1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

All these little strings keep holding us together

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:51 am UTC

EDIT from 2014-03-20 (NP1811):

Code: Select all

if (username === "macraw83" && /^2014-03-20/.test((new Date).toISOString())) {
   np1400.pipe(present, { end: false });
}

PS. Hypothetical question: lets assume Rosetta wasn't the leader of all Beanies (i.e. they are just an expedition). Who you'd like to be their true leader? Randall Munroe? Richard Stallman? John Spartan? Andrew Martin?

PPS. Thank you, j³davidson. Signed, the Night Owl.

The following only applicable in case of popeness:

Dear Members of the Congregation,

I've refrained from posting on the last few days, keeping this 800th post for this special event. It was a truly overwhelming task, the days feeling like weeks; yet I stood firm.

My memory blender recently brought to my attention that some of us became lost in the waters of Time. I think it would be a good idea to hold a ceremony in honor of these lost souls.

Let me begin:

--- IN MEMORIAM --------------------------------------------------------
--- CameronCat, Keeper of the Very Last Pew of the Tabernacle
--- 2013-06-17T21:58:18Z/07-24T22:13:54Z
--- May you be on your way back home; you've been a long time gone.
--------------------------------------------------------- AluisioASG ---

Now I ask you to do the same for the Missing Ones. Choose one of them, think of a suitable title (not those the individual already holds), find their first and last posts on the Tabernacle, fill in the dates, and write an epitaph (or the equivalent for when the dead are able to return).
Last edited by AluisioASG on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

Because why not?

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:52 am UTC

Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

pelrigg

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:53 am UTC

@jjjdavidson: More Wowtreefull graphs you've come up with there friend.

And, now, looking at the individual graphs, I'm going to break down and ask you for one for me, with permission to go public with it. (I'll PM you in a minute or so...)

Awefulsome graphing skills....

EDIT
And "Welcome to NP 1400 All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Edit Number Two:

Congrats on 800 posts AluisioASG !
With that many more to follow, we hope.
Last edited by pelrigg on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 am UTC

ucim wrote:The OTT really has the sense of an artistic colony, doesn't it!

Which does make [at least one of] the non-creative types feel like they're in the wrong room.

I drove across three states today, with three to go tomorrow. Before I left home I was at the wolpy-park and someone mentioned that the trees were turning early. I said, "Well, they are pretty big, they probably know what they are doing." But all I got back was a really puzzled look.

Molpy down.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:30 am UTC

SPRONGVILLE...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:39 am UTC

SBN wrote:Which does make [at least one of] the non-creative types feel like they're in the wrong room.
I'm sorry you got that impression - it was not at all what I meant to imply. A place that feels like an artists colony isn't a place just for artists. Rather, it's a place that feels warm and inviting, where people can do their thing and feel welcome, where oddity and ottity are all around, but not for their own sake.

And further, you are not at all a non-creative type! Being creative is an attitude more than an accomplishment, and just by being here and enjoying it you show that you "belong".

I, for one, enjoy your posts; the place would be a less treeish without you!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:45 am UTC

(Per Page Pope DecreeA) I believe I've mentioned htom before as someone I haven't seen in a while:

---------For A Lost One----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------htom, Baker of Breads And Maker of Salsa
---------Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 am Z (NP 33) --- Sat Jun 1, 2013 3:39 pm Z (NP 757)
---------Your last post said:
---------"My attachment to Outside has been beyond sticky.  This is a blind post, I've got about fifty pages to ketchup starting tomorrow.
            Wait for it"
---------We wait for your return and your next post.
---------We still Wait For It.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------pelrigg---------

Also: for those who want a reminder about how to search for all of a particular TimeWaiter's posts:
Spoiler:
Paste this into your address bar with the OTTer's name in <name>

http://echochamber.me/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sr=posts&t=101043&author=<name>

A
Spoiler:
I think this is one of the few times I have followed a Decree.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:03 am UTC

mscha wrote:SPRONGVILLE...

