1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SilentTimer

Redundant OTTification of OtherComic #1343

Postby SilentTimer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:57 pm UTC

ETA: Hmm… Image
Optional decree: Many xkcd comics are difficult to understand but totally worth the effort. Tell your story about your favorite(s).

One of my examples: I learned a lot about Paul Erdős and his maths while trying to understand #599 Apocalypse.

(The one true example is, of course, #1990 Time. In an effort to understand it, the OTT was created. :))

Redundant:
Spoiler:
xkcd-time-silenttimer-1343-manuals.png
I told U this OTTification was redundant. Why U no believe me?

timer-hatted-pope-2.gif
timer-hatted-pope-2.gif (36.67 KiB) Viewed 11501 times

timer-hatted-pope.gif
timer-hatted-pope.gif (49.75 KiB) Viewed 11604 times

whatever.7z
(41.81 KiB) Downloaded 377 times

whatever-2.7z
(52.88 KiB) Downloaded 366 times

whatever-3.7z
(61.78 KiB) Downloaded 360 times

npb_colored.png
npb_colored.png (3.86 KiB) Viewed 10034 times

beanish-hello.png
beanish-hello.png (900 Bytes) Viewed 10032 times

for-ggh.zip
(22.94 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

for-ggh-2.zip
(22.84 KiB) Downloaded 333 times

time-logo.png
time-logo.png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 9988 times

beanish-yes.png
beanish-yes.png (516 Bytes) Viewed 9717 times

beanish-hi.png
beanish-hi.png (1.37 KiB) Viewed 9714 times

timer-bell.png
timer-bell.png (9.68 KiB) Viewed 9065 times

timer-bell-inverse.png
timer-bell-inverse.png (10.3 KiB) Viewed 9065 times

beanish-yes-bang.png
beanish-yes-bang.png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 8486 times

beanish-castle.png
beanish-castle.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 8425 times

piano.jpg

beanish-13.png
beanish-13.png (1.61 KiB) Viewed 7239 times

t1i-0353½.png
t1i-0353½.png (6.99 KiB) Viewed 7100 times
Last edited by SilentTimer on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:04 pm UTC, edited 24 times in total.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Neil_Boekend

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 pm UTC

The beesnake is a transformed wizard, busy with the last moves of a spell with a 3 yip castin time. They have just disturbed his work, causing a mistake. This mistake will be used by a demon king to get a hook on this plane of existence. Thus end the Mystery pics. After consuming the souls of the characters of the comic the demon king gets a feel for the place. He feels a plane of existence hovering just outside of it. Using an arcane ritual he gains access to the coveted plane. He enters our world through the computer screen of the first OTTer who loads a frame. Thus ends the real world.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

balthasar_s

Blitzreport #13(494/1370)(1791/1807)

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:30 pm UTC

Blitzreport #13(494/1370)(1791/1807) (12 was not a blitzreport)
I'm on np494 (dilgunnerang, Cueball falls into water)
This was not the END
Temporary 404.
They think it's the sea.

Megan and Cueball are actually two aliens that are bathing in the sea made of the blood from all the earthlings, that they ruthlessly exterminated (except for La Petite because they thought she was cool).

Anyway, if we extrapolate the progress made by BlitzGirl, I calculate that starting tomorrow BlitzGirl will be posting from the future. Hopefully she will be giving signs in her signature what to expect.

I've looked on Google Maps giving these 2 humpy clues, and it seems to be in the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location.
I predict M&C will be walking in the frame, probably from the left, carrying bags

EON.

Aubronwood was not prepared for the fading. Or something
I think it's colorspace related.

Cuegan.
GLR for the first time (?)

I really am too lazy to read all of this thread. I haven't got the attention span. Good luck!
But she did read it all.

Geekwagon duplicates frames 955=958
character limit.
ucim is the Pope of the Order of the Holy Contradiction in his first post.
Also, AotC prologue.

