1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:23 am UTC

Tatiana wrote:Okay, that spoiler is the greatest thing ever! :D

ImageImageImage!

(I doubt that means "thanks" but close enough!)
Have a hatted cat who was born that way:
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:33 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:Today I was robbed at gunpoint at work, just while I was following the OTT. Feeling kind of stressed now, but funny thing is - as soon as I got home I opened the OTT and continued reading from where I left off... I know this is really offtopic, but I had to say it.

Yikes! Glad to read you're OK.

The newpix before last, np2660, was indeed late. Usually, when people complain here about a latepix, newpixbot got it within a few secondsH of ONG time, but not this time. Until :05 it got the old hash, the next check was at :15 and got the new one.
This could indicate that the GLR was late uploading a new batch, although it does seem weird that he'd stop his old batch after only a few frames of the ‘conversation’.

BlitzGirl, we missed your 1500th in all the excitement! Belated congrats, and have some more cake.
Spoiler:

I can't keep my eyes open, so I'll stop staying for “one more newpix”. It'll be a while before something new happens anyway, I bet.

Molpy down.
Spoiler:

ETA: 8 NP in 7 np... it's been a while, I think, that the OTT moved so fast.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

CameronCat

Postby CameronCat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:38 am UTC

BlackCat flight has landed in the present. ("I just flew in from NP 996 and boy are my arms tired...ba-dum tschh!") Interesting Blintzb, that--much good conversation and speculation along the way. Enroute, saw Yappo go past at much higher speed and a couple others as well. Not the best trip due to outside headwinds; will try to stay more current from now on. It's good to be back in the Tabernacle; the recent Revelations have become intriguing.

b Too short for a Blitz, too long for a Ketchup.

I brought blintzes. Here, have some:

The FACA (Federal Airborne Cat Authority) will no doubt inquire about the missing tail number soon. *sigh*
Last edited by CameronCat on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Apprentice Curmudgeon by appointment to the Order of the Holy Contradiction
Knight Luminary and Second Prelate of the Proscenium
It's all related

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:39 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:In other news, I'm retiring from the storywriting field. It's too difficult to get right, and there are so many ways to write something, and so many possibilities…
Oh, it's way too soon to throw in the towel~ (unless you just don't enjoy it much). There is no "right" way to write a story... there are more effective ways and less effective ways, which depend to no small extent on your intended audience. The more you write, the better you'll get. I certainly enjoyed the ones you posted here.

Like any other creative endeavor... just try stuff. If it doesn't work out so well, that's ok, you'll try something else later. As long as it's fun, there's no reason to stop.

BlitzGirl wrote:Have a hatted cat who was born that way:
Spoiler:
d'awww... that was adorable!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:41 am UTC

*BlindPost*

I just had a thought... I was wondering to myself how far down the ICT subforum that the One True Thread has fallen since its inception on newpix 1. I'm trying to think of a good way to do this, and the best I've come up with is by creating a database of all the post numbers in the entire ICT subforum and match them up with thread numbers.

And then you could run some algorithm to see what the highest number of non-1190 threads have post numbers between any 2 successive 1190 posts. I'd imagine it would be most efficient to sort the database first, since the posts should be relatively sequential within each thread, and then just run through the database once searching for threads-between-OTT-posts.

If someone could figure out how to create the database of post and thread numbers (or, even better, tell me how to do the forum-database creation magicks (I'm looking at you, Kieryn :wink: )), I could definitely come up with some interesting data about One True Thread trends vs. Other Thread trends vs. Overall Other Rest Of Forum trends (but, then again, if you have the programming know-how to pull the necessary data, you obviously have the programming know-how to do the much simpler things I'm trying to do, so maybe it's kind of dumb for me to ask, so...)
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:43 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
CasCat wrote:....I wanna beanie. Are there any haberdashers left....? (it doesn't need to be a black beanie; whatever would go nicely with my tabby fur would be lovely.)

CasCat

<edit because I kan spel guud.>

Hey, I see you got a beanie already, but if you want another beanie, I volunteered for haberdasher not long ago...just PM me if you're interested.

And anyone else who wants one too, for that matter.

Thank you very much for the offer, ChronosDragon, but I'm happy with the one Mscha made for me. Anyway, now you've pointed this out, I'm sure your PM box will be full of hat requests! :)

CasCat
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:44 am UTC

Looks like Latent22 has mastered the Beanish tongue!

mscha wrote:BlitzGirl, we missed your 1500th in all the excitement! Belated congrats, and have some more cake.
Spoiler:

Thanks for the cake, mscha! Molpy in, everybody!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:48 am UTC

After Megan shows the Beanies her wound, "Beanie-3/Jack/Shemp/the other Darryl" will send one of them running back to their village, and he and the one that stays behind will do a two-man "fire-man's carry" for Megan so she wouldn't have to walk. Meanwhile, he'll be tearing into Cueball for letting her walk; which of course ol' Cue wouldn't understand.

