1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

NetWeasel

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby NetWeasel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:23 am UTC

melmel wrote:Am I the only one who suddenly felt like this is reminiscent of Washington crossing the Delaware?

Oh, that HAD to be on porpoise... um, papoose? Purpose! that's it! purpose!

EDIT: Pope time! OK, then, speculations on what the next problem is going to be....
Or not.
Last edited by NetWeasel on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:That is one neat raft!

Soundtrack thoughts - this whole raft rescue sequence seems to be the major uplifting triumphant moment in the story, so needs appropriate music. Here's an older piece of mine that's along the lines I'm thinking.

I like! :mrgreen: It has a somewhat understated epic quality to it that suits the triumphant moment of the current frame, without completely disregarding the danger they are still in.

Off topic, I have an unusual question: any UK OTTers who drink Builders?
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 am UTC

NetWeasel wrote:
melmel wrote:Am I the only one who suddenly felt like this is reminiscent of Washington crossing the Delaware?

Oh, that HAD to be on purpose...

Washington is going right to left. THey're crossing back.
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:27 am UTC

NetWeasel wrote:

Wow. Yeah. Actually, I'd really love a full-size print of this frame - it's really representative of the action which has just taken place and the mood of this section overall, and nicely laid out as well.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:29 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
jovialbard wrote:Since a couple people suggested it, I added a FAQ and Tips section to the top of the wiki. It's just to kick things off, so feel free to make it better (but not so big that people don't read it). Also, either popes or welcoming committees should seriously consider linking to the wiki so that newcomers get a sense of what the OTT is all about!

I don't know, do we really need that? I thought the wiki already was a Frequently Asked Questions resource - if we make a new list on the front page it might quickly become seaish and render the important articles list redundant.

Perhaps make a brand-new Frequently Asked Questions page, with a prominent link on the front page of the wiki?

I think that's a better idea. Also having "Yes, we saw the javascript." on top of the page like that seems slightly unwelcoming, kinda has a "Sigh, newbies..." feel to it...

btw (ketchuping a bit), I agree with you, I just wanted to get the ball rolling and it looks like it worked because there's a nice FAQ link at the top now! And yeah, it could become seaish, so we just have to make sure that only the top 10 repeated questions or so are on there. I certainly don't want to be unwelcoming and it's not about creating a static culture that people have to "get" before they are allowed to post, forget that, embrace the change, it's just about the question answering and I can see it wearing on people's patience when they have to answer the same question for the 3rd or 5th time, so if a wiki can do the job by putting the most immediate info and questions up front then all the better :)
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Arky

Postby Arky » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:31 am UTC

Ever since attending the PAX Australia closing ceremony I have had this song in my head, and what better way to exorcise it than another OTTification?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Spoiler:
We're leaving together,
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back to the shore, who can tell ?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?

It's the final countdown
The final countdown

We're heading for Beantown and still we stand tall
Cause maybe they forgive us and welcome us all, yeah
With so many rivers to go and things to be found (to be found)
I'm sure that we won't miss the hills

It's the final countdown
The final countdown
The final countdown
(The final countdown)
Ohh ho ohh

The final countdown, oh ho
It's the final countdown
The final countdown
The final countdown
(The final countdown)

Ohh
It's the final countdown
We're leaving together
The final countdown
We'll all miss this shore
It's the final countdown
(The final countdown)
Ohh, it's the final countdown
Yea

(The Final Countdown, Europe)
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:33 am UTC

I meant to reply to this earlier but forgot:
Latent22 wrote:Just some things I've been thinking about the technical stuff for implementing the OTVO project the way Yappo wanted it:

