1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BytEfLUSh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:06 am UTC

Anyway, I asked a question some NPs back and I didn't see an answer (sorry if I missed it, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't answered).

Judging from your replies at the end of time, there seems to be some Alt/Title/Hover/Hint-Text between "..." and "The end." if I understood the (not surprisingly, totally chaotic) thread at the Time. So, what was it? Or did I totally misunderstand that?

ETA: There is no Time for a page pope :(
Last edited by BytEfLUSh on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

Selcouth

Postby Selcouth » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:08 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:Anyway, I asked a question some NPs back and I didn't see an answer (sorry if I missed it, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't answered).

Judging from your replies at the end of time, there seems to be some Alt/Title/Hover/Hint-Text between "..." and "The end." if I understood the (not surprisingly, totally chaotic) thread at the Time. So, what was it? Or did I totally misunderstand that?

It was "RUN."
"But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans... I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive."

-Randall Munroe

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:08 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:Anyway, I asked a question some NPs back and I didn't see an answer (sorry if I missed it, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't answered).

Well, if you refer to the first time "..." appeared, the interim alt-text was "RUN."
Otherwise, there was no interim alt-text between "..." and "The end." It changed from "..." to "The end." shortly after the "THE END" frame appeared.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:08 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
mscha wrote:No real ONG. Image
Not even an old one, this time, still the same hash as a newpix an hour ago.

Then I think it's fetching a random ONG from a set now.

We'll know in a few newp hours (I keep forgetting).
Coma time for me. BlitzGirl, make sure nobody escapes from the OTT!
Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow and it'll all turn out to be a bad dream...

Molpy down.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:09 am UTC

Some people just didn't catch on to the change in the alt-text when it first appeared. The thread was really sprinting then.

HAL9000 wrote:
mscha wrote:No real ONG. Image
Not even an old one, this time, still the same hash as a newpix an hour ago.

Then I think it's fetching a random ONG from a set now.

You're probably right.

For decree:
Spoiler:

I'll keep my meowlpy army near by to make sure we don't get escapees...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:10 am UTC

Hmm, haven't posted a molpy army yet. Have an army of waterottermolpies!
Spoiler:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Arky

Postby Arky » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:10 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:I may use heretical words, but it's out of my control right now...

Well... This has been a wonderful journey. From the first pic when we thought GLR is taking the day off, the realization that the image is changing, the "I think they're building a sandcastle", the "Randall's pregnant" [sic] (and similar thoughts), "hey, JavaScript!" and many other fun moments. I never thought it would turn out to become THE most amazing xkcd ever totaling more than 50 thousand replies on its thread. So, it has come to this...

There are no words... It may have been "only" four heretical months, but the feeling you get when you see your clock change from (n):59 to (n+1):00 (or maybe (n-23):00) is amazing. I don't like ketchuping from phone (since it usually means I'm somewhere outside with my friends), but when I check the time and see it's just past ONG - I just think to myself: "Can't wait to get home to see what's going on right now"... I've been through a lot of stuff during the OTC (I posted about some, but not the most) and I had only one constant to rely on - "The ONG". Well, dear ONG, you served me well. This is by no means "5. Acceptance". I do not accept the end of Time. I just thought that this might be a good Time to share my view about this... piece of art.

I'd also like to thank all the OTTers for each and every post you made here. Every opinion, every insight, every OTTification, every Kittenmolpy, every time you ignored my drunken ramblings (special thanks for that! :)) and every post you made.

This is far from good-bye. I just feel that it's the right time to acknowledge all of you.
Also, I drank "a few" beers, but that doesn't matter.

Bravo! That sums up my feelings too (except for not ketching up from the phone, I did that very very frequently!)
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:10 am UTC

Valarya wrote:Pelrigg... you just gave me an idea. I think it has been brought up on in the OTT before but, now that Time has ended, it might be the perfect time. What if every single person in here submitted the same 'What-If' question to Randall? The one I'm remembering being suggested last time was along the lines of:

"What If you spent 4 months updating a story only one frame per hour? What are the consequences? (or benefits or.. anything)" -- something that relates to /1190.

