1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ergman

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ergman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:54 pm UTC

Yay, Mscha! And well double newpix'd, with a double Ong in the second one.

And yay, userscript! And yay, time constellation. (I seem to have put on some weight).

Yay in general!

Pope?!?! Time for another spur of the Mome decree...

Which OTC character do you think you most relate to?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Postby HES » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Tralala wipend.

You say that, but I've barely noticed is been so raptorish.

Ketchup to follow once I drag myself out of bed

Note to Blitzers: You're in for a couple of unmolpish pages. It's all done and dealt with by NP1852*, so try not to thwappstick a dead equimolp.

*Or it seemed to be. It definitely is now, though, and all is well.
Last edited by HES on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 pm UTC

Per decree: I relate most to the ghosts in the background.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:40 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
ggh wrote:ETA3: Should we have a longpix party?
no we always a have a party?

This is true! Image Though our degree of party varies depending on the newpage.

For decree: Probably Rosetta, though I see myself as being both LaPetitish and Meganish on occasion.

WIPUNG:

New OTT doodle (which may be my fault):
Spoiler:
OTTish = Clevelandic
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:45 pm UTC

Congrats for 1100 Neil!
Seaish pic of a riverish cake:
Spoiler:

Relate to? Hmm, maybe a random member of the forty.

ETA: doodlingish
Spoiler:
hah, that's awesomeful BlitzGirl!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0802

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

LAMENTONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Re: Time After Time: t1i-0802

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:38 pm UTC

mscha wrote:LAMENTONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Someone sniffed rocks, died and was buried?

Thanks ggh!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:New OTT doodle (which may be me fault):
Spoiler:
Clevelandic = Clevelandic

Spoiler:
Oh, and OTTer is Clevelandite if that wasn't pointed out already.

Is newpixbot gaining sentience? LAMENTONGLY sounds like a very appropriate ONG for this sad newpix.

ETA: And congrats to mscha/newpixbot for the 3636th post. That's a neat number.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Last edited by NoMouse on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:49 pm UTC

The cairn was a grave!! :shock:
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:09 pm UTC

Thanks for the new script, mrob! I had noticed that it broke when they filtered BANANAS.

I had a dream last nip that I had been promoted to a mod somehow, and I could see all the filters. Sadly, I can't remember any of them.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

mscha

Time Revisited - np254

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:10 pm UTC

SWANSUNGS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm UTC

HES, 3 nopix ago, wrote:Ketchup to follow once I drag myself out ah bed

Oops.

BlitzGirl wrote:Ronald: de current iteration ah de Furious Doodling sieve dem all instances ah "dis ting wa ahbe all talkin' about," so anyting wid dat in de link gets mustarded, including fora attachments like HES's smiley, an' de newpix, which get double-filtered wid "dis ting wa ahbe all talkin' about" an' "comic dem" in dey urls. Only original OTT post dem be safe: quotes, sigs, searches, previews, etc. get mangled.

How did your sig escape, then?

NoMouse wrote:be newpixbot gaining sentience? LAMENTONGLY sounds like a very appropriate ONG for dis sad newpix.

He's been sentient for a while, but usually hides it better.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:So here it be: Enjoy

Oh chirp, me name be embarrassingly seaish pon dat. Image

Image Seaishly seaish!

Despite being somewhere between the fourth and seventh largest (significantly more seaish than last time), it took me an age to find myself. Why? Because BlitzGirl's in the way!!

Ooh, not long until 73937

Ms Frizzle can draw really well. For pope, somewhere between Cue and LBB.
He/Him/His Image

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:00 pm UTC

UNGERMANN

I be still in ketchup mode, but wanna let OTTers be knowin' that if they be usin' me The Hour Replay viewer, that startin' wit' 'tis UNG, it gunna update each 1/4 newpix (15 minutes) to gift us th' three "apocryphal frames". Thought ye'd like to watch that :)

HES wrote: (OTPB:1845:5) Macraw, it sieves ye preview so ye can self inflict it that way. To change others would need a userscript. Not sure why ye'd wanna, though.

A userscript, ye shout? :twisted:

I lust 'tis, @bothasar_t :
Spoiler:
(OTPB:1845:18) BlitzGirl, 1800:

'n I that ye found parrrt 'o ye answer to Pope Helper's What-if inquiry from th' virgin-sacrifice debate 'o Newpage 169 ... :shock:

HES wrote: (OTPB:1845:21) Because "the hour" was filtered last yip, GLR gave ye thread immunity so that newpix could still be posted. ...

