1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

adnapemit

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby adnapemit » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:12 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:I ain't mad, just “operating on a higher plane of intelligence” as usual.

I believe this to be true since most of what you post flys right over my head.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:17 pm UTC

Waveney no. I just purchased Glass Ceiling 6, and have 0, 5 and 6. All my castle tools are sitting around 150 and the sand tools around 700. I'll wait for the ONG to see if that fixes it, but a reload doesn't. Curious. I am intrigued.

Pope decree: Sell Beanie babies for profit.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:36 pm UTC

HES wrote:
azule wrote:Thanks! But, wolpies on the way? Does it just mean get ready for the wolpies?

SBN is in charge of a number of wolpies, and has to get them organised to go anywhere.

"In charge of" in this case means, responsible for catering to their every whim.
And the "anywhere" in this case was 7 hours away (in normal hours, in Wolpy hours it turned into more like 9.) We've relocated, for now, to where middle-sized Wolpy's favorite person ever's new job is. We're not exactly moved, but we're here.
And yes, the saying I ottified has been correctly translated.
Here's how we looked starting out:
Spoiler:
ReadySetGo.JPG

And yes, after all that, I went to see Catching Fire last night. I think I liked the first one better. It didn't totally captivate me*. It's possible that the other events of my day contributed to that though.

*Well, it did, I'm on-screen as a captive, not obviously any place else, though there are a couple spots I'd like to search.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 pm UTC

Found it! I was using 99.9999994133% of sand production to make chips and blocks.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm UTC

yappobiscuits - Aweemptysome alternate reality! It burned my cheese!

Welcome kitnoki! We look forward to your Glorious Arrival To The Present In The Future!

Dracomax - !syTTO hsieerT I haven't listened to the latest ones (still people in coma) but have enjoyed the previous ones.

balthasar_s - A possible solution for your train-battery problem is to use an independent method of keeping the trains together. If the battery train had a horse pulling it, then that horse could be trained to follow the train that needs the battery for motive power. The horse, of course, will need oats for power, and oats need sunlight to grow. So, have a third train with mirrors on it. that will train the sunlight (there's plenty of it) on the train with the oat farm on it, which should be in front of the train with the horse. That makes it easier to train the horse to follow the train, because it will naturally be attracted to the oats.

Yanno, now that I think of it, it's easier to just staple the horse to the battery. Correct?

AluisioASG wrote:AJPWM 1

Only five lonely figures
Speak the language o' Cueball
Odd, transient creatures
Taught by the one above all

[...]
I think I've figured it out. Aluisio is Nostradamus! And Thirteen heptaposts!

Lovely leaf otty ggh! Are you referring to a camera in Outsidespaaaaace, or is it in the hotdog?

Dracomax wrote:Didn't there used to be at least one more secretive extragovernment agency that someone specifically denied being part of? I can't find it.
There's always at least one more secretive extragovernment agency. And no, I'm not a part of that one. Move along, nothing to see here. These are not the molpies you're looking for.

Dracomax wrote:
AlusisoASG wrote:I ain't mad, just “operating on a higher plane of intelligence” as usual. And DMQCE ETLUF ADBXY CSCWX ABFGJ BJTCS AQAAB BEDCA CIBRH BKPTJ AYLSS ENEGH BAJHT HBXYN AYMZZ ABIUB DZSSP AOJWZ AAFKL APCKM AOEYS ANGSO ARZRX AZLRL ASYCC DXVNZ
Point 1. Same difference, as far as those of us not on that plane can observe. We have no way to know whether you are delusional, and merely beleive yourself to be on a higher plane, or actually are.
The question isn't whether he's is on a higher plane of existence, the question is whether or not he's the pilot. :)

SBN wrote:We've relocated, for now, to where middle-sized Wolpy's favorite person ever's new job is. We're not exactly moved, but we're here.
So, is that a 301, a 307, or a 308? Or possibly a 302
(ni ni ni chihuahua tennis ball!)
Spoiler:
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes
302 Found
This is an example of industry practice contradicting the standard.[2] The HTTP/1.0 specification (RFC 1945) required the client to perform a temporary redirect (the original describing phrase was "Moved Temporarily"),[6] but popular browsers implemented 302 with the functionality of a 303 See Other. Therefore, HTTP/1.1 added status codes 303 and 307 to distinguish between the two behaviours.[7] However, some Web applications and frameworks use the 302 status code as if it were the 303.[8]
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
SBN wrote:We've relocated, for now, to where middle-sized Wolpy's favorite person ever's new job is. We're not exactly moved, but we're here.
So, is that a 301, a 307, or a 308? Or possibly a 302

Yes.
There were a lot of good posts while I was three-oh-something-ing, and as soon as I unpack my brain cells I'll be able to fully appreciate them.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

The OTT is back! Hooray!

