1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:12 pm UTC

Eternal Density: I think you need to check that all the OTColoreds are the same size, I just got this:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2013-10-06 at 4.10.30 PM.png
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Eternal Density

Molpy Up to no good

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:26 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Thanks ergman and Jose!

ED - I'm so excited: I think I'm going to be able to afford Swedish Chef today!
There may be a little mustard - I just bought Sand Purifier, but I don't think it took any of my Glass Blocks away. And,
Spoiler:
Redunception... should I understand it?

Yay!
Hmm I'll look into the purifier...

Spoiler:
no
ninjaquote:
taixzo wrote:Eternal Density: I think you need to check that all the OTColoreds are the same size, I just got this:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Screen Shot 2013-10-06 at 4.10.30 PM.png
I was warned but that's the first I've seen so I haven't bothered to figure out how to resize them. I did look into it last wip but all the results were about resizing things to fit images, not the other way around.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ChronosDragon

Re: Molpy Up to no good

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I was warned but that's the first I've seen so I haven't bothered to figure out how to resize them. I did look into it last wip but all the results were about resizing things to fit images, not the other way around.

Should be a simple matter of adding a width=558px (or whatever) to the element, right? Unless you're using background-image, then you'll need to do some fancier CSS3 stuff (background-size, background-position)

Eternal Density

Molpy Unplanned

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm UTC

Naturally I'm using background image. Not that there's any specific reason why.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

There's something odd going on with the Sand/Castle builder thingy.

I cannot buy the Sand Purifier. It doesn't seem to cost anything. I can click on the links, which results in me getting less blocks, but does not seem to produce the desired results in less sand usage.

I also have -82 Glass Chips now.

Here's my saved game.

Spoiler:
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
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

Eternal Density

Molpy sad

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

Aaaaand I'm being sent to the hardware store by my dad :( so much for spending my day off programming.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:45 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Image
Spoiler:
fabric1251.jpg
fabricKitty.jpg

Thank you!
Hard http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=3862ddc07a57 rotation needed.
Less Hard http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=3f7bc2ecf8de no rotation.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 am UTC

Hello. I just thought I should stop by and say 'hello'. I do so hate being absent. I think it has been a wip since last I posted. I will have to skim blitz a bit to see what I missed, but I may never get around to that, as I see that SBN has posted some jigsaw puzzles.
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:07 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:Hello. I just thought I should stop by and say 'hello'. I do so hate being absent. I think it has been a wip since last I posted. I will have to skim blitz a bit to see what I missed, but I may never get around to that, as I see that SBN has posted some jigsaw puzzles.

'Twasn't just me, there are others too. Oops, I shouldn't have said that. Um, no you haven't missed a thing, just stay right here and post more.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

mrob27

Time-Capsule from mrob27, deposited on NP538

Postby mrob27 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:29 am UTC

⪦ ⩤ ⫷ Time-Capsule from mrob27, deposited on NP538 ⫸ ⩥ ⪧

⪦ ⩤ ⫷ Do not open until NP1527 ⫸ ⩥ ⪧

I have been gone for a bit under 100 Newpages, and I am probably nearing the 1/3 point. That is to say, the Newpage at which I am likely to arrive at the Present is still a bit over 3 times as high as the Newpage when I am now.
   I rescued @Timborme from the Cookie Room (which oddly smelled of insects, ligaments, and molasses) and we jettisoned it just to be safe.
   This particular time it's a bit tough to draw the line between Travelogue and Correspondence, but I'll do my best...

⪦ ⩤ ⫷ Travelogue ⫸ ⩥ ⪧

There have been more "filks", such as the vastly popular "Our Mad Randallville" by @StratPlayer who also did "Ketchup Blitz"; and (my favorite so far) the "Bohemian Rhapsody" filk by @AluisioASG and @mathrec.

@Pikrass has created three GreaseMonkey scripts to aid TimeWaiters (all but Multiquote).

To my previous Time-Capsule, @Valarya replied,
Valarya wrote: ... we eventually figured it out. Cuegan could swim in the overly-salty waters of their Sea but could not swim in fresher River-waters as is seen here.