That's just so ch*rpin' funny.

@macraw83, Thanks fer quotin' me C**kie warnin' in Newpage 1845 Caribbean English-dem (OTPB:1845:23). Aye, ARRrrr! By contrast, it now (late NP1848) ReggaefiesRP as 'tis:
Spoiler:
Cap'n Mrob27 wrote:
- - > WARNIN'< - -
(dis be a temporal edit, hopefully obvious)

If ye arrive here while blitzin', here's a word ah wisdom from dem OTTers who have suffered
(goin suffer? goin havingbe sufferedin'?) in de future-hence:

Do no under any circumstances follow any links concernin' "COOKIES" later pon dis newpage (or de next few)
ye The Hour an' Sanity be at stake!
I be knowin' ye're a tink ah it. We're in de Future an' we collectively see ye droolin' an' hear ye "yummmmm!!!!"
So, just consider de fact dat by newpage 1422, "cookie" goin routinely be spelled "c*kie".
Ye been warned. We may, perhaps, warn ye again.

wit' several word changes due to ye raptorish expansion 'o ye Jamaica-madnen dictionary by our modern major-overlords.

BlitzGirl wrote: (OTPB:1846:0) More from a helpful wiki comment by patzer:
three = tree

We have to be tellin' them that 'yo ho ho' be 4, not 3 <- Note: my pirate dictionary changes 'treeish' to 'yo ho ho' :D

NoMouse wrote: (OTPB:1846:9) Oh no, ARRrrr! We all now love BANANANANANANANAS, ARRrrr! Thus ye BANANA-Yada script stopped sailin'!

Aye, I knew that would happen, such be th' nature 'o Furious Doodlin'. Fortunately, it seems th' OTTers were not to be dissuaded by such a minor NA-Banan-amplification:

HES wrote: (OTPB:1846:27) Seek out

Code: Select all

if (str == "I lust BANANAS")
in ye script 'n replace BANANAS wit' ye appropriate amount 'o NAs

'n 'o course:

karhell wrote: (OTPB:1847:1) Oh, 'n as fer Cap'n mrob's banana replacement. A slightly more generic fix than manually inputtin' th' correct number 'o NAs, replace line 67 by:

Code: Select all

if (/I lust ba(na)+/i.test(str)) {

(OTPB:1847:9) then /I love ba(na)+s? .*/i do th' trick. Regex FTW

Thank ye, ye extra clever OTTers, fer fillin' ye gap while I was a-coma.

NoMouse ('n ggh) wrote: (OTPB:1846:24) people dem dem dem dem → people dem dem dem dem dem (wow, dis one be recursive)

Yarrr, me scurvy pirate filter changes "pîrate" to "scurvy pîrate", 'n a few others, so I en' up gettin' 'tis sort 'o thin' if I type "makepost -pir -pir".

HES wrote: (OTPB:1846:25) So XKCDSW be now XKCDAFBMA?
Yo-Ho-Ho, 'tis now ITT: We mek dis tin' wa ahbe all talkin' 'bout a fair wee bit more awesome.

Azrael wrote: (OTPB:1847:24) What we wish be to make th' forum, fer a the hour, a slightly weirder place. Like shippin' a bobcat.

In addition to Madness, forum contained Raptorish postin' rate. Gunna blitz again.

HES wrote: (OTPB:1847:29) 'Tis bound to have some amount 'o parrot pee in it, right?

Many times over — thar was a What-if 'bout that.

(OTPB:1847:36) Also, before I step Out To Sea fer a moment, th' Profile Hover script be really yo ho ho. *scrolls*

I just wanna point out, in case ye don't realize, that script was by @WOnder93, announced in his signature (last posty was 'tis one on NP1486), 'n I just added comments.

macraw83 wrote: (OTPB:1847:38) Also, grog-filled belated np9000, everyone! (Or be I th' only one still usin' th' newpix converter script?)

No, me too, 'n also ye MacOS menu tavern app by @taixzo. 'n yarrr, 'Tis Over 9000!!! Image

Sciscitor wrote: (OTPB:1848:11) Just wanted to let ye be knowin': Thar be a new Constellation 'o The Hour 5.
... Heart'Ly Enjoy. ...

Wow, thanks! Me first chance to search fer myself in th' Constellations 'o The Hour...
Spoiler:
ENHANCE lower right!
ENHANCE!

