1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG

+ 1.618 s

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:05 am UTC

I feel tired.
I feel like all energy had vanished from my body.

Who are you?
Where is everybody?
Why does this place look abandoned?

You speak French.
Like the natives.
French is my mother tongue, too.

How long has it been?
Why am I afraid of your answer?

I feel hungry.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2039

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 am UTC

BRUNGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:NEVER SEND TO KNOW FOR WHOM THE SPOILERCAKE MOLPIES DOWN; IT MOLPIES DOWN FOR THEE

-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:18 am UTC

Ah, newpage of how-to-win-a-war-using-jets-that-can-hover.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past..... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Re: Time Revisited - np2039

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:41 am UTC

Pricklymolp is hovering in that newpix! Must have learned it from pinklymolp.

balthasar_s wrote:
Spoiler:
HES wrote:Simple: Alone, Cueball resigns to madness. The flying invisible pink pricklymolp persuades him to carry on.

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:01 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Pricklymolp is hovering in that newpix! Must have learned it from pinklymolp.

balthasar_s wrote:
Spoiler:
HES wrote:Simple: Alone, Cueball resigns to madness. The flying invisible pink pricklymolp persuades him to carry on.

Or it just imported antigravity.

(I hear the foreign stuff is better than the cheap American knock-offs)

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:19 am UTC

I'm kinda in blitzmode, as Outside has my lowercase time mustarded, so although ketchup is coming soon...
mrob27 wrote:
第五章

(chapter 4)

As the pilgrims continue to Wait in the guest-reception room, suddenly there is a bustle of activity OOV Left. A few turn to look. A sliding door opens as the Director and several Scribes enter.
The Director wrote: I want the dolly tracks here, and the sound crew can set up in that corner. Ask those people to move! The Steadicam Clerics can work from here to here. He's going to be coming out that door. Move those screens!

Morobu turns to a pilgrim next to him. "What is all this?" The pilgrim shrugs, puzzled.
Looking at Morobu, the Seventh Scribe wrote: ucim is going to be speaking in this room soon. We're the film crew. We're here to set up the shots.

The Director wrote: NO!!! Those tracks go here!. How do you expect me to Truck Left across there with that giant vase in the way? No, wait. That's even better. We'll truck behind the vase, and we can cross-dissolve twice. It'll be wingish! Remember how we superimposed that Rosetta tile on the crystal organ?

The Production Assistant asks the Scribes. None remember the wingish cross-dissolves.
The Director wrote: Never mind. These tracks are good. Okay let's set up the Balthacycle shot out in the rock garden. We're going to fall down, tilt up and zoom all at once! — aiming in through this doorway...

The pilgrims and Morobu are shepherded into a small area in the middle of the room, the only space that is not being filled with cables, light pedestals, folding chairs with names, and the various Clerics and Scribes holding clipboards and coffee. Their chatter has overwhelmed the formerly tranquil mood of the room. But soon they are silenced by The Director, who calls for the cameras to begin rolling.

... this had me literally laughing out loud so that my wife came to see what was going on. I've been enjoying these from part 1 and meaning to comment, but OMR is this baobabishly risible!

And talk about redundancy - it's an ottification of a combination of (an ottification of the OTT, which is itself an ottification of the OTC) and (an ottification of a an ottification of a hotdog which has been ottified in the aforementioned ottification of the OTT). Pretty soon the entire world will be Zancleanly redundottificationized!

Very steakish! I'm looking forward to continuing episodes! :)

BlitzGirl wrote:...It's epsilon to see the thread go on without you (as happened to me while I was moving), and maybe even sad, but it's actually a molpish thing, because that means the community is still a living one and will be there for you when you return.
There is Great Wisdom there ChronosDragon. Pay it good mind.

