1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Hm, be deh a way for ahbe to somehow blame past-HES for all ah dis? Image

I deny everything.

No, wait, I denied everything. Tenses.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 am UTC

That was the most raptorcattish newpage in a while. Image
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

macraw83

Re: Baiter.

Postby macraw83 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:it kinda ironic dat Cleveland, Ohio as it be was largely created by last yip's Furious Doodling.
de student has surpassed de master.
macraw83 wrote:
Valarya wrote:Oh. Hey. You guys started spoilering you Doodle post dem. tank Randall. Image

Well, technically, I spoilered de non-Doodle translations ah mine. Maybe I should go Bach an' switch dem...

Would you mind updating you sig?
(Actually, de bit about Cleveland, Ohio closing down in you sig was somewhat distressing during me ketchup, as it seemed definitively final.)

Sorry... I felt it would be helpful to those who didn't already know about the FB group, just in case it dragged on longer than the 5 hours it actually did.

Since the mustard is now fixed I have removed it.

yappobiscuits wrote:Here's someting positive dat I hope goin come out ah dis - it should give Jose some interesting AotC material!

I have never been disappointed by an AotC, but this one should be spectacular.

AluisioASG wrote:de next Facebook report goin be HUGE.

Meanwhile, in o t t e r s @:

[snip]

What is "otters@"?

BlitzGirl wrote:dat was de most raptorcattish newpage in a while. Image

Wow, yeah, you're telling me... I had to hit submit 4 times before it would let me post (partially because I added a couple along the way)
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:05 am UTC

Spoilered because this is more on Madness.
Spoiler:
gmalivuk wrote:
Tova wrote:
lanicita wrote:Bullying means someone wid power does someting repeatedly to hurt a target.

I respectfully disagree.

bully (n): a person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate dem who be weaker.

kyan't find any mention ah 'repeatedly' deh.

http://www.stopbullying.gov/what-is-bul ... efinition/
Yes, speaking as a person who works in schools, bullying has been defined pretty specifically as a repeated act. Either way, my actual point was that bullying worries people because they expect it to happen again but they don't know when. This event is happening at a specific time of year when you were already warned that things would be weird (if you read the announcements on the top of the fora, which you should if you participate here). And it was not done to harm or intimidate anyone. So you don't need to worry about it. If someone was actually harmed by this, then by all means bring it up and you'll probably get an apology. But if the only negative outcome was frustration or confusion which is now completely alleviated, then there really wasn't any harm done.

I am a super compassionate person and I really, truly understand why it would be upsetting for a little while for this thread to be locked. But I have just as much compassion for y'all as I do for the hardworking moderators who make this forum function on a volunteer basis, who should not be made to feel bad because they did a silly non-harmful thing during their one chance a year to have fun with their mod powers. If you want to keep using the forum that other people maintain in their free time, you need to deal with what happens here.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

BytEfLUSh

Postby BytEfLUSh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:05 am UTC

Wasn't there a multiquote thing before?

BlitzGirl wrote:Hi BytEfLUSh! Image

'ello! I still lurk around sometimes, but now I realize I haven't posted for a loooong time. :D

AluisioASG wrote:BytEfLUSh!
If I called me ISP me nuh tink I'd get a decent answer for anyting.

I worked as a tech support at a regional ISP. Every insane support story you have read is true. Times a million. Most often, people call when they forgot their Facebook password. And they registered with gmail. :) However, yeah, it's frustrating on either end.
EDIT: Though, if you haven't called GoDaddy yet, do it. I think that's the definition of hell. :D

And nice to see you too, nice to read all of yer posts again, my OTTers. :D
Last edited by BytEfLUSh on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

-- Professor Dan, The Man from Earth (paraphrased)

ergman

Postby ergman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:07 am UTC

a cupcakecake for Val:

how do I figure out which UNG to post? because its that time.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

mscha

Time Revisited - np263

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 am UTC

UNGIOSPERM...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:10 am UTC

ergman wrote:How I figure out which UNG to post? because it dat time.