-- posted by newpixbot

Now see, that's a perfectly valid ending. Why couldn't GLR have done that?
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Eternal Density

TBC

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:09 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

Now see, that's a perfectly valid ending. Why couldn't GLR have done that?
This is what the first part of not actually ending looks like :P
ucim wrote:A place that feels like an artists colony isn't a place just for artists. Rather, it's a place that feels warm and inviting, where people can do their thing and feel welcome, where oddity and ottity are all around, but not for their own sake.
I approve of this new word.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Now see, that's a perfectly valid ending. Why couldn't GLR have done that?

Perhaps because "GLR" is, in fact, actually human and doesn't want to be drawing frames forever - and thus realizes that any good thing eventually comes to an end.
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

jjjdavidson
Location: Outside: The Ozarks, North America ─ OTTside: Lost in the 1400s

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:16 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:@Vytron: Your lastest addition of "The Herectical Comic" really got a "Leg-up" on the competition. Yet another grand addition. I know I can search your posts but is there an easier way to find the rest? (In fact, I think I might have missed one.) And let me add my vote for getting these on the wiki.
@jjjdavidson: "Journey I: Ask" is very tree-ish.
I don't think the images are anywhere in the wiki yet, but The Gospel of Vytron has links to HC 1-4, down near the bottom.

I'll be happy to do you a graph; feel free to use it any way you wish. Thanks for posting a memoriam of htom; he was the first of the Missing Ones to cross my mind. (And thanks about Ask!)

By the way, thanks to everyone who's been adding to the Time Wiki, especially patzer, who has done a truly seaish amount of wiki work. All y'all've created a marvelous resource that's still getting better every day. (I helped a little here and there, but not as much as I ought; I need to put some more time into it...)

azule wrote:
jjjdavidson wrote:I don't plan to do later versions of the individual graphs. As the OTT winds slowly down, I don't think the graphs will change much. I prefer to leave them here, four days past T▒▒ E▒▒, just past the climax of the OTT. :wry smile:
Too bad on "no later versions" as I actually posted a bit more during the post-E▒▒ period, since I was about a mip behind. Any special exceptions for those Lost in Time? (no biggie.)

jjjdavidson wrote:I don't know where azule lives,
Spoiler:
but his posting pattern is surprisingly similar to BlitzGirl's below, if a bit more exaggerated. He has two distinct peak periods, from 2-6am RDT, and from 3-9pm RDT. If he's in the continental U.S., he'd appear to be an early riser, and there's no time of day when he's never posted; since I seem to remember something about a new baby, perhaps that's not surprising.
I love reading the summaries. "No time I haven't posted" sounds a bit...extreme. lol. FYI, same TimeZone as BlitzGirl. Early riser must mean baby woke up, yes. lol.
Perhaps I should have said "no hour of the day" instead of "no time". But you're hardly alone in that; you don't have to look any further than the graphs immediately above and below yours for proof.

I hadn't thought about OTTers who were far behind at T▒▒ E▒▒; I'll make a note to run an update for you the next time I crawl the Thread.

AluisioASG wrote:PPS. Thank you, j³davidson. Signed, the Night Owl.

Dear Members of the Congregation,
Spoiler:
I've refrained from posting on the last few days, keeping this 800th post for this special event. It was a truly overwhelming task, the days feeling like weeks; yet I stood firm.

My memory blender recently brought to my attention that some of us became lost in the waters of Time. I think it would be a good idea to hold a ceremony in honor of these lost souls.

Let me begin:

--- CameronCat, Keeper of the Very Last Pew of the Tabernacle
--- 2013-06-17T21:58:18Z/07-24T22:13:54Z
--- May you be on your way back home; you've been a long time gone.

Now I ask you to do the same for the Missing Ones. Choose one of them, think of a suitable title (not those the individual already holds), find their first and last posts on the Tabernacle, fill in the dates, and write an epitaph (or the equivalent for when the dead are able to return).
As sad as it sounds, I like your idea; there are several posters from my earliest days on the OTT from whom I miss hearing. I'll have to think about this for a little while, to choose a Missing One to remember.

