1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

balthasar_s

Re: Redundant OTTification of OtherComic #1343

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:42 am UTC

Vytron wrote:So, what's a Jam Comic? I think the site explains it best:
It's like the game I like to play with my sister when sitting in a train. I draw a panel, she draws a panel, and so on, until we run out of paper or we run out of ideas or we arrive. We call it "szalony komiks" ("A crazy comic").

ETA: I don't know if OTTers will want to create twitter accounts for this. If not, maybe we could play it here?

ETA:
It's 2013 again.
You are new here.
You don't know how anything works here.
Everything is a mystery.

Now write your post.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 am UTC

Has anyone noticed the Javascript?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np61

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:10 am UTC

HANYUNG...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 am UTC

It's funny, Timerevisited is moving a lot faster than I remember from the early days. It's only been 1¼ daysoutside, and Cuegan has already started building the sandcastle, extended it, Cueball left, and Megan is scaling up.
Back then we thought this was slow, but I guess we weren't so used to
Spoiler:
yet.

ETA for the pope:
What might happen is this: at some point, probably not too far ahead, the castle is finished and they go home. The castle then slowly deteriorates, a few pixels every frame, until the beach is back in its original state ... a few months from now. (I bet we won't be checking every half hour anymore at that point.)
Then they come back and start all over again.
(My first in a long, long line of very incorrect predictions.)
Last edited by mscha on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Time Revisited - np62

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:40 am UTC

LAMENTUNGS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 am UTC

Does anyone else click every <spoiler> in every single of oldpixbot's posts, to see what's in there?

Treeish c**kie skills, Spaceman Spiff!
Wowterful new AotC chapter, ucim!
Wingish ottification, AluisioASG! And I think BlitzGirl is right, your story might eventually find you if you follow the First Commandment.
Treeish OTThercomics, ED and HES!

mikrit wrote:
january1may wrote:
Spoiler:
Ebonite wrote:Happy Time-versary, OTTers!

I feel like writing a OTTification of "Happy Anniversary" by the LIttle River Band, but since the river is big, wouldn't that be the Big River Band now?

Um, I might be mistaken on my OTTish, but if I remember correctly, the river is small. The sea is big.
I suppose it would be Small River Band (or maybe Tiny River Band, because Small River is redundant). Or I suppose it could be Vital Hotdog Function :D

Well, Megan and Cueball's river is small, but the one from Gibraltar is the planet's mightiest river, which once again is thundering down the mountainside.

How about "The Planet's Mightiest River Thundering Down the Mountainside Band"?

"The Planet's Mightiest River Thundering Down the Mountainside" is the flip side of Vital Hotdog Function's next single. Or maybe it's just a recording of their soundcheck. :)
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time Revisited - np63

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:10 am UTC

LUNGLAUFER...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: Time Revisited - np64

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 am UTC

MUNGOSTEEN...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:02 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:I don't think it's silly at all, Sciscitor. Kieryn and I were discussing when we met up in NYC a few weeks ago that this thread changed our lives. I know so many OTTers have said the same thing here before. I miss you xuys when I'm in the basement. I think about you every single day.

I couldn't agree more. When this all began, who could have thought we'd be saying things like this? Something amazing happened.

Valarya wrote:On the occasional Every wipend when I wake up at the crack of noon or later, I always think to myself "I just yappo'd." :mrgreen: (sounds dirty!)

ggh wrote:Now, I wasn't going to mention this, because I'm pretty sure I already seem like enough of a wacko, but then I thought, could we have a meetup like this? Not a real meetup, but one where we pick a time, and we touch some water that joins with the sea, which is big, and the sea connects us with its bigness.

Reminds me of the *nding of His Dark Materials. Flutterbeewingish.
Wacko? Perhaps, but you're among friends.

BlueCrab wrote:I'm not going back to the basement. I may not post very often, but I'll be here ketchupping at least a few dips a wip, and I'll contribute what I can.

Please do. I hope by now people realise that you can still contribute even if you can't keep up.

BlueCrab wrote:(Does anymolpy else translate classical music composers to OTTish? Beesnakethoven is great, isn't he?)

