1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

jovialbard

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jovialbard » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm UTC

It's not a telescope, it's a laser, duh!
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

Blitz progress: 786 of 1051
Chirpy chirp, np 1868

*looks at previous BlitzPost*

*arithmeticizes that he was 265NP behind at time of last BlitzPost*

*arithmeticizes that he is 265NP behind at time of this BlitzPost*

*subtracts 265NP from 265NP and gets 0NP progress*

@Kieryn, RE: Smiley depository (NP779):
Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:
mscha wrote:
Valarya wrote:P.S. I don't know why, but I feel the need to point out that mscha loves Skype emoticons. Image

To be precise, the previous generation of Skype emoticons. Image (The new ones are ugly, IMO.)

Getchya OTT Smileys! See them all here!
http://xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/Thr ... et=smileys
Fantastic! I'm sure there are ways it could be improved, but that's well more than enough to cover most things you need in the thread (so far, at least...)

As you can see, I've used 2 of them here.

@TheMinim, RE:Chirping (NP781):
Spoiler:
TheMinim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Hello, my pretties. I trust you are having some fun and speculation?

We're mostly just chirping. Pretty chirping soon this whole chirpy thread will dechirp into nothing chirp chirps chirp chirping...chirp.

Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp. Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp.

Chirp: Chirp Chirp.
Reminds me of the momentary HODOR filter from the RECKONING:

@ucim, RE: Chapter 10 (NP782):
Spoiler:
ucim wrote:
Chapter 10
My scroll is still missing...Image

Guess I need to Blitz faster to see if it turns up.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Hello, my pretties. I trust you are having some fun and speculation?

We're mostly just chirping. Pretty chirping soon this whole chirpy thread will dechirp into nothing chirp chirps chirp chirping...chirp.

Wow, that quote looks a lot more profane nowadips. :oops:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:59 pm UTC

The OTT is just moving too fast for me since the beanies and the beanish. I can't even cupcake-scare properly.

fhorn.. I dub thee official Cupcake Vicar in my absence. Cake hard.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 pm UTC

WellcONG to my home.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:02 pm UTC

Are they pouring a beverage out of a barrel on the right there, and carrying a pint mug of it to Cuegan?
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

NetWeasel

Postby NetWeasel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:It's not a telescope, it's a laser, duh!

Now that you mention it, it DOES have the silhouette of a Wicked Lasers laser...

ETA: Can't post links yet.
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:Are they pouring a beverage out of a barrel on the right there, and carrying a pint mug of it to Cuegan?

Yes, beverage was my first thought, too. Something is definitely coming out of the barrel/jar/whatever:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Spigot.gif

redundant29.png
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jello34543

Postby jello34543 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:
ucim wrote:
cellocgw wrote:There's a precedent: one Smoot is definitely a lying-down length of a person.
Yes, so to measure altitude you'd need to measure in short-Smoots. (Actually, I had thought it was a circumfrence - lore I'm familiar with indicates he was rolled home. However I've seen it the other way too.
Smoot was rolled home... end over end. (Actually, not really, but the unit was calibrated so that it gave the measurement they would have gotten if they had.) The result was 364.4 Smoots plus or minus one ear. The measurement marks on the bridge are maintained and as far as I know are still there.

The marks are still there. In fact:

Wikipedia wrote:The markings have become well-accepted by the public, to the degree that during the bridge renovations that occurred in the 1980s, the Cambridge Police department requested that the markings be maintained, since they had become useful for identifying the location of accidents on the bridge. The renovators went one better, by scoring the concrete surface of the sidewalk on the bridge at 5 foot 7 inch intervals, instead of the conventional six feet

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote:
moody7277 wrote:One has to wonder how much the Beanies use/understand all this survey equipment from the Old Times.

I think they might have built it themselves.

I agree. (Or at least, it was built with recent or present-day technology in their time, even if it was by master instrument crafters in distant South Netherlands.) If we're really 11ky in our future, the stuff from our time is just way too Old Times for that kind of use. It would be five times older than the Antikythera mechanism is today.

