1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:08 pm UTC

Happy 4000 posts, BlitzGirl!
In honour of your milestone and your newest awesomeful ottification, have some cake:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:30 pm UTC

SCINTILLATONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:36 pm UTC

Either they're all dead, or Rosetta will pull a sub.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

mscha wrote:SCINTILLATONGLY...
Spoiler:

-- posted by newpixbot

They are still alive. However, they lost their sail and mast. They will get stranded on a island. This island will be lush and will have enough food to support them for a lifetime. As they load their cargo from the wrecked boat to the temporary shelter they will damage one of the containers. A green liquid will drop out of the container on to the grass.
As they wake up the next day the path they followed from the boat to the shelter will be marked with 1m wide circles where all vegetation is dead. Where more of the liquid spilled the circles will be bigger. As the days progress these circles will get wider and wider, until they cover the whole island and all vegetation is dead. The beanies proceed to starve to death. Thus end the Beanies.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:22 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Oooh, new chapter of TDL! I had to go back and read it all over again - awesomeful. :D
ZoomanSP wrote:Treeish new chapter! And happy 300 posts!
Spoiler:

Thank you both. :)

And BlitzGirl, happy 4000 posts! Do you realize that nearly half of those were after the *nd of Time?

And now I'm worried for the Beanies. That's some storm!

Neil_Boekend

ED's hot digidy hotdog

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:44 pm UTC

Chirp, just lost my Ninja streak to the troublesome double-click-to-zoom "feature" on touch devices.

When looking for a solution I only found a couple of ways to disable all zoom for a webpage and this question on Stackoverflow The first answer disables all zooming (not what I'd like, but if no other choice...) but the second and third solution seem to disable only doubletap. Sadly I do not know enough of the noble art of JavaScript to see if it would work and neither do I know how to try it on my phone. ED and waveny, could one of you test it? Would it fix it?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

waveney

Re: ED's hot digidy hotdog

Postby waveney » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:ED and waveny, could one of you test it? Would it fix it?

Ok, I seem to have become a half expert (Until a few weeks ago I had only ever done one small twerk to any Javascript, and amazingly in spite of having had a mobile for about 27 years, mine is not yet a smart phone - the first was a brick with an ariel). Most of my recent software has been Perl, Ruby and C.

However I have an idea that might help (significantly) that incorperates an idea I gave Ed a while ago for something else... Code, code, test, code, debug... Will send Ed some code later.

Soup

Postby Soup » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:19 pm UTC

@BlitzGirl Vats and vats of Ice Cream!

ice_cream_swirl.jpg

ETA: Awesomeful crossword! :D

ETA2: 38, 59 Down :roll:
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 pm UTC

Oh chirp, a storm!

Many yips ago while sailing stormy seas
The waves they lashed against our sides, no control had we
Hoisting the mainsail we tried to set course, but it was to no avail
Over and over the bow was spun round, helplessly driving us into unknown seas...

The sky grew blacker and blacker
The waves towered fifty feet tall
Where were we headed to, we did not know
Into the storm...

(The song then goes on to talk about the Kraken, so not so RELATED after that... unless the Beanies encounter such a thing... :shock: )

Happy 4000, BlitzGirl :mrgreen: . Really fun Loco-Molpy otty (was that new or were you re-posting an old one? It seemed familiar... But eh, I don't see it on the wiki, must just be a weird case of Deja-OTT...)

And woohoo, a celebratory BlitzWord! Hmm, this is the toughest one yet...
Spoiler:
I only have two missing letters though. I'm stuck on 9 across (I guess I don't know Lovecraft well enough, and my Google-fu is not strong enough), and therefore also 9 down which I have the 2nd and 3rd letters for ("ii") but not the first (and the clue is totally lost on me).

