1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

OSH #004

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:12 pm UTC

Welcome to the OTTer Scavenger Hunt in Time, hereby abbreviated as OSH... ...let's just stick with OSH.
OSH #003: Congratulations to Latent22, who was the first to correctly guess m2762 in about 1/15 of a nopix!

This is part of the Long Night.
Which newpix is it?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH004.png
OSH004.png (1.78 KiB) Viewed 15204 times

Keywords: BGOSH
redundant93.png
redundant93.png (126.89 KiB) Viewed 15204 times
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Latent22

Re: OSH #004

Postby Latent22 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Welcome to the OTTer Scavenger Hunt in Time, hereby abbreviated as OSH... ...let's just stick with OSH.
OSH #003: Congratulations to Latent22, who was the first to correctly guess m2762 in about 1/15 of a nopix!

This is part of the Long Night.
Which newpix is it?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH004.png

redundant93.png

2464!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

Didn't notice it either :oops: , but: Happy 700 posts, Valarya! Here, have a pic pix piece of cake:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

schwartzbewithyou

Postby schwartzbewithyou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:19 pm UTC

We should have the OSH happen instead of the ONG! Something to look forward to each hour and you can still get ninja'd if multiple people are trying to put up their puzzle right on the hour. Plus.. OSH lends itself to being a suffix for plenty of englOSH terms... (See what I did there? :roll: )
Dracomax wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone keeps acting like I know what I'm doing.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right/I hope you had the time of your life.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:20 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
HES wrote:PAPAL BONUS!
Spoiler:

I think the count is much higher than five.

"And as the Great Lord Randall reached back into the past, what mustard had been was mustard no more. And so, his OTTers shall do the same unto OTThers, lest they reside forever in the comfy chair"

Whizbang wrote:
Spoiler:

From http://xkcd.com/487/

This one really cracked me up
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

And this one is so cute!

ZoomanSP wrote:@HES, lmjb1964: I'm sorry that my hamply-in-a-bowl post made you sad. I was more thinking along the lines: Hey, the First Cleric had molpies for breakfast, but this little fellow was too smart and escaped. Please, let me apologize with this happy hamply having breakfast:
Spoiler:

Aww, it's okay. We Hamplies are smarter than we look...

BlitzGirl wrote:BGOSH

By gosh!
He/Him/His Image

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:20 pm UTC

Here is another OSH to hunt down!
Attachments
whatframe.png
whatframe.png (1.68 KiB) Viewed 15188 times

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:BGOSH

By gosh!

:lol: Also whenever she tags something with "BGUM" I can't help but read it in a Yorkshire accent as "Eee by gum!" :P
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

cryptoengineer wrote:Um - notice that all the Cueganites are very slim. They don't weigh much. :D

{P1221}
Don't forget they are not stick people. Grandell draws ordinary people as stick people.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Kazza3

Postby Kazza3 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

acunning40, yep, that's what I was seeing, and you explained much more clearly than I did. I can't check if it's still happening for me right now, I will later. And I was using Chrome.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

masseydvt wrote:First (and possibly only-ever) post.

My favorite way to watch Time is at the geekwagon.net site, at 8 frames per second with no pauses for special frames, while listening to the 7:06 album version of Guster's "Ruby Falls". It's a close enough match that I wonder if that was Randall's actual intention . . . and if it was, I'm claiming the discovery!

Hello! No need for this to be your only post, we're a nice bunch :wink:
I was going to ask you to post a link to the song, then realised you didn't have enough posts - so here's one.

ETA: Really good song! I'm going to have to investigate these guys...
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

schwartzbewithyou wrote:We should have the OSH happen instead of the ONG! Something to look forward to each hour and you can still get ninja'd if multiple people are trying to put up their puzzle right on the hour. Plus.. OSH lends itself to being a suffix for plenty of englOSH terms... (See what I did there? :roll: )

I like this idea, by gosh! :D By gum, I think it's treeosh! We can certainly try it out!

