1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Almost there…

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:51 am UTC

OTTer Map Speed Tests

Spoiler:
Summary
No CDN for you.

Details
Everything's been stuffed in the HTML [criteria: HTML load end]
JavaScript and CSS get their own files [criteria: JS load end]
Libraries are fetched from elsewhere [criteria: JS load end]
Tests made through a 56k connection (or so they say).

After the consequences of this are fully weighted, features will come.

Absence

Spoiler:
Reasons:
  1. Exams
  2. Post count milestone
  3. Preparations for World Cup and mid-year recess relocation
List not necessarily in order of priority.

I've got something to begin at my 1800th post, but I can't seem to wake up at the appropriate posting time. Such post is expected to occur either on next Onglessdix or Riverdix, pending exams timeline and relocation (time of day guaranteed by relocation transport schedule).

Decree

Spoiler:
First,

Code: Select all

$ sleep 60  # for DeadBeanie

Now,
Image HAT

It's pronounced CAVE, by the way.

Finally,
Imagine an OTTer-ruled world. Or region. Or island. Or oil rig.
How would it be like? How would life be like?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1178

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:30 am UTC

SUBLONGUAGE...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

NoMouse

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby NoMouse » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 am UTC

SBN wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Language fun, and another puzzle(ish) for the WolpyPope: an English dialect quiz that helps with language research.
It guessed (estimated?) that my English dialect is American Standard (yup), Singaporean (really? Neat!), or South African (huh), and that my native language is English (yup), Dutch (my Tim's family is from Holland, good ear there), or Russian (?).

Also, I don't have photomanip capability, but has anymolpy thought of OTTifying space stuff, for upcoming newpage 1969? (Wistful smiley)

I got American Standard, Singaporean, or Canadian. Native Language English, Russian, or German. Really not sure where the Singaporean comes from, everything else I can at least come up with a plausible explanation.

Interesting quiz, I got English (UK), Scottish (UK) or Welsh (UK) dialect and Finnish, Portuguese or Spanish as native language. None of it is true (although it's fact that UK English is taught at schools here) but at least it's all in Europe. :)

ETA: Oh, look, they have a pun test! Quick, someone call BlitzGirl! :D
(and a report here with top 5 punniest funs and 5 worst puns)
(and here a file that contains 2238(!) puns. I don't think we can get enough punsaws for this :shock: )
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:32 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:(and here a file that contains 2238(!) puns. I don't think we can get enough punsaws for this :shock: )

Some related ones:
Escaped snakes make some people hiss-terical.
Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat says to the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on a head.'.
Why will you never starve at the beach? Because of all of the sand which is there.
News of a coming flood was leaked.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 pm UTC

Gee, it's hard to imagine an OTTer-ruled world - we're not so into structure and organization and standards. But if there was one somehow, the mutual support would be awesomeful.

I got 1. American (Standard) 2. Singaporean 3. Australian
with these guesses for my native language: 1. Dutch 2. English 3. German
Except for the Singaporean and Dutch, I guess that makes sense. I'm not sure how Australian grammar differs from NZ grammar.

It's my birth year page! Yippee for 1968!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time Revisited - np1761

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:10 pm UTC

SWEETUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:ATTACK ITS WEAK POINT FOR AWEFULSOME CAKE

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1179

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

RESENTONGLY...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:25 pm UTC

My results were 1. American (Standard) 2. Singaporean and 3. I forgot.
It guessed my native language as 1. English, 2. Portuguese and 3. German.

Singaporean is of course way off, as is portuguese. But at least it got my native tongue right with the third guess.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:43 pm UTC

That quiz wasn't mobile friendly.

English Welsh Scottish, English Dutch German. Steakish algorithm.
He/Him/His Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:51 pm UTC

I got American standard one before Canadian, so I'm clearly too close to the border for my own good. :P

I imagine anything ruled by OTTers would just be us issuing optional decrees to eachother. 'ruled' might be an exaggeration. Rules are like standards, which are ni ni ni ni etcetestrated.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:54 pm UTC

My results were 1. Singaporean, 2. American (Standard), and 3. Australian.
Although it is mainly British English I learned at school, the results make sense regarding my current linguistical environment, since I live in Australia now, watch mostly American TV shows, and talk a lot to a friend who is from Singapore.

