1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Tatiana

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Tatiana » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

Lucky absolutely needs to be one of the pieces of the game! I would suggest that we can have as many pieces as we like in our game, so long as one of them is Lucky.

Unthwap!!!
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:55 pm UTC

Ephemeron wrote:Wow...

I didn't know that Time was still going. The last time I last checked the archive was around the end of the sandcastle sequence. And I only saw a few fast-moving playthroughs, so I didn't see the dialogue. I thought the whole thing was overrated, and that this forum thread was unnecessary and ridiculous. Until now.

When I saw the interactive player (which I recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet), the story emerged. I started to like it a lot better when I realised it was about two curious children. I'm not sure what the current consensus is about Megan and Cueball's ages, but for me it was quite obvious on frame 564 (Megan doesn't know how big the sea is) that they are little kids who don't know much about the world. It was amusing to see how long people mistook them for adults. (Having sex in a sandcastle? How inappropriate!) It was Neoqix who successfully called their ages on page 18, but it was scarcely mentioned again until Asthanius on page 340.

So far I've skimmed through the first 500 pages. And oh my, it is amazing how you manage to keep yourselves amused during the long periods when nothing is happening. I suppose I am lucky to have joined you at a very interesting time. Even during these last few hours, newpix have revealed important plot developments.

I must say it is a relief to see Munroe break out of his stale webcomic format for some long overdue serialised storytelling. My only problem with that is that it's in possibly the least accessible format ever. But if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't be here.

I'd like to see the eventual movie adaptation of this, though it's more than likely that the sandcastle sequence that played out for a month would only be shown during the opening credits. Of course it would probably not be made for another ten years, which is when this comic is due to finish. And it would be starring child actors who haven't even been born yet.

Of course, I'd much prefer that it never ends.

Welcome to the One True Thread!

We've established by size comparison with La Petite (the beret-wearing figure who briefly appears toward the end of the Sand Castle Age, that Cueball and Megan (our protagonists) are either adults or at the very least older teenagers. This is confirmed by size comparisons with the larger tribe we've just seen.

They're just too tall to be children.
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

hunjoh

Postby hunjoh » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:56 pm UTC

Tatiana wrote:Lucky absolutely needs to be one of the pieces of the game! I would suggest that we can have as many pieces as we like in our game, so long as one of them is Lucky.

Unthwap!!!

I'll second the WOWtree.....

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Good job you're not molpying down JUST yet, because I just finished this...
Spoiler:

THIS is BLOODY BRILLIANT!!! I can't say enough about this, Yappo, really, really good show!!! I've noticed one little detail that you may or may not wish to consider! (really, everything is perfect!) The Cueball/Monomolpy guy in the middle could be made to look like Rosetta (and she has a stick with +1 Thwapping)!!

Just absolutely ACES!!!!
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

tavella

Postby tavella » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:I'm pretty sure they are just going to ride the rising sea front upwards along the path of the river. They are already at this front. They are unlikely to have propulsion to leave the sea front behind. We don't know where this river goes, however. We do know more about the Big River (Rhone) and that it goes to the castle, but this one is more of a mystery. The fact that it is small worries me. Some small rivers rise as springs, rather than high up. If they follow it they may reach a local top. In which case the raft can still save them since they can float, but not run, above it.

We do know where it sources: several small rivers in the west half of the Bay of Marseille. It was on the Beanie map. But they won't be able to ride it all the way up, obviously, as they'll hit the steeply rising escarpment. But they should theoretically be able to cross the dangerous low lying plain between them and the nearest point of above-Tethys-level land.

gga2

Postby gga2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

ContinuONG to build

Alt-text = RUN.
Last edited by gga2 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

LampyDave wrote:On a similar vein, I would love to think that the 'earthquake knocks part of sandcastle down while precipitating events which will lead to demise' theory is true

There was this graph by Smithers back on NP 261:
So the water began rising in earnest with a small delay after the piece fell off the castle in frame 173. I think this fits far too well to be a coincidence...
Go Minim go!

mikro2nd

Postby mikro2nd » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Other answers have been given, but it was speculated that they (Cuganites) have become more dense over time ...

...probably a result of inbreeding, there being but 40 of them.

