the possibility of predators until they encounter one. Of course, this also means that the predator is being simulated and is still learning how to be an effective predator.

The whole universe in this comic feels like a minecraft or dwarf fortress game to me.

Don't worry... it's nigh impossible to contribute anything original on this thread anymore. The originality comes from saying the same thing again now the context has changed.

We have no patience for entropy.
Last edited by thirds on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 pm UTC

Megan and Cueball will have a lot of exercise ahead of them
They will probably be sweating and panting
Megan might comment on how big it is
She'll probably say wow as she struggles to climb to the top
It'll hurt, probably a lot
but she'll soldier on
until they reach the climax
Last edited by jovialbard on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:22 pm UTC

[quote="kenmelken"]Since I am no longer the Kindly Caretaker, I must obey the papal decree:
its lack of movement is due to its being tired and shagged out after a long hiss.
Last edited by Davidy on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

Wild Speculation: The people at the top of the mountains will teach them to paint with all the colors of the mountains and sing with all the voices of the wind. (Unlike Pocahontas, who got that backwards)
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

BigDaddy

Postby BigDaddy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

While everyone is worried about Megan, Cueball gets stung by a bee... in the face. Turns out he is allergic and his head swells up exactly like a balloon, and I do mean exactly. Megan grabs hold of his hand and they float high above the mountain. They drift to safety and Megan is supprised the Red Sox won the World Series while they were away. They need to return to the island for some raisin.

nerdsniped

Postby nerdsniped » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

BigDaddy wrote:...Papal decree: Post some wild speculation. When reading other's speculation add "in bed" to the end.

Soon they will get very tired, lie down, and fall asleep.
New to the Time thread? Click here!

"we are dangerously close to answers. Let's hope they lead to more questions..." -- HES

"Expect friskiness." -- keithl

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

ucim wrote:So, have you been here all along, lurking in the shadows? Or did you arrive recently to an already existing almost-thousand-page thread?

I think I first lurked-in somewhere in the NP300s, though I can't recall for sure. Then lifeH got the worse of me for a while, but I came here for reassurance after the molpyraptorcattack. I hope to be more of a regular. Been ignoring my day-jobH to blitz about the last 30NP, though I can't do that forever...

ucim wrote:In either case, welcome to both of you!

Thank you. Somehow I knew that welcome is what we would be... call it a prediction :wink:, since my entry came a few NP before the "How To Time" was launched.

And speaking of predictions - to the Decree: Our intrepid Megball will arrive at the mountaintop with minimal further scathting, but discover that instead of a village, it is in fact a hologram, which they can manipulate with their minds to produce anything they desire. They wish for Megan's leg to be healed, and it is. They wish for a pet pricklymolp, and one appears. They carefully refrain from wishing to know everything, as this will end their quest, but like the molpyphant you are trying not to think of, they seem unable not to think of the request, and like MidasH are granted what they do not truly wish. Thus, knowing everything, they have no reason to journey further.

(I think that works with the suggested appending, although perhaps in a way that is dissatisfying to the shippers (Am I using that right? I was unable to find it on the Wiki.).)

More satisfying to me personally, given that I am admittedly in love with Megan, although perhaps even less likely, is "Marsh'n gets to know Megan better." Though admittedly I can be comical or cartoonish myself at times...

Marsh'n

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:And because I am not a cruel and greedy pope, here is my manip for you all!

Spoiler:

Image Brilliant!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 pm UTC

Zorin_75 wrote:
Tatiana wrote:Blindposting from 20 pages ago: I just had a thought last night of writing a science fiction story in which we're all multi-dimensional beings, and schizophrenic people are the ones who can form memories in extra dimensions that they bring back with them to our 3 of space and one of time dimension that we mundane types live in.

What do you mean... "fiction"? :P
Anyway, sounds fun, would love to read it...

Zorin_75, What would a universe in which Ben Bernanke defected to North Korea be like? And in which technology of immortality was discovered in Stalinist Russia, and Stalin were secretly still alive today? In which he sentenced Leon Trotsky to death by ice axe, followed by rebirth in the body of a retarded Moldovan boy, almost 50 years after he was murdered, who suffers with multiple physical and mental problems? The logic of such worlds is much harder to encompass by those of us with brains which don't travel freely through the various dimensions, I suspect, and so they might not make compelling stories for us. Perhaps those universes are a bit like spice visions in Dune, though. It sounds, now that I read this, like someone on drugs, in fact. :( Which I suppose schizophrenic people are... on drugs their brains manufacture endogenously.
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

they will meet an old wizard on top of the mountain who will magically heal their wounds. Then he will tell Cuegan to go and collect two of each molpy species, and bring them to the top of the mountain. They will hide their from the rising sea, as a mountain is the farthest they can get from sea level. just when all seems lost, LaPetite will drift by on the top half of their sandcastle and they will all get on and sail around the world
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ofvn2vw1872

Postby ofvn2vw1872 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

Wild Speculation, per pope: (also, first post)

Spoiler:
Top of the mountain's structure is not terribly ornate, nothing like some of the temple photos that were thrown around, more in line with what we've seen already,
BUT
it wil lead to an underground river, perhaps with a handy boat.

