1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

azule
Saved

600 OTT Posts Achievement Celebration Spectacular AKA Sex &

Postby azule » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 am UTC

This post has three parts.

First: I'm back in the present, chirpies! What is that, a mip? I am a very slow reader.

Second: The OTC Field Report.

Third: Sex.

First.2: I would like to thanks all OTTers for their great creative and contributive works, whether through audio or visual or done through the power of the keyboard. Thank you all. Standard apology for not replying to all (or most). Papal Decree: If you did not get a reply let someone know so you may get your due. I tried to keep track of any that fell through the cracks, but I'm sure I missed at least a couple. A few replies will follow in my next post.

OTC Field Report

This is the log of Ambassador Azule. I have been assigned to the Mediterranean Pre-Flood Region. Before the projected Zanclean Flood is to begin I will be exploring this wondrous region with a local guide. The locals, consisting of many diverse and distant tribes of different technological advancements, are just as intriguing as their local fauna. As I explore the region with a local named "Cueball" I will learn of the unique creatures that only make their home here, the center of a world that will no longer be.

-------

Beesnake (Apocrita elongata)

Exploring the Deep Baobab Grove I come across these unique insects, the beesnake. According to my research, I first encountered them during their mating season, where they hover between the trunks of the mighty and strange baobab trees.

The beesnake (Apocrita elongata) resembles an elongated bee. It consists of a head, thorax, and an indeterminate number of anteriors, starting with an abdomen. The unique characteristic here is mainly due to the anterior segments. Elastic tendons connect each segment. For every year a new segment is grown, maturing just before mating season begins.

The beesnake normally inhabits areas containing their main source of food, the leaves of bushes and small trees. Hiding their length by spiraling around branches, the beesnake makes a quiet home for itself. If it is disturbed it will strike by wrapping its long body around the victim and puncturing its skin with sharp fangs located beneath each tail segment. The victim succumbs to a paralyzing serum, depending on its size this may just be a local paralysis, where the beesnake will consume any flesh or blood it can get to. The fangs of the beesnake are cone shaped with a serrated circular opening. The fangs also act as pegs to facilitate steadying when grounded.

The beesnake flies through the air in a unstable spiraled pattern. Its wings are not suited for stability, so its flight path is a meandering one. Its extravagant eyes make its journey a safer one. Consisting of 1000 "grains" in each eye, its eyesight is enhanced to a nearly 4th or 5th dimensional view.

The mating rituals of these spry creatures side on the exotic. When I first encountered these creatures I was hiking through the Baobab Grove with Cueball and we spotted two of them encircling each other. Eying each other, they make their first attempt at mating, with them successfully entwining their elastic tapered tail flaps, but only succeeding in spiraling themselves into a crash landing against a nearby baobab. Their second attempt is done with such grace and viscousness.

Succeeding in their tail anchoring, the two beesnake smack against a mighty baobab, creating a nearly closed loop. With its fangs punctured deep, they begin to undulate, stepping closer and closer until their heads nearly reach. The female, having spiked antennae, reaches for the male's unadorned head. She stabs the male, causing him to release adrenaline into his system, and in turn he releases his sperm into her system. Once done, the male will fall to the ground to resume flying later, while the female flies off immediately.

Over years this ritual will fell a tree a slender stab ring at a time.

I am still in awe of uniqueness of these creatures and will be looking forward to further research on them.

For a more traditional Field Guide, check out this PastPost.

Chainsaw PUNishments:

• A woman requests that a man perform oral pleasure on her. The man agrees. He shouts, "Molpy down!" as he begins.
  • A couple are getting hot 'n heavy. Perverting that wonderful question all women want to hear, the man asks, "Is that a Zanclean Flood in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
  • A woman seems frustrated. The man admirably tries harder. The woman shouts, "Why can't you ever find a Beanie when you need to!?"