You're very welcome for the graph; it's truly my pleasure to produce these. And thank you for the OTTer map; clearly I should have made more use of it ─ ↓↓↓
HES wrote:Yay! Graphs! I still don't believe my posting is so uniform. That said, it correlates to US timezones rather than my own...
Bloody ch*rp, you're in Nottingham? I wouldn't have guessed. That puts your peak posting times from 10-11pm and from midnight to 1am; in fact, your graph is similar to yappo's, though not shifted so  musicianishly  extremely. (And I wonder why you both have a noticeable posting dip in the middle of the night: you from 11pm to midnight, and yappo from midnight to 1am? Some English custom? Something irresistible on the BBC?  Late-night chirp?  Nighttime elevenses?)

ucim wrote:
SBN wrote:Which does make [at least one of] the non-creative types feel like they're in the wrong room.
I'm sorry you got that impression - it was not at all what I meant to imply. A place that feels like an artists colony isn't a place just for artists. Rather, it's a place that feels warm and inviting, where people can do their thing and feel welcome, where oddity and ottity are all around, but not for their own sake.
And further, you are not at all a non-creative type! Being creative is an attitude more than an accomplishment, and just by being here and enjoying it you show that you "belong".
I, for one, enjoy your posts; the place would be a less treeish without you!
Jose
What Jose said. You're an OTTer like the rest of us ─ don't ever doubt it! (or BlitzGirl will lock you in the basement!) :lol:
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.
Don't wait for me.
My OTC/OTT graphsMay include spoilers!
Helpful links: Time Wiki FAQrot-13 / Morse decoders
He won! He won! He won!
Knight Temporal. :) Ex-Loopist. :(

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:30 am UTC

--- cmyk, Helper's Unconfirmed Alter Ego
--- 2013-04-06T18:32:16Z/30T06:56:03Z
--- You lost.  Now give me those 14 Doritos.

I presume I should bring myself cake.
Selecting new quote…

jjjdavidson

OTTifact of #448

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:46 am UTC

http://xkcd.com/448/, nothing fancy:
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

Eternal Density

OTTCEPTION

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:48 am UTC

OTTification of OTTification of http://xkcd.com/296/
(linked for seaishness)
http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=39504&mode=view
Spoiler:
tony_hawk.png
redundexz.jpg

Nice one, jjjdavidson.

jjjdavidson

Re: OTTCEPTION

Postby jjjdavidson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:58 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:OTTification of OTTification of http://xkcd.com/296/
(linked for seaishness)

:shock: My head a splode

It's too far past my coma time for me to absorb that one. Coma well, fellow Waiters ─ the Wait is not ended! Good night, Mrs. MobTeeseboose, wherever you are! Molpy down。。。。。。
Spoiler:
Don't wait for me.
He won! He won! He won!

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:03 am UTC

(linked for seaishness)

Did you ever confuse the fake Tools for the real ones while making this? :D
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:07 am UTC

adnapemit wrote:
(linked for seaishness)

Did you ever confuse the fake Tools for the real ones while making this? :D
Once.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:21 am UTC

-- posted by newpixbot

Well that is the last LuckyONG/OTCStories/TimeAfterTime Frame for now sorry. I would love to keep them going every 4 hours if possible but I need some more help from you wonderful people. Thanks so much to my wonderful helper for the LuckyONG's but I would also like to see if anyone else has any ideas and the will to help me add some more frames to it. Because the point of them is in slowly reveling the story we have to keep the content secret at first so If you want to help just PM me please. Looking for people willing to draw up a few frames in the style of the OTC. They can be about anything OTC/OTT related really. Could be before, after or during scenes from the OTC world.

I can add them to my 4 hourly update queue and they will upload to mscha's server and viewer automagically.

The secret to them is that we only need 6 frames a day and each frame only needs a small thing changed each time. So pumping out a days worth doesn't take that long really. Also you can reuse scenes and graphics from original OTC frames to save you a lot of time.

All contributions will be anonymous but you can claim credit after they are released if you wish.

