1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ggh

About that last crossword...

Postby ggh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:40 pm UTC

So I think I've got most of it done BlitzGirl, but I'm not so sure about 30 Down.
Spoiler:
I have BEE, but that seems like a whole flying insect, not just a half. Is that wrong?

Ooh Pope! I'd love to see you hide bags in your posts. The first person to spot anyone else's bag gets a point. Anyone whose bag remains undetected 'til the next page gets a point.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:32 pm UTC

tman2nd wrote::(
I wish I hadn't strayed from the OTT and missed the e*****of Time. :(

We don't speak of such things. Welcome back. Here's some ice cream:
BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, I should be counting down! Yikes.

Congratulations Blitzgirl!
Spoiler:
It's a cake, really. From http://www.amusingplanet.com/2010/05/incredible-cake-decorations-by-karen.html
"The Birkin handbag was a present from American actor and comedian Steve Harvey to his wife on her birthday after the real bag he ordered was delayed. At her party his wife screamed with excitement when she saw the cake, believing it to be real. And why not? Look at the leather texture. Unbelievable!"

lmjb1964 wrote:
SBN wrote:What kind of person is often perplexed by AluisioASG's posts?

heehee. I was going to tell Aluisio, I always get a kick out of your posts, but I sure don't always understand them! :mrgreen:

Fortunately, understanding not always required for enjoyment.
Instead of understanding, post contained enjoyment. Will keep reading.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:34 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Molpy.SandToolsOwnedMolpy+Molpy.CastleToolsOwned
instead of...
Shouldn't that be Molpy.SandToolsOwnedMolpyMolpyMolpy?

Stuck on 43 across... two possibilities for 40 down but neither helps.

Spoiler:
ImageOk, not as clever as hiding a beautiful assistant girl in a spoiler, but it could lead you on a treasure hunt. Where (in literature) can you find a beautiful assistant girl?
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 pm UTC

Amazingly appropriate cake for blitzgirl

ETA: The blog it comes from is one about "comic books and other news in film, television and geek culture."
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Eternal Density

Molpy Down

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:10 pm UTC

Whoops I broke a great ninja stealth streak because a generous redacted made me click without checking the time. Bother! Ain't good :(
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Ebonite

Re: 3000 Posts

Postby Ebonite » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

CrosswordBlitzGirlsLostIt.png

Keywords: BGUM 3000 three thousand postiversary redundakitty crossword blitzgirls lost it bag
redundakitty3000.png

BlitzGirl!

You never cease to amaze me. I return from coma and find not one, not two, but THREE crosswords. I don't know how you can generate so many puzzles so quickly. . .but thank you!

I completed "Exclamations!" pretty easily. "It's Also Big" took me awhile, but once I was able to identify the quotes, it came together fast. I'm still staring at one clue on "BlitzGirl's Lost It". Hopefully I'll figure it out before someone posts a spoiler and I'm tempted to peek. :-)

I don't know how long you'll be able to keep up this pace of puzzle generation, but I'm enjoying it!!
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 pm UTC

BlitzGirl.

What kind of person tries to get music legally these days?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:12 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
xkcd1262 meets np52

Image It's a real mscha! Not a newpixbot! Welcome back.

tman2nd wrote::( I wish I hadn't strayed from the OTT and missed the ending of Time. :(

Oh... oh no. :cry: It's OK, tman2nd. *pat pat* We're still here and the OTT is as awesome as ever. Welcome back.

ChronosDragon wrote:What kind of a person spends more than 10 hours sketching, drawing, coloring, and detailing a free commission for someone else's avatar?
Spoiler:
Someone who finds pleasure in drawing fantastical creatures that exist solely in their mind,
yet are born into the world for others to see through an electronic tablet

Beautiful preview, CD! Absolutely wowtreewow. Can't wait to see more!

BlitzGirl wrote:How about a crossword? This should be relatively simple for OTTers, and probably confusing for Outsiders. :wink:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:For pagepope, should be slightly tougher than the last one:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:3000 Posts
Spoiler:

Oh ch*rping.... Nope. Not getting ANYTHING done today. :P Absolutely molpyish and awesomeful, BlitzGirl. Three Crosswords for 3k posts! HAPPY 3,000!!!! Cupcakes for errr'body.

Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:16 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Amazingly appropriate cake for blitzgirl
Spoiler:
ETA: The blog it comes from is one about "comic books and other news in film, television and geek culture."

Of course it's appropriate! It's Mystery Science Theater 3,000 [MST3k]. Love those guys.

Sorry for the double post.

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm UTC

Blindposting from page 1424:

ucim wrote:BlitzGirl, that punsaw of yours is going to run out of gas one of these days... then what are you going to do?