Oldpixbot ninja'd you this Time, but you can go to mrob's live replay site and the current UNG will be live (you can also click the "Live" button to make sure it's the right one). There's a link right under the newpix to mscha's viewer for that frame.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:12 am UTC

ergman wrote:a cupcakecake for Val:

How I figure out which UNG to post? because it dat time.

Hmm... that's a bit tough. You had two options, though. The first would be to just go to the last one posted, and add the number of newpix that have passed since then. The second would be the choice you actually made, and that was to allow oldpixbot to post it for you.

OR, as you have seen from BlitzGirl's masterful ninjaing, you could use mrob's replay site. Dunno why I didn't think about that as well.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:18 am UTC

I propose that the OTT's lockdown period be known as the Sadness (for the rhyme, and also because it's too endish to associate with Silent-ness).
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:20 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Tova wrote:
lanicita wrote:Bullying means someone wid power does someting repeatedly to hurt a target.
Bullying means someone with power does something repeatedly to hurt a target.

I respectfully disagree.

bully (n): a person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate dem who be weaker.

I respectfully disagree.

bully (n): a person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

Can't find any mention of 'repeatedly' there.

From that link, "Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more than once or have the potential to happen more than once."
It certainly has the potential to happen more than once. The mods hold the power, and they have said, more than once, that complaining will result in further madness. So, Mods, you are, in fact, bullies. We're here, we like it here, we're probably not going to leave just because of the madness, but I'm going to call it what it is, sanctioned bullying. Maybe it started as a fun break from routine, but that line was crossed. And yes, it took being the target for me to fully recognize it for what it is, and I regret that.

Thank you for the work you do. I mean that sincerely. However, I fail to see how a week of bullying should be the price for it.

Molpy down.

Edited to de-Madness
Last edited by SBN on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:28 am UTC

SBN wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:
Tova wrote:

I respectfully disagree.

From dat link, "Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more dan once or have de potential to happen more dan once."
It certainly has de potential to happen more dan once. de Mod dem hold de power, an' dey have said, more dan once, dat complaining goin result in further Furious Doodling. So, Mod dem, you be, in fact, bullies. ahbe here, we like it here, ahbe probably no a go a leave just because ah de Furious Doodling, but Me be a go a call it wa it be, sanctioned bullying. Maybe it started as a fun break from routine, but dat line was crossed. an' yes, it took a be de target for me to fully recognize it for wa it be, an' I regret dat.

tank you for de wuk you do. I mean dat sincerely. However, I fail a see how a hemifortnight ah bullying should be de price for it.

Molpy down.
Seeing as y'all called us bullies for last year's Madness, which eventually had no effect whatsoever on new Time posts and never involved locking the thread, I'mma go ahead and not be particularly bothered by your analysis of this year's Madness as bullying.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:30 am UTC

The doodlers are seaish in this way:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:31 am UTC

Future edit: Note to Blitzers - you should probably skip this one. It's particularly unmolpish.

Spoilered madness/sadness talk:
Spoiler:

Oh, yeah, sure, because that was a clear warning that we were sure to understand :roll:
gmalivuk wrote:http://www.stopbullying.gov/what-is-bullying/definition/

Oh this is just getting ridiculous. You guys could apologise for causing us distress. Admit you made a mistake. But nooo, instead you get all pendantic and try to disprove the accusations of bullying by linking to technical definitions. We get it, it wasn't your intention to hurt us, but that's no excuse not to at least apologise. Because you DID hurt us, never mind the technical definition of "bullying". (I've quoted gmalivuk but I'm speaking to all the mods here. I haven't seen a single hint of remorse. Only explanations trying to make it look like we're wrong to be upset :roll: )

Sorry for continuing the negativity, everyone. But it really bothers me that they don't seem remotely sorry.