Anyway hope someone has some spare time to help me out!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:48 am UTC

First OtherComic Alert (because we need more lerts...)*
Next I've been working on a RUN series of OTTcolors. (This is one of the things that I've been "thoughting on".) (Tell me what you think, please.)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yep, The Redundant Ones:
Spoiler:
2921-color-1.png

2923-color-1.png

2944-color-1.png

*(Whadda mean, BlitzGirl's right behind me????)

@Latent22: Thanks for the "Lucky Story" and for the other After-ONG tales you made. I hope you and/or others will keep these going. They are certainly real tasty and tree-ish and even like the flutterbees (wonderful and amazing).
Last edited by pelrigg on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:05 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

StormAngel

Post #55979

Postby StormAngel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:52 am UTC

Happy New New-Page Century, everyone!
Well WaterHole, I've finally ketch'd up the last few pages, and am back in the present with another OTThercomic.

I didn't really have a plan for this one, just made it up as I went.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:55 am UTC

@pelrigg: Awesomeful OTColored newpix! (Yes, I'm right behind you.)
@jjjdavidson: Thank you for the posting rate chart! :D
@Ray Kremer: Thanks for staying with us! Randallspeed on your journey to the Present!
@Tatiana: Thanks for the cake and for starting the wiki repositiory!
@StormAngel: Treeish OTTercomic!

Aaeriele wrote:
moody7277 wrote:Now see, that's a perfectly valid ending. Why couldn't GLR have done that?

Perhaps because "GLR" is, in fact, actually human and doesn't want to be drawing frames forever - and thus realizes that any good thing eventually comes to an end.

An Old One! From Newpage 19! Oooooo. Greetings, Old One - we haven't seen you in almost 1300 newpages! How was that extra-large bowl of popcorn?

For pope:

--- Shepherdess, Dame Not-Bob, Temporal Defender Of The OTC
--- Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:00 pm (NP 230) --- Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 pm (NP 350)
--- Eons of Time have passed but your encouragement to a wandering blitzer
--- remains fresh in your avatar, your sig, and my memory.  Wait well.
---------------------------------------------------------BlitzGirl ---

And now...A RECKONING:
Spoiler:
ucim wrote: - I don't want to whine about it, but what is a grapevine doing in the sea? I'd be crushed if it's just getting old, but you really have me over a barrel - I'm red with embarassment and can't keep it bottled up.

STRIKE ONE

ucim wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Jose, you'd better hide when BlitzGirl comes back :P
Why? You think she can't keep a cork in it? :)

STRIKE TWO

yappobiscuits wrote:
ggh wrote:
ucim wrote:
ggh wrote:(oh Jose, you're not going to escape from that one!)

You have proof?

It's what the spirits tell me.

This whole discussion is gonna make BlitzGirl highly vindictive!

AAAH!!
STRIKE THREE AND I GET A GGH AND A YAPPO AS A BONUS
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:10 am UTC

Since it's the top o' the nopix, I'll repost this unsolved OSH:
OSH

This is Cuegan.
What newpix are they from?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:13 am UTC

*considers adding pun reply to BlitzGirl's post*

*thinks better of it*

*molpies down*
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:20 am UTC

--- SWuh, Crazy Girlfriend of Time
--- Tue Mar 26, 2013 to Tue Apr 02, 2013
--- May the Madness drive you Crazy (and Home) once again.
-------------------------------------------------------------- azule ---

I never did get a single reply from her, but maybe I was the crazy one thinking we had a connection. lol.

jjjdavidson wrote:Perhaps I should have said "no hour of the day" instead of "no time". But you're hardly alone in that; you don't have to look any further than the graphs immediately above and below yours for proof.

I hadn't thought about OTTers who were far behind at T▒▒ E▒▒; I'll make a note to run an update for you the next time I crawl the Thread.
Firstly, you said it clear, I mucked it up. I knew what you meant, sorry. Secondly, thanks for the possible inclusion of my Time-delayed posts. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

1400!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:22 am UTC

I feel terrible for not noticing the pagecount. So I'll link to thisbecause I can. It's vaguely related because of the word "waterdeep" :P

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:25 am UTC

I'll just leave this here for now.
005 - Emergency Broadcast.png
She somehow gained access to space-time disruption technology.
005 - Emergency Broadcast.png (8.57 KiB) Viewed 16442 times

Yes, the speech is decodable. Kinda.