Spoiler:
One Idea I came up with was to render the whole thing as a video and then put it on a website using html5 with play pause buttons. As well as that while rendering the movie I get it to output a list of frame timing data showing when each newpix is in the movie. This data is then converted into a javascript array and stored in a javascript file on the web server. Then you can use seek to time commands (assuming they exist in html5 video!) so that you can have a next frame previous frame buttons that look up the javascript array and do a seek. Also you can have a javascript timer event that reads the current posistion of the video and does a lookup in the array to find what newpix it is on and updates the counter on screen. Can have an option to type in a frame number into a box and it will seek to that point. Then you just push play from the point you have and get a video with OTVO audio of the scene you wanted. with play, pause, next, prev and goto you sort of have a similar experience to geekwagon. you can also use the movie seek slider on the video itself. The only problem is that when you pause the music that is built into the movie will stop playing which is not what Yappo wanted! One way to maybe solve this is have a set of looping music files set up to play during pause mode. Then you set each music file to be linked to a set of frame numbers so that maybe the first 100 frames of beach scene has one music file that plays in a loop if you pause during thoes frames and then another one for the next set of frames etc. So If you pause during lucky's attach you will be listening to some dramatic music but if you pause it at a slower time in the OTC you will get softer background music. Note the save time the same music used in the video for a set of frames could be reused as a looping background track. The only downside to this method is that every time you play or pause the music will "jump".

Anyway just an Idea.

That's a bit further from what I intended, but I have been thinking about it and I don't think I'll do the whole dynamic music thing. At least, not as complex as multiple layers and stuff. That was way too ambitious and I didn't really think we'd pull that off anyway, and it'd definitely be too hard for me. I think instead I'll just go for looping pieces of music for certain sections of the OTC which transition between each other on command. Plus the special bits of music for special moments. Since it's not a totally interactive video game and you're only scrolling forward and back linearly, only certain pieces would have to transition to certain other pieces, so it shouldn't be too hard. As for when someone skips to somewhere totally different, the old music would just fade out and the new fade in. I doubt that'd be too hard for one of our scripty-type people (there seem to be many :P)

ETA @Arky: Haha, The Final Countdown DOES fit well :mrgreen:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:36 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:That is one neat raft!

Soundtrack thoughts - this whole raft rescue sequence seems to be the major uplifting triumphant moment in the story, so needs appropriate music. Here's an older piece of mine that's along the lines I'm thinking.

Wow! That is really neat!

pelrigg wrote:The ONG here

ETA
schizo-blitzing: just saw the MONOMOLPY board. Cool job yappo. Will there be a vote on the pieces?

Do they have two rafts now? It looks like the bit in the back wasn't part of Cuegan's original structure.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:44 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I meant to reply to this earlier but forgot:
That's a bit further from what I intended, but I have been thinking about it and I don't think I'll do the whole dynamic music thing. At least, not as complex as multiple layers and stuff. That was way too ambitious and I didn't really think we'd pull that off anyway, and it'd definitely be too hard for me. I think instead I'll just go for looping pieces of music for certain sections of the OTC which transition between each other on command. Plus the special bits of music for special moments. Since it's not a totally interactive video game and you're only scrolling forward and back linearly, only certain pieces would have to transition to certain other pieces, so it shouldn't be too hard. As for when someone skips to somewhere totally different, the old music would just fade out and the new fade in. I doubt that'd be too hard for one of our scripty-type people (there seem to be many :P)

Yeah I was just brain storming about possible ways to get this OTVO thing onto a website. I'm just not skilled enough at web programing and HTML5 etc myself to pull it off. Combining the audio and frames into a video is real easy but making a complex website is not so easy. Right now I'm just trying to work out how to host the audio files I've put together so for for the OTVO project. Currently have them in a dropbox shared folder SOUND. But not sure if dropbox is the best way to host such things! It's great for simple multiperson editing but not the best way to host the files for external linking. May still be usable just for the collaboration process and then the files uploaded to a web server somewhere for access. Maybe I need to ask mscha if he has any good ideas.

Also thinking we should use http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Dialogue_from_the_Comic for helping us script the OTVO. We may be able to add another column with a link to each frames audio as we go so we can see quickly which frames have been done and which still need doing.

You and Val may have to go though this dialog list and record the lines you can. But that takes time which we often have little of when we are busy.