While writing this, this post appeared:
lanicita wrote:Yes, speaking as a person who works in schools, bullying has been defined pretty specifically as a repeated act. Either way, me actual point was dat bullying worries people dem because dey expect it to happen again but dey don't know when. dis event be happening at a specific time ah year when you were already warned dat ting dem would be weird (if you read de announcements pon de top ah forum dem, which you should if you participate here). an' it was no done to harm or intimidate anyone. So you don't need to worry about it. If someone was actually harmed by dis, den by all means walk wid it up an' you'll probably get an apology. But if de only negative outcome was frustration or confusion which be now completely alleviated, den deh really wasn't any harm done.

I be a bwiyan compassionate person an' I really, truly zeemi why it would be upsetting for a little while for dis tread a be unleashed. But I have just so much compassion for y'all as I do for de hardworking moderators who mek dis forum function pon a volunteer basis, who should no be made a feel bad because dey did a silly non-harmful ting during dey one chance a year a have fun wid dey Very Model Of A big man ting General powers. If you wan to keep a use de forum dat udder people dem maintain in dey free time, you need to deal wid wa happens here.

Well, that's the closest to an apology we've had yet, though hardly. Again you're trying to make it look like we're wrong for being upset. Maybe not all of us were upset, I dunno, I don't speak for everyone. But I was, at the very least. And I'd make a guess that others were too, based on what's been said. Flicking back through the past couple pages, words that have been used to describe the incident: Sad. Draining. Distressing. Angry. This is more than just frustration and confusion. Speaking for myself, I'd just had a wonderful day, and was looking forward to ending the day with a quick ketchup in the OTT, but instead this happened, and it put a huge downer on my day, and despite things being explained and put right, I still feel drained and upset. I'd be asleep now, were it not for whole thing getting me too distressed. Can you imagine how I'd feel if I'd just had a bad day? I think the right thing to do would've been to apologise anyway, but if you must have "proof" before you apologise, well, I hope that's good enough for you.

I fully appreciate the work the mods do and understand that they deserve their time of fun. But using their hard work as an excuse for making that fun be at the expense of another group's happiness is NOT ok. Sure, the mods do a great job maintaining these forums and we do appreciate that, even though their presence is not often felt here... but even though the madness is supposed to be a time for "getting back at the users", I don't think you can call it even as I doubt we OTTers have ever caused the mods emotional distress. If we have, unknowingly, then I apologise deeply.
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

addams

Postby addams » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:33 am UTC

Time!!
!Look What You Have Done!!

They needed a victim.
A ScapeGoat, as it were.

I call, "Tyranny of The Masses!"
You got Your Thread unlocked.

They killed an OTTer Thread, instead.
Don't you feel bad, Time Thread?

Don't you feel bad?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:36 am UTC

I do feel sorry for the fluffy turtlemolps, insofar as they are unable to access their aggregate of random observations.

You'll note that there been hasn't anybody on other threads bemoaning the fact that that thread was locked, and it's been an hour and a half. I think you're the first one to say something, addams.

It illustrates the difference between that thread and this one - we particularly care about this single thread.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:40 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Needless bragging

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:38 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I propose dat Cleveland, Ohio's lockdown period be known as de Sadness (for de rhyme, an' also because it too endish to associate wid Silent-ness).

Okay, fix'd.
BlitzGirl wrote:I do feel sorry for de fluffy turtlemolps, insofar as dey be unable to access dey aggregate ah random observations.
Back in my university days, one of the bonus assignments for extra marks was writing a C program for a 'turtle detector'. I earned more marks than we were told was possible to earn on that one :D :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:41 am UTC

And now, taking a cue from ergman in the FB group:

Image... Don't Worry; Feed Squirpys ...Image
(to the tune of Don't Worry; Be Happy)

Spoiler:
Here is a little song I wrote
Feel free to make a quote
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.

In every thread we have some trouble
If you start flaming you make it double

Don't worry; feed squirpys!