Oh. You didn't mean dense in that sense, did you?

coma time: I dread to contemplate the number of NP that will await me in the morn.
One world, one soul
Time pass, the river rolls

speising

Postby speising » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

i don't know, they don't seem so dense to me, just uneducated...

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 pm UTC

speising wrote:i don't know, they don't seem so dense to me, just uneducated...

Dense in the sense of hydrology, not psychology. Sorry if I misled and happy that I walked into the joke.

Newcomers. Tell us about your handles. The regulars have mostly done so in the past. Mine is just an alter ego, without relationship to my TrueName. And since I'm grumbly, after you do so, get off my porch. :twisted:
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Reka

Postby Reka » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:Aren't yurts generally made out of felt? That isn't very waterproof...

It wouldn't be terribly functional as a dwelling if it weren't waterproof. This isn't your local craft store felt we're talking about, this is thick stuff that has been pounded together out of natural wool which still contained significant quantities of lanolin. (Also, canvas is not generally considered waterproof, yet people make tents out of it all the time.)

Tass

Postby Tass » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

NetWeasel wrote:Another advantage to the "up a river" idea...
Rivers do not flow uphill. Therefore, going against normal river flow means you are always going uphill, and therefore safer from being trapped by the flood.

Blindposting. There is still the risk of just going up a seamount if the river originates there, rather than comming from the mainland. The soon to be flooded lands are very seaish.

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:13 pm UTC

pkcommando wrote:
Spoiler:
Someguy945 wrote:
Fictioneer wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:I am thinking, for our MONOMOLPY:

Hedgemolpy
Lucky
Castle
Beanie
Bag
Raft (from original sandcastle)
Bucket

...bit stuck on the last piece.

Bunch of grapes?

I think you need a Chirpy bird or w/e the OTT term for them is.

I also like the flag idea. The "bag" should be removed, in my opinion.

No love for the trebuchet?

Oh Trebuchet is a WIN in my opinion. How'd that slip by so long without no one noticing it missing from the list of playing pieces?? Yes, Trebuchet wins my vote as a MUST for the pieces list.
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

MajorDouble7 wrote:THIS is BLOODY BRILLIANT!!! I can't say enough about this, Yappo, really, really good show!!! I've noticed one little detail that you may or may not wish to consider! (really, everything is perfect!) The Cueball/Monomolpy guy in the middle could be made to look like Rosetta (and she has a stick with +1 Thwapping)!!

Just absolutely ACES!!!!

Thanks :mrgreen: although I'm not sure why the Monomolpy Guy should be Rosetta... I wasn't really going for "Cueball", just "Generic xkcd character".
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Small Present Present: for any of y'all who are running Ubuntu, I ported my Newpix clock over. Here it is:
http://taixzo.com/Newpixometer.gz

Here's what it looks like in action:

Since the numbering standards have diverged, I'm leaving it with mscha numbering, as that makes the most sense to me (and also is the simplest to code! :wink: )
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Random832

Postby Random832 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

Tass wrote:The soon to be flooded lands are very seaish.

And will become even more so within days. Sorry, spotted an easy pun and couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

JGeezer

Postby JGeezer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:25 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
Spoiler:

Dense in the sense of hydrology, not psychology. Sorry if I misled and happy that I walked into the joke.

Newcomers. Tell us about your handles. The regulars have mostly done so in the past. Mine is just an alter ego, without relationship to my TrueName. And since I'm grumbly, after you do so, get off my porch. :twisted:

Well, let's just say I am a "J" and I started programming - with punch cards - around 1964 :wink:
Image All you molpys, get off my lawn!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

Behind again, so blindposting.

k.bookbinder wrote:My my. I think we may need two editions of pieces. OK, so how about this list:

Spoiler:
Squirpy
Raft
Dildunnerang
Beanie
Flag
Trebuchet
Castle
Bucket

That's a lot of things from the early period of the OTC when the Monomolpy board has almost every era on it. Perhaps get rid of the bucket and the raft and add something from later. Like the grapevine I mentioned. Or a tiny baobab (is that an oxymoron?).
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

neopifex

Postby neopifex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:

Mine is a portmanteau of "neo" and "opifex" (the latter meaning "artisan" in latin). It's kinda dumb and difficult to pronounce, but I came up with in in college, back when everything that came out of my head seemed clever. I still use it because it's unique, so it's always available when I join a new forum or website.

