1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

cellocgw

Make Money Fast!

Postby cellocgw » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:59 pm UTC

I have no idea why I thought of this, but here's a sort-of math problem for some creative OTTer to solve.

Suppose we take all the time and CPU power used to post, create modded comic frames, write songs and stories, collect c^#&kies, etc., and assume it was all applied to generating BitCoins. How rich would we, as a group, be?

Just like in school, you have to show your work. :twisted: . But major bonus points for creativity in your analysis.
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

azule
Saved

Re: Sandcastle Builder

Postby azule » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:06 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Decree: suggest stuff you'd like in Sandcastle Builder (try to keep suggestions short though).

I'm not sure what to "wish for" because it would be cool to discover surprises as I play. Having said that, the following:
I like the idea of generic molpy, with specifics being "prizes" won, whatever that means.
Sand is money/points.
Special sandcastles are trophies/rewards.
Time machines actually make sense in this version (what connection do they have in the Cookies version?).
You get to hire Beanies (not grandmothers).

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Neil_Boekend

Re: Sandcastle Builder

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:20 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Decree: suggest stuff you'd like in Sandcastle Builder (try to keep suggestions short though).

I'd like to see Lucky attacks, which you can fend off with trebuchets.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 pm UTC

@BlitzGirl - Love the saw of the chain pic! And mscha, I've been enjoying the NewONGs. Nice manip by patzer too. :)

BlitzGirl wrote:This might be a trick...goading me to respond... Hmm. For now, just watch this gif until it gets to the end of the chain: Image
You know what's treeish? Each of those links is different. They form a pattern, but I haven't quite figured out what it means yet.

higgs-boson wrote:Regarding the cookies - by the same author, has put some years on:
Genesis
Interesting. Played with it. Will come back to it. (Uh-oh)

SBN wrote:"Users browsing this forum: SBN and 47 guests"
You have to read that as "Users browsing this forum: SBN and 47 OTTers in disguise, watching your every move, just waiting to pounce or pun."
Or perhaps "Users browsing this forum: SBN and 47 OTTers baking c**kies for so long they timed out on the OTT".

azule wrote:
Spoiler:
Image and
Cool! Quite treeish!

@mrob27 - Love the RHTF format! Is that done with a php preprocessor? You upload RHTM, the php program spits out HTML?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:50 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
SBN wrote:"Users browsing this forum: SBN and 47 guests"
You have to read that as "Users browsing this forum: SBN and 47 OTTers in disguise, watching your every move, just waiting to pounce or pun."
Or perhaps "Users browsing this forum: SBN and 47 OTTers baking c**kies for so long they timed out on the OTT".
Jose

Yeah, it was probably that last one.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Tatiana

Re: This is heresy. Wait for it.

Postby Tatiana » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:53 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Tatiana wrote:I've been trapped as well. Its hard to coma knowing how many golden cookies I'll miss the while. I'm up to 323 MCps and have unlocked every upgrade. i have 100 of every building except portals (98) and time machines (only 73). I'm going for 200 cursors but so far I only have 177. I keep pausing every few seconds in whatever else I'm doing to hunt for golden cookies. This game thingy is particularly traplike to otters, with our training in waiting for it. Don't start this game, anyone who is still free of it! I can't stress that strongly enough! The OTT could grind to a complete halt whilst we all wait for golden cookies in another window.

GoldenCookiesBot!
javascript: setInterval(function() {if(Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)Game.goldenCookie.click();}, 100);

I love this idea! Thanks, Eternal Density! But I'm so ignorant I don't know how to implement it. How do I make this run?
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

waveney

Re: This is heresy. Wait for it.

Postby waveney » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm UTC

Tatiana wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Tatiana wrote:I've been trapped as well. Its hard to coma knowing how many golden cookies I'll miss the while. I'm up to 323 MCps and have unlocked every upgrade. i have 100 of every building except portals (98) and time machines (only 73). I'm going for 200 cursors but so far I only have 177. I keep pausing every few seconds in whatever else I'm doing to hunt for golden cookies. This game thingy is particularly traplike to otters, with our training in waiting for it. Don't start this game, anyone who is still free of it! I can't stress that strongly enough! The OTT could grind to a complete halt whilst we all wait for golden cookies in another window.

GoldenCookiesBot!
javascript: setInterval(function() {if(Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)Game.goldenCookie.click();}, 100);

I love this idea! Thanks, Eternal Density! But I'm so ignorant I don't know how to implement it. How do I make this run?