There was a little more talk about M&C's inability to swim; there have been several discussions of freshwater rivers and highly-salty seas like the Dead Sea (@mscha) and Salton Sea, (by @ChronosDragon), and we even had @mikrit's mention of the Zanclean flood way back on NP461 -- but no-one "figured out" the fresh vs. very-salty bit yet. I doubt I could have done any better if I had been active in the OTT.
   More importantly, seeing the OTT's insight unfold sometimes takes an extra-heavy dose of Wait For It, but that's part of the joy of blitzing.

On NP503 I reached this from @ucim::
ucim wrote:... And those who are still on Pilgrimage and have reached this point, let them also step forward and be acknowledged as True Pilgrims of Time, to be crowned upon completion of their Quest.

I therefore and hereby reaffirm my declarations of NP1434, to wit:
I wrote: And now comes the Time that I must admit, I feel an emptiness within. I have dwelled in the comfort of the now-when for long enough to get a sense of all the depth and diversity of the culture within the One True Thread. But I realize it is now time for me to journey into the Past, and begin the longblitz back to the present. When we meet again, all will be many nopix into our collective future in the Time After Time.

and now beseech you, great @ucim of xkcd, Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction, to consider me (together with my nom-de-blitz @Timborme) among the number of the True Pilgrims of Time.
   (Although I may need to use the TARDIS on rare occasions to attend to important Matters in the Afterwhen; I will make such visits as pointed and brief as possible, then promptly resume my Longblitz from the NewPage where I left off.)

We had a brief infestation of tinytext, which was soon thwapped by @buffygirl.
   The OTT was slashdotted, so far without a slashdot effect.
   There was a discussion of posting format and spoilers -- another temporal coincidence, so soon after I had asked! Image It seems that as of the NP500s at least, my posting format is okay...
   We had the debut of cueball as a unit (with abbreviation 'q'); and where I stand now, @Sciscitor has just begun mapping the network of who-quotes-who.

Timborme and I have fashioned new thwapsticks (I no longer use BlitzGirl's). One task every Pilgrim of Time must do on their path towards Blitzgirlhood is to build their own thwapstick. I also have the flame retardant and trollelagh I brought with me from NP1434.

UnRELATED to anything, Image uhhh... if anyone still lives over on Great Buttermolpy Island by the Campaign for Real Time offices, you might want to plan to go on holiday for a new Newpages around NP1541. I may need to pay them a visit...

⪦ ⩤ ⫷ Correspondence ⫸ ⩥ ⪧

To @svenman:
svenman wrote:By the way, mrob27, thank you for your work on the wiki in bringing back to light forgotten treasures! Good to know there's another blitzer doing in the deep past something similar to what I'm doing in the more recent past.

Well, you're welcome! When looking at the Othercomic OTTification list in particular, I got the impression that lots of early ones were missing. Now having Blitzed as far as I have, I see that sort of OTTification took quite a while to catch on. But I am also making note of:
   - OTT-created filk (song lyrics) and other poetry
   - Every word-mapping created by The Madness, with a link to the exact post first providing evidence of such,
   - Every signpost posted by a blitzer who was more than, say 20 Newpages in the past at the time they posted, such as those by @kryton, @Vytron, @VoronX, @Elmach and @RobIrr,
   - First occurrences of things I consider significant (this is similar to what tman2nd and partingLance did, though of course my choices will be different due both to personal perspective and the fact that I began Blitzing after T** **d.)
   - References to an Othercomic that are not obvious to a bot (e.g. KarMann's reference to xkcd 327 on NP446)

Because I use Emacs to scan backwards from the end of the OTT for replies directed to me, I often catch a glimpse of whatever was the most recent post when I did the last Nopixbot. Recently I saw this:
SBN wrote:So, if GLR had switched to double longpix at some point, how much longer could he have continued?