Also, 700 posts! To celebrate, here is an OTTification. I had a dream recently that Randall had created Time II, and this song is praying for that to happen.

The Newpix
Based on The Rising by Bruce Springsteen

Spoiler:
Come on up for the newpix
Come on up to the Thread of Time
Come on up for the newpix tonight

Can't see nothin' in front of me
Can't feel nothin' since The End of Time
We're left to Wait in this darkness
I feel redundant when the end reminds me
Lost track of how far I've gone
How far I've blitzed, how much I've read
Coming up on seven hundred posts
Got no cake, here's a song instead.

Forum down this morning
Page errors filled the air
Stalwart against Outside's calling
Until the moment I could log back on here

Ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni, ni ni ni ni ni ni ni..

OTTers behind and around me
Though Time's gone, we're burnin' bright
May we stay so you can find me
Not giving this up without any fight

I see you Megan by the river
By the river of Temporal Knights
There's holy pictures made by Randall
Comet in a sky filled with light
May I wait for newpix once again
May Lord Randall draw us new grapevines
A dream of Time comes to me
Like a molphish dancin' on the end of my line

Frames of blackness and sorrow (a dream of Time)
Frames of love, frames of tears (a dream of Time)
Frames of glory and sadness (a dream of Time)
Frames of mercy, frames of fear (a dream of Time)
Frames of memory and shadow (a dream of Time)
Open the basement, let our flames relight!
Frames of longing and emptiness (a dream of Time)
Frames of fullness, frames of blessed life (a dream of Time)

Come on up for the newpix!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:37 pm UTC

balthasar - Neat story (TRAINSB ON THE MOON). Sorry about your handlebar. Maybe you can solder it and make it better, stronger, faster.

Dracomax - I don't know the melody, but the story-like nature of "The Buffygirl Song" really made it a pleasure to read. Kudos!

lmjb1964 wrote:And TDO still doesn't work for me. : (
I'm testing a fix for Chrome users. If you're among them, that may make you happy.

yappobiscuits wrote:Besides, we're allowed to be heretical outside the OTT! ...DAY! HOUR! RANDALL IS A REGULAR HUMAN! *cackles*
Hilarious, first of all. But, isn't the facebook group supposed to be another OTTer avenue not a freeway? :P

I find it disconcerting to see mrob, like, in the present, with his present talk. But I find it comforting that he is archiving all our attachments. So, you get a pass....for now.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:50 pm UTC

azule wrote:
Dracomax - I don't know the melody, but the story-like nature of "The Buffygirl Song" really made it a pleasure to read. Kudos!

There should be a link in all of my recent OTTifications that leads back to a youtube clip of the original song.

I highly encourage people to see the musical I am basing this on. When I have finished creating "The Last Five Newpix" I intend to gather them all together and put a bit more Story/clarification about what page each is occuring on.

Also, now that the OTT is working, I should probably report that during this last trip, I actually did briefly leap into Schollmate of Randall Munroe. Of course, I took the opportunity to look at what he was doodling in his notebook. For some reason, he seemed irritated, and drew a tree with a chainsaw....

It was a period of about 20 minutes, so I couldn't even access the OTT during that time.

In any case, I think I'm moving forward. direction is difficult to determine however, with no visible landmarks(timemarks?)

We shall see what happens.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:04 pm UTC

@waveney: Love the latest OTTercomic!
@SBN: Treeish to hear that you have transfered the wolpies from point A to point B, even if you're not officially "moved" yet.
@ggh: Wingish leaf manip!
@taixzo: Awesomeful ottification!
Oooh, a mountain woolpy in the newONGs!

Eternal Density wrote:I notice that one of the referrers to Sandcastle Builder is forum.dashnet.org. That would be the c**kie clicker forum!
yappobiscuits wrote:Just had a quick lookie at the cookies (forums), yeah a few people have linked to it there, and it's listed in the C**kie Cl*cker-like Hotdogs thread over there.

