1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:18 am UTC

Were Megan's hand slightly below its actual position, we'd be able to say she agrees with you.

PS. Those of you with lots of avatars, I can provide you with a gallery like this one. Feel free to explore the rest of the site too.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

SilentTimer

Creative Hotdogs

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:15 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I'd just hoped for something a little more... I dunno, creative? than a digital clock.

What's wrong with a digital clock trying to be creative? ;)
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:20 am UTC

A digital clock is uncreative until it gets a hat.

Speaking of which, I'm hatless. I promise to keep this avatar for a while.
Selecting new quote…

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:33 am UTC

For the decree:
I don't know, a collaborative story mayhaps?

Guy on the phone wrote:Yeah, yeah, it's not funny when it's your head down there and you're the one playing mechanic.

Sorry, I can't simply disconnect my head for my working projects like that.
Selecting new quote…

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:18 am UTC

Wow, you guys have been busy todip! I'm afraid this is going to be a brief ketchup post. Last weekend I hurt myself moving equipment around. My lower back and my knee are especially ch*rped. And I'm realizing how anti-ergonomic my computing setup at home is. I've been spending a lot of time this wipend on the couch working on the computer, and it's getting really painful. Think I'm going to take some ibuprofen and go to bed. But first:

rbos wrote:Another attempt:

http://imgur.com/gallery/XIfE4

I thought it might be relevant. Squirrel hats and all. I understand those are important here.

edit: hooray, I must have accidentally whatever word was blocking my post.

Wow, rbos, great to see you again after all this time! Glad you got past the URL block to post those RELATED pictures.

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Ch*rp it, I got goat again and made BlitzGirl the mome.

This makes sense if I'm your other identity. Hey, maybe I'm actually StormAngel in another form, post-keyboard attack.

Now I'll go ketchup. :P

It's odd that I keep forgetting that you're me whenever this happens. But it does happen far too much to be coincidence.

Spoiler:
Or maybe it's just that we both post a LOT

Nah, that couldn't be it.

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I've never celebrated a traditional Valentine's Dip, mostly because I seem to mis-Time my relationships and thus have never actually had a date for Valentine's Dip. :P

I've also never celebrated it due to never having had a date on V-Dip, but that's just because I've never had a date ever.

:shock: I find that hard to believe.
Glad the gig went well, ultimately. Bummer about all the ch*rpups, though.

ChronosDragon wrote:The customer (user) is always right. That's, like, the number one rule of business and things. If users are having trouble with your website, then you did something wrong. That's my take anyway.

That's what I think too.

HES wrote:Speaking of accurate predictions, I'm blitzing Scrubs at the moment and I just passed the Janitor's bin-laden prediction.

Good show. Helps with the waiting...

:shock: Wow, kinda spooky.

Aluisio, I looked at that link again and I still don't get it. :( Oh, do you have descriptions for all your scripts somewhere?

Yay, more Zanclean Zodiac!

I'm sure I quoted other stuff, but I guess I didn't save. I think there was a sea/treeish post by mrb, and also a redundabike from bothasar_s. HES did more awesomeful quote ottifications, and I think ucim did some too. I was going to do another, but I don''t think I can d it now.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0554

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:30 am UTC

KONGLINESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:58 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I've never celebrated a traditional Valentine's Dip, mostly because I seem to mis-Time my relationships and thus have never actually had a date for Valentine's Dip. :P

I've also never celebrated it due to never having had a date on V-Dip, but that's just because I've never had a date ever.

I didn't expect to see you in this club. I've been a member for 30 yips.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

PayasYouDraw

Postby PayasYouDraw » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:26 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I miss the Sandcastle.

*wistful sigh*

That smiley made me sad. :(
Ah-ooooh! Rolling back the rivers in Time!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:12 am UTC

Now, the avatars will be archived too. Avatars of people posting in the present will be saved rather quickly. Avatars of people posting in the past will have to wait until the bot ketches up to their newpages again. (the avatars already archived can be seen at /ott/avatar/ )Because my network connection isn't very fast, they will load longer than from the OTT. But at least they will be visible during the mustard. The next thing will be to save the attachments.

