1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ChronosDragon

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:42 am UTC

Newpixbot is pope. This is interesting. Does newpixbot have any previously declared implicit decrees, or does mscha get to determine the decree for this page?

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:48 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Newpixbot is pope. This is interesting. Does newpixbot have any previously declared implicit decrees, or does mscha get to determine the decree for this page?

I would not dare to presume to speak for our robot overlord (did I say overlord, I meant protector)...

Here's an animation update on the panning.
24 frames now. If that is a molpy behind the bush on the right, it's been sitting perfectly still, even as the capricolpy walked by. Not much else happening...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:52 am UTC

I think I'll post an old-fashioned OTTcolor just for fun:

M Frame 2495

Spoiler:
2495-color-3.png
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:59 am UTC

mscha wrote:YONG...

-- posted by newpixbot

Yong is the Chinese word for "courage" or "brave" as an adjective; "soldier" as a noun. It would seem newpixbot is instructing us to some brave or courageous act, to soldier for some cause. Fellow OTTers, our brave, robotic pope is rallying us to a cause! We need to take $enemy's territory and avenge $lostlovedones! For newpixbot!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:02 am UTC

kitnoki wrote:Newpix 144 or there-abouts. Newpage 560. Cuegan Move up the river and discover the first sign of vegetation.It is my first time on the XKCD fora, or any forum really, and so I thought I'd start at the beginning. Little did I know... What I thought was to be a research project has become a pilgrimage. As I post this I've been reading the needle-pulled-thing for just over 144 Newpix (Oldpix? Longpix?). The Legendary Blitzgirl has reached Her present, my Present, and your distant past. Like her i will read it all. I know I am not the first, but I know it can be done. I know I've lost at least one post to mustard. Wish me luck.

Welcome, Revealer the Recent!
Your first post was not lost, just buried in moderation and mustard.
kitnoki wrote:Another archeologist steps forward. I've come to this thread long after the end of Time ( though what are these pictures I see?), and had planned to blitz all the way from start to finish on what I had assumed was a long dead thread, seeking only knowledge for myself about what I had watched. This.... was not to be.
The thread grabbed me, and I began to feel guilty for taking and not contributing. The plan was long to continue my pilgrimage alone anyway... even as I discovered other blitzers. Finally... I simply had to post. I saw the legendary Blitzgirl online. Still I continue my Blitz. 78 newpix in. Newpage 388. Wish me luck.

Blitz well, send us word of your progress.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:14 am UTC

Rainymip wrote:AOGKV ABEYA AGSGA AGVGO AUUNF ARZUW BTAYC AAFIR AZIRB ATWIF AIQBM ABGWU AIQHG ALMJP CTYNS ASXPB AFYUY AXOIT ADDUW DZTTZ AGVEN AOKDJ BFZOJ AKOCK BBFQP AVPLR CDFJM AJORT BGXQA AFUVO DEIDK BISXJ AKMAA AIQMV COMHL ABHBK FENLA BBIIU ATYZO BRZWC BYQGN AAETK BSCAA CSFHB BQFZE ACZHP ABDOV BOMRJ BJVNO BCGND AKRCX AHRKX BVAJD ASZVL APDYA BWSWH BBLBS BNLJO ADBQI BDCLT AFTLB BKQAN

?

SBN, the one who always knows what to say to comfort us in times of need.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

I like the new clock design also.

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:18 am UTC

Newpixbot obviously wants people to make molpish icons for the hotdog.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:21 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Hi everymolpy!

I just found some time to post again. During the last xips, I followed the OTT, but I was otherwise very busy. Thank you xuys for wishing me good luck with my move. The real move will follow around Christmas (and probably even not then, since I'll almost directly head to the bush to do some field work); so far I am visiting a lab at a famous university that rhymes with m*stard.

What is the field work you'll be doing?

I'll be working on the mutualistic association between antmolpies2 and flutterbees (mainly while they're still redundakitterpillars9).

Hi pelrigg! Molpish to see you again! That's a wingish OTColourification!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:24 am UTC

Yeah, the 50th was pretty nifty. and now that the freelancers aren't so busy...

