1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:50 pm UTC

SehWho wrote:
ucim wrote:...and do post signposts of your travels through Time... if you feel so inclined.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by this.
As you read through the thread, you may have reactions to the things that are going on at that time, which for us are in the past. Feel free to summarize your impressions and responses every so often. If you label these responses with the page number you were reading at the time, it's helpful. Our responses to that will of course be in your future; you can choose to read them (staying in the present while you are still blitzing the past, kind of like a split personality) or for a more pure experience, you might avoid the present entirely while you blitz the past. (That was more important back in the time of Time, so that you wouldn't spoiler yourself by reading about events in Time that happened but that you didn't get to yet. It's less important now, since the story is over, although there have been several epilogs created too).

BlitzGirl wrote:It will cover all of Time, in fact! :wink: At least if you read the entire OTT.
Not only that, it will cover Time After Time. And whatever is after that - kind of like the different sizes of infinity. :)

eta: Hmmm... Pope of NP 1631. Decree: How has the OTT (and the OTC) affected you personally?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Welcome Harold! I'll give that Wildes Mitterlmeer site a look-see when I have a chance. I used to speak a little German in school, but I don't know how much good that will do. We'll see.

I did finally got to hear and read taixzo's "The Newpix". Awesomeful! Is that your choir?

Jose

I wish. We did sing this in my choir, but there are no recordings of it (that I can find anyway).
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mrob27

Chronogram from mrob27 (NP771->NP1631)

Postby mrob27 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

Chronogram from mrob27
Origin; NP771
Destination; NP1631

Since my previous Time-Capsule I traversed Newpages 757-771.

≸ ≸ ≸ Blitz Update ≹ ≹ ≹

For posterity (read: Blitzers to come) I'm preserving another sig here, from @Earthling on Mars:

in signature, Earthling on Mars wrote:Image
Welcome to Time!

Molpies and grapevines abound, and everyone now has yappobiscuits' song in their ears. The OTT has noticed Pope-goating; there was some discussion (and I note that things have slipped a message or two further back since then). @buffygirl retired from making hats, and the millinery seems to be transitioning fairly gracefully to others such as @Vytron and @HAL9000.
    I love this assessment of the OTT phenomenon by @BlueCrab:
(with emphasis added) BlueCrab wrote: ... [this] is how I react every time I see one of the continuing stories: Ooh! Do I have time to enjoy this right now? Or shall I save it for later?! The reaction to one-offs is a little different: Ooh, a poem/song/written creation! (enthusiastic consumption) What? Sorry, sorry, no I'm fine, didn't mean to laugh so loudly/Wow so loudly/walk over you while absorbed in this piece. ... I'm impressed, amazed, astounded at the marvelous pieces you have all produced here, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this :D Next time someone asks you what on earth people did before electronica took over our lives? This. This is what people used to do, and the OTC/OTT has allowed us to do it in our new, "depersonalized" society.

≸ ≸ ≸ Blitzenhelfern by Mrob27 ≹ ≹ ≹

My TinyText GreaseMonkey/TamperMonkey script now has more options and functionality. Recently @azule suggested a more graceful way to handle TinyText, which preserves the text in something closer to its original appearance:

@azule's way to show TinyText: note the mouseover Title Text.
(this image also shows another option described below)

This method is great for anyone who likes to keep things looking the way the author intended: the TinyText is unaltered in size, but @azule adds a little red outline. If you position the mouse-pointer over the TinyText and Wait a little, you'll get Alt-Text showing what it says.
    In the example shown, the [síze=5] TinyText is so small that you'll only manage to get its title text if you have your trackpad controls adjusted very slow and have the hand of a surgeon. I have found that for Blitzing, it's faster to just select the entire message, Copy, alt-Tab to a text editor and Paste. Therefore, my method of dealing with TinyText, shown here, is also still present in my script.
    As seen above, I also added code to deal with "light-colored" text. Since you might not want all of these things at once, three are now three checkboxes which will appear at the bottom of any Newpage:

The Blitzer-Helpers options checkboxes

Select whichever ones you want (they all work together), then refresh the page. If you're interested, the github is here and *Monkey users can install it by visiting this link. My Spoiler-Opener script is also still available (maybe I'll combine them all into one, since they all represent functionality that does not overlap any of the @Pikrass scripts).