For Decree:
Spoiler:

capnbuckle wrote:<snip>
And if we were going to do a mass spamming to GLR, might I suggest a much simpler message.

"From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for making Time for us. It has meant a lot to us and will stay with us for years to come."

I can see where both of you are coming from.
I went to the "What If" and saw the "Submit a Question" button for Valarya's suggestion, but do we use that button for capnbuckle's suggestion or is there another address we can use?

-------

And on the ONG front: sadly the site seems stuck on f11bda3df4fc05d4a1ddd511fcd1f22f5a525ef0c7377503470afca79b0f9bcb (M3092 / 3095), so is that it?

But, great manip mscha...............
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:11 am UTC

Only 3 dips til the next OtherComic and possibly new things to discuss.

Definitely feeling Stage 4 right about now.

ETA:
Decree:
Cheer Val up. Or record some audio for any of the OTC side-characters for the OTVO!
Last edited by Valarya on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:13 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
mscha wrote:For the mome:
ImageImage

! 1ish emote, mscha! Where was that during all the molpy molpy molpy molpy....

Um, right there? Image
(Actually, it was a bit later. I made the beanied molpies and the surveytowered grapevines back when we were in Beanieland.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Ah ok, I know about the "RUN." and the JavaScript. :) (wow, first time in a while I used a happy smiley face)
I follow the OTC only by the OTT. So, when "THE END" frame came along, many people have said that the Alt////-text has changed, but I don't recall anyone mention what was the alt-text. Only at the next newpix there was a massive influx of "Alt-text is "The end." now!!". I thought I may have missed something.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:12 am UTC

capnbuckle wrote:Forgive the non-blitzer...but was there ever an OTTification of "The Call", by Regina Spektor. Maybe 75% of the lyrics require no modification at all.

And yet, I hesitate to suggest it. I can barely fight back the tears listening to that song just the way it is...

(No, it doesn't resonate with some life experience from my past or anything...at least not anything of which I'm aware. It's just...one of those songs for me, I guess.)

One of those songs for me is "Fields of Gold". Does anyone want to try an OTTification of that one? I...haven't the heart.

Valarya wrote:
capnbuckle wrote:And if we were going to do a mass spamming to GLR, might I suggest a much simpler message.

"From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for making Time for us. It has meant a lot to us and will stay with us for years to come."

This is lovely. I'd love to do this.... imagine if he woke up tomorrow and received an inbox of hundreds of this message.

For decree:
Spoiler:

And I totally understood that as hundreds of messages containing that owl gif, which made me laugh out loud.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Goggalor

Postby Goggalor » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:13 am UTC

It ended..?
I haven't posted lately because it was all moving so quickly I was waiting for it to slow back down, but now it's over and it's kind of hard to grasp.
I know I wasn't the most regular or dedicated or prolific of posters here, but I'm going to miss y'all. I'll keep checking here and the wiki for any kind of post-OTC groups.

Coming home to this really hasn't helped the chirpy mood I've been in :|

It sure was a lot of fun though.

EDIT: I have a facebook and tumblr (and that's it as far as I'm aware), so shoot me a message if you want to know.
Last edited by Goggalor on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper Of The Bags, Protector Of Puns
A Timewaiter from the very beginning to the bitter end.1
1but not from beginning to end to beginning since I'm not a loopist

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:13 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:
Valarya wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:Already clicked. I very much dig the Blade Runner header ;)

Awesome that you get the reference! :D

Are you suggesting that there are actually people who DON'T get the reference? :shock:

Often. Especially younger people. It happens to be one of my all-time fav movies ever.