The sea is big, and does what it wants, but what it wants to do is ebb and flow. The tide comes, and it goes. When it goes, have faith that it will come again, and when it comes, know that it will go out again for reasons that have nothing to do with you, but it will yet return, responding to forces that perhaps only Balthazar's bicycle can understand. And bicycles are known for spilling you on the street in the rain, and laughing about it. Nothing personal; it's what bicycles do. :)

But anyway, missed you and noticed your absence. I did however have faith that you would come back. Dragons never die. (except in Aluisio's stories)

Back to the hamburger. And three hours making airplane reservations. Bah! Mustard!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:32 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Pricklymolp is hovering in that newpix! Must have learned it from pinklymolp.

Maybe it is Fipp, but it's just the pigment that's invisible right now.
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:29 am UTC

ucim wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:...It's epsilon to see the thread go on without you (as happened to me while I was moving), and maybe even sad, but it's actually a molpish thing, because that means the community is still a living one and will be there for you when you return.

Even unsolicited, I have taken note of all advice and encouragement thus far. It is all quite encouraging.

HES wrote:Ah, newpage of how-to-win-a-war-using-jets-that-can-hover.

Ah yes, the famous Reagan Administration UFO Incident. Makes good joke material on most Sector ZZ9 planets.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1249

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:30 am UTC

MICROSPORONGIUM...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

AluisioASG

IN 3D!

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:31 am UTC

ucim wrote:Dragons never die. (except in Aluisio's stories)

I was going to counter this, but I'm afraid it is the truth. Yet at least their stories have been recorded, whereas many were not even given that chance; these, however, are like molten metal, and often find a way to fit elsewhere even after their home timelines cease to exist.

Help ChronosDragon calm down and get hold of himself
or
Bring other comedy pieces
or
Imagine an alternative personality for yourself (however you understand this)

PS: What's this? A conspiracy to prevent me from posting?
And ETA: I wasn't going to say this but with this post count, I must: ChronosDragon was going to be a guest star in one of my stories.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:52 am UTC

freezeblade wrote:i propose a 5-year language changing plan!

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be ekspekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"s in the language is disgraseful, and they should go away.

By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru! And zen world!

That really starts to look like the speach of the Jaegers in Girl Genius.

HES wrote:Wouldn't a cloud of spacerock and bicycle debris have the same gravitational pull as the moon anyway?

That depends on how widely it is dispersed and how big a percentage of it was converted to energy. If a large part is converted the dispersion is a logical result (along with the dispersion of the groundcircle and the sandcastle)
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time Revisited - np2042

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 am UTC

PALUNGENESY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SOMETIMES YOU ONG THE SCRUMPTIOUS DONUT, SOMETIMES THE SCRUMPTIOUS DONUT ONGS YOU

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:14 am UTC

RKN (random ketchup notes) (My mom uses catsup, never ketchup. She doesn't know why, doesn't care :P )

taixzo wrote:I googled "RNM" and the first result is Remote Neural Monitoring
Royal Naval Marines?

HES wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:I'm a bit confused, who were you asking?
Pineapple.
Kumquat! Call me names, will ya?

(Time-Steppin')
ronaldkr wrote:Doesn't this belong to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?
Yes, I suppose it does. It's not from Rocky Horror, but it belongs there :D
ronald wrote:
What's Gozo?
Victoria is the main town on the island of Gozo.
Okay; doesn't seem to matter how I zoom it, I only see Victoria. :roll:

Ack, spelled balthasar wrong!
Spoiler:
balthasar wrote:No problem! As long as it starts with balt- it's ok.
So how many of these do you need to collect before you become the balthatzar?
HES wrote:The first balthapage has a dozen non-standard balthanames. And there are fourbalteen pages of results.
Ninja Hamply! :D
BlitzGirl wrote:(That's a lot of balthanomers, boathazar!)
Ninja BlitzGirl! :rotfazule: (Hey [/lol] Isn't that almost punnish? <cuts eyes suspiciously at BlitzGirl>)