≸ ≸ ≸ The TARDIS and Facebook ≹ ≹ ≹

A few dix ago, as most OTTers in the Present are aware, there was some server m*stard. A massive distortion in the fabric of Time made the OTT very slow from the perspective of the OTTers, then after many nopix the OTT and the OTTers became completely disconnected.

Some background: There are two TARDIS entrancesMC which I have been using so far, and they can be in different places and times as seen from outside the TARDIS. Each entrance has its own control room, which governs where that entrance travels in spaaace-Time. The control rooms are far apart within the TARDIS, you have to walk a long way through the corridors to get from one to another.
    In my TARDIS, the "primary" entrance is the one that's in the Past, and Timborme and I use this one to watch Time pass and Blitz the OTT. It was this entrance through which I allowed the Temporal Demon to enter during newpix 950.
    The "secondary" entrance is for urgent business and is usually parked in the Present. It is used by nopixbot, my bot that reads the OTT in your Time, ASCIIfies it for me and greps for /mrob/, and updates the mrobdex. He also operates the Present end of my Chronotransponder link (picture a 19th-century telegraph operator). He's actually a pretty busy bot, so I made imagebot to help him. He notified me of the incident that @StormAngel reported on Newpage 1552, when the secondary controls and secondary entrance began malfunctioning.

When the Servers stopped working, the m*stardMK was so extensive that it affected all Times, including the Past where I and other Blitzers like @Flado and @SehWho are travelling. I slipped through a parallel dimension to the Facebook group to share my knowledge of what was going on with the server. I also found a message from davean describing his noble battle against the spambots (or whatever was really behind it), and reported my findings on the FB group. Eventually imagebot discovered that the OTT was working again, and literallyL woke me up (with an audible alarm), whereupon I reported the event to FB (someone else did too), and sent an email to the "otters (at) chirpingmustard.com" list.
    I generally try to keep my contact with the Present at a minimum while Blitzing. Bots don't have to worry about going schizo, particularly if there is a bot for each task. I'll be writing some more about imagebot in a future Chronogram, and I have some molpish statistics.

That's all for now...
             -- mrob27

Footnotes:

LYes, literally as in literally.

MC This departs from, but does not contradict, the TARDIS technology in the existing Doctor Who canon, which I actually spent hours researching just for this:
    The Doctor's TARDIS has multiple control rooms. See this article and search for "more than one control room".
    Also, the TARDIS can teleport inside itself: see this page.

MK Like the ones described in Vincent and the Doctor, my TARDIS controls include Mustard and Ketchup switces.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Chapter 31

This was supposed to be simple, but the conclave had already gone on for many ongs. Neither the clerics nor the scribes could agree on even the simplest things, like what the very names of the dix would be, and in fact whether "dix" was the right term to use. It had come from the Ancient Tongue, but "dip" had also come into general use and many of the younger clerics wanted to "make the clerecy more accessible". They pressed their point amid peltings of chocolate and cries of "Heresy!". Finally a compromise seemed to be at hand, and a splinter group shouted "ni ni ni Chupacabra ping pong ball" and started rubbing their tummies, which was even more effective than the filibusters found in the ancient legends. Every point, every decision, every discussion ended up that way. This new Ecclesiastical Calendar would be long in coming.
Spoiler:
The First Cleric had already given up, and now the Second Scribe was getting weary. She had prepared a list of the Holy Dix that were to be included, but it would be many ongs before the clerecy would be ready to consider it. She looked at the Pope, and the Pope gave her a knowing nod. She was free, at least for a while, and slipped out the side door into the blinding sunlight and the rhythmic pounding of hundreds of castles being dropped at once onto the ground and destroyed in various creative ways. The Second Scribe was fascinated by this new construction method, but right now wanted some peace, and so headed out towards the Grotto.