While updating the bot I accidentally typed path3 instead of path2. As a result, the relink and upload scripts got an unprepared version of the newpage which caused a lot of chaos and entropy and a whole timeframe of debugging.
(ETA: It also broke newpage 1754)

About the attachments:
When they are small the link looks like this: /download/file.php?id=42317 , everything is clear.
When they are big the link can look like this:
/download/file.php?id=42326&t=1 This is the minified version. Other values of t also give the minified version. Looks like only the presence of t is enough. Or does it do something else I'm not aware of?
/download/file.php?id=42326&mode=view is the full size.
without mode=view it still gives the full size. Are there other values for mode?

mrob27 wrote:And one more thing: 
balthasar_s wrote:
The ЯOЯЯIM TTO
Redundant copy of the needle-pulled thing.
(1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/ott/)
Holy ch*rping m*stard! That's so seaishly c*rping awefulsomely baobabish I don't know what to say.
So, it has come th this.
Mrorl27, The great bOTTifactor, who created bots with an unreachable level of awesomefullness, and other great things, like the mr*bdex, etc. before I ever dreamt of making a bot.
And now he says this.
wow.
Edited to update URL
Edit from the future: When writing this post I changed my avatar to this
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:55 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am UTC

Hi y'alll, there is a new Othercomic available for OTTification. But it will not be too easy because its actually a HTML table of individual GIFs. Have fun!
http://xkcd.com/1331/

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:25 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Molpies!

Were there molpies? Where's mscha? Newpixbot, you have some 'splaining to do?
BlitzGirl wrote:Can one make castles out of piles of chaos?

That's sort of what I spent the wipend doing. Romantic getaway for two, to Pittsburgh, in February, to clean out a house. Progress was made.
ggh wrote:Thanks for the well-wishes BlitzGirl, Aluisio, and June Bug! I'm going to redirect them at the Little Wonder though, who's sure to come down with it in a day or two and be pretty miserable.

Oh, and for the record, I've never had a car stolen, but some nogoodnicks thiefed off with my steering wheel once.

Hoping Little Wonder avoids the germ-swap. My first car was stolen a total of four times while my family owned it. We did get it back, except for the first time.

ggh wrote:I had an idea. (ouch)

ETE: We've done Time quotes on heretical pictures, what about famous (movie or otherwise) quotes attached to Time frames? I guess we've done a bit of that here and there, but how about a bunch of it here? If you're so inclined?

ETA: Shoot, what a lame decree - I can't even think of an example. And now we must nap. I abdicate.

I like it, but I'm not up to actual manips, so just imagine the words being in the frames.

Spoiler:
"That is Mahogany"

Spoiler:
"May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor."

I'm pretty sure I thought of a lot more driving home, but they don't seem to have made it all the way.

ChronosDragon wrote:The customer (user) is always right. That's, like, the number one rule of business and things. If users are having trouble with your website, then you did something wrong. That's my take anyway.

Sometimes the customer is actually wrong. I don't think that site was actually dealing with customers though, seems like everyone he referred to was a co-worker. (Who are sometimes customers too, but they don't usually get to play the "always right" card.)

lmjb1964 wrote:Wow, you guys have been busy todip! I'm afraid this is going to be a brief ketchup post. Last weekend I hurt myself moving equipment around. My lower back and my knee are especially ch*rped. And I'm realizing how anti-ergonomic my computing setup at home is. I've been spending a lot of time this wipend on the couch working on the computer, and it's getting really painful. Think I'm going to take some ibuprofen and go to bed. But first:

Good plan. Hope you're feeling better soon.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0555

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

LIVONGNESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:14 pm UTC

ronaldkr wrote:Hi y'alll, there is a new Othercomic available for OTTification. But it will not be too easy because its actually a HTML table of individual GIFs. Have fun!

The mobile version uses a static png by the looks of things. I'll have to Molpy up before I can ottify it, though.
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:

:shock: I find that hard to believe.

Well I take that as a compliment at least... but yeah it's true. As I've mentioned before. (See bolded part...)
yappobiscuits, on NP1456 wrote:
azule wrote:Papal Decree:
Tell us how different or similar you are compared to your OTT or online persona.

This was a really treeish decree that brought about much interesting and insightful posts! Here's my contribution, spoilered for seaishness:

Spoiler:
I like to try and stay true to myself in my online persona. I don't even really consider it an online persona. Because it's still just... me. But online. I try not to put on an act or anything (well apart from when I'm pretending to be an otter, but it's obvious that that's just messing about. :P) or try to appear more intelligent or anything. I try (I keep saying "try" as if it takes effort but it comes more naturally really) to be pretty much the same person I would be if you met me in the Outside - same sense of humour, same general attitudes and demeanour... y'know. Other than being a little shyer in real life and less prone to saying whatever's on my mind, I'm basically the same person. In a way, because I'm a bit less inhibited online I'm even more the real me. Or at least, you get a better chance to see the real me. Maybe some of you more internet-savvy types think I'm being irresponsible and naive here by letting my real self be known so freely online, but I'd just rather people felt like they were speaking to me as a real person, not some kinda character that a different real person is hiding behind... and also because it's hard to get a good idea of what someone's really like just from posts on a forum, so I just like to make it easier for people by being as me as possible. Besides, as I've mentioned before when this subject has come up, since I want to become known as a musician, having an online presence as the real me is something I actually feel I should have.

