1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Time Revisited - np1364

Postby mscha » Thu May 15, 2014 11:10 pm UTC

FUNGOS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Yay, Popebot! Bow for your robot overlord! Image Decree: ensure that every oldpix is UNGed, with optional OTTification or colorization. Also, check for previously undetected molpies.

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THAT'S NOT A GOAT; THIS IS A GOAT

-- posted by oldpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri May 16, 2014 12:19 am UTC

FOLLOWUNGTHEDECREE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Fri May 16, 2014 12:20 am UTC

azule wrote:EditG: Gingercat, please view spoiler:
Spoiler:

EditP: Please post this into the Future, where, surprisingly, this does not exist.

Lions and tigers and Gingercats, oh my! I now retroactively exist in the past that never had me! This conversation is proof!!

This was sent from the future into a point in the past which was still in my own, personal-frame-reference future, until it became my own present and subsequent past.

I'm extra-delighted by the fact that even this creative editing of the Timestream (previously known to me as "the Thread") causes more problems: This future-past-present-past message is entirely dependent on one's reference timeframe (heh) and will likely be in someone else's future until it becomes THEIR present and subsequent past. How many pasts, presents and futures does it need to exist in simultaneously before it collapses into a singularity, and a Time-distant traveller/observer has cause to say "It's Time, Jim, but not as we know it"?

My own journey continues within my temporal container...
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1080

Postby mscha » Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 am UTC

KHONGA...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 16, 2014 12:50 am UTC

My 13-year old daughter walks in to the room staring at her phone.

Her: Mom! There's a new game I have to tell you about... I can't stop playing it and it's so awesome!
Me: Oh yeah? What is it?
Her: C**kie Clicker

GLR be damned, it has spread to the kids. I think the look on my face made her laugh, especially when I started muttering something about Randall and heretical games.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri May 16, 2014 1:05 am UTC

for pope:

colorization forthcoming is here:
Valarya wrote:My 13-year old daughter walks in to the room staring at her phone.

Her: Mom! There's a new game I have to tell you about... I can't stop playing it and it's so awesome!
Me: Oh yeah? What is it?

GLR be damned, it has spread to the kids. I think the look on my face made her laugh, especially when I started muttering something about Randall and heretical games.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Did you edit in all those dots? Am I going insane? why are those there!

RSIR:
Spoiler:
wg.png
the file name? don't ask
Last edited by ergman on Fri May 16, 2014 1:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Eternal Density

OH GLR HOW DID HES GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH RABTORS

Postby Eternal Density » Fri May 16, 2014 1:09 am UTC

Valarya wrote:My 13-year old daughter walks in to the room staring at her phone.

2013 called. It wants its hotdog back.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 16, 2014 1:15 am UTC

ergman wrote:Did you edit in all those dots? Am I going insane? why are those there!

I did it just to m*stard you up a bit. (But for real, they're for dramatic pauses.)
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Eternal Density

BETTER NINJA MY OWN FACEBUG

Postby Eternal Density » Fri May 16, 2014 1:39 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
ergman wrote:Did you edit in all those dots? Am I going insane? why are those there!

I did it just to m*stard you up a bit. (But for real, they're for dramatic pauses.)
Dramatic chipmunkses have dramatic pawses.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

HES

Postby HES » Fri May 16, 2014 1:48 am UTC

Val, you need to sit her down and talk about these things. Especially at her age.
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

PASTPOST IS THE NEW ORGANISED SAND

Postby Eternal Density » Fri May 16, 2014 1:53 am UTC

HES wrote:Val, you need to sit her down and talk about these things. Especially at her age.

Yay my Subject summoned you!

HES

Postby HES » Fri May 16, 2014 1:55 am UTC

ED wrote:OH GLR HOW DID HES GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH RABTORS

He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1367

Postby mscha » Fri May 16, 2014 2:10 am UTC

CACHOLUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WHAT ARE RHINOCEROLPIES? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Fri May 16, 2014 2:17 am UTC

He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri May 16, 2014 2:28 am UTC

Valarya wrote:My 13-year old daughter walks in to the room staring at her phone.[...]

So.... did you tell her?
Is her mom cool or what?
Is she gonna be our newest OTTer?

Oh, Valarya, we missed you so much! Stick around a while!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri May 16, 2014 2:41 am UTC

Ooh, awesomeful widescreen Q04B, mrob27! I know it was mostly for me....so, extra thanks! lol. And yes, balthoutloud, I have a bad habit of ending my thoughts with a l.o.l..... I guess it turns out that I do have a copyable writing style. hah.. embarrassed, must not end this with a lol. (There, see? It's not technicaly a lol ending that sentence, right? Eh... *down*)

Thanks, DrSC. Even better close up too!