Azule and BlueCrabs of silliness
Spoiler:
azule wrote:
BetterChatter wrote::lol: LMFAOA1
BlueCrab, improving my inanity since Ought1 (whatever that is).
Well I'm pretty sure we declared the first yip of the OTT to be yip zero, and I don't recall inanitimproving before I basemented, so your statement is accurate. I wasn't thinking of it as improvement, though - more like one-upmanship. Got any more sauciness for me?
azule wrote:*salivates* I want Krispy Kreme IN MY MOUTH! Especially these ones. *salivates, slips on saliva as I walk, thus ends me*
You've got four legs, though - that's a lot of saliva!
azule wrote:‘checker’ (person running a cash register...)
I believe those people are called Product Purchase Verification Experts.
Ugh!!! Isn't there something like a punsaw for management-speak? Think of the baobabbies, please!!!
azule wrote:
blitzgirlpedia wrote:syll. mol-py, mo-lpy
Uh...how can you pronounce "lpy"? My tongue doesn't work that way.
:shock: that's... kind of TMI, isn't it? No wonder you haven't gotten Lucky yet. :mrgreen:
azule wrote:

I just wanted to artify this. Yeah, it's not an OTTification. Sorry.
Not an OTCification, but a brilliant OTTification. :D

Has anymolpy Outside-ified Cueball, like putting them in a pizza parlor or a tire store? Or is that Heresy of the rankest kind?

I've had a dreadful thought - The Forty, and to some extent the Hill People, are adapted to an extremely salty environment.
The new environment is at higher altitude and is cooler, wetter, and much less salty than the old - depending on what avenue the adaptation took (increased ability to remove excess salt from the body, or increased ability to use it) they might get sick pretty quickly. Any biologists about?
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:26 am UTC

Outsideification seems like a risky practice. Especially since it includes "deification" in it.

New Othercomic is out, featuring the lowercase writing style more common to ancient Othercomics.
Most famous OTC use of lowercase (is it the only OTC use of lowercase?):
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

BlindPost NP1980

Postby azule » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:42 am UTC

Sucky to hear about your nearby 9pm raid, lmjb. :( Glad to hear it wasn't for you!
BTW, non-optional decree successfully followed!

For NP1980 decree: I have a seaish bed (note: no, not a water bed) taking up most of a riverish room. I have physical OTTification stuff, but it's not decoration, it was first-draft stuff for projects that I've shared with y'all. They're in notebooks. It's also a ZancleanMess. There are tall, pole-like structures (called stacks) here and there. There's probably some molpies hiding in there, too (I'm just trying to sound cute!). I have a dogbert squeeze toy on my wall (read: mscha).

Bad Hair Man wrote:...breathe air out of cans...
Breathe canned air? Hah, does that explain what our problems with reality are? hehe.

BC wrote:Met up with vvn and lmjb, happy dance :D
Neat-o, burrito!

BC wrote:ETA Preview! I said PREVIEW not submit!!!
I learned long ago to avoid that submit.
Spoiler:
I usually do a shift+TAB, which goes to the "subject" text box and I press enter. I can also press TAB instead and that will hilite the "preview" button and also press enter. That's more risky though ('cause I might press TAB twice). The other direction is fine because if I miss then nothing gets submitted (or previewed) and I try again. :)

taixzo wrote:HES wrote:
Are you suggesting that semen is both a particle and a wave?

Or a wave of particles?
LMAO! I ch*rpin' love that! It's a great comeback even just for non-sexual things. ^_^

"Woah! Watch where you're waving those particles around." "Well, watch where you're particling your.. Damnit, doesn't work the other way!"

balthasar_z wrote:The trebuchet has wheels!
Hey, neat!

balthasar wrote:Is there anything else that needs to be explained?
Thanks. Sure, why does a molpy taste like chicken? What's a chicken?
*ack, twoo far?*

NoMouse wrote:do we have a name for that?
Well, always a bridesmaid never a bride. I guess you'd be a Popesmaid. Whatever the male version is, if you wish.

ggh wrote:I enjoyed this post though
But what is TheDaveRoss' problem with us? Everyone wants us to go down. Don't they know that we are still the underdogs, the losers (if you'll be so kind as to excuse my language). *shrug* I guess as long as they play nice with their war... *sigh*

Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
I can't search for "molpy on over" using the fora search because "over" is too common of a word. But it's possible it could have been used before.