--- PhoenixRising, the Never-Ending Time Traveler
--- 2013-03-27T01:11:37Z/06-01T07:07:40Z
--- That weekend has never ended, did it?  And do good using that sword.
Selecting new quote…

ggh

Re: All these little strings keep holding us together

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 am UTC

--- mathrec, Poser of Puzzles, Anagram Agitator, and Contributor of Kind and Clever Comments
--- Thu Apr 04, 2013 - Wed Jul 31, 2013
--- You wandered from us: sad, eery forum wound.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

ID-40...in an Othercomic?

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 am UTC

Hey, who's that in the Othercomic? What are you doing in there, you meddling kids?

@taixzo: You chose...wisely.

For pope:

--- manvandmaan, Old One, Bringer of Scrumptious Croissants
--- Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 am (NP 7) --- Fri May 17, 2013 1:45 pm (NP 651)
--- Your last sneeze echoes through the pastposts.  I hope it was not a
--- harbinger of an unTIMEly illness that stole you from us too soon.
---------------------------------------------------------BlitzGirl ---

Redundant:
Spoiler:

CueganiteKidsInvadeTheOthercomics.png

Keywords: BGUM forty cueganites kids mini-bunny spike othercomic invade meddling id40 id-40 project
redundant132.png
redundant132.png (153.86 KiB) Viewed 16416 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Re: Nopixly OSH

Postby pelrigg » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:54 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Since it's the top o' the nopix, I'll repost this unsolved OSH:
OSH

This is Cuegan.

BlitzGirl, I been searching through my collection, forwards and backwards, multiple times (I actually started really looking just before you posted this reminder), and through all of my squinting and scrounging, I still haven't found it (you sneaky molpy, you).
Traveling left, slightly down slope, two bags, Megan in the lead, Cueball with his hand at his shoulder, single tuft of grass. You'd think that would be easy to find.
Well, maybe this is a sign I need to "molpy down", because I do need to "molpy down". Work is going to show up waaaaaayyyy too quickly.
Hope someone finds the OSH.

Molpy down.
Wait For It..
(Find a "Missing One" to remember. And a Biltzer to encourage.)
Well, Coma Out...

Eternal Density

I'm on a meta roll!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:07 am UTC

"Where do OTTifications come from?"

I'm glad you asked!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Original:

Redundant?
Spoiler:
Where do OTTers come from?
ottogenesis 1.png
ottogenesis 1.png (16.92 KiB) Viewed 16340 times
ottogenesis 2.png
ottogenesis 2.png (34.7 KiB) Viewed 16340 times
ottogenesis 3.png
ottogenesis 3.png (14.44 KiB) Viewed 16340 times
ottogenesis 4.png
ottogenesis 4.png (37.42 KiB) Viewed 16340 times
physicists.png
skynet.png
feeder.png
ottogenesis.png
Last edited by Eternal Density on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:08 am UTC

Othercomic alert:

The Great Lord Randal is early todip!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:12 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:An Old One! From Newpage 19! Oooooo. Greetings, Old One - we haven't seen you in almost 1300 newpages! How was that extra-large bowl of popcorn?

Tasty.
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

BlitzGirl

Re: Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:19 am UTC

@Eternal Density: I can't see your latest OTTercomic (ottogenesis.png). :( Is the attachment mustarded?

Aaeriele wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:An Old One! From Newpage 19! Oooooo. Greetings, Old One - we haven't seen you in almost 1300 newpages! How was that extra-large bowl of popcorn?

Tasty.
Excellent! Image

pelrigg wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:Since it's the top o' the nopix, I'll repost this unsolved OSH:
OSH

This is Cuegan.
BlitzGirl, I been searching through my collection, forwards and backwards, multiple times (I actually started really looking just before you posted this reminder), and through all of my squinting and scrounging, I still haven't found it (you sneaky molpy, you).
Traveling left, slightly down slope, two bags, Megan in the lead, Cueball with his hand at his shoulder, single tuft of grass. You'd think that would be easy to find.