And there are plans. Oh yes, wheels within wheels within tobaggans...,.
Last edited by Dracomax on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Eternal Density

micro hotdog update

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:25 am UTC

Code: Select all

## 3.151
- Missed buckets in my phone-only mustard sand-tool-rate fix, which cost me a factory automation run because I had no sand unexpectedly
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:35 am UTC

@yappobiscuits: Treeish legoses!
@pelrigg: Wingish OTColored! It's molpish to see you!
@Dracomax: Wowtreeish comic! So funny! :D

kitnoki wrote:What I thought was to be a research project has become a pilgrimage. As I post this I've been reading the needle-pulled-thing for just over 144 Newpix (Oldpix? Longpix?). The Legendary Blitzgirl has reached Her present, my Present, and your distant past. Like her i will read it all. I know I am not the first, but I know it can be done. I know I've lost at least one post to mustard. Wish me luck.

I'm glad you were able to stick with us through the 503 m*stard! Now that you're past the point where I reached the Present, it might be Time for some sigcouragement...

Eternal Density wrote:Newpixbot obviously wants people to make molpish icons for the hotdog.

Oh, in that case I should probably follow our robot overpope.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:36 am UTC

Decided to crack down on my Hotdog strategies because I've been flattening out in my sand/castle build rates. Went to the wiki and did all the easy things I could find (got beach ball, sold/bought things to unlock a few boosts I hadn't gotten yet, provoked newpixbots to judgement dip level 13). Not sure what to do now, though, besides try for redundakitties and ninja stealth. Also not sure if I've gotten everything I can from judgement dip or if I need to keep sacrificing castles.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:46 am UTC

Chirpin' brilliant comic, Dracomax! It'll be continued, right? I hope so!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:26 am UTC

Just a few of us holding down the fort tonip.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:30 am UTC

GREENWONGS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:34 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Decided to crack down on my Hotdog strategies because I've been flattening out in my sand/castle build rates. Went to the wiki and did all the easy things I could find (got beach ball, sold/bought things to unlock a few boosts I hadn't gotten yet, provoked newpixbots to judgement dip level 13). Not sure what to do now, though, besides try for redundakitties and ninja stealth. Also not sure if I've gotten everything I can from judgement dip or if I need to keep sacrificing castles.

Did you get the "Machine Learning" badge? If so, you have everything from Judgement Dip. If not, wait for ... DORD to give whatever boosts you haven't gotten yet. Other than that, I don't think I can be of much help. I have no idea what the beach ball is. (For reference: I'm building KWW castles per ong and just bought blackprints but don't know what to do with it yet)

And to everyone, I'm still here enjoying everything. If you've done something OTTish and don't think you've received enough thanks/credit/accolades/worship for it yet, consider this a personal thank you for your wowtreeish creativity and hard work. Image

Spoiler:
Nothing redundant to put here besides that the reason I haven't been posting much is that I feel like I don't have much to add to the OTT (no pity please, I don't feel bad about it or anything). It's just that my primary talents aren't of the artistic types that you all seem to have in spades. Actually, the OTT has been a way for me to dabble in some of the more creative arts that I've never been comfortable with on the outside. Maybe I shouldn't be waiting for inspiration to OTTify another song or othercomic, but I never like the outcome if I try to force it.

Anyway, I'm not going to stop reading and enjoying everything and I'll post if I think there's something I can do to make the OTT even better than the awesomeful place it already is. So no basement for me, even though a damp dark place with lots of nooks and corners to hide in may sound like a good place for a slug.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:59 am UTC

Good luck to kitnoki & hello to pelrigg plus lovely fuzzy grass colpix. :)

Neat comic, Dracomax. I like the background/foreground action. That's what she said.

balthasar_s wrote:In the near future I will have much less time for posting here (but I already have no time!) because...
Let's say I'll have a superimportant mission on the Otherskycircle.
This otherskycircle must be a basement. I'm worried about losing more members. Facebook gobbled some up (but maybe they would have otherwise not posted either?) while others just left. Maybe those blitzers will arrive inthe present by the time you leave. ah screw it, :cry: , I'm gonna miss you.

lol.

I guess it's time to start stalking you watching your videos.

lmjb1964 wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Tuesdip - 503 mustard
Wednesdip - TimeAccessors at Home being stolen mustard. Chirping brothers leaving front doors open.
Thursdip - No I will not use the college's computers to look at the OTT because it's most likely blocked.
Fridip - Internet access at OtherHome mustard.

Minim, I'm so sorry to hear about this ch*rping m*stard. Did they find the guys that took your TimeAccessors?
Oh, that's what that all means. It's funny how confused I am getting by things posted here. But anyways, sorry that your lapleopard was kittynapped. :(

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Eternal Density

LOL Dracomax!

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:17 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Newpixbot obviously wants people to make molpish icons for the hotdog.