No more kitty molpy pics in my collection. How about some prairie molpies?

Spoiler:
yes, more National Geo.
bal_prariedog family_49.jpg

Edit:
Welcome back CameronCat.
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:02 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:50 am UTC

CasCat wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
CasCat wrote:....I wanna beanie. Are there any haberdashers left....? (it doesn't need to be a black beanie; whatever would go nicely with my tabby fur would be lovely.)

CasCat

Hey, I see you got a beanie already, but if you want another beanie, I volunteered for haberdasher not long ago...just PM me if you're interested.

Thank you very much for the offer, ChronosDragon, but I'm happy with the one Mscha made for me. Anyway, now you've pointed this out, I'm sure your PM box will be full of hat requests! :)

CasCat

Not as such... Image

Ah well. I'll just sit over here, programming and occasionally sketching a hat for myself. I gotta figure out how to get the filesize down on a hatgif so that I can showcase all my wonderful creations.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:54 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Looks like Latent22 has mastered the Beanish tongue!

And the blitzers complained about rot13.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

They began chasing one another around the trees.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:56 am UTC

Prediction: the beaniefolk are actually scary robots.
But not very scary robots.
Spoiler:
The River is Small
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Eternal Density

Both Niclep and Agatha loved chasing anything.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:00 am UTC

It looks like they're thinkONG it through.

ETA: Or maybe they're shocked and slightly embarrassed at the sight of Megan's injured leg.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:01 am UTC

Did somebody say kittens in spoilers?

Spoiler:

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:It looks like they're thinkONG it through.
Spoiler:

The Beanie Bunch seems to be slightly shocked by the sight of Megan's wound - I hope that it's not too bad :(
edit-ninja'd by Eternal Density
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:05 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Spoiler:
CasCat wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:

CasCat

CasCat

Not as such... Image

Ah well. I'll just sit over here, programming and occasionally sketching a hat for myself. I gotta figure out how to get the filesize down on a hatgif so that I can showcase all my wonderful creations.

Don't worry; pretty much everyone who has posted after your offer has been hatted already. Someone unhatted who wants a DragonHat will no doubt be along shortly; they just need to ketchup first.
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

edo

Postby edo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 am UTC

I have new theory for the "Beanies": Perhaps they all have black hair and are wearing black headbands?
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:11 am UTC

Epic pose, Megan. That should get straight to the point!
And then the Beanie Bunch can make it all better...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

But it was best to chase something which ran away.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:15 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Did somebody say kittens in spoilers?

Spoiler:

Yes.
Spoiler:

Redundant
Spoiler:
Really.
spoiler.jpg

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:17 am UTC

edo wrote:I have new theory for the "Beanies": Perhaps they all have black hair and are wearing black headbands?

I don't think we've seen the last theory about the Beanies' hair/hat style yet. (I threw "Black Beanie Guy" out as a split-second response because of earlier remarks about the "Black Hat Guy". Everyone has just taken it up like "molpy" was. I'm kinda glad I was finally able to make a "mark" in the Sands of Time.)
In fact, the more I look at them, the more I start seeing some sort of Greek inspired hair-do.

Again with the not-a-kittymolpy
Spoiler:
but a Black Foot Ferret MoplyImage

the other
Spoiler:
bal_BlackFootedFerret_1.jpg
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:21 am UTC

Randall is playing a game on me... Now that it gets interesting, I gotta go molpy down. Well, GL Cuegan and hopefully I'll be able to follow your journey tomorrow at "work". :)

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 am UTC

I still think beanies, because the lower band is wider than the upper part. Side view again:
Spoiler:

If it were black headbands, I'd expect to see a second white separation between the lower side of the band and the head.
Plus, they're in a cooler location, so full hats makes more sense than, say, circlets.

I like the reactions of the Beanie Bunch in the current newpix; Beanie-1 and Beanie-3 look taken aback, but Beanie-2 is leaning in for a closer look.

Not redundant:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SinusPi

Postby SinusPi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:24 am UTC

In case any of you mad people don't want to spend too much of your precious 1190... Let me assure you it's neither of the languages on http://www.omniglot.com/conscripts/index.htm. Atlantean comes closest, but nah.

azule
Saved

Blindly Basking Betwixt Baby Babbles

Postby azule » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:31 am UTC

Check my sig: My little one is my CSA sponsor. ;)
Spoiler:
A shy man enters a room. The room is so busy with people. It feels so small and crowded. The people are mostly friendly, even though also opinionated. They encourage the man to join them and contribute his silliness. The man tries. He is technical, pedantic, and sometimes grumpy. Silly happens, but people do not always get it. They're sometimes put off. Friendships stay distant.