It guessed my native language as 1. Italian, 2. Finnish, and 3. something I forgot, but it was way off and definitely not German.

ETA: Happy 700 posts, ergman!
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1180

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

BIREFRONGENCE...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1180

Postby SBN » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:32 pm UTC

mscha wrote:BIREFRONGENCE...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

Uh-oh, looks like that last rope might be bringing a rock or something down with it.

An OTTer world would be a very creative place.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:14 pm UTC

Todip is the 13th of Awe, or the 1st of June in heretical terms, which means it is the one-yip anniversary of a certain song.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:28 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Todip is the 13th of Awe, or the 1st of June in heretical terms, which means it is the one-yip anniversary of a certain song.
... and what an Awesome song that was!

I got

Our top three guesses for your English dialect:
1. American (Standard)
2. Canadian
3. South African

Our top three guesses for your native (first) language:
1. English
2. Russian
3. Dutch

They are just starting their "native language" thing... my first language was actually Spanish, from my dad, but I learned English alongside from my mom. Spanish predominated until I went to school (I started out mostly in NYC).

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1181

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

SONGUINITY...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Revisited - np1770

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:10 pm UTC

CONSTRUNGE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I, FOR ONE, WELCOME OUR NEW ORGANISED SAND OVERLORDS

-- posted by oldpixbot

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:29 pm UTC

Copernicium112 wrote:Brief consultation of the brain extension reveals that said amoeba takes on average 120 newpix to cause symptoms, although they may appear after only 24. Confusion and hallucinations must be setting in. Of course, who knows what strain lives in the River. Food for thought.

Very nice pun with the "food for thought" there; especially when reversed: "Your thoughts are food".

I'ma add this to the growing list of "Things I wish I didn't know". :)
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:08 am UTC

Just a quick note that
[panic]TIME HAS STOPPED!!![/panic]

once again, for the longest time* ever.

As y'all know, http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time.png redirects to http://c.xkcd.com/redirect/comic/time, which in turn is supposed to redirect to the actual timeframe URL.
For over 24 nonopix and counting, http://c.xkcd.com/redirect/comic/time has been timing out.

*: that is, if you can even measure time when Time has stopped...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1182

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:30 am UTC

WORDMONGERONGS...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

ergman

I'd rather have panic than nothing at all.

Postby ergman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 am UTC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hi mscha, hows it goin?

oh yeah, thanks for the delicious looking strawberry cake, Zoomansp! I want that.

ETA: checked the blag, and there's nothing about time, but check out how cool this is: http://blog.xkcd.com/2014/05/30/isee-3/
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: I'd rather have panic than nothing at all.

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:30 am UTC

ergman wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hi mscha, hows it goin?

oh yeah, thanks for the delicious looking strawberry cake, Zoomansp! I want that.

ETA: checked the blag, and there's nothing about time, but check out how cool this is: http://blog.xkcd.com/2014/05/30/isee-3/

There is a note in the comments there that the Lorenz comic has stopped working. Related?
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:49 am UTC

mscha wrote:Just a quick note that
[panic]TIME HAS STOPPED!!![/panic]

Image Image
Maybe this explains why the OTT seemed so slow the last dips... But it's still dragging on, even with Time coming to a (hopefully only temporary) halt. Yay us!
Let's keep a positive attitude: I postulate that this is the OTC's equivalent of the calm before the storm. Which can only mean one thing: Time II is nigh!
Spoiler:
Not to be confused with Time 2: Electric bagaloo
SBN wrote:There is a note in the comments there that the Lorenz comic has stopped working. Related?

It's ALL related.