By coincidence, I had just read this on NP511:
pablithemantis wrote: "... Has anyone yet brought up the fact that Randall dramatically reeled us in to the storyline by keeping the characters silent for the majority of the animation, and then suddenly creating an increasingly complicated plot a few hundred frames in? Very clever, that Mr. Munroe."

which got me thinking about that very question. If we take the above at face value, the suggestion is that the audience got involved by the first "river" dialogue in frame 320.
   During that part of my Blitz it seemed that the OTT was in a very delicate balance through the Madness, which ended some time in Newpage 210, during frame 308. A lot of people who got turned away never came back, but newcomers would have been less likely to leave.
   So if Randall had halved the frame rate at frame 320, then the remaining 3094-320 = 2774 frames would take until about newpix 5868 (mid-Duskymip) to reveal.
   The Fading coincided with BlitzGirl's arrival to the Present, and a sense of urgency related to both of these events, followed by an influx of new contributors with the beginning of the Journey and a rise in creativity at least partly inspired by BlitzGirl. But with the frames coming more slowly, these events would not have coincided the same way. . .

Finally, to @lmjb1964 and @SBN, @Valarya, @BlitzGirl, and everyone else, I'm so glad you like my stuff! They're long posts so I want to make sure they're worth the Time it takes to read :D

I guess that's all for now, we're going to get back to Blitzing!

-- @mrob27 (and @Timborme)

and by another coincidence, @pablithemantis also inspired that recent Latin motto shield by @mikrit.

That's how I learned about vitssågen

Oddly, Google Translate chirps up Tidsresavitssågen! ("Time warp Vits saw!"), but Tidsresavitssågen Tidsresavitssågen! yields a very satisfying "Time warp Time warp Pun Pun Saw Saw!". There are many more combinations with amusing or amazing results (try "Tidsresa tidsresa Vits Vitssågen!").

must: may or may not (subject to future ni ni ni ni ni chupacabra ping pong ball, which is still hundreds of NP in our afterwhen.)

⪦ ⩤ ⫷ End Transmission ⫸ ⩥ ⪧

Spoiler:
shifty-eyes.gif
shifty-eyes smiley
shifty-eyes.gif (573 Bytes) Viewed 10799 times

mrob27-bounce.gif
mrob27 bouncing
mrob27-bounce.gif (1.89 KiB) Viewed 10799 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Eternal Density

Now to add new stuff...

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:57 am UTC

Wow, my Molpy.HasGlassBlocks() and Molpy.SpendGlassBlocks() functions both instead referred to Glass Chips! No wonder there's problems!!
Also the code that checked whether to let you you buy more storage space which I recently 'fixed' were still just as wrong :(

Code: Select all

### 1.62
- Fixed totally wrong HasGlassBlocks and SpendGlassBlocks functions: they were checking and spending chips!
- Fixed wrong glass rate calculates which resulted in not letting you buy storage space as soon as you should be allowed to
- Fixed negative amounts of glass chips resulting from the first problem
- Fixed index export button
- Fixed large OTColoured: use background-size:contain instead of :auto (thanks MDN)

zedtwitz

Postby zedtwitz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:24 am UTC

I've been lurking here since the beginning, so I figured I would reveal myself. You guys are nuts. :D

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:33 am UTC

Why thank you! :mrgreen:

And welcome! Nice to see we're still getting new people even this long after t** e**.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:01 am UTC

zedtwitz wrote:I've been lurking here since the beginning, so I figured I would reveal myself. You guys are nuts. :D

Nuts? Did someone say nuts?

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:41 am UTC

zedtwitz wrote:I've been lurking here since the beginning, so I figured I would reveal myself. You guys are nuts. :D

And proud of it.

Hazelnut brazilnut
We've made the One True Thread
Such a remarkable
Place to hang out.

We say our lunatic
Antics are harmless, Hy-
Poallergenical
Beyond a doubt.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:55 am UTC

New Othercomic is up. Obviously the Illuminati mentioned are the Temporal kind.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Eternal Density

delivery

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:55 am UTC

I just clicked the link in mrob27's sig (to the slightly wrong approximations othercomic) and noticed that Jenny's Constant is mentioned, which is related because I happened to read about that the other day while researching on Wikipedia for Sandcastle Builder.

Speaking of which:

### 1.7
- 10 Glass related boosts
- build/destroy/spend messages now use nicer notation
- Tools now show glass boost status
- Fixed DoN which was only locking on load if you bought it
- BBC secret ability
- Sorry no multibuy or extra badges yet.

Quicksilver

Postby Quicksilver » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:20 am UTC

I'm guessing molpies are the supreme rulers of OTT (or Timecube.)