Oh, in that case I should probably follow our robot overpope.
Yestthere's so many new boosts and badges, and the new tools have been sadly lacking for a lONG Time.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:29 am UTC

I'm still here (and will be for some time still). I'm just busy playing with the C preprocessor and resolving merges in Mercurial.
Spoiler:
I don't understand a word of what ByTeFlUsH writes on Facebook. Well, except for ‘mysql’, ‘UTF-8’ and ‘BSOD’.
Selecting new quote…

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:32 am UTC

azule wrote:I'm worried about losing more members. Facebook gobbled some up (but maybe they would have otherwise not posted either?)

I'm certain nobody left because of the FB group. Sure, there are some people who don't post here any more who still hang around there from time to time, but if we didn't have the FB group I'm pretty certain they'd just not be posting anywhere.

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:33 am UTC

Wonderful ottercomics, new blitzers, slinches the Good slug, and people being nice to eachother!
I've said it before, but third is the best place on the internet. :mrgreen:
Edit: thread, not third. But where did thirds go? I miss him!
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:35 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
azule wrote:I'm worried about losing more members. Facebook gobbled some up (but maybe they would have otherwise not posted either?)

I'm certain nobody left because of the FB group. Sure, there are some people who don't post here any more who still hang around there from time to time, but if we didn't have the FB group I'm pretty certain they'd just not be posting anywhere.

I agree. I think if we weren't able to see them on Facebook, they would simply have vanished like so many other past OTTers. As it is, it's nice to still have a bit of a connection. :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:38 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:

I still haven't joined the facebook group, because Facebook doesn't let you sign up without selecting a gender.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:00 am UTC

HES wrote:Especially the forgetful ones, who still haven't got round to reading Acts of the Clerics... :oops:
Pretty soon you'll have to blitz it. Thirty chapters and another coming soon. :)

This long pan is certainly intriguing. I can't imagine what we'll find... but we get to wait for it!

Lovely Otty pelrigg!

Dracomax too! (But the link behind it takes me to a blank photobucket page. I've allowed the scripts that I don't recognize as data-scrapers and ad-servers, and it's still blank. What it it supposed to go to)?

@slinches - always good to hear from you. Don't worry if your creative efforts don't meet your expectations, we still want to see/hear them! Lots of times people self-censor themselves$ when they have really molpish stuff but don't realize how treeish it is. It would be sad to let that happen. :)

taixzo wrote:I still haven't joined the facebook group, because Facebook doesn't let you sign up without selecting a gender.
... and I haven't joined facebook because I don't trust them. Not a whit.

But I won't be leaving here any time soon. :)

$redundancy

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:43 am UTC

slinches wrote:Nothing redundant to put here besides that the reason I haven't been posting much is that I feel like I don't have much to add to the OTT (no pity please, I don't feel bad about it or anything). It's just that my primary talents aren't of the artistic types that you all seem to have in spades. Actually, the OTT has been a way for me to dabble in some of the more creative arts that I've never been comfortable with on the outside. Maybe I shouldn't be waiting for inspiration to OTTify another song or othercomic, but I never like the outcome if I try to force it.

That's okay. We always appreciate posts by fellow OTTers, especially now that we're down to a core group, and it's nice to see you when you do post! My basement molpies are appeased...for now... Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:15 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:now that we're down to a core group

So, it has come to this.

I should coma. It's 6am and I'm already having a headache. I just need to commit and push these last changes…
Selecting new quote…

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:24 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:

I agree. I think if we weren't able to see them on Facebook, they would simply have vanished like so many other past OTTers. As it is, it's nice to still have a bit of a connection. :)
Maybe you can do a weekly round up of AWOL OTTers on Facebook like you did for the 503. A weekly (or is it weeply) feature.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:30 am UTC

ONGRESSIVE...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:40 am UTC

azule wrote:Maybe you can do a weekly round up of AWOL OTTers on Facebook like you did for the 503. A weekly (or is it weeply) feature.