Oh, and OSH #004: Congratulations to Latent22, who was the first to correctly guess m2464 in about 1/20 of a nopix!
Now excuse me while I try to figure out just what the chirp that is in Latent22's OSH... :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

Here is more zoomed out version as another hint :)
Attachments
whatframezoom.png
whatframezoom.png (2.91 KiB) Viewed 15111 times

magma pixie

Re: 1190: "Thing that keeps slipping into the future"

Postby magma pixie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:03 pm UTC

jowo wrote:Not burn, smolloy. Steak, perhaps. More likely send you to the comfy chair and pelt you with M&Ms....

Okay, I've missed something. What is wrong with being in the comfy chair? (Other than, apparently, getting pelted with M&Ms.)

lmjb1964 wrote:And magma pixie, I see you're at five posts now. You can post pictures! If you want to.

As thanks for pointing that out, I give you:

Spoiler:
molpy.jpg
A molpy in my backyard! It was maybe ten feet from the house.
molpy.jpg (25.02 KiB) Viewed 15111 times

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

Latent22 wrote:Here is more zoomed out version as another hint :)

You sneaky molpy. It's from prickly0002.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

magma pixie wrote:Okay, I've missed something. What is wrong with being in the comfy chair? (Other than, apparently, getting pelted with M&Ms.)

Because we're not actually an evil cult, punishments for heresy are somewhat relaxed. Slightly out of date chocolate instead of stones, comfy chair instead of stocks, and so on.

Of course, what I've just written is pretty heretical so;

*sits in comfy chair with mouth open*

Oh, and what I actually came here to say was wiki ketchup - OTThercomics should be up to date. Funny I find myself maintaining a page despite once describing myself as "wikinept"...
Last edited by HES on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

wizpretz wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Here is more zoomed out version as another hint :)

You sneaky molpy. It's from prickly0002.

A fakeOSH! I've been had! :P That's what I get for not using the full acronym, I suppose...

HES wrote:
magma pixie wrote:Okay, I've missed something. What is wrong with being in the comfy chair? (Other than, apparently, getting pelted with M&Ms.)

Because we're not actually an evil cult, punishments for heresy are somewhat relaxed. Slightly out of date chocolate instead of stones, comfy chair instead of stocks, and so on.

Of course, what I've just written is pretty heretical so;

*sits in comfy chair with mouth open*

*throws a burnt steak in HES's mouth*
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

marchlight

Re: OSH #001

Postby marchlight » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Pah that was too easy

What about:

Is it that branch going over the wowterfall in M1944?

If it is, it'd be quite fitting, since the dialogue that frame is "I can't imagine how long it must have taken"... to find those pixels in 3099 frames :P
Last edited by marchlight on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1231

Postby azule » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

The fallen sand castle at the top of the makeshift boat is actually a salt castle, therefore, less weight? Secondly, La Petite's hat must have been river salvage (as her hat is otherwise out of place in this tribe). :)

doctorray wrote:De-lurking to let y'all know that my wife went into labor 10 days ago and my new son was born right before the journey to Rosetta began. It's been a wild week on both the OTC and "new child" fronts. We're conveniently awake for feeding during the oncoming flood. Maybe I have a "one true child"?
Congrats!

HES wrote:This place is ending? Not this place? :shock: :cry:
You know, that's what it feels like. and *cry* sad. I see (spoiled) that there's no more newpix. :shock: I see that there's been only 10 NPs since a few days ago. Are we dying? :cry:

Pre-post edit: But I'm having trouble submitting this because of all the posts...so, I'm wrong? hehehe!

neopifex wrote:You didn't ask about avatars, but mine is one of my own designs. It's a play on the concept of "rock god," except it's a rock cod playing a Stratocaster. Before you ask, yes, I do have another design of a bass playing bass.

I'd like to see that bass/bass. :)

SBN wrote:Maybe here we can call us, "The Hands of Time" I realize we're very spread out, so it isn't likely we can have in person events, but it gives us a name to use as we do our positive things. And of course, our slogan must be, "Molpy Up!"
Concurred.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

HES

Re: Blind-Post NP1231

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:17 pm UTC

azule wrote:
HES wrote:This place is ending? Not this place? :shock: :cry:
You know, that's what it feels like. and *cry* sad. I see (spoiled) that there's no more newpix. :shock: I see that there's been only 10 NPs since a few days ago. Are we dying? :cry:

Pre-post edit: But I'm having trouble submitting this because of all the posts...so, I'm wrong? hehehe!