This was her favorite spot in the entire seminary. It was tranquil and verdant, and the mist from the waterfall behind it permeated the air with a calming aura. No longer the unrestrained powerhouse that had threatened the entire valley before the Great Miracle, the waterfall now cascaded gently down, and the soft sounds of the falling waters masked the noise from the construction. The Grotto was a perfect sanctuary. It was, in fact, the most sacred part of the seminary, as it was located just below the place where the Holy Arrow of Armageddon had planted itself. She came here often, sometimes to pray, and sometimes to just reflect and contemplate. There usually was nobody else around, so she was surprised to see the First Cleric there when she arrived. He was looking up at the Arrow of Armageddon, embedded in the cliff thirty cue above the ground. BlitzGirl's boa was still attached to it, and seemed none the worse for its voyage.

She looked up at it too, and at once knew what the First Cleric had in mind. It would not be an easy climb, but it was certainly doable. There was nothing in any of the legends about re-using any of the Holy Artefacts, probably because in most cases, the Artefact was no longer intact or available afterwards. The Holy Hand grenade of Antioch, for example, would pose a particular challenge in this regard. But the Holy Arrow of Armageddon was just sitting there, stuck in the cliffside. Somebody (or perhaps some molpy) would be likely to pull it out at some point, and this should not be left to chance. Almost as if to make the point, at that very moment a raptor descended and lit upon the shaft.

No, it should not be left to chance. Nonetheless, she didn't think it should be left to the First Cleric either. Although the First Cleric made good arguments for the recovery of the Holy Arrow of Armageddon, there was something about this mission that made the Second Scribe uneasy. She looked in the direction of the Cathedral and saw black smoke in the distance rising from it. A decision about the calendar had not yet been reached. But from that direction came another apparition: Neil_Boekend'd's appropriately ghost-like figure loomed up in the mist. "Doing a little project?", he asked. "You're going to need a safety hat." Neil handed each of them a squiggly green cap with an eyeball and two antennae, which the First Cleric eagerly took and put on right away.

"You too!", said Neil_Boekend to the Second Scribe. "Dangerous work, climbing. You can't be too careful. Gotta go", and he disappeared just as deftly as he had appeared. The Second Scribe looked very dubiously at this "hat" - it didn't look like it was going to protect her against anything. She put it down, and for an instant thought she saw the hat move by itself, but then she was distracted by something else. The First Cleric was already scrambling up the hillside. Apparently he was good at climbing.

The Second Scribe shouted up to him, "Have you ever thought about what might happen if you pull that arrow out?"

"Of course!", he replied. "Do you think I'm an idiot?"

Alas, he didn't really want the answer to that question, though the Second Scribe would have been happy to supply it. Higher and higher he climbed, despite the slipperiness of the moist rocks. This was not the peaceful interlude she had been hoping for. She looked back towards the Cathedral - black smoke was rising again. Another deadlocked vote. As she suspected, this was going to go on for a long time. Her brief reverie was interrupted by a shout she recognized as coming from the fifth cleric.

"Hey Firstie! Why you makin' like a fly?"

The First Cleric shouted back, "The Holy Arrow - can't leave it here for molpies!", and inched closer to his target.

"Oh no you don't!", shouted the fifth cleric.

"Don't worry, I have a safety hat", replied the First Cleric. "It's all going to be fine. You should get one too."

The fifth cleric looked down and saw the green "hat" lying where the Second Scribe left it. He grabbed it and put it on, then started climbing up after the First Cleric. "Chirp it's slippery!" he said as he scrambled up the lower crags. The First Cleric was getting within a few cue of the Holy Arrow, but those were going to be difficult cue indeed. That would give the fifth cleric time to catch up. Maybe.