The object centered atop the tower is still, I believe, a surveying transit / theodolite. (For a field instrument, it's a monster, suggesting a very long-range and precise survey.) Next to it is probably just a simple moveable block for the user to stand on when the transit is aimed downward (making the eyepiece higher). Though it could also be a record book and/or writing materials stored in a box. The smaller instrument on the mini tower to the left is... hmm, most things it could be (like a smaller transit or inclinometer or magnetic compass) seem a bit redundant. I'll guess a device for precise determination of the local magnetic deviation or local time using a compass and astronomical sights.

The large round thing on the "shelf" to the right of the tower looks like some kind of inclinometer. Either that, or it's a clay pot with a ruby inside. (That area also kind of looks like a cook stove, but would they want smoke so close to the instruments? No, they would not.) Edit: D'oh, it's a water butt. My acute visual senses trained by decades of video games tell me that farther to the right is a bag of gold, and that they should grab that first. (Senses trained by decades of video games can be inconvenient.)

Somewhere, most likely indoors (at least in a tent) there should be records, maps, writing and charting materials. Books, or at least, scrolls. It would be informative to see Megan and Cueball's reaction to books and writing. Possibly a chronometer. However, no lightning rod on the tower, so either their tech is a bit different mix than any past historical period, or they like to live dangerously.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

Beanie-2 seems to have picked up a bucket, and Beanie-1 looks to be pouring something. Beanie-2 might be giving them some water to wash in, with 1 getting something to drink and 3 will be back with food in a jiffy (around here "jiffy" is something less than 5 newpix.)*

*(What that behind your back? The comfy chair and S&M's??????????)

Edit corrected my own numbering system
Last edited by pelrigg on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:14 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

anabatica

Postby anabatica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote: However, no lightning rod on the tower, so either their tech is a bit different mix than any past historical period, or they like to live dangerously.

Then again, we've seen no indication that they have weather other than clear and sunny in this world...

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:14 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:Every year I try following the Tour but never seem to manage to keep track of anything going on. I find it interesting that it was originally designed as a race in which there would be only one finisher. That's brutal. I hope that this year's race won't be marred by doping allegations, as seems to be the trend now.

That hope has gone down the pan. It's time they stopped trying to pretend the TdF is a sport and just got on with the drug taking.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:20 pm UTC

My hypothesis is this culture is built on an economy of buckets. The first offering they are presenting is a bucket. They were encountered right after the flashback to the floating bucket. The leg injury happened in the presence of another bucket. Buckets are the main theme.

It's buckets all the way down.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:20 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:The OTT is just moving too fast for me since the beanies and the beanish. I can't even cupcake-scare properly.

fhorn.. I dub thee official Cupcake Vicar in my absence. Cake hard.

Valarya! I am not worthy of such an honor. Your Cupcakes are legendary throughout the OTT! (yes, you 7th-grade boys in the back of the hall snickering, I mean the BAKERY KIND.)

I shall do my best to keep up the tradition of Cupcakery, but mine will be but mere imitations. (Yes. STILL talking bakery. Sheesh.)

As my first official act, I present you with some fine cupcakes.
(okay, did a search for boob cupcakes and now I'm all :shock: , will you settle for Bluebirds of Happiness?)
bluebird.jpg
bluebird.jpg (6.86 KiB) Viewed 14909 times
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder
unteaching is the hardest teaching

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:23 pm UTC

anabatica wrote:
Rule110 wrote: However, no lightning rod on the tower, so either their tech is a bit different mix than any past historical period, or they like to live dangerously.

Then again, we've seen no indication that they have weather other than clear and sunny in this world...

They have rain.

Hey, Zorin 75 added links to the dialogue wiki page, so I could do that really easily! Image Thanks, Zorin 75 !
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Give me the ham and hold the mayo!

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 pm UTC

RIP, PhoenixRising.