Post rates have become pretty erratic here, they come in waves (Like the sea (BIG))
He/Him/His Image

gement

Postby gement » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:18 pm UTC

Blitz report from newpage 145: I delight in the coming of the trebuchet, but find little to catch my interest in the Madness, so I've skimmed along through the last 20 newpages at a good clip. That's settled down and people are placing bets on where the second volley will land and, of course, what this means for the relationship metaphor.

In other news, vague mentions of popes presage what I hear are later developments. Right now people seem to imagine they will be electing a single pope. Well, two at most. Hahahahahahahahah.

Newpage 147, Time Frame 221: This is in my top ten frames forever and ever because Cueball is so expressive here. "You monster! Nice shot." And it's mid-impact, with sand spraying up from the strike point, so as long as you can identify the outline of a miniature trebuchet, the entire scene buildup is spelled out in this one frame.
Sometimes a sand castle is just a sand castle. Mind you, a lot of other things can be happening around that sand castle...
I have reread Homestuck multiple times. The Blitz holds no terror for me. Current location: newpage 150.

Eternal Density

Molpy with Ketchup

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:20 pm UTC

Ooh lots of great new material added while I coma'd :D Good work all!
Kieryn wrote:
Spoiler:
I wonder am I the only OTTer mildly excited about the impending final season?
Final season of what???

Now I have an OTThercomic to go make and a song that's half-OTTified in my head...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

HES

Bacon time.

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 pm UTC

gement wrote:Right now people seem to imagine they will be electing a single pope. Well, two at most. Hahahahahahahahah.

Whatever did happen to Helper?

gement wrote:Newpage 147, Time Frame 221: This is in my top ten frames forever and ever because Cueball is so expressive here. "You monster! Nice shot." And it's mid-impact, with sand spraying up from the strike point, so as long as you can identify the outline of a miniature trebuchet, the entire scene buildup is spelled out in this one frame.

Somewhat agreed, but Time Frame? Time Frame? Get in the chair!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Re: Bacon time.

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

HES wrote:
gement wrote:Newpage 147, Time Frame 221: This is in my top ten frames forever and ever because Cueball is so expressive here. "You monster! Nice shot." And it's mid-impact, with sand spraying up from the strike point, so as long as you can identify the outline of a miniature trebuchet, the entire scene buildup is spelled out in this one frame.

Somewhat agreed, but Time Frame? Time Frame? Get in the chair!

Forgive gement! A poor blitzer wandering the Sandcastle Eon near the dawn of Time, xe knows no better.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

After a long, frustrating day at work, I know I can always count on my fellow OTTers to make me smile. Special thanks goes out to Whizbang for those hilarious OTTifications. :mrgreen:

I had intended on posting my sandcastle adventures over the wipend - I attempted to recreate the story of the sandcastle (apologies for sea-ish pics):

Spoiler:
I did my best to build a sandcastle, but as you can see, I am no Cueball - crenelations are difficult!

Spoiler:
The tide was already starting to come in when I finished.

Spoiler:
Pretty soon, the tide was at the sandcastle's door.

Spoiler:
In less than an hour, the tide had over taken the sandcastle.

Spoiler:
Still, the sandcastle stood.

Spoiler:
It would not last much longer.

Spoiler:
In came the final deluge.

Spoiler:
And the sandcastle was no more, its sands returned to the shore.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

magma pixie

Postby magma pixie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:30 pm UTC

HES wrote:

Ah! Well then, this is my kind of non-evil cult!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

magma pixie wrote:Ah! Well then, this is my kind of non-evil cult!

