1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:02 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:He is ok. He was a bit curious as to what I was doing on the ground. I hope that he was thinking "Hmm, that's not practical. I wonder if that happens every time I sniff stuff while running alongside a bike" because I like smart dogs. Probably he just thought "Hmm, that's not practical." and I hope it was a learning experience for him as well as for me.
He likes running alongside my bike and he is quite smartΦ, so I would hazard a guess that he will learn.
Φ He figured out how to open doors within a wip. We put the handles vertical. He figured that out within 3 dips. Now we have extra handles higher in the doors so he can't reach em.

Mine need doors opened for them. Of course, all three are card-carrying union dogs and won't go through a door opened for another dog, but properly wait until the human is back sitting down before informing the human that they too want to go through the door.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:21 pm UTC

Mine is 6 mips old and still in training. he doesn't go through doors we open to walk through if he isn't allowed to go into the other room. He does open the doors by himself once he gets the chance, even if he isn't allowed in the other room. He's curious and a bit hyperactive. He gets bored sometimes because we aren't playing with him every minute he's awake. We gotta work too. He'll get there but it takes time, attention and a bit of discipline from time to time.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:53 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Mine is 6 mips old and still in training. he doesn't go through doors we open to walk through if he isn't allowed to go into the other room. He does open the doors by himself once he gets the chance, even if he isn't allowed in the other room. He's curious and a bit hyperactive. He gets bored sometimes because we aren't playing with him every minute he's awake. We gotta work too. He'll get there but it takes time, attention and a bit of discipline from time to time.

Training never stops. I get all my dogs used, so there's usually a bunch of un-training to do too.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Mine is 6 mips old and still in training. he doesn't go through doors we open to walk through if he isn't allowed to go into the other room. He does open the doors by himself once he gets the chance, even if he isn't allowed in the other room. He's curious and a bit hyperactive. He gets bored sometimes because we aren't playing with him every minute he's awake. We gotta work too. He'll get there but it takes time, attention and a bit of discipline from time to time.

Training never stops. I get all my dogs used, so there's usually a bunch of un-training to do too.

True, but after a year dogs usually understand how they should behave. You still have to be consistent and prevent yourself from breaking into laughter when they do something cute they are not allowed to do. And young dogs tend to try what they can and cannot do, it's part of their cuteness.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:28 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
SBN wrote:

True, but after a year dogs usually understand how they should behave. You still have to be consistent and prevent yourself from breaking into laughter when they do something cute they are not allowed to do. And young dogs tend to try what they can and cannot do, it's part of their cuteness.

Very true. They also are very good at figuring out who's a soft touch. I can walk both Newfies at heel, with minimal effort. My husband has a hard time keeping just one heeling. And when we're eating both Newfies beg from him, and leave me to eat in peace.

Some Ways to Time

StratPlayer

Re: 1190: "Time" -- Hello!

Postby StratPlayer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:40 pm UTC

Hello, all. :)

I posted an entry in My New Blog today about my StratoRaptor avatar, and of course it made me think of the OTC and especially this OTT. So I wanted to pop in and say "Hello" and to wish you all well. I hope everyone here is doing wonderfully!

I see the creativity, warm, and unique community created here in the OTT is still going strong -- that is fabulous! May it endure forever! I'm glad to see that the Post-Time is as vibrant as the During-Time OTT was!

I offer you the warmest wishes, the fondest memories, and the highest regard!

Oh, and cake:

Best wishes for the yet-to-be from an OTT-er of the used-to-be!
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:10 pm UTC

Back again from the OutsideH.
It was some nice ketchup: interesting, hilarious, silly - just as nature intended.
Also, I saw new OTTers joining and old OTTers returning - hello, everyone! :)

Various replies:
ucim wrote:
time after Time

(an otty of Time after time)
Spoiler:
Staring at my monitor
The ONG shows
the latest view.
There lies the Voldeframe
Will there now
be nothing new?

Time ends. Will we
now be left behind?
So many memories,
time after -

Sometimes an OTTity
tempts me to skip ahead.
(The) future is calling me, I can't hear
what's being said:
what blitzers forgo.
I'm posting blind.
The Thread of Time unwinds.