You didn't ask about avatars, but mine is one of my own designs. It's a play on the concept of "rock god," except it's a rock cod playing a Stratocaster. Before you ask, yes, I do have another design of a bass playing bass.
C'mon, let's see what's through here!

Ephemeron

Postby Ephemeron » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:27 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
Spoiler:
I didn't know that Time was still going. The last time I last checked the archive was around the end of the sandcastle sequence. And I only saw a few fast-moving playthroughs, so I didn't see the dialogue. I thought the whole thing was overrated, and that this forum thread was unnecessary and ridiculous. Until now.

When I saw the interactive player (which I recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it yet), the story emerged. I started to like it a lot better when I realised it was about two curious children. I'm not sure what the current consensus is about Megan and Cueball's ages, but for me it was quite obvious on frame 564 (Megan doesn't know how big the sea is) that they are little kids who don't know much about the world. It was amusing to see how long people mistook them for adults. (Having sex in a sandcastle? How inappropriate!) It was Neoqix who successfully called their ages on page 18, but it was scarcely mentioned again until Asthanius on page 340.

So far I've skimmed through the first 500 pages. And oh my, it is amazing how you manage to keep yourselves amused during the long periods when nothing is happening. I suppose I am lucky to have joined you at a very interesting time. Even during these last few hours, newpix have revealed important plot developments.

I must say it is a relief to see Munroe break out of his stale webcomic format for some long overdue serialised storytelling. My only problem with that is that it's in possibly the least accessible format ever. But if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't be here.

I'd like to see the eventual movie adaptation of this, though it's more than likely that the sandcastle sequence that played out for a month would only be shown during the opening credits. Of course it would probably not be made for another ten years, which is when this comic is due to finish. And it would be starring child actors who haven't even been born yet.

Guess he hasn't gotten that far in the story if he still thinks they're children :)
Oh, and welcome back! Although it sounds like you're blitzing, so you may not read this for quite a while.

No, I read all of it. Had to check the wiki for Rosetta's dialogue. But as far as I know, the only piece of canon that directly contradicts it is Cueball's reference to 'when I was little', which could easily be referring to when he was like... 4.

Yes, I know it's not realistic for children to be allowed to wander off on their own like that. But this is a liberty that is often taken by fiction writers (WARNING: TVTropes). And it is possibly justified by the tribal setting. Children here would have necessarily learned a lot more survival skills, such as how to fend off a wildcat.

You're probably going to point out that none of the other characters appear to be much taller than Megan and Cueball. That means nothing. It could easily be a Teenage Wasteland (TVTropes again).

Lokiparts

Postby Lokiparts » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:27 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Newcomers. Tell us about your handles. The regulars have mostly done so in the past. Mine is just an alter ego, without relationship to my TrueName. And since I'm grumbly, after you do so, get off my porch. :twisted:

Loki is for the Norse god of Mischeif it is what we named our small car club about 12 years ago... Partially because we are almost always up to something and partially because it is a heterograph of "low key" which is what most of our cars tend to be. And "Parts" because I am generally the go to guy for knowledge and research concerning autuomtive parts out of our group. Also I spend an unusually large amount of time in junkyards for fun.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:28 pm UTC

@HAL9000 Hi Hal! No worries. It is incredibly hard to read it all. I admit, I skim-blitzed to catch up with the present, and that was difficult enough. We know you are out there, and you know that you are always welcome here! I do hope you are able to fully enjoy your summer, while still finding the odd moment to pop in and share in the OTT excitement over the OTC. For these are, indeed, incredibly exciting times! :mrgreen:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

shurikt

Postby shurikt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:30 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:...bit stuck on the last piece.

Come on! A tiny trebuchet! (still ketchupping)

LOL. The only thread where you can be ninja'd by four pages.
Last edited by shurikt on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

hunjoh

Postby hunjoh » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Behind again, so blindposting.

k.bookbinder wrote:My my. I think we may need two editions of pieces. OK, so how about this list:

Spoiler:
Squirpy
Raft
Dildunnerang
Beanie
Flag
Trebuchet
Castle
Bucket

That's a lot of things from the early period of the OTC when the Monomolpy board has almost every era on it. Perhaps get rid of the bucket and the raft and add something from later. Like the grapevine I mentioned. Or a tiny baobab (is that an oxymoron?).