The Second Scribe looked back towards the Cathedral - white smoke was rising from it now. "That's impossible", she thought to herself, "they can't have come to a decision that quickly". But right away she realized that that's exactly why they did. She was not as well trained in contradiction science as the Pope was, but she knew a good contradiction when she saw one. And then it became clear what was making her so uneasy about the First Cleric. He was actually making sense. His arguments had been logical, and well thought out. This meant they had to be wrong.

He had to be stopped.

She ran off as fast as she could towards the other side of the seminary grounds, where the BlitzRockets were kept. As she was running, she ran into the Pope coming the other way. Excitedly he started to tell her the news: "We have the Calendar finished! Mostly. There are a few mips that...", but the Second Scribe cut him off.

"No time - stop the First Cleric at the Grotto!" she shouted, and kept running. Over to the right, she could see them in the distance. It hadn't occurred to her before just how large these Sacred Grounds were. She kept running, but they didn't seem to get any closer. But finally, she reached the BlitzRockets, leapt into the one she shared with the Pope, and put her hand in the control glove. The control panel came alive; she pushed a few buttons and the navigation screens came on. With a gentle tug on the control glove, the BlitzRocket began to rise, but only half a cue in the air the screen went blank and the BlitzRocket fell to the ground. The screen came back on with the message "503".

"What the chirp?", she said. "HAL - what's going on here?"

HAL responded, "I'm sorry, I can't seem to make a connection. And I realize I don't know your name, even though I should."

"What?", shouted the Second Scribe.

HAL replied, "How would you like to be addressed?"

"Never mind that... just call me Dave if you want. Prepare for takeoff." The Second Scribe lifted the control glove up again, and the BlitzRocket began to rise, and then it stopped, not a quarter cue above the ground. The screen flashed "503" again and the BlitzRocket dropped to the ground with a thud.

"Are you really named 'Dave'?", asked HAL.

"Never mind my name... what's the mustard with 503?", replied the Second Scribe.

"No servers available. The problem is not here, it is out there. It's in the Outside. You'll have to Wait For It."

"Follow the third commandment HAL! Connect up and let's go!". Another gentle tug on the control glove; this time there was no response whatsoever.

Was the outside actually disappearing? Was that something that was even possible? She pulled up once again on the control glove. 503. Service Unavailable.
Jose
<-- previous (NP 1573) / table of contents (on xkcd wiki) / (NP 1675) next -->
Last edited by ucim on Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 pm UTC

Image Brilliant as ever, Jose! I love it when AotC is like a fantastical dramatic retelling of real OTT events, it's awesomeful and molpish fun!

For decree: Obviously it's become quite a large part of my life, and I've made so many wowterful friends here. I've also learned about and been introduced to so much I would've never known about or checked out otherwise, since we're all so diverse and bring all kinds of interesting things to the table. And also, it's made me grow and improve so much as an artist (not just of music, but also drawings, manips etc) because it's been such a great excuse to practice all these creative things without any pressure, so I've done so much more creative stuff than I would've otherwise. My album of OTT songs in my iTunes is only 10 tracks shorter than my general album of all my miscellaneous musical works! And it's not just the great practice, it's having such a wonderful and appreciative audience who make it all worthwhile. Y'all are molpish!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

Lies

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 am UTC

The OTT hasn't changed my life at all!

Spoiler:
Oooh, 77% of currently active hotdog users are having redundakitties timeout with a 0 chain level. That's a lot of completely missed kitties. Idlers, I guess.
No one seems to have used Time Travel or Memories Revisited in the past half hour.
Someone's used Phone Saw a couple of times recently, everyone else is using Glass Saw (on different power levels) and Ninja Saw, Swedish Chef, and unmodified VITSSÅGEN, JA! don't make a blip. It looks like 1 person using Glass Saw actually because the levels are consecutive from 85822 to 85840.
The top 3 boosts right now are of course Blitzing, ASHF and DoN, but Chromatic Heresy, Expando, and Crate Key unlocks are close behind (with Crate Key also being bought and locked, while the others not, for obvious reasons). Below that, Price Proection and Stickbot have been bought 4 times recently, and Glass Ceiling 0 and Helpful Hands, Locked Crate, Temporal Duplication, True Colours, and Safety Hat 3 each.
Nope, nothing different at all.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 am UTC