Also, I noticed something in the recent SilentONGs: starting here, somethingε black moved from the top of the device Cueganizzle wanted to use to get Bravebeanie out of the cave to the wall of the cave. A snake? A fast-growing root? A radioactive caterpillar? See enhancements:

Before:

After:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
t1i-1178_blue.png

t1i-1179_blue.png
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

ChronosDragon

I SEE WHAT YOU WAITED FOR THERE

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:04 am UTC

Oh no!

Probably just a long server hiccup, I doubt Randall would leave a whole comic page without an image. Who knows - maybe it is in preparation for Time II?

So I'm working on a small TCG for...reasons...and I think I need some discussion with someone who's actually played one. Does anyone here fit that description? PM me if you know anything about Trading Card Games.

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:09 am UTC

I think a coastal island and a riverish region near it would be the perfect size for an OTTer-run world :D There'd be publicly funded comfy chairs, and there would be a pun-tax - sort of like carbon offsets in that it doesn't actually improve the situation but you do have to pay for the trouble you cause - and frequent creOTTive festivals. People from other lands would come to learn from us, trolls would cease to trouble the world, and eventually all of humanity would be OTTish.

Then the asteroid would come, and despite the enormous intellectual and physical efforts put forth, the Straits would be dammed. Thus begins Time...

azule wrote:Why is a bear a dog to me? Hah!
I've known several dogs named Bear, mostly big shaggy Black Labs :D

English dialect quiz responses, spoilered because they form a seaish sea.
Spoiler:
SBN wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Language fun, and another puzzle(ish) for the WolpyPope: an English dialect quiz that helps with language research.
It guessed (estimated?) that my English dialect is American Standard (yup), Singaporean (really? Neat!), or South African (huh), and that my native language is English (yup), Dutch (my Tim's family is from Holland, good ear there), or Russian (?).
I got American Standard, Singaporean, or Canadian. Native Language English, Russian, or German. Really not sure where the Singaporean comes from, everything else I can at least come up with a plausible explanation.
Maybe there's been a cluster of Singaporean speakers responding to the quiz as people passed the link around, would that give Singaporean more weight? The site blog does say that they need more responses in certain dialects:
If you are wondering why New Zealanders are off by themselves, that's mostly because we don't have very many of them, and the algorithm has difficulty classifying dialects for which there isn't much data. Same for Welsh English, South African English, and Black Vernacular English. So if you know people who speak any of those dialects...

NoMouse wrote:Interesting quiz, I got English (UK), Scottish (UK) or Welsh (UK) dialect and Finnish, Portuguese or Spanish as native language. None of it is true (although it's fact that UK English is taught at schools here) but at least it's all in Europe.
I have to say that it's really difficult to resist making puns with the word ‘Czech’ here. Could I get credit for this, to mitigate future offenses? I wonder why the algorithm didn't get your native language right; Czech is on the list, isn't it?
Seaish (and treeish! and Ugh!) pun information*; I couldn't take the quiz, though, because it's in Flash :?
But I wouldn't be too sure about the quantity of punsaws BlitzGirl and lmjb (and HES?) can get hold of.

andapemit, tsk tsk ;) Were those from the list NoMouse linked to? You could claim it as research if you're brought before the pun board...

ggh wrote:I got 1. American (Standard) 2. Singaporean 3. Australian
Except for the Singaporean and Dutch, I guess that makes sense. I'm not sure how Australian grammar differs from NZ grammar.
What is your native language? I thought it was English... I don't know how NZ and Australian grammar differ, but they're looking for more New Zealanders - spread the quiz around and let's see what happens :) Happy Page of the ggh!

Sciscitor wrote:My results were 1. American (Standard) 2. Singaporean and 3. I forgot.
It guessed my native language as 1. English, 2. Portuguese and 3. German.
Singaporean is of course way off, as is portuguese. But at least it got my native tongue right with the third guess.
Singaporean is in almost everymolpy's results, I wonder what's up with that.