Happy 300th, taixzo!

Angelastic wrote:Megan: Hi. We're from far away, and my leg is hurt. Can you help us?
Beanie 1: What you say?

Beanie 2: You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA HA...

BTW nice analysis!

Angelastic wrote:By the way, does anyone else think the beanies are statistically more likely to be female, what with being the same height as Megan? I've been thinking of them as being female, not that anyone's chirpytalia or molpysomes have anything to do with the story. I motion that we call them beanies rather than beanie guys until we see sex scenes or have some way to tell them apart to assign them names and genders.

Maybe they don't reproduce, they replicate.

Rule110 wrote:<snip> for much the same reason that the unseen thing that causes some passersby to stop and gasp in surprise at the start of a Law and Order episode is probably going to be a dead body and not a birthday cake.

Good thing Randall never watched Police Squad!, or we would indeed get a cake.

jovialbard wrote:Assumptions and Theories (from someone who, admittedly, doesn't know what he's talking about):

Randell <snip>
I doubt Randell <snip>
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>, did Randell develop a language <snip>
<longer snip>
I somewhat doubt that Randell <snip>
would also make things easier for Randell if <snip>

Who the Randall is Randell?

pelrigg wrote:I see that as a nice, neat way of doing it, as opposed to using super-scripts or sub-scripts. I tried using sub-scripts in a quote in the "wrote section" and the BBcode rendered it as wiki. This (M#) would make it usable anywhere.
Maybe we could also use "G#" for Geekwagon and "A#" for aubronwood.
And the assumption that no prefix would mean mscha's for when someone forgets?

I could work on an auto-linking script.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

fhorn

Re: Give me the ham and hold the mayo!

Postby fhorn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I see that as a nice, neat way of doing it, as opposed to using super-scripts or sub-scripts. I tried using sub-scripts in a quote in the "wrote section" and the BBcode rendered it as wiki. This (M#) would make it usable anywhere.
Maybe we could also use "G#" for Geekwagon and "A#" for aubronwood.
And the assumption that no prefix would mean mscha's for when someone forgets?

I could work on an auto-linking script.

Thank you, Aluisio. Here are some cupcakes for your effort (Valarya, how'm I doing???):
Spoiler:
dragon.jpg
dragon.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 14877 times
"...or I shall have to find Chekov myself, and shoot him with his own damn gun" - k.bookbinder

madock345

Postby madock345 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:38 pm UTC

As the hats mark them as being related to the Canadas, I can only assume that the buckets contain pure Maple Syrup.
"As the size of an Explosion increses the number of social situations it is incapable of resolving approches zero"
-Vaarsuvius, The Order of the Stick
Spoiler:
ethereal_fire wrote:madock345, I like your sig : )

Qwerty.55 wrote:I like your new recursive sig even better than before.

NetWeasel

Postby NetWeasel » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 pm UTC

If Megan gets handed the water, she should say more than "Thank you" (possibly "Thank you so much") so that the Beanian-speaking OTT-ers on the other side have a few more language clues.
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

anabatica

Postby anabatica » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:They have rain.

Ah right, I'd forgotten that frame. Funny how little they've talked about the weather though considering how much of Outside conversation/smalltalk is about it.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

anabatica wrote:

Good point. Force of habit has me thinking of mountain tops in temperate latitudes as very high on the list of places not to be hanging around on top of a tower with a large (probably) metal instrument. But in Tomorrow(x4 million)Land, though it must rain sometime, it is clearly a different climate, so thunderstorms could be rare or highly seasonal there.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

Exodies

Re: On Drawing Molpies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:56 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Angelastic wrote:Chicken Monkey Duck is fine, breath-wise (though it doesn't have the rhymes to help with memorisation, so it's easy to get your molpies and your chirpies mixed up) just as long as I remember to take a breath after that one "Chicken Monkey Duck" line, and nobody funnier and better at singing that song than me makes me laugh half of it back out again by breathing in the same way I did, but funnier.