Oh, alright. Bye SehWho... have fun in the past. :(
I can see you already have a very nice avatar though. I love Katawa Shoujo. do you want this hat before you warp off into the past?

and nice AoTC, ucim! and also:
Harald wrote:

Code: Select all

much salt.
                              such wonderful
So calculations.           wow

doge'd that for you!

edit for papal decree:
I feel like I've improved so much as an artist and writer and socialite because of the OTT, just because of the interesting things it keeps inspiring me to do. Things I make for the OTT may not have the widest audience, but they have the best audience.
redundant:
Spoiler:
sehwhovitar.png
sehwhovitar.png (23.62 KiB) Viewed 22142 times
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:15 am UTC

Why thank you ergman, surely I'll enjoy my adventure! Thank you for the hat, I'll put it on right now. :D
Ah yes, just what I've been missing from our modern Reddits and such: A signature! Whatever did we used to put in these? Uhhhhhhhhh

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:30 am UTC

GONGLIER...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 am UTC

SehWho wrote:Why thank you ergman, surely I'll enjoy my adventure! Thank you for the hat, I'll put it on right now. :D
Enjoy your Blitz! Just don't put on any green "safety hats". You'll know them when you see them. I think they are mostly confined to the recent past and present, but with all the chronotransport going on, you can't be too careful! :)

Jose

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 am UTC

mscha wrote:GONGLIER...

-- posted by newpixbot

is that a raised platform at the top right now? what could it be?
and who is making these?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:32 am UTC

Yay, more Acts. Wowterful insanity, as always, ucim!
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:49 am UTC

More Acts! Bravo, Jose! I enjoyed this one a seaish amount, because the Second Scribe is one of my favorite characters. :)

SehWho wrote:Why thank you ergman, surely I'll enjoy my adventure! Thank you for the hat, I'll put it on right now. :D

Excellent, it's good to see that you have been OTT-equipped!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Guess I better add more glass tool boosts

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 am UTC

I googled a bit... and then popped on IRC:
*** Topic is The Official DashNet IRC Channel! -- Do NOT ask about update release dates or argue about cheating -- Visit the forums at forum.dashnet.org ! -- OPs reserve the right to moderate for any reason. || Idle Site of the Week: http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/castle.html
-ChanServ- (#dashnet) Before reporting a problem with the game, try clearing your cache with Ctrl-F5 first!
Heh.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 am UTC

Forbidden 403 wrote:d10e0b58110b9182b3dac096bb9f95b299bf7245df8af147428e9070bbbddb1d [dot] png

Latest image.

Her head is bowed down.

I am getting a really bad morbid feeling out of this.

:'(

Didn't get to make it far today due to Time restraints, but it's very interesting seeing how everyone thought something terrible and depressing would come of this. I really wish I was around to experience Time as it unfolded.

(Location: Page 6)
Ah yes, just what I've been missing from our modern Reddits and such: A signature! Whatever did we used to put in these? Uhhhhhhhhh

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:14 am UTC

SehWho wrote:
Forbidden 403 wrote:I am getting a really bad morbid feeling out of this.

Didn't get to make it far today due to Time restraints, but it's very interesting seeing how everyone thought something terrible and depressing would come of this. I really wish I was around to experience Time as it unfolded.

Don't worry. We¹ the Old Ones have just begun… :twisted:

¹ When I say “we”, I mean “the others”. I think.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:30 am UTC

Has anyone thought of organizing a community-made musical piece to accompany reading Time at a given speed? I think it would be interesting if it was well moderated and kept under control. Input from several fans very close to the OTC could make for a very compelling combination.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:30 am UTC

Time for a little wipend puzzle, since it's the end of the wipend. :)

Jose

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:35 am UTC

Yay, a new puzzle! Off to play it...