One other note about recording voices for the OTVO. I noticed a big variation in the background environmental noise in the recordings. We need to make sure we minimize the reverb you get from being in a small room. Most of the OTC is set outside where there is very little environmental reverb. We don't all have foam padded recording studios to use though so best to try and not record in a small room which makes it worse. Big open rooms with furnishings and closed curtains may be the best we can hope for. Outside is ideal but it's too windy often and you get to much outside noise from cars or birds etc. We can add a little reverb back in for the few inside scenes but we can't take it out easily!
Last edited by Latent22 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:54 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

NetWeasel

Postby NetWeasel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:47 am UTC

CasCat wrote:
NetWeasel wrote:
Washington is going right to left. They're crossing back.

I think you're referring to the lesser known work, Washington Retreating From the Hessians...
Remember waiting a half hour for one darkening pixel? Pepperidge Farms remembers...
Note To Blitzers:It is advisable NOT to go past page 1130 until you've seen up to frame 2900 (Geekwagon Numbering). A lot is happening, and really, you do not want to skip ahead at that point.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:47 am UTC

There was mention that the sand on top would make the raft top-heavy. It looks like most of the sand has been removed.
Spoiler:
Frame 3033 Image
Frame 3047Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

saralonde

Postby saralonde » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 am UTC

Eliram wrote:IMO Hairdo/Rosetta's voice could/should be layered with multiple channels, as is the visual representation of the text. The main channel should be the loudest one, back channels can include the grey words, static noise (which gets louder in the black spots) and/or a reversed version of the recording with lower volume.

Newb suggestion, but what if Rosetta was voiced by one of the non-English speakers? Might lend an air of authenticity, as well as give those members a chance they wouldn't otherwise be likely to have?

hunjoh

Postby hunjoh » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 am UTC

Kind of reminds me of this without the livestock...

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 am UTC

Tree followONG

ETA: since when were there trees that far down into the basin?
Last edited by taixzo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

neopifex

Postby neopifex » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 am UTC

Still rowONG
Spoiler:

Ninja'd!
C'mon, let's see what's through here!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:09 am UTC

Only just realised I have this picture posted up right next to me...
Spoiler:

Kinda familiar, huh! IT'S ALL RELATED

Redundant (no kitty)

Spoiler:
HA! This time it was a double bluff and there ACTUALLY IS NO KITTY! I am so cruel to you all...
DSC00208.JPG

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:10 am UTC

taixzo wrote:Tree followONG
Spoiler:

ETA: since when were there trees that far down into the basin?

I think the trees are flotsam from the rising tide, washed in from other areas (not necessarily from their basin).

hunjoh

Postby hunjoh » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:13 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I think the trees are flotsam from the rising tide, washed in from other areas (not necessarily from their basin).

Perhaps scoured from the forests below the Straight of Gibraltar, or the materials the Beanies used to try to shore up the dam......

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:18 am UTC

NetWeasel wrote:EDIT: Pope time! OK, then, speculations on what the next problem is going to be....

Well, first, they have to find the rest of the clan. Then, assuming they are on a soon-to-be island they have to find a way to get them onboard.
--> They may find "most" of the clan, but "Where's grandma? We can't leave without little Maggie!"
--> The sea will be getting frisky. They risk breaking the raft while boarding people.
--> Is there time to build another raft? (Maybe they already did that; they have more raw materials in the hills)

As the waves get higher, someone will fall overboard. This will require heroics. In real life, falling overboard is extremely bad. In the KonTiki, it was impossible to rescue somebody - the raft is blown faster than anyone can swim.

The waves will become so high they threaten to break the raft in two. Perhaps it does, and the pieces still survive. Little Maggie drowns in that accident.

The Big Surge will come, with a wall of water too big to imagine. Will they be at sea? Or will they have landed on a steep, climbable shore? Or will this push them a hundred miles towards shore, where they crash against the rocks, but are lucky enough to scramble up the hill.

The wind will come. This much water does not come without wind and driving rain. Some may be blown off the cliff. Anybody can die. Some will.

They will make a triumphant entry into Beantown, and the Cuegan will be hailed as heroes. I was thinking that perhaps Megan will die, but no, she has to be alive so she can return the map to Rosetta. Cuegan has to be alive to witness this. So, I think despite its dramatic impact, the Cuegan will survive.