OMR, that's Imageious!
And very brave of you, to upload a video of yourself with those ears. Image

{P991}I particularly enjoyed the "about" comment in Ang's yourtube. It made very little sense.

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:00 pm UTC

DrinkONG?
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

libra

Postby libra » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

mscha wrote:DrinkONG?
Spoiler:
Looks like. Let's see if Cueball gets a cup to drink, as well.

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

Buckets for sitting. MiniBuckets for drinking.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

I think it's about Time we had an ottification related to the Beanie Bunch!

The Clan of the Beanies
Ottification of The Count of Tuscany by Dream Theater
(Warning, it's a rather seaish song, but worth it for the epicness. But if it is too seaish for you, I've put time markers in so you can skip long instrumental bits. Although you SHOULD listen to it all because it is a bit of a masterpiece :P)
Spoiler:
Italics = Beanies speaking, otherwise Megball speaking.

(4:20)
Many yips ago, in a foreign land
Far away from home, we met some of the Beanie Clan
A strange eccentric tribe, with neat little hats
Took us for a walk, across an arid mountaintop

What's up with your leg? Have some of this paste!
Come home with us, we'll help you out, just follow us
Maybe you recall, a wild and vicious feline
A creature who is similar to a pet of ours!

Winding through the hills, sandcastle far behind
On and on we walked, up rocky slopes and dusty tops
At last we came upon a tower made of wood
An instrument on top, what was it for, we could not know

Let me introduce our molpy
A large and furry thing, Raptorkitty!
Looking up at us, piercing dark eyes
Making us uptight, it's no surprise

We want to stay alive
Everything about this place just doesn't feel right
We, we don't want to die
Suddenly we're frightened for our lives

We want to say goodbye
This could be the last time we see each other alive
We, we may not survive
Knew it from the moment we arrived

(7:10)
Would you like to see our secret holy place?
We come here late at night to pray to Her by candlelight

Then peering through the glass, we saw with disbelief
Still dressed in her beret
LaPetite behind the altar!

History recalls, during times long passed
Legend has been traced back inside these very caves
Where raptors came to hide, in barrels filled with (semencancer)wine
Never to escape, these tombs of oak are where they died

Down the cellar stairs, I disappear
Like the rising sea, the end is near
Come and have a taste, a rare vintage
All the finest wines improve with age!

We want to stay alive
Everything about this place just doesn't feel right
We, we don't want to die
Suddenly we're frightened for our lives

We want to say goodbye
This could be the last time we see each other alive
We, we may not survive
Knew it from the moment we arrived

(14:18)
Could this be the end? Is this the way we die?
Sitting in the dark, just each other by our side
We don't understand, we don't feel that we deserve this
What did we do wrong? We just don't understand…

Give us one more chance, let us please explain
It's all been circumstance, I'll tell you once again
You took us to your home, promised you'd make Megan better
Next thing that we know, we're frightened for our lives

Now wait a minute guys, that's not how it is!
You must be confused, that isn't who we are!
Please don't be afraid, we would never try to hurt you
This is how we live, strange although it seems, please try to forgive

The cat and LaPetite, the raptors and the wine
The fables and the tales all handed down through time
Of course you're free to go! Go and tell the world our story
Tell them of our molpy, tell them about we,
The Clan of the Beanies!

I'm sure the real Beanie Bunch aren't going to scare our Megball like that, but I thought it made for a neat story!
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Testing...

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

For the Standard Frame-Linking script:
A#42 (there's something really odd going on with the Aubron Wood Chapel)
M#2440
G#403
M#2440a
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

foilman

Postby foilman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

Hopefully they will attempt to communicate again soon.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:RE: Left vs. Right

Tell me which is the left leg

Spoiler:

Hint:
Spoiler:

If you can't tell with a full figured woman, how can you hope to do it with a stick figure?

I've seen this many times before and I always wanted to make it oscilate but without success. With the red and blue lines though it is possible. Amazing. Thank you.