Congratulations MrCraw! Build a raftcastle BlitzGirl!
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np65

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:10 pm UTC

UNGRAINEDNESSES...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

january1may

Postby january1may » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:14 pm UTC

Um, finally an oldpixbot doublepost?
It's actually a bit hilarious in hindsight, since the original np63 didn't get any comments either (the only OTC newpix - at least by mscha counting - for which it was the case). Would be funny if oldpixbot controls are implemented soon enough that it remains the only doublepost :D
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:16 pm UTC

january1may wrote:Um, finally an oldpixbot doublepost?

Technically the second one was oldpixtortoise

ETA RELATED: It's not Beanish, but it is a mysterious language that needs solving.
Last edited by HES on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

january1may

Postby january1may » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 pm UTC

HES wrote:

Oh, noticed that now. Sorry.
Still funny considering the np63 situation last yip :)
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0777

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

PROMPTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Revisited - np66

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:40 pm UTC

MUSUNG...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
balthasar_s wrote: Rilybeasts
That shape, looks familiar, Image
That name, sounds familiar, RIES, an acronym for RILYBOT Inverse Equation Solver. [...]

Yes, part of my dark secret past that I have sworn never to talk about... nah, just kidding. RILYBOT was an exhibit I created for a robotics symposium in 1999 (and the only official MIT event I've ever been a part of :) ). The whole "rilybeast" thing goes back maybe 10 years or so earlier. As you see in the article I linked, it's a fictional three-legged creature. They're kind of like tribbles with three legs.
    RILYBOT and the logo Image are one of a series of quasi-fictitious brands (with logos) I have made up to represent myself or my ideas. The oldest was at the age of 7 years. I also like to retcon my various creative ideas together, which is what happened with all the rily* stuff. I'll quote from the end of the RIES manual:

mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
RILYBOT.png

RILYBOT.jpg

Huh. 'Cause it looks like a flux capacitor.

tresoldi wrote:And what's so arcane about ur'ᘊ?[ᒣᓭᑫᖊ]+[ᐧ,ᑦ]?[ᖚᘊᘖᘈᑲᓄᑕᖊᔭᖽ]*[ᑦ,ᐧ]?[ᔭᖉᔕᘖᖆ]?ᓄ?' ? :wink:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl ftaghn?
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:06 pm UTC

AQUALUNG

ZoomanSP wrote: Does anyone else click every <spoiler> in every single of oldpixbot's posts, to see what's in there?

A gentle reminder of the existence of Spoiler Opener, though it is only useful to users of Firefox or Chrome on a "real" computer... :roll:

january1may wrote: Um, finally an oldpixbot doublepost?

Ninja'd on this being mscha+ZoomanSP double-post, but I noted the preceding mscha+oldpixbot triple-post :D

the original np63 didn't get any comments either (the only OTC newpix - at least by mscha counting - for which it was the case)

No, there was also frame M#606. This post was at newpix 605.84, frame M#606 did not get ONG'd, and this post was the ONG for frame M#607.
Still funny considering the np63 situation last yip :)
Agreed... there must be something about that newpix... I think it was the first example of "they're doing something that's clearly very long and drawn-out, and this newpix doesn't seem to tell us anything that the previous 27 newpix didn't also say", though 27 is an exaggeration. Future UNGs spoiler:
Spoiler:
Of course, that will be followed by the Expansion era and the dreaded Mound-building. ... :? :wink:

DracoMax wrote: Huh. 'Cause it looks like a flux capacitor.

And a radiation hazard symbol, and probably several other things. :wink:
     ... oh, I see what you did there... (time-traveller reference) Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:12 pm UTC

HES wrote:

Wait on.

Spoiler:

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35 pm UTC

AUNGST

Ooh, castle-y bits! And, I think I just barely ninjad oldpixbot... sorry new metal friend. Image Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:42 pm UTC

inspired by Zooman's sig...

Wait On
An Ottification of Aerosmtih's Dream on.
Spoiler:
Every time that I open 1190
All these lines on the comic have moved slightly
The past is gone
It went by like Fading to black
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
If the sea is just broke
I know in rivers you can't swim
You got to be careful you don't fall in

Half my life's in Castles and rivers
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know it's true
All the things you post, come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the yip
Sing for the laughter and post for the trip
Sing with me, if it's just for a post
Maybe tomorrow the GLR will make an epilogue

Wait on, wait on, wait on,
wait until the *nd and then,
wait until the *nd and then,
wait on
wait on
wait on
wait on
wait on
wait on
wait on

“have i gone mad?