I doubt that M's leg will get much worse, at least suddenly

Also, relatively new here, and excited to continue on the journey with y'all

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

PredictiONG: Cueball slips and falls in the stream and disappears, never to be found.
ETA: Because the stream they just found is really the Bolton Strid. shamelessly stolen from speculation on NP811

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:25 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:

A page late, but excellent nonetheless. And anyway, photomanips are timeless!

BigDaddy wrote:While everyone is worried about Megan, Cueball gets stung by a bee... in the face. Turns out he is allergic and his head swells up exactly like a balloon, and I do mean exactly. Megan grabs hold of his hand and they float high above the mountain. They drift to safety and Megan is supprised the Red Sox won the World Series while they were away. They need to return to the island for some raisin.

This is perhaps the most comprehensible and probable theory I've heard yet.^
^one or more parts of this statement are sarcastic

As for my own theory, I predict that the people in the mountain will actually be gorons who cannot help them as they don't know human medicine. Then they'll try to make their way back down, slower than before, and by the time they reach their sandcastles again Megan will have passed out from blood loss. Cueball will heroically carry her back to their tent, where it turns out the Zora have allied with their people and DO know human medicine. But before they can heal her, Megan dies, and Cueball must venture to the underworld to rescue her soul. Fade to black, to be continued.
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
mscha wrote:Attack animation update:
Spoiler:

Something about that still doesn't look like a vicious attack. Hm.

I agree, it looks too playful. Maybe it's a young leopard “play hunting”? (There must be a better term for that.)
Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

The Leo didn't have its jaws open when it pounced.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

So one thing that doesn't make sense is why Megan didn't take her meowmolpy hitting stick with her. She doesn't have a bag to weigh her down anymore and she could sure use it as a walking stick to take the weight off her leg. And then she is ready to give it another smack if it does come back.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

BigDaddy wrote:They need to return to the island

in a plane.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:So one thing that doesn't make sense is why Megan didn't take her meowmolpy hitting stick with her. She doesn't have a bag to weigh her down anymore and she could sure use it as a walking stick to take the weight off her leg. And then she is ready to give it another smack if it does come back.

Perhaps stick figures carrying sticks might seem, to outside observers, a bit morbid, such as carrying around extra body parts might seem.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

I'm trying to do a twenty plus page kvetchup. I read three pages and think "hm, not bad" then I look at the clock and see an hour has passed. This is why I'm spreading my present so far into the future.
In case you were wondering.
I wonder if old Charlie got over his moping. Yet another thing to "wait for it" for.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I would like to dedicate the next ONG, which should be soon (wait for it), to Charlie. His contributions will never be forgotten.

Charlie who?

nerdsniped

Worth 1000 words

Postby nerdsniped » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

(Spoilered photo of the stream, somewhat seaish despite being very 2)
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:Image
I do love these mashups of yours.

"we are dangerously close to answers. Let's hope they lead to more questions..." -- HES

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

slinches wrote:RefillONG water bottles
Spoiler:

Although, they look more like some sort of bota bag type vessel.

I agree - I've thought that for a while, and been waiting for one of those uniquely bota disasters. :lol: No luck so far, alas.

kenmelken wrote:Since I am no longer the Kindly Caretaker, I must obey the papal decree:
Redundant attachment:
Spoiler:
manip.png
In that case, I'm standing by my mental prediction of a fresh-water crocagator. The high altitude variety, you know. :P
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

My previous ONG prediction was wrONG!!
So far, anyway.

Eternal Density

Niclep smelled food!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I watched that for quite a while, waiting for the snake/tree/sea to show up. Doesn't seen to be happening yet.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: Niclep smelled food!

Postby slinches » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

Spoiler:
I watched that for quite a while, waiting for the snake/tree/sea to show up. Doesn't seen to be happening yet.

It is quite mesmerizing. Maybe that's what has been distracting people from promptly posting the newpix (or posting in general).