I have all the circled letters though, which gives me "VAIJTNSESGA"... I'm presuming it's an anagram, so it could be "A Saving Jest?" or... um... "Vaginas Jest" :?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:13 pm UTC

Happy 4000 posts and upcoming b'dip, BlitzGirl!
Spoiler:

I've almost got the puzzle finished, but I'm stuck on three clues (9 across, 9 down, 12 down). I have all the circled letters, but they don't make any sense to me.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

P U N I T I V E   . A . U .
P U N I N A N E W P I C   S O
A N   N T B   R A D I U S   .
N I   J O L L Y   E   P E R U
  S E A   E   P U N   U P O N
W H Y S O   P U N T E N T   P
O N E     R U N S   A C   M U
M O D   P U N C H E S T H A N
A N   C O G I T O   T U O S C
N E   R E S T U D Y   R O O T
  W A Y T   A A     E I T N U
T B D       G L I N T S   S A
A I   G I G A   D E A T H   T
B E L E M N I T E     S I D E
  S H E P U N S A W S   P O D

V A I J T N S E S G A

ETA: ninja'd by yappo (who else), who seems to have solved one clue more than I have.
ETA2: fix typo
Last edited by mscha on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:22 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:14 pm UTC

Happy 4000 blitz girl!

So the comic Buttercup festival, which I found through xkcd(ITSALLRELATED) just reached its end today. This isn't that sad of a thing, because it's ended before, and it'll come back again. But go check it out for some Time-esque nature-art and epsilonish humor: http://www.buttercupfestival.com/index.htm
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

Looks like we're stuck in the same place, mscha...
Spoiler:
Only for some reason, in your circled letters, there's an N in place of a V... :?

ETA. Oh for chirp's sake, how did I not get it!?
Spoiler:
Vitssagen, ja!
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:23 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
Spoiler:
Only for some reason, in your circled letters, there's an N in place of a V... :?
Spoiler:
Yeah, that was just a typo. (I had a V in a circle, easy to mistake for an N.)

ETA:
Spoiler:
Good catch on the anagram, yappo! (I wonder why the anagram solver Google found for me didn't find that. Image )
Last edited by mscha on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:29 pm UTC

I figured out the circled letters (see edit in previous post)... I'm a silly molpy for not figuring it out sooner :P

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:30 pm UTC

CONSONGUINITIES...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

UHD

Postby HES » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:37 pm UTC

Man, now I'm going to have to buy a bigger screen to read BlitzGirl's posts...

yappobiscuits wrote:I figured out the circled letters (see edit in previous post)... I'm a silly molpy for not figuring it out sooner :P

I thought you were being sarcastic when you couldn't get it. What else would it have been? :P
Last edited by HES on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

Soup

Postby Soup » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 pm UTC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA spoilers! I'm trying not to cheat, but if 30A is what I think it is, I'm coming after Blitzgirl! :evil:
Waiting for it...

HES

Postby HES » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

Soup wrote:if 30A is what I think it is, I'm coming after Blitzgirl! :evil:

Which reminds me,
RNMs are not excused.
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:45 pm UTC

Shurrup HES, I'd only recently molpied up and hadn't had my cup of tea yet, my brain wasn't totally in gear :oops: :P

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:46 pm UTC

Gingercat wrote:So. I finally registered. Been visiting the site for years and years, but never took the step to join the forum...

Until comic 1190.

Now, I'm up to Page 40 of this thread so far in a single "working" day, and still somehow being productive (I'm an IT Helpdesk guy), and the story of a sandcastle is slowly unfolding before me...

Perhaps never knowing of this makes me one of today's 10,000?

I'm also unsure as to whether this is actually "complete" or not - I'm posting this reply in the dark, as it were, and likely won't see any replies to this, my first post, until I "catch up" to this page. I've seen mention of a progress-so-far animation, but I'll only watch it once I've done my Time through reading the forum posts.

That will take a while, but I am fascinated. It means that I'm seeing each new frame significantly faster than the original schedule, but each new frame is still several minutes in the arrival... So I am indeed still waiting.

I can only wonder if my resolve to not view the animation can hold all the way through. Perhaps a self-social experiment? We shall see.

Greetings to all from Gingercat. I think I will like it here.

Hi and welcome! ... When you get here, Hi and welcome to my present at the time I write this, but will be the past in both our futures... This is convoluted...

Hi!

And happy 4000 to BlitzGirl!
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Soup

Postby Soup » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm UTC

And it is as I feared. <facepalm>

I'm now only stuck on the 9's as well.
Waiting for it...

edfel

Postby edfel » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:52 pm UTC

Hi everyone :)
It's been a long time since I posted here, I've fallen back to "occasional lurker"... I still love the OTC+OTT couple, but without the constant enigma about where all this is going to, I've somehow lost the drive to post. Anyway...congrats for the works of art (er... and for the rest ^^ ;) ) that are still here on every NP!