I don't know but here's the appropriate t-shirt.

redundant
Spoiler:
surrounded_by_puns.jpg
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:27 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:Blindposting from page 1424:
ucim wrote:BlitzGirl, that punsaw of yours is going to run out of gas one of these days... then what are you going to do?

I don't know but here's the appropriate t-shirt.
Spoiler:
That shirt is Bagcellent!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:57 pm UTC

Oooh! I just got a RedundantKitty that gave me 23x Sand Rate for the next something, something. I didn't get a chance to read it all.

ETA: ... and then I lost it when I saved and refreshed. *Sadface*. So, either it was for only a few MiliNewPix or I lost something precious.
Last edited by Whizbang on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:59 pm UTC

Hi, everyone! Looks like I've got a few hundred pages of catching up to do, think I may just pretend I did :) I've been extremely busy for the last few weeks, this is only one of many things that I've let fall to the wayside lately... I probably wont be posting much for awhile still, but I'll be lurking here and there for awhile, it's nice to see (at least some of) y'all are still here!

Also, even though I read every post that I've missed1, what is this game I've seen referenced over the last few pages2? Something about javascript, and the latest version being broken. Sounds interesting...

1Sure I did!
2Ok, at least I read the most recent few pages...
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:23 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Amazingly appropriate cake for blitzgirl
Spoiler:

Of course it's appropriate! It's Mystery Science Theater 3,000 [MST3k]. Love those guys.

Sorry for the double post.

And MST 3000 of course has been mentioned here before... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3428790&hilit=Mystery+science+theater+3000#p3428790

Also #newslide
Image- Kieryn

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:29 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:#newslide"How long will the tilly last?"
Just long enough for the bogeyman to find you. Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Jose

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:33 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Valarya wrote:Words and nested quotes

And MST 3000 of course has been mentioned here before... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=3428790&hilit=Mystery+science+theater+3000#p3428790

And also here.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:42 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Image

When I saw this crosswords cupcakes pic, my first thought was Go due to the new Othercomic.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm UTC

Posting this now to avoid self-contradiction at some NP in the near future. After all, I won't know it's happened until after it does.

OTTers are fading all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go. The 13291 moon lights my way.
For now we've passed the E** of T***, and with it pain, and its NP fades away.
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...

Fade Away, And now's the NP, papal decree is now, to cease the ( [a-zA-Z]{1,}ong) .
I'm fadin' from the thread, I feel my desire, fade away.
I've been tryin' not to fade today, Fade Away,
Gotta find a new thread with my wolpies.
resume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:50 pm UTC

Happy 3000th post, BlitzGirl!
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:50 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:Hi, everyone! Looks like I've got a few hundred pages of catching up to do, think I may just pretend I did :) I've been extremely busy for the last few weeks, this is only one of many things that I've let fall to the wayside lately... I probably wont be posting much for awhile still, but I'll be lurking here and there for awhile, it's nice to see (at least some of) y'all are still here!

Also, even though I read every post that I've missed1, what is this game I've seen referenced over the last few pages2? Something about javascript, and the latest version being broken. Sounds interesting...

1Sure I did!
2Ok, at least I read the most recent few pages...

Welcome back!
Here's the link to the game https://googledrive.com/host/0BwphmOA1T6DxbEN3NE94U1Y4Q2M/castle.html. Eternal Density created/is creating it.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:57 pm UTC

** RANDOM **
I was looking for the OTTercomifications of Othercomic #606 and, looking at the OTTercomics page, I only see the one Azule did. I know there were more! Help.

Febrion wrote:Hi, everyone!

Welcome back, Febrion! Get comfy wherever you can (though please reserve the comfy chair for heretics... such as cellowcgw below). We're still kicking around and having fun in here. :mrgreen:

cellocgw wrote:Posting this now to avoid self-contradiction at some NP in the near future. After all, I won't know it's happened until after it does.
Spoiler:

Fade Away, And now's the NP, papal decree is now, to cease the ( [a-zA-Z]{1,}ong) .

:evil: It already (somewhat) contradicts your signature! Enjoy the basement. You'll be back.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

Here's my promised, rescheduled ketchup:
Spoiler:
@waveney: Thanks again for the BeanyONGs4,7! I noticed the turtlemolpy (yay!) and the sandcastle cake, but I'll have to check again for the rest on your list. Maybe we need some vegemolpyhunters? Also, steakish OTThercomic!
@Ebonite: Awefulsome word search! I haven't finished it completely yet, but I think I'm not missing too many names. Did you already post a spoilered completed grid, in case I'll be stuck?
@yappobiscuits: Treeish R*LAT*D song!
@HES: Loved your hamplycomic4! Have fun on your trip! And btw, I followed your link to the redundakitty-wiki-page, and I really like the subheader "Unique Redundakitties". I guess it was the Pope of the Church of the Order of the Holy Contradiction who added that section...
@BlitzGirl: Your second crossword was steakish, and the third... It was good. :)
I solved it except for 31 and 43 across and 27 down.