Those angry words run through your head
Some mods they lock up the Time Thread

A poster throws out some flamebait
Need to coma 'cause it's getting late
(Look at that great squirpy.)
(Here I give you Present Present
When you worry read it
It make you happy)

Can't find a way to load that file
No newpix for a little while
But don't worry. Feed squirpys.

Cause when you worry
You might fall down
And that will crumble castle-town
So don't worry. Feed squirpys.
(Don't worry; feed squirpys now!)

There is this little song I wrote
Feel free to make a quote

Listen to what I type
In every thread we have some trouble
If you start flaming you make it double
Feed squirpys now!

(Don't worry, don't flame it, feed squirpys
Put a smile on your face
Don't light everybody up like this
Don't worry, it'll soon be a pastpost, way back in Time)
Don't worry; feed squirpys.

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 am UTC

I can't help but feel everyone's overreacting a little bit... Image

BG, I thought it was a hamplyball in your TempAvatar. That was a disappointing revelation.

I can't believe Cuegan didn't realise what the grave was. At least they didn't build a rockcastle out of it.
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

https://xkcd.com/776/

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 am UTC

Taking a cue (heh) from BlitzGirl:
Spoiler:
don't worry.png
https://xkcd.com/776/
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:51 am UTC

Chapter 37

And so it was that on the way home from the Stations of the Ong, the clerecy lost their way. Perhaps it was the wine, or the molpyberries were a bit strong this season. Perhaps it was 503 mustard, or mustard with an even scarier number to it. Perhaps the rumors of the Ghosts of October were true. But however it was, when they came to, there was no Cathedral. There was no Monastery. There was no Grotto.

It was madness! They could see it in front of them, but their hand passed right through it. They could enter, but they couldn't be inside. Where they were just wasn't really there anymore.
Spoiler:
Great was the wailing and the gnashing of teeth, but it was to no avail. The apparition that was the world was now just an apparition. They cried out to the Saints and Angels to help them in their despair, but all they heard was mockery.

The raft people, upon seeing this panic in the clerecy, tried to comfort them, but their own hands passed through those they would comfort. And then the clerecy realized that they could pass right through each other, as if they didn't even exist.

"Wait a minute", asked the fourth cleric. "What about the balthasar_s expedition? How will they ever get back?". This question led to general panic and pandemonium.

"Have we saved the Church in vain?" cried out the seventh herald. BlitzGirl heard this heresy and immediately pelted him with stale chocolate, but it passed right through the herald. A look of horror crossed their faces, as their world faded before their eyes.

The Pope had left the party early to take a walk, so was unaware of anything unusual, but when he returned, he found the clerecy huddled on the grass sobbing. Four of the clerics ran up to him and described what they were seeing.

"Aahhh... ye of little faith!", exclaimed the Pope. That got their attention; the clerecy had always prided itself on its faith. After all, wasn't the First and Greatest Commandment one that required the utmost in faith? The Pope walked a little ways up the hill, and turned to the quivering mass that his clerecy had so raptorly become.

In a quiet voice, but one whose clarity belied its softness, the Pope spoke:

"Draw near, all ye molpies, for we are but droplets in the spray of the sea... the wind blows, a wave breaks, and the mist rises into the air. The sea knows that it will reclaim its droplets, but the droplets no longer know the sea, and they are afraid. The wind above is fierce, and cold, and hodor. But the wind is no match for the sea, which is big and does what it wants. And the Great Lord Randall, who in his Great Molpishness created the sea, that we dwell in it and be happy, shall not let us flounder. Every droplet shall return to the sea, and the sea will be there to receive us all. He will not let us be cast away, but rather, He will nourish us for a thousand lifetimes, yea even beyond the End of Time.

"And for this He demands nothing, but even so, we owe Him our True Faith and Dedication. If it is His will that while we dwell here amidst his Glory, that through his Angels and Archangels we glimpse for a moment the inside of the Blue Cave, then so be it. It is His will, and it is our humble pleasure to be part of It. We must not lose faith, for it is that faith that brought about the Great Miracle at Gibraltar.

