1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:03 pm UTC

Yeah, Molpies is a tricky boosts to get, but it will happen! :) All you have to do is
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

rONG:

Edit:
Optional decree:
What is your favorite line of dialogue in the OTC?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

BlindPosting from 626
Cheered by Sigcouragement from AluisioASG, Earthling on Mars and TheMinim.

Hoping for more of old-timey-wimey detective from ChronosDragon.

Very tempted to stray from my straight path from the past to see future readings from "Acts of the Clerics."
Jose, you have my thanks and admiration.

I've made it to 626/1454
I shall reach the end.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 pm UTC

NP1434
Exodies wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:I think the worst part is just how large the heads are in proportion to the rest of the stick-figure body.

You're welcome.

S'easy - turn the head 90 degrees and it becomes a stick. Just drops out.

Eh?
Spoiler:
Megan turns her head several different ways. At no point does it become a stick.

NP1435
HES wrote:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:I've never made any unnecessary purchases. All that crap I have in my house that I haven't used or looked at for years is very very very important.

Yes. It is absolutely essential that I have all the screws from a dismantled PS2 - I might need them some day!
My old phones that are slightly broken but still work sort of kinda ish? I might need them some day!
The purple frilly thing that was round my chair at the Christmas Formal two years ago? I might need it some day!
You get the point

Indeed! The floppy disks under my desk are quite necessary, even though I don't have a computer with a floppy drive.

NP1437
azule wrote:Image

Page Pope. As a guy, with page power, I declare Vytron to be BlitzGirl The Zeroeth, or Vytron the Vytron. Whichever is more acceptable. Reasons are presented in the PastPages of our past. As Pope, this applies for as long as I can get away with, either for the breadth of this page, or for longer. ^_^

BlitzGirl Primordial. Sounds much better than "Zeroeth". Also applies to RobIrr.

And...

*boing*

*thump*

That's the sound of me leaping from NP 1437 to NP 1453. I wasn't able to ketch up even from just 11 NPs behind. Somebody said awhile back that there's just not the same motivation to keep up anymore with no more newpix from the One True Author. That's how it is with me too. So, I jumped ahead again to the last two pages. Not sure how much I'll be keeping up from now on. I do have other things to do. No, no need for ropes; I'm not leaving. Yet.

Anyways...

HES wrote:Ninjad, as I suspected I would be, by patzer - but with one step to the left.

Spoiler:

xkcd.com/1262

You know, I'm finding many of these OTThercomics more poignant than the originals. In this case probably just because I haven't seen Star Wars. But also this one. I care about Megball's castle much more that I care about some extinct bee. That would, of course, be different if someone made a long-running comic about the bee's colony escaping from a flood.

Enjoying mrob's blitzposting style.

For mome: My favorite line of dialogue is "Want to find out?" I believe this is the third time I've said that.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:00 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Indeed! The floppy disks under my desk are quite necessary, even though I don't have a computer with a floppy drive.

Which is exactly why I have a floppy drive stuffed in a box somewhere.
What I don't have is an 8 inch drive for my old Terak floppies from college. Too bad, they've got some good stuff on them.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 pm UTC

@everyone who posted anything. I see you all. I love you all. Raptorish wipend but it's nice to come back to 6 NPs of your posts. xoxo Image

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:
azule wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
ggh wrote:Congratulations on your 1000th! I can't wait to see what you do for 1024.

Well, nothing. Since as I'm one of the few OTTers who isn't a mathsy computer/video game geek in the slightest, powers of 2 (I actually had to look up why it was significant) aren't as exciting to me :P

FTFY

I really wanted to do that, but didn't. :mrgreen:
Huh? Explain?