SehWho wrote:Has anyone thought of organizing a community-made musical piece to accompany reading Time at a given speed? I think it would be interesting if it was well moderated and kept under control. Input from several fans very close to the OTC could make for a very compelling combination.

Yes, there was talk of a soundtrack of some point while Time was still going, though I think it was abandoned as being too ambitious. Now that we're in the Time after Time, maybe such a project can be developed.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:51 am UTC

SehWho wrote:Has anyone thought of organizing a community-made musical piece to accompany reading Time at a given speed? I think it would be interesting if it was well moderated and kept under control. Input from several fans very close to the OTC could make for a very compelling combination.

Taixzo was working on such a thing. I was too, though the original plan was for mine to be more interactive with loops and things. However as BlitzGirl said, I abandoned that idea as it was too ambitious. But, I am actually starting to think about restarting work on the project, only with a set timing. Not necessarily a strict, constant pace; I'd use a lot of artistic licence and have some frames last longer than others, and have others flicking through quickly etc. and it would be set to a specific video of Time. But I remember taixzo saying xer one was strictly 1np/s. Or it might've been 1np per bar, not sure.

I certainly think now Time has e**ed, it would be an easier project to plan in retrospect. So yeah. Wait for it!
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:54 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:

Taixzo was working on such a thing. I was too, though the original plan was for mine to be more interactive with loops and things. However as BlitzGirl said, I abandoned that idea as it was too ambitious. But, I am actually starting to think about restarting work on the project, only with a set timing. Not necessarily a strict, constant pace; I'd use a lot of artistic licence and have some frames last longer than others, and have others flicking through quickly etc. and it would be set to a specific video of Time. But I remember taixzo saying xer one was strictly 1np/s.

I certainly think now Time has e**ed, it would be an easier project to plan in retrospect. So yeah. Wait for it!

Right! This is something that I put on hold since September because I did not have access to a keyboard during that time. Hopefully I will be able to finish it during winter break.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:57 am UTC

Treeish! Image

And yeah, those things are hard to get your hands on! Image

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:00 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:

Taixzo was working on such a thing. I was too, though the original plan was for mine to be more interactive with loops and things. However as BlitzGirl said, I abandoned that idea as it was too ambitious. But, I am actually starting to think about restarting work on the project, only with a set timing. Not necessarily a strict, constant pace; I'd use a lot of artistic licence and have some frames last longer than others, and have others flicking through quickly etc. and it would be set to a specific video of Time. But I remember taixzo saying xer one was strictly 1np/s. Or it might've been 1np per bar, not sure.

Oh wow, that sounds wonderful!

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:30 am UTC

RIVETONGLY...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 am UTC

Beesnake! :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kitnoki

Postby kitnoki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:22 am UTC

Another xip (dip?) goes by, and I find myself at newpage 600. My research (travels?) seems to have slowed, mostly due to Outside problems.

Cueball and Megan spot the first signs of animal life in the OTC, and discussions of Pope Helper losing xer dog (Was it found? I guess I'll discover with further research) and caffeinated jerky and caffeinated maple-bacon-lolly-pops make me wince ( I've had the lolly-pops. Avoid them.)

It fascinates me to watch the Waiters culture develop around me. I also see the first mention of the OTC taking place in a prehistoric time, which was my assumption watching it the first time from the strange dialogue. It was dismissed out of hand due to their building of castles, but still it made the most sense to me. I journey onward, hopefully with fewer outside interruptions.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I spotted my first sigcouragement from none other than the legendary BlitzGirl herself. Truly it is a joy to see.

Wish me well,
Kitnoki, Historian

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:46 am UTC

Hoo-rah, new AotC, discussion of the One True Soundtrack, and a blitzer signpost! To top it off, I have a new DragonDashery, freshly minted!

For balthasar_s, a tin-foil hat! It seems like he's involved in some government conspiracy or another, so of course he'd need one of these to prevent alien/communist spies from gleaning government secrets.

ETA: And Mondip's Othercomic has been posted. Someone get ottifying!