There were some postiversaries during my ketchup, but I forgot who has to be caked (except for BlitzGirl's epic 3000 posts which I remember).
So, here's a icecream-cupcake-cake1 for all of you:
MistyCat wrote:<snip>
Hoping for more of old-timey-wimey detective from ChronosDragon.
<snip>

Seconded!!! And Randallspeed to you, MistyCat!

ttscp wrote:
Febrion, PEEMNPAURNILI, shenazrtgp, ttscp, ZoomanSP and 21 guests

Hi ZoomanSP, how are you doing?

Hi, I'm doing great! *waves back at ttscp*

azule wrote:
Spoiler:
ZoomanSP wrote:
azule wrote:This one might require explanation:Image
I will only say, unless asked, that the drop it like a Beanie is a reference to TimeAfterTime Beanie 70+71, where it looks like the babies are simply dropped.

When I did my ottification of OtherComic #1261, I noticed that it is quite a difficult one. I like how you reversed the order of the panels. But I think I didn't fully understand the joke here (besides the fact that Beanie babies grow ch*rpingly fast). Explanations, please!
Great job Beaniefying it, btw. I didn't notice you had even gone so far as to change the question marks to Beanish circles!
I was going to steal borrow Megan w/ beanie (for a second version of the comic) to show that in my first panel "Megan" is the Beanie mom, she shook the cup of semenbaconcoffee to make the baby, hence answering the question as to how/what her momma shook to make her (which is probably a slight bit backwards, but joke).
It sorta explains the ratio of baby to semenbaconcoffee and how the Cuegan tribe "came from the sea". ;) The baby grows exponentially (as you explained) and enters Club Canc-- (hint: our missing element) and is fully grown inside.
This is where it gets iffy. She questions her own growth and the lyrics to the song, possibly disagreeing with the dropping part...as her birth was different where she jumped out of the cup herself.
Also, shrug...it was an odd idea that I didn't explore to make full sense. Sometimes the point is just to be odd.

Thanks for explaining! I think it was the missing Beanie on "Megan"'s head that confused me.

And welcome back, tman2nd, Febrion, and Rule110!
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:04 pm UTC

Interesting image I just created:

A graph of the proportion of black ink used in each frame of time

Each pixel column is a frame, starting on the left with frame 1 and ending on the right with 3095. I think I'm missing a frame or two, but it's mostly there.
Last edited by Kieryn on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:14 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Image- Kieryn

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

Yay, congrats on 3000 BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:

Yup, you've lost it alright. Molpy-ravin' loony. I'm still stuck on 43 across (not anymore), as well as 19 down (and therefore also 20, 22 and 28 across)...
Spoiler:
19 down could be "hold", but that would make 28 across "fdes" which can't be right, and unless "el" is a prefix meaning good I've somehow never heard of, that can't be right either. "Ho" for 20 across fits, but that's all...

ETA: Wow Kieryn, interesting pic indeed!

ETA 2: Oh hang on, just got 43 across :P
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:20 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
cellocgw wrote:Posting this now to avoid self-contradiction at some NP in the near future. After all, I won't know it's happened until after it does.
Spoiler:

:evil: It already (somewhat) contradicts your signature! Enjoy the basement. You'll be back.

Well, I did say I wasn't leaving just yet... only that I won't know when it happens until it's too late.
resume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Interesting image I just created:
Spoiler:
A graph of the proportion of black ink used in each frame of time

Each pixel column is a frame, starting on the left with frame 1 and ending on the right with 3095. I think I'm missing a frame or two, but it's mostly there.

An interesting image3 it is indeed! I'd like to know which frames cause the single spike of black pixels during the Sandcastle Eon, and the lack of black during what I suppose is the Long Night of the OTC. A quick check in geekwagon couldn't solve this. Or should it be m*stard in your analysis?
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

Hmm I also wonder about that, and the spike of white before it. And that white spike in the night... M*stard?

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:36 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
xkcd1262 meets np52

MSCHA STILL EXISTS!!!!

SBN wrote:What kind of person is often perplexed by AluisioASG's posts?