La Petite? Not so sure. I think she perishes, and lives on in legend.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 am UTC

This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this:
Spoiler:
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

neopifex

Postby neopifex » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:28 am UTC

Washington Cuegan Crossing the Delaware Sea

I would have included La Petite if there was a big enough reference image. :?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:33 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Only just realised I have this picture posted up right next to me...
Spoiler:

Kinda familiar, huh! IT'S ALL RELATED

Redundant (no kitty)

Spoiler:
HA! This time it was a double bluff and there ACTUALLY IS NO KITTY! I am so cruel to you all...
DSC00208.JPG

Now that you mention it The Sandcastle Raft DOES look like KonTiki. (And then ucim mentions The KonTiki a few posts later. He didn't say he saw it, but there was enough time in between. Not that it matters.) (And speaking of The KonToki, there's a new movie about that expedition either coming out, or maybe already out. Anyway I just heard about it within the last monthH. I do want to see it, and it won't matter to me if it's on the silver screen or my TV screen.)

Well, my first attempt at schizo-blitzing is over. Finally. And guess what I need to coma.

May the raft hold against all odds.
Molpy down.
Wait quickly.
Coma Out.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ahecht

Postby ahecht » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:45 am UTC

The Kon Tiki movie was nominated in this year's academy awards, so I assume it's been out a while.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:49 am UTC

Really neat manip, neopifex! :mrgreen:

And with that, molpy down...

jeffallen55

Blindpost from NP1225

Postby jeffallen55 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:54 am UTC

Blindpost from NP1225:

I'm never going to finish all of this ketchup. Just wanted to express a couple thoughts on the OTVO. For some reason, when I first started thinking of Rosetta's voice wayyy back when she first appeared, I had an image of someone speaking through wax paper. But I think the best way to do it, to make it sound broken and distorted, would be to take a page from Twin Peaks and have her speak backwards (cf. the Dwarf in the famous Cooper's Dream sequence seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjeRCsoufII). I'm going to play around with an example if I ever make it back to the present.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 am UTC

BLINDPOSTING {from 1228 of 1230}!

Bunches of post-replies that I have saved via the fabulous (how is it that the OTC has not offered that term for our dictionary yet???) Quote Script that ... erm ... someone awesome provided many many NP's ago! (shoot, sorry, don't even recall where I got it -- but thankyou!!)

But -- gotta molpy down

PS - will be outta town Thurs thru Tues. Will most certainly check in to see how it's all progressing with Megball though!!

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 am UTC

ZoomONG out again!

Fictioneer

Postby Fictioneer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:02 am UTC

Debris-ONG

Spoiler:

Drat, ninja'd. I new I'd never get an ONG in time.
Last edited by Fictioneer on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

LoneMarauder

Postby LoneMarauder » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:03 am UTC

OK, so I found an instrumental version of "Still Alive". And I realized that the song is a lot higher than I remember :)

I mean I can sing tenor and hit all the notes but since I mainly sing Southern Gospel and Barbershop Chorus (well, I use-ta) it sounds a little... "off". If I go an octave (or 2) lower it's a bit too low for my range. Story of my life :)

So, maybe I can futz around in Audacity and change the pitch without stepping on the audio quality too much.

I like challenges :)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:05 am UTC

Aw chirp, a zoom out just as I'm going to molpy down... probably means something 4 is coming, but I'm too tired an ottermolpy to stay up and see...

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:09 am UTC

Davidy wrote:Image

This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this:
Spoiler:

This is the second thing that came to mind:
Spoiler:
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:20 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Aw chirp, a zoom out just as I'm going to molpy down... probably means something 4 is coming, but I'm too tired an ottermolpy to stay up and see...

I share that sentiment. I shall find out what happens in the mornix. Molpy down!
Spoiler:

Mikeski

Postby Mikeski » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:26 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:There was mention that the sand on top would make the raft top-heavy. It looks like most of the sand has been removed.

But replaced with children, who are about 1/2-1/3 the density of sand*. So I think the raft is wide enough and bottom-heavy enough that the sand wouldn't matter for that. Just no sense carrying extra weight.