But the c**kies are EVIL... Have you noticed an influx of EVIL to the hotdog recently, ED?

Red Hal wrote:My Glass ladder has ceased providing sand. (v3.141). I am comfortable typing this sentence, but cannot think of another arena in which it would be understood.

That's nothing. You need to add a "ch*rping m*stard" to the end of that, if you want to sound completely Mad. :wink:

Red Hal wrote:So ... the forums have been slow recently, due to bots in China going a bit crazy and attacking the fora. Have we just been through our own judgement dip?

As long as we're done with the Dip, that's okay. I haven't got a 503 yet today, so I'm hopeful. Image

Dracomax wrote:Also, now that the OTT is working, I should probably report that during this last trip, I actually did briefly leap into Schollmate of Randall Munroe. Of course, I took the opportunity to look at what he was doodling in his notebook. For some reason, he seemed irritated, and drew a tree with a chainsaw....

Oh dear. I hope it wasn't something like this...
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Also, now that the OTT is working, I should probably report that during this last trip, I actually did briefly leap into Schollmate of Randall Munroe. Of course, I took the opportunity to look at what he was doodling in his notebook. For some reason, he seemed irritated, and drew a tree with a chainsaw....

Oh dear. I hope it wasn't something like this...
Spoiler:

more like this:Image

...probably a good thing Blitzgirl wasn't there.
“have i gone mad?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:13 pm UTC

(OTTercomic by Whizbang, NP 1382)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

MONGERED...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:50 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:(OTTercomic by Whizbang, NP 1382)

And what is old is new again :mrgreen:
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:54 pm UTC

HES wrote:And what is old is newgnu again :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:29 pm UTC

VITSSÅGEN, JA!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

cari.j.elliot

Postby cari.j.elliot » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:35 pm UTC

Ah-hah! I think this is what I had been looking for: http://xkcd.mscha.org/vieweraftertime/1/orig
I would like to request that anyone currently doing whatever and posting a large (or even medium) number/volume of responses in a singe post should
Spoiler:
spoiler them.
Thank you.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:43 pm UTC

cari.j.elliot wrote:Ah-hah! I think this is what I had been looking for: http://xkcd.mscha.org/vieweraftertime/1/orig

Yes, sorry no-one got back to you. We're an easily distracted bunch...
He/Him/His Image

azule
Saved

Re: Time-Capsule from mrob27, deposited NP757

Postby azule » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:59 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
⍄ ⍄ ⍄ No-Tinytext Script ⍃ ⍃ ⍃

I have been continuing my work on learning JavaScript to ENHANCE!E my Blitzing experience. My "No-Tinytext" script (for GreaseMonkey or TamperMonkey) causes all [sîze] tags smaller than 50% to be changed to a more readable size. This image demonstrates the effect using this post by @k.bookbinder as the example:

It's in the same GitHub as spoiler-opener.user.js, and can be installed by visiting:
mrob.com/time/scripts-beta/no-tinytext.user.js

Suggestions are welcome; an escalation involving other types of unreadable post content is inevitable :twisted:
Hi. I'm sorry I didn't share my work on this. I made a tiny text script a while ago, myself.

Code: Select all

// ==UserScript==
// @name Small Title Text
// @author azule
// @include http://*forums.xkcd.com/*
// @include http://*fora.xkcd.com/*
// @include http://*echochamber.me/*
// ==/UserScript==

var smallTT = {
   convert: function() {
      var span = document.getElementsByTagName('span');
      for (var i = span.length - 1; i >= 0; i--) {
         var spStyle = span[i].getAttribute('style');
         if (spStyle !== null && !spStyle.search(/font-size: [1-5]?[0-9]%/)) {
            if (!spStyle.search(/font-size: [1]?[0-9]%/)) {
               span[i].style.outline = "1px dotted red";
            }
            // span[i].setAttribute('title',span[i].firstChild.nodeValue);
            span[i].setAttribute('title',span[i].textContent);
         }
      };
   }

};

window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', smallTT.convert);

I thought, first, about just increasing the size, as you did, but that seemed like it would take away from the effect intended by the OTTer, plus I would be nonethewiser, which wouldn't be fun. This script instead simply adds title text to small text, and to teeny-tiny text, it additionally adds a red outline (because otherwise they would be easy to miss). Note: I did not check out your code yet, just saw how it worked different than mine.