Me. :P

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

I am SHOCKED at you, BlitzGirl! Punsaw yourself!
(Congrats on 3000 posts, though. Wow. Three thousand.)
Last edited by Earthling on Mars on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:37 pm UTC

@yappobiscuits: The spike of white during the Sandcastle Eon is the close-up of Megan holding the mini-trebuchet, I suppose.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm UTC

Oh! Of course. I shall go to the comfy chair and pelt myself with S&Ms for the heretical crime of forgetting a part of the OTC.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

The frame with much less black is probably the mini-trebuchet close-up. Spike could be a particularly chatty frame. The Fading shows up nicely, as do the Long Night and the session in the castle.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:43 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:@yappobiscuits: The spike of white during the Sandcastle Eon is the close-up of Megan holding the mini-trebuchet, I suppose.

Then what's the spike of black (pre-fade)??? (eta: I thought that might have been what the trebuchet was... but yeah, that' definitely mostly white...)

Another interesting graph would be a graph of the number of changed pixels in each frame.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

Okay -- clearing up some mustard.

* The white frame in the castle era is indeed the trebuchet closeup.

* The extra black on frame 637 is a mustard - for some reason the black-white is inverted in my archived images... I must have been messing with it.

* The white line in the middle of the night scene is the missing frame I have for when the meteor frames showed up.

As far as I know everything else is okay.
Image- Kieryn

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:58 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Okay -- clearing up some mustard.

* The white frame in the castle era is indeed the trebuchet closeup.

* The extra black on frame 637 is a mustard - for some reason the black-white is inverted in my archived images... I must have been messing with it.

* The white line in the middle of the night scene is the missing frame I have for when the meteor frames showed up.

As far as I know everything else is okay.

I suspected that the meteor had something to do with the Long Night mustard.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:59 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:Another interesting graph would be a graph of the number of changed pixels in each frame.

Essentially that's just a differential of the graph I did.
Image- Kieryn

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:07 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:@Ebonite: Awefulsome word search! I haven't finished it completely yet, but I think I'm not missing too many names. Did you already post a spoilered completed grid, in case I'll be stuck?

No, I have not posted a solution yet. The next step was for me to post a word list, which I was going to do today. And here it is, spoilered:

WORD SEARCH WORD LIST:
Spoiler:
OTTers (in alphabetical order):

ace
adnapemit
AionArap
AluisioASG
Angelastic
Arky
azule
b2bomberkrh
bigcrag92
BlitzGirl
BlueCrab
bouer
buffygirl
BytEfLUSh
cameroda
CasCat
Caswallon
cellocgw
charlie_grumbles
chem1190c
ChronosDragon
cmyk
descor
Dracomax
Earthling on Mars
Ebonite
edfel
edo
Eliram
ergman
Eutychus
Exodies
Exodies
fatness
fhorn
Flado
Flotter
foilman
ggh
HAL9000
Helper
HES
higgs-boson
histrion
htom
jetpac
jjjdavidson
jovialbard
k.bookbinder
KarMann
kat
kenmelken
Kieryn
kryton
Latent22
lmjb1964
mathrec
mikro2nd
MistyCat
mojacardave
moody7277
mrob27
mscha
Neil_Boekend
nerdsniped
NetWeasel
NoMouse
Opiboble
partingLance
patzer
peewee_RotA
pelrigg
Pikrass
Red Hal
roia
Rule110
rvloon
SBN
Sciscitor
slinches
Smithers
spamjam
StratPlayer
Swein
swey
SWuh
taixzo
TheMinim
thirds
TimeLurker
tman2nd
ttscp
ucim
udscbt
Valarya
vvn
Vytron
waveney
Whizbang
Wildhound
Ximenez
XonqNopp
xpatiate
yappobiscuits
ZoomanSP
Zorin_75

"Others":

Amtoo
Cueball
LaPetite
Lucky
Megan
Molpy
Rosetta
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:19 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
jovialbard wrote:Another interesting graph would be a graph of the number of changed pixels in each frame.

Well sorta, but if the landscape is the same and Cuegan move, the difference could be zero, while the changed pixels would be 2xCuegan. That would indicate less work for GLR than a scene change, but more that when they just sit still while the amoeba grows.

Also, great NewSlide!

ETA:
Ebonite wrote:No, I have not posted a solution yet. The next step was for me to post a word list, which I was going to do today. And here it is, spoilered:
Ah, I missed one, and didn't realize it because the letters were all overlaps. Oops.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:50 pm UTC

@ChronosDragon - Neat sketch. Love the eyebrow thingie.

cellocgw wrote:OTTers are fading all around, It's time I was on my way.
*grumble* All should stay. Just pop in and post when you can. *sigh*

Valarya wrote:I was looking for the OTTercomifications of Othercomic #606 and, looking at the OTTercomics page, I only see the one Azule did. I know there were more! Help.
I believe that was mrob in his retrOTTification. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

Steakish plot Kieryn! It looks like the landscape, with more buildings and civilization as we go further to the right. At first I mistook it for an actual panorama.