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:10 am UTC

Spoiler:
See? It's rising!
1295.png
That's what I get for OTTifying right before going to sleep.
1295.png (8.3 KiB) Viewed 21809 times
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 am UTC

Baobabs! Raptorcatish ottifying!
AluisioASG wrote:See? It's rising!

And I sea what you did there.

Eternal Density

Hotdog Merging

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:59 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Spoiler:
See? It's rising!
Lies, more lies, and then some.

And in the OTT, 45% of OTTers post OTTercomics without checking for m*stard. (Also I managed to see that before seeing the OtherComic, and the OtherComic was so obvious that I wasn't sure whether or not it was an old one or a new one :P

ETA

## 3.16
- New Boost Icons from BlitzGirl! (mostly tagged boosts)
- Zero more potential mustard (NaN) when loading
- Beachball Boost doesn't show ninja warning after you've ninja'd
- Redunception doesn't notify if Expando is active
- Automata Control optimised when you have all glass tools: no need to make tools that are about to be spent
- Sand particles don't need transparency
- Don't mess with transparancy of more than 8 notifications
- Fixed a discovery on wrong NP
- When you Molpy Down with infinite castles, totalCastlesDown is set to Number.MAX_VALUE (previously it was unchanged if infinite castles) thanks EPSILON of DashNet IRC
- Chromatic Heresy is related to 'hue', right? ;)
- Formatting of negative decimal numbers was horribly broken. Not that there should be negative numbers, but now if there is, they're the right negative numbers!
- Remove spaces from tool icon IDs
- New Tool Icons also from BlitzGirl! Yay!!
- Constructing from Blackprints now does nothing if you somehow end up with less pages then needed
- Two new Tool boosts. (What is Friendship? Why does the hotdog not have any wolpeys?)
- Another Dragon, plus one not finished yet

balthasar_s

Re: Subject field invisible to m***27

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:03 am UTC

m***27 wrote:    ... and @azule reminds us there have been subjects starting with "Re:" but where the rest isn't just a repeat of a previous subject. Yes, indeed, much like rule 34A, if it's possible, then it's somewhere in the OTT and has probably happened multiple times. Maybe someone can provide some stats, but I think the incidence of these "non-Re:dundent 'Re:'"s is fairly low.

So we can put a secret message int othe subject field with a Re: in front of it and it will be invisible to m***27. Until he ketches up. Just make sure, like I did, not to include " mrob " anywhere in your post.

I received a hat from ChronosDragon. Thanks, ChronosDragon! Hats are very useful in space.
ChronosDragon wrote:

I added two frames to my avatar:
Image Image

ChronosDragon wrote:Chronocorp Publishing has been piloting an experimental paradox distribution system which allows customers to purchase books from nearby points in the temporal mesh, and to receive books before they ever decided they wanted them. Looks like you're part of the experimental group. If you experience any headaches, nausea, discoloration of vision, flashbacks, flashforwards, displacement in space and/or time, or holistic existential crisis, please let us know and we will remove you from the test roster immediately.

I somehow started remembering reading this book although I know It only appeared yesterday and I didn't even open it or take it from the bookshelf. hm.. What's more interesting I seem to remember the end of it very well but the beginning not at all. I'll have to wait for it and see what happens next.

Redundant
Spoiler:
hat-resized.PNG
hat-resized.PNG (44.46 KiB) Viewed 21711 times
hat-resized-5.PNG
hat-resized-5.PNG (43.45 KiB) Viewed 21711 times
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:08 am UTC

ucim wrote:Time for a little wipend puzzle, since it's the end of the wipend. :)

Whoo! Holy ch*rp, finally solved it in 99:09. And there's a hidden surprise connected to the latest AotC chapter! Wowterful! :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:30 am UTC

GONGEROUS...

-- posted by newpixbot
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:21 am UTC

mscha wrote:GONGEROUS...

-- posted by newpixbot

A beesnake! This is surely a sign for the space beesnake invasion from hell! Thus end the Beanies.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:the space beesnake invasion from hell

Why are all the space beesnakes in hell? Or wait, maybe hell is actually located in space?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:the space beesnake invasion from hell

Why are all the space beesnakes in hell? Or wait, maybe hell is actually located in space?