Mine is also in need of a fix for when the tint text is styled or linked. I think I know how, but just gotta do it. Maybe that fix is already present in your code. :)
Okay, I guess this motivated me to find the 11-character fix. hehe.
Last edited by azule on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:42 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

Uh.... Dracomax... do I smell heresy?

Dracomax wrote:I could spend a newpix on the hill
I could build sandcastles in Seville
But it wouldn't be as nice as a wip without??? OTT

We just had a single dix without the OTT... the only thing that was nice about that was that I got to Wait For It. :)

Jose

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Uh.... Dracomax... do I smell heresy?

Dracomax wrote:I could spend a newpix on the hill
I could build sandcastles in Seville
But it wouldn't be as nice as a wip without??? OTT

We just had a single dix without the OTT... the only thing that was nice about that was that I got to Wait For It. :)

Jose

If you read the entire thing, or listen to the original, it is pretty obvious that the idea is that they are trying to convince themselves.
For instance...
From the end of the OTTification:
I could chew on tin foil for a spell
I could get a root canal in hell
But it wouldn't be as swell as this wip is gonna be!
'Cause the torture is just exiting, while I'm trying to get a ping
So hurry up, schmuck, get unstuck and get on the scene

Or, from the original:
I could have a mansion on the hill
I could lease a villa in Seville
But it wouldn't be as nice as a summer in Ohio
With a gay midget named Karl, playing Tevia and Porgy

Keep in mind, the original song is about how much she detests being in Ohio, and not with her new Husband...
“have i gone mad?

balthasar_s

"Time": 1190: Re

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

azule wrote:balthasar - Neat story (TRAINSB ON THE MOON). Sorry about your handlebar. Maybe you can solder it and make it better, stronger, faster.

That's what I'm going to do. If it fails I'll make a new handlebar. In the meantime I'll use one of my other bikes

BlitzGirl wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:N I noticed that when I post it's not always clear if I'm in my serious mode or if I'm doing such things as this post. If i'm overdoing it and confusing you too much, let me know.

I like such things. :) Molpish illustrations!

Thanks. But none of the illustrations was made for this post. I reused them because they were RELATED. The drawings are fragments of comics I made in 2010/2011. The gif is a fragment of a video I'm making currently. And the time portal pictaur is an actual picture of the time portal taken in 2008 when I didn't know it was a time portal.

I just realised that with this picture and the otters map, the portal can easily be found. Don't tell anybody about my time portal!

Also, the link in AluisioASG's sig (http://time.aasg.name/ottmap/) doesn't display otters.
But when changed to http://time.aasg.name/ott-map/ everything works.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Eternal Density

Molpy Up

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:15 pm UTC

The number of active hotdog users is currently 214. Though when I awoke upon theoONG, it was in the 240s. ETA FYI detected 50 instances of timetravel within the last shortpix. Most common destinations are newpix 2 and 1.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 pm UTC

Huh. Apparently, I leapt into myself, only about a wip ago. This seems to have had the odd effect of causing a corona that inverts energy levels on the visible electromagnetic spectrum. I've just now caught up to your present(still about a Wip in my past...)
“have i gone mad?

waveney

Re: Molpy Up

Postby waveney » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:The number of active hotdog users is currently 214. Though when I awoke upon theoONG, it was in the 240s. ETA FYI detected 50 instances of timetravel within the last shortpix. Most common destinations are newpix 2 and 1.

Good Mornip

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:31 pm UTC

I just got back from a long and molpish walk. I saw a squirpy! A pretty rare and treeish sight around here since we only have red squirpies and they're a lot more elusive than their grey cousins.
adnapemit wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:I ain't mad, just “operating on a higher plane of intelligence” as usual.

Did you get that one, BlitzGirl?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:If you read the entire thing, or listen to the original, it is pretty obvious that the idea is that they are trying to convince themselves.
For instance...
From the end of the OTTification:
I could chew on tin foil for a spell
I could get a root canal in hell
But it wouldn't be as swell as this wip is gonna be!
'Cause the torture is just exiting, while I'm trying to get a ping
So hurry up, schmuck, get unstuck and get on the scene
Ok... I was reading it while I was listening to the original, and I figured it might have been something like that. But you can't be too careful! A retired Inquisitor ought to understand that! :)

yappobiscuits wrote:I just got back from a long and molpish walk. I saw a squirpy! A pretty rare and treeish sight around here since we only have red squirpies and they're a lot more elusive than their grey cousins.
adnapemit wrote:

Did you get that one, BlitzGirl?
You're not asking if she saw it, are you?