The significance of the number 1024 is mostly a computer thing. While it is related to binary, that doesn't make it a mathsy thing... hence azule's "FTFY" comment. See, there are actually 1,024 bytes in a kilobyte. Not 1,000. (1024KB in 1 MB. 1024MBs in 1 GB, etc etc) So hard drives and memory are measured in powers of 2 thus making 1024 a computery number. I probably did a terrible job at explaining that but there you go. :P

AluisioASG wrote:We could have otters entering questions and answers about them, approved and sent to the main database upon proof that that (is this grammatically correct?) information is present in the OTT. When playing, questions would come from randomly selected otters, to avoid stalking.

Yep! It sure is. You could always switch it up to something such as: "and sent to the main database upon proof that the aforementioned information is present in the OTT." But what you said makes perfect English sense.

BlitzGirl wrote:In RELATED c**kie news, a ch*rpload of British biscuits have been added to the Upgrades section. British biscuits...now who does that remind me of...

Probably that guy who says shhhhhh-edule. :mrgreen:

ergman wrote:Hi everyone! I'm back again!

Welcome back, ergman! This cupcake is just for you.
Spoiler:

lmjb1964 wrote:Say, whatever happened to Latent22? Did he just disappear after his Lucky story ended?

I had every intention of asking this same question during my ketchup, but I see you beat me to it. I was thinking about him this morning (ok, that sounds creepy.. but it's b/c of the OTVO project) and wondering where he'd run off to. :|

pelrigg wrote:Just because here's an OTTcolor for y'all (from M2298):
Spoiler:

Wow, pelrigg, wow. That is chirping beautiful. :D

ggh wrote:I just made some mediocre-at-best cookies in real life. They were for my wee girl on her first birthday. If any of you have any pretty cakes lying around, could you throw some her way? (don't throw them hard - she'll cry). Then someday when she's old enough to understand, I can show her the neat virtual party she had. :)

Happy 1st Birthday, baby ggh!! :mrgreen: Since cupcakes are my thing... here's one just for her.

--------

About the sandcastle clicker game. I don't get it. @jovialbard's suggestions on c**kie clicker helped tremendously (I haven't clicked the cookie a single time and in a very short period I finally hit several million CpS, something I never did when I originally tried to play.) But with sandcastle clicker, how do I get it to generate stuff on its own so I can leave it up in the background? I do not want to sit there and click.. so I feel like I'm missing something.

For the MOME:
because I'm dirty
M175
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Indeed! The floppy disks under my desk are quite necessary, even though I don't have a computer with a floppy drive.

I almost bought a floppy drive, even though I don't have any disks. Only reason I didn't was that all my SATA ports were taken up with "more important" things.

Momey musings:
Namely cueball's line
He/Him/His Image

Montov

Postby Montov » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm UTC

I encountered this song recently, anyone ottified it already? :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:27 pm UTC

Yum! Thanks, Valrya!
And I think my favorite line from the OTC is:
This place is ending and it's time to leave. So creepy, so ominous!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

GARAGONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Hope everyone had a good wipend :)

My favorite line is "It can do whatever it wants. It's the sea."

Also newslide.

ETA: Also noticed Valarya is about to hit 800 posts. Congrats in advance in case I miss it! :)

Have a cupcake, but watch out for the shark though:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kieryn on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:34 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:About the sandcastle clicker game. I don't get it. @jovialbard's suggestions on c**kie clicker helped tremendously (I haven't clicked the cookie a single time and in a very short period I finally hit several million CpS, something I never did when I originally tried to play.) But with sandcastle clicker, how do I get it to generate stuff on its own so I can leave it up in the background? I do not want to sit there and click.. so I feel like I'm missing something.

Buy things and let them help you.

Buckets and cuegans dig a lot of sand. (Also true of Flags and ladders not that I have any yet)

Newpixbots make castles for you (as long as you don't click when their timer is running)

Trebuchets, and Scaffold also make castles for you - but keep enough castles so that they can work (2 castles per Trebuchet for example).

Boosts - most are worth getting, but if they appear hard - wait and do other things.

Otherwise spend the castles where you get the best Sand/mNP/Castles.

Things will slowly get better and expand.