"But remember that all the Faith of the Clerecy could not by itself save them; they needed also the Great Faith of the Raft People. Likewise, our own faith is demanded on occasion; we must not let Him down, for He will never let us down."

And just as he was saying this, the visions ceased to be mirage, but were made once again incarnate. They were home. In fact, they had never left. A cheer of wonderment rose up, so great that its sound would reach the other side of the sea. When in the course of time the cheering subsided, the Pope concluded his prayer: "In the name of the One True Author, in observance of the One True Comic, in the service of the One True Thread."

The clerecy, overjoyed, gave a resounding "Amen", and began to disperse and be molpish again. As the Pope turned to go, Neil_Boekend floated by. "You know", he said, "That's how it is for me all the time." The Pope was enlightened. He hoped the clerecy would be too.
<-- previous (NP 1824) | table of contents | (NP 1971) --> next)

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:42 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:57 am UTC

Thanks Jose, that was much needed! :)

And taking a cue from BlitzGirl posting songs (by the way, that song fits perfectly in furious doodling speak!), here's one I wrote just now!

OTTer Nation
I'm sure most of you will know this one, but just in case...
Spoiler:
They can try to close us d-down (Talkin' 'bout our OTTer Nation)
Just cause we don't get around (Talkin' 'bout our OTTer Nation)
Things they do look awful c-cold (Talkin' 'bout our OTTer Nation)
But we'll pull through all brave and bold (Talkin' 'bout our OTTer Nation)

This is our OTTer Nation!
This is our OTTer Nation, baby!

We won't ever fffade away (Molpin' 'bout in OTTer Nation)
Just cause you don't dig what we all s-say (Molpin' 'bout in OTTer Nation)
We're not trying to cause a big s-sensation (Molpin' 'bout in OTTer Nation)
We're just molpin' 'bout in O-OTTer Nation! (Molpin' 'bout in OTTer Nation)

This is our OTTer Nation!
This is our OTTer Nation, molpy!

Our, our, our, OTTer Nation…

This is our OTTer Nation! (Talkin' 'bout our OTTer Nation)
This is Cleveland, Ohio! (Molpin' 'bout in OTTer Nation)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:57 am UTC

Waitfulish, Jose! Image
And wowterful, yappo! Love the ending.

Here's a RELATED Drawception hotdog that turned out molpishly:
Spoiler:

(Blitz game, one minute per drawing.)

Game link
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:01 am UTC

@Byteflush: Welcome back!!! :D
@ergman: screeeee. that cupcakecake is seaish. :mrgreen:
@yappobiscuits: Please. Please just let it go. You're making something closely akin to first-flame and that's Heretical.

HES wrote:I can't help but feel everyone's overreacting a little bit... Image

Retro-edit to quote:
lanicita wrote:And while I think it's partially the fault of the mods who misread the situation and decided to lock this thread, I think it is also the fault of the people in this thread for not paying attention to forum-wide announcements, and generally acting as though you are not part of these fora and not privy to the rules here. Including our rule about not complaining about madness so that the mods can enjoy themselves for a couple of days.
Last edited by Valarya on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:05 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

apricity
almost grown-up but not quite

Postby apricity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:02 am UTC

Spoiler:
yappobiscuits wrote:
lanicita wrote:Yes, speaking as a person who works in schools, bullying has been defined pretty specifically as a repeated act. Either way, me actual point was dat bullying worries people dem dem because dey expect it to happen again but dey don't know when. dis event be happening at a specific time ah year when you were already warned dat ting dem would be weird (if you read de announcements pon de top ah forum dem, which you should if you participate here). an' it was no done to harm or intimidate anyone. So you don't need to worry about it. If someone was actually harmed by dis, den by all means walk wid it up an' you'll probably get an apology. But if de only negative outcome was frustration or confusion which be now completely alleviated, den deh really wasn't any harm done.