Now back to blank faced staring at the molpy-gif Image

ETA(edit to attach): Hypno-emoticon. It worked with image tags during the preview, but didn't show up after I submitted it. Strange ...
Spoiler:
emoticones_gestos_hipnotizado6_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
emoticones_gestos_hipnotizado6_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif (7.8 KiB) Viewed 13127 times
Last edited by slinches on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

Here's my speculation, which is bound to be almost, but not quite, entirely unlike reality.

Time is a computer run by mouspies to determine the question for which the answer is 1190.
Our Lord Randall may think He's running the show, but He is just an instrument in the little paws of the mouspies.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Hi buffygirl!

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:42 pm UTC

@Marsh'n: Hello! Nice to have you posting with us!
@ChronosDragon: Oh no! Not a MMMMMMMMMMMMGG gif!
@Zorin_75: Thanks! I do like my little molpy. ...My Little Molpy? Oh dear.
@Sciscitor: Ooh, that browser test of the Constellation is so much fun!

cameroda wrote:If it is a fossa, then we will have Mo' fossa very soon- Must be Africa then.

taixzo wrote:
mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
mscha wrote:That's a ⁴ analysis.
A few thoughts: the number of views per attachment will probably also be skewed by quoting. Especially when such a quote appears on a further NP, the number of views will be higher. Whether spoilering, quotes on the same page, or the BlitzGirl-method of spoilering the original attachment and using a link to it in the main post, affect the view count, I don't know. (May even depend on the browser.) <snip>
BlitzGirl wrote:That explains why the OTT is having so much deja vu.Image(That explains why the OTT is having so much deja vu.)

(But what's up with the two different, but as far as I can see identical, attached images in the spoiler? Or is that just another go at the déjà vu thing?)

It's a little experiment disguised as deja vu. I call it Deja View! As of now, both attachments have identical view counts, even though one is only visible in the spoiler and the other has the raw image available in the post (which has now been quoted, thank you).
I now opened your post from above in a different browser, Chrome, that I don't normally use for reading the OTT and opened the spoiler. So one of the images was now loaded in Chrome and the other wasn't. So, the counts should now be off by 1, at least.
Hmm... 481 and 481.
That means, either the view count isn't updated live, or it counts occurrences of the [ attachment ] being shown on in the post, not the attached image being downloaded.

As far as I know, things in spoilers are still downloaded by the browser, then hidden with Javascript. So both images would get loaded each time you loaded the page.

Oompa loompa doop-a-dee doo, I've got another puzzle for you: was looking back at my molpy drawing attachments (there were four in one post) and noticed that for some reason the normal and large sized attachments had identical views, and the small and mini attachments had identical views, but the two pairs were separated by roughly 40 views. Not sure why.

Whizbang wrote:It looks like mscha first called it a compy here: viewtopic.php?p=3356500#p3356500

Then BlitzGirl did her enhancement here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3356510#p3356510

That happened on Newpage 621, which means we've had molpy activity for 300 newpages now. Almost a third of the OTT!

Wild speculation: There are no "people," because all of the people are actually weremolpies... in bed. Every molpy we've seen in the OTC has been a person, transforming to molpy at the arrival of Cuegan... in bed. This includes Lucky, the flutterbee and its raptor killer, the pokeymolp, and the chirpy: all creatures who are not what we believed them to be... in bed.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Re: Hi buffygirl!

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
taixzo wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
mscha wrote:That's a ⁴ analysis.
A few thoughts: the number of views per attachment will probably also be skewed by quoting. Especially when such a quote appears on a further NP, the number of views will be higher. Whether spoilering, quotes on the same page, or the BlitzGirl-method of spoilering the original attachment and using a link to it in the main post, affect the view count, I don't know. (May even depend on the browser.) <snip>
BlitzGirl wrote:That explains why the OTT is having so much deja vu.Image(That explains why the OTT is having so much deja vu.)

(But what's up with the two different, but as far as I can see identical, attached images in the spoiler? Or is that just another go at the déjà vu thing?)

It's a little experiment disguised as deja vu. I call it Deja View! As of now, both attachments have identical view counts, even though one is only visible in the spoiler and the other has the raw image available in the post (which has now been quoted, thank you).
I now opened your post from above in a different browser, Chrome, that I don't normally use for reading the OTT and opened the spoiler. So one of the images was now loaded in Chrome and the other wasn't. So, the counts should now be off by 1, at least.
Hmm... 481 and 481.
That means, either the view count isn't updated live, or it counts occurrences of the [ attachment ] being shown on in the post, not the attached image being downloaded.

As far as I know, things in spoilers are still downloaded by the browser, then hidden with Javascript. So both images would get loaded each time you loaded the page.