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:23 am UTC

I'd say they're more like our army of minions. ImageImageImage
Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Re: that was easy once I knew where to look

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:28 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

### 1.55
- isFinite() works on more browsers than Number.isFinite. Okay.
- a missing space in sand purifier description
- DoN doesn't always lock on load

Sorry about that, I should have done more compabability checking :(

(and many more "sorry's" from ED)
Compatibility checking is a nightmare. There are far to may browsers out there! Next someone will try to open it in Lynx. And once you fix that someone will try Links. And then someone develops a new browser that chirps other things up.
You are making an awefulsome game. You are doing it for free. There is no need to apologize for some mustard. When making hot dogs some mustard may be spilled. I am grateful that you are willing to spend so much time to make this game.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Re: that was easy once I knew where to look

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:58 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

### 1.55

Compatibility checking is a nightmare. There are far to may browsers out there! Next someone will try to open it in Lynx. And once you fix that someone will try Links. And then someone develops a new browser that chirps other things up.
You are making an awefulsome game. You are doing it for free. There is no need to apologize for some mustard. When making hot dogs some mustard may be spilled. I am grateful that you are willing to spend so much time to make this game.

Thanks for your understanding. Henceforth I shall refer to the game as a hotdog.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

### 1.55

Thanks for your understanding. Henceforth I shall refer to the game as a hotdog.

This hotdog is problematic.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 am UTC

NewOtherComic. It's a silly political one. It is missing Knights Temporal. Cool that it has the date since it's my birthday. Always fun seeing it in print, especially in this special way (comicified).

Super happy fun birthday wishes to Valarya!!

Yeah, I know the comic was mentioned already. But I was so gonna post three newpix ago, but got otherwise occupied. :oops: :x :cry:

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

Shiny Molpy

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:23 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Thanks for your understanding. Henceforth I shall refer to the game as a hotdog.

This hotdog is problematic.
I burst into laughter right as my dad walked into the room.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:25 am UTC

Great, now I'm going to have to explain how I'm "playing with Eternal Density's hotdog"...

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:37 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Great, now I'm going to have to explain how I'm "playing with Eternal Density's hotdog"...

I am quite glad I was the only one in the office when I read that one. Still: laughing out loud is painful as I hurt my back saturdip.Φ
We all love to play with ED's hotdog.

Φ I was biking with the dog. He isn't really accustomed to that so he doesn't know he should ignore interesting smells. We were going at a decent speed. Then I was skidding across the asphalt on my hand and knee and I was in quite a bit of pain. The shock of him stopping must have pulled a muscle in my back or something like that. My vertebrae are still oriented properly, so it's probably nothing bad. I should have moderated my speed because Bas isn't accustomed to biking yet.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Don't mention pants, don't mention pants, don't mention pant

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 am UTC

Redundant:
Spoiler:
I told you I was.... whaaaaaaaaa??
What is this I don't even??????
also.png
also.png (12.38 KiB) Viewed 10518 times

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:11 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Because the latest Othercomic needed ottification:
In-My-Pantsing

Title text: Nothing makes "The End" hilarious. Nothing.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OTTercomic1271.png

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic Othercomic other comic xkcd highlighting hilighting in my pants imp newpix hilarious
redundant183.png

Ok, but how about this one then: Image

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:17 am UTC

I believe it was mentioned that mrob is filling in some of the blanks from our Past for the OTTercomics wiki page. Thanks. I added a bunch to my list. What follows is a list of 981 comics in need of ottification.