The man tries his hardest to keep up. He comes to visit every few days. He brings with him playful jabs and silly songs. He brings tools to help make things nicer in this room. A room that turns out to be very large.

At story time, the man regales on the tales of fanciful creatures. This causes inspiration for others to try their hand at grabbing the attention of the room. There is now so much to ingest that the man comes to visit every night. He looks at everything he can before he succumbs to sleepiness.

The man gets less and less sleep, yet finds himself without much time to spend here. The man's life continues on, with love full in his life. He cherishes his woman. Their love evolves to the discovery of another.

A small child enters his life. Cries are now heard throughout the day, no longer the sound of chimes ring in his ear. He wakes when his child wakes, but does not sleep when, too. He watches this baby sleep in peace. He falls asleep for a short while and the cry wakes the man again.

The little one seems proud. He seems to know that he is helping his daddy to overcome the shackles of his sleepiness. The man dad is proud, too.

6 months, BigDaddy? A pre-Time baby molpy. Retrograde congrats on your little one. You should get as much adulation as I had. :)

And, uh, the poo. It doesn't bother me much. The smiles that are actually gas = funny. lol. One day, real smiles. :)

I don't know what you mean, AluisioASG, but I'd say moreso the Joker.

I think he might still be too young for that to work, jjjdavidson, but thanks, it gave me a chuckle. Conan O'Brien had a skit like that too. The most horrible nightly news type stuff read in a soothing tone. hehe.

Haha, Exodies, my partner will be pleased to be directly mentioned. She did, after all, do all the work. ;) Thanks from both of us (and from Squeaks too).

Spoiled quotes. Thanks to higgs-boson, Neil_Boekend, BlitzGirl, yappobiscuits, ggh, rvloon, ZoomanSP, ucim, mscha, Marsh'n, k.bookbinder, fhorn, Valarya, edo, HES, BlueCrab, and any others wishing not to add to redundant congratulations (this'll be our little secret).
Spoiler:
higgs-boson wrote:Congratulations!

And be warned: These little noise-bags tend to grow. ;-)

Neil_Boekend wrote:Congrats!
The next fewpix coma will probably be a rare commodity for you.

BlitzGirl wrote:D'awww. Image

Congrats, azule! That's the best Present present of all.

yappobiscuits wrote:7,4! Congrats, azule!

ggh wrote:Gorgeous! Congrats!

rvloon wrote:Bonus image for the occasion (also for azule):

ZoomanSP wrote:Congratulations!!!

ucim wrote:Cute humolpy azule! I'm sure you'll have a lot more waiting and a lot less coma now!

mscha wrote:@azule: many congratulations on your new molpy! Image

Marsh'n wrote:@azule - 7 and congratulations!

k.bookbinder wrote:And congratulations Azule.

fhorn wrote:Welcome, Squeaks! Quite the adventure you've stumbled into!

Valarya wrote:Squeeee! Image Congrats, azule! Indeed the best present of all.

BigDaddy wrote:Congrats Azule! Enjoy the calm before the storm. Poop everywhere. My little molpy is nearly 6 months.

(During the first few weeks)
Wife: Awww I think he's smiling at me.
Me: Dear, I think he just trying too...
Wife: Ugh he just pooped!

edo wrote:Congrats, Azule! be sure to coma when the little cub comas :)

HES wrote:Welcome to the threadworld, Squeaks :D

AluisioASG wrote:Wow. Is this Randallas in Batman the Next?

BlueCrab wrote:Azule, congratulations on your beautiful Squeaks!

jjjdavidson wrote:Belated congratulations; he's a fine-looking boy! I see others have already wisely advised you to coma whenever he gives you the chance. Here's my advice: Combine ketchup with putting him to bed─read OTT posts aloud to him. (Remember Tom Selleck, 3 Men and a Baby, reading a vicious boxing match in a Goodnight Moon tone of voice? "It doesn't matter what I read, it's the tone you use.")

Exodies wrote:Well done Azule and partner (or azule alone, it's not clear :)). Squeaks for now is a good name.

*added some name(s) and comment(s)*
Last edited by azule on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:44 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

DavidRa

Postby DavidRa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 am UTC

taixzo wrote:And now that I'm back in the Present, here's a Present Present for all y'all:

TimeWaiter
(to the tune of Code Monkey, by Jonathan Coulton)

Blindposting from my morning ketch-blitz-up, but this rocks.

Eternal Density

They were both very good at chasing.

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:...the Beanie Bunch...
It's the story
of a man named Beanie...

Okay I name the Beanie Bunch: Greg, Mike, and Bobby.