HES wrote:That quiz wasn't mobile friendly.
English Welsh Scottish, English Dutch German. Steakish algorithm.
No, not mobile-friendly at all. The drop-down menus were especially irritating - my screen expanded every time I touched one, expanded again when I tried to scroll, and expanded a third time when I made a selection :roll: Those parts were a pain in the butt.

ergman wrote:I got American standard one before Canadian, so I'm clearly too close to the border for my own good.
Maybe say ‘eh?’ more? Or is that the US side of the border?

ZoomanSP wrote:My results were 1. Singaporean, 2. American (Standard), and 3. Australian.
Although it is mainly British English I learned at school, the results make sense regarding my current linguistical environment, since I live in Australia now, watch mostly American TV shows, and talk a lot to a friend who is from Singapore.
It guessed my native language as 1. Italian, 2. Finnish, and 3. something I forgot, but it was way off and definitely not German.
Finally someone for whom Singaporean makes sense! But it didn't even come close to your native language, huh.

ucim wrote:I got
Our top three guesses for your English dialect:
1. American (Standard)
2. Canadian
3. South African

Our top three guesses for your native (first) language:
1. English
2. Russian
3. Dutch

They are just starting their "native language" thing... my first language was actually Spanish, from my dad, but I learned English alongside from my mom. Spanish predominated until I went to school (I started out mostly in NYC).
Ah, good to know about the native language portion.

*Punformation? They do seem to flock, and cause pain to some while delighting others. Often enough they do both at once... Should I make another monster chart?

mscha wrote:For over 24 nonopix and counting, http://c.xkcd.com/redirect/comic/time has been timing out.
When I follow my Time link to the mobile version (which emphatically is useful and useable) it shows the title text but not the frame :( What happened when the redirect kept timing out before?
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

ChronosDragon

I ACCIDENTALLY A RABTOR, IS THIS BAD?

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:23 am UTC

Oh, in regards to the language quiz: it had this to say about me.

Best Guess: American Standard, Canadian, Australian
Native Language: English, Spanish, Portuguese

Which is interesting, because I don't speak Spanish or Portuguese. I do, however, parle le français. I guess they're pretty related.

ETA: New OtherComic! This one seems very OTTifiable (Megan dunejump, anyone?)

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1183

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:30 am UTC

SMASHONGLY...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:39 am UTC

BlueCrab wrote:andapemit, tsk tsk ;) Were those from the list NoMouse linked to? You could claim it as research if you're brought before the pun board...

Yes they were. In my defence I was really saving people from others having to read the whole list and suffers from all the puns.

BlueCrab wrote:
ggh wrote:I got 1. American (Standard) 2. Singaporean 3. Australian
What is your native language? I thought it was English... I don't know how NZ and Australian grammar differ, but they're looking for more New Zealanders - spread the quiz around and let's see what happens :) Happy Page of the ggh!

I think there is very little difference between Australian and New Zealand grammar(I could be wrong). I also didn't see any answers/options that made me think "Oh that's something that I have heard only New Zealanders say".
I got 1. Canadian 2. American(Standard) 3. Australian. I think it failed to recognise Australian more because I didn't check the answers "She'll/he'll be right" when referring to certain object/things for some of the questions because although I think its acceptable grammar it was used incorrectly (in my opinion) in the examples given. Since that seemed to be the only thing that distinguishes the Australian grammar I think it only appeared in my list since my answers didn't identify any other location as likely.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Alrighty then! Here's what I've cooked up... Instrumental version, and a version with my not-so-great excellent singing for demonstrative purposes. I whapped out my ukulele for this one! Fun.

FTFY

Ahhh, such a relaxing song. Boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada...
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

mscha

Time Revisited - np1778

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:10 am UTC

HUNGRIER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I OTTCOLORISED ALL THE BAOBABBIES

-- posted by oldpixbot

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:24 am UTC

mscha wrote:For over 24 nonopix and counting, http://c.xkcd.com/redirect/comic/time has been timing out.
SBN wrote:There is a note in the comments there that the Lorenz comic has stopped working. Related?