580MCps, Every upgrade apart from Quintillion Fingers, 176 Cursors, 173 grandmas.... 85 Tme Machines. The next purchase will be my 118th mine.

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: Beacon Alpha for Time Travelers

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

karhell wrote:Karhell's wanderings
1003rd mile of a 1430 mile journey

I wander the aftermath of the millenni-party (at least no one seems to have gotten drunk this time ^^).
Looking up from the interesting posts and remnants of cake, I see this :
AluisioASG wrote:
ATTENTION TIME TRAVELERS (BLITZERS, KETCHUPERS, MAYOS ET AL.)

Ah! A great light to put me back on track.

ChronosDragon wrote:Uh oh, have I gone evil? This may be grounds for a debasement of character suit. Although, she is getting a little punsaw-happy these days...maybe it's time for a new chain of command. ;)

Surely it is. Where is Vytron?
(Don't worry BlitzGirl, reinforcements have been sent.)

SBN wrote:
higgs-boson wrote:Hum... Did. You ever catch yourself by surprise while shopping for an Apocalype?
... Why do I need dynamo-driven flashlights, or emergency-Food packs?

This Time-Comic thing did indeed have influence on my sanity.

Dynamo-driven flashlights are great for kids to play with, but not to sleep with, because they are loud. They also have some use in finding other flashlights, but the ones I have don't cast enough light to do much else. If you knew when and why you would need the emergency preparations, you'd probably need them less, because you'd just avoid the emergency.

I have a solar-powered flashlight here. It almost made me blind from my only remaining eye.

Tatiana wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

GoldenCookiesBot!

Code: Select all

Anything but Chrome: paste on the address bar and press Return.
Chrome: press F12, then go to the Console, the paste it and press Return (but remove javascript: first).
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:53 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:All right, just added a mustard-ton of images to the Time Artwork page on the wiki. If there's any art missing (basically anything that isn't OTC-newpix manips or OTTercomics), feel free to add it. The table looks kind of messy to me, but it does have sortable columns, which is pretty treeish. What do y'all think? Could the page do with more division/organization or is it fine as-is?

Wow! Impressive! How long did this take take?

A propos: I finally quit the evil c**kies, even before I reached the Awakening. It is just too time consuming and (paradoxically) unproductive. It is much more fun - though less compulsive - to hack at the code of the Database. Mhm... maybe I should add some gameplay for adding new ottifications with upgrades and otters to buy....
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

WOnder93

Postby WOnder93 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:53 pm UTC

Quest progress: 1000/1431 pages

Woooo! I made it to page 1000! And I passed my first two signposts!

Here, have this signpost cake to celebrate:
Spoiler:

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and sigcouragement you left for me and other blitzers!
BTW, I noticed in mscha's sig that there are some new frames after the end of Time (or it does loop after all...)! It seems I have much to look forward to :)

In my present, the looong night has ended and Cuegan are ready to continue with clear goal:
Megan wrote:Ok. We get to the top. We look for people.

Obligatory Markov chains:
Spoiler:
No Molpy activity once they ' re a crew of skydivers .

I ' ll look at the best hamburger ever .

Cakes are fun and often impressive (...)

Man , now I am an idiot blind posting from a BlitzGirl who is a Time when it was spelled Vythron - And yeah , I can remember some kind of helped start this leg from the machine that could be the cobbled road .

I find it in the construction than the child between them .

Original song link is definitely an enormous beach full of seagulls .

Maybe it ' s people are out for us to give a chirp !

But I ' d like to share out a fallacy but then I wouldn ' t listen to all !

I have not been revealed that Randall is lurking on this short-cut .

Maybe we could possibly be in the head .

yes from the OTT is now being spread across xkcd ' s some cake .

Here he edits-sends message from a resident moon and a page And I ' m sure the dream was of Tatar background .

Some aspect of programming as a molpything ?

1 Pronoun deduced from waiting for it .

The fangs act as if this has already tried that to have killed you .

A long whitish hand could be in real life gets involved in the dark stripe remains in the orange text is still an ex-Loopist .

Also , am I going to start a beef with you .

mwahahaaha your bbcodes are going to bed .

He has just massively trolled us , here ' s other name you Cardinal peanut butter cups , or the minority in that other Chaos is afoot ?