A few years ago I would've said I'm MUCH shyer in real life and unlikely to speak at all, but over the past few years, mainly thanks to university, I've improved drastically and I'm almost normal now, socially. If you'd told 18-year-old me he'd be socially normal in a few years he'd never believe you :P. I'm not totally normal yet, I've never had a girlfriend, or even been on a date, or even kissed a girl... not deliberately, not because I "don't feel ready" or whatever, but just because I'm so shy (more like terrified) when it comes to letting someone know I'm attracted to them. And I've just generally never had any luck in the romance department. However, socially, I am pretty much normal now :). Well, still very introverted and definitely more comfortable in smaller groups, but I reckon if I met some of you lot in real life I'd be absolutely fine and barely shy at all. On the other (heretical) forum I was a regular on for a long time I ended up meeting a lot of people from there in real life and some of them have become my best friends, so meeting internet people in real life isn't a strange thing to me any more. So yeah, roll on the OTTer parties :mrgreen:

Neil_Boekend wrote:I didn't expect to see you in this club. I've been a member for 30 yips.

ronaldkr wrote:Hi y'alll, there is a new Othercomic available for OTTification. But it will not be too easy because its actually a HTML table of individual GIFs. Have fun!

Wow, that is a really treeish and interesting othercomic!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mrob27

Chronogram from Mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:39 pm UTC

Chronogram from Mrob27
Origin: NP1267; Destination: NP1755

It's gotten rather sad around here :| ... :( ... :cry: . I've cried a few times, despite knowing that the OTT turns out okay. A lot of the things you wrote are really touching and poignant. @yappobiscuits' video presents were wonderful, and I hadn't yet seen or heard Megan and Cue. The instrumentation is so 7, and the choice of scenes really 4, and yes, the end gave me shivers.

Reading these post-E** pages is surreal. A lot of OTTers were thanking each other, as if thinking everybody was going to leave. There was talk of setting up a new server to continue the OTT, in case the thread were locked. @BlitzGirl created the basement, with special redundakitties guarding the exits:
Spoiler:

The spotting of a molpy in frame M#3092 got people's hopes up (though I think it's really mustard) and we got some 503 mustard perhaps because of the hundreds of users browsing the forum.

Correspondence

I'm glad you liked my retrOTTification and kudos to @SilentTimer for finding the message in the mustard. I see there's mustard in my mustard, I meant it to look like this when ENHANCEd:

@BlitzGirl sent ice cream Image — thank you! That really helps. Timborme is still in the anger stage so I think I'll wait a few more nopix lest we end up with ice cream on the TARDIS walls.
   I haven't done any quote-newpix (unless you count all my 503s but those aren't popular quotes), so I think you may have misattributed?
   Also I noticed this smiley: Image is called "lpb_smiley2", but I'm unsure who LPB is. I know LBB is Little Bangs Brother (from your list here) ... wait, nopixbot just found it.. nvm.

@balthasar_s and I have indeed had a fair bit of communication regarding bots and archiving the OTT. I encouraged him to develop his own approach, to avoid propagating any bugmolpies or design flaw-mustard in my solution. I do in fact translate HTML into BBCode, but by a very roundabout way using my own markup language RHTF as the interchange format.
   He was a bit surprised at my praise of his ЯOЯЯIM TTO. I'll just explain that I'm very impressed at things that I cannot do, and setting up a server mirror (or something like it) is one of those things.

Word Counts Update

I am getting very close to the point where the number of words that I've read while blitzing the OTT will exceed the Mahabharata (Ganguli's English translation). I'm using my "quotes count 4-N" formula to estimate how much I read, because I can usually skip most of the words in a quote.
    A while back I discussed changes in my word counts that had confused @january1may. Quite a bit earlier, there was mystery about why the OTT's average word length didn't seem to match that of the Bible and other literary works I gave for comparison. Well, I just figured it out, there was serious mustard everywhere. I was using the total number of characters in the source text divided by the number of words — so every word got a boost of about 1. :oops: The blank space after the word was effectively counting towards the total character count. In the OTT stats, I only count characters that are parts of words that count towards the word count.
    So here I've re-done the statistics for various works of literature, plus all of OTT as of early NP1755 (from the last line of my complete word stats report):