TomPace101

Postby TomPace101 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:42 am UTC

Here's one idea for how to determine if the language is gibberish or not, but it would require a much larger sample than what is presently available.
  • Assign a number (or other recognizable identifier) to identify each unique character/glyph
  • Count the relative frequency with which each of these unique entries occurs
  • Compare the frequency distribution to distributions for known languages
  • From the frequency distribution, calculate an index of coincidence

Note that this method would be able to recognize a real language even if its characters are replaced with other symbols as long as the mapping is one-to-one. It cannot, however, distinquish between random gibberish and a more advanced cipher. For example, indentifying a polyalphabetic cipher would also require knowing (or guessing) the key length.

I probably didn't explain that very well.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_analysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_coincidence (specifically the part following "The same idea can be applied to a single text")

-Tom

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 am UTC

An embiggened view of the Beanie Bunch:
Spoiler:

ImageImage ImageImageImage spoiler:
Spoiler:

BeanieBunchLarge.png

RedundantBeanish2.png
RedundantBeanish2.png (194.39 KiB) Viewed 11365 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 am UTC

Whee, my first DragonDashery is complete!

For mittagleffler (requested via PM):

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I still think beanies, because the lower band is wider than the upper part. Side view again:
<snips>
If it were black headbands, I'd expect to see a second white separation between the lower side of the band and the head.
Plus, they're in a cooler location, so full hats makes more sense than, say, circlets.

I like the reactions of the Beanie Bunch in the current newpix; Beanie-1 and Beanie-3 look taken aback, but Beanie-2 is leaning in for a closer look.

Don't get me wrong. I'm going to keep calling them beanies until they somehow show us other-wise. And I'll call them "Beanies" until they introduce themselves as the "<fill-in-the-blank> People".
Besides it's* so much fun to say.

*beanies, beanies, beanies, beanies, moply, moply, moply, moply, grapevine, grapevine

ETA:
Great way to open the DragonDashery for business. Hope to see your wares often.
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:49 am UTC

A couple of points relating to the newexcitement (!!), though no revelations. I haven't seen anybody mention the fact that they are still, to our best knowledge, 11000 years in the future (though I'm sure it's been in the back of people's minds when linguisting) and so I wouldn't tend to expect the characters to be recognisable- any similarities might be indicative of the linguistic origins, but 11000 years is a long time (and what would that make them, descendents of both Indians and Canadian aborigines, practising Judaism?). I think those who are trying to analyse the characters afresh, with things like the possible question mark and adding parts onto the same symbols, are on the money.
Also, remember Cuegan aren't necessarily speaking English, it could just be being translated for our benefit. Beanish wouldn't be translated, to show that it's a different and strange group of people to our protagonists. Maybe it's the Beanie Bunch who are actually speaking English, haha.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:50 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:Don't get me wrong. I'm going to keep calling them beanies until they somehow show us other-wise. And I'll call them "Beanies" until they introduce themselves as the "<fill-in-the-blank> People".

Does that make their kids Beanie Babies?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:52 am UTC

SBN wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Don't get me wrong. I'm going to keep calling them beanies until they somehow show us other-wise. And I'll call them "Beanies" until they introduce themselves as the "<fill-in-the-blank> People".

Yes. :mrgreen: I hope we see one.

We technically don't know if LaPetite is Beanish or not, as she never spoke, but I'm thinking not.

ETA: Still on this newpage, huh?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mittagleffler

Postby mittagleffler » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Whee, my first DragonDashery is complete!

For mittagleffler (requested via PM):

Woo-hoo!

*immensly pleased*

Thanks, my best Dragon!
Waiting.

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:54 am UTC

SBN wrote:

Randalldammit! I was working on a Beanie Baby joke, but I got distracted for a few minutes by Outside :D
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 am UTC

Oh I have to coma, but I wish I could stay and see what happens. Molpy down.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Tatiana on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 am UTC

ReactONG

Okay, I was wrong about who was going to give the orders.....
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 am UTC

I spy three duplicated symbols in Beanie-2's speech.

SBN wrote:

Did you mean: Beanie Semencoffeecancerbaconbabies

By decree:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:04 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:ReactONG
Spoiler:

Most likely translation: "Fetchez la vache!"

(Yes, it translates only into mock French, for some reason only advanced linguists can explain.)
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:05 am UTC

Goodness gracious. So much excitement. I'm so very far behind, though I managed to stay current with reading most of the NPs from today. Lots to do, and I have some ideas regarding time classification, but I need to go back and read the inevitable conversations I'm sure y'all had over the wixend about that matter.

Regarding language, I for one believe he must have used something more than gibberish. Gibberish just wouldn't be Randall's style--not when he was so meticulous with the astronomy. Anyway, I hope to do some wiki questing tonight, and will be back here on the OTT in a few newpix. Finishing up a few other things still for the evening.

By the way, last night I shared the comic, the thread, and the wiki with my best friend/best man for my approaching wedding and he is officially lurking full time. He even is talking with me in the lingo already! Perhaps with some encouragement he could even be convinced delurk and join in the fray... ;)
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”