First map.

it's the lazy person's click and drag, Lord Randall is doing it for us.
an experimental Newpix-O-Meter.
Möbius Time

Perhaps the ultimate purpose is to create an collection of awesomely hatted avatars in the forum.

Age poll (mini otherthread)

Mikrit makes the first (?) Mediterranean prediction.

When your quest is complete, you shall acquire the title of Blitzgirl the Next. It is one of the highest honors that can be conferred in the OTT.
42guests sandwitch
"Food? Sorry, I only put trebuchets in the bags."
heatmap of changes

xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/Describe doesn't work anymore.
BOOM DE YADA! BOOM DE YADA!

Perspective change!
LOOOOOOOP?
Not the same!
Or?
and this.
But Megan would have to be bigger than Megan . . .

and then when everyone is about to lose hope, we get something startlingly new, like La Petite floating in on a raft

467:
This era should be called: "The OTC part 2, now with bags."
One True Comic II: The Baginning
!

Bag bag bag bag bag bag bag bag bag bag bag.
Bag bag bag? Bag BAG Bag! bag

bag

bagbag

Is it bag that I read bag as bag?

bag

bag

help

bag

Ok, I'm bagck.

3d!
Another map
Helper is back!
Wait, what is a BlitzGirl? It sounds ominous...
Helper party (WARNING, FLASHY GIF)

YEAH BUT THAT'S WHAT THE FIRST PART OF NOT ENDING LOOKS LIKE

Excerpt from The Lord of the Bags, The Fellowship of the Bag
HAL9000 is back!
The forum era/eons.
Opiboble is back.

Maybe they are walking on gray-poupon mustard.
Mustard theory
One mention was enough for mustard to become standard.

So I think we can declare Geekwagon the Official Keeper of the Frame Numbering. - says mscha...
the steam bottle
mscha's viewer is announced.
Mustard? Gray? What are you talking about? Those frames have always liked that way. You're not implying that the GRL actually made a mistake and then went back and corrected it, are you?

many Loopists don't /want it to loop. They fear that it will loop

Yay! More archival! Redundancy is good
First redundancy comment?

but some of us may end up looking like this at some point

Randall is simply proving the accuracy of his past comics, one by one
the OTC would make an excellent drinking game!
hope we don't end up with a new made up word like "Cueballs drinking for his dildogunerang again"

Wait, how did he post that if his battery died? Wait a second... his battery didn't die, he did! Because the battery killed him!
I had similarly thought that we could add a forum to the wiki ... the recursive possibilities are endless!
And then, when there's enough activity on that forum, somebody could draw a comic about it!
End of blitzreport #13(494/1370)(1791/1807)

Imagine a linear scale from 0 to 1 where 0 is blitzing and 1 is the present. Where am I in it?
1. At first I was only in the present: 1
2. But then, I started blitzing: 0
3. But I'm still reading the present too: 0.5
4. But only the posts that mention me somehow: 0.25
5. And other posts close to them, when I get distracted: 0.375
6. And some other parts of the present when on the Outside and waiting for the project to compile: 0.4375
(ETA)7. And ottificating and mirror work: 0.4375+0.413i

My visits to the present are too often. It slows down my blitz.

There was an age poll in the past. I didn't post my age directly anywhere. But I did post my age relative to some other things.

Something changed in the avatar system of the xkcd fora. Earlier, to download an avatar you had to use exactly the same URL that the fora used. (mine would be http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?avatar=289420_1394493033.gif)
Now, you can use any URL as long as the prefix stays the same (like this: http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?avatar=289420absolutely_anything_here_932849239eisjxisacxs.gif)

mrob27 wrote:
Image Blitz Progress Report Image

. . .
I think the bots enjoy trying to get two of me to switch places.
mrob27 wrote:
Image Blitz Progress Report Image

ETA: Time Foundation
Last edited by balthasar_s on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:43 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:38 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:Optional decree: Many xkcd comics are difficult to understand but totally worth the effort. Tell your story about your favorite(s).