Monomolpy pieces - The map!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:32 pm UTC

Ephemeron wrote:
jovialbard wrote:
Spoiler:

Guess he hasn't gotten that far in the story if he still thinks they're children :)
Oh, and welcome back! Although it sounds like you're blitzing, so you may not read this for quite a while.

No, I read all of it. Had to check the wiki for Rosetta's dialogue. But as far as I know, the only piece of canon that directly contradicts it is Cueball's reference to 'when I was little', which could easily be referring to when he was like... 4.

Yes, I know it's not realistic for children to be allowed to wander off on their own like that. But this is a liberty that is often taken by fiction writers (WARNING: TVTropes). And it is possibly justified by the tribal setting. Children here would have necessarily learned a lot more survival skills, such as how to fend off a wildcat.

You're probably going to point out that none of the other characters appear to be much taller than Megan and Cueball. That means nothing. It could easily be a Teenage Wasteland (TVTropes again).

None of the characters are taller than Megan and cueball. But many of the characters (who are the ones referred to as "kids") are a good deal shorter. (See LaPetite, for example.)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Lokiparts

Postby Lokiparts » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

neopifex wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

Mine is a portmanteau of "neo" and "opifex" (the latter meaning "artisan" in latin). It's kinda dumb and difficult to pronounce, but I came up with in in college, back when everything that came out of my head seemed clever. I still use it because it's unique, so it's always available when I join a new forum or website.

You didn't ask about avatars, but mine is one of my own designs. It's a play on the concept of "rock god," except it's a rock cod playing a Stratocaster. Before you ask, yes, I do have another design of a bass playing bass.

I laughed entirely too loud when I read "rock cod"

Well done!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Wow. Wow wow wow.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:35 pm UTC

OH. MY. RANDALL.

135 newpix I was away from time, between working an academic camp for raptor-zombies (well, high school students, same diff), working my other job, playing in one show and opening another (I have a wee tendency to take on too many things), and being sick. Panic would often grip me, due to severe chronosfinephobia (the fear that Time had ended). I finally had a change to delve into the Book of Aubron today, and WOW! As I was watching this last part of Time, I was actually getting breathless with excitement, and anxiety for our little Cuegan. And then I was saying LA PETITE LA PETITE OMR IT'S LA PETITE. Good thing I'm alone in the office.

And then I visit the OTT and one of the first things I see is yappo's game board. I am..I don't know what to say. Flippin' brilliant. (BTW, yappo, I was driving along Cannery Row yesterday and saw a 6-foot tall stuffed sea otter in one of the stores. I wanted to take a picture for you, but didn't have a chance to go back.)

I hope things have gone forward with the voiceovers. Can't wait to see what's been happening.

I'm still pretty overwhelmed with Outside life, and I think I'm about a million pages behind, so I'll be lurking for a while. But it's so good to see you all again!! And I wrote a song for you--well, one verse--based on the song "We Are What We Are" from La Cage Aux Folles:

We are what we are, and what we are is pretty awesome.
We like to help out, we'd bump up first posts if we saw some.
Folks here have mad skills in art and math and mapping,
Programming, and going hours without napping.

Manips, filks and graphs
Theories and laughs
That's why we are what we are!

MWAH!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:38 pm UTC

Lokiparts wrote:Loki is for the Norse god of Mischeif it is what we named our small car club about 12 years ago... Partially because we are almost always up to something and partially because it is a heterograph of "low key" which is what most of our cars tend to be. And "Parts" because I am generally the go to guy for knowledge and research concerning autuomtive parts out of our group. Also I spend an unusually large amount of time in junkyards for fun.

Hmmm. If you don't already follow it, you might want to read through the archive of http://www.misfile.com/.
Enjoy.
-- Charlie Grumbles

neopifex

Postby neopifex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:39 pm UTC

Lokiparts wrote:
Spoiler:
neopifex wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

I laughed entirely too loud when I read "rock cod"

Well done!

