1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Diply Ketchup

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

Hi, k.bookbinder! Image Nice to see you, sorry about life being life.
Awesomeful work on the crossword, yappo! Here's my full solution grid:
Spoiler:
CrosswordRefreshmentsSolution.png

Earthling on Mars wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
This is Cueball.
What newpix is he from?

np2705
Spoiler:

Correct! Image
ETA:
Optional decree:
What is your favorite molpy in the OTC?
(Raptors also acceptable.)
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby pelrigg » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:31 pm UTC

ED: count me as another successful movee to chirpingmustard. (Version 0.941) Even got the new address in my Favorite file and closed / reopened it in a new tab. Every thing works just fine.) I did notice I re-earned 3 badges ('Redundant Redundancy', 'Redundant' and 'Notified'). (FYI: Just in case that points to some mustard.) Are there any others I'll have re-earn? (Of course I could always re-open the old game and do a side-by-side comparison...)

O, and belated happy 1800 posts. Don't know how I forgot about that.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
project2051 wrote:
SBN wrote:Here's a diversion for you. Not sure how well it works, since the site distinguishes between identical squares, so I had to turn on numbering.
http://www.proprofs.com/games/puzzle/sliding/timeframepuzzle/

500 moves 700 seconds. Score =0 not sure if good or meh.

I played and got a 0 Score. I think I was at 1300 seconds or something. But I did solve it!

As far as I can tell, with scores we're all tied for first. I'll call it good if you solved it, and enjoyed it. (Actually, I'm happy if you just enjoy it, even if you don't solve it.)

I got a score of some sort: 126148! (and I enjoyed it - thanks SBN!)

And nice to see you project2051! You haven't been round these parts in a while....

And for the mome: I loved the mama and baby chirpies. I'm so glad they made it!
Last edited by ggh on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

Molpy Sideways

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

I like BlitzGirl's resource page idea. Also castle.chirpingmustard still points at gdrive for me. Austfailia!

Ninjedit:
I think the first 3 badges are earned in the first mNP so they just popped up when first opening the new site, not from importing.

ETA just noticed that the sand badge changes aren't working because typo...
Last edited by Eternal Density on Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Oh. My. Randall.

"Farrah Faucet."

. . . Image

Oh no, not the punsaw! That wasn't a pun, honestly. I was just trying to provide the etymology for Farrah Fawcett's name.

Wait a minute, that's strange, I see someone outside the window who seems to be flying straight into...

ETA: The original Etymology-Man appeared in http://xkcd.com/1010, and he came back in #1012. The new dialogue monologue is based on http://www.houseofnames.com/fawcett-family-crest

Redundant:
Spoiler:
fawcett.png
Last edited by mikrit on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:
SBN wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
project2051 wrote:
SBN wrote:Here's a diversion for you. Not sure how well it works, since the site distinguishes between identical squares, so I had to turn on numbering.

I played and got a 0 Score. I think I was at 1300 seconds or something. But I did solve it!

As far as I can tell, with scores we're all tied for first. I'll call it good if you solved it, and enjoyed it. (Actually, I'm happy if you just enjoy it, even if you don't solve it.)

Really? I tried it this morning and I didn't get a zero score.

I just tried it again. 294 moves, 237 seconds for a score of 445578. I think I had done better the first time around, but I'm not sure.

and
ggh wrote:I got a score of some sort: 126148! (and I enjoyed it - thanks SBN!)

Show offs...
I mean: Congratulations!!!
Show offs.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Eternal Density

Yay etymology man!

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:50 pm UTC

Okay fixed, 0.9411 up!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

Ahaha, awesomeful mikrit :lol:

Re. slidey game - Bah. I suck at this. I even went poking around online for tips and tricks to solving these things and still couldn't get the hang of it.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
SBN wrote:
pelrigg wrote:
project2051 wrote:

I got a score of some sort: 126148! (and I enjoyed it - thanks SBN!)

And nice to see you project2051! You haven't been round these parts in a while....

And for the mome: I loved the mama and baby chirpies. I'm so glad they made it!

I wonder if some of us have settings that prevent scores. Not going to worry about it.
And I gotta go with the pricklymolp.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

pelrigg

Re: Yay etymology man!