Oompa loompa doop-a-dee doo, I've got another puzzle for you: was looking back at my molpy drawing attachments (there were four in one post) and noticed that for some reason the normal and large sized attachments had identical views, and the small and mini attachments had identical views, but the two pairs were separated by roughly 40 views. Not sure why.

Hmm, interesting...
BlitzGirl wrote:Edit to add more sizes.

Those wouldn't be the two smaller ones, by any chance?
Even if they would, the edit was only 7 minutesH later, and 40 views is perhaps a bit too much...
The only other thing I can note is that the two small ones are displayed in a different way (caption instead of a tooltip). But why that is (size?) or whether that could make a difference in view count, no idea.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Edits make me confuzzled sometimes

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

Oh, that might be it. I can't remember for sure which attachments I added when, but that would make sense. :)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 am UTC

mscha wrote:Here's my speculation, which is bound to be almost, but not quite, entirely unlike reality.

Time is a computer run by mouspies to determine the question for which the answer is 1190.
Our Lord Randall may think He's running the show, but He is just an instrument in the little paws of the mouspies.

Not only it's unrealistic, it's the highest level of heresy possible; insulting the Great Lord Randall...
Dracomax, we need you here, now. I'll bring pancakes and corn syrup.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

nerdsniped

Re: Hi buffygirl!

Postby nerdsniped » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:03 am UTC

mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oompa loompa doop-a-dee doo, I've got another puzzle for you: was looking back at my molpy drawing attachments (there were four in one post) and noticed that for some reason the normal and large sized attachments had identical views, and the small and mini attachments had identical views, but the two pairs were separated by roughly 40 views. Not sure why.

Hmm, interesting...
BlitzGirl wrote:Edit to add more sizes.

Those wouldn't be the two smaller ones, by any chance?
Even if they would, the edit was only 7 minutesH later, and 40 views is perhaps a bit too much...
The only other thing I can note is that the two small ones are displayed in a different way (caption instead of a tooltip). But why that is (size?) or whether that could make a difference in view count, no idea.

Browsers are complicated beasts nowadays. Maybe one of the common browsers will prefetch at most N hidden images on a page, and there are N-2 other spoilered images upstream of your post on the same page? Or something of that nature.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly how a browser operates, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory, which states that this has already happened."

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:03 am UTC

AwwwwONG, such a gentleman...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

nerdsniped

Postby nerdsniped » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:08 am UTC

How deep is that stream? Can they keep Megan's wound dry?

Eternal Density

The two-leg threw something. It was the food!

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:11 am UTC

It's great to see Cuegan on the move again :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:14 am UTC

Hi All! Just letting you know I'm still around - mostly lurking, really. Keeping up with the OTT, but posting only occasionally (apparently not always a wise decision).

Random stuff:

I realized today that I have actually began to think of dilgunnerang as a word in the dictionary.
For me, too, my first thought is "molpy!" when I see a critter.
Sometimes thinking in dix/wix/yix and/or dip/wip/yip (what's the difference again?)

Ok, that's all for now!

OOPS! Almost forgot my wild prediction.... ok, lemme think here (this is where some beer might help... Image)

Here are three:

They will reach the top of the mountain to see Charlie Brown and the gang, who will hail them as gods.

They have been on a planet that does not support stick-figure life this entire time (hence the reason they are the only items portrayed as stick-figures), and will suddenly realize they can't breathe and die.

The reason for the rising sea turns out to be because their planet is teeny like the one from The Little Prince (but in this case just LaPetite) and that ship from that Japanimation cartoon in the 70's where they went through space in a ocean-style ship and had 365 days to accomplish their mission, has landed in it (the sea).

Edit: screwed up quotes and gifs 'n' stuff
Last edited by buffygirl on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:23 am UTC

nerdsniped wrote:How deep is that stream? Can they keep Megan's wound dry?

Depending on how clean the water is it might be a good idea to clean Megan's wound here before they move on. Who knows how unsanitary the moleopard's claws might have been prior to the attack.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:25 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
mscha wrote:Here's my speculation, which is bound to be almost, but not quite, entirely unlike reality.

Not only it's unrealistic, it's the highest level of heresy possible; insulting the Great Lord Randall...
Dracomax, we need you here, now. I'll bring pancakes and corn syrup.

Corn syrup?!?? Noooooo! Only pure maple syrup should adorn pancakes! You, AluisioASG, shall be dunked in said maple syrup and then ... erm ... be licked all over by cute little puppies who tickle when they lick, but not too much, and for whom maple syrup is a staple of their diet so it doesn't hurt them.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”