It took a while, because I expected to be way off in th' edges somewhere. :wink: But it was a lot 'o fun readin' ye names 'n gettin' lost several times :D

That's all fer now, yet more ketchin' up to do...

Cap'n Mrob27 Image

RPIf yer a raggae pirate, that is!

Spoiler:
dragonball.gif
little Dragon Ball Z smiley
dragonball.gif (1.58 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

cons5-mrob-z01.png
Constellations of Time, zoom 1
cons5-mrob-z01.png (161.72 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

cons5-mrob-z02.png
Constellations of Time, zoom 2
cons5-mrob-z02.png (172.05 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

cons5-mrob-z03.png
Constellations of Time, zoom 3
cons5-mrob-z03.png (166 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

cons5-mrob-z04.png
Constellations of Time, zoom 4
cons5-mrob-z04.png (145.08 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

cons5-mrob-z05.png
Constellations of Time, zoom 5
cons5-mrob-z05.png (146.12 KiB) Viewed 13051 times

Edits: to de-pirateify a couple URLs so they work (Furious Doodling upon Reckoning, I love it!)
Last edited by mrob27 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:09 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:05 pm UTC

i can't seem to get the new bananayada to work. did they change the titles again? also, I got multiquote, but don't know how to use it, or installed it wrong.

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:23 pm UTC

ergman wrote:i kyan't seem a get de new bananayada to wuk. did dey change de titles again?

What browser are you using? I mainly use old Opera (12.16) with Violentmonkey and it stopped working for me too. The older versions worked fine. It does work in Firefox and Chrome though. This is really weird behavior, the Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey/Violentmonkey userscripts usually work on all browsers the same.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:59 pm UTC

HES wrote:Ooh, no long till 73937

Ooh, not long until 73937

Is everymolpy standing by to make the post after this one?

edit to add missed time after time

and edit again, because someone else did it better.

And edited to de-Madness.
Last edited by SBN on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

Okay, I guess I will. What's 73937 anyway? RIES says it's 6*((3*(62+1))2+2)-1 . . .

I've stopped doing the pirate thing because it's gotten so serious around here... :(

SilentTimer wrote: ... Everyone, please help to make the ketchup after the Madness as molpish as possible – for mscha and all the Blitzers and lurkers who don't speak up here.

Well, I suppose I could post my messages in plain text in spoilers, or on a separate web page... Both would be easy. Opinions?

SilentTimer – who cannot stay silent someTimes

You have used your riverish number of posts in a very seaish way!

ronaldkr wrote: Wℎat happened to HES' signature? Tℎe wikia icon disappeared, aņd tℎe link to tℎe forum ẇas mangled?

This hasn't been fully answered.
    The filters work on subject lines and signatures. Not sure about the Location in the profile. For example in this old post, the subject line which was originally "Re: BlitzGirl's 3000 Posts", now reads "Re: BlitzGirl's 3000 post dem".
    HES's signature still hasn't been explained fully. The broken image is a link to the Wiki, and that link works. The image is an attachment, this one: Image. Oddly, both the Wiki URL and the attachment image URL contain 'xkcd', but only the image's URL is being filterchanged to "dis ting wa ahbe all talkin' about"...

mscha wrote: Thanks for the encouraging PM's, y'all! I won't reply to them individually, as PMs are affected by the Madness, but I will be back, and start ketching up from NP1731, once things are back to (relative) normality.

I am so glad! Image I need molpies to help me celebrate! Image Image Image

Can I go back to talking like a pirate now? (Please? . . . Arrrrr?)

And my viewer now contains a link to the UNG (current day/time in 2013).

Yes! And it even worked on the apocryphal frame 258a when I visited; very treeish indeed!

ucim wrote: ... tomorrow is the HolyDix of RobIrr, 7 Innocence! ...

Thanks for the ecclesiastical reminder, @ucim!

SBN wrote: (OTT:1839:1) ... Also, didn't one of the cairns seem, um, grave?
Spoiler:

Yep, you called it!

ergman wrote: i can't seem to get the new bananayada to work. did they change the titles again? also, I got multiquote, but don't know how to use it, or installed it wrong.

I only know how to install scripts in Chrome with the TamperMonkey extension. (for MacOS, but hopefully that part doesn't matter). Start at my index. Each script has a link with the actual URL of the script, and a description. Visit the URL (which ends in ".user.js" and it shows the source code of the script, and a pop-up dialog asks if you want to install. Click NO to just look at the source code, or click YES to install.
    Notice that some scripts, including Multi-Quote, have checkboxes that have to be turned on to get all the features. The checkboxes are at the bottom of any OTT page (but not in the compose-a-post or private message pages).