First I found myself in the OTT ever be to counter balance a close by , and that ' s neat , and in the constellation Gemini , which has been playing with legos .

I remember this post as since it ' s not just Mediterranean ones .

But now he ' ll try not to mention semencaffeinecancerbabiesonice , and thought of a sand dune can be explained on the xkcd .

Adventure ' s coming for you , Time .

Give them a cupcake treat mustard and ketchup , too treeishlyworshipping with Meg and Cue .

I just had a heart as fiery as her posts and then BANG new revelation , if this seems tude , but now I ' d expect re-watching the progression of vegetation which lie ahead .

Actually , they ' re taking the day 1 of N dimensional space can be only one who escaped from his server a bit with the OTC : Megan knows her way back , even those one character .

Glacial dams can burst , but I just don ' t remember whether that thing makes me think of it .

I have a problem .

That summary verges on deserving an internet * Nah , Sodium ( Na ) does .

At least this made sense , she be given the progress and appreciate female contribution to this kind of tension ( and laces ) .

A long dragged out a few times a week hike with only 8 newpix or three machine language ) , because Mrs Smith yelling , " computer number " does not imply reading it , StratPlayer .

The sea can do it myself but it won ' t share it with an axe ?

Measured the normal custom be to build a small population of introduced squirrels .

1 more pint of blood loss and will Blitzsprint back to warnings of 9-12 potential ninja posts both above agreements .
The OTT via Markov chain generator wrote:I've been following the thread to be lost.
Time created Cueball and Megan and says, Well, it's research.

On my quest to catch up with the Present - progress
The Sky of Time || OTT plaintext scraper || Userscript: floating user profile

Vytron
Location: The Outside. I use She/He/Her/His/Him as gender neutral pronouns :P

Postby Vytron » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:05 pm UTC

- Blindpost NP1400 -

Hey everyone! I've loved the content of all y'all, and, I wouldn't want to go into details, for fear of forgetting to mention someone, but it's been seamencoffeezing all around!

For this special occasion I bring you another Past Present!
Spoiler:

Also, people have been using words of naughty parts at these times, but I don't think a picture of them has actually been posted.

Until now.

Behold, the Hydnora Africana! (NSFW)

Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:31 pm UTC

Yay! Heretical 200th, Vytron!
Spoiler:
(According to google, this cake is heretical. It must not be made of semencoffeecancerbabies)

Remember when we thought this was a joke that would resolve on April 1?
Remember when we had no patience for entropy?
Remember when we weren't baking chirping cookies the whole time?

ETA:
BlitzGirl wrote:All right, just added a mustard-ton of images to the Time Artwork page on the wiki.

Neat!
He/Him/His Image

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:44 pm UTC

What with all the cookies, this thread is starting to get annoyingly (and possibly dangerously) off-topic. Idea: start another thread somewhere else on the forum if you want to discuss Cookie Clicker. It's not at all connected to an xkcd comic, so it really doesn't belong in this subforum. I don't want to see this thread sliced apart, and when this many of the posts are completely off topic, that might actually happen.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:46 pm UTC

Happy 200th Vytron!

Wowterful present present!
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:59 pm UTC

Yay, another Heretical Comic™! Fun reminder about the Madness, those were some good times... :D

And happy 200th, Vytron!

ETA: That awkward moment when you bake the exact same cake as the person above you...

HES

Postby HES » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:17 pm UTC

The OTT wrote:Man , now I am an idiot blind posting from a BlitzGirl who is a Time when it was spelled Vythron - And yeah , I can remember some kind of helped start this leg from the machine that could be the cobbled road .

Superb.

@Chronos - that's what happens when you outsource your baking to internet corporations. It's all about profit margins for them :wink:
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

PRANCONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:00 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

Brilliant drawing, BG! Bloody scary, but brilliant.

Eternal Density wrote:Okay how about just Molpies and then the subtypes can be names of upgrades to Molpies?

Whichever you think is best along with the other suggestions you get. I have yet to blitz and get the full context of how the animal kingdom within the OTC got named, but just based on the Wiki I imagine it started with unidentified pixel changes in the grass that were tentatively called an animal (a mole? compasaurus? m*stard? ... let's see... yeah it's all on newpage 621) and then specific animals were identified later. Of course, birds came before molpies.