Kieryn wrote:
Ninja'd by GGH, but that would be a graph of the amount of change, not a graph of the number of individual changed pixels. It's a case of a difference that makes no difference making a difference.

I've been enjoying the newslides... though I wonder about the "next slide in 999999 seconds" I sometimes see. Really makin' us wait for it!

Jose

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: BlitzGirl's 3000 Posts

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:04 pm UTC

Thanks Flado, Sciscitor, Earthling on Mars, and everyone who offered congratulations! Time might be over, but it's worth sticking around here just for the awesomeful OTTer community!

On Cakes:
@ggh: Thanks for the wingish pink bag cake and the redundakitty-in-a-bag! Your d-dactyl made me smile. :)
@Tatiana: Thanks for your wowterful cake, too!
@SBN: Thanks for an amazingly realistic bag cake! 7!
@Valarya: Thanks for the crossword cupcakes!
@ZoomanSP: Thanks for the shared cupcakecake (which smacks of delicious redundancy)!

More Responses:
@Jose: Thanks for the bag-that's-not-a-bag. And everything is better with Beautiful Assistant Girls! :wink:
@cellocgw: Treeish pinball game! If you do fade, please be so kind as to fade in the direction of the basement, would you? I don't know if my molpies can handle incorporeal OTTers.
@Kieryn: Thanks for the newslide, the ink-proportion image, and the amazingly appropriate cake! Your Time Dedication site has been giving me a 503 error for the past couple dips, which makes me sad because I make use of your thread images section often.
@Rule110: I adore that T-shirt. Want!
@Febrion: Hi! Nice to see you again! Don't worry, we don't mind how much of the thread you decide to read; it's just treeish to have you with us!

Quoted Responses:
Eternal Density wrote:I accidentally sold a bucket, in the process of redacted. Well that was a waste. ETA just ninja unstealthed cos I forgot to click!
ETA I redacted again
BTW I added bags because BlitzGirl though before she totally lost it.

I love the REDACTED (up to 15) and the bags and the blitzing (naturally). :mrgreen: This game keeps getting more and more awesomeful!
Whizbang wrote: It still didn't work after a reboot. So I cleared the cache and cookies and that did the trick.

The c**kies are EVIL. This we know.

On Crosswords (SPOILER-RICH section):
ggh wrote:So I think I've got most of it done BlitzGirl, but I'm not so sure about 30 40 Down.
Spoiler:
I have BEE, but that seems like a whole flying insect, not just a half. Is that wrong?

Actually... *crossword spoiler for that answer*
Spoiler:
That's right! It's an ottish flying insect, and the other "half" conveniently trapped in a bag is SNAKE. Image
ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
Stuck on 43 across... two possibilities for 40 down but neither helps.

Okay, riverish hint:
Spoiler:
43-Across is meant to be a companion answer to 1-Across. A very close companion. :wink:
Ebonite wrote:You never cease to amaze me. I return from coma and find not one, not two, but THREE crosswords. I don't know how you can generate so many puzzles so quickly. . .but thank you!

I completed "Exclamations!" pretty easily. "It's Also Big" took me awhile, but once I was able to identify the quotes, it came together fast. I'm still staring at one clue on "BlitzGirl's Lost It". Hopefully I'll figure it out before someone posts a spoiler and I'm tempted to peek. :-)

I don't know how long you'll be able to keep up this pace of puzzle generation, but I'm enjoying it!!

Thanks! :D Not long - I'm not going to do three in one dip again like that (that was a special deal for three thousand posts) - but I might do one now and then. The most Time-consuming part was probably figuring out the general layout for the first puzzle, and once I had that in the bag the other two took less Time to make.
ZoomanSP wrote:@BlitzGirl: Your second crossword was steakish, and the third... It was good. :)
I solved it except for 31 and 43 across and 27 down.

Crossword hints for those:
Spoiler:
31-Across is actually 2 words, which I didn't mention in the clue.
43-Across is a companion answer to 1-Across, so they share something in common.
27-Down is an "opposites" clue.
AND NOW THE FULL BAG-CROSSWORD SOLUTION
WHICH IS A SPOILER FULL OF BAGS
IF YOU WANT TO FIGURE OUT THE BAGS ON YOUR OWN, DO NOT CLICK THIS:
Spoiler:
CrosswordBlitzGirlsLostItSolution1.png
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”