Thanks! Someday I'll do something more with it besides using it in forums and on Twitter. Maybe I'll put it on a shirt or something.

yappobiscuits

Re: Wow. Wow wow wow.

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:And then I visit the OTT and one of the first things I see is yappo's game board. I am..I don't know what to say. Flippin' brilliant. (BTW, yappo, I was driving along Cannery Row yesterday and saw a 6-foot tall stuffed sea otter in one of the stores. I wanted to take a picture for you, but didn't have a chance to go back.)

:mrgreen: Neat! And thanks, and welcome back! Nice minifilk too.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:42 pm UTC

PredictiONG for the final frame...

(Yes, they re-built the top layer of the castle.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

hunjoh wrote:
Valarya wrote:Behind again, so blindposting.
Spoiler:

Squirpy
Raft
Dildunnerang
Beanie
Flag
Trebuchet
Castle
Bucket

Monomolpy pieces - The map!

Image That gave me a very loud throaty chuckle. The MAAAAAP!

neopifex wrote:
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:For my 800th post I'll speculate a bit.

The current blackout frame and others recently seem atypical. They have been jumps forward in Time, of course, but GLR hasn't done that previously. I'll take it as evidence that he prepared this all in advance, but that, as his deadline for release came up he realized that he had to shorten it a bit. Hence the jumps.

Had he taken us through the walk up to the camp and (apparently) the current prep, we'd have waited and commented like usual. Something is afoot. The ong is due NOW.

I think he's doing this to retain a sense of urgency. If he showed us every frame of them doing all this work in the same way he showed us Cuegan hiking for days, it'd take a week to get to where they are now. These blackout jump-cuts help keep the tension high.

This is exactly how I felt about it, neopifex. To me, the GLR wouldn't cheapen this entire experience after 3,000+ newpix by hastening the story along in such a manner. It's purely just keeping up the tension. I don't know about you guys but each newpic I'm on the edge of my seat saying "HURRY UP!"
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

Something is being built behind the ark, and maybe loaded with gear. The ark itself is rising on the "tide." Yes, it does seem to have flotation bags underneath, though the "floor" is uneven.

Maybe that explains the blackout frame. Otherwise I don't see that Time needed to advance too much.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Random832

Postby Random832 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:44 pm UTC

A preview of a project I'm working on: Here is a word cloud of the first 100 pages of the OTT:
Spoiler:
wordcloud1.png

Anyone have any ideas of analysis to do? I'm doing word frequencies and post counts, so far.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:44 pm UTC

mscha wrote:PredictiONG for the final frame...
Spoiler:

(Yes, they re-built the top layer of the castle.)

Aww, 4! That would actually be a lovely way to end it.

And nice touch with Megball holding hands Image
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mindonner

Postby mindonner » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:44 pm UTC

No idea what kind of rock the shelf-up-towards-France is made of. Could the river have worn it down enough so that the slope is less steep in the time since the Med dried up?

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:45 pm UTC

Tatiana wrote:Lucky absolutely needs to be one of the pieces of the game! I would suggest that we can have as many pieces as we like in our game, so long as one of them is Lucky.

Unthwap!!!

Again I find myself completely in agreement with Tatiana on this one...

neopifex

Postby neopifex » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:48 pm UTC

Random832 wrote:A preview of a project I'm working on: Here is a word cloud of the first 100 pages of the OTT:
Spoiler:
[spoiler]
wordcloud1.png

Anyone have any ideas of analysis to do? I'm doing word frequencies and post counts, so far.

I don't have any suggestions, I just wanted to say that's pretty cool. I look forward to seeing what else you produce. :D

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:49 pm UTC

@Random832. Nice wordcloud. How about one for the OTC itself. Neat.

@mindonner. Yes the river might have worn things down, but likely that would produce a canyon, not a nice slope to deal with.
-- Charlie Grumbles

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:49 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Newcomers. Tell us about your handles. The regulars have mostly done so in the past. Mine is just an alter ego, without relationship to my TrueName. And since I'm grumbly, after you do so, get off my porch. :twisted:

Merely an interwebs identity that I've had for a long time. Oh, and I used to be a Captain, but now, clearly, I'm a Major. :wink:
Did that explain it?

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”