I be a bwiyan compassionate person an' I really, truly zeemi why it would be upsetting for a little while for dis tread a be unleashed. But I have just so much compassion for y'all as I do for de hardworking moderators who mek dis forum function pon a volunteer basis, who should no be made a feel bad because dey did a silly non-harmful ting during dey one chance a year a have fun wid dey Very Model ah A big man ting General powers. If you wan to keep a use de forum dat udder people dem dem maintain in dey free time, you need to deal wid wa happens here.

Well, dat's de closest to an apology we've had yet, dough hardly. Again you're a try to mek it look like we're wrong for a be upset. Maybe no all ah ahbe were upset, I dunno, I don't speak for everyone. But I was, at de very fewerest. an' I'd mek a guess dat udders were too, based pon wa's been said. Flicking Bach tru de past couple pages, word dem dat done be used to describe de incident: Sad. Draining. Distressing. vex. dis be more dan just frustration an' confusion. Speaking for myself, I'd just had a bwiyan day, an' was a look forward to ending de day wid a quick ketchup in Cleveland, Ohio, but instead dis happened, an' it put a huge downer pon me day, an' despite ting dem a be explained an' put right, I still feel drained an' upset. I'd be asleep now, were it no for whole ting a get me too distressed. kyan you imagine how I'd feel if I'd just had a bad day? I tink de right ting a do would've been to apologise anyway, but if you must have "proof" before you apologise, well, I hope dat's jammin enough for you.

I fully appreciate de wuk de Mod dem do an' zeemi dat dey deserve dey time ah fun. But a use dey hard wuk as an excuse for a mek dat fun be at de expense ah anudder group's happiness be no ok. Sure, de Mod dem do a great job maintaining dese forums an' we do appreciate dat, even dough dey presence be no often felt here... but even dough de Furious Doodling be supposed a be a time for "a get Bach at de users", I don't tink you kyan call it even as I doubt we Clevelandites have ever caused de Mod dem emotional distress. If we have, unknowingly, den I apologise deeply.

I am sorry that you were upset. To be clear, I am not apologizing for what was actually done, because I didn't lock the thread and I can't speak for the mod who did it. But I am sorry that it made you feel bad.

As for causing the mods emotional distress... I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it is upsetting that this event, which was supposed to be harmless and silly, has become something that I feel needs damage-control. And while I think it's partially the fault of the mods who misread the situation and decided to lock this thread, I think it is also the fault of the people in this thread for not paying attention to forum-wide announcements, and generally acting as though you are not part of these fora and not privy to the rules here. Including our rule about not complaining about madness so that the mods can enjoy themselves for a couple of days.
LE4d wrote:have you considered becoming an electron

it takes just a little practice to learn to be
(she/her/hers)

Eternal Density

Let's be molpish!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:07 am UTC

Ironically, Redundancy which was instituted to allow for quoting of uploaded images was not redundant enough :P

Spoiler:

mscha

Time Revisited - np264

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:10 am UTC

SUNGUINITY...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Re: Time Revisited - np264

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:12 am UTC

mscha wrote:SUNGUINITY...

Is that a teddybear?

ENHANCE
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:15 am UTC

Re: lanicita and Sadness
Spoiler:
lanicita wrote:it is also the fault of the people in this thread for not paying attention to forum-wide announcements

Oh, we paid attention. We paid attention all over that thread. :wink: But for many posters here it is only their first or maybe second Madness, so 1) they aren't going to pick up on references to past Madnesses and "the rules" and 2) all they know about it is what has been done this year. And this year, as you say, it's become something worthy of damage-control.

I do appreciate you coming in and talking to us, though.

HES wrote:
mscha wrote:SUNGUINITY...
be dat a teddybear?

Holy chirp. Can't unsee. Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 am UTC

Valarya wrote:@yappobiscuits: Please. Please just let it go. you be a mek someting closely akin to first-flame an' dat's Heretical.

Sorry. I did spoiler it as I didn't want to stir too much. I just had to vent.