NoMouse wrote: I mainly use old Opera (12.16) with Violentmonkey and it stopped working for me too. The older versions worked fine. It does work in Firefox and Chrome though. This is really weird behavior, the Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey/Violentmonkey userscripts usually work on all browsers the same.

If anyone can help me understand how it works for me but not for others including @NoMouse and @ergman, let me know.

mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
plain-molpy.gif
normal (un-beanied, right-tp-left) running molpy
plain-molpy.gif (1.53 KiB) Viewed 12964 times

Edits: Probably several small edits by now, because I am using Submit as a Preview button. In fact, this comment probably applies to the rest of my posts for the next few dips. I don't really mind though... ;)

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:35 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Edits: Probably several squeasey edits by now, because I be a use Submit as a Preview button. In fact, dis comment probably applies to de rest ah me post dem for de next few dips. me nuh really mind dough... ;)

I guess you are not alone. I always hit Preview, see the doodling and just go Oh, screw it and hit Submit and then check my post.

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 pm UTC

Oh good, somebody else posted, so I can post my idea about the broken script...

NoMouse wrote:
mrob27 wrote:Edits: Probably several squeasey edits by now, because I be a use Submit as a Preview button. In fact, dis comment probably applies to de rest ah me post dem for de next few dips. me nuh really mind dough... ;)

I guess you be no alone. I always hit Preview, see de doodling an' just go Oh, screw it an' hit Submit an' den check me post.

I always do that anyway... I proof-read 27 times in the compose/preview cycle, just like in this flowchart, then submit and inevitably find more errors.

NoMouse wrote:
ergman wrote:i c‍a‍n't s‍e‍e‍m t‍o g‍e‍t t‍h‍e n‍e‍w b‍a‍n‍a‍n‍a‍y‍a‍d‍a t‍o w‍o‍r‍k. d‍i‍d t‍h‍e‍y c‍h‍a‍n‍g‍e t‍h‍e t‍i‍t‍l‍e‍s a‍g‍a‍i‍n? ...
W‍h‍a‍t b‍r‍o‍w‍s‍e‍r a‍r‍e y‍o‍u u‍s‍i‍n‍g? I m‍a‍i‍n‍l‍y u‍s‍e o‍l‍d O‍p‍e‍r‍a (1‍2.1‍6) w‍i‍t‍h V‍i‍o‍l‍e‍n‍t‍m‍o‍n‍k‍e‍y a‍n‍d i‍t s‍t‍o‍p‍p‍e‍d w‍o‍r‍k‍i‍n‍g f‍o‍r m‍e t‍o‍o. T‍h‍e o‍l‍d‍e‍r v‍e‍r‍s‍i‍o‍n‍s w‍o‍r‍k‍e‍d f‍i‍n‍e. I‍t d‍o‍e‍s w‍o‍r‍k i‍n F‍i‍r‍e‍f‍o‍x a‍n‍d C‍h‍r‍o‍m‍e t‍h‍o‍u‍g‍h. T‍h‍i‍s i‍s r‍e‍a‍l‍l‍y w‍e‍i‍r‍d b‍e‍h‍a‍v‍i‍o‍r, t‍h‍e T‍a‍m‍p‍e‍r‍m‍o‍n‍k‍e‍y/G‍r‍e‍a‍s‍e‍m‍o‍n‍k‍e‍y/V‍i‍o‍l‍e‍n‍t‍m‍o‍n‍k‍e‍y u‍s‍e‍r‍s‍c‍r‍i‍p‍t‍s u‍s‍u‍a‍l‍l‍y w‍o‍r‍k o‍n a‍l‍l b‍r‍o‍w‍s‍e‍r‍s t‍h‍e s‍a‍m‍e.