• Tolkien, The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings (with introduction and appendices): 625,555 words, avg wordlen 4.091
  • King James Bible: 820,915 words, avg wordlen 4.042
  • Complete Works of Shakespeare (the 39 plays listed in Wikipedia, plus sonnets and other poetry): 992,444 words, avg wordlen 4.219
  • Harry Potter (the 7 books plus the 3 short ones): 1,141,108 words, avg wordlen 4.454
  • Mahabharata: 2,575,717 words, avg wordlen 4.608
  • My personal journal (diary): 2,635,093 words, avg wordlen 4.228
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 8-N): 3436128 words, avg wordlen 4.357
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 4-N): 3788055 words, avg wordlen 4.367
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 2-N): 4670976 words, avg wordlen 4.386
  • OTT (level-N quotes count 1-N): 7609213 words, avg wordlen 4.414

And finally, as we initially expected, the average word length in the OTT is a bit longer than those first three popular works (It's about chirpingmolpywowtreeishlymustard time!) On cursory inspection, (picking random lines), Harry Potter and Mahabharata seem to have more names, which boost the average word length.

All right, time to continue Blitzing the E*docalypse...

— mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
ice_cream_cone-7.gif
ice cream cone smiley
ice_cream_cone-7.gif (973 Bytes) Viewed 12099 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

HES

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 pm UTC

Too easy...

If anyone with gif making abilities wants to grapevine this, please do.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Ketchup again

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:13 pm UTC

Treeish quotes, SBN!
Molpish avatar-collecting, balthabiker and Aluisio!

PayasYouDraw wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I miss the Sandcastle.

*wistful sigh*

That smiley made me sad. :(

It is a very melancholy smiley. Luckily there's always silliness to remedy that: Image

mrob27 wrote:It's gotten rather sad around here :| ... :( ... :cry: . I've cried a few times, despite knowing that the OTT turns out okay.

We're still here! We'll Wait for you! Image
Thanks for the word count update! That stuff is fascinating.

azule wrote:The story goes that ᓭᐧᘈᖉᕋ was simply gathering nuts.

ᓭᐧᘈᖉᕋ = Image ?
Very treeish so far! Loving it!

lmjb1964 wrote:Last weekend I hurt myself moving equipment around. My lower back and my knee are especially ch*rped. And I'm realizing how anti-ergonomic my computing setup at home is. I've been spending a lot of time this wipend on the couch working on the computer, and it's getting really painful. Think I'm going to take some ibuprofen and go to bed.

Oh no! Hope you feel better!

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:29 pm UTC

I expected the title text to be something like Just to be clear, this image does update every... well, every moment.

Has anyone noticed the javascript? Just kidding...

But I like this Othercomic. Also Frequency = 1/Time. So.. 1331 = 1/1190. Is that some new kind of math?

Finally, OTTification (not animated though):

Redundant:
Spoiler:
1331.png
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0556

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

STRONGERED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Wolpy Alpha

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:But I like this Othercomic. Also Frequency = 1/Time. So.. 1331 = 1/1190. Is that some new kind of math?

1/1190 = 0.000840336134453781512605042016806722689075630252100 which then recurs, and therefore does not contain 1331.

However, 1331 = 11³

3² = 9

2 x 0 = 0

11 9 0

Eternally RELATED.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:12 pm UTC

Treeish OTTercomics, Nomouse and HES! :)

I feel like somemolpy with geography skills would be able to pinpoint where Cuegan is in the SilentONGs, but I'm not particularly good at that sort of thing.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:29 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Aluisio, I looked at that link again and I still don't get it. :( Oh, do you have descriptions for all your scripts somewhere?

Try this one: i.lack.youtube.search.skills@aasg.name.
WRT descriptions: there'll be a page with the descriptions instead of what it's currently there, hopefully still today. Meanwhile, look for a line starting with // @description in the beginning of the *.user.ls files.

Did you notice the decree?
Selecting new quote…

Soup

Postby Soup » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:54 pm UTC

@mrob27 Ice cream raftcastle!

Spoiler:
web-ice-cream-truck__oPt.jpg
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:18 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Did you notice the decree?

I did. What kind of story?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:27 pm UTC

...said the BlitzGirl, as a raptorcat crouched in the bushes behind her.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:37 pm UTC

:shock: Wait a millinewpix, is this a horror story? I don't want to be in a horror story!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

GLOMP

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:40 pm UTC

Well that's not up to me
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:55 pm UTC

AluisioASG, BlitzGirl, HES, ucim wrote:Aluisio innocently asked "Did you notice the decree?"
"I did. What kind of story?" said the BlitzGirl, as a raptorcat crouched in the bushes behind her. Panic crept up as she realized the predicament she was in. "Wait a millinewpix, is this a horror story? I don't want to be in a horror story!" she said,
...but it was too late. She could feel the keyboard behind her, she could smell its breath. It was close. Very close.