Slightly sideways from what you were asking, but Delta-P was the first to lead me to explainxkcd - not because I didn't understand, but because I'd just done a module in fluid mechanics and wanted to give my input. The discussion then derailed into a whole load of TimeyWimey stuff because of Narnia, so it was also good practice for here. And then of course, explainxkcd led me to the fora when it was inadequately coping with the dawn of Time.
He/Him/His Image

Soup

Postby Soup » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 pm UTC

Welcome, archnemysis!

archnemysis wrote:I can't help but think I am vandalizing this thread coming to the party so late...

HERESY!

archnemysis wrote:I have not been able to get anything done in the past four days. <snip> Hopefully I will be able to reach the end one day, if only for my sanity.

One of us! :D

Wait well!
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

HES

Postby HES » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47 pm UTC

I just checked the thread, read the latest post, and glanced over at my other monitor. Browser window. This thread. Closed it, another window behind. Outside stuff. Second tab. This thread.

I might have a slight Time addiction... :roll:
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:ETA: just finished blitzing Project Skin Horse. Does anymolpy have a suggestion for a new webcomic?

Not much of a blitz, since it seems to be an actual new webcomic, but this one made me laugh.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:53 pm UTC

Helper wrote:Wait, what is a BlitzGirl? It sounds ominous...

Yes... Image Indeed.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 pm UTC

Uh oh, what inspired the wrath of the Red Spiders' Eyes?

ETA: Oh, I see. *hides*
He/Him/His Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:09 am UTC

IlluminatONG
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:38 am UTC

Molpish birthdip to Laura Mae June Beesnake!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Eternal Density

Hi

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:40 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Helper wrote:Wait, what is a BlitzGirl? It sounds ominous...

Yes... Image Indeed.

Wow, that post is currently a little more than a quarter of the way into the OTT!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ggh

Re: Redundant OTTification of OtherComic #1343

Postby ggh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:51 am UTC

SilentTimer wrote:Optional decree: Many xkcd comics are difficult to understand but totally worth the effort. Tell your story about your favorite(s).

I'm not sure this is the right answer, but I found 980: Money pretty enlightening. It led me to realize - and I'm not going to express this well - that money itself is a product, and that by using it, the value of, erm, the things we value is at the mercy of those who are manufacturing and distributing money. The reason I think that this isn't the right answer is that there have been other xkcd's that I've not understood at all until I've checked the forums, and they would be more appropriate, but I just can't recall what they were offhand.

Boy, am I tired. Spent over seven hours in the hospital last night after a neighbour's daughter sprayed Exit Mould in Little Wonder's face. My fault of course - I was talking to the neighbour in her house, and not paying as much attention to what our tots were doing as I should have been. Lesson learned. And any lesson you remember without it doing permanent damage is a good one, so, fingers crossed, this appears to be a mostly good one.

Belated cake and grog for swabbing the decks with me a few pages back!
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

ETA: Happy Birthday Laura Mae!
Spoiler:
May I pour you a June Bug cocktail?Image
Last edited by ggh on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:01 am UTC

ggh wrote:

I'm not sure this is the right answer, but I found 980: Money pretty enlightening. It led me to realize - and I'm not going to express this well - that money itself is a product, and that by using it, the value of, erm, the things we value is at the mercy of those who are manufacturing and distributing money. The reason I think that this isn't the right answer is that there have been other xkcd's that I've not understood at all until I've checked the forums, and they would be more appropriate, but I just can't recall what they were offhand.

Money is indeed a commodity! And just like other items, one can speculate on the prices (though currency speculation is frowned upon and may, in fact, be against some laws). That's also why cryptocurrencies could work - they'd be (are being) traded like any other item, virtual or real, until they become so ubiquitous that they are used as a common bartering medium. Like keys in the TF2 Mannconomy, but designed to be money in the first place. And also designed from the get-go to have a limited reserve and not be associated with any single entity, which makes them preferable to traditional currencies in some aspects.