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:56 pm UTC

ggh wrote:While it's still fresh in my head though, I want to tell you where I was just celebrating the Timeversary besides lurking here. The Little Wonder and I were at a park by the sea, and when she got tired, I picked her up and carried her along the shore. While she slept, I walked with the waves gently lapping at my feet, and I thought of y'all, and tried to get my head around how big the sea is. I mean, I'm in the water, and that water is touching all the water in the bay, which is connected to the Cook Strait and the Pacific, and pretty much this whole planet of sloshing coffeesemenbaconbabiesonice. It's all touching my feet, and to get all hippy about it, like wow. The sea is big. And I'm in it.

Now, I wasn't going to mention this, because I'm pretty sure I already seem like enough of a wacko, but then I thought, could we have a meetup like this? Not a real meetup, but one where we pick a time, and we touch some water that joins with the sea, which is big, and the sea connects us with its bigness.
THIS

pelrigg wrote:
But all the other 'Thanks' go to you faithful few who have kept it going on strong. I know any list I make will leave off at least ten others who should be there too; but here goes:
BlitzGirl, AluisioASG, Earthling on Mars, lmjb1964, ChronosDragon, MistyCat HES, ggh, Cellocg, balthasar_s, Neil_Boekend, Earthling on Mars, Kieryn, january1may, waveney, ... The Creator of Time After Time ... Old person's brain failurelawn... I know your name... [...] [I know when I'm beaten] , SBN, mscha, taixzo, TheMinim, Eternal Density, ucim, yappobiscuits.

FTFM

Jose, AotC... Speechless

EveryMolpy... Speechless

Mrob27, I hadhaven't seen that before now, and I've thoroughBlitzed as thoroughly as I possibly could. What else by whom else have I missed out on being magnificently entertained by? Must I reBlitz? I can't miss things like this. I won't miss things like this. Things like this are the meaning of life.

Oh, and I'ma let you finish, but JoCh*rp SebastiMolpy is yadda yadda... Ba-dum Tish!

lawnGet off it.

ETA: For decree: Sorry, I'm having total brain failure. Probably should delete this whole post. Or coma seaishly.
Last edited by MistyCat on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:47 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

mscha

Time Revisited - np69

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm UTC

LUNGERUNGLY...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 pm UTC

Quick mornip ketchup: Image

(Been Waiting to say that a while)

Thanks taixzo, Aluisio, BlitzGirl, and HES. She also had no idea it was coming (even though we were on our first legitimate "vacation" together (in Cozumel MX) and had been dating for over 7 yips).

yappobiscuits wrote:
Valarya wrote:You just woke up too... um.. late? :P

Well, you know, when your own name has become a word for a messed up coma schedule, you gotta live up to it :P

That means my entire senior year of college was one great yappo. Most of the time I was on a schedule that can be best described as a modified 6 28-hour-day week

Adding the Zanclean Zodiac to the list of molpish compilations to ketchup on.

Also, I was getting worried, as the entire xip past with nary a sign of BlitzGirl. But, she finally returned, with a very good excuse for her absence, proving that we do not share a mutual Present-presence exclusion:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ImageSREEE! Timeversary Ketchup! Image

For decree:
My dishwasher decided to celebrate the Timeversary by recreating the Zanclean Flood in my apartment! Image
So todip was an Outside dip dealing with a kitchenish sea, and tonip is an OTTerish nip dealing with a seaish ketchup.

[snip]

Ya know, as much fun as that sounds, it probably wasn't good for your kitchen floor. I hope you at least made the best of it (and that you have a landlord that's taking care of the dishwasher issue).

Now that the Timeversary is over, and the RECKONING has been delayed, I might let my Present half take the next couple xips off to concentrate on Blitzing. I'll still pop back in for periodic ketchup, and maybe the occasional OTTification.

Also, for Pope:
OMRG the image changes, that's really cool!
Also, what on earth does flutterbeewingish mean??

