1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Nilpferdschaf

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Nilpferdschaf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:05 am UTC

WE ARE (TEACHERS)(LEARNERS)(SCIENTSTS)
THIS FORTRESS SWARMS WITH (TEACHERS)(LEARNERS)(SCIENTISTS)
AND I AM THEIR LEADER (RULER)

I guess that means the words for teacher, student and scientist are the same in Beanish? Interesting, it says a lot about their culture if they don't make a distinction between them.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:08 am UTC

Hairdo wrote: We are teachers (learners)(scientists)
This fortress [sharing?] with sc[ientists](Te[achers])(le[arners])
And I am their leader
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:12 am UTC

So their small river seems to be this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluvi%C3%A0_River

And the pretty neat one should be the Rhone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhone
Go Minim go!

ugmhemhe

Postby ugmhemhe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:12 am UTC

NetWeasel wrote:
SinusPi wrote:ExplainONG...

Your sea does not stand alone....

In short, a dam (natural or manmade) burst somewhere, and your sea is flooding.

Your sea does not stand alone
There is another sea ??(north)??
???? beyond the shore
it has become fused/glued to yours
?????? levels differ
and thus over flows

well, this is how it appears to me

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:15 am UTC

Blindpost. (I picked the wrong icositetranewpix to quit comaing late...)
Gedeon wrote:By God! It is! :shock:
(I live in the middle of a map's north edge, if anyone's interested)
Spoiler:

You may be right! And nice Avatar⁴ – but very, very spoilery. Could you please consider, for our Blitzers' sake, to replace it by one that doesn't spoil so much?

ETA: you too, nickjbor (Teddy).

Can we please all try to resist the temptation to spoiler too much in our avatars and signatures?
Last edited by mscha on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:19 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Coal

Postby Coal » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:16 am UTC

Teachers Learners Scholars?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:19 am UTC

Nilpferdschaf wrote:WE ARE (TEACHERS)(LEARNERS)(SCIENTSTS)

I guess that means the words for teacher, student and scientist are the same in Beanish? Interesting, it says a lot about their culture if they don't make a distinction between them.

I don't think "learners" should be translated as "students" but as "teachers". It is them who cause the learning in the students.
Then it's "teachers", "teacher" and "scientist", which could be explained with an extended version of apprenticeship. Or Hairdo is searching for the right word.

Yaay Pope-

Uhm, papal decree, uhm. Redundapuppies! I would like to see redundapuppies!
Spoiler:
For those who do not have the software available to do this yourself: The cheezburger network helps.
Choose a puppy, click select, enter redundancy, click preview, download picture, add as attachment to your post, be happy.

redundapuppies.jpeg
Redundant redundapuppies.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

floppy_gunk

Postby floppy_gunk » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:29 am UTC

Hello everyone! Been lurking for a for a while, finally decided to go and join the thread.

I think the word is SCHOLARS. It looks like 'SCH___RS' at the top, and 'SCH-' at the bottom.

LampyDave

Postby LampyDave » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:35 am UTC

Hello all,

It's another brief de-lurk. I've been watching the thread and the comic since the very beginning (I appreciate there's vocabulary and abbreviations I should be using here, but don't feel that I've done enough posting to actually use them!), and just wanted to mention at this exciting time in Time that I have been so impressed by the thread, its content and also its conduct.

The working out a location from the star map was a delight - I had no comprehension of how accurate that could be both in terms of position and date, and it certainly seems to be playing out (unless we too are being played with...)

SImilarly the mapping, the language analysis and the various TIme viewers are all a joy. It has particularly tickled me since the dawn of Time that Randall must know his audience pretty well. To know that it is possible to put a single frame on his site every 30 mins (then 60 mins), and rely on the audience to create tools such as the aubronwood and geekwagon viewers must be very gratifying, and must go some way to rewarding the amount of work which he must be putting in.

On a similar vein, I would love to think that the 'earthquake knocks part of sandcastle down while precipitating events which will lead to demise' theory is true
Spoiler:
Postby neopifex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:07 pm UTC
I've got a theory about an earthquake causing the sea to rise.