Spoiler:
Apologetics:
No redundakitty, sorry.
Beesnake is not perfectly drawn, sorry.
Post is missing more jokes, sorry.
*cough* Sorry.
beesnake.png

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

azule
Saved

Time Something Something

Postby azule » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:16 am UTC

mscha wrote:A ⁴ OTCerOTTherOtherComic (I think I got that right) from azule!

Thanks. It's really a rehash (hehe, hash, it's all related) of superluminal's neat creation.

StormAngel wrote:I'd give you a cake, but we all know the cake is a
Spoiler:
PIE!!!
Apple pie, naturally; my sister made it.

So, for the count, there's StormAngel and ED and sister. I'm going to assume Mother, maybe Father too. I gotta assume also that you guys have at least one pet. So therefore that's a family of six.

I mean, your sister's pie looks delicious. :)

ggh wrote:I can't match being a molpy hunter like azule's girlfriend (bravo, btw), but "holy chirp" is getting some regular use in my emails to the outside.

LMAO1 :lol:

BlitzGirl wrote:D'aww. Image
The molpies are molpying about outside! Molpy molpy molpy molpy...

You think it's cute? :? Hmm. I guess so.

BlitzGirl wrote:Molpy down...
Spoiler:

That is a FREAKY molpy. :shock:

TheMinim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby TheMinim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 am UTC

Hi azule! :D Nice to see you in the future.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Seeking Rainbows
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:24 am UTC

Thanks! I see I'm out of your sig now. Well, that was quick. ;) hehe.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:30 am UTC

KONGSIDES...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 am UTC

Oh, man. I forgot I could ONG that and that it was Time.

Kudos, btw, to the mystery person feeding us these. Thanks, Latent22. :)

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:33 am UTC

Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Seeking Rainbows
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

superluminal

Postby superluminal » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:59 am UTC

That was crazy, ED! And BlitzGirl! :D :shock: :lol: (Where was that collection of neat OTT smileys again?)

Anyway,

redundant
Spoiler:
redundak.png
redundak.png (13.33 KiB) Viewed 12998 times

boromir.jpg

HES

MUSTARD

Postby HES » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:29 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I added a section under the OTTercomics page on the OTW for ottified What-ifs (OTT-ifs) since there's plenty of image fodder to manip there. :)

:shock: :!: I'm seeing some serious page mustard. Images are there but not visible, the comments aren't there, the collapsed text isn't collapsed, and more worryingly,I can't access the page history to fix it (can via adding ?action=history to the address, but not the edit dropdown). Firefox + chrome, anyone else seeing the same?

ETA, all earlier versions are mustarded as well, so it might just be me.
He/Him/His Image

patzer

Re: MUSTARD

Postby patzer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 am UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I added a section under the OTTercomics page on the OTW for ottified What-ifs (OTT-ifs) since there's plenty of image fodder to manip there. :)

:shock: :!: I'm seeing some serious page mustard. Images are there but not visible, the comments aren't there, the collapsed text isn't collapsed, and more worryingly,I can't access the page history to fix it (can via adding ?action=history to the address, but not the edit dropdown). Firefox + chrome, anyone else seeing the same?

All earlier versions are mustarded for me too (using Chrome). I can't see why it's broken. Only the first 3 images are visible.

The similar OTColored page works fine, so I think it's a problem with the page content rather than with the browser/wiki software.
Last edited by patzer on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

waveney

Postby waveney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 am UTC

HES wrote:

Its not just you.

It was fine an hour or two ago, it must be something recent that has broken it.

ETA: It was fine after my edit to #700-799 AFAIK, There was an edit 25 minutes ago - this might be the problem one...