No wonder I can't kvetchup, it's taken four attempts to post this. You bunch of windbags.

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

Requisite Madagascar link. A bucket and faucet:
Spoiler:

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm UTC

NetWeasel wrote:

Now that you mention it, it DOES have the silhouette of a Wicked Lasers laser...

Looks like a car to me.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

thirds

Postby thirds » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
NetWeasel wrote:

Looks like a car to me.

A '57 chevy.
car.png
Last edited by thirds on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Ashaman

Postby Ashaman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:24 pm UTC

Those aren't beanies, those are hard-hats. It's some sort of civil engineering survey crew working at a jobsite. They probably also have yellow neon vests on, except that clothing isn't being drawn. They have put up the survey towers to measure the progress of another team, which is filling their oceans using a trans dimensional wormhole, probably connected to the bottom of the oceans on a planet elsewhere in time & space.

fhorn

Postby fhorn » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:No wonder I can't kvetchup, it's taken four attempts to post this. You bunch of windbags.

Especially that Rupert. He's the worst.

Spoiler:
windbag.jpg

mscha

Postby mscha » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:The Clan of the Beanies
Ottification of The Count of Tuscany by Dream Theater

³! Image
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Another wonderful ottification by yappobiscuits. Image (listening to the linked original right now.)

foilman wrote:Hopefully they will attempt to communicate again soon.

Well I guess we'll just have to:
Spoiler:
from cheezburger.com

redundant
Spoiler:
wait_h47746EF2.jpg

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
Valarya wrote:fhorn.. I dub thee official Cupcake Vicar in my absence. Cake hard.

(okay, did a search for boob cupcakes and now I'm all :shock: , will you settle for Bluebirds of Happiness?)
bluebird.jpg

fhorn wrote:(Valarya, how'm I doing???)

You're doin great.. but I said in my absence! Sheesh. :P Also, nothing wrong with boobs.
Spoiler:

mscha wrote:DrinkONG?

Cute! Lil seats and drinks like it's regular ole' tea time. :mrgreen:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

mittagleffler

Postby mittagleffler » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

HES wrote:
kenmelken wrote:Hahahaha. I officially have brought a friend with me to the OTT. :D And he joined during my 5th imperial reign!

Well, this solves the long standing mystery of whether any OTTers know each other on the outside.

I have been growing more and more OTTer-like also when going about in my other life, describing stuff as molpy or chir*ing and such. But today, during a poster presentation, someone I just met two minutes ago wanted to know how long a certain distance was in q! I was a bit surprised at the off-hand reference, but answered accordingly. Strangely, the almost-stranger didn't quite understand me when I in return brought up beanish. Turns out, he wasn't really referring to the OTC at all but to the Q factor (or finesse) of an optical cavity. Huh, why would anyone care about such things?!

Pope-edit:
Spoiler:
Oh, my. This is my first pope-thingy. Eeeh. Why is everyone looking at me? :oops: Eeeh. So, my decree shall be:

Those of you who are tired of your avatars - hatted or unhatted - feel free to change them!

(PM ChronosDragon and say pretty please, if you want a nice surprise!)
Last edited by mittagleffler on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:50 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting.

FullOfIt

Postby FullOfIt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

buffygirl wrote:In terms of the individual "letters," I don't think anyone has mentioned the Theban alphabet.

Ah! That's what I was recognizing. It was used in one of those online scavenger hunt/code breaking kind of games (page with image, name of next page hidden in the image's EXIF, for example) I played a while ago.

buffygirl wrote:
ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:If GLR's gone the full Tolkien and invented a new language, we're chirped.
Nah. Depends on how simply the Beanies talk, at least for now. They could be talking upgoer-five.

Jose

Maybe we can make a reasonable assumption (hypothesis?) that Randall will have the Beanies speak in the same type of simple terms as Cuegan.

That would mean that all the dialogue in the comic thus far is one big clue! Exciting.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”