If you're lost you can look - and you will then see (there is)
time after Time.
If you fall it's ok we will all wait here (in the)
time after Time.

time after Time.
If you fall it's ok we will all be here waiting
time after Time

After the Newpix fades and darkness comes
every day
Mabye our True thread, you're wondering,
has gone away.
This won't happen. There's no "outside".
There's no defeat for Time

time after Time.
If you fall it's ok we will all wait here (in the)
time after Time

Blitzers we know
are disinclined
to second-guess our minds -

time after Time.
If you fall it's ok we will be waiting

time after Time.
If you fall it's ok we will all be here waiting
time after Time

time after Time (there is)
time after Time (always)
time after Time (treeish)
time after Time (in the)
time after Time
time after Time
time after Time
time after Time
time after Time
time after
time after

Wingish! And happy 1300 posts!
Spoiler:

Treeish new non-obelisk slides, Kieryn!
Steakish beanification and fabricification, ggh!
Loved your manip4, pelrigg!

For azule and Valarya:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
SBN wrote:

Very true. They also are very good at figuring out who's a soft touch. I can walk both Newfies at heel, with minimal effort. My husband has a hard time keeping just one heeling. And when we're eating both Newfies beg from him, and leave me to eat in peace.

Some dogs respond very well to a soft touch. I had one dog that responded quite well to even the slightest changes in the tone of my voice, but a harsh and commanding voice could scare her easily. Once I had fine tuned how to handle her she was the best. Not to bright sadly, but extremely cute. She was bright enough to wake up the other dog if she wasn't sure whether the guest was friend or foe and bright enough to follow the command predictions of the other dog, who had the awefulsome habit of predicting what I was going to command (probably because this always gained her attention or a treat). I would walk with them off the leash and see them turning around and walking back before I knew there was an other dog. Awefulsome.

he/him/his

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:53 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
SBN wrote:

Some dogs respond very well to a soft touch. I had one dog that responded quite well to even the slightest changes in the tone of my voice, but a harsh and commanding voice could scare her easily. Once I had fine tuned how to handle her she was the best. Not to bright sadly, but extremely cute. She was bright enough to wake up the other dog if she wasn't sure whether the guest was friend or foe and bright enough to follow the command predictions of the other dog, who had the awefulsome habit of predicting what I was going to command (probably because this always gained her attention or a treat). I would walk with them off the leash and see them turning around and walking back before I knew there was an other dog. Awefulsome.

I mean soft touch as in gives in easily to cute brown eyes, not soft touch as in gives gentle commands. I give commands that are commands, he tends to ask the dogs their opinion.
Saturday we were in the park, and almost had a problem with biting... Not the dog biting, a toddler tried to bite the Newfs. Fortunately his big sister saw what he was up to, so he only got a mouthful of fur. I don't think the Newfs would have done anything more than move away in any case. Both love to go to the playground and have all the kids around.

Some Ways to Time

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

Hmm, there seems to be a bit of mustard in ED's hotdog.
When I tried to reload Opera wrote:0 castles, 0 sand
When I press Load nothing changes. It won't load my saved game

he/him/his

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:01 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Hmm, there seems to be a bit of mustard in ED's hotdog.

O_o, thanks for the warning. Of course this happens when it's 3:00 local time in Australia (give or take a little, and I didn't check for DST).

Tip: In Opera, you can extract the content of the last autosave cookie, store it into a text file and feed it to SB later through the "Import" function. Keeps losses at bay.

waveney

GLR has an asteroid named after him

Postby waveney » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm UTC

According to Phil Plait of the Bad Astronomer Asteroid XKCD.

Its related it must be related.

See also GLRs Blag

Eternal Density

Molpy kinda up

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:

O_o, thanks for the warning. Of course this happens when it's 3:00 local time in Australia (give or take a little, and I didn't check for DST).

Tip: In Opera, you can extract the content of the last autosave cookie, store it into a text file and feed it to SB later through the "Import" function. Keeps losses at bay.

You can (hypothetically) use the export button on the index page too, as it outputs the cookie value directly without parsing or anything like that so it has a far higher chance of success.

So... This 0 sand/castles issue... I require additional information if I'm to fix it.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:48 pm UTC

Just popping in to see how you xuys are doing - the vacation has been awesomeful so far!

Looking forward to the ketchup. :)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 pm UTC

BlitzGirl, I brought you a phonesaw!

Spoiler:
phonesaw.jpg

Just in case you need it.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

Ooh, shiny! :D Thanks! You can never have too many punsaws!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ronaldkr

Re: Molpy kinda up

Postby ronaldkr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:03 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:You can (hypothetically) use the export button on the index page too, as it outputs the cookie value directly without parsing or anything like that so it has a far higher chance of success.