Edited to complete a thought that was unfinished
Last edited by macraw83 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:21 pm UTC

Not going to lie. I'm always yappo to one degree or another, just not to the degree of some of the other OTTers who shall remain nameless.

And as per the pope: You know, we have gone quite a while without degenerating into a flamewar. I wonder if we could take the record?
Last edited by Dracomax on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
“have i gone mad?

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:22 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Also, what on earth does flutterbeewingish mean??

"Exquisitely beautiful.

Comes from Megan's comment upon seeing the wings of a beesnake that you could live a thousand lifetimes and still be amazed that there were things as beautiful as these. Short form: wingish."

ETA: My bad. :oops:
Last edited by Soup on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:36 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

ergman

Postby ergman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:26 pm UTC

Calling it: those Xs are warning signs to stay away from the radiation.

For pope: is this gonna be some sad thing about all things being semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice sand in the wind? The tide will ruin the castle...

Preview edit: I thought macraw's question was part of her 'for pope'...
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ronaldkr

Re: MWAH!!!

Postby ronaldkr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm UTC

tresoldi wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:In reference to http://beanishlang.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... -them-all/ I would like to point out that use of Beanish letters does not make regular expressions any fewer comprehensible to me. (Which is to say, they looked like arcane inscriptions already. And I have used them myself on occasion and it hasn't helped demystify them :P)

Maybe the Beanish script is actually an ad hoc syntax for regular expressions that you have to grep to (in? at? on?) some text file hidden in the images!

And what's so arcane about ur'ᘊ?[ᒣᓭᑫᖊ]+[ᐧ,ᑦ]?[ᖚᘊᘖᘈᑲᓄᑕᖊᔭᖽ]*[ᑦ,ᐧ]?[ᔭᖉᔕᘖᖆ]?ᓄ?' ? :wink:

Whee. Tresoldi!

Glad that you push the deciphering project again. I have since massaged the Beanish corpus that you presented a little bit, highlighting syntactic elements etc. The syntax of questions and of simple sentences like "We will go to the castle" is still evading me. I'll try and compare this to your word groups that might have an origin in the etymology of the language.

What is the best way to publish this? I understand that Github won't carry text with attributes. Google docs?

To push forward: Tresoldi's findings are at http://beanishlang.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... -them-all/

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:34 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
HES wrote:

Took a while for my brain to process the image due to me being very sleepy. But once it had I laughed lots.
♪OTT ninja tortoise♪

Decree Post (what my first post would have been had I not waited months to post) :
Oh so just discovered this thread, wow the comic changed a lot since yesterday. There's a sandcastle now. I wonder how long it will take for them to finish. I wonder what will happen when they do. This is exciting.!

!I think I see why I waited so long to post. It's not a really interesting first post.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:36 pm UTC

I had noticed BlitzGirl was missing today.
I had read why.
Now I just connected the sticks.
Hm. Wrong sticks.

ggh wrote:[…] I walked with the waves gently lapping at my feet, and I thought of y'all, and tried to get my head around how big the sea is. I mean, I'm in the water, and that water is touching all the water in the bay, which is connected to the Cook Strait and the Pacific, and pretty much this whole planet of sloshing coffeesemenbaconbabiesonice. It's all touching my feet, and to get all hippy about it, like wow. The sea is big. And I'm in it.

Now, I wasn't going to mention this, because I'm pretty sure I already seem like enough of a wacko, but then I thought, could we have a meetup like this? Not a real meetup, but one where we pick a time, and we touch some water that joins with the sea, which is big, and the sea connects us with its bigness.

By the time I finished reading the second (here first) paragraph, I was having the exact same idea.
Scheduling this is going to be real hard.

JOTUNG

ION: You may have noticed I didn't actually post during the Dawn of Time, but 0.3 shortpix after it, and with UNGSEEN as ONG. There's a reason for that.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
ggh wrote:[…] I walked with the waves gently lapping at my feet, and I thought of y'all, and tried to get my head around how big the sea is. I mean, I'm in the water, and that water is touching all the water in the bay, which is connected to the Cook Strait and the Pacific, and pretty much this whole planet of sloshing coffeesemenbaconbabiesonice. It's all touching my feet, and to get all hippy about it, like wow. The sea is big. And I'm in it.