That should really be "non evil-cult"...

k.bookbinder, in your defence you were dealing with sand rather than semencoffecancerbabiesonice/salt. Seaish sea and steakish castle!
He/Him/His Image

magma pixie

Postby magma pixie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

HES wrote:

*giggles*

It's all related!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:51 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:After a long, frustrating day at work, I know I can always count on my fellow OTTers to make me smile. Special thanks goes out to Whizbang for those hilarious OTTifications. :mrgreen:

I had intended on posting my sandcastle adventures over the wipend - I attempted to recreate the story of the sandcastle (apologies for sea-ish pics):

Spoiler:
ImageI did my best to build a sandcastle, but as you can see, I am no Cueball - crenelations are difficult!

[spoiler]Image The tide was already starting to come in when I finished.

[spoiler]Image Pretty soon, the tide was at the sandcastle's door.

[spoiler]Image In less than an hour, the tide had over taken the sandcastle.

[spoiler]Image Still, the sandcastle stood.

[spoiler]Image It would not last much longer.

[spoiler]Image In came the final deluge.

[spoiler]Image
And the sandcastle was no more, its sands returned to the shore.

Thanks for posting your sandcastle pictures. Maybe yours didn't reach the dizzying heights of Megball's, but at least you didn't have to contend with the Mediterranean Basin flooding. Looks like you had fun. (And it looks like you challenged every other beach-going OTTer to post their own "Sandcastle Stories".)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

marchlight wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Pah that was too easy

What about:

Is it that branch going over the wowterfall in M1944?

If it is, it'd be quite fitting, since the dialogue that frame is "I can't imagine how long it must have taken"... to find those pixels in 3099 frames :P

Yes it is - nice one, marchlight!
Your cake:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density wrote:Ooh lots of great new material added while I coma'd :D Good work all!
Kieryn wrote:
Spoiler:
I wonder am I the only OTTer mildly excited about the impending final season?
Final season of what???

Now I have an OTThercomic to go make and a song that's half-OTTified in my head...

That would be Breaking Bad... I guess it's only obvious to those who've seen the show :-)
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I had intended on posting my sandcastle adventures over the wipend - I attempted to recreate the story of the sandcastle (apologies for sea-ish pics):<snip>

Bravo! What a treeish sandcastle story!

magma pixie wrote:
HES wrote:

*giggles*

It's all related!

You've learned quickly, young lurker. :) It's a pleasure to have you among us!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 am UTC

From NP 1334:

Whizbang wrote:
Spoiler:

I want this to happen! :D

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

BlitzGirl

OSH?

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 am UTC

Testing of the nopixly OSH:
This is Megan.
What newpix is she from?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH005.png
OSH005.png (1.3 KiB) Viewed 15005 times

redundant94.png
redundant94.png (122.99 KiB) Viewed 15005 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

marchlight

Postby marchlight » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 am UTC

Kieryn wrote:Yes it is - nice one, marchlight!
Your cake:
Spoiler:

Yay, thanks Kieryn! That was a fun one.

I wonder if the glass in that cake is edible. *clank*

pelrigg

Re: OSH?

Postby pelrigg » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:15 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Testing of the nopixly OSH:
This is Megan.
What newpix is she from?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH005.png

redundant94.png

Okay, I'll throw in Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:18 am UTC

Yep! You are correct! :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:27 am UTC

Which frame is this rabbitmolpy from?
Attachments
rabbitOSH.png
rabbitOSH.png (1.45 KiB) Viewed 14965 times
Last edited by Latent22 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:27 am UTC

Thanks for sharing your sandcastle4 adventure, k.bookbinder!
Here is some cake for you:
I hope you like to share this one, too :P
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

magma pixie

Postby magma pixie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:30 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
magma pixie wrote:
HES wrote:

*giggles*

It's all related!

You've learned quickly, young lurker. :) It's a pleasure to have you among us!

Thank you kindly! It's a pleasure to be here... even if it has my mind trying to do Very Wrong Things. Maybe I should molpy down until the wine wears off!

Spoiler:
fox asleep.jpg

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 am UTC

Latent22 wrote:Which frame is this rabbitmolpy from?

One of the birdymolps in disguise in 1398?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”