* - I didn't look that up, it's an old D&D approximation. The guy who lost the staring contest with Medusa now weighs 3x as much, and loose sand is lighter than solid rock.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:36 am UTC

higgs-boson wrote:The Great Hall is astonishingly empty. No chairs, no pews. No pictures. No machinesyes.
yesSee here: http://cdn.fotocommunity.com/photos/6226748.jpg

{P1112}
That's a splendid photograph. Whoever took it, we'll done.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

fatness

Postby fatness » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:56 am UTC

I'm not saying that the battle is won
But on Saturday night all those kids in the sun
Wrested technology's sword from the hand of the war lords
Oh, oh, oh, the tide is turning

Spoiler:

neopifex

Postby neopifex » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:00 am UTC

Not goONG well

ETA: molpy down
Spoiler:
my kitty, Serendipity, when she was but a wee furball.
Last edited by neopifex on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:05 am UTC

jovialbard wrote:
Spoiler:
MajorDouble7 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
buffygirl wrote:
mscha wrote:<snip>frakhorsestaplers, thanks for the Lost answers link. I'll have a better look later, but it looks promising. (At least it tries to deal with my biggest frustration, that Lost and its inhabitants never even attempted to address the paradox of [SPOILER!!].)

ARGH!!! "LOST" SPOILER!
Yes, I one of the five people in the world who has only just started watching Lost (via Netflix)...<snippety>

I'm one as well. Wonder who the other three are?

I almost wanted to say that I was one of the three, but I haven't "only just started watching." I'm more of a "non-watcher" of that particular series. Much prefer old Quantum Leap episodes and The Walking Dead with a hint of Downton Abbey. :D

A modern day Romeo and Juliet get caught up in a mysterious experiment that sends them hurtling through time, not in their own bodies but into the bodies of ordinary people across time. But they are not alone! The shadowy agency responsible for the experiment has sent along stalker agents with them. No matter where they are in time they are caught in a game of intrigue, desperate to find each other among the throngs of contemporaries that surround them so that they can share but a few sweet moments together before being whisked away to a new time and body. But behind every new face could be the person they love desperately or an agent whose only goal is to wipe their very existence from time itself!

That's the best I could do combining Quantum Leap, Walking Dead, and a hint of Downton Abbey... hmm maybe I could replace the agents with a time plague that turns people into mindless time zombies, but then it wouldn't have the intrigue feel that gives it that slight Downton Abbey edge... and even the intrigue is probably a little too high adventure for the true Downton feel, hmm... may need some work...

Brilliant! I'd commend you more thoroughly, but I'm mini-ketchuping before coma via mobile...a difficult task to say the least! Mayhaps I'll be able to better respond tomornip :)
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:09 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Well, fellow OTTers, I must away. I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding this wip-end, and there is much to do betwixt now and then. (Plus, I doubt I will have internet access for a few xip.) I'll check in when I can, but for the most part, I won't be able to. So hold down the thread for me; I'll be back again next Mondip! :)

{P1113}
Good luck catching the bouquet.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Bwarps! And the odd tootle and b'ding :P

{P1113}
Put a donk on it.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:18 am UTC

ofvn2vw1872 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
fhorn wrote:Now I've got myself thinking about a soundtrack to the OTT. I'm not a pagepope but - what would the soundtrack sound like? What pieces/songs for which frames?

Well, when the project is done, original music written by me :P

I have been thinking about it, I think mainly ambient background stuff apart from certain special moments where things get more exciting. Stylistically, a mix of ambient electronic with some orchestral elements. Maybe some post-rock touches too.

I would tend to agree. I'm inclined towards more symphonic scores for films, being more familiar with the style and workings of an orchestra, but in this case, I think something more ambient fits better. I think perhaps the most difficult part would be the first few frames. But the rest all has pretty good character to work off of. Especially the long night, which gives the time for a nice mood setting piece. My mind is drawn to the 4th movement of Mahler's 3rd Symphony.

{P1113}
Mahler would work for me. Whip it out Yappobiscuits.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”