Currently I am at Newpix 84 - I get 190 sand/mNP, have 280 castles, 30 Buckets, 14 Cuegans, 11 Newpixbots, 8Trebuchets, 2 Scaffolds and a Wave. I have 12 Boosts and I am now saving up for my second wave.

It is unnecessry to click much at all, other than once per Newpix after the Newpixbots have delivered.

(In C**kie clicker - 1.8GCpS - all upgrades and achievements - about to give up as it has become boring)

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:36 pm UTC

HES wrote:I almost bought a floppy drive, even though I don't have any disks. Only reason I didn't was that all my SATA ports were taken up with "more important" things.

I have USB floppy drive for the rare (once a year) occassion when I need it.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Also noticed Valarya is about to hit 800 posts. Congrats in advance in case I miss it! :)

Have a cupcake, but watch out for the shark though:
Spoiler:

Thanks, Kieryn! Image

I think I'll save the penis and mustard jokes for my 1,000. That means you'll have to
Spoiler:

;)

mscha wrote:GARAGONGS...

I knew it!! When I saw them running out the gate I noticed they looked a bit Cueganish. And now, squeeee! They're building sandcastes. Image

Laser Plumb

Postby Laser Plumb » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:56 pm UTC

Mozel Tov on hitting 800, Valarya :)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 pm UTC

HES wrote:Image
xkcd.com/1262
Awesomeful! Works on two levels. *types with one donut-free arm*

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

azule wrote:
Valarya wrote:@azule: My turn, my turn!! I bring bribing treats:
Spoiler:
Mini PINK donut on a cupcake! You are evil. That is all.

Ok, fine. You are very outgoing but easily shied. You will maintain confidence as long as any dislike is not very apparent. You have your evil streak but you're very nice on the hole whole.

Missed this in my dastardly condiment fail when I tried to make Val's first-true-Blitz but quit halfway through. :P

But this deserves a reply because it's eerie. You hit the nail on the head there, azule. Even when the parts of myself that are embarrassing (I should have confidence no matter what people think/say) are displayed. Guess that means I'm showing Val's true face online. 8-)

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm UTC

@Valarya Damn you and your false spoiler! (I will fall for that every time) :lol: Yes, Sandcastle Builder (as I believe it is now officially titled) take much more time to accumulate sand and castles. It is that innate "wait for it" mentality that has been ingrained in us OTTers, I suppose. It does take a bit of clicking to get enough castles to really allow it to automate itself. Then it's about strategic buying and patience. Load of fun! :mrgreen: Happy 800!

Yea! Mini-Beanie's building sandcastles! :D

And great OTTifications by all, as per usual :)

ETA: @Kieryn I think your current slide would make for a pretty neat live wallpaper.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

mscha wrote:GARAGONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot

So that's where the final water level ended up? If, as had been previously speculated, the flag was the Beanies' estimate of the coast, they did a good job.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:50 pm UTC

*jump in*

Hi guys!

*click-jump out*
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

WOnder93

Re: Beacon Beta, Papal Decree

Postby WOnder93 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

Quest Progress: 1116/1455

AluisioASG wrote:
Time Travelers: Welcome to Beacon Beta.

Please report to the Future Present if you're more then 5 pages behind.

Beacon Beta reached!

Cuegan and their Beanie friends entered the castle (which looks pretty 4 inside) and are now meeting a long-haired woman (perhaps Beardo's secretary or actually Beardo "himself"?).

Replies:
Spoiler:
On page 1107, yappobiscuits wrote:I had some artistic urges, so here's a present present!
(Note: I made sure to include all the landmarks, but obviously things are very much not to scale.)
Seaish version.

*jaw drops* :shock: yappo, that is beautiful! I immediately set this as my wallpaper! Really awesome!

