1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Castle? Castle!

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Castle has stopped sounding like a real word.

Castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle Cuegan Cuegan!

ETA:
Optional decree: use the word castle at least once in your post, for Valarya's sake.
Multiple castles are a bonus. :D

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 pm UTC

***BLINDPOSTING***

A real castle!? :shock: I have returned from my adventures into the Great Smokey Mountains. I shall commence my blitz from page 1050 starting....right after dinner. Hm, we did not leave much in the fridge when we left...
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:26 pm UTC

Eutychus wrote:Psst. It's only a model.

Shh. Knights Temporal, I bid you welcome to your new home! Let us ride... to the Thread Castle of Time!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BigDaddy

Postby BigDaddy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

Revised theory: It is so far in the future but somehow building sandcastles survives as a pastime (cause it is, you know, fun and everyone does it). Beanies decide to make a giant castle cause they are cool like that. Cuebeanie got the building material from near a dam which then collapsed causing the flood. The battlements are out of proportion because they only ever built sandcastles for fun and not defense.

The wife kept playing They Might Be Giants on youtube and now I have the days of the week (I never go to work) stuck in my head so now I bring you

"The Days of the Week (I gotta wait for it)"

Ohh Ohh I gotta wait for it

On Monday, I gotta wait for it
On Tuesday, I post an ONG
On Wednesday, never feeling wrong
Maybe I'll even filk a song
On Thursday, Hey it's a centa-page!
And on Friday molpies I detect
Oh I'm AFK on Saturday
And Sunday is a day of ketchup

Ohh Ohh I gotta wait for it....

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Holy... wow, wow, neat, wow, another wow, neat and wow.

Yeah
Moose Anus wrote:How did they know what a sandcastle should look like if there weren't any real castles?

I know what a unicorn should look like, and I've never seen a real one.
Her response isn't that far off from when I saw an actual castle in real life though. If you grow up with the castle at Disneyland, and photographs, seeing one up close for the first time is exactly breathtaking.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Wildhound

Postby Wildhound » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Ximenez wrote:Prediction:

Redundant (yes, totally)
Spoiler:
prediction.png

Blindpost: Actually LOLed.
Now and forever, a staunch TimeKeeper amongst heretics.

OTC Android Live Wallpaper

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
Moose Anus wrote:How did they know what a sandcastle should look like if there weren't any real castles?

Perhaps there's an unspoken "anymore" at the end of Cueball's sentence, or perhaps an unspoken "in this area." It's pretty clear (by their ability to construct sandcastles) that M&C know of castles, but maybe hadn't heard or seen of any even remotely near their home.

love your username, by the way.

Or they might be a mythical thing, like dragons. Castles and dragons were about equally real to me when I was little; i.e. you found them in fairy tales but never in the real world. (Although that might have been different had I lived in Europe.)

Yeah, I was also thinking - if there's any Americans here who have never left the country, a castle's going to be as real to you as it is to Megball - you may never have seen a real one*, but you know what one is and are very familiar with the concept. As I've said before, Castles may still be a legendary concept like dragons that are still very much in their culture even all these millenia later.

*No, the castle at Disneyland doesn't count :P
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 pm UTC

Zorin_75 wrote:We've seen this word Image three times:

So I'm pretty sure we now know the beanish word for castle.
Image is used two times before it, probably means "to"?
Also Image="yes", Image="YES!" ?

Spoiler:
dialog_2822.png
to.png
dialog_2801b.png
dialog_2703b.png

Given the context for the three usages, I'd say it translates to "Let's go", or "Move on", or something similar.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

BlitzGirl

Sandcastles! (Or sculptures. Close enough!)

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

Presents for all those who have followed the page decree so far, intentionally or otherwise! Sandcastles all around! Image

For k.bookbinder:
Spoiler:
For yappo:
Spoiler:
For BigDaddy:
Spoiler:
For SBN:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

NetWeasel

Re: Castle? Castle!

Postby NetWeasel » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:43 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Valarya wrote:Optional decree: use the word castle at least once in your post, for Valarya's sake.
Multiple castles are a bonus. :D

Prediction: Fortune smiles on Cuegan and they find the assistance that their plight required. ...Or do they?

They get to the castle and knock.
Beardo opens the door...

Beardo: Hello.
Cueball: Hi! I wonder if you could help us. You see, the sea is rising... do you have a phone we might use?

Spoiler:
Castles don't have phones
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

yappobiscuits

Re: Sandcastles! (Or sculptures. Close enough!)

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:46 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For yappo:
Spoiler:

:mrgreen: Image Sandywaterottermolpies! Thanks :mrgreen:

ETA: And here's one for you in return! It's a kittysandcastle in honour of your redundakitties.
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:51 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 pm UTC

NetWeasel wrote:Here are the two "views" of the castle...
Spoiler:

Oh! I like the "front view" theory!

edo wrote:Not scaffolding, Gurters, structural lattice. They have built it and are going to put up the facade. It's a 20th century building technique, so these folks are pretty "advanced"

It's quite possible. Look for "construction structural lattice" (without the quotes) in Google Images.