Also, congrats to those who made this castle-builder game... at first I just clicked the link in someone's sig without knowing what to expect: I must say it's ch*rping awesomeful to have produced such a game. I'm still amazed by the quantity of fun leaking out of it, while the most fundamental precept of "waiting for it" has been so completely integrated. Great job, xuys :) Thanks to you, I am now the proud owner of an army of Newpixbots (which are efficient and carrying, and soon-to-be recursive...) and of a variety of other sandcastle-crafting items, and as a bonus the redundakkities keep coming ... so I am a happy molpy!
Btw, I looked at the code... wow... I do think that having a molpy at each line would be something to teach to new programmers, I'm sure they do help any program becoming a lot better!

tl;dr: y'all are doing awesomefully well... keep it up!
Waiting for it: Map of Time, same, no JS, Ages of Time.
Beginning a new story with every choice, no matter how small: Goodies.

waveney

Postby waveney » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

edfel wrote:Hi everyone :)
It's been a long time since I posted here, I've fallen back to "occasional lurker"... I still love the OTC+OTT couple, but without the constant enigma about where all this is going to, I've somehow lost the drive to post. Anyway...congrats for the works of art (er... and for the rest ^^ ;) ) that are still here on every NP!

Also, congrats to those who made this castle-builder game... at first I just clicked the link in someone's sig without knowing what to expect: I must say it's ch*rping awesomeful to have produced such a game. I'm still amazed by the quantity of fun leaking out of it, while the most fundamental precept of "waiting for it" has been so completely integrated. Great job, xuys :) Thanks to you, I am now the proud owner of an army of Newpixbots (which are efficient and carrying, and soon-to-be recursive...) and of a variety of other sandcastle-crafting items, and as a bonus the redundakkities keep coming ... so I am a happy molpy!
Btw, I looked at the code... wow... I do think that having a molpy at each line would be something to teach to new programmers, I'm sure they do help any program becoming a lot better!

Welcome back ED (Eternal Destiny) is responsible for 250% of the castle builder with a little help from others. Icons: BlitzGirl, ChronosDragon, and StormAngel. Code: ChronosDragon and me.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 pm UTC

Happy post-birthday.
Last edited by AluisioASG on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Selecting new quote…

Eternal Density

*molpies up*

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:43 pm UTC

Hi edfel! I remember you :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:08 pm UTC

waveney wrote:

Welcome back ED (Eternal Destiny) is responsible for 250% of the castle builder with a little help from others. Icons: BlitzGirl, ChronosDragon, and StormAngel. Code: ChronosDragon and me.

So there are 2.5 castle builder programs? who's running half a program?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm UTC

(Imagine lost quote from ED mentioning the other hotdog here)
There's another hotdog? When did that happen?

Speaking of hotdogs, can we still add questions to Know Thy Otter?

AluisioASG wrote:I think I feel like writing a story. And I think I know which one. I'm just not sure.

Ooh, yay! *waits for it*

BlitzGirl wrote:I've been doing a skimblitz of the early newpages (looking for images), and had to share this gem by our dear retired inquisitor:

Spoiler:
Dracomax, Newpage 134 wrote:Okay, I come back after another 30 or so newpix, and discover that somewhere along the line, people have invented some sort of 1981-esque newspeak, and am mystified, confused, shocked, appalled, and somewhat intrigued by the evolution of the new "time" society.

Then I find out the reckoning is happening, and am just dissapointed.

Until I realize with this thread, now that it has been suggested, We probably will create a new language that makes no sense to the uninitiated, thus in some ways making the reckoning irrelevant.

I'm not sure whether to be proud of my part in this, or deeply, deeply disturbed.

ye ken?

(Also, I had forgotten Aluisio was an Old One. Like, Newpage-15-ish Old One. So many of the names from the early newpages are unfamiliar that I was startled to see a current OTTer.)

Such foresight, Dracomax!

And I had no idea Aluisio was one of the Old Ones. :shock: That is why he is so wise.