On page 1113, Ebonite wrote:
cellocgw wrote:Which reminds me of a cool puzzler you can use to mystify non-mathematicians (or perhaps convince them of your total nerdness). Here goes:
You're in Hell, and all you know is that at some future date (call it Aleph-Null Day), if you have enough money, you can buy your way out. The Devil gives you two choices. One: He arrives every day , adds ten $1 bills to the top of your stack of money, and removes three bills from the bottom. Two: he arrives every day, adds ten $1 bills to the top of your stack, then removes 6 bills from the top of the stack. Which option leaves you with more money on Aleph-Null Day?
:twisted:

As I was reading this, it started sounding all too familar. . .then I realized what non-mathematical problem this reminded me of.

You're reading this forum, and all you know is that at some future date (call it Aleph-Null Day), if you have enough Time, you can finally ketchup. The OTT gives you two choices. One: you login every day, find ten NP added to the front of the forum, and you ketchup three NP from the back. Two: you login every day, find ten NP added to the front of the forum, then read just the 6 newest NP from the front (planning to blitz the old pages later). Which option leaves you more likely to ketchup by Aleph-Null Day? :D

:lol: I hope I will reach my Aleph-Null Day someday...
The OTT via Markov chain generator wrote:I've been following the thread to be lost.
Time created Cueball and Megan and says, Well, it's research.

On my quest to catch up with the Present - progress
The Sky of Time || OTT plaintext scraper || Userscript: floating user profile

HES

Postby HES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

azule wrote:
HES wrote:
Spoiler:
Awesomeful! Works on two levels. *types with one donut-free arm*

:shock: you're so right.

um, I mean... yes. That is the way in which I had intended it.

@Valarya: 800 posts deserves 800 cupcakes. Though, don't eat them all yourself! Image
Spoiler:
He/Him/His Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:44 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:@Valarya Damn you and your false spoiler! (I will fall for that every time) :lol:

I also fall for it every single time and I giggle each time it happens, so I had to. :mrgreen: Mustardy redundakitties. Thanks for the info on sandcastle building. Guess I'll get to Waiting!!

Also thanks to everyone who wished me a happy 800. I was going to leave cupcakes for everyone, but HES beat me to it! Image

Ch*rp it. You can never have too many cupcakes. That is a total lie.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:57 pm UTC

azule wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
azule wrote:This is where it gets iffy.
It all seemed iffy to me.
[sarcasm]Thanks. :|[/sarcasm]
Spoiler for the less sensitive:
Spoiler:
I don't always need you guys to offer nice sentiments. Maybe, if you think something sucks, or is too odd to be appreciated, then maybe, say so. I can [probably] take it. Plus, they say without these comments/critiques I will not grow as an artist. Also, I feel a bit ignored...and well, being ignored feels worse than being told my crap sucks. I agree, the idea was minimal (but some of the best stuff is minimal), but that was intentional (for simplicity's sake), but I did spend a bit of effort to photomanip the comic. From moving and flipping each frame, to setting up the text and similar ways to the original, to re-engineering the blue lights to look original, to adding hair to the baby for the sake of consistency. I don't expect my effort in the details that no one should notice to be noticed, but at least tell me I did a bad job. I'd like this to be worth my time.

Sorry for the rant. I really probably mean this in some nicer said way. But if you guys were holding back on me just to be nice: know that that technique did not work. Otherwise: *shrug* me no comprehend.

Blindposting mid-ketchup to say: Noooo! Sad molpy is sad.
Spoiler:

It looks like others have ninja'd me and I see you're still posting, but I just want to say that I value ALL of your posts! I love your friendly attitude and your sense of humor, and every time I see your little ffoxy I just want to give it a hug. And your OTThercomic was great, and it was really clever doing it backwards like that. If I didn't comment on it earlier, I'm sorry. : (

Redundant:
Spoiler:
sad-redunda2.jpg
sad-redunda2.jpg (26.9 KiB) Viewed 13934 times
[
sad-molpy.jpg
sad-molpy.jpg (20.02 KiB) Viewed 13934 times

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Ch*rp it. You can never have too many cupcakes. That is a total lie.

bb_more.png
bb_more.png (7.13 KiB) Viewed 13928 times
He/Him/His Image

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 pm UTC

@Valarya Watch it, or the end result of all those cupcakes will be a loss of your girlish figure.