If you look back at the beginning of the OTC, the sea is pretty much static for the first couple hundred frames. It doesn't really start rising noticeably until after Cuegan come back from swimming, I'd say at frame 190 (I'm going by the Geekwagon numbering here). If you go backwards from there, you'll see a bit of sandcastle fall down at the far left between frames 172 and 173 while Cuegan are still in the water out of frame.

That could be an indication of weak seismic waves from a distant earthquake reaching their area. The part that fell was one of the newest sections that Cueball added, so the sand would still be soft and wet. Since both Cueball and Megan were swimming at the time, they wouldn't have felt the tremors, so it would just look like part of the castle fell under its own weight. The sea starts rising a short time later, and appears to have slowly risen faster over time, which would match pretty well with a flood that widens its passage as more blockage is swept away by the floodwaters.
because that would show that the whole thing has been planned out in such meticulous detail that it makes me shiver!

I don't know how all this is going to translate into stuff that can be made available from the xkcd store - but I'm certainly going to be patronising it! I suspect that - in the same way as my 'sudo make me a sandwich' shirt (xkcd 149) - the merch will encourage strangers from all walks to chat briefly about a shared theme.

It is possible that the feel of the thread will alter a bit, but that's a natural side-effect of there being more to talk about, and so less time for Popeing, Knighting and the like. That's different, but not necessarily a disaster. It is worth noting that it's a very long thread which is chock full of considered comment and really hasn't got flamey. As a very long time lurker I would like to heartily congratulate the assembled company for that, and wish us all a nice long time continuing to read and speculate on the story.

You have (as they say) all done very well. I am now returning to silent waiting :-)

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:37 am UTC

Nilpferdschaf wrote:WE ARE (TEACHERS)(LEARNERS)(SCIENTSTS)

It's Jose's descendants!

redundant spoiler:
Spoiler:
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:37 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Hairdo wrote: We are teachers (learners)(scientists)
This fortress [sharing?] with sc[ientists](Te[achers])(le[arners])
And I am their leader

She seems to try to decide between leader and teacher to describe herself (and a faint ruler in the lowest layer). That's a nice concept...
Go Minim go!

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 am UTC

mscha wrote:Blindpost. (I picked the wrong icositetranewpix to quit comaing late...)
Gedeon wrote:By God! It is! :shock:
(I live in the middle of a map's north edge, if anyone's interested)
Spoiler:

You may be right! And nice Avatar⁴ – but very, very spoilery. Could you please consider, for our Blitzers' sake, to replace it by one that doesn't spoil so much?

ETA: you too, nickjbor (Teddy).

Can we please all try to resist the temptation to spoiler too much in our avatars and signatures?

Should we all change our avatar to a picture of a T-Shirt saying "I waited till the end of time and all I got was a Mediterranean T-shirt"?

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:42 am UTC

Molpy up (who needs comas? It's time to watch the British Open!)

Spoiler:

b2bomberkrh wrote:Although it doesn't help the language question, I will point out that the 10,000 time gap isn't quite the relevant time gap. Languages have become more and more stable as technology has progressed. Absent any calamity, I would expect the languages of the future to be close enough to modern day languages to be quite recognizable. Linguistic drift is much more prevalent in the absence of mass media, and global communication. More important is the time frame from when modern technology was lost. Obviously, we have no clue whatsoever about this, but at least it means we shouldn't assume that the language has changed significantly. My own opinion is that it's going to be impossible to crack the language if it isn't based around some current language. My parents work for an organization that learns languages from scratch in remote tribal locations, and it takes a linguist years of living among a people to learn the language effectively enough to translate it.

I'm not sure I agree with this. If anything, the rapid advance of technology has accelerated the processes of new word creation and old word obsolescence, so I think the opposite might be true. Take a book or a song or a movie from today and compare it to one from 20 or 30 years ago, for instance, and there's a noticeable difference in vocabulary. Is there real evidence that languages are becoming more stable, or are you just speculating? Even if language evolution has slowed down, it would have to slow down a lot for us to have a chance of relating Beanish to a current language. Even a tenfold change in rate of evolution might not be enough, as our language today would be complete gibberish to anyone living in the year 1013.

ETA: I do think GLR will make it possible to decipher Beanish, though. He's very seaish in a does-what-it-wants kind of way.
Last edited by Charm Quark on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:44 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Lost forever in time...