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am UTC

It's odd that previous versions are chirped too. If it comes to it, we can take this opportunity to reinstate the h in OTThercomics and move things piecewise to a new page. Otherwise, this is beyond me, and I must return to outside duties.
He/Him/His Image

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

xkcd 1254 ottified

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

patzer

Mustard

Postby patzer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:17 pm UTC

The div tags were breaking the page. I removed them.
I don't know what was wrong with them as they were working fine earlier. Presumably a problem with the wiki software.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands. –Douglas Adams

Neil_Boekend

Re: xkcd 1254 ottified

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 pm UTC

jjjdavidson wrote:Image

Cool OTTification. And fast.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm UTC

BlindPosting from 266
Only another 20 pages since last coma. I blame the "Princess Bride" distraction, which killed my father absorbed many Newpix.
I've advanced over the source original of many Sigs, each arrival causing me great joy.
I've enjoyed many TimeTravellers' messages.

I've made it to 266/1394
I shall reach the end.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

JGeezer

Postby JGeezer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:45 pm UTC

waveney wrote:142,000 results - that is more than posts here!
Spoiler:

[spoiler]
molpy.png

I love this awesomeful search result!

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Molpy
Image All you molpys, get off my lawn!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:03 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:I just happened to browse the wiki and found the excellent Book Recommendations Article. Whoever compiled this list: great work!

Most of the article came from one pretty compact discussion, so that was easy. The frustrating part is I know there were other books mentioned earlier, but there is no way to find them.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

waveney

Postby waveney » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:14 pm UTC

OTTercomic time again...

Yes that is the raft castle at the top

Spoiler:
1165 amazon.png

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

HOPPONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:nerdsniped's EoOTT and the rise of the STT prediction reminded me of something I've wondered about before...

What if GLR did make a sequel to Time (however unlikely)? It would have its own individual xkcd OtherThread. Would we all continue our journey on the OTT, or jump ship for the new needle-pulled thing instead?

{P1360}
What if it consisted of hourly click and drag sized umwelt frames? Would we have time to OTTilate?
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:38 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:-Blindpost NP641-

Another Past Present for all y'all! (Sorry about this one, I couldn't resist making it!)

Spoiler:

Also, I'm just reading for the first time the part of the thread where people gave feedback about the first Heretical comic, I love you all, I think it's finally hitting me Image

Wow, another Henny Goulet moment for me. I make a gag more than three mips ago, and it turns up in my mornip ketchup as the punch line of the latest Heretical Comic. Thanks, Vytron!

N.B.: I can't find the Heretical Comix anywhere in the Time Wiki. Is there a page somewhere for completely original OTT art, like the Heretical Comix or BlitzGirl's molpy art, that isn't a manip or a colorization of an earlier work?
──Should there be?
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:46 pm UTC

@jjj, there isn't but there should be. Looking at the main page, perhaps "Time Artwork" should have a page of its own which then links to the various projects and hosts anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Having just recommended the use of some "Keep Clear" markings, this came to mind:

Last edited by HES on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:49 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:48 pm UTC

@waveney: awesomeful OTTification! Although I feel like it should say "with a focus on redundancy resolutions." (or redundakitties) ;)
@azule: wow, that is seaish and much like a baobab. That beesnake sounds scary, tho... Image Hopefully facebugs aren't that terrifying.
@jjjdavidson: floodishF and quite well done.

Vytron wrote:Another Past Present for all y'all! (Sorry about this one, I couldn't resist making it!)

Spoiler:

Also, I'm just reading for the first time the part of the thread where people gave feedback about the first Heretical comic, I love you all, I think it's finally hitting me Image

Oh chirp, for obvious reasons this is presently my favorite Past Present from Vytron! I always felt like I started the Legos thing, so they have a treeish spot in my heart, now. :mrgreen: We love you too, Vytron. <3

Eternal Density wrote:My OTTherComics keep getting sketchier. I'm not sure what's the cause of this.
Here's a new one, via http://xkcd.com/1101/ :
Spoiler:

Hah, this brought a huge smile to my face. Although I think Chirp-Tent and Chirp-Shack sound waaaaaay creepier than anything else on that list. :P