@HES I do not know about you, but if I ate more, I think the end result would either be a total inability to see what I am doing, from the vibration of my eyeballs as a result of the ensuing sugar rush, or some very colorful emesis.

That's a chirpin' lot 'o cupcakes!
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:55 pm UTC

Flado wrote:
Way back in the mists of Time, Marsh'n wrote:Edit for paradox:
If I am correctly your current location, Flado, you might catch up to this post at some point before I reach the present. If so, I would like to future/past request that the past/future Patriarch dismember me from the Western Paradox Church. I figure that someone who is no longer Patriarch is the (in)appropriate person to ask for such a (dis)favor. Thanks in retro-advance! And if you're no longer here, then perhaps I will retroactively declare myself the new old Patriarch. Though perhaps I should retire from the position before I take it.

We are the Western Paradox Church, but I had no idea our influence has expanded that far west as to reach Mars. Fitting, I'd say. Anyways, back in my day we used to cannonize people - which seems to be what you don't request here, since it invariably resulted in dismemberment - but then we ran out of cannons. Current management+ seems to favour trebuchetting and probably that's what you won't get - or, most likely, will not have gotten by the time I reach the end of this constantly growing slightly interactive book I'm reading on-line. Good luck - you have my curse.
---
+ BlitzGirl and Laura Mae June Bug

As Transcendental Imaginator, which I may or may not be, I move that Marsh'n, since xe is no longer posting, be trebucheted current past new old Patriach. This is a title xe will not have until such time as xe does or does not return to the OTT, at which point xe will have it until xe doesn't.

azule wrote:@ED - Ah..sketchy, that makes sense. Thanks.

For ggh:

Code: Select all

There once was a cookie in a jar
To ggh's girl it was a star
For her now to eat
Required her teeth
But only two had come in so far

:)

Great OTTercomics, waveney, HES, and cellocgw!

Red Hal! Good to see you!

Valarya wrote:About the sandcastle clicker game. I don't get it.
Spoiler:
@jovialbard's suggestions on c**kie clicker helped tremendously (I haven't clicked the cookie a single time and in a very short period I finally hit several million CpS, something I never did when I originally tried to play.) But with sandcastle clicker, how do I get it to generate stuff on its own so I can leave it up in the background? I do not want to sit there and click.. so I feel like I'm missing something.

I've been ninja'd on this, but the beautiful (and also frustrating) thing is the waiting for it. I use the same ADOS (attention deficit--ooh shiny!) approach I did with the heretical game. I didn't really have a strategy, just bought what I could when I could, tried not to ninja the newpixbots, and tried to be patient. Get some stuff and go away for a while, and you'll come back to more stuff. I left it running on my work computer over the wipend, and came back to over 10,000 castles! Now I have (for a past pagepope--tried to post my stats yesterdip but lost my internet):
12 buckets, 9 Cuegan, 5 flags, 3 ladders, 10 newpixbots and 4 of the other castle tools, and all available boosts. I think I'm starting to get the planning you need to do to use the castle tools. (I still don't understand is what happens with the wasted castles.) But I think what I love best about the game is how clever it all is. The names of the tools and boosts and badges. Some of them are hilarious. And while you're playing, you're watching the OTC again! What's not to love? But, especially after playing c**kies, it really does take some patience. You know,
Spoiler:
you people really can't stop clicking, can you?

Montov wrote:I encountered this song recently, anyone ottified it already? :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc

Montov, so good to see you again! That song has been brought up before. IIRC, it didn't need much changing to be OTTified.

TheMinim wrote:*jump in*

Hi guys!

*click-jump out*

Hi, Minim! Wait, where'd she go?