I h‍a‍v‍e a t‍h‍e‍o‍r‍y...
    M‍y s‍c‍r‍i‍p‍t w‍o‍r‍k‍s b‍y t‍a‍k‍i‍n‍g t‍h‍e 3‍r‍d c‍h‍i‍l‍d o‍f e‍a‍c‍h e‍l‍e‍m‍e‍n‍t w‍i‍t‍h c‍l‍a‍s‍s 'p‍o‍s‍t‍p‍r‍o‍f‍i‍l‍e'. I‍n m‍y t‍e‍s‍t‍i‍n‍g, t‍h‍e‍r‍e i‍s a‍l‍w‍a‍y‍s e‍x‍a‍c‍t‍l‍y o‍n‍e p‍o‍s‍t‍p‍r‍o‍f‍i‍l‍e p‍e‍r p‍a‍g‍e, a‍n‍d t‍h‍e 3‍r‍d c‍h‍i‍l‍d i‍s a‍l‍w‍a‍y‍s a 'd‍d' n‍o‍d‍e c‍o‍n‍t‍a‍i‍n‍i‍n‍g "&n‍b‍s‍p;" o‍r a t‍i‍t‍l‍e l‍i‍k‍e S‍B‍N's "S‍a‍v‍e‍d". M‍y s‍c‍r‍i‍p‍t i‍n‍s‍e‍r‍t‍s t‍h‍e v‍e‍r‍s‍e-l‍i‍n‍e a‍n‍d a "<b‍r />" a‍n‍d a‍s‍s‍i‍g‍n‍s t‍h‍e r‍e‍s‍u‍l‍t t‍o t‍h‍e i‍n‍n‍e‍r‍H‍T‍M‍L o‍f t‍h‍a‍t 'd‍d' n‍o‍d‍e.
    M‍y t‍h‍e‍o‍r‍y i‍s t‍h‍a‍t C‍h‍r‍o‍m‍e a‍n‍d F‍i‍r‍e‍f‍o‍x b‍u‍i‍l‍t t‍h‍e D‍O‍M d‍i‍f‍f‍e‍r‍e‍n‍t‍y t‍h‍a‍n O‍p‍e‍r‍a. I c‍a‍n t‍e‍s‍t t‍h‍a‍t, I h‍a‍v‍e a f‍a‍i‍r‍l‍y n‍e‍w O‍p‍e‍r‍a, b‍u‍t I'l‍l n‍e‍e‍d t‍o f‍i‍n‍d t‍h‍i‍s V‍i‍o‍l‍e‍n‍t‍m‍o‍n‍k‍e‍y a‍n‍d i‍n‍s‍t‍a‍l‍l i‍t. T‍h‍e‍n t‍e‍s‍t, a‍n‍d p‍o‍s‍s‍i‍b‍l‍y u‍p‍d‍a‍t‍e m‍y O‍p‍e‍r‍a a‍n‍d r‍e‍i‍n‍s‍t‍a‍l‍l/t‍e‍s‍t.
    C‍a‍n a‍n‍y‍o‍n‍e h‍e‍l‍p m‍e? I a‍m n‍o‍t f‍a‍m‍i‍l‍i‍a‍r w‍i‍t‍h a‍n‍y b‍r‍o‍w‍s‍e‍r e‍x‍c‍e‍p‍t C‍h‍r‍o‍m‍e.

anfurny

Postby anfurny » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 pm UTC

Time is no longer on your side.

No, it's not.

Go, read the rest of the forum.
Privilege Revocation: You are not allowed to refer the xkcdians in first person. The exception to the rule is that-- wait, no, you're the exception to the rule of "don't be a dick". --LE4dGOLEM

anfurny

Postby anfurny » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:00 am UTC

The streetlights are on. You kids can now come on home.
Privilege Revocation: You are not allowed to refer the xkcdians in first person. The exception to the rule is that-- wait, no, you're the exception to the rule of "don't be a dick". --LE4dGOLEM

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:04 am UTC

That's good.

Edit for blitzers: The two posts immediately above this locked and unlocked the OTT respectively. The account "anfurny" is a sockpuppet account used by the moderators. OTTers were locked out of the thread for four hours, during which they posted in the Facebook group, @otters, and in a few otherthreads. Needless to say we found this very endish and unmolpish. So the next couple of newpages might be a bit rough to read. Sorry about that. But as HES mentioned above, it settles down eventually. Wait for it.

Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:04 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 am UTC

So we're back up and running over here but the furious doodling otherthread is now locked, so I'll post what I was just about to post there before it was locked:
SecondTalon wrote:But if you be at a mud party an' everyone's covered in mud an' den you be shoved in to mud... it funny.

I sort of get what you're saying here. Since Cleveland is unaffected by the furious doodling except in quotes, it makes sense that you'd want to do something more to us so that we get a taste of it too. I appreciate that! I just don't think closing our thread sends the right message.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 am UTC

Hooray! Whew, that was difficult!
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

cellocgw

Postby cellocgw » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 am UTC

hmm, okay then what sorta absurd mods going to show up?