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:43 am UTC

I think "scholars" rather than "scientists".

Redundant
Spoiler:
redundantpuppy.jpg
redundantpuppy.jpg (76.76 KiB) Viewed 10318 times
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:44 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:Should we all change our avatar to a picture of a T-Shirt saying "I waited till the end of time and all I got was a Mediterranean T-shirt"?

No, Mscha's got a point. We should try not to ruin it for the blitzers...
Go Minim go!

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:59 am UTC

Zorin_75 wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Should we all change our avatar to a picture of a T-Shirt saying "I waited till the end of time and all I got was a Mediterranean T-shirt"?

No, Mscha's got a point. We should try not to ruin it for the blitzers...

Hehe yeah my post was just a joke to highlight how annoying it is to put such things in your avatar.

SinusPi

Postby SinusPi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:01 am UTC

DenyONG.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:06 am UTC

SinusPi wrote:DenyONG.
Spoiler:

Dear Megan, how do you think the Martians feel? Only if they were on Olympus Mons or some other extremely high part of Mars they're going to keep dry when I finish my online course in opening and controlling Einstein-Rosen bridges.

he/him/his

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:07 am UTC

:idea: Prediction, in the next few newpix, Rosetta will ask Cuegan for help with a big task.

I think so because as the beanie leader, she spends a lot of time with them. I also don't really want time to end.

Oh, oh, and I think it is simply WONDERFUL (as BlitzGirl previously mentioned) that when they got up from the chairs we could see that they were sitting on...
Spoiler:
Bean bags

Reminder: Did everyone vote on Cueball & Megan voices yet? If not, go, listen and vote!
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3411966#p3411966
It's about time.

robbak

Postby robbak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:25 am UTC

Oh - they don't yet understand the timeframe - they still think this is about many years, not few months.

Prepare for two very shocked Cuegan, and a race to save their family!

Not that the 'people in the hills' actually live on what will become an seamount. Anyone who takes refuge there will drown!

edfel

Postby edfel » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:27 am UTC

Molpy'd up, and ketch'd up

So I'm not yet settled on how I will modify the map from now on... the small-scale data is still most interesting, but I could extend in all directions to include the Beanie's data.... and again to include topographic data from all Earth. How can all this be integrated in only one map? radial log scale? tools like openstreetmap? using three different pages?
I'll be struggling to keep the "mouseover panorama" also, but it's the occasion to try different features...

In any case, the current map will be kept as "pre-revelation map".

Btw, if the mediterranean has dried out, then can we conclude that semencancercaffeinatedbaconbabiesonice/sand is actually... salt? has the hypothesis already been up during the first ages?
Can someone build large structures in salt?

teddy, aka nickjbor wrote:Are you the fellow who runs the map
uh, do you need some help 'updating' it :P I got free time.

I'm not good at delegating (and I guess you didn't look at the code before offering help:P) but yes I could use some help^^
The discussions on how the map should evolve can be moved to the [currently outdated] mapping page of the wiki, anyone can join :)
For technical realization, we'll get a clearer picture of how to do things once we know what to do, so I might be able to do that on my own or need to ask for help... we'll see!
Last edited by edfel on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:45 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:29 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:OK OTVO voting time! This is now quarter final voting to see who goes onto the next round and submit a new set audition.
Pick your favorite Cueball and Meagan Voice.
Results will be displayed here

To Vote just listen to the audio and quote my post. Leave only the top few lines of my post please which has a link back to this post where the results will be updated. Then state who you vote for and why.

Results:
Spoiler:
==========
C1: 4 ZoomanSP,Fictioneer,lmjb1964,ucim
C2:
C3:
C4:
C5: 10 Eliram,NoMouse,yappobiscuits,ZoomanSP,edfel,Fictioneer,wizpretz,edo,ucim,Ebonite
C6: 8 NoMouse,adnapemit,HereBeUnmappedBits,ZBerg,Zorin_75,Moose Anus,lmjb1964,ucim
C7:
C8:

M1: 1 ZBerg
M2: 9 Eliram,HereBeUnmappedBits,ZoomanSP,edfel,Moose Anus,Fictioneer,wizpretz,lmjb1964,Ebonite
M3: 9 Eliram,NoMouse,adnapemit,yappobiscuits,Zorin_75,Fictioneer,edo,lmjb1964,vvn
M4:

cueball.mp3

Megan.mp3

Missed one voice audition so here is C8 which you can vote for as well:
C8.mp3

If I've missed your voice or want to add your audition as well let me know!