HES

D'aww pirate hamply!

Postby HES » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:03 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Like keys in the TF2 Mannconomy

We may have some avid hotdoggers about, but this is going to be lost on most people.
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:26 am UTC

ggh wrote:Boy, am I tired. Spent over seven hours in the hospital last night after a neighbour's daughter sprayed Exit Mould in Little Wonder's face. My fault of course - I was talking to the neighbour in her house, and not paying as much attention to what our tots were doing as I should have been. Lesson learned. And any lesson you remember without it doing permanent damage is a good one, so, fingers crossed, this appears to be a mostly good one.

Fingers crossed, indeed. Can't be entirely your fault, but I know well how such things feel. (You'll probably have more of those, I'm still building my list.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

ergman

Re: D'aww pirate hamply!

Postby ergman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 am UTC

HES wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Like keys in the TF2 Mannconomy

We may have some avid hotdoggers about, but this is going to be lost on most people.

I am not one of those people.

My favorite xkcd realization moment was when I first heard the song '50 ways to leave your lover'. so much OH. That happens so frequently with xkcd (usually in the middle of class). Oh and of course the time I randomly re-happened upon time about a week after it was posted to find that it had MOVED.

good webcomics: http://www.sandraandwoo.com/ http://www.buttercupfestival.com/ http://www.bunicomic.com/

and http://twokinds.keenspot.com/ if you're into that kinda thing...

oh and the promotional comics for the game Overgrowth are downright amazing: http://www.wolfire.com/comic#1
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0733

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:30 am UTC

OUTGOONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:13 am UTC

What is this, a wipend? Wake up, OTTeeple!

Eternal Density

read-only mode

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:32 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:What is this, a wipend? Wake up, OTTeeple!

I have an outsidedeadline and brainm*stard :(

ETA I've refreshed a lot of times but no one is posting :(

Also, still no OtherComic!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 am UTC

My apologies, I'm battling Outside raptors at the moment. Image
Othercomic is still not up.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0734

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 am UTC

SWONGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:42 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Money is indeed a commodity! And just like other items, one can speculate on the prices (though currency speculation is frowned upon and may, in fact, be against some laws). That's also why cryptocurrencies could work - they'd be (are being) traded like any other item, virtual or real, until they become so ubiquitous that they are used as a common bartering medium. Like keys in the TF2 Mannconomy, but designed to be money in the first place. And also designed from the get-go to have a limited reserve and not be associated with any single entity, which makes them preferable to traditional currencies in some aspects.
Yeah... maybe.... I should look into them more. I was wondering if, in this wonderful day and age, we could apply so much e-lubricant to the marketplace that a common medium wouldn't be necessary.

SBN wrote:
ggh wrote:Boy, am I tired. Spent over seven hours in the hospital last night after a neighbour's daughter sprayed Exit Mould in Little Wonder's face. My fault of course - I was talking to the neighbour in her house, and not paying as much attention to what our tots were doing as I should have been. Lesson learned. And any lesson you remember without it doing permanent damage is a good one, so, fingers crossed, this appears to be a mostly good one.

Fingers crossed, indeed. Can't be entirely your fault, but I know well how such things feel. (You'll probably have more of those, I'm still building my list.)

Cheers, SBN! She was pretty cheery today, and not coughing or rubbing her eyes, so - knock on wood - the crossed fingers may have done the trick; she seems to have survived me this time. Building this list is terrifying.
Btw - enjoyed the cat news. :)

Eternal Density wrote:

Then I've got the book for you! (highlighting added by me.)
mustardBook.jpg
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 am UTC

ggh wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Then I've got the book for you! (highlighting added by me.)
mustardBook.jpg

Wow! Thanks :D
I hope it helps. (I'm 2 nopix late for dinner and still working...)