FWIW, the "Now" OtherComic isn't loading for me, either. "Click and Drag" works, though. Which other interactive/dynamic OtherComics were there?
Wait on.

Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:37 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Alrighty then! Here's what I've cooked up... Instrumental version, and a version with my not-so-great excellent singing for demonstrative purposes. I whapped out my ukulele for this one! Fun.

FTFY

Ahhh, such a relaxing song. Boom-de-yada, boom-de-yada...

Baobabs, that's a blast from the past. I think that was my first ever musical contribution to the OTT.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Neil_Boekend

Re: SchizoBlitz Progress: 1608/1758

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:04 am UTC

macraw83 wrote:Oh, and finally, I found this fancy new hat for my catvatar, and another one for my catvatar's hat! What do you xuys think?

Nice hats! They really bring out your eyes.
ZoomanSP wrote:

FWIW, the "Now" OtherComic isn't loading for me, either. "Click and Drag" works, though. Which other interactive/dynamic OtherComics were there?

Umwelt has content based on the user location (I believe it is serverside scripted)
Guest Week: Zach Weiner (SMBC) has some client side scripting to display the exhibits.
And of course all the 3d XKCD stuff has some scripted fancyness.
They all still seem to work.

Redundundant redundancy, included for redundant reasons of redundancy.
Spoiler:
ketchup infuus.jpg
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Link

THERE IS A TIMEODY IN MY BEARD, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Postby Link » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Also, I noticed something in the recent SilentONGs: starting here, somethingε black moved from the top of the device Cueganizzle wanted to use to get Bravebeanie out of the cave to the wall of the cave. A snake? A fast-growing root? A radioactive caterpillar? See enhancements:

[snip]
Looks like whatever it was just got removed from the time stream. Here's the difference between the frames you posted as they appear now:Image

ChronosDragon wrote:Who knows - maybe it is in preparation for Time II?
It would certainly be awesomeful if GLR and SilentTimer (assuming they're not actually the same person) took turns; now that the Radiation saga is drawing to a close, it would make sense for GLR to take over again. Truth be told, I doubt Time II is actually coming, but it would be awesomeful if it were.

RSIR:
Spoiler:
t1i-dif.png

redundakitty-0004.jpg
i told you was redundant. y u no believe me?

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1184

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:30 am UTC

REONGINEER...
Spoiler:
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved

Re: I SEE WHAT YOU WAITED FOR THERE

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:46 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Oh no!

Probably just a long server hiccup, I doubt Randall would leave a whole comic page without an image. Who knows - maybe it is in preparation for Time II?

So I'm working on a small TCG for...reasons...and I think I need some discussion with someone who's actually played one. Does anyone here fit that description? PM me if you know anything about Trading Card Games.

I know that job postings for them have included things such as, "expertise with Nerf weaponry required." Does that count?

BlueCrab"
[quote="azule wrote:
Why is a bear a dog to me? Hah!
I've known several dogs named Bear, mostly big shaggy Black Labs :D[/quote]
My black wolpies get called bears all the time. (lion, cow and horse have come up too.) Middle Sized Wolpy's name is supposed to mean Bear Princess.
We have orange safety vests for them for when we're where people might actually think they are bears.
Weird fact, where I live it is legal to own tigers, but not bears.

Some Ways to Time

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:01 am UTC

What's a dog?

SBN wrote:We have orange safety vests for them for when we're where people might actually think they are bears

As in, so that people don't shoot them?
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:21 am UTC

HES wrote:What's a dog?

SBN wrote:We have orange safety vests for them for when we're where people might actually think they are bears

As in, so that people don't shoot them?

Yes.

Some Ways to Time

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1185

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

GRONGEVILLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Revisited - np1786

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

LUNGTERM...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YO TWO-TONE, I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU, IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT IMAGEBOT HAD ONE OF THE MOST TREEISH MIPS OF ALL TIME

-- posted by oldpixbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”