I vote C6 and M3

ETA: Perhaps I voted for the British Cueball because I'm watching the British Open. I'm sticking with it regardless :)
Lost forever in time...

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 am UTC

Does this mean Randall is moving to France?

he/him/his

Nilpferdschaf

Postby Nilpferdschaf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:42 am UTC

edfel wrote:Btw, if the mediterranean has dried out, then can we conclude that semencancercaffeinatedbaconbabiesonice/sand is actually... salt? has the hypothesis already been up during the first ages?
Can someone build large structures in salt?

It's probably very sandy salt and old plastik with a lot of dead organic material underneath, not sure if that's a good sand castle building material, but people have made salt sculptures. Maybe if you mix it with a bit of water the cristals fuse together...? The ones you find online don't look nearly as big as their castle though.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 am UTC

I feel sad for BlitzGirl, she has spend so much time here and now she's away to be a bridesmaid all this exposition appears. She even misses the deciphering of Hairdo's words, while she spend so much time indexing Beanie.

he/him/his

Swein

Postby Swein » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 am UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
b2bomberkrh wrote:Although it doesn't help the language question, I will point out that the 10,000 time gap isn't quite the relevant time gap. Languages have become more and more stable as technology has progressed. Absent any calamity, I would expect the languages of the future to be close enough to modern day languages to be quite recognizable. Linguistic drift is much more prevalent in the absence of mass media, and global communication. More important is the time frame from when modern technology was lost. Obviously, we have no clue whatsoever about this, but at least it means we shouldn't assume that the language has changed significantly.

Languages become more stable over history because we have more widespread and durable literacy and faster and longer-range communication, meaning there is less fracturing of languages communities (because spatially distant speakers can stay in touch) and slower change within each community (because through literacy, temporally distant readers and writers can "stay in touch" too).

Since we don't know when modern technology was lost, we have no idea when significant linguistic drift began occurring. Assuming the 10ky future estimates are correct, and we have no idea when between now and then modern technology was lost, we have between 0 and 10k years of linguistic drift to account for. Even taking the mean of those and assuming 5k years of linguistic drift... that's still long enough to get the equivalent divergence of the Indo-European languages that were present around the 14th century. So even assuming somehow everyone in the Mediterranean area spoke the same language when this divergence started, you could easily get neighbors speaking languages as different as Latin and Farsi in those 5k years.

Should we not forget about the 10 000 years now? If we have to wait for Gibraltar straights to close and then open again - then we are faaar into the future! Or a long way back...

Besides, like CharmQ I wonder if there are data supporting that the linguistic drift is slowing down? Swedish is drifting quite quickly nowadays... That fragmentation is slowing down (or rather reversing) in the modern world is quite natural though.
The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:02 am UTC

SavONG

he/him/his

odaiwai

Postby odaiwai » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:04 am UTC

RealizONG their home is under water now...
Spoiler:

ETA: ninja'd!

Charm Quark

Postby Charm Quark » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:10 am UTC

Swein wrote:
Spoiler:
Pfhorrest wrote:
b2bomberkrh wrote:Although it doesn't help the language question, I will point out that the 10,000 time gap isn't quite the relevant time gap. Languages have become more and more stable as technology has progressed. Absent any calamity, I would expect the languages of the future to be close enough to modern day languages to be quite recognizable. Linguistic drift is much more prevalent in the absence of mass media, and global communication. More important is the time frame from when modern technology was lost. Obviously, we have no clue whatsoever about this, but at least it means we shouldn't assume that the language has changed significantly.

Languages become more stable over history because we have more widespread and durable literacy and faster and longer-range communication, meaning there is less fracturing of languages communities (because spatially distant speakers can stay in touch) and slower change within each community (because through literacy, temporally distant readers and writers can "stay in touch" too).