WOnder93 wrote:Quest Progress: 1116/1455
<snippers>Cuegan and their Beanie friends entered the castle (which looks pretty 4 inside) and are now meeting a long-haired woman (perhaps Beardo's secretary or actually Beardo "himself"?).

Replies:
On page 1107, yappobiscuits wrote:I had some artistic urges, so here's a present present!
Spoiler:
(Note: I made sure to include all the landmarks, but obviously things are very much not to scale.)
Seaish version.

*jaw drops* :shock: yappo, that is beautiful! I immediately set this as my wallpaper! Really awesome!

Fun re-living the mystery of "Beardo" through a blitzer's eyes! And I must have missed yappo's artwork earlier. Truly steakish!

For the pope: Others have mentioned some of my favorite lines,but when I read your decree, the first thing I thought of was "Facebug!" It just sounded like a word we would come up with.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Not sure how much I'll be keeping up from now on. I do have other things to do. No, no need for ropes; I'm not leaving. Yet.
Spoiler:
Other than that, it's treeish to have you back in the Present with us! :wink:

Valarya wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:In RELATED c**kie news, a ch*rpload of British biscuits have been added to the Upgrades section. British biscuits...now who does that remind me of...

Probably that guy who says shhhhhh-edule. :mrgreen:

Schedule, schedule... where is that waterottermolpy, by the way? I hope the awesomeful song didn't wear him out...

As for dialogue, one of my favorites is naturally:

The River is small!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Various replies

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

Woolpy Up!
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl wrote:@cellocgw: Treeish ottification! :D

Red Hal wrote:I know what "coma" and "molpy down" are, but what do they do in the game?

Those are the reset options. I don't exactly remember what part(s) of the game each one resets.
Both ask for confirmation before they do anything.

I'll see what I can do about downgrading or removing jQuery. It's only there because ChronosDragon used it to do the clock hand. Or I can possibly detect old IE and not do the clock there.

The answer to getting more sand is always to get more Sand Tools.

cameroda wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
TheMinim wrote:
cellocgw wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
So it goes (name the source of that!)

sounds like Vonnegut to me. SH5
When did I say that? I can't find it.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:23 pm UTC

The sea is big!

I'm going away tomorrow for the west of the wip, so in case I don't have a chance to check in before then I'll say a temporary BYE now:

ETA: The two Randall-Drawn-Panels are from 580
Last edited by HES on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:25 pm UTC

HES wrote:The sea is big!

I'm going away tomorrow for the west of the wip, so in case I don't have a chance to check in before then I'll say a temporary BYE now:

Awesomeful! I love your little hamply. Have a good trip. We'll miss you!

Oh, forgot to say re: my stats that I'm on np 196. If anyone's curious.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

ONGULATE...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ggh

Thanks for the presents/presence for my daughter!

Postby ggh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

Thanks, BlitzGirl, for the Wowterful cake! And the redundakitty was even extra treeish because her middle name has to do with the Night. :)

Azule - loved the poem, and she will too. I have a request, if you wouldn't mind doing so. Could you go back and edit, changing "two teeth" to "six teeth"? Then she will know that it was about her personally. :) How's your little doll doing? Did you ever believe time would go so quickly?

Valarya, cheers for the cupcake! I'll ask her to pretend that that's what she ate. Lovely!

ETA: For the pope - "Neat"
Last edited by ggh on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:10 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:33 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Schedule, schedule... where is that waterottermolpy, by the way? I hope the awesomeful song didn't wear him out...

I'm just putting together my ketchup post from my song-producing hiatus... but first: Today on OTTers in the Outside...

Today Iron SeaWolpy (i.e. me and the other guy in the band, I've probably mentioned we're really just a two-man project who occasionally rope in friends/mercenaries to help at gigs) were recording some acoustic session videos for the youtubes... and even though I've never explained about the OTT to him, he's gotten so used to me using OTTish words, that "mustard" has become a part of our own vocabulary, i.e. "That take was mustardy" or "there was some mustard in the second chorus." :P
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:Not sure how much I'll be keeping up from now on. I do have other things to do. No, no need for ropes; I'm not leaving. Yet.
Spoiler:
Other than that, it's treeish to have you back in the Present with us! :wink:

N-nice kitty.
Yes, it's good to be back, and...