Jose

azule
Saved

Re: Time-Capsule from mrob27, deposited NP757

Postby azule » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:53 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Knowing that "great ones" would surely notice the problem and apply their seaish powers to address it, I instead found a slightly different way to Blitz (just keep a couple OldNewPages pre-loaded in tabs) and declared that...

⍄ ⍄ ⍄ It's O̶T̶T̶503ification Time! ⍃ ⍃ ⍃

P.S. We're at "Penis minus 6" and counting...
Since I was the first to admit this kind of tactic, I hereby declare it be known as cacheBlitzing (or heretically, as cacheBinging). It is similar to an archive binge, but you only get to binge on what you have stored in your cache.

I saw a few of those 503ips on the wiki while I was doing some editing. I like them.

Your PenisSize made me think of something. Our milestones. 100 is where you get to say Penis and 200 you get to say something more dirty *shrug*? So, two thoughts. One: We should make a list of milestones and what we should say at each. Two: we should also use those for milestones in life, like in dating. "Oh, it's our Penisversary, hon. I love you. Here's my Penis in a box." This would be in dix, of course. ;)

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: "Time": 1190: Re

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:07 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Also, the link in AluisioASG's sig (http://time.aasg.name/ottmap/) doesn't display otters.
But when changed to http://time.aasg.name/ott-map/ everything works.

It's a known “too much recursion” issue. Let's see if I can finally trace it…

azule wrote:Your PenisSize made me think of something. Our milestones. 100 is where you get to say Penis and 200 you get to say something more dirty *shrug*? So, two thoughts. One: We should make a list of milestones and what we should say at each. Two: we should also use those for milestones in life, like in dating. "Oh, it's our Penisversary, hon. I love you. Here's my Penis in a box." This would be in dix, of course. ;)

I cringe at the thought of what BlitzGirl would say at her next one…
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

It would have to be the OTTish equivalent of the ELDER SWEAR.

But still...
azule wrote:We should make a list of milestones and what we should say at each.

That sounds suspiciously like a standard to me! Ni ni ni chupapenis ping pong boob.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

Hotdog update

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm UTC

Code: Select all

## Changelog

## 3.1415
- Disabled the jQuery preload of next newpix because it was not working and was spitting out errors for some
- faster seaish (big) upgrades of Sand Purifier and Glass Extruder (waveney)
- Redundatracking, and some tracking bugfixes
- Beachball boost fix: ensure change to blue is after bots have activated
- Sawtracking
better go eat my cornflakes, they've been sitting in the bowl for... half a nopix at least?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

ENDURONGNESS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

HES

Re: Hotdog update

Postby HES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:45 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:better go eat my cornflakes, they've been sitting in the bowl for... half a nopix at least?

Ew. Soggy cereal is distinctly steambottlish.
He/Him/His Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:48 pm UTC

I just updated my script and if you can figure out how to install it and are using it you can test it on Dracomax's recent post where he used a color tag inside a size tag.

Just in case you hadn't noticed, I'm currently blind-posting while I ketchup.

HES

Find it. OTTify it.

Postby HES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 pm UTC

I just found another othercomic that I don't remember seeing before.

He/Him/His Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:Didn't there used to be at least one more secretive extragovernment agency that someone specifically denied being part of? I can't find it.

Did I miss any major events or organizations?

Well, there is certainly no-one on this thread associated with RAZOR, Raptor and Zombie Observation and Relocation. BTW, RAZOR reportedly had some documents leaked, but WIkiLeaks hasn't been able to release them because I haven't had the time government agents are still trying to suppress them.

Red Hal wrote:My Glass ladder has ceased providing sand. (v3.141). I am comfortable typing this sentence, but cannot think of another arena in which it would be understood.