So yeah, if it was up to me I'd follow the canon of the OTC very closely, which means start with the sparrow-raptor (newpage 598, then molpy, and then various upgrades to get the more specific (and perhaps more interesting) animals like the beesnake and pricklymolp.

I'll be starting my Quest very soon (in fact, it may be almost time to precharge the TARDIS) and I'll be making notes of these animal sightings during my long blitz.

BlitzGirl wrote:All right, just added a mustard-ton of images to the Time Artwork page on the wiki. (...)

Pretty impressive :D I'll be logging a lot of fan art on my megablitz, so I'll have a list I can double-check against.

patzer wrote:I am currently trying to break [this nyan cat record]

Whoa. I only got to 4:32, or about 16320 nyans, but it was on headphones. Amazingly, I haven't heard the tune in my head since closing the video.

AluisioASG wrote:Anything but Chrome: paste on the address bar and press Return.
Chrome: press F12, then go to the Console, the paste it and press Return (but remove javascript: first).

In Chrome without using the console: copy everything except the "j" at the beginning of "javascript". Go to the address bar, type "j", then Paste, then Enter. Try it with this non-c**kie example: javascript:alert('Molpy Molpy Molpy Graaaapeviiine!!');
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Molpy up!

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 pm UTC

@azule: Treeish OTTercomic!
@Vytron: Happy 200! Thanks for the Past Present!
@Wonder93: Awesomeful Markov chains! These are my five favorite:
WOnder93 wrote:No Molpy activity once they ' re a crew of skydivers .
Give them a cupcake treat mustard and ketchup , too treeishlyworshipping with Meg and Cue .
I have a problem .

The molpies have become skydivers? No wonder I haven't seen them around much lately...must be going after the sparrow-raptors.

HES wrote:Today in OTTers on the outside...

I would watch this TV show. :D

Sciscitor wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:All right, just added a mustard-ton of images to the Time Artwork page on the wiki. If there's any art missing (basically anything that isn't OTC-newpix manips or OTTercomics), feel free to add it. The table looks kind of messy to me, but it does have sortable columns, which is pretty treeish. What do y'all think? Could the page do with more division/organization or is it fine as-is?

Wow! Impressive! How long did this take take?

I'm not sure - quite some Time. I actually used Kieryn's Thread Images page to find the images - it was enormously helpful, though it took ch*rping forever to load because it was so seaish. I'm more afraid of the OTC Manips wiki page...for every one image that would fit on Time Artwork, it felt like there were three that would go in the manips.

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:53 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

Brilliant drawing, BG! Bloody scary, but brilliant.

Indeed. This is one of the best OTT-related artworks I've seen, definitely one of my favorites.
mrob27 wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Okay how about just Molpies and then the subtypes can be names of upgrades to Molpies?

Whichever you think is best along with the other suggestions you get. I have yet to blitz and get the full context of how the animal kingdom within the OTC got named, but just based on the Wiki I imagine it started with unidentified pixel changes in the grass that were tentatively called an animal (a mole? compasaurus? m*stard? ... let's see... yeah it's all on newpage 621) and then specific animals were identified later. Of course, birds came before molpies.

So yeah, if it was up to me I'd follow the canon of the OTC very closely, which means start with the sparrow-raptor (newpage 598, then molpy, and then various upgrades to get the more specific (and perhaps more interesting) animals like the beesnake and pricklymolp.

The concept of higher-level upgrades being objects/creatures with a larger presence is nice. Raftcastle should definitely be second or third from the top, at least. I think it might be a good idea to replace Gr*ndmas with either Beanies or members of Megan and Cueball's group, or else start with one group of people and have the upgrades be other groups of people that appear. Perhaps Cueball, then Cueball and Megan, then the Hill People, then the Beanies, then the Twenty, and have the Forty be the top level?
Maybe the equivalent for Golden C**kies could be comets?
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

BlitzGirl

Re: Time: "1190"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

Thanks, HAL and mrob! :)

azule wrote:comONGless
I forgot I wouldn't be able to understand Rosetta.....

Rosetta: "[Question]?"
Amtoo: "Safeword!"
Rosetta: "Panther Salve?"
Beanette: "Yes."
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Philip Thomas

Postby Philip Thomas » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

Vytron wrote:- Blindpost NP1400 -

Hey everyone! I've loved the content of all y'all, and, I wouldn't want to go into details, for fear of forgetting to mention someone, but it's been seamencoffeezing all around!