...who's that browsing the forum?

Well, let's go to good ol' Google...

Wikipedia wrote:Majestic 12 (or MJ-12) is the supposed code name of an alleged secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials, formed in 1947 by an executive order by U.S. President Harry S. Truman. The purpose of the committee would be to investigate the recovery of a UFO north of Roswell, New Mexico during July 1947.

:shock:

Does the government think we're aliens?!

redundant
Spoiler:
majestic.png
majestic.png (4.71 KiB) Viewed 13810 times

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:47 pm UTC

*jump in*

Earthling on Mars wrote:Image

Well, let's go to good ol' Google...

Wikipedia wrote:Majestic 12 (or MJ-12) is the supposed code name of an alleged secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials, formed in 1947 by an executive order by U.S. President Harry S. Truman. The purpose of the committee would be to investigate the recovery of a UFO north of Roswell, New Mexico during July 1947.

:shock:

Does the government think we're aliens?!

Only the US government. Not other governments.

*click-jump out*
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:09 pm UTC

@Earthling on Mars: Eeek! A redunda-eyed-kitty! :shock:
@HES: Wowterful OTTercomic! We'll be here Waiting for your return. :)

yappobiscuits wrote:Today Iron SeaWolpy (i.e. me and the other guy in the band, I've probably mentioned we're really just a two-man project who occasionally rope in friends/mercenaries to help at gigs) were recording some acoustic session videos for the youtubes... and even though I've never explained about the OTT to him, he's gotten so used to me using OTTish words, that "mustard" has become a part of our own vocabulary, i.e. "That take was mustardy" or "there was some mustard in the second chorus." :P

Awesomeful. :D

More favorite dialogue - LaPetite's speech:

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Thanks, Randall, for leaving us a 11k-year gap to work with

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:11 pm UTC

Nothing. His sensors detected absolutely nothing. Only the most complete lifelessness.

He was getting sick of it.

@ED: IIRC both versions are compatible.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

FYI

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:14 pm UTC

I've seen Majestic-12 Bot a time or two before.
Also why didn't this post 1/3NP ago?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
Spoiler:

Gah!! That scared the mustard out of me when I opened it.. and then I laughed so hard.

Nice one, EoM. :P

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:21 pm UTC

I've seen a lot of comments about how slow the OTT has been lately. Since I haven't been contributing a whole lot recently, I thought I'd try my hand at giving everyone something interesting to do. How does a simple word search sound?

Redundant:
Spoiler:
OTT word search.PNG

This puzzle is very straightforward: it's a simple word search containing a number of OTT userids. All you have to do is find them all!

TO MAKE IT CHALLENGING: I won't immediately give you the list of names to search for. Let's see who can find the most just by looking. If you want to make it a competition, just post the number of names that you find, to make it a target for others to beat.

FOR THOSE WHO LIKE IT LESS CHALLENGING: wait a couple of days, and I'll post the list of names, but without the solution. Then it becomes a traditional word search.

A couple of comments:
  • I ignored upper case vs. lower case for the purpose of this puzzle.
  • I dropped spaces for the purpose of this puzzle. (So if your userid was "Great Lord Randall", it would appear as "GREATLORDRANDALL" in the grid.)
  • I did NOT ignore digits, underscores, periods, or hyphens.

Then: a Present. There are a handful of names/words that appear in the grid that are not OTTer names. You'll recognize them when you find them.

Finally: if you happen to find ALL the OTTer names, and if you happen to find all of the non-OTTer names, and if I didn't screw anything up, if you look carefully, you might notice a Present Present. :-)

Happy Searching!
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”