Postby pelrigg » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Okay fixed, 0.9411 up!

Eventually you're going to have to reach Version 1, you know....

(I just had a sideways think... 15 years from now Castle builder is at Version 0.9999999999999999999999999999999999174)

(Just so everyone knows, that was a random [uncounted] number of 9's. And random ...174. 8-) )

And for the decree: I liked the pricklymolp too. (I even made a manip on it. "You're a molpy!")

yappobiscuits

Re: Diply Ketchup

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Awesomeful work on the crossword, yappo! Here's my full solution grid:
Spoiler:
CrosswordRefreshmentsSolution.png

Woo! So I didn't get the snakes one quite right, but close enough.

My favourite molpy would also have to be the little prickly, but squirpy is close behind!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

Thanks, Etymology Man! That was actually interesting. :D

And for pelrigg:
AluisioASG, Newpage 997 wrote:
Kieryn wrote:NOT-AN-EDIT-BUT-IN-FACT-A-NEW-POST-I-MUST-PAY-ATTENTION-TO-WHICH-BUTTON-I-PRESS:
Regarding all this NP 1000 talk. Wouldn't it be funny if the forum admins changed the default posts per page setting to something random like 47.

47 is not random. It's lens flare J. J. Abrams' favorite number.
This is a random number:

My favorite molpy is Lucky, but squirpy is up there too!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: Yay etymology man!

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Okay fixed, 0.9411 up!

Eventually you're going to have to reach Version 1, you know....

(I just had a sideways think... 15 years from now Castle builder is at Version 0.9999999999999999999999999999999999174)

(Just so everyone knows, that was a random [uncounted] number of 9's. And random ...174. 8-) )

And for the decree: I liked the pricklymolp too. (I even made a manip on it. "You're a molpy!")
Lately I've stuck with .9s so I can save 1.0 for when I have it fairly feature complete. The next digit is for major releases, then minor, then tiny bugfixes. You can see the full log on github in the readme.

My favourite molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine beaniebabiesonice ahh SwiftKey is getting too clever!

ETA got blitzing and I'm on long pix so I quickly earned Why Am I Still Clicking
Oh and the changelog only goes back to 0.7 but before that it was mostly just basic implementation. I could probably dig up the older stuff if wished though.

svenman

Postby svenman » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:45 pm UTC

Blitzing report: now posting from the medium-deep past.

Reply to a post on NP1389:
JGeezer wrote:Ahem. Everybody knows "West" starts just past the Hudson River.
Spoiler:

Past that, fuggedaboudit.

Steakish. I love how "reality" is far away in the distance. :)

NP1396: Eternal Density was really on a roll doing ottercomics there, most of which had been missing from the wiki until my blitz. But with this one he really was having us on:
Eternal Density wrote:Yay!

This one took a lot of thought but I think it should make sense: (loosely based upon http://xkcd.com/1177/ )
Spoiler:

Searching for the difference to the original othercomic, taixzo spent an hour... to find a single darkened pixel. So I suppose this ottercomic was actually kinda funny, but mainly because of metahumour.

And now, time to molpy down for me.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

Eternal Density

Ideas...

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

Oh yeah that was kinda cruel of me
Been too long since I made an OTTher Comic cos I've been obsessed with the OTTer Game.

What do you xuys think of Show More/Less buttons to manually expand /shrink the item boxes?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:56 pm UTC

I think that'd be too much clicking (wasted clicking which could be put to good use clicking for sand! ;)), I'm happy with it staying as mouse-over.

azule
Saved

Re: Molpy Sideways

Postby azule » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:02 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:castle.chirpingmustard still points at gdrive for me. Austfailia!
me too. Could be a DNS caching error?

mikrit wrote:Wait a minute, that's strange, I see someone outside the window who seems to be flying straight into...
Spoiler:
Neat. What is the comic number, though, please?

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

Descriptions

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I think that'd be too much clicking (wasted clicking which could be put to good use clicking for sand! ;)), I'm happy with it staying as mouse-over.
But when I put links in the description it has problems like closing the description when you're trying to click the link.
Maybe have a timeout so they stay open a while after mouseout.. Yeah... Yay brainstorming!