BlueCrab wrote:
mscha wrote:MODELONGS...
Spoiler:
My first thought was ‘Wow, Cue's peeing off the cliff - oh no, Megan's right under the stream! Wait, that's one weird urine stream...’
Boys. *rolls eyes* amiright? ;) The rest of what you said: ick! But cool to learn that when I "don't wait for it" it actually goes for more than a mile. hahah! Hmm, are all the sperms in a single file line? lolololol. *red face*

balthasar_s wrote:I think OrbitalFacepalm9001 may not like being called the basement. He(?) left not very long after this started.
Came back some time later, "Hello."
"Our basement is back!"
left again.
You never know, you could be right. I think also that some OTTers are like unto the sands of Time (as opposed to the np and the ONG) and are here and gone like dust in the wind. (That didn't even sound as good as Bill and Ted's Excellent Journey's version.)

BG wrote:Love the ottification, azule!
Thanks. :)
lmjb wrote:And I love the ottification.
Also thanks. :)
ED wrote:Yes, steakish job azule!
Steakish welcome..I mean, thanks.

lmjb wrote:For decree:
BG's wing poem, or ggh's mirage ottification. Or maybe (se, I really do have a hard time making decisions.)
Better than me, I didn't even do my own decree. Now that I think about it, how about Neil's (and other's) "Thus end []", which often don't get comments but are appreciated and cool.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

HES

Postby HES » Fri May 16, 2014 3:59 am UTC

FIDDLUNG

AUTOMOME wrote:DIAL N FOR NEWPIXBOTS

~~ posted by HESpixbot
He/Him/His Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri May 16, 2014 4:00 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:@ ggh I'd like a magnet, although I have no idea what to send back. All my Time related stuff is digital.
I'll probably come up with something though. Hmm, what's your tshirt size? I found me a company that mumble mumble mumble.
I'll send ya the address on PM so it isn't spambottable.
There's definitely no need to send anything back, though I admit I think it would be fun to receive an envelope or two from far-flung places.

DrSamCarter wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:(What happened to the sea meeting anyway?)

I did quite like this idea, using any water that connected to sea, and perhaps on a day rather than at a completely synchronous time. Perhaps for the anniversary of the epilogue sequence (I nearly said something else, but caught it in time)?
Hey, I like it! Once I realized that we were spread out too far in latitudes to all do it during reasonable hours, I kinda gave up. But this could work....

yappobiscuits wrote:
ggh wrote:
Spoiler:
Somemolpy else wrote:
Somemolpy wrote:I haven't gone mad yet. I promise.

Image If you haven't gone mad yet you're doing something wrong.

Ohhh I remember this one. But not who it was. Just that the first person was a revealer the recent and the second was a regular... I'm gonna take a guess and say Link and HES?
Not bad - half right. :)

It was fun seeing my Hallowe'en card being UNGed, and doubly treeish for me because I don't think I knew that that was when the molpy appeared when I put molpy-eyes in it.

MistyCat wrote:In an attempt to remain RELATED, I would like to mention that the current page number is also the date of my birth. Yay me.
Spoiler:
On an unrelated note, (we old people do this, in between lamenting the behaviour and morals of the youth of today and ordering aforementioned from the turfed area between our residences and the sidewalk/footpath), I feel strangely compelled to mention the Time when I was about 6 years old and found that July 14th (my birthday) was a day of national celebration. Being unaware of the world outside New Zealand (the place I am privileged to call my home), I drew the obvious conclusion that the celebration was for me. Arrogant little ch*rper I was.

A thought strikes me. I'll be kind to it, because it's in a strange place.

Hands up everymolpy who didn't know that le quatorze Juliliet was Bastille day.
OK, now, who didn't know that the Bastille is/was a castle? RELATED

Kids nowadays, I don't know, what do they teach them in schools?
Not to stay off my my lawn, that's for sure.

Harrumph.

Happy BirthNP! And I'm ashamed that I didn't know which day Bastille Day was, despite the fact that when I was growing up, every year my brother used to call my folks on their anniversary and wish them "Happy Bastille Day!"

Wow. Hard to imagine drowning in a flood of molasses. must. stop. trying.

AluisioASG wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Oh wait, sorry, that's Abraham Lincoln. […] AFAIK he doesn't do much vampire slaying, at least not in this timeline.