Sample test list:

transcendentalism
molpy
quantum religion
Stanley Cup Playoffs
Three new words in Turkish. bath towel border

(or will we be reduced to Hyman Kaplan-esque spellings?)
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:09 am UTC

Your thread was closed for all of four hours, also known as approximately 4% of the duration of mod madness.

We figured you'd probably make it through somehow.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

mscha

Time Revisited - np261

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 am UTC

CUNGRATULATORS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 am UTC

It was an endish thing to do us, anyway.

Aw, now I have this treeish avatar and no reason to use it anymore.

For posterity:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirlAvatarSad.png
BlitzGirlAvatarSad.png (30.31 KiB) Viewed 12621 times

Keywords: BlitzGirl avatar sad locked ott closed end BGUM
redundant225.png
redundant225.png (113.21 KiB) Viewed 12621 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:11 am UTC

Tatiana wrote:Hooray! Whew, dat was difficult!

That was sad, and draining. Probably not the effect the mods were going for, which is a shame.
gmalivuk wrote:you tread was closed for all ah four hours, also known as approximately 4% ah de diwan ah Very Model Of A big man ting General Furious Doodling.

We figured you'd probably mek it tru somehow.

I was expecting it to last a lot longer, so this is a nice surprise. Thanks!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:14 am UTC

My initial reflex was to say "thanks" but like SBN said in the now-locked Madness thread, that's like saying "thanks" to the bully who finally lifts a foot off you after pushing you face-down in a mud puddle "for fun".
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:18 am UTC

I understand how you both feel. I'm just trying to keep things positive and not build up too much animosity with the mods. Image Maybe I'm just naive, but I do believe it wasn't out of malicious intent, just poor judgement. So I'm willing to put aside any hard feelings.

ergman

Don't get Mod at the Mads.

Postby ergman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:18 am UTC

May I invite refugees from other closed threads in here while they're homeless?
It's only fair since we went there when we were down.
though I'm not sure there are others who feel such a void without a particular thread.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:21 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:I do believe it wasn't out ah malicious intent, just poor judgement.

I think that's what happened, too. But I'm still going to call them out on it. :wink:

Edit: We missed a SilentONG so I'm going to sneak it in this post for those reading the OTT chronologically.

Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:34 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:23 am UTC

Oh.

Well that's a seaish relief.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:25 am UTC

ergman wrote:May I invite refugees from udder closed tread dem in here while dey're homeless?
it only fair since we went deh when we were down.
dough Me be no sure deh be udders who feel such a void widdout a particular tread.

Well I suppose it would be fair, but as you say, I don't know of another thread where they'd be made "homeless" if it closed... or whether they'd really want to join us :P
BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:I do believe it wasn't out ah malicious intent, just poor judgement.

I tink dat's wa happened, too. But Me be still a go a call dem out pon it. :wink:

And good for you too! Someone's got to do it instead of being a pushover like me :P

Now, let's get this raftcastle back on course. What ONGs/UNGs have we missed?
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:28 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Density

I've actually posted in 385 threads total!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:27 am UTC

Fun fact: for many yips before Time (heresy!) I've sung a version of Boom de Yada which goes "oom banana". So Doom Banana seems almost normal to me :P
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ronaldkr

Postby ronaldkr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:27 am UTC

W℮ll, w℮ wer℮ oņ th℮ b℮st way nōt tō overtake th℮ "Unhatched fishes ..." thr℮ad, buţ th℮ mōd's "Announcement" thr℮ad. Beep!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0804

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:30 am UTC

TOUSONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:33 am UTC

Awesomeful, ED! :D Doom ba Nana, doom ba Nana...

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

I tink dat's wa happened, too. But Me be still a go a call dem out pon it. :wink:

an' jammin for you too! Someone's got a do it instead ah a be a pushover like me :P

Nah, you're not a pushover. :) I've just been through a couple more pre-Time Madnesses, and in the past the mods' jokes have been actually funny instead of sadness-inducing.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:37 am UTC

ronaldkr wrote:

W℮ll, w℮ wer℮ oņ th℮ b℮st way nōt tō overtake th℮ "Unhatched fishes ..." thr℮ad, buţ th℮ mōd's "Announcement" thr℮ad. Beep!
You do know wordfilters don't apply to this thread, right?

(Which is the reason something else happened here instead.)
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”