Yeah DNS caching

ETA I regret having a badge named Redundant Redundancy. It looks too much like another word...

BlitzGirl

Re: Descriptions

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:24 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:ETA I regret having a badge named Redundant Redundancy. It looks too much like another word...

I'm glad you regret it, because I don't know how many chirpin' Times I've thought that was a sneaky redacted. :wink:

For papal decree, I forgot to mention how much I liked the original molpy. That was such an exciting Time!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:29 am UTC

Of course, the original molpy which spawned the name "molpy"! Who would've thought a throwaway comment about moles and compys would spawn the most famous OTTish word of all Time :P

ETA: Just got to the first frame of dialogue in the OTG*! I know I'm behind everyone else since I started later, but treeish!

*One True Game

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:34 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I think that'd be too much clicking (wasted clicking which could be put to good use clicking for sand! ;)), I'm happy with it staying as mouse-over.

I definitely agree. It would be pretty inconveniencing to have to click every time I wanted to see the functions of the upgrades I have available for purchase, or what the next achievement is.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:00 am UTC

rONG:

Just noticed that mscha calls the Slideshow option awesomeful instead of awefulsome, which is appropriate. :lol:

For decree: I also liked seeing the very first sparrow-raptor - proof that there was life besides Cuegan in the OTC.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Molp

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:15 am UTC

I like the baby chirply. Because of Megan's dialogue about not eating it.

I'll make descriptions stay up a second or a half after the mouse leaves them.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:40 am UTC

Another reverse schizo-ketchup tsop. (er.. post).
---------
A Future Pilot wrote:I just wanted to point out...I do believe this is now the single longest organic thread in the history of interblag forums. ("Organic in the sense that the point was not to make the longest thread"). If anyone knows of a longer one, please let me know :)

Welcome to another new poster. I see you haven't made a second post yet. Come on in, pull up a rock and join us by the fire.
I saw Kieryn pull up the "unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices" thread as being longer and that several folks pointing out it's a miscellaneous thread with no unifying theme, unlike the OTT, which has an underlying theme, but veers into miscellany on occasion. :roll:
But we've already out done them in one aspect, their post views are at 1725397 vs. our 2013854 views (as of blah:blah hours UTC) (when I was writing this, in other words.)
---------
I missed saying "Congratulations on 600 posts" to bmonk. So "Congratulations on 600 posts bmonk!"
---------
azule wrote:Newpix With Issues

Treeish OTTification. It's always fun to look at something from another's point of view, isn't it?
---------
Congrats to ZoomanSP for reaching your Pi post. The Pie/cake (cake/pi?) looked tasty.
---------
TheMinim wrote:The Time school.
Spoiler:
Maths: using newpix as a measure of time, learning about various arguments we have on the One True Thread, counting and stuff.

English: Studying Time Literature and exploring male/female/gender-less pronouns. Also Lego vs. Legos as a standard word.

Science: Biology: studying beesnakes, spotting venomous snakes vs harmless ones, defending yourself from raptorcat attacks and why it's not a good idea to drink straight from the sea. Chemistry: Mostly cancercoffeesemonbaconbabiesonice. Physics: Mechanics and things.

History: History of Time, Blitzing.

Geography: Rivers, the sea, and Zanclean floods.

RE: Religions of Time and their differences and similarities.

Citizenship: Just a whole load of pointlessness anyway.

Art: OTTifications of OtherComics and OtherOtherComics, etc.

Music: Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy grapevine grapevine, and other OTTified songs!

Drama: T** E** of Time and why it's so sad - re-acting it.

Cooking: Berries and steam bottles.

Languages: Beanish: Decoding Beanish and learning it.

Needlework: Making BAGS!

Woodwork: Making boats. Obviously.

PE: Going to the beach, building castles, and swimming in the sea.

Edit: I forgot I.T! I.T: Castle clicker.

I'd really like to go to that school Min. Oh, wait, I'm already in it.
And let's not forget this little verse:
ergman wrote:When Minim's around
The Thread fills with jubilance
And snakes and chuckles.