Spoiler:
#2 #4 #5 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #16 #17 #18 #19 #21 #22 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #36 #37 #38 #39 #43 #44 #45 #46 #47 #49 #50 #52 #53 #54 #55 #56 #57 #58 #59 #60 #61 #62 #63 #64 #65 #66 #67 #68 #69 #70 #72 #73 #74 #76 #77 #78 #79 #80 #81 #82 #83 #84 #85 #88 #89 #90 #91 #92 #93 #94 #95 #97 #98 #99 #101 #102 #103 #104 #105 #106 #107 #108 #109 #110 #111 #112 #113 #114 #115 #116 #117 #118 #119 #121 #123 #124 #125 #126 #127 #128 #129 #130 #131 #132 #133 #134 #135 #136 #137 #138 #139 #140 #141 #142 #143 #144 #145 #146 #147 #148 #150 #153 #154 #155 #156 #157 #158 #160 #162 #163 #164 #165 #166 #168 #169 #172 #173 #174 #175 #178 #179 #180 #181 #182 #183 #184 #185 #186 #187 #188 #189 #190 #191 #193 #194 #195 #196 #197 #199 #200 #201 #202 #205 #206 #207 #208 #210 #211 #213 #214 #215 #216 #217 #218 #219 #221 #222 #224 #225 #226 #227 #228 #230 #232 #234 #235 #236 #238 #240 #241 #243 #244 #245 #246 #247 #248 #249 #250 #251 #252 #253 #254 #255 #256 #258 #259 #260 #261 #263 #264 #265 #266 #267 #270 #271 #272 #273 #274 #275 #276 #277 #278 #279 #280 #281 #283 #284 #286 #287 #289 #291 #293 #294 #295 #297 #298 #299 #300 #301 #302 #303 #304 #305 #306 #307 #308 #309 #310 #311 #312 #314 #315 #316 #317 #318 #319 #320 #321 #322 #323 #324 #326 #327 #328 #329 #331 #332 #335 #336 #337 #338 #339 #340 #341 #342 #343 #345 #346 #347 #348 #350 #352 #353 #355 #356 #357 #358 #362 #364 #366 #367 #370 #373 #374 #375 #376 #377 #379 #381 #383 #384 #385 #387 #388 #389 #390 #392 #393 #394 #396 #398 #399 #401 #402 #403 #406 #408 #409 #411 #412 #413 #415 #416 #417 #420 #421 #422 #423 #424 #426 #427 #429 #433 #434 #435 #436 #437 #438 #439 #440 #443 #444 #446 #447 #451 #452 #453 #454 #455 #456 #457 #458 #459 #460 #461 #462 #463 #465 #467 #468 #470 #471 #472 #474 #475 #476 #477 #480 #485 #486 #488 #490 #491 #492 #493 #494 #495 #496 #497 #498 #499 #501 #502 #503 #504 #505 #506 #507 #508 #509 #510 #511 #513 #514 #515 #517 #518 #519 #521 #522 #523 #524 #525 #527 #528 #529 #530 #531 #533 #534 #535 #536 #538 #539 #540 #541 #542 #543 #544 #545 #546 #547 #548 #549 #550 #551 #552 #553 #555 #557 #558 #560 #561 #562 #563 #565 #567 #569 #570 #571 #572 #573 #574 #575 #576 #577 #578 #579 #580 #581 #583 #584 #585 #588 #589 #590 #591 #592 #593 #594 #595 #596 #598 #599 #600 #601 #602 #603 #604 #605 #607 #608 #610 #611 #612 #613 #614 #615 #617 #618 #619 #620 #622 #623 #624 #625 #630 #633 #634 #636 #637 #638 #639 #640 #641 #642 #643 #644 #645 #646 #647 #649 #650 #651 #652 #653 #654 #655 #656 #658 #661 #662 #664 #666 #667 #668 #670 #671 #672 #674 #675 #677 #678 #679 #680 #681 #682 #683 #684 #685 #686 #687 #689 #690 #691 #692 #693 #694 #696 #697 #698 #699 #700 #701 #703 #704 #706 #707 #708 #709 #710 #711 #712 #713 #715 #716 #718 #719 #720 #721 #723 #724 #725 #726 #727 #728 #729 #730 #731 #734 #736 #737 #738 #739 #741 #742 #746 #747 #748 #750 #751 #752 #753 #755 #757 #758 #759 #760 #761 #762 #765 #766 #767 #768 #769 #770 #771 #772 #773 #774 #775 #777 #778 #779 #780 #783 #784 #785 #787 #788 #789 #790 #791 #792 #794 #796 #797 #798 #799 #800 #801 #804 #805 #806 #807 #808 #809 #810 #811 #812 #814 #815 #816 #818 #819 #820 #822 #823 #824 #825 #826 #827 #828 #829 #830 #831 #832 #833 #834 #835 #836 #837 #838 #839 #840 #842 #843 #844 #845 #846 #847 #848 #849 #850 #852 #853 #858 #859 #860 #862 #863 #864 #865 #866 #868 #869 #870 #871 #872 #874 #876 #877 #881 #882 #883 #884 #885 #886 #887 #888 #889 #890 #891 #892 #893 #895 #896 #897 #898 #899 #900 #901 #902 #904 #905 #906 #907 #908 #909 #910 #911 #912 #913 #914 #916 #917 #918 #919 #921 #922 #923 #925 #927 #929 #930 #931 #933 #934 #935 #936 #937 #939 #940 #941 #942 #943 #944 #947 #948 #949 #950 #951 #952 #953 #954 #955 #956 #957 #958 #959 #960 #962 #963 #964 #965 #969 #971 #972 #973 #975 #976 #977 #979 #980 #981 #982 #983 #984 #985 #986 #987 #988 #989 #990 #992 #993 #994 #996 #997 #998 #1001 #1002 #1003 #1004 #1006 #1007 #1008 #1009 #1012 #1014 #1016 #1018 #1019 #1021 #1023 #1025 #1027 #1028 #1029 #1030 #1031 #1032 #1033 #1034 #1035 #1036 #1037 #1038 #1040 #1041 #1042 #1043 #1044 #1045 #1047 #1049 #1050 #1051 #1052 #1053 #1054 #1055 #1056 #1058 #1059 #1060 #1061 #1062 #1063 #1064 #1065 #1066 #1067 #1070 #1072 #1073 #1074 #1075 #1076 #1077 #1078 #1079 #1080 #1081 #1082 #1085 #1086 #1087 #1088 #1089 #1091 #1092 #1094 #1096 #1097 #1098 #1099 #1100 #1102 #1103 #1104 #1105 #1107 #1109 #1112 #1113 #1114 #1115 #1116 #1117 #1118 #1121 #1122 #1124 #1125 #1126 #1127 #1129 #1130 #1131 #1133 #1135 #1136 #1137 #1138 #1139 #1140 #1141 #1142 #1143 #1145 #1146 #1147 #1149 #1150 #1151 #1152 #1153 #1155 #1156 #1157 #1158 #1160 #1161 #1162 #1164 #1167 #1168 #1169 #1170 #1171 #1172 #1173 #1174 #1175 #1178 #1179 #1180 #1181 #1182 #1183 #1184 #1185 #1186 #1187 #1188 #1192 #1193 #1194 #1196 #1197 #1198 #1199 #1200 #1201 #1202 #1203 #1204 #1205 #1206 #1208 #1210 #1211 #1212 #1213 #1215 #1216 #1217 #1218 #1219 #1221 #1224 #1225 #1227 #1228 #1229 #1230 #1231 #1232 #1233 #1235 #1236 #1237 #1238 #1240 #1241 #1243 #1246 #1249 #1250 #1251 #1263 #1265 #1268 #1273 #1274