Yeah, I know. I just try not to think about that. Makes me feel old-ish or something. But I agree! I think it is in my top 3. Maybe top 2. It's great Noir and great Sci-Fi, and that is a combination that is near impossible to find! I even have the umbrella :oops: :D
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:14 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Spoiler:

And I thought the whole Time I was the only dragonrobotraptor here…

Anyway, as people are listing their Facebook profiles, mine's pretty obvious. (I don't think I have public content there.)
@BlitzGirl: did you get a Tumblr yet (this should be ‘already’, shouldn't it)? Moar drawingz, pls.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 am UTC

Arky wrote:
Spoiler:
BytEfLUSh wrote:I may use heretical words, but it's out of my control right now...

Well... This has been a wonderful journey. From the first pic when we thought GLR is taking the day off, the realization that the image is changing, the "I think they're building a sandcastle", the "Randall's pregnant" [sic] (and similar thoughts), "hey, JavaScript!" and many other fun moments. I never thought it would turn out to become THE most amazing xkcd ever totaling more than 50 thousand replies on its thread. So, it has come to this...

There are no words... It may have been "only" four heretical months, but the feeling you get when you see your clock change from (n):59 to (n+1):00 (or maybe (n-23):00) is amazing. I don't like ketchuping from phone (since it usually means I'm somewhere outside with my friends), but when I check the time and see it's just past ONG - I just think to myself: "Can't wait to get home to see what's going on right now"... I've been through a lot of stuff during the OTC (I posted about some, but not the most) and I had only one constant to rely on - "The ONG". Well, dear ONG, you served me well. This is by no means "5. Acceptance". I do not accept the end of Time. I just thought that this might be a good Time to share my view about this... piece of art.

I'd also like to thank all the OTTers for each and every post you made here. Every opinion, every insight, every OTTification, every Kittenmolpy, every time you ignored my drunken ramblings (special thanks for that! :)) and every post you made.

This is far from good-bye. I just feel that it's the right time to acknowledge all of you.

Bravo! That sums up my feelings too (except for not ketching up from the phone, I did that very very frequently!)

Thank you! I'm glad someone shares my feelings about this. I did ketching up from the phone only when I was too lazy to get out of bed...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 am UTC

No Tumblr yet, still meaning to do that. :)
Goggalor wrote:It ended..?
I haven't posted lately because it was all moving so quickly I was waiting for it to slow back down, but now it's over and it's kind of hard to grasp.
I know I wasn't the most regular or dedicated or prolific of posters here, but I'm going to miss y'all. I'll keep checking here and the wiki for any kind of post-OTC groups.

Coming home to this really hasn't helped the chirpy mood I've been in :|

It sure was a lot of fun though.

*hugs Goggalor* Don't worry, we're still around!

Have a wolpy army:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:17 am UTC

*Kat* wrote:...or that the place where they landed would be given a name that we all knew.

Try Corsica.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:18 am UTC

So... What do we do now? How about we decode that Beanish?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:19 am UTC

Hey gang, while trying to figure out how to get a message to Randall, I noticed that the hash changed to 18221034234d28af3ee888d6de232e80341848145dbe2cdb19d594df914508d2, which, sadly is not new but M3093. So maybe the end loop is correct (vs. the random loop.)

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:
capnbuckle wrote:And if we were going to do a mass spamming to GLR, might I suggest a much simpler message.

This is lovely. I'd love to do this.... imagine if he woke up tomorrow and received an inbox of hundreds of this message.

For decree:

And I totally understood that as hundreds of messages containing that owl gif, which made me laugh out loud.

Image You followed my decree to cheer me up without even knowing it. That... just made me laugh so hard. Thanks <3

The GLR would probably think we'd gone even more bat-shit than we already are. :wink:

@Goggalor: Welcome back. We know you. *hugs*
Last edited by Valarya on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:22 am UTC

Pikrass wrote:CasCat and Lawsome, you want to fix your images, they're using time.png. :wink:

Whoops. Thanks. Fixed.
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

CasCat

Postby CasCat » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:24 am UTC

Shiv_L wrote:You guys! I've been lurking here since the beginning of time, I can't believe this is the end... :cry:

Throwing firstpost forward....
BlitzGirl the Fast the First

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:25 am UTC

Wow, my mome-ishness was pushed down by 8 posts! :shock: Seems like there might be a lot of first, second and even third posts back there that just got through moderation.

eta: 8 - only 8 posts. not 89. :oops:
Last edited by Valarya on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:25 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:
Arky wrote:
Spoiler:

Thank you! I'm glad someone shares my feelings about this. I did ketching up from the phone only when I was too lazy to get out of bed...