That would Keep It Simple and Stupid. Thanks, I never thought of that.

Eternal Density wrote:So... This 0 sand/castles issue... I require additional information if I'm to fix it.

Is it a version problem? I have version 1.71 and no problems with "Save"/"Import"/"Export", but I haven't used "Load" for the last 1--2 days.

I found a browser setting "Reload:Never". Please do not push something...

Oh, good mornip!

Ronald (too)

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:15 pm UTC

@DrSamCarter: YAY DOUBLE DACTYLS!!! :mrgreen:
@StratPlayer: *pounces* Hellooooo! we have missed you xoxo

lmjb1964 wrote:
Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:
Decided to make an OTColorization because it's been a while since we saw one. But as soon as I opened MSPaint I realized that I absolutely suck at painting so I spent a whopping 2 minutes whipping this elementary-level masterpiece together for you to feast your eyes upon! :mrgreen: Unfortunately I mustarded up the pricklymolp so much you can't even tell what it is. :P

Very treeish, Val. BTW, do you know that, according to your sig, you're the Caridnal of Cupcakes? :)

I did, indeed, know that. :P

ggh wrote:
Spoiler:

Treeish, ggh! I really like the fabric-look to this. Makes me want to reach out and touch it.

zedtwitz wrote:I've been lurking here since the beginning, so I figured I would reveal myself. You guys are nuts. :D

Since the beginning?! Sooo amazing that we have lurking Elders who are still around with us even so long after the Voldeframe. We ARE nuts. And so are you if you've been here the whole time loving every second of it. :P I'd say 'welcome' but that seems a bit odd since you've been here the whole time. ;)

azule wrote:NewOtherComic. It's a silly political one. It is missing Knights Temporal. Cool that it has the date since it's my birthday. Always fun seeing it in print, especially in this special way (comicified).

Super happy fun birthday wishes to Valarya!!

I also squeed when I saw my birthday there in xkcd font on today's OtherComic! Treeish to see it that way, indeed. Even if the content is about the stupid US Govt right now. :P Happy Birthday to you too, bday buddy. :D Here are some doubly-RELATED cupcakes just for us (but I suppose we can share):

yappobiscuits wrote:Double birthdip cakeage for azule and Valarya!
Spoiler:
Decide between yourselves who's Jasper and who's Pierre :P

Thanks! I want to be Pierre.

ZoomanSP wrote:For azule and Valarya:
Spoiler:

Hah, custom! Thanks Zooman. :D
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
zedtwitz wrote:I've been lurking here since the beginning, so I figured I would reveal myself. You guys are nuts. :D

Since the beginning?! Sooo amazing that we have lurking Elders who are still around with us even so long after the Voldeframe. We ARE nuts. And so are you if you've been here the whole time loving every second of it. :P I'd say 'welcome' but that seems a bit odd since you've been here the whole time. ;)

Hey, here's a thought... Shouldn't there be a title for delurking? Revealer the Recent? (Of course, that's all of us, but I don't see the problem in that.)

Some Ways to Time

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
azule wrote:<snipped>But I'll leave it, whoever listed it, until someone finally realizes it isn't and takes it down. :D

Well, it probably needs put in the viewers section, more than the OdeTiTy section. (Especially once all of Time is accessible.)
When it is a real boy viewer, that would make more sense. Yep. :)

Neil_Boekend wrote:He figured out how to open doors within a wip. We put the handles vertical. He figured that out within 3 dips. Now we have extra handles higher in the doors so he can't reach em.
Smart, cool. But I wonder...what kind of doors are these? I don't understand how the handles are vertical and now higher. :?

yappobiscuits wrote:Double birthdip cakeage for azule and Valarya!
Spoiler:
Decide between yourselves who's Jasper and who's Pierre :P
Thanks, yappo!! I will take... Pierre's. Yum. Pre-post edit: Darn, so close to posting and my bday buddy took my cake. Oh well, Jasper it is.

Those are cute catcakes, Valarya!!

Lovely cupcakes, Zooman. ^_^

Earthling on Mars wrote:BlitzGirl, I brought you a phonesaw!

Just in case you need it.
Hehe. First, nice design. Second, love how it exists in multiple dimensions. :mrgreen:

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Just popping in to see how you xuys are doing - the vacation has been awesomeful so far!