---------
@Ebonite: Thanks for the Word Search game. I did get stuck on it after only about 20 or so names. For one thing I can't remember everyone's nickname right off the bat. (Happens to me in real life too. I can be talking to someone and suddenly forget their name even though I used it just minutes ago. [Once, when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, I forgot an aunt's first name, And this was someone I'd seen every 3 weeks for years.])
And on top of not remembering the names themselves, I forget how to spell them too. (I actually have a list of OTTer nicks in my "Time" notepad, so I can copy and paste the proper spelling. So, if you see me misspelling a name, it's because I was "winging it".)
So, thank you for posting the list. Now I might have a chance on finding out the present shortly.
---------
And I just liked this series of posts....
Neil_Boekend wrote:Molpy up

AluisioASG wrote:Molpy down.

DrSamCarter wrote:Molpy sideways.

waveney wrote:Molpy Molpy Molpyways

It's little tidbits of oddness like that, that make this place a joy to come to.
---------
And thanks for this link. I'll need to save it the next time it's not under some kind of error message.
Random832 wrote:Hey, you've probably already seen it, but I just discovered this http://www.floodmap.net/

Which reminded me of when people were talking about planning escape routes.

Where I'm living right now is a ridge, so it wouldn't be under water at 242 meters, but it would be next to a large river/lake/sea. I've got to show this to my cousin one of these days. (It's his place.)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:00 am UTC

A profane rONG:

Kind of empty around here. I think I'm hearing quiet ch*rps.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:28 am UTC

Here's another puzzle, this one using azule's OTColorization.
http://www.proprofs.com/games/jigsaw/colorized-time-frame-puzzle/

And I got a score on this one, so I apparently am really bad at my own slider puzzle, but oh well. I still consider it a win if it is fun, or if you can tell it won't be fun for you before getting frustrated.

Time to Molpy down.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:28 am UTC

Every time I try to have my ketchup, I seem to get distracted. It is like I have some kind of attention deficit dis...oh look! A squirpy!

ETA: @SBN So this is your fault! I did not realize that you had created this devilish sliding puzzle, I just saw a link and clicked it (links in the OTT are very much like spoilers: I shall have to click it if I see one).
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:41 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
azule wrote:Newpix With Issues

Treeish OTTification. It's always fun to look at something from another's point of view, isn't it?
Thanks. :) Also what I was going for. :D

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 am UTC

SBN wrote:Here's another puzzle, this one using azule's OTColorization.

Treeish! 6856, though I'm not sure I understand the scoring system. I've tried this puzzle three Times and it doesn't seem very consistent (loading issues?).

112482 on the slider.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:26 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:A profane rONG:
Spoiler:

Kind of empty around here. I think I'm hearing quiet ch*rps.

I'm still about BlitzGirl. I've going back over the last week trying to find things I've wanted to chime in on but was too brain-dead (work, the other four letter word) to form a coherent sentence.
------------
@waveney and the Beany story: Thanks for writing that steakish story. And for the post about how you did it. Very, very good. Can't wait to see if you'll do another one.
------------
And I missed another century post anniversary... patzer Congrats on your 300th, keep them coming.
------------
@yappo: So I decided to give your "Nyan Cat" recording a try. Very good. Easier on the ears than the original. (I wonder how many people would recognize that if you threw it out at a concert?) But, while I was there, I saw another YouTube of yours: Huuto - Moonsorrow (Acoustic Cover). Let's see if I can find the best way to express this.
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Yep. Something like that. (And in Finnish on top of every thing else. Wingish and seaish.)
------------
ucim wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Just because here's an OTTcolor for y'all (from M2298):
Spoiler:
Really nice OTTocolor! Was that done with electrons, or with watercolor?

I saw several "likes" about this one. But to answer your question ucim. It was done with electrons. (I actually used Paint.NET, GIMP and Photoshop Elements to get this. Each program contributed a different tool to the whole. I don't think I'll ever reproduce it, but I found out things about each program while on the journey.)
------------
AluisioASG wrote:
azule wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:I gave up after realizing I shouldn't be forcing my eye like that.

What's wrong with your eye? Recovering, I hope. *salud*

Doctor says it's past the optical correction phase. I should bump these font sizes and stop reading at night before I go completely blind.
(It's a congenital case, but some situations exhaust my functional eye noticeably quickly, like the word search.)