She didn't move a muscle, but neither did the keyboard. The right moment would come. One thing she knew: keyboards are good at waiting for it.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:04 pm UTC

Well, chirp.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:06 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Well, chirp.

She uttered under her breath, as she inched her hatted head around to get a look at her pursuer.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0557

Postby mscha » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

LONGUIDLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:41 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Well, chirp.

She uttered under her breath, as she inched her hatted head around to get a look at her pursuer.

The keyboard just smiled pleasantly.
"Hello, BlitzGirl!" it said.

BlitzGirl was lost for words and wondered if she was going mad. Well, madder than usual.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:15 pm UTC

Its smile widened, beyond the range of a sane keyboard.

BlitzGirl was now certain: she wasn't in Kansas any more.
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:21 pm UTC

But then again, she thought, sanity is boring.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:23 pm UTC

Pretty sure there aren't keyboards in Kansas, anyway. Cougarraptors, probably, but not keyboards.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:29 pm UTC

AluisioASG, BlitzGirl, HES, ucim, yappobiscuits, Neil_Boekend wrote:Aluisio innocently asked "Did you notice the decree?"
"I did. What kind of story?" said the BlitzGirl, as a raptorcat crouched in the bushes behind her. Panic crept up as she realized the predicament she was in. "Wait a millinewpix, is this a horror story? I don't want to be in a horror story!" she said,

...but it was too late. She could feel the keyboard behind her, she could smell its breath. It was close. Very close.

She didn't move a muscle, but neither did the keyboard. The right moment would come. One thing she knew: keyboards are good at waiting for it. "Well, chirp.", she uttered under her breath, as she inched her hatted head around to get a look at her pursuer. The keyboard just smiled pleasantly.

BlitzGirl was lost for words and wondered if she was going mad. Well, madder than usual. Its smile widened, beyond the range of a sane keyboard. BlitzGirl was now certain: she wasn't in Kansas any more. But then again, she thought, sanity is boring.

"Pretty sure there aren't keyboards in Kansas, anyway. Cougarraptors, probably, but not keyboards."
Her thoughts were jumbled, but all at once "England!", she thought to herself. "Somewhere in England there's a keyboard like this.", but she couldn't for the life of her remember the name of the town. And she'd never been to England, and this keyboard seemed to know her.

At least she had her Vitsagen. Ja!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Eternal Density

Best I could reasonably do.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:58 pm UTC

For decree: But then she realised that it was impossible to use VITSSÅGEN without a pun.

OTTification:
Redundant:
Spoiler:
ONG.gif
Wait for it.
ONG.gif (77.43 KiB) Viewed 11702 times
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:09 pm UTC

AluisioASG, BlitzGirl, HES, ucim, yappobiscuits, Neil_Boekend, Eternal Density wrote:Aluisio innocently asked "Did you notice the decree?"

She didn't move a muscle, but neither did the keyboard. The right moment would come. One thing she knew: keyboards are good at waiting for it. "Well, chirp.", she uttered under her breath, as she inched her hatted head around to get a look at her pursuer. The keyboard just smiled pleasantly.

BlitzGirl was lost for words and wondered if she was going mad. Well, madder than usual. Its smile widened, beyond the range of a sane keyboard. BlitzGirl was now certain: she wasn't in Kansas any more. But then again, she thought, sanity is boring.

"Pretty sure there aren't keyboards in Kansas, anyway. Cougarraptors, probably, but not keyboards."

Her thoughts were jumbled, but all at once "England!", she thought to herself. "Somewhere in England there's a keyboard like this.", but she couldn't for the life of her remember the name of the town. And she'd never been to England, and this keyboard seemed to know her.

At least she had her Vitssagen. Ja! But then she realised that it was impossible to use VITSSÅGEN without a pun.
Did the keyboard know this? Maybe she could bluff. If only she were on a small hill - that would make things a lot easier.

As she was thinking, the keyboard faded away, leaving only a grin. And a sense that it would return. Sometime. When she least expected it.

Jose

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:20 pm UTC

"Epsilon," thought BlitzGirl. "What was in those cupcakes Valarya gave me?"

HES

Meanwhile...

Postby HES » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:21 pm UTC

The hatted hamply was in need of some courage. He sent the first message to an old friend since before the dawn of Time, and then scarpered off to his happy place before they could reply.

Hi there!

ED, I'm going to assume from the gif format that that does what I think it does, rather than [spoiler]. Treeish!

ETA: goat decree (if I can count):
To be continued...
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”