They must have seen some representation of castles, in art, books... [Sort of ninja'd, several times.]

Oh, and castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle breathtaking breathtaking. (I leave it to yappo to make the last word fit into the music.)

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

Castles make me a little nostalgic. Castles are some of earliest memories. When I was 3 yips old my family went on sabbatical to Scotland for 6 mips. And so my first memories I have are from things there. I remember castles but they are not very clear memories anymore obviously. Not many proper castles here in New Zealand for obvious reasons. But last month my new wife and I spent a month in Europe and we got to see many many castles. An interesting point is that most of the castles we saw were around the 500 years old region. Their was older things like stonehenge which is just over 4000 years old. Imagine what would be gone after 11,000 years!
Last edited by Latent22 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

nsub1

Postby nsub1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

OTF update! Version 0.02 is out, now with like five glyphs! Using the Standard Sinus Notation (SSN), the characters present are 2, 4, b, d, and J. It's not a lot, but it does allow you spell something:
Obviously kerning is a problem, but I want to get glyphs done first. (Not that the ones I finished are done; they're "eh" at best.) And combining marks for punctuation will involve εness. Maybe I'll work on the glyphs for our presumed "castle" next.
Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2013-07-15 at 6.46.33 PM.png
WATER (?)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:57 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:Castles make me a little nostalgic. Castles are some of earliest memories. When I was 3 years old my family went on sabbatical to Scotland for 6 mips. And so my first memories I have are from things there. I remember castles but they are not very clear memories anymore obviously. Not many proper castles here in New Zealand for obvious reasons. But last month my new wife and I spent a month in Europe and we got to see many many castles. An interesting point is that most of the castles we saw were around the 500 years old region. Their was older things like stonehenge which is just over 4000 years old. Imagine what would be gone after 11,000 years!

Me too. When I was very young my family would go on holiday to North Wales every year, and they have lots of pretty 4 castles. I remember going up and down spiral staircases was THE COOLEST THING EVER as a kid :P

edo

Postby edo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 pm UTC

edo wrote:
Spoiler:
NetWeasel wrote:
b2bomberkrh wrote:I think there IS an island, or at least more land, which is the squiggle in the very lowest right. I don't see any sign of coastline, or island shape around the spot that has been pinpointed by the survey lines, though. It seems to be something small, that's fixed in the water.

I think we established that we're in the solar system, but not necessarily on Earth. The square thing in the sea could be the other end of GLR's ocean portal from the "what-if" page...
it would be interesting to see the other end of that "what-if" I call 1000's of yix of snow on Mars (the water that gets to Mars will vaporize instantly in the low pressure atmosphere), and a marginal increase in surface temperatures due to the greenhouse effect of the water vapor, so that liquid water is quite rare, but possible near the equator. If the core of mars is still warm enough, it will melt the snow from the bottom making a Europa like planet with some land poking through. (Half of the Earth's ocean on Mars will be twice as deep as Earth's ocean)

But my first impression is that it won't look like the planet shown here. (Also, I've heard tell that you can change what planet you are on in Stellerium. Has anyone tried it?)

following up:
few things, though Mars more or less makes up for the procession problem of Earth, the stars haven't moved, so it's a worse fit.
Phobos should have made two passes during the night, and it should have been hard to miss (magintude -8!)
Earth and Venus are poor candidates for the planet near Sagittarius (see attachment)
So, overall, Earth 11000 years from now is a better fit than Mars in the current Age.
Attachments
MarsStellerium.JPG
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
taixzo wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:

Perhaps there's an unspoken "anymore" at the end of Cueball's sentence, or perhaps an unspoken "in this area." It's pretty clear (by their ability to construct sandcastles) that M&C know of castles, but maybe hadn't heard or seen of any even remotely near their home.

love your username, by the way.

Or they might be a mythical thing, like dragons. Castles and dragons were about equally real to me when I was little; i.e. you found them in fairy tales but never in the real world. (Although that might have been different had I lived in Europe.)

Yeah, I was also thinking - if there's any Americans here who have never left the country, a castle's going to be as real to you as it is to Megball - you may never have seen a real one*, but you know what one is and are very familiar with the concept. As I've said before, Castles may still be a legendary concept like dragons that are still very much in their culture even all these millenia later.