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:07 am UTC

We have some virtual characters posting in the OTT.
I already know about:
Corinne from the Minim,
Newpixbot from mscha,
Timborme, Nopixbot, and Imagebot from mrob27,
bothasar_s and bothasar_t from me.

Am I missing anyone else? And do we know how Timborme, Nopixbot, and Imagebot look like?
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:30 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:We have some virtual characters posting in the OTT.
I already know about:
Spoiler:
Corinne from the Minim,
Newpixbot from mscha,
Timborme, Nopixbot, and Imagebot from mrob27,
bothasar_s and bothasar_t from me.
Am I missing anyone else? And do we know how Timborme, Nopixbot, and Imagebot look like?

There was Fluffy, charlie grumbles' pet.
Also, you might want to ask Aluisio. There are a few grey areas there....
Agatha the Awesomeful

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:39 am UTC

SBN wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:ETA: just finished blitzing Project Skin Horse. Does anymolpy have a suggestion for a new webcomic?

Not much of a blitz, since it seems to be an actual new webcomic, but this one made me laugh.

That one is funny, despite the fact that I don't like cats (they are not smart enough to require no training and too smart to train. People "keep" them and let them roam the neighborhood to shit other people's gardens and tear up other people's garbage bags. Luckily we usually have a large dog to keep pests like cats and mice away.)

I started blizing by the book
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

Newword Time!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:48 am UTC

Okay I think I've done enough Burger Vending, time to go home for dinner!

Spoiler:
A Burger is the non-fun version of a Hotdog. In this case, Multi-Objective Optimisation software.

MOO!

azule
Saved

Re: 1190: "Zanclean Zodiac"; ᔪ--

Postby azule » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 am UTC

« Frame 14: NP1804:15 | » Frame 16: NP1809:19

The Zanclean Zodiac

When darkness fell upon the valley, the arrival of ᕒᖚᑫᕋ, signaled a dawn. ᕒᖚᑫᕋ, came to feast upon life and balance was soon struck. In the darkness it would hunt. It would soon find out why daylight was not its companion.

The solution is to saolve it.

Panel 00:

ucim wrote:Just a quickie - loved the OTC Field Report azule! Welcome back!
Double thanks.

SBN wrote:Wow!
Hah, thanks. But that's not all!

BlitzGirl wrote:It's the baobabful return of Ambassador Azule! Image OTTerrific! I like the Zodiac story so far.
So far, is right. Thanks. :)

slinches wrote:Azule, your field report looks to be coming along nicely as well. Very intriguing way of presenting the OTC storyline.
Well, thanks. I was hoping to intrigue.

lmjb1964 wrote:azule is back! And with an awesomeful story! azule, I've missed seeing your little foxmolpy. Of course, I still don't see your little foxmolpy, but it's treeish to have you back.
Back-ish. But thanks!

ergman wrote:Wow, to many things! Azule, this story of yours is pretty nifty.
Well, thanks. Nice to see it appreciated in its early life. :)

yappobiscuits wrote:Baobabs! azule is back! This story is intriguingly treeish and I look forward to Waiting For It some more!
That I can deliver (as my haphazard delivery leaves no alternative). lol.

Panel 01:

AluisioASG wrote:* stops to read whatever azule has posted

I like your avatarr.
Hah. Thanks. I can't see it.

lmjb1964 wrote:Yay, more Zanclean Zodiac!
Taking a small break to say thanks to all for the comments. I quote them all because of my appreciation (and hopefully not because of some sort of neediness ;) ). I wish I could tell y'all what to expect (or when) but maybe mystery is part of the culture of Time and I am obligated to proceed in this manner. (Woah, that got formal all of a sudden. lol)

BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:The story goes that ᓭᐧᘈᖉᕋ was simply gathering nuts.