Well googling gives this:
I just realized that since this is based on me saying "molpy on over", why is it BlitzGirl with the google result? I see that, if I were to click on that redundant omission I might find my post there... But, yeah, I think Google loves BlitzGirl (and not me). lol

HES wrote:I'm molpying about right now.
When you're a molpy, that's just what you do.

ggh wrote:(It's been Sesame Street and Baby Einstein lately whenever Little Wonder sees the laptop. This is not how I meant to be doing it.)
Hah. Well, you're doing the "educational" thing, right? I've seen Alice in Wonderland with mine more than I've seen any other movie, probably. lol. BTW: "Mustard?! Don't let's be silly!" (I've been wanting to share that quote for a while (as an image, but never got around to finding the image).)

ZmSP wrote:Color the flag?
I approve. Modified to: "Color a flag red!"

lmjb wrote:my neighbor surrendered, coming out in a white bath robe
Really, after 8longpix? He should have just come out shirtless like all the rest. :P I mean, really, he couldn't find any clothing to wear in all that time?

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:04 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
ucim wrote:

Even unsolicited, I have taken note of all advice and encouragement thus far. It is all quite encouraging.

HES wrote:Ah, newpage of how-to-win-a-war-using-jets-that-can-hover.

Ah yes, the famous Reagan Administration UFO Incident. Makes good joke material on most Sector ZZ9 planets.

Don't you mean Sector ZZ9 plural Z alpha? :wink:

azule wrote:
NoMouse wrote:do we have a name for that?
Well, always a bridesmaid never a bride. I guess you'd be a Popesmaid. Whatever the male version is, if you wish.

Maybe that would be a Popesmaster!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:15 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:(is it the only OTC use of lowercase?)

There is also the whispering on the raftcastle.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

azule
Saved

More Blind. More Post.

Postby azule » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:29 am UTC

morobu, happy tp is my favorite. I would be happy if I saw that every time I changed rolls. lol But what the ch*rp is that contraption?

ggh wrote:Oh Randy, this is too true! Thanks for colouring my hair - I haven't had a chance to do that either in the last few months, so it's got quite a skunk stripe at the part.
I'm glad you liked it. 8-) So, you're not a blonde. Haha, now I know! ;)

That's a sucker (maybe a lollypop?) in her hand, btw. I don't know if that came across correctly.

taixzo wrote:My computer is now set up sort of like that! I just finished building it. Except, it's attached to the ceiling instead of the wall, and the screen and keyboard fold down when I need to use them. (And I didn't consider flexibility when designing it, so the whole thing wobbles when I type. Oops. :oops: )
Neat. That's like, the future. Speaking of wobbling, my cool HD monitor wobbles. It's how it came, with a plastic base. I don't know how to solve it, but to replace the base. What material is yours built with?

I got to listen to your piece. It's quite serene, but like others said, really amps up the tension during the fade, and the motifs that pop in. Well done! I hope you don't mind an unsolicited suggestion. What if there were a few more motifs, such as for placing a flag down?

BC wrote:Might even have a chance to throw a rope over a ledge. (azule, by ‘throw a rope over a ledge’ I mean pee, not the other thing Cue looked like he might be doing. Just so's you know...)
I'm genuinely confused. I think I might remember something about this in the past, but throw a rope off a ledge means pee? Woah.