Since we don't know when modern technology was lost, we have no idea when significant linguistic drift began occurring. Assuming the 10ky future estimates are correct, and we have no idea when between now and then modern technology was lost, we have between 0 and 10k years of linguistic drift to account for. Even taking the mean of those and assuming 5k years of linguistic drift... that's still long enough to get the equivalent divergence of the Indo-European languages that were present around the 14th century. So even assuming somehow everyone in the Mediterranean area spoke the same language when this divergence started, you could easily get neighbors speaking languages as different as Latin and Farsi in those 5k years.

Should we not forget about the 10 000 years now? If we have to wait for Gibraltar straights to close and then open again - then we are faaar into the future! Or a long way back...

Besides, like CharmQ I wonder if there are data supporting that the linguistic drift is slowing down? Swedish is drifting quite quickly nowadays... That fragmentation is slowing down (or rather reversing) in the modern world is quite natural though.

I'm by no means an expert on the predictions of the long night, but as I understand it OTT astronomers calculated the ~10000 years in the future estimate based on how far certain stars have moved from their Outside positions. If we were in the even more distant future, these stars would have moved even further.
Last edited by Charm Quark on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lost forever in time...

Flotter

Postby Flotter » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:11 am UTC

Difficult to see if Beardie/Rose/Leader is the one who's not looking very well or if Cueball is a bit pale.

Maybe Cueball just doesn't like the prospect of walking all the way back.

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:12 am UTC

Swein wrote:Should we not forget about the 10 000 years now? If we have to wait for Gibraltar straights to close and then open again - then we are faaar into the future! Or a long way back...

No, not at all. Somebody said earlier that it would take about 2000 years for the Mediterranean to completely dry out (which has only happened partially here). Now the big question is what (tectonic drift is out with this timeframe) caused the Gibraltar straight to close again (and probably also caused the collapse of civilization as we know it...), but if that happened somehow, 10000 years is more plausible than ever. Also they're in an old castle at a place that's going to be an island again at exactly the spot where todayH there's a castle on an island...
Last edited by Zorin_75 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:15 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Go Minim go!

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:13 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:SavONG
Spoiler:

Cueball and Rosetta just fell in love, and thus ends Time.
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

SPACKlick

Postby SPACKlick » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:14 am UTC

Prediction: There will soon be a cut or fade to La petite showing her standing atop a dam barely protecting the cuegan's from the flood.

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 am UTC

Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:19 am UTC

Blindposting again myself...

b2bomberkrh wrote:By the way, I tend to ketchup by starting with the current and working backwards, is there a different name for that?

How about “ketchdown“ :-)

Lastly, has anyone mentioned Julian May's books that were set in the past in the Mediterranean basin? Good set of books, and makes me think of this.

Mentioned, no. Enjoyed them and thought of them, yes.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:20 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:It doesn't matter anymore... :\

"Mama, I killed a molpy today,..."
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:21 am UTC

I think Rosetta is trying to figure out how to tell Megball their home is already flooded, and isn't enjoying it.

Neil_Boekend wrote:I feel sad for BlitzGirl, she has spend so much time here and now she's away to be a bridesmaid all this exposition appears. She even misses the deciphering of Hairdo's words, while she spend so much time indexing Beanie.

We knew it would happen ─ every time BlitzGirl leaves, the mustard hits the fan. When she announced she'll be away for an extended period, we knew the mustard would get deeper than usual.
────────────────
By the way: New Othercomic. According to quantum mechanics, it's not worth reading.
EDIT: Ninja'd (appropriately enough) by higgs-boson.
Chirpin' comic's up for hours and nobody says a word, then we both post within three minutes...
Last edited by jjjdavidson on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:28 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

mindonner

Postby mindonner » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:21 am UTC

Hard to see Rosetta's arms, but they might possibly be in the "oh noes!" position - I reckon she suddenly looks upset because she has to break it to Cuegan that it's too late.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:31 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I feel sad for BlitzGirl, she has spend so much time here and now she's away to be a bridesmaid all this exposition appears. She even misses the deciphering of Hairdo's words, while she spend so much time indexing Beanie.

I can see it, though. Full church/lawn gathering, bride & groom standing front & center, and one bridesmaid staring at her tablet during the ceremony, occasionally calling out "weird" or "neat" .
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”