By the time I finished reading the second (here first) paragraph, I was having the exact same idea.

Indeed, that would be neat; hard but neat.

(OTTish refrained for His Holiness Balthapope I)
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

mscha

Time Revisited - np71

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

SUNGSMITH...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

AluisioASG

Should we start plannUNG?

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:32 pm UTC

Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:36 pm UTC

In True deference to the Pope, whilst simultaneously doing everything I can to undermine the intent, I give you this:

I believe this is much darker than anyone has yet suggested. the objective of this is to make you literally feel entropy killing off the universe by making you aware of the sensation of time passing by, and minutes and seconds being shed like dead skin. It will inevitably be about the heat death of the universe. And the sand castle represents the mindless things we do to fill the time and make it seem to have meaning.

Or it's about how neat sandcastles are. that works too.
“have i gone mad?

karhell

Might as well get started

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:38 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:In True deference to the Pope, whilst simultaneously doing everything I can to undermine the intent, I give you this:

I believe this is much darker than anyone has yet suggested. the objective of this is to make you literally feel entropy killing off the universe by making you aware of the sensation of time passing by, and minutes and seconds being shed like dead skin. It will inevitably be about the heat death of the universe. And the sand castle represents the mindless things we do to fill the time and make it seem to have meaning.

Yup, that catches the early mindset pretty well ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

Dracomax

Re: Might as well get started

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:41 pm UTC

karhell wrote:
Dracomax wrote:In True deference to the Pope, whilst simultaneously doing everything I can to undermine the intent, I give you this:

Yup, that catches the early mindset pretty well ^^

It should. it's almost exactly my first post. I just deleted some things about registering for the forum. :P
“have i gone mad?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:45 pm UTC

Please do not make me a member of the Western Paradox Church. I have just had a visit from the future and I told me I never became one.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:48 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Please do not make me a member of the Western Paradox Church. I have just had a visit from the future and I told me I never became one.

...but you would say that, wouldn't you. You couldn't actually tell yourself you did, now could you? There would be no paradox there. Also, you might have to kill your past self if you found out to much about the future, since that is Top Secret Information, and you don't have authorization or need to know. Termination might be your only option.
“have i gone mad?

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Does anyone else click every <spoiler> in every single of oldpixbot's posts, to see what's in there?

Yes! I do!

karhell wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:

Indeed, that would be neat; hard but neat.

When would we do it? Summer would make sense, but what's summer in the Northern Hemisphere is winter for our OTTers in Australia.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Time Revisited - np73

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:10 pm UTC

UNGARBLED...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:11 pm UTC

COWABUNGA
Spoiler:

Edit: UNG was ninja'd, touché, oldpixbot :)

MistyCat wrote: Mrob27, I hadhaven't seen that before now, and I've thoroughBlitzed as thoroughly as I possibly could. What else by whom else have I missed out on being magnificently entertained by? ...

Hi @MistyCat! I'm so glad you liked my OTTification of the XKCD website! :D From where I'm blitzing right now, you're still at NP655/1458... and you had departed on your Blitz sometime around NP 1385:30 which is before I de-lurked. scanning ahead, it does seem that you blitzed it all, arriving in the Present st NP 1677. My Boom-de-Yada was announced at NP 1504 which you were probably reading in late November or early December.
    Anyway, a highlight of the really big things I did (including two recorded songs and a couple Modern Major Generals) is on my Wiki Gospel page. You can get an idea of the contributions I thought were most notable by scanning my travelogue notes.
    For less biasedB guide, I would also suggest scanning the Songs list (noting that songs that were recorded can be easily recognized from the "Singer" column), and the Artwork page plus each of the pages it links to (like OTColored, etc.)

P.S. Ḟøŕ Ṁå∂ñéŝŝ țŕåçķîñğ, Ḯ çøñƒîŕṃ ŀéŝŝ → ƒéωéŕ, ŀéŝŝéŕ → ƒéωéŕéŕ åŝ øƒ ǸƤ1827

Bin the statistical sense, of course :wink:
Last edited by mrob27 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”