Looking forward to the ketchup. :)

Don't forget to report any RELATED stuff you encounter! Miss you, molpy up soon! :)
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:So... This 0 sand/castles issue... I require additional information if I'm to fix it.

Is it a version problem? I have version 1.71 and no problems with "Save"/"Import"/"Export", but I haven't used "Load" for the last 1--2 days.

I found a browser setting "Reload:Never". Please do not push something...
Well loading is working just fine on my phone so I dunno. If you briefly open the hotdog in a second tab to see if it loads, then close it, you will be able to test without risking your currently working game.
Also I don't understand how you can be on 1.71 without having loaded within the last dip, since 1.71 was only released less than a dip ago.

Can you export it from the index page? Then I can try loading it in another browser. Or maybe I should install Opera for testing purposes like I did with FF.
Hmm I don't yet have my 'fancy' error report popup happening on Load. I should add that.

ETA downloading Opera
ETA export save on the Index seems to be exporting a little too much: you can ignore everything from the semicolon onwards.
ETA Opera seems to be importing and loading just fine for my save so the problem must be with your save Neil_Boekend. If you can export it from the index I'll have a look.
Or if you can get the JavaScript console up (unsurprisingly, the console in Opera looks identical to the one in Chrome...)

ETA this mornip I bought cake, as I was assigned as the cake-bringer for a co-worker's birthday. I picked out a Black Forest cake plus a 'chocolate tiger' swiss roll. Should be delicious and moist. And truthful.

ETA VITSSÅGEN, JA! because I felt like it.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

azule wrote:
SBN wrote:
azule wrote:<snipped>But I'll leave it, whoever listed it, until someone finally realizes it isn't and takes it down. :D

Well, it probably needs put in the viewers section, more than the OdeTiTy section. (Especially once all of Time is accessible.)
When it is a real boy viewer, that would make more sense. Yep. :)

Neil_Boekend wrote:He figured out how to open doors within a wip. We put the handles vertical. He figured that out within 3 dips. Now we have extra handles higher in the doors so he can't reach em.
Smart, cool. But I wonder...what kind of doors are these? I don't understand how the handles are vertical and now higher. :?

I suspect the handles are something like these:
Which you normally open by pushing down on the lever, but if you rotate them 90 degrees, you'd have to open by pushing them sideways. Installing an extra set would mean, I think that you have to open two at once, but maybe the bottom one is disconnected now, so it is just that they are too high now.
@N_B: what breed of wolpy is it?

Some Ways to Time

Eternal Density

buy all the things!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:31 pm UTC

cake eating got delayed half an hour, so

Code: Select all

### 1.72
- Buying Multi Style! (thanks for the code waveney)

ETA that means new version of SB. Also still waiting on cake...
Also, 50 post until a special number

ETA cake:
Spoiler:

redundant:
Spoiler:
this is a redundakitty because it's on cakekitty.com. (and it's the cupcake made for Summer Glau)
20131008_104619.jpg

ronaldkr

Re: Molpy kinda up with mustard

Postby ronaldkr » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:28 am UTC

Hi ED,
hopefully I can answer some of your (and Neil's) questions. Snipping, cutting and tugging on your original text is not marked.

Eternal Density wrote:
ronaldkr wrote:

Eternal Density wrote:Well loading is working just fine on my phone so I dunno. If you briefly open the hotdog in a second tab to see if it loads, then close it, you will be able to test without risking your currently working game.

Disbled autosave and did that, everything loaded properly here. The version number shown was 1.72.

Eternal Density wrote:Also I don't understand how you can be on 1.71 without having loaded within the last dip, since 1.71 was only released less than a dip ago.

To get v. 1.71: Probably I hit F5 for another tab not realizing that the SB tab was still active. My heap was last restarted 2013-09-29 (bad practice I know, but Time has eroded my ways a bit), and Opera did not crash since. It's a memory hog all the same, gobbling up >600 MB RAM, but no memory hole.

Eternal Density wrote:ETA downloading Opera
Or if you can get the JavaScript console up (unsurprisingly, the console in Opera looks identical to the one in Chrome...)

This is a major problem with Opera. What I have is version 12.15, which I would describe as the configurable, slimmer sibling to Firefox that actually does print what you are wanting to print (exceptions are not the rule). They had the great idea to jump to major version 15, using the Chrome rendering engine and throwing out everything from the UI that had made Opera attractive. Bookmarks? Why would users want such a thing. Ugh.

So when you got a JS console you downloaded probably v. 15 -- that works like Chrome.