mrob_27 reserved xkcd#1047, as I recall.

#1010 (not listed) I know was done, by mikrit, I believe, and still needs to be added to the wiki.

Humorously I noted, as I perused the wiki page that Time Drags On is listed as an OdeTiTy for #1110 and #1190. Hehe. Cool to be mentioned for "Time", even though plenty have been mentioned for individual frames. (I don't even have all of Time accessible yet, lol.) Cool to have it be mentioned for "Click & Drag", though really this was not done on that basis. Honest I am. But I'll leave it, whoever listed it, until someone finally realizes it isn't and takes it down. :D

Eternal Density

have fun!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am UTC

Whoops forgot somethign so I added it and a bit of other stuff also.

### 1.71
- Added critical missing component of the glass ceiling boosts
- Buffed chequered flag
- DoN always locks again
- Several new badges

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:40 am UTC

Double birthdip cakeage for azule and Valarya!
Spoiler:
Decide between yourselves who's Jasper and who's Pierre :P

ETA: *childish sniggering*
Spoiler:
Boosts Owned: 69
Badges Earned: 69

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 am UTC

Cheers! I found them both hard!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:44 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Redundant:
Spoiler:
also.png

Neytiriver?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Eternal Density

EYWA HAS HEARD YOU CAPTAIN SPARROW

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:52 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Double birthdip cakeage for azule and Valarya!
Spoiler:
Decide between yourselves who's Jasper and who's Pierre :P

ETA: *childish sniggering*
Spoiler:
Boosts Owned: 69
Badges Earned: 69
I guess that will have unlocked Ch*rpies. (It unlocks on 69 badges. Bonus: look at the exact price.)
taixzo wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Redundant:
Spoiler:
also.png

Neytiriver?
Apparently.

ETA just noticed the othercomic link above. Lazy ottification: substitute the words Temporal and m*stard. That is all.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:02 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 am UTC

This is a specially coded message, hidden in some way.

The second part will hopefully be released (made) later today. Hold me to it.

Spoiler:
sustainable-odetity.png
Molpy, molpy, molpy, molpy,
Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine, grapevine

Grapevine

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 am UTC

Yup, ch*rpies are unlocked. And I see the price. Image

Also nice to have a boost unlocked that I'll actually be able to afford in the forseeable future!

Also to keep azule's statistics accurate, molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:13 am UTC

True enough, but you're one of us now. Welcome (to the Hotel OTTifornia...)

Quicksilver wrote:I'm guessing molpies are the supreme rulers of OTT (or Timecube.)

yappobiscuits wrote:I'd say they're more like our army of minions.

And the US government is why you don't put your minions in charge. Not convinced we're not the molpies' minions here though.
Time will tell.
Neil_Boekend wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Great, now I'm going to have to explain how I'm "playing with Eternal Density's hotdog"...

I am quite glad I was the only one in the office when I read that one. Still: laughing out loud is painful as I hurt my back saturdip.Φ

Φ I was biking with the dog. He isn't really accustomed to that so he doesn't know he should ignore interesting smells. We were going at a decent speed. Then I was skidding across the asphalt on my hand and knee and I was in quite a bit of pain. The shock of him stopping must have pulled a muscle in my back or something like that. My vertebrae are still oriented properly, so it's probably nothing bad. I should have moderated my speed because Bas isn't accustomed to biking yet.

Is he ok? Hope you'll heal soon. Of course, Bas is thinking "He's not used to biking with me, he forgot how much I like to smell things."
azule wrote:I believe it was mentioned that mrob is filling in some of the blanks from our Past for the OTTercomics wiki page. Thanks. I added a bunch to my list. What follows is a list of 981 comics in need of ottification.
<snipped>

Humorously I noted, as I perused the wiki page that Time Drags On is listed as an OdeTiTy for #1110 and #1190. Hehe. Cool to be mentioned for "Time", even though plenty have been mentioned for individual frames. (I don't even have all of Time accessible yet, lol.) Cool to have it be mentioned for "Click & Drag", though really this was not done on that basis. Honest I am. But I'll leave it, whoever listed it, until someone finally realizes it isn't and takes it down. :D

Well, it probably needs put in the viewers section, more than the OdeTiTy section. (Especially once all of Time is accessible.)
ggh wrote:

Cheers! I found them both hard!

Well, one was less hard than the other.

Fun ketchup this morning, almost like before ...

Some Ways to Time

Eternal Density

Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Down

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:36 am UTC

So, remember that Megan and Cueball?

SBN
Saved

Re: Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Molpy Down

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:39 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:So, remember that Megan and Cueball?

Yeah, and that time they built the sandcastle?

Some Ways to Time

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:45 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

Is he ok? Hope you'll heal soon. Of course, Bas is thinking "He's not used to biking with me, he forgot how much I like to smell things."

He is ok. He was a bit curious as to what I was doing on the ground. I hope that he was thinking "Hmm, that's not practical. I wonder if that happens every time I sniff stuff while running alongside a bike" because I like smart dogs. Probably he just thought "Hmm, that's not practical." and I hope it was a learning experience for him as well as for me.
He likes running alongside my bike and he is quite smartΦ, so I would hazard a guess that he will learn.
Φ He figured out how to open doors within a wip. We put the handles vertical. He figured that out within 3 dips. Now we have extra handles higher in the doors so he can't reach em.

he/him/his

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”