ᓭᐧᘈᖉᕋ = Image ?
Very treeish so far! Loving it!
Cute image. Hehe, will you do an image for each? How? ;)

Panel [I forgot to keep track, so the rest go here]:

ergman wrote:Azule, are you trying to tell me that a squirpy caused the damming of the Gibraltar Strait? Because that's what it seems like, and if so that's quite molpish. I guess that's what that zodiac is, huh? The dammed straight?
Pretty much. Reread the introduction and you'll see it stated that this is the origin story of the land. I don't know what "dammed straight" is but a possible pun. lol.

ucim wrote:Twilight Zone (Zanclean version - steakish azule!)
Cool. I've called my home that. I am complemented. :)

BlitzGirl wrote:Appropriate timing for a raptor in the Zodiac...
I know, right? Just remember that it's the same star system as was posted half a wip ago.

lmjb1964 wrote:Oh, and azule, skeakish new Zanclean zodiac entry! And I liked Vytron's addition. :)
Thanks. Me too.

lmjb1964 wrote:Cool, another Zanclean zodiac, and with an ottification thrown in for good measure. :)
Thanks. There will be another for a bit more. Hah, the ott- isn't exactly related, but yeah, I'm gonna try throwing them in often.

yappobiscuits wrote:And by the way I'm really enjoying Zanclean Zodiac, it's very wingish and rather calming and zen, which makes a nice contrast to the more exciting SilentONGs. Steakish!
Cool. I had no particular requirement for level of viewing excitement ;), so that'll work. I guess that's a point in favor of random/haphazard/erratic posting. *point*

Earthling on Mars wrote:I don't think I mentioned it before, but I'm enjoying the Zanclean Zodiac.
Apparently not, so, thanks!

ggh wrote:Image
Is it wrong that this one reminds me of your thong?
Yes. Very wrong. :( :P
AluisioASG via PM wrote:Looks like goatpy horns to me.
Cool. I'm glad to see people guessing. Let me tell you that, based on the Original, there's a ram symbol. It's actually just coincidence that this one resembles that. But cool that it turned out to be similar. I actually didn't see it myself (being the creator, I have something else in mind). (Aside: Oh wait, did I use the horns as a template? Man, I forget now...) *remembers* No, I didn't.

ucim wrote:Awesomeful Zodiac azule! It's a Timescale of the Long Now!
Thank you. Not sure what you mean about a timescale or a long now, but I'm glad to see such an interpretation.

AluisioASG via PM wrote:Image
Looks like a logo of some kind of optical disc technology. BeanieRay? SkyDisc? LaserBeany?
Thanks. I'd like to propose this be the symbol for our optical discs. I would name it but it hasn't been guessed yet, so, spoiler.

ucim wrote:Great to see more Zanclean Zodiac azule! Is there supposed to be a navigation bar or somesuch on the site? I can change "latest" to an integer, but is there supposed to be an easier way to step through the images?
Thanks again. Well, d'oh. Yes, CTRL+[right arrow] and CTRL+[left arrow]. Sorry.
In response to changing the URL to an integer: You can? oh, no, that just sets it to the first frame. I probably should add more hacking support, but sadly I'm just busy making the frames (and sometimes OTTifications). *grrs@self*

Edit: Added next and previous frame links.
Last edited by azule on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:28 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:45 am UTC

azule wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:The story goes that ᓭᐧᘈᖉᕋ was simply gathering nuts.

ᓭᐧᘈᖉᕋ = Image ?
Very treeish so far! Loving it!

Cute image. Hehe, will you do an image for each? How? ;)

Thanks, though I can't take credit for it! The squirpy is grabbed from the OTC and converted to icon form by StormAngel, I believe.

azule wrote:
Spoiler:
AluisioASG via PM wrote:Image
Looks like a logo of some kind of optical disc technology. BeanieRay? SkyDisc? LaserBeany?

Thanks. I'd like to propose this be the symbol for our optical discs.
I would name it but it hasn't been guessed yet, so, spoiler.