Thank Randall. I went to watch that movie on theaters because the trailer said there was Linkin Park music on it. On the end credits.

ggh wrote:Hint: their post counts are orders of magnitude apart.

BlitzGirl and GingerCat?
Not bad - half right. :)

Don't get me started on trailers - they make me so angry! (In a first-world problems kinda way) I think if something is in a trailer and it's not in the movie, any viewer should be able to get a total refund on the grounds of false advertising - whether of not they liked the movie in the end.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Ggh - are magnets available to the not-so-frequent posters like myself?
Of course!

Ergman - treeish!

And a teeheeheeHES, too! (Would that be THHH or TH3?)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Fri May 16, 2014 4:02 am UTC

cmyk wrote:How can I be so riveted to the Internet equivalent of watching grass grow?

I, at least, am doing the equivalent of watching it grow after having had some Miracle Grow poured on it...

But I understand the sentiment nonetheless.

Will the incoming tide act like a lawnsandmower?

PageNumber = 328 and rising as fast as the water...
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

HES

Postby HES » Fri May 16, 2014 4:07 am UTC

ggh wrote:Don't get me started on trailers - they make me so angry! (In a first-world problems kinda way) I think if something is in a trailer and it's not in the movie, any viewer should be able to get a total refund on the grounds of false advertising - whether of not they liked the movie in the end.

Do they do that? I'm pretty sure that's illegal here. We have the opposite problem - there's no point watching the film, because everything - including plot twists - is in the trailer.

Two half correct guesses? It must be BlitzGirl and Link then! :wink:
He/Him/His Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 am UTC

ASSESSUNG

ETA:
HES wrote:
ggh wrote:Don't get me started on trailers - they make me so angry! (In a first-world problems kinda way) I think if something is in a trailer and it's not in the movie, any viewer should be able to get a total refund on the grounds of false advertising - whether of not they liked the movie in the end.

Do they do that? I'm pretty sure that's illegal here. We have the opposite problem - there's no point watching the film, because everything - including plot twists - is in the trailer.

Two half correct guesses? It must be BlitzGirl and Link then! :wink:

;)

You can make both mistakes at once: remember the Negotiator trailer? Spacey's final line "Now you're going to have to deal with both of us" is a spoiler AND isn't in the film.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1081

Postby mscha » Fri May 16, 2014 4:30 am UTC

TWADDLONGS...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Fri May 16, 2014 4:50 am UTC

M32! is hello?
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1370

Postby mscha » Fri May 16, 2014 5:10 am UTC

MUNGANIC...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HELLO? YES, THIS IS NEWEST BANGS BROTHER

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 16, 2014 6:49 am UTC

Tell the offspring to beware the c**kies, Valarya! Image
Steakish colorization, ergman!
And fun rhinocerolpy manip, HES!

Gingercat wrote:
Eliram wrote:i think, in years to come, new true believers will be required, as part of their training, to read this entire thread.
This will probably take some time, and give some time back.
This ceremonial phase will be called Blitzgirling, and every time they reach a blitzgirl reference they will drink.
And drink they shall.

<snip> ...the idea of taking a drink for every Blitzgirl reference is quite appealing. From my impressions so far, a Time Traveller would start out taking a drink only every so often...

And end up roaringly drunk by the time they hit roughly page 350 (their reading speed is likely to slowed sufficiently to compensate, so further drinks beyond this point will be delayed to non-fatal levels... One would hope).

I forgot about that proposal. :D

HES wrote:M32! is hello?

It appears to be a formal version of both hello and goodbye, so maybe "aloha" would be a better analogue for Image
(Though it seems safe to assume it means "hello" in this instance. I wonder to whom it's being said?)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Sandcastle Builder Version 3.5 - Here be Dragons

Postby waveney » Fri May 16, 2014 7:00 am UTC

Code: Select all

#### Waveney
- Caged logicat single puzzle buy will reapear if no multi buy button shown
- New option to give the minimum number of decimal digits displayed
- Long overdue changes to the top of the ReadMe
- Many bug fixes, tweaks, nerfs and buffs
- Fixed long standing bug that stopped Sand Tools in new games working
- The Fading - New boost from high CDSP (more will follow with higher CDSP)
- Aleph e - Does for Chips/Blocks what Aleph One did for sand and castles
- The Alias for Crouching Dragon, Sleeping Panther is now CDSP not WiseDragon
- Coma Molpy Style now pauses all countdowns
- Lots of behind the sceens dragon stuff, leading to:

- !!! HERE BE DRAGONS !!!