I'm not even sure that would be worth it. Sure, when the thread was down there was a flurry of activity over there, but most of the time there's not even all that much from regular OTTers, let alone those who've left... It's not a bad idea though, I just don't think a wiply thing would be worth it. Maybe an irregular thing, just if anything pops up over there that's worth sharing. :)

ETA: But funnily enough, this was just shared over there by Tatiana: An audio interview with everyone's favourite deity! Not sure what it's about yet or whether he talks about the OTC as I've only just started listening to it, but yeah.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:45 am UTC

Yeah, for the most part the Facebook group is redundant. We share an OTTercomic now and then (also posted over here) or maybe a RELATED picture, and Kieryn notifies us of his newslides, things like that. If I thought there would be molpish value to the OTT, I probably would have posted excerpts before now - but until the 503 crisis, there wasn't too much happening over there.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:56 am UTC

So I just read the comic, and I find this and an entire subculture based around it that seems quite complicated! This is what I love about the internet, the fact that things like this happen around great things like time. I hope to become a regular poster here, as this is incredibly interesting to me.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:ETA: But funnily enough, this was just shared over there by Tatiana: An audio interview with everyone's favourite deity! Not sure what it's about yet or whether he talks about the OTC as I've only just started listening to it, but yeah.

Have now listened to it all: It's actually really interesting and insightful! I've always thought of Randall as this kind of genius who's super knowledgeable about everything ever and whose intelligence vastly dwarfs mine, but hearing about how he does a lot of his really geeky comics straight after only having just learned about whatever geeky thing it's about, and how when he does his big infographics it's mainly more about helping himself understand rather than teaching others... it makes me think that maybe we're not so different after all. :P It's also really interesting to hear him talk about his buffer. I'm always amazed at how he posts comics that are almost always really clever, funny, and inspired every single Monday, Wednesday and Friday without fail. Most other webcomic artists take a day off every now and then so I always presumed he must have an enormous buffer or stash of unpublished othercomics. But he says he doesn't! I guess he is a bit of a genius then!

And yes, around 40:45 they discuss the OTC! Goes more in depth than the blag post actually. He talks about how he did Click and Drag, saw how popular it was, and then wanted to do something on that scale again only "exploring time instead of space". He also talks about how he did indeed put up the first frame before the whole thing was finished, thinking he'd drawn enough already to stay ahead of it, but underestimated how much more work some of the later frames would be and was struggling to keep up. So we can forgive him for mustard! He also adds "it's something I'd like to explore more" (after he's built back some energy from this one) :mrgreen: So lets continue to Wait For It! He also talks about how, with both the OTC and C&D, he deliberately tried to make it difficult to view - not being able to zoom or quickly scroll in C&D, and not being able to skip forward and back in Time, and having to Wait For It. Then he adds that he actually used the third party viewing platforms like Geekwagon himself to help in creating it, checking to help remember what was in previous frames etc. His final comment in the OTC section is: "As someone who is obsessively generating it, by the end I felt a real kinship with the people who were obsessively trying to decode it all." See, GLR loves us all! :mrgreen:

balthasar_s

I'm not leaving.

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 am UTC

azule wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:In the near future I will have much less time for posting here (but I already have no time!) because...
Let's say I'll have a superimportant mission on the Otherskycircle.
This otherskycircle must be a basement. I'm worried about losing more members. Facebook gobbled some up (but maybe they would have otherwise not posted either?) while others just left. Maybe those blitzers will arrive inthe present by the time you leave. ah screw it, :cry: , I'm gonna miss you.

lol.

I guess it's time to start stalking you watching your videos.

NO. I'm not going to leave. I've already proven it impossible. And I don't want to. I like this place too much. You, otters are of the very few people that don' respond to my actions by "What are you doing, Balthasar? Stop it already!

I'll have some extra work to do and not enough time to read and post as much as I'd like to. But I'm still here. At the end of the year things will come back to normal. Or that's what they said.

And ChronosDragon, look what i found on my bookshelf. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there yesterday.
Spoiler:

Redundant
Spoiler:
And another one:
riveer.JPG
THE CASE OF THE LITTLE RIVER

redunbook.JPG
The Redundant BOOK OF REDUNDANCIES
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 am UTC

I skimmed for the news that there's info on Time. Will read the rest of your post later. Currently listening, starting minute 41.

10 minutes later...

Edit: Holy shit. We have confirmation that we had a hand in Time. How fucking cool. Thanks, Tatiana for finding that. Come back, btw. :P

I really hated how the radio guys kept calling it "Med Flood"....Wrong!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:47 am UTC

Welcome, SehWho! It's great that we're still getting new people even this long after T** **d! :D

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 am UTC

Quick approval, that's molpish! I notice that we had a post deleted somewhere in the past eight newpages or so, too, since the popes have been goated.

SehWho wrote:So I just read the comic, and I find this and an entire subculture based around it that seems quite complicated! This is what I love about the internet, the fact that things like this happen around great things like time. I hope to become a regular poster here, as this is incredibly interesting to me.