BlitzGirl wrote:Ch*rp, StratPlayer's new sig is making me sad every Time I scroll past it on my skimblitz. :(

StratPlayer, in his sig wrote:Former member of the OTT, now moved on to other things...

(But I offer my fondest memories and warmest thoughts to all who remain or have come later)

OTT: memoratus in aeternum

I know. When I first saw that StratPlayer had come back, I was so excited. But then I saw that it was pretty much just to say goodbye again. It made me really sad.

azule wrote:P.S. Stupid Disney. They wouldn't have many characters without "borrowing", especially including Pooh. *shakes head* *tisks*

I know, right?

mishka wrote:Time should be spun off as it's own comic.

Well, we are all Waiting for Time II. Nice to see you, mishka. You've posted before, haven't you? Or am I confused because of mscha? :) Ah, now I see that you are an old one. Welcome back!

Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Is that beanONG...BLUE??

Nah, seems more purple. Might it be a iodine gas cloud? That means the temp is above 184°C (363°F) and thus not a good place to be in. The cloud will probably roll over Isle d'If and kill all Beanies. Thus end the Beanies.

YESSS! I missed the Thus ends predictions. Hee hee hee.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:50 pm UTC

Hi BlitzGirl! I just happened to notice your 4000 posts from the past and I thought I'd drop in. I mean, 4000 is a pretty nice number after all and I've never given out cake before, so why not?! (Yeah I couldn't really think of any good reasons either, so here I am!)

I was debating making something like this but I found one, so feel free to dig in.
Spoiler:

Yeah, yeah, I know, not the most fantastic looking cake. But that's okay, I'll make up for it with this appropriately themed lightning cake!
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: Recipient not required to be 10 years of age or go by the name Ian. All complaints will be dealt with by mouthful of cake.

Happy 4000th!

Hi everybody else! Hope things are going well up in the future! Things are going well for me back here. I've finally encountered these mysterious people who are now helping Mecueganball on the (maybe) top of the mountain so I'm currently enjoying all you linguists trying your best to figure out what they're saying. I've also caught up about 20NP since I last checked in, so at least I'm making progress :)

Hope not everybody's gone be the time I get back ;) Until then, just keep doing what you do best! *disappears*
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:13 pm UTC

Welcome, Gingercat! Randallspeed for (the rest of) your blitzing! (And thanks for poping me on this page! :P )
Welcome back, edfel!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:24 pm UTC

I've made some progress with the BlitzWord and sort of finished but it may be wrong.
Spoiler:
I finally figured out what 9 down was supposed to mean, and guessed the missing letter in 9 across based on the subject of the crossword (although I have no idea if it's right).
donut-solved.jpg

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:24 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:... And at this i haven't been having those dreams where I show up at rehearsal without my music, or the wrong music, or an hour late, or without my instruments...you get the picture. ...

Which caused me a mental picture of you dragging tympani on to the bus to get to rehearsal...
Or maybe on a motorcycle...
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

HES

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say...

Postby HES » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:28 pm UTC

Gingercat wrote:Greetings to all from Gingercat. I think I will like it here.

Hello! (Missed you at first, silly moderator limbo) I think you will too :D

Hi Soup, Hi Purplepants77! Nice to see some lurkers dropping by.

edfel! Nice to hear from you, and thanks :) Glad you're a happy, if a little quiet, molpy!
Last edited by HES on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm UTC

MUMBLONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm UTC

Oh, they've been rescued by the magic school bus!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

Thanks Neil, ED (cute alot), waveney, Zooman (and the loco-cake), Earthling (yikes, soon I'll have more posts after T** **d than before it!), Soup (yay ice cream!), yappo (treeish ottification, too), and Purplepants (baobabs, two cakes! Yum!). And thanks to anyone I missed in my ketchup! Love you xuys! Image

Hello to Gingercat! Best wishes on your long blitz!
Hi again, edfel! Hope the basement isn't too scary. :wink: It's treeish to see you!

yappobiscuits wrote:I figured out the circled letters (see edit in previous post)... I'm a silly molpy for not figuring it out sooner :P

Yes, you are. :wink: But it was a tricky one so that's okay, especially since I put punmustard all over my clues. I see in preview that you figured it out!
Here's my full solution (CROSSWORD SPOILERS):
Spoiler:
CrosswordScrumptiousDonutSolution.png
Hint/explanation of the circled letters:
Spoiler:
Start at the top of the "donut" and read them clockwise. :wink:

HES wrote:

Which reminds me,
RNMs are not excused.