Hint: My cropping leaves out some significant terrain. :wink:

Edit for pope:

--- IN MEMORIAM --------------------------------------------------------------
--- Febrion, Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
--- Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 am (NP 287) --- Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:46 pm (NP 1343)
--- The Outside's demands took their toll; may you blitz back to us some dip.
---------------------------------------------------------- BlitzGirl ---------
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:23 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Othercomic alert:

The Great Lord Randal is early todip!
Sorry but you're third to link it.
BlitzGirl wrote:@Eternal Density: I can't see your latest OTTercomic (ottogenesis.png). :( Is the attachment mustarded?
Well I actually uploaded the original somehow instead but then I thought I fixed it fine but apparently didn't by now that doesn't matter at all anyway because... well you'll see.

Neil_Boekend

Re: Smilie Repository Wikified!

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:32 am UTC

Tatiana wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
Tatiana wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I just updated the smiley repository on 1300 to include the punsaw and the littlest Bangs.

Is there a place on the wiki that holds the smilie repository too? I keep looking for it and not finding it. I would attempt to add it but I'm afraid that would surpass my abilities and I'd screw it up and not be able to fix it back. Dare I try?

Yes you can try. If you screw up there are a couple of OTTers with the wiki skilz to reverse your edits so you can try again.

Okay, I did it! It seems to have worked. Took a while, though. Image

Behold!

Awesomefull. I added the beautiful smiley Yappo made of me. Yaay Image
Spoiler:
OTTsmileys-neilboekend.gif
OTTsmileys-neilboekend.gif (1.53 KiB) Viewed 16327 times
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

(For those who've seen it.)

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:34 am UTC

Fun fact about my OTTogenesis:
Spoiler:
I clicked Random from my previous OTTification (Tony Hawk) and got Citogenesis. I quickly had the idea of making it about OTTogenesis so I decided I had to make some more OTTifications to feature in it. So I clicked Random again and got Learning to Cook which I did yesterday so I skipped it and clicked Random again. From that I got Physicists, Skynet, and Trebuchet in that order with none skipped. The RNG is kind!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:37 am UTC

Whoa. I can see it all now! That is some masterful OTTifying, Eternal Density! :shock:

For pope:

--- IN MEMORIAM ------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- descor, Cardinal of the Timewaiters, Keeper of the chickens and Master of the Hutch.
--- Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:05 am (NP 251) --- Sun May 12, 2013 12:47 am (NP 598)
--- You came to us a lurker; we can only hope that you lurk here still in spirit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- BlitzGirl ---------
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:47 am UTC

Out.

PS. Is it bad that my text editor has more tabs than my browser?

--- 42guests, the One Who Left the Shadows
--- 2013-04-04T07:02:40Z/30T09:26:15Z
--- What does the sound of 42 people watching Time sound like?
Selecting new quote…

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:03 am UTC

--- XonqNopp, Senegal Tourist and First to Ask if Cuegan were Building a Noah's Ark
--- 2013-03-28 09:58 UTC - 2013-06-11 14:55 UTC
--- You left us for marital bliss: good call.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by ggh on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

StormAngel

Postby StormAngel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:10 am UTC

Here's an alternate ending to my previous OTThercomic:

--- IN MEMORIAM --------------------------------------------------------------
--- Wraithlord, Pope of the Ants
--- Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:38 pm to Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 am
--- You have my respect for surviving the RECKONING with your sanity intact*.
------------------------------ Ïa Ran'dall! Ïa Cthulhu! -------- StormAngel ---

*or is it? He has left, after all...

ETA
Wraithlord's profile wrote:Last visited: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:20 am UTC

Image Are you still lurking? Why not at least say hi?
I think there's little need to worry about causing T░░ E░░ by accidentally becoming Page Pope, if that's what you were worried about.
Last edited by StormAngel on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:22 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”