I'm sorry to hear about your eye troubles. I want to let you know I think I have a good understanding about what your going through. About three years ago I went blind in one eye and ended up having eye surgery three times in one year. (Two of them with-in a week of each other.) And then about a years after that a doofus at work tossed something at me at it hit my "bad" eye. So I understand the not being able to see and the pain that comes from eye-strain. Best wishes, sir.
------------
And I see by my little preview SBN has posted another puzzle link.
And I've lost track of how many times I lost ninja stealth todip.
@ED: I like that the Options now show the "current status" of each one. I like the "notification log" too. And I just (todip) figured out that when you have the "Stats" window open, you can look at the individual stats for each tool by hovering. Neat. And I've wanted to say that for a couple of dips I thought the ONG clock was broken. Then I realized, "No dummy, it's showing the shortpix time."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 am UTC

Because crosswords feel like a wip-end sort of thing, here's another:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

CrosswordWhosWho1.png

Keywords: BGUM crossword puzzle cross word who's who
redundant169.png
redundant169.png (104.33 KiB) Viewed 14481 times

Edit: C**kies are broken after latest update. Guess they just got too EVIL.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:22 am UTC

Wow, lots of stuff going on this weekend. I hope I can remember all the things I wanted to say.
first off, thanks to people who said nice things to me. There are way too many of you, for some reason.
Yappo, I like your version of little bangs-boy better, but it might be weird having the same person voice two different characters.
yay, dilbert. good job past-Aluisio!
cool crosswords blitzgirl, and cool ottercomic, mikrit
also I added my old short story 'Inspiration' to the literature page, since it wasn't there.
that's all for now, folks!
molpy out.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Ebonite

Postby Ebonite » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 am UTC

SBN wrote:Here's another puzzle, this one using azule's OTColorization.

And I got a score on this one, so I apparently am really bad at my own slider puzzle, but oh well. I still consider it a win if it is fun, or if you can tell it won't be fun for you before getting frustrated.

Time to Molpy down.

I definitely have been enjoying these.

I don't know what "submitting" the scores does. . .I didn't see anyplace where the scores are posted so I don't know if submitting them means anything. In any case, the puzzles are definitely fun to do!
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:47 am UTC

Treeish puzzle #4 BlitzGirl! But could there be a hint of heresy in 48 down? The answer is literally correct, but there is an implication that there could be others. No matter how treeish though, there is only One! :)

Also, 43 across... three possible answers, I'm pretty sure I know the one you're after though!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

grrr

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:48 am UTC

Descriptions vanishing slower was pretty easy to do, but links in the descriptions of Boosts (such as Double or Nothing) are not working at all. I can't figure out why. The onclick has the right value in it but it's not being clicked :(
*sigh*
ETA oh wait I remember what the problem is. Derp.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:02 am UTC

ucim wrote:Treeish puzzle #4 BlitzGirl! But could there be a hint of heresy in 48 down? The answer is literally correct, but there is an implication that there could be others. No matter how treeish though, there is only One! :)

Also, 43 across... three possible answers, I'm pretty sure I know the one you're after though!

48-Down? Not sure which clue you are referring to... :?

As for 43-Across,
Spoiler:
it's a direct quote from the OTC. :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:45 am UTC

Oh, Eternal Density. I succumbed.
It is fun.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:49 am UTC

Build the castles.

Build ALL the castles.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

time to reload

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:50 am UTC

ggh wrote:Oh, Eternal Density. I succumbed.
It is fun.

Yay!

Update Time!!!!

Code: Select all

### 0.942
- time delay before descriptions vanish
- links in boost descriptions work
- temp boosts with countdowns will continue updating without descriptions vanishing (until they finish)
- a new boost is finally working! (it may be very handy to some and has a neat easteregg)
- another new boost for those who molpy down
- and a completely new boost to help with ninja stealth when the pix grow long

About time too, those first two boosts were pretty much implemeted 2 dips ago. The final one is totally new a few minutes ago though. I thought of it this mornip when I accidentally lost my ninja stealth AGAIN
BlitzGirl wrote:Build the castles.

Build ALL the castles.
This.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:03 am UTC

rONG:

castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle castle longpix longpix
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”