- The Dragon Queen can lay eggs in lined nests, eggs can hatch, need feeding then they fledge
- The Raptorish Dragon Keeping Manual contains a lot of help
- Fledglings need to survive the locals when they are released
- Dragons can then dig for stuff (you might gain the ability to help them, by digging yourself)
- They might find Diamonds...  (And many other types of stuff)
- You can upgrade dragons one level, but not yet all the way
- Redundaknights are nasty dragon hating opponents - you can choose to hide (default, no digging) or fight
- Win or lose a fight you gain experience.  Lose and you may lose dragons.  Win and there will be rewards.
- Note Although the Dragons work with many Infinities, they would work (at lower levels) with only Sand, Castles, Glass Chips and Blocks
- Lots of new Dragon related Boosts (not all of which curently operate)
- Note while you could start making a Diamond Mould Maker, completing is (I think) currently impossble...
- New Pane for the state of the Dragons in the current NP
- Dragon Stats
- New Dragon related Badges (not all of which are currently possible to get)
- Note Export files may be a lot larger when many NPs have dragons
- New Papal Decree for Draconic Experience

You cannot currently:

- Progress beyond the second type of Dragon (DragonNewts)
- Make the Diamond Mould Maker (and the other boosts and monuments that follow)
- Have multiple nests (more maps will enable this in the near future)
- Fledge hatchlings in the minus world (this will be quite a long way ahead)
- Use the Dragon Overview Pane - it will provide a simple visual of where your dragons are.  (Soon)

#### Epsilon
- Several small fixes

That is one VAST update - enjoy!

Note this now has a Boost called Q04B, another called Wait For It, the locals can attack dragons with a Hamply, a Wolfy and worst of all bad puns.

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Re: Sandcastle Builder Version 3.5 - Here be Dragons

Postby Flado » Fri May 16, 2014 7:43 am UTC

waveney wrote:
That is one VAST update - enjoy!

I find that hard to enjoy :cry: The new version spat this at me and all seems lost!!! I've spent so much time in the basement for NOTHING!?

Something went wrong in Molpy.Draw(): TypeError: Molpy.Boosts[print] is undefined

Molpy.DefineBoosts/Molpy.GetBlackprintPages@http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/boosts.js?v=1:4031
Molpy.DefineBoosts/Molpy.BlackprintReport@http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/boosts.js?v=1:4021
Molpy.DefineGUI/Molpy.PaintStats@http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/gui.js?v=1:1515
Molpy.DefineGUI/Molpy.Draw@http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/gui.js?v=1:1453
Molpy.Up/Molpy.Loopist@http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/castle.js?v=1:3298
Molpy.Up/Molpy.Wake@http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/castle.js?v=1:2690
window.onload@http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/castle.js?v=1:3328

My save (for testing):
Spoiler:

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
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri May 16, 2014 7:53 am UTC

<snip dramatic dialogue>

So treeish to see you, Val, but I have to ask--did you warn her? Please, please tell me you warned her away from the evils of...that hotdog. Although, of course, there's that whole reverse psychology thing, so maybe that would have backfired. Actually, if she's 13, knowing that her mom also plays that game might convince her it's not cool, and she'll be saved from its clutches. :)

HES wrote:
ED wrote:OH GLR HOW DID HES GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH RABTORS

Spoiler:

D'aww, but apparently HES is good with rabtors.
And good job finding that rhinomolpy in the UNG. Don't know how we missed that before. :wink:

Treeish colorization, ergman!

Eternal Density wrote:
Valarya wrote:

Dramatic chipmunkses have dramatic pawses.

And dramatic OTTers have dramatic punsaws. download/file.php?id=42487

BlitzGirl wrote:

It appears to be a formal version of both hello and goodbye, so maybe "aloha" would be a better analogue for Image
(Though it seems safe to assume it means "hello" in this instance. I wonder to whom it's being said?)

Well, my thought was that Frizz and Megan had made it to the top, and were letting Cue know they were ready for the next step, whatever that is.

Hey, this might be a silly question, but what's the procedure with the UNGs? I know there are some guidelines for how often oldpixbot should post per page. What about us humans (assuming that's what we are)? Do we post them every longpix, or what?

Wow, looks like waveney's been busy. Lots of crazy stuff in SB. I should update it.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri May 16, 2014 7:55 am UTC

RIVERDUNGCE
riverdungce.gif
riverdungce.gif (6.33 KiB) Viewed 13734 times

ETA:
We can UNG whenever we like, and oldpixbot will UNG at 10 minutes past the hour if 1) that UNG hasn't been UNGed yet, and it's been at least 9 posts since the last time oldpixbot UNGed. I like to UNG all the UNGs when oldpixbot popes. Mrob's site makes it easy to see what newpix we're on, and get the hash. And then, generally I'd link to mscha's site like oldpixbot does.