Now if loading in v. 12 works here and in v. 15 at your place this really points to mustarded data at Neil's installation as you already suspected. :nervously looking at the date of my last backup:

Chirping mustard! (had to be said at this point)

Eternal Density

Molpy Debeesnaking

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:45 am UTC

yeah 1.72 came out a little over a nopix ago.
So just to check, Neil_Boekend is the only one we know of with a problem? But we don't know what version of Opera he's using.

ETA just realised that Rosetta was still unattainable but still took your bags. Fixed (locally). So don't try to get Rosetta until 1.73

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:53 am UTC

Since you've all been clamoring for more content since my last post, I have delivered:

### 1.73
- Glass Refinery x20 upgrade
- Index export cleaned up
- Fixed bug when trying to get Rosetta (oops how long has that been broken?)
- Gave Rosetta more furnace automation upgrades
- New Not Lucky boost after Panther Salve
- New Ninja boost from Rosetta

ETA removed mustard from hotdog:

### 1.74
- Got rid of useless extra parts in the Sand Refinery description.

ETA there was mention of the Majestic-12 Bot a while back. The likely source has spoken up in an othercomicthread

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:23 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ronaldkr wrote:

You can (hypothetically) use the export button on the index page too, as it outputs the cookie value directly without parsing or anything like that so it has a far higher chance of success.

So... This 0 sand/castles issue... I require additional information if I'm to fix it.

I have found additional information. The mustard is on my side.
I had off road mode on. I don't know what it's supposed to do, but it mustards a lot up. It does not cache the page to do reloads from that cache.
I wil ketchup later.

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:25 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:

I have found additional information. The mustard is on my side.
I had off road mode on. I don't know what it's supposed to do, but it mustards a lot up. It does not cache the page to do reloads from that cache.
I wil ketchup later.
Off road mode (from my experience with Opera on my phone) ch*rps up c**kies, so your save was inaccessible.
(Actually I think all the pages you load are routed by a proxy server which strips stuff out and compresses it, which doesn't help either. One of the reasons I switched away from Opera (other than it deciding it can't keep more than 1 tab open at a time and using up too much memory) on my phone was that Off Road Mode was the only way to stop pictures from loading. I used to be able to switch image loading on and off independently. With Dolphin I can set it to only load images on wifi, which is good enough.)

ETA um Not Lucky just gave me 134 Squilli Castles. and before that it was 591 Umpty. Perhaps it's comboing with Fractal Sandcastles too strongly? Especially once the BFJ and BKJ bonuses are factored in...
Last edited by Eternal Density on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:39 am UTC

Bunch of creative musical folk here - I figured it'd be a good place to ask.

Has anybody ever heard of or had experience with the Recording Artists Guild?
Spoiler:
For some papal decree many NP ago, I posted a song I wrote in memory of a dear friend (The Fairy Princess), related inasmuch as it had castles and the sea and such. I'd love to see this song get out into the world; I had uploaded it to sonicbids to enter it into a songwriting contest (it got an honorable mention) some years ago. It's sat there ever since.

Sonicbids is a (rather cool) website for bands looking for venues, and v.v., but since I'm not a band looking for gigs, I didn't really do anything with the site. However just today I got an Email from Tracy over at the Recording Artists Guild who said she liked my song and asking if had I ever considered doing radio. She then outlined some of the benefits of her company. Well, the internet is full of come-ons, but there was just enough personalization for me to think maybe it's legit. According to web sources it's based in Hollywood/Beverly Hills, was founded in 2009, and has 1-10 employees.
Of course, anybody can put up a website! Even me! :)

So... has anybody ever heard of them? Anybody had any experience with them, or know somebody who has?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

or hotcat

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:20 am UTC

Oh I just realised I messed up the Not Lucky bonus BADLY. I had started changing it to have one more variable and the unchanged it and left a change in and accidentally reused a variable name so...

ETA

### 1.75
- Tool purchases show up in the log
- fixed Major issue with Not Lucky reward
- nerfed the Not Lucky - Fractal Sandcastles combo slightly
- Panther Salve wasn't respecting its power toggle
- Run Raptor Run now costs glass to use

Panther Salve was basically a 1000% mustard hotdog :o
I really hope waveney didn't get 1.74, or else he'll probably have infinite castles already.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:03 am UTC

On this np Azule wrote:

The old handles are the normal handles here in the Netherlands. They have a small pinn through them that fixes them on a square bar. You can pull the pin out turn the handle and put it back. The new hwndles that are higher up required more work. They are garden gate handles because those are easily installed. The doors will need some filler once I remove them but they need a new coat of paint anyway.
SBN wrote:
Azule wrote:

I suspect the handles are something like these:
Which you normally open by pushing down on the lever, but if you rotate them 90 degrees, you'd have to open by pushing them sideways. Installing an extra set would mean, I think that you have to open two at once, but maybe the bottom one is disconnected now, so it is just that they are too high now.
@N_B: what breed of wolpy is it?