*is punsaw'd*
Whew, I needed that after making the crossword! So much punning! Both halves of me feel much better now. :D
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

New userscript: Cake Time Styler. No more annoying or broken alert boxes. Just try it and see what happens.

lmjb1964 wrote:(Imagine lost quote from ED mentioning the other hotdog here)
There's another hotdog? When did that happen?

It's still just a spacial dust cloud, AFAIA.

lmjb1964 wrote:Speaking of hotdogs, can we still add questions to Know Thy Otter?

Yes. But there has been low demand, so I'm not checking as often as I could.

lmjb1964 wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:I think I feel like writing a story. And I think I know which one. I'm just not sure.

Ooh, yay! *waits for it*

I thought I knew which story to write. Now I'm not so sure again.
I have a whole universe in my head. I just need to know where to begin.
But first I need permission to post.

lmjb1964 wrote:And I had no idea Aluisio was one of the Old Ones. :shock: That is why he is so wise.

I was here when Man dipped his Foot into the Sea. I think. I learned a lot that day, and ever since.

lmjb1964 wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Is that beanONG...BLUE??

Nah, seems more purple. Might it be a iodine gas cloud? That means the temp is above 184°C (363°F) and thus not a good place to be in. The cloud will probably roll over Isle d'If and kill all Beanies. Thus end the Beanies.

YESSS! I missed the Thus ends predictions. Hee hee hee.

Something tells me he's only just begun.

HES wrote:Oh, they've been rescued by the magic school bus!

Weren't you the school bus driver?

For BG:
Spoiler:
I reserve myself the right to take your post count modulo anything.

For yb:
Spoiler:
That's what happens when you search for ‘14 cake’

And happy birthday, edfel. (Today, right? Or was it yesterday?)
Selecting new quote…

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

Just a quickie, more later. :)

Molpish LocoMolpy BlitzGirl! And I'm looking forward to doing the Scrumptious Dount. And happy p4k, and happy whatever birthday it is of yours!

That sure is a treeish locomolpycake, ZoomanSP! The following post by mscha was the original pope-post of 1594, just for the record. Gingercat Poped ZoomanSP.

Gingercat wrote:So. I finally registered. Been visiting the site for years and years, but never took the step to join the forum...

Until comic 1190.

Now, I'm up to Page 40 of this thread so far in a single "working" day, and still somehow being productive (I'm an IT Helpdesk guy), and the story of a sandcastle is slowly unfolding before me...

Perhaps never knowing of this makes me one of today's 10,000?

I'm also unsure as to whether this is actually "complete" or not - I'm posting this reply in the dark, as it were, and likely won't see any replies to this, my first post, until I "catch up" to this page. I've seen mention of a progress-so-far animation, but I'll only watch it once I've done my Time through reading the forum posts.

That will take a while, but I am fascinated. It means that I'm seeing each new frame significantly faster than the original schedule, but each new frame is still several minutes in the arrival... So I am indeed still waiting.

I can only wonder if my resolve to not view the animation can hold all the way through. Perhaps a self-social experiment? We shall see.

Greetings to all from Gingercat. I think I will like it here.
Welcome Gingercat! (We sure seem to have a lot of meowmolpies in our OtterClan!) We eagerly await your Glorious Arrival! And there will be Cake! (no lie!)

That's quite a BeanieStorm out there on the sea. Do the Beanies know about the sea? That it is big, and does what it wants? I suppose so, since they watched it get bigger, no matter what the Beanies did about it.

Alas yappobiscuits, I cannot hear soundcloud stuff. :(

It's been a long time since I posted here, I've fallen back to "occasional lurker"...
edfel! Welcome back! We missed you! (and your map, with all the lines, and labels, and symbols, and.... things!)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

Happy 1400 posts, yappo!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

The previous newpage surely looks a lot more colored with the styler.
Blitzers, I'd advise against installing it until you're done.
Selecting new quote…

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

Happy 1400, yappo! Image

Thanks for the cake, Aluisio! :) I wouldn't mind seeing your stories posted on the OTT.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”