F : fast!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:My OTTherComics keep getting sketchier. I'm not sure what's the cause of this.
Spoiler:

Hah, this brought a huge smile to my face. Although I think Chirp-Tent and Chirp-Shack sound waaaaaay creepier than anything else on that list. :P

A chirp-trebuchet doesn't sound sketchy at all, it's just confusing... do you both get in the launching part? Or maybe it's just that the counterweight is used for added speed and force... you know what, it just got really sketchy... nevermind
Last edited by jovialbard on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:56 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Oh chirp, for obvious reasons this is presently my favorite Past Present from Vytron! I always felt like I started the Legos thing, so they have a treeish spot in my heart, now. :mrgreen: We love you too, Vytron. <3

I'd always counted it in my accidental trio of flames (bad things come in trees. wait, that's not right...) But I suppose it takes two to tango swiftly away from a burning building...

Hmm. All work and no OTT makes HES mustard common sayings.
(Or is that all OTT and no work?)

(Also, Yay! I'm Evil and heretical! :twisted: )
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

HES wrote:
Valarya wrote:Oh chirp, for obvious reasons this is presently my favorite Past Present from Vytron! I always felt like I started the Legos thing, so they have a treeish spot in my heart, now. :mrgreen: We love you too, Vytron. <3

I'd always counted it in my accidental trio of flames (bad things come in trees. wait, that's not right...) But I suppose it takes two to tango swiftly away from a burning building...

Hmm. All work and no OTT makes HES mustard common sayings.
(Or is that all OTT and no work?)

(Also, Yay! I'm Evil and heretical! :twisted: )

I always counted it as an interesting discussion, with added cultural awareness.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:14 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:

A chirp-trebuchet doesn't sound sketchy at all, it's just confusing... do you both get in the launching part? Or maybe it's just that the counterweight is used for added speed and force... you know what, it just got really sketchy... nevermind

Daaang, you just turned the trebuchet into a [ch*rp] machine!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm UTC

SBN wrote:I always counted it as an interesting discussion, with added cultural awareness.

It was certainly educational
He/Him/His Image

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 pm UTC

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
molpy.png

All the more treeish because my site is the #3 link!

And... #newslide for everyone. I really need practice drawing people.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Diply Ketchup

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:23 pm UTC

Treeish OTTercomics, waveney!
Speedy ottification of the newest OtherComc, jjjdavidson!
Welcome back to the Present, azule! And awesomeful beesnake report - have some seaish cake!
Spoiler:

patzer wrote:The div tags were breaking the page. I removed them.
I don't know what was wrong with them as they were working fine earlier. Presumably a problem with the wiki software.

That's ε. Thanks so much for fixing the mustard!
(Chaos happens when I'm a-coma...)

superluminal wrote:That was crazy, ED! And BlitzGirl! :D :shock: :lol: (Where was that collection of neat OTT smileys again?)

Anyway,
Spoiler:

Awesomeful Boro-meme! The thread repository is on Newpage 1300. Plus, Kieryn's site has a Smileys section.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Poly Mup!

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:29 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image

Hehe, did you make that smiley yourself? It looks too appropriate for a pun-followed-by-chainsaw-attack smiley to have just been found on the interbobs...
Eternal Density wrote:http://xkcd.com/532/ (in spirit) + http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/402 + http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/403 + FRAME NOT FOUND =
Spoiler:

:lol: Treeishly steakish! Your sketchy one and molmolpy one were great too!
Vytron wrote:Another Past Present for all y'all! (Sorry about this one, I couldn't resist making it!)
Spoiler:

Nooo not the legoses again!
Spoiler:

Yay! And I see two of my creations there, the video of course and also the original molpy drawing before BlitzGirl made her infinitely better version.
azule wrote:First: I'm back in the present, chirpies! What is that, a mip? I am a very slow reader.

Second: The OTC Field Report.

Yay, welcome back! LOVED the beesnake report! Steakish! :mrgreen:
superluminal wrote:(Where was that collection of neat OTT smileys again?)