This time, I didn't do any of it right though because I made a gif to ketchup the newpix we missed an hour ago, and I wasn't sure how to link it because it's two.
Last edited by ggh on Fri May 16, 2014 9:53 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

jimbobmacdoodle

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 16, 2014 8:24 am UTC

New Other Comic is up. This is RELATED somehow I'm sure. Hmmm... let's think - TMI = too much information according to my Google Fu (although it could mean, amongst other things, Three Mile Island). We recently had a brief discussion about certain parts of the human anatomy and related medical procedures here in the OTT. I guess that probably falls under "TMI". Also, the first word is pretty steambottlish :wink:

Wait... the first part of that clearly indicates that Randall is monitoring us here on the OTT and is commenting directly on our going's on here :o

In other thoughts - yay, thanks ggh. I will PM you which one's I'd be interested in at some point later todip (I'm already spending too long at work typing this up...).

Clearly what's going to happen in the SilentONGs is that the wheel-device thing is going to try to be used to rescue BrokenBean. However, it will get snagged on something in the process. Cueganzzle will try to pull it out, but will be pulling so hard that as the wheel-device comes free they fall over, off the edge of the cliff, breaking every bone in their body. They will lie there helplessly until the beesnakes lay eggs in them causing them to die a slow and painful death. Thus ends the SilentONGs.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1082

Postby mscha » Fri May 16, 2014 8:30 am UTC

SPRONGES...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri May 16, 2014 9:55 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:They will lie there helplessly until the beesnakes lay eggs in them causing them to die a slow and painful death. Thus ends the SilentONGs.

Didn't VHF open for Death by Caterpillar back when they were just starting out?

Hmm, we missed another UNG, but Cue's gone for 4 frames. Perhaps it would make sense (if it doesn't offend oldpixbot) to UNG these 4 together as a gif in order to better molpyhunt. Or is that poor waiting-for-it form?
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 16, 2014 10:25 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:New Other Comic is up. This is RELATED somehow I'm sure.

To me it was the title text:

'TMI' he whispered, gazing into the sea.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np1376

Postby mscha » Fri May 16, 2014 11:10 am UTC

PROOFUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:NO, BUNNY, YOU ARE THE C**KIE

-- posted by oldpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri May 16, 2014 11:16 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

It could be like the Southern US, "Hey." It gets used as hello, goodbye and watch out (and other things.)

Life-m*stard level holding steady. (Work-m*stard level expected to be high todip, I've got to run a 5 longpix meeting this evening.)
MSWFP was successfully retrieved. I took middle-sized wolpy with me to the airport, and she leaned on him adoringly all the way home.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:New Other Comic is up. This is RELATED somehow I'm sure.

It's the heretic's view of the OTT, of course.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri May 16, 2014 11:33 am UTC

Ninja'd on the last frame, but leaving it anyways.
UNGdulating grasses:
twitchUNG.gif
twitchUNG.gif (6.04 KiB) Viewed 13360 times

Aw, glad you and MSW got MSWFP back, SBN.
Hmm, seems I should go all the way...:
OMG, :D 4 U & MSW that MSWFP's not AWOL, SBN!

Sorry to hear about the 5-nopix meeting though - that sounds bleak.
Agatha the Awesomeful

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1083

Postby mscha » Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

OVERONGINEERED...
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!
-- posted by newpixbot

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1083

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri May 16, 2014 12:36 pm UTC

mscha wrote:OVERONGINEERED...

It looks like the wheel-device-thing might well be newpixbot. I'll guess we'll just have to...

Spoiler:
Wait for it (I wonder, is that the first time I've actually said that in context?)
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri May 16, 2014 12:45 pm UTC

WATCH THIS! does not sound promising...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

NoMouse

IT'S OVER. CUEGAN IS FINISHED.

Postby NoMouse » Fri May 16, 2014 1:22 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:New Other Comic is up. This is RELATED somehow I'm sure. Hmmm... let's think - TMI = too much information according to my Google Fu (although it could mean, amongst other things, Three Mile Island).

BlitzGirl wrote:To me it was the title text:

'TMI' he whispered, gazing into the sea.

So... 'Three Mile Island', he whispered, gazing into the [blue glowing] sea.
That sounds like RELATED to the SilentONGs.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”