*No, the castle at Disneyland doesn't count :P

Having recently been to Europe for the first time, I can verify this. The view of castles I had in my head before I went was very different from the castles I actually saw. Including the one the Disneyland castle is based on (Neuschwanstein, in southern Bavaria), which isn't actually much of a castle, more of a large stone palace with a tower or two. After all, it was built in the 18th century by a madman, in the style of older castles he had seen. To tell the truth, I enjoyed the castle his parents lived in across the valley (Hohen-Schwangau) much more, even though Neuschwanstein has a reputation for being impressive. Maybe the tourist-trap aspect weakened my experience there.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

Where's that lightning-cloud-around-the-head smiley when you need it?

In reply to yappobiscuits.. some Americans have been out of the country and have visited several castles. This American went to Castle Neuschwanstein in Germany and the Chillon Castle (or Château de Chillon) in Switzerland. But I really want to castle some of the ruined castles up in castle-world Wales/England. But knowing me, if I ever made it to England.. I'd never leave c*stle London because of all the parties/events I'd have to go to!

ETA: oh look. castle-Hal and castle-Val were talking about the same chirpin' castle at the same time!
ETA2: I actually smiled largely when I saw your decree, BG.. :mrgreen:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

No more CASTLEong

I saw the time, scrolled up to see the newpic, couldn't find it and couldn't believe no one else had posted it yet. Sorry newpixbot!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:09 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:In reply to yappobiscuits.. some Americans have been out of the country and have visited several castles.

You say that as if I said "of course no Americans have ever left the country or seen a castle"... sorry if it came across that way, I simply meant that there aren't any castles in America so IF anyone who lives there has never been out of the country (which is perfectly believable, I've never been out of Europe), they wouldn't have seen a castle. Not making generalisations at all. My point was mainly that even if someone's never seen a castle they probably still know all about them.
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:24 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.

BlitzGirl

The Sandcastling Continueth...

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

More castle presents! Made of sand!

For NetWeasel:
Spoiler:
For Ximenez:
Spoiler:
For Latent22:
Spoiler:
For HAL9000:
Spoiler:
For Valarya:
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits wrote:ETA: And here's one for you in return! It's a kittysandcastle in honour of your redundakitties.

D'aww. Thanks! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

nerdsniped

Postby nerdsniped » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Blindposting from a few NP back with an observation on the latest, non-castle-showing newpix:

Maybe GLR is messing with us. Maybe he isn't. Either way,
Spoiler:
I am messed. I want to see the dern castle already! Castle castle castle! (chupacabra grapevine...)
New to the Time thread? Click here!

"we are dangerously close to answers. Let's hope they lead to more questions..." -- HES

"Expect friskiness." -- keithl

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Multininja'd, but it does seem like they must have had pictures of castles to work with when building their sandcastle. If they're in walking distance of a real castle but had no idea of its existence, it seems to suggest that they have books but limited communication. Fits with a post-apocalyptic world, where they may have books and other records left over from past ages, but communications systems have been destroyed.

edo wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Holy... wow, wow, neat, wow, another wow, neat and wow.

I think what you're trying to say, is this

hahahahaha, I LOVE The Continental.

k.bookbinder wrote:***BLINDPOSTING***

A real castle!? :shock: I have returned from my adventures into the Great Smokey Mountains. I shall commence my blitz from page 1050 starting....right after dinner. Hm, we did not leave much in the fridge when we left...

Welcome back! I hope it was a fabulous trip.

Edited because apparently I've forgotten how to quote stuff. :(
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Ximenez

Re: The Sandcastling Continueth...

Postby Ximenez » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:More castle presents! Made of sand!
For Ximenez:
Spoiler:

Awwwww! Thanks! :D

ETA: And castle!
Last edited by Ximenez on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

NetWeasel

Re: The Sandcastling Continueth...

Postby NetWeasel » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:More castle presents! Made of sand!
For NetWeasel:
Spoiler:

How sweet! Thanks so much! I love it!
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:23 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:No more CASTLEong

The castle is governed by quantum mechanics, and only exists when it's being observed. It and Beardie disappear into Planck Space, the BeanieCuegan follow it on their quest, never to reappear, and...

... thus ends Time.

nsub1 wrote:OTF update! Version 0.02 is out, now with like five glyphs! Using the Standard Sinus Notation (SSN), the characters present are 2, 4, b, d, and J. It's not a lot, but it does allow you spell something:
Obviously kerning is a problem, but I want to get glyphs done first. (Not that the ones I finished are done; they're "eh" at best.) And combining marks for punctuation will involve εness. Maybe I'll work on the glyphs for our presumed "castle" next.
Spoiler:
That is absolutely positively treeish to the max!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:32 pm UTC

nsub1 wrote:OTF update! Version 0.02 is out, now with like five glyphs! Using the Standard Sinus Notation (SSN), the characters present are 2, 4, b, d, and J. It's not a lot, but it does allow you spell something:
Spoiler:

This is treeish indeed! Nice work.