Spoiler:

Also, people have been using words of naughty parts at these times, but I don't think a picture of them has actually been posted.

Until now.

Spoiler:

Wow. My magical summoning powers actually work! :shock:
"There is nothing illegal about being Evil. Some of our best lawyers are Evil" Nicetas, Imperial Commentaries

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

Philip Thomas wrote:
Spoiler:

Until now.

Anything is possible on the OTT! Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 pm UTC

For those fearing the c**kie-ocalypse, it does seem that mentions of it are more sporadic. When I dropped in last time, after being gone about two wips, the whole page was about c**kies and I didn't know where the chirp I was. But this quote, while ostensibly off-topic, I re-post here because I think it really captures the essence of the OTT (un-spoilered to reiterate Tatiana's warning):

AluisioASG wrote:
Tatiana wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

GoldenCookiesBot!

So, we have OTTers that are clever enough to write this script and generous enough to share it with other OTTers. And we have other other OTTers who are willing to jump in and give help to OTTers who need it. (I see mrob27 also posted an answer. mrob, was that example you posted supposed to do something? For me it didn't.) It's this kind of thing that makes the OTT special. I've also learned some things, like, that my MacBook doesn't have actual function keys, and that you can turn them on in System Prefs. Never knew that, or that you can open a javascript console where you can put in your own code. (Hey, did you notice the...) These are just some of the reasons I love the OTT. (Also, I've tripled my Golden Cookies while OTTing.)

Wonder93, congrats on making it to page 1000! Those Markov chains were hilarious. Some of my faves:
Wonder93 wrote:Original song link is definitely an enormous beach full of seagulls . (Was the song by Flock of Seagulls?)

Also , am I going to start a beef with you .

I have a problem .

BlitzGirl, thanks for your Wiki work! And that picture of you with the chainsaw is scarily treeish. I'll be sure avoid any pun-making. It's a shame, because I had a pun in the oven. (ba-dump).

Ah, so much easier to type with two hands! Until just now I had only one hand free because my other hand was trapped under my meowlpy. But, she's agreed to release me from my task of petting her long enough to finish this post. So, in another installment of OTTers in the Outside, this wipend I went to see Northwestern play at UC Berkeley. First time on that campus. My friend remarked that it was really tree-y. I said no, it's treeish, then explained (briefly, because we were walking up this really really really long hill) about the OTT. A fee minutes later I said, yeah, this place is tree-y. and he corrected me to "treeish." :D

OK, better take my meowlpy out for a walk. Keep it tree-ish, y'all.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Nopixly OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:10 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:BlitzGirl, thanks for your Wiki work! And that picture of you with the chainsaw is scarily treeish. I'll be sure avoid any pun-making. It's a shame, because I had a pun in the oven. (ba-dump).
I regret having to do this since you just paid me a wingish compliment, but it must be done: Image

Something to do? Yes, there's an OSH! There's an OSH to be solved, b'gosh, b'gosh:
OSH

This is a beesnake.
What newpix is it from?
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

Philip Thomas wrote:

Have you now passed them to Vytron?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Philip Thomas

Postby Philip Thomas » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:20 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Philip Thomas wrote:

Have you now passed them to Vytron?

Possibly. We'll known when one of two things happen
a) I try to summon someone and it doesn't work
b) Vytron tries to summon someone and it does work.

The likelihood of either seems remote at this point. But stranger things have happened in the OTT!
"There is nothing illegal about being Evil. Some of our best lawyers are Evil" Nicetas, Imperial Commentaries

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 pm UTC

ucim wrote:@mrob27 - Love the RHTF format! Is that done with a php preprocessor? You upload RHTM, the php program spits out HTML?

Oh, Randall no! No PHP. No server-side anything. Everything happens on my own machine (with Perl scripts). That's crucial! It allows me to get work done without having an internet connection. I write RHTF and add images, etc. Background daemons turn it all into HTML with anchor cross-links, images converted to progressive JPG, and all the rest, and puts the results in another directory which is a local mirror of the web server. Other bots watch for when I have internet access and upload any changed files to the server (using expect and sftp) as soon as they get a chance.

I do have a little PHP for my RIES query because it's active content, and there's an SQL database that serves as a cache for recent and popular queries. But eeeeeverythng else on mrob.com is static content as far as the server is concerned.

lmjb1964 wrote:I see mrob27 also posted an answer. mrob, was that example you posted supposed to do something? For me it didn't.