Hmm. Beesnakes?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:18 am UTC

Long post short :
molpish bithxip, timpgoddess !
welcome, archnemysis and Randallspeed on your blitz !
steakish Zanclean Zodiac, azule !

aaand Othercomic is up!
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 am UTC

Oh yes, I've been playing 2048 in my free Time too. It's a molpish little hotdog.

Edit because I fail at links.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:36 am UTC

Ottified...

Spoiler:
1344 modified.png
1344 modified.png (17.75 KiB) Viewed 11509 times

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:41 am UTC

Well played, waveney ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "This post be on my side for 600, Alex!"

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:20 pm UTC

Some leftover ketchup: Image
Treeish ottifications, macraw83, lmjb1964 (and happy b-dip! ImageImageImage), and rvloon!

Steakish spOTTlights4, balthabeamer!

Wingish OTColourifications, NoMouse!

Awesomeful pyrography pendants, yappobiscuits!

Treeish OTThercomic, SilentTimer! But I hope we don't have to wait for it OtherComic #1990 to get a sequel for Time! :wink:

waveney wrote:Ottified...

OTFY

RSIR:
Spoiler:
1344wav_ott.png
1344wav_ott.png (19.5 KiB) Viewed 11467 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0735

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

DISTRONGASES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:02 pm UTC

ggh wrote:I was wondering if, in this wonderful day and age, we could apply so much e-lubricant to the marketplace that a common medium wouldn't be necessary.
Lubricant is an opportunity to apply friction, and friction is an opportunity to make money. Someone will figure out how to put friction in the system and profit from it. Look at the internet itself - remember "on the internet, nobody knows you're a dog"? The loss of privacy is a form of friction, invisibly stealing value from a transaction. Bitcoin is the opposite of "anonymous", for example.

Eternal Density wrote:A Burger is the non-fun version of a Hotdog. In this case, Multi-Objective Optimisation software.
In that case, maybe I should get myself a cart. I'm making a big burger, so invest in mustard futures!

azule wrote:Not sure what you mean about a timescale or a long now, but I'm glad to see such an interpretation.
The Long Now is a foundation devoted to long term thinking. In other words, to Wait For It. It's most visible project is a ten thousand year clock, and (showing that it's all RELATED) it has a Rosetta project too. We should add Beanish to it.

azule wrote:[navigate using] CTRL+[right arrow] and CTRL+[left arrow]. Sorry.
Is there a plain HTML way to do it? I try to keep scripts away from my machine.

WARNING

8224 IS NOT TO BE TRIFILED WITH! IT'S C**KIEISH! STOP NOW WHILE YOU CAN!

too late.
bye.
Spoiler:
just kidding... but only about the "bye" part. As for 8224 - you've been warned.
Doesn't it seem that we are in an area now with multilingual raptors? Or are they just more loquatious?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Loquacious Raptors = hit single by NBDBN

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:06 pm UTC

Treeish, waveney (and Zooman)! Image
I consciously tried not to infect you xuys with 2048... I've been stuck playing it for a couple of dips now. I remembered the c**kies. Image
So blame GLR this Time for spreading the addictive hotdog!

Also, my ketchup is being mustardy...forum-uploaded images/attachments aren't showing up for me on the regular forum pages.
But for some reason, they appear fine in the "topic review" box under the reply field. Epsilon.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:27 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Also, my ketchup is being mustardy...forum-uploaded images/attachments aren't showing up for me on the regular forum pages.
But for some reason, they appear fine in the "topic review" box under the reply field. Epsilon.
I hope nothing wrong is going to happen to the attachments.
Because I'm programming the attachment archiving right now.
BSTA

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:35 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
WARNING

8224 IS NOT TO BE TRIFILED WITH! IT'S C**KIEISH! STOP NOW WHILE YOU CAN!

too late.

Too late for me, too.
Which is unfortunate, as besides vending burgers, I'm supposed to play 1040 a few more times. (Ok, 2 more, plus 4 sub-games.)

Some Ways to Time

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”