Yep, those type of handles.
Bas is a crossbreed between a Labrador and a Dalmatian.

ED, I am sorry for the needless worries about the mustard. Your hotdog is still brillulous

he/him/his

Eternal Density

puzzle

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:ED, I am sorry for the needless worries about the mustard. Your hotdog is still brillulous

No problem, I generally don't worry about mustard until I can actually see evidence of it. In your case it was nebulous mustard which didn't seem to be affecting anyone else, so after some initial checking I moved on (while passively waiting for it) to other things. And I made some pretty serious mustard myself so your issue was just a
Spoiler:
drop in the bucket
drip from the bottle.

I'm currently working on another logic puzzle to incorporate. (In addition to the
Spoiler:
glass ceiling
one, which is based upon an actual physical puzzle I have)

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:50 am UTC

Here's the second part, as promised.

Guess which newpix were used. Two of them there are.

Redundant except title text:
Spoiler:
Yes, there's been title texts for a while.
iambic_pentameter-odetity.png
Hobby 'twas for me
Seven rhymes betwixt two fives
Use pentameter

No, I don't know what iambic means. Why do you ask?

Fixed Mustard version:
Hobby 'twas trochee
Seven rhymes betwixt two fives
Use heptameter

Actually fixed version:
Hobby 'twas trochee
Seventeen is new rhyme scheme
Help! Haiku is trap!

Edit: Updated image again.
Last edited by azule on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:27 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:34 am UTC

Couple of small things for Sandcastle Builder :
If the ninja stealth streak is already 0 can it not use up the ninja forgiveness...waiting an extra 3 ongs for it to reset again is sort of annoying.
But more importantly the boost VITSSÅGEN, JA! is missing a space in the stats description before the word "out".
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:43 am UTC

ED, you should add velocirapture to your game. Quicksilver would be pleased.

ucim, I don't know anything about the RAG....rag? I guess that's better than SAG. lol.

Eternal Density

guess who gets mentioned in the commitlog

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:48 am UTC

adnapemit wrote:Couple of small things for Sandcastle Builder :
If the ninja stealth streak is already 0 can it not use up the ninja forgiveness...waiting an extra 3 ongs for it to reset again is sort of annoying.
But more importantly the boost VITSSÅGEN, JA! is missing a space in the stats description before the word "out".

Done and done! Thanks.
azule wrote:ED, you should add velocirapture to your game. Quicksilver would be pleased.
Yes. Yes I should. Somehow.

waveney

Re: or hotcat

Postby waveney » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I really hope waveney didn't get 1.74, or else he'll probably have infinite castles already.

No I was fast asleep when that came out.

One minor twerk to the multi-buys make the space between buy and the number non breaking - when prefixed by glass several of them are splitting at that point and it looks weird.

Glass ceilings 0 and 1 apear as tagged, 2 - 4 as Hill people tech. It would make life a lot easier if they where all the same (probably hpt). I havn't got as far as 5 yet.

Eternal Density

&nbsp;

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:14 am UTC

waveney wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I really hope waveney didn't get 1.74, or else he'll probably have infinite castles already.

No I was fast asleep when that came out.

One minor twerk to the multi-buys make the space between buy and the number non breaking - when prefixed by glass several of them are splitting at that point and it looks weird.

Glass ceilings 0 and 1 apear as tagged, 2 - 4 as Hill people tech. It would make life a lot easier if they where all the same (probably hpt). I havn't got as far as 5 yet.
1. okay.
2. They're all grouped as hill people tech. Only the ones that can be locked are tagged as toggle. Or I could tag them all but differently...

waveney

Re: &nbsp;

Postby waveney » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:2. They're all grouped as hill people tech. Only the ones that can be locked are tagged as toggle. Or I could tag them all but differently...

That may be the theory but evidence is against it.

When I display hpt why don't they all appear together? as one is going to have to work through them when I have enough glass to get the next one (some time).

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”