I'd like to add my compliments to you about this post. It's going to be very strange not rushing to ketchup on the OTT and then the OTC after I wake on the weekends or after I get home from work. (Still have 20+ pages I skipped because of the excitement.)

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:26 am UTC

Just one more song for you all before I go off to bed. I'll make the alt lyrics tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldEM3h93Mfg
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:28 am UTC

As I was reading all the latest posts -- sniff, smiles, tears, admiration, music -- Eva Cassidy's version of "Who Knows Where the Time Goes" came up on my shuttling playlist. I know Exodies raised it back in April but it seems even more apt now. I have OTTified it a little, although it actually stands up reasonably well unmodified:

Who Knows Where the Time Goes (originally by Sandy Denny)

Across the evening sky all the birds are leaving
But how can they know it's time for them to go?
Beneath the moving stars, we will still be dreaming
We have all thought of Time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

Sad deserted shore, it ends and some are leaving
Ah, but none are sure it's time for them to go
But some will still be here, they have no thought of leaving
We do not count the time

And we are not alone while this thread is near us
We know it will be so; who knows when it's time to go
So come the flooding sea and molpies that might spring again
We have no fear of Time

For who knows how this thread grows?
And who knows where the time goes?

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:28 am UTC

Someone might want to edit wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xkcd
Comic number 1190 ("Time") began publication at midnight EDT on March 25, 2013, with the comic's image updating every 30 minutes until March 30, when they began to appear every hour. The images appear to constitute time lapse frames of a story. The mouseover text originally read "Wait for it.", and was changed to read "RUN." on July 19, 2013. The story began with a male and female character building a sandcastle complex on a beach. Tasha Robinson of The A.V. Club wrote of the comic: "[...] the kind of nifty experiment that keeps people coming back to XKCD, which at its best isn't a strip comic so much as an idea factory and a shared experience".[13] Cory Doctorow mentioned "Time" in a brief article on Boing Boing on April 7, saying the comic was "coming along nicely"..

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:29 am UTC

Valarya wrote:Wow, my mome-ishness was pushed down by 8 posts! :shock: Seems like there might be a lot of first, second and even third posts back there that just got through moderation.

eta: 8 - only 8 posts. not 89. :oops:

And shortly after I made a mention of the possibility of that happening. Hope they can all be found and tossed forward.

Selcouth

Postby Selcouth » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:30 am UTC

1) I really want to decode the Beanish.

2) As to getting a message to Randall - we could mass-submit to What-if and xkcd@xkcd.com, yeah. I think either one would be good. Perhaps, in order to try to get it published, we should ask a question about Time to the What-if, but also append thanks. And the question should be the same for everyone. Can we possibly agree on one?
"But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans... I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive."

-Randall Munroe

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:31 am UTC

Valarya wrote:eta: 8 - only 8 posts. not 89. :oops:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were 89.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:31 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:Just one more song for you all before I go off to bed. I'll make the alt lyrics tomorrow.

I love this soundtrack. And Randdamnit I'm crying again.

capnbuckle

Postby capnbuckle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:31 am UTC

Davidy wrote:
*Kat* wrote:...or that the place where they landed would be given a name that we all knew.

Try Corsica.

I agree...chances are good that the prevailing current would have taken them toward the northern side of Corsica...maybe even to Cap Corse, itself.

Marsh'n

Postby Marsh'n » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:33 am UTC

mscha wrote:Nobody's leaving until we've solved Beanish.