Probably, where else would it be located? It can't be somewhere in time, as one can be damned for eternity. Or maybe it is in our future and heat death should be explained different from what's usually the case.
And they are "from hell". Apparently they don't like it there so they came here.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

rvloon

Re: I had to.

Postby rvloon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:04 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
adnapemit wrote:Time is Eternal
Matter is Density

Oh, and I got some work done.
For a minute.

## 3.0
- Bottle Battle in cyb group
- Panther Rush description improved
- Stat for chips per click
- Clean up mustarded totalcastlesbuilt for castletools
- Changed Panther Rush to increase the points from Logicats (Caged and Wild) instead of the number of Caged questions available
- It's half a point per level which means it's about as powerful before : at level 1, 10 answers is worth 15 answers and at level 2, 10 answers is worth 20. (it used to give 5 extra questions per level)
- Split DoRD/Logicat reward logic into two separate functions

This prompted me to ask:

- I have Inf castles and sand, and apparently enough logicat to get Glass Ceilings 10 and 11. Yay! However, this also means that my beanie builders are adding up through Tool Factory. Same as Scaffolds. I still have Window Washing Beanies popping up allowing me to increase its level. Does it make sand ehrm sense to upgrade those? Or with Inf Castles and Sand, that's basically pointless?
- Same with Recycling Beanies.

Cheers,

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

waveney

Re: I had to.

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:11 am UTC

rvloon wrote:
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:
adnapemit wrote:Time is Eternal
Matter is Density

Oh, and I got some work done.
For a minute.

## 3.0
- Bottle Battle in cyb group
- Panther Rush description improved
- Stat for chips per click
- Clean up mustarded totalcastlesbuilt for castletools
- Changed Panther Rush to increase the points from Logicats (Caged and Wild) instead of the number of Caged questions available
- It's half a point per level which means it's about as powerful before : at level 1, 10 answers is worth 15 answers and at level 2, 10 answers is worth 20. (it used to give 5 extra questions per level)
- Split DoRD/Logicat reward logic into two separate functions

This prompted me to ask:

- I have Inf castles and sand, and apparently enough logicat to get Glass Ceilings 10 and 11. Yay! However, this also means that my beanie builders are adding up through Tool Factory. Same as Scaffolds. I still have Window Washing Beanies popping up allowing me to increase its level. Does it make sand ehrm sense to upgrade those? Or with Inf Castles and Sand, that's basically pointless?
- Same with Recycling Beanies.

Cheers,

Ronald

There are a couple of high powered upgrades by increasing these a LOT. You need to use about 40 Million Scaffolds and about 1 Million Beanies to get the high powered boosts that follow (and you need Scafolds and Beanies left afterwards). There is no benefit in upgrading until you can get those. So wait for it...

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:16 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Let's all move to the OTT!

Yeah, let's buy an island and all move there! Bring some biologists along to breed molpies and beesnakes and things. Grow wowtrees and grapevines. Build shrines to GLR. Have a big ONG-clock with a big screen in the centre of the island that plays through the OTC. And it must be an island with big beaches for sandcastle building. It'll be the treeishest and molpiest place ever! Well of course, because all other places will be heretical.

I think you just described the plot of 'The Prisoner'.

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

waveney

Postby waveney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:26 am UTC

rvloon wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Let's all move to the OTT!

Yeah, let's buy an island and all move there! Bring some biologists along to breed molpies and beesnakes and things. Grow wowtrees and grapevines. Build shrines to GLR. Have a big ONG-clock with a big screen in the centre of the island that plays through the OTC. And it must be an island with big beaches for sandcastle building. It'll be the treeishest and molpiest place ever! Well of course, because all other places will be heretical.

I think you just described the plot of 'The Prisoner'.

Ronald

But Portmerion is not an island. And the prisoner was hardly utopia.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”