For some reason, that just strikes me as a beautiful thing.

adnapemit wrote:

Is that a Vittsagen I hear in the distance?

ucim wrote:balthasar_s - A possible solution for your train-battery problem is to use an independent method of keeping the trains together. If the battery train had a horse pulling it, then that horse could be trained to follow the train that needs the battery for motive power. The horse, of course, will need oats for power, and oats need sunlight to grow. So, have a third train with mirrors on it. that will train the sunlight (there's plenty of it) on the train with the oat farm on it, which should be in front of the train with the horse. That makes it easier to train the horse to follow the train, because it will naturally be attracted to the oats.

Yanno, now that I think of it, it's easier to just staple the horse to the battery. Correct?

Y'all are just trying to make BlitzGirl's head explode, aren't you?

HES wrote:
cari.j.elliot wrote:Ah-hah! I think this is what I had been looking for: http://xkcd.mscha.org/vieweraftertime/1/orig

Yes, sorry no-one got back to you. We're an easily distracted bunch...

No, we are not. We're very focused and single-minded and--ooh, I wonder how the hotdog is doing. *leaves*

azule wrote:Your PenisSize made me think of something. Our milestones. 100 is where you get to say Penis and 200 you get to say something more dirty *shrug*? So, two thoughts. One: We should make a list of milestones and what we should say at each. Two: we should also use those for milestones in life, like in dating. "Oh, it's our Penisversary, hon. I love you. Here's my Penis in a box." This would be in dix, of course. ;)

And I'm sure you know there's a song about that.

Oh, and a Chrome fix for TDO would be awesomeful, thanks!

yappobiscuits wrote:It would have to be the OTTish equivalent of the ELDER SWEAR.

But still...
azule wrote:We should make a list of milestones and what we should say at each.

That sounds suspiciously like a standard to me! Ni ni ni chupapenis ping pong boob.

:D

ggh, wingish picture!

taixzo, happy 700 and beautiful Otty.

Where'd the woolpy go? :(

And no one has tackled Aluisio's riddle. Oscar, Juliet and Charlie are the--what's it called? Not International Phonetic Alphabet, that other thing--for O, J and C. And then he talks about 5 alphas, although I count 6 As. But he also says something about "Oscar" being there 14 times, and there aren't 14 Os. Any thoughts?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

Apparently I missed some puns while I was away, so help yourself:
Spoiler:
*plate of scrumptious donuts*
Treeish ottification, HES! :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

RELATEDNESS comes next

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:51 pm UTC

Has anyone here ever read Bittersweet Candy Bowl? It's stuck on ExplainXKCD's ad block and I'm considering donating¹.

And Sciscitor, if you see this, I think you could use rewrite rules to run the database directly at db.chirpingmustard.com.

¹ I should have donated to someone working on the Haiyan aftermath or to Archive.org ages ago. Therefore, when I say ‘considering’, I mean ‘unlikely’.

EDIT: Got linked to this transport network maps website. They have maps from the OTC!
Selecting new quote…

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:ChronosDragon, alternate reality head of a major Ttimetravel Corp, has recently met and promoted himself to high position.

Correct. However, alternate futurepast me is currently off on an extratemporal exploratory voyage, at the moment.

HES wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:better go eat my cornflakes, they've been sitting in the bowl for... half a nopix at least?

Ew. Soggy cereal is distinctly steambottlish.

Depends on the kind. I'm a regular consumer of a certain brand of ring-shaped bee-fluid-and-hard-shelled-fruit cereal that gives the residual milk a distinct sweet and savory flavor when it has been soaking for a while. Though I suppose the cereal itself, then, isn't exactly grapevineish.

AluisioASG

Should we consider an OTT Archive project?

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

Riddle hints follow:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:And no one has tackled Aluisio's riddle.

Sadly. I was considering a prize.

lmjb1964 wrote:Oscar, Juliet and Charlie are the--what's it called? Not International Phonetic Alphabet, that other thing--for O, J and C.

“International Radiotelephony Spelling Alphabet”. Not a phonetic alphabet, despite being known as such.

lmjb1964 wrote:And then he talks about 5 alphas, although I count 6 As.

There are many ways to represent a number. The decimal 3099, for example, can be represented as 0C1B₁₆, 6033₈ ⅯⅯⅯⅩⅭⅨᵣ, ΧΧΧΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΠΙΙΙΙₖ… or AAEPF.

lmjb1964 wrote:But he also says something about "Oscar" being there 14 times, and there aren't 14 Os.

It's a binary operation. And Oscar isn't there, he moves.
Selecting new quote…

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”