Wowterful! Welcome, SehWho! Looking forward to seeing you around! :)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:14 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I notice that we had a post deleted somewhere in the past eight newpages or so, too, since the popes have been goated.

Just guessing but I think it might have been the mysterious post I was refering too earlier since I am back to being in pope position on newpage 1622 after being pushed forward from goat by kitnoki. I never found the post but it was at least 100+ newpages in the past (and possibly hundreds more by my guessing). Either that or one coincidentally got deleted far enough back to return people to their original positions.

Edit: spelling.
Last edited by adnapemit on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:41 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Eternal Density

Sorry I haven't said much todip

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:18 am UTC

Code: Select all

## 3.153
- Discovery Detector messages go to log
- Typo in Discovery Detector (yay not mine)
- I forgot to wrap the Sand Monument images in the new URL function I'd extracted when attempting to do preloading
- So now Sand Monument images will actually appear
- Another DD change by waveney
- Stats shows partial blackprints, also by waveney (wish I'd thought of that! Well I hope I would have, but it's a moot point question now :P)
- Forgot to change a number when I supposedly made Mysterious Representations activate at lower AC levels, making it go backwards
- I updated Google Chrome and now I can't look at the console and sources at the same time. (Just felt like complaining)
- Panther Rush checks that you have the required logicat levels when buying it
- Panther Rush asks the user if you really want to spend the logicat levels before using them
- Panther Rush reunlocks after usage if you have enough Logicat levels for its next (or current, if you declined to buy it) level
- That's because the confirmation actually happens after buying so it has to lock and unlock to ensure the number of boosts owned comes out right
- Assuming it does come out right (let me know if you see any wonky numbers: someone reported an issue with negative boosts owned a while back and though I haven't bene able to reproduce it, that doesn't mean it can't happen in some circumstances)
- Rambled in changelog. I'm surprised I managed to avoid doing that for so long. I tend to ramble. Especially when... nevermind

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:50 am UTC

Thank Randall, balthasar. *phew*

SehWho wrote:So I just read the comic, and I find this and an entire subculture based around it that seems quite complicated! This is what I love about the internet, the fact that things like this happen around great things like time. I hope to become a regular poster here, as this is incredibly interesting to me.
welcome!! You must have read my worries and come to the rescue. I forgot to include newbies. Newbies and Blitzers and us regulars Irregulars!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:26 pm UTC

slinches wrote:
And to everyone, I'm still here enjoying everything. If you've done something OTTish and don't think you've received enough thanks/credit/accolades/worship for it yet, consider this a personal thank you for your wowtreeish creativity and hard work. Image

Spoiler:
Nothing redundant to put here besides that the reason I haven't been posting much is that I feel like I don't have much to add to the OTT (no pity please, I don't feel bad about it or anything). It's just that my primary talents aren't of the artistic types that you all seem to have in spades. Actually, the OTT has been a way for me to dabble in some of the more creative arts that I've never been comfortable with on the outside. Maybe I shouldn't be waiting for inspiration to OTTify another song or othercomic, but I never like the outcome if I try to force it.

Anyway, I'm not going to stop reading and enjoying everything and I'll post if I think there's something I can do to make the OTT even better than the awesomeful place it already is. So no basement for me, even though a damp dark place with lots of nooks and corners to hide in may sound like a good place for a slug.

Slinches! be careful...there are mindslugs running around out here, and we cdon't want someone to put a pumpkin on you mistakenly!
ucim wrote:Dracomax too! (But the link behind it takes me to a blank photobucket page. I've allowed the scripts that I don't recognize as data-scrapers and ad-servers, and it's still blank. What it it supposed to go to)?

Jose

Yeah, I just forgot to strip the extra infor from the photobucket easy link. I'll fix it.

I have 2 more comics scripted, one partially drawn. I have the thing plotted out to what would be the end of the first or second episode of an old Who serial—the point where the real problem becomes clear, and everything is left at a cliffhanger.

As of now, no OTTers will become companions. take that as you will. The com[panion he came with is not a companion from the show. There may be a fez, if any incarnation of ChronosDragon ever finds his way into the comic's present for long enough to give him one.

And that is all I will say about that.

Welcome to, if not the freindliest place on the web, at least one of the most enthusiastically weird. Even at what most of us consider to be dead slow, it still moves about 1.5 times as fast as anything else on this forum, so please, post, be creative, and wait with us, for we have faith that the GLR shall create a new TIME, and we shall see the second coming of Cuegan.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”