Actually, that sounds like a great deal of fun. I've had a long-term interest in historical and comparative linguistics. Plus I have a friend who may be one of the world's experts on writing systems. Wonder what she'd make of it.FULL STOPFULL STOP

Er, then again, ic be amid the folks who did-be reading the RECKONING-speak with barely an hitch. (Note I did not say barely an bitch, nor harely an bitch. Ic recall some hares and some bitches... er bitching...)

ETA:
Opiboble wrote:Brilliant! I will get some bananas!

I'll bring the Nutella! We can serve traditional Time Dutch Apple (monkey) pies!
Last edited by Marsh'n on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:41 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:35 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
BytEfLUSh wrote:
Arky wrote:
Spoiler:

I'd like to add my compliments to you about this post. It's going to be very strange not rushing to ketchup on the OTT and then the OTC after I wake on the weekends or after I get home from work. (Still have 20+ pages I skipped because of the excitement.)

Thank you. I quit my job just before the beginning of Time. Semi-unemployed, it was a great way for Time to pass... I don't think GLR has any idea (blasphemy, I know) what this may do to people. I don't think I'm feeling depressed, just very sad. Very very sad.
HAL9000 wrote:Just one more song for you all before I go off to bed. I'll make the alt lyrics tomorrow.

This is just the right song if you want your emotions running wild.

ETA:

Selcouth wrote:2) As to getting a message to Randall - we could mass-submit to What-if and xkcd@xkcd.com, yeah. I think either one would be good. Perhaps, in order to try to get it published, we should ask a question about Time to the What-if, but also append thanks. And the question should be the same for everyone. Can we possibly agree on one?

Ahead of you. Already sent an email to whatif@xkcd.com though it would be *sigh* neat *sigh* if everyone sent their own versions instead of coming up with a pattern.
Last edited by BytEfLUSh on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:40 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 am UTC

DrSamCarter wrote:I have OTTified it a little, although it actually stands up reasonably well unmodified:
Spoiler:
Who Knows Where the Time Goes (originally by Sandy Denny)

Across the evening sky all the birds are leaving
But how can they know it's time for them to go?
Beneath the moving stars, we will still be dreaming
We have all thought of Time

Sad deserted shore, it ends and some are leaving
Ah, but none are sure it's time for them to go
But some will still be here, they have no thought of leaving
We do not count the time

And we are not alone while this thread is near us
We know it will be so; who knows when it's time to go
So come the flooding sea and molpies that might spring again
We have no fear of Time

For who knows how this thread grows?
And who knows where the time goes?

*sniffles* And that was also beautiful. Still crying. Again.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 am UTC

Marsh'n wrote:Actually, that sounds like a great deal of fun. I've had a long-term interest in historical and comparative linguistics. Plus I have a friend who may be one of the world's experts on writing systems. Wonder what she'd make of it.FULL STOPFULL STOP

Er, then again, ic be amid the folks who did-be reading the RECKONING-speak with barely an hitch. (Note I did not say barely an bitch, nor harely an bitch. Ic recall some hares and some bitches... er bitching...)

Bravo - that's the finest example of Madness-speak I've seen in a thousand newpages! Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Onward!

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:43 am UTC

BytEfLUSh wrote:Ah ok, I know about the "RUN." and the JavaScript. :) (wow, first time in a while I used a happy smiley face)
I follow the OTC only by the OTT. So, when "THE END" frame came along, many people have said that the Alt////-text has changed, but I don't recall anyone mention what was the alt-text. Only at the next newpix there was a massive influx of "Alt-text is "The end." now!!". I thought I may have missed something.

Yep, I noticed that too.

Oh, and an army. Right.
CALLING ALL PENGUINS! This is not a drill! Repeat, this is not a drill!
Spoiler:

Pretend you're not in stage 2 and that's not Randall (too ambiguous) [you're not in stage 2, that's not Randall].
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:43 am UTC

Happy 2100, BlitzGirl!

It seems that as numbers get higher, there are fewer cakes left on Google Images. :(
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:47 am UTC

Happy 2100, BlitzGirl!
Hilarious Molpenguins, Aluisio!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”