Page 1300! Aaand just ninja'd by BlitzGirl there who seemed to be ketching up at the same time as me despite the timezone difference... shows how mustardy my sleep habits are...
jjjdavidson wrote:
Spoiler:

Yay, I was wondering how quickly that would be ottified! :mrgreen:
waveney wrote:OTTercomic time again...
Spoiler:

:mrgreen: Another good one!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Re: Poly Mup!

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

Hehe, did you make that smiley yourself? It looks too appropriate for a pun-followed-by-chainsaw-attack smiley to have just been found on the interbobs...
I actually found it via Google...goes to show that the interbibble is full of RELATED material just waiting to be introduced to the OTT! Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:Lovers of gifs and stereograms: I'm about to change your life with this animated gif stereogram of a shark-molpy swimming through water. Absolutely amazing! Unlock the spoiler for awesome. *WARNING: somewhat jarring visual at first. If you have seizures, maybe don't open this spoiler*
Spoiler:

Hey, many thanks for that, kenmelken! Your shark prompted me to teach my little daughter to see stereograms!
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:40 pm UTC

I'm a little unsettled by the fact that the epilogue sequence is now repeating the first pattern in its fifth iteration. I'm glad it's still going, but I want my repeated slides in a non-repeated order, Randammit!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:01 pm UTC

OSH

This is a treeish tree!
In what newpix did it first appear?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OSH020.png
OSH020.png (2.57 KiB) Viewed 12466 times

Keywords: BGOSH
redundant130.png
redundant130.png (121.22 KiB) Viewed 12466 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Laser Plumb

Postby Laser Plumb » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

@ azule: Love the OTC Field report on the "Beesnake"
still mostly lurking - outside world is demanding, which is better than the alternative
- laser plumb bob

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

HES wrote:@jjj, there isn't but there should be. Looking at the main page, perhaps "Time Artwork" should have a page of its own which then links to the various projects and hosts anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Once my database is complete it should be fairly trivial to let it generate wiki markup to include in the OTW.

Unfortunately I've got a splitting headache (damn weather) and do not really feel like coding today. :-(

But I've got a question for our professional webmechanics (Kieryn, mscha, et al.) here: I am thinking about setting up a domain for my little server, are there any recommendations for a domain name registrar. I don't need any fancy things like a dozen free email-addies or webspace, just something not too expensive and simple to set up and use (tld .at or maybe even .name; .com and .org do not really fit I think). I would be thankful for any advice.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Soup

Re: Diply Ketchup

Postby Soup » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:27 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Plus, Kieryn's site has a Smileys section.

Oh.

Google Images wrote:Animated ice cream gifs:

My.

Google Images wrote:Animated ice cream emoticons:

Randall.

(Redunda)
Spoiler:
candies5.gif
candies5.gif (3.36 KiB) Viewed 12420 times
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:27 pm UTC

And now, after being on vacation for a week, I find myself in the Past. I have a lot to ketchup, but before I do, I thought I'd share something I made from my (apparently not so good) memory for my 600th post:

I made the castle by hand, without the use of buckets or anything. The bridge was made the same way Cueball made (building it up, then hollowing it out), which seemed to work pretty well. Also, crenellations are really aggravating.

I built it below the high tide line, to see how its collapse would compare to the one in the OTC:

Spoiler:
The first wave only barely touched the front tower. What surprised me was that the first thing to go was the bridge:

Although, this is hard to compare because the bridge was gone from the OTC before the water rose that high.
The next wave took out part of the rear castle and some of the crenellations:

The front tower never overhung the water, the sides pretty much fell straight down:

But the rear castle did develop an overhang around the back side:

Next, the walls of the rear castle collapsed (and I switched the camera mode to HDR):

By this point, the front tower was completely gone:

The minaret was surprisingly sturdy.

And with one more wave, the whole thing disappeared:
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”