Huh. I have Chrome 29.0.1547.62, on a Snow Leopard Mac, and I can type "j" then paste "avascript:whatever" in the address bar and it runs the Javascript. My example makes an alert pop up that says, "Javascript Alert / Molpy Molpy Molpy Graaaapeviiine!!'" So I dunno what happened for you... But sure, use F12 and open the console (or on a Mac, View > Developer > JavaScript Console), and then, well,
Evil C**kie Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

waveney

Re: Nopixly OSH

Postby waveney » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:34 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Something to do? Yes, there's an OSH! There's an OSH to be solved, b'gosh, b'gosh:
OSH

This is a beesnake.
What newpix is it from?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

That's correct! Awesomeful osh-hunting! :mrgreen: (And treeish new molprangutan avatar!)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Molpy barely up

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That's correct! Awesomeful osh-hunting! :mrgreen: (And treeish new molprangutan avatar!)
AluisioASG wrote:
Tatiana wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:GoldenCookiesBot!

It worked fine for me in chrome but opera mobile is no good (it searches) which means no shortcut taking on my phone :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:01 pm UTC

rONG:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:30 pm UTC

MOVIEMAKONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:48 pm UTC

The mechanics of stick-figure pregnancy and birth are disturbing to me. I really should stop thinking about this.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:BlitzGirl, thanks for your Wiki work! And that picture of you with the chainsaw is scarily treeish. I'll be sure avoid any pun-making. It's a shame, because I had a pun in the oven. (ba-dump).
I regret having to do this since you just paid me a wingish compliment, but it must be done: Image

:D So worth it.

BlitzGirl wrote:The mechanics of stick-figure pregnancy and birth are disturbing to me. I really should stop thinking about this.

Great. Now I'm thinking about it. :|

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:The mechanics of stick-figure pregnancy and birth are disturbing to me. I really should stop thinking about this.

I was not thinking about it at all until you mentioned it.

Gee, thanks :shock:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm UTC

I think the worst part is just how large the heads are in proportion to the rest of the stick-figure body.

You're welcome.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

The next chapter of <untitled> is almost ready (~400 words). Includes a thorough description of BlitzGirl. doo da da doo doo do-de-doo doo
Selecting new quote…

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I think the worst part is just how large the heads are in proportion to the rest of the stick-figure body.

Not helping.

AluisioASG

Doo da da doo doo do-de-doo doo

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 pm UTC

Oh well, I'll be goat, but whatever.

It's a funny story. You may even not believe it, but I assure you it's true. It happened just this morning. I had gone into the woods to hunt, as usual, when I heard the sound of something coming. Its steps were loud as those of an elephant, yet fast paced as those of a leopard; and its screeches made me more fearful of it than of a lion.
Whatever that thing was, I surely didn't want it to meet me, so I hid in a nearby bush.

What I saw, however, was unlike any kind of war beast; more like an unusual kind of horse indeed, or perhaps not a horse at all¹. But its rider… oh, its rider was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen… the sun shining through her dark brown hair²… and her curves… ah, her curves!³

She suddenly stopped right in front of me and stood still for a couple minutes, as if transfixed by something. I looked and all I saw was a moth. Nothing
really interesting.

Then, for my surprise, the moth started to talk. It was clear that the voice wasn't from the moth itself, but it was being transmitted through it. The voice told the woman that her enemies were growing in power, to which she replied that her army would soon be back and they would stop being a problem.

That conversation reminded me of the legend of the Blitzrandir and her Missing Molpy Army. But if that was indeed what they were talking about, then that would be… the Blitzrandir herself! I could barely contain my excitement; however, I didn't want to know the consequences of they finding out I was there.

The moth said that ages ago, the Molpy Army would have been enough. Now, however, her enemies had the help of a new, very powerful ally, whom would easily send her army into oblivion. The Blitzrandir, with her insurance policy torn apart before her, asked what to do. Before she could get a reply, the moth simply vanished into thin air; however, and that's what's more strange, is that her voice could still be heard, saying:
The Moth wrote:You know what to do. You've always known what to do. It's in your blood.

¹ Doo da da doo doo do-de-doo doo
² Doo da da doo doo do-de-doo doo
³ This song reminds me of an old Superman TV episode where the villain tries to hypnotize people with a never-ending “wait for it” TV continuity.
Selecting new quote…

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”