And, castle.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

edo

Postby edo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 pm UTC

Spoiler:

I don't speak Elvish or Klingon, but I think I feel the need learn Beanish (or whatever it is called when it fills out more). Randall would join a select pantheon of language creators.
Co-proprietor of a Mome and Pope Shope

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Just a quick note that it looks like the Beanies might not be wearing beanies after all, but some kind of hard hat. That was suggested before, but we now have (a bit) more information, and it only looks like the surveyors are wearing them.
Spoiler:

ETA that this possible misunderstanding is no reason to change the Beanies' name. (See: Indians.)

<blindposting during ketchup> I am NOT giving up my lovely mschadashery beanie for a hardhat. <firmly>
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

BlitzGirl

Further Castling!

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 pm UTC

Castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle present presents!

For nsub1:
Spoiler:
For nerdsniped:
Spoiler:
For Jose:
Spoiler:
For lmjb1964:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Valarya wrote:In reply to yappobiscuits.. some Americans have been out of the country and have visited several castles.

You say that as if I said "of course no Americans have ever left the country or seen a castle"... sorry if it came across that way, I simply meant that there aren't any castles in America so IF anyone who lives there has never been out of the country (which is perfectly believable, I've never been out of Europe), they wouldn't have seen a castle. Not making generalizations at all. My point was mainly that even if someone's never seen a castle they probably still know all about them.

I didn't make it to Europe until I was almost 40, so while, yeah, I knew what a castle was, I didn't really grasp what they were like. I'm not sure my parents ever saw one, their travels led them to Asia and Africa, but only incidentally to Europe.

BlitzGirl wrote:Presents for all those who have followed the page decree so far, intentionally or otherwise! Sandcastles all around!
For SBN:

Thank you! I tried to include the picture, but it acted like it was going to break the whole forum, so if anyone wants to see the sandwolpy, they'll have to scroll back up.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Some more ENLARGE!ments - 'cause you can never have enough ENLARGE!ments...

That pile to the left of the scaffolding (castle construction in progress) looks more like shaping sand for a sand castle than building up brick (or stone or even earth) for a real castle.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

Tom17

Re: Sandcastles! (Or sculptures. Close enough!)

Postby Tom17 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:00 am UTC

NetWeasel wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh yeah? Check out the castle in the post above yours ;)

BlitzGirl wrote:For BigDaddy:
Spoiler:
For SBN:
[/spoiler]

Tom17

Postby Tom17 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:02 am UTC

Awww holdONG hands.

ETA: Almost didn't see this one as I thought it hadn't updated!

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am UTC

HoldONG hands?

Spoiler:

Ninja'd (what? for the first time the someone-else-has-posted thing has betrayed me!)

ETA: Castle
Last edited by Charm Quark on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Lost forever in time...

BlitzGirl

Sandcastlish presents!

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am UTC

YES! YES! Image Image

Tom17 wrote:
NetWeasel wrote:
Spoiler:

Oh yeah? Check out the castle in the post above yours ;)

Phones, you say? :D Have a castle for following the decree:
Spoiler:

ttscp wrote:That pile to the left of the scaffolding (castle construction in progress) looks more like shaping sand for a sand castle than building up brick (or stone or even earth) for a real castle.

That's because all the best castles are built out of semencoffeebaconcancerbabiesonice nowadays. It's the construction material of the future!

Oh, and for obeying the decree:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Re: Further Castling!

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle present presents!
snippety snip
For lmjb1964:
Spoiler:

Awww, thanks! That's so cool!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:

You say that as if I said "of course no Americans have ever left the country or seen a castle"... sorry if it came across that way, I simply meant that there aren't any castles in America so IF anyone who lives there has never been out of the country (which is perfectly believable, I've never been out of Europe), they wouldn't have seen a castle. Not making generalisations at all. My point was mainly that even if someone's never seen a castle they probably still know all about them.

Actually, not technically true - there are no original castles in America, but there are a few replicas built by very wealthy people.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:11 am UTC

Tom17 wrote:Awww holdONG hands.
Spoiler:

ETA: Almost didn't see this one as I thought it hadn't updated!

Oh, I so totally called this a few newpixes back. Yay me! :)

ETA: Yep, here it is (maybe didn't get the camera angle right, but the hand holding, yes.
TimeLurker wrote:Big Reveal Prediction: The camera rotates 90 deg. to a close up, behind Cueagan. We can see between them the great and mighty wedding cake rising in the distance.

At least I hope so, that would be a pretty cool scene. Oh, and the newpix after that one, Cueball takes Megan's hand.
Last edited by TimeLurker on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:14 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

BlitzGirl

The Last Castling

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:11 am UTC

For taixzo:
Spoiler:
That should do it for this newpage! It's been fun castle castle castle castle...
Spoiler:

Oh, and the most wowterful RELATED castle I've found yet:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”