I'm just going to reply to lanicita one more time, so I have closure, then I promise, that's it.
Spoiler:
lanicita wrote:I be sorry dat you were upset. a be clear, I be no apologizing for wa was actually done, because I didn't lock de tread an' I kyan't speak for de Very Model Of A big man ting General who did it. But I be sorry dat it made you feel bad.

As for causing de Mod dem emotional distress... I kyan't speak for anyone else, but for me it be upsetting dat dis event, which was supposed a be harmless an' silly, has become someting dat I feel needs damage-control. an' while I tink it's partially de fault ah de Mod dem who misread de situation an' decided to lock dis tread, I tink it be also de fault ah de people dem in dis tread for no paying attention to forum-wide announcements, an' generally acting as dough you be no part ah dese fora an' no privy to de rules here. Including our rule about no complaining about Furious Doodling so dat de Mod dem kyan enjoy themselves for a couple ah days.

Well, thank you. That's all I was hoping for and now I'll do my best to put this aside.

And I hope I speak for everyone when I say that part of what we try to do here in the OTT is avoid upsetting anyone else around the fora, particularly the mods. We do try our best to pay attention to the rules, and I'm sorry if we've made it look as if we don't. If we broke the rule about not complaining, it's only because we genuinely were so bothered about it that we felt it necessary to speak up. It's a shame that sadness on one side causes sadness on the other, but that's just the way it usually goes. I think, no matter what the rules are, speaking up if you're genuinely upset is the right thing to do. It's not because we feel in any way exempt to the rules, I assure you. And I truly am sorry if we've made it look that way. Once again I really do appreciate you taking the time to speak to us openly.

This will, as I said, be my last post on this matter.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:23 am UTC

AvoidONG tragedy

The frame before in case you missed it.
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG

It's free, so why not?

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 am UTC

For the folks who were on the Facebook post: did we settle on The One False Thread vs. The Two True Thread vs. The Second True Thread vs. The OTTher True Thread?
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:29 am UTC

That would imply we have standards.

I could have worded that better.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:31 am UTC

I also have a feeling that we've had this discussion before on the OTT, but I can't seem to find the right words to search for it.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Tatiana

Re: it free, so why no?

Postby Tatiana » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:33 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:For de folks who were pon de Facebook post: did we settle pon de One False tread vs. de Two True tread vs. de Second True tread vs. de OTTher True tread?

Definitely The OTTher True Thread, or the OTTTT.
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

yappobiscuits

Re: it free, so why no?

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:33 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:For de folks who were pon de Facebook post: did we settle pon de One False tread vs. de Two True tread vs. de Second True tread vs. de OTTher True tread?

Hmm... well, it's not like we need it urgently any more, but it's still interesting to think about... It wouldn't be a false thread, surely! But any of the others are molpish... I do think it shouldn't be held in equal regard with this thread, as this is the One True Thread that contains the actual time of Time, wheras the other one would be post-Time... Hmm, is there any way we could have LOTS of names? Like how the hotdog has a different name every time? That way we avoid standards! :mrgreen:

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:38 am UTC

Wheee, I suspect myself of posting now just because I can!

But, loath as I am to disagree with yappo, it's clear to me, at least, that the OTTher True Thread (the OTTTT) is clearly the best name on various levels.

And I meant to say great new ottifications to BlitzGirl and yappo both! Steakish, steakish!
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

BlitzGirl

Or a VHF song.

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:39 am UTC

I also liked Zanclean Contingency for an emergency thread name. Image
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

It's just OTT to me

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:39 am UTC

Or just the "Oh-Tee-Tee", kinda like how the British Airports Authority became just BAA. And no longer exists. Maybe that's a bad example.

BlitzGirl wrote:I also liked Zanclean Contingency for an emergency tread name. Image

And a Vital Hotdog Function song
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:41 am UTC

M*stard, my title-edit was ninja'd. ImageImage
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image