BeforeComa wrote:I think I need to get some coma...
You and me both. You and me both. (I'm laughing at my redundancy...that's...odd.)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:41 am UTC

Alright molpies... I'm off now for album recordy times. I will have my TimeAccessor with me and may have interwebs, but even so I probably won't have much Time for OTTing.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:54 am UTC

Blindposting to say that I still haven't had a chance to ketchup. Apparently while I was running around doing one thing and another for the last mip, I was neglecting my web-footed raptors. Now, not only are they not aligned, they are running amok. At work, at home, everywhere I look I see web-footed raptors running all over the place, nibbling on things, pooping everywhere. It's not good. In fact, there's one trying to peck at my leopard even as we speak. So I need to spend a little time trying to wrangle the raptors into some sort of alignment, before I can ketchup. But in the meantime, stay molpish and keep khdi dogjkhhkopppdquackk quaaaack.??

??No, I don't know how they learned to spell "quack."

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Re:

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 am UTC

future-spoiler-spoiler
Spoiler:
Next blitzreport contains a temporal surprise

Cuegan, why do you go into the boat without telling anyone?!

mrob27 wrote:Almost, but not quote.
Ok, I won't quote the rest. The word for year doesn't start with 'y' either. We don't start words with 'y'.

taixzo wrote:
MistyCat wrote:If the tides take your sandcastle...
Spoiler:
Nooooo! Think of balthaskycircle!
Don't worry. Every few months someone does that. We got used to it.

Ucim, I had an idea for an illustration for the latest Acts:
A bicycle upside down in the evening. A projector with a related image pointed at the wheel. When I start pedalling the wheel rotates and the image appears on it! But the projector I have doesn't have enough lightpower (only 20W) and the camera couldn't catch it.

azule wrote:
Eternal Density wrote: wrote:
Spoiler:
I just realized that since this is based on me saying "molpy on over", why is it BlitzGirl with the google result? I see that, if I were to click on that redundant omission I might find my post there... But, yeah, I think Google loves BlitzGirl (and not me). lol
Clicking adds redundancies
Spoiler:

Redundant
Spoiler:
molpy on over.PNG

BFTF-0.png
enhance?
BFTF-0.png (8.08 KiB) Viewed 17276 times
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BFTF replay.
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023. # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:

mscha

Time Revisited - np2045

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:10 am UTC

BUTTERFUNGERS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IT'S BEANIES ALL THE WAY DOWN

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1250

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:30 am UTC

ONGWANTIBOS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:33 am UTC

Prediction: Cueball is going to describe this molpy as "a small spiky".

ETA: Dialogue coincidence!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 am UTC

Awesomeful ottifications, BlitzGirl!

BlueCrab wrote:I've had a dreadful thought - The Forty, and to some extent the Hill People, are adapted to an extremely salty environment.
The new environment is at higher altitude and is cooler, wetter, and much less salty than the old - depending on what avenue the adaptation took (increased ability to remove excess salt from the body, or increased ability to use it) they might get sick pretty quickly. Any biologists about?

Not a physiologist, but here is my take on that:
If they adapted to remove excess salt from the body, the change to a less salty nutrition should pose no big problem. They'd just stop removing excess salt because there is none, and eventually, evolution will probably lead to a loss of their ability to remove excess salt. As for an increased ability to use excess salt, I don't know how this might take shape in the first place. Rather, they might have developed a decreased ability to use salt (i.e., they're wasting (= excreting) most of the salt they take in, because there's no salt shortage in their nutrition). That could potentially be problematic if the salt excretion is linked to other physiological processes that can't be modified; otherwise, they'd probably just stop removing excess salt (see above). Again, I'm not a physiologist, so you have to take my explanations with a grain of salt!

yappobiscuits wrote:ETA: Dialogue coincidence!

This surely means that pricklymolp hid in Ms. Frizzle's riverish raftcastle. I hope that it's not a rubber dUNGhy...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:51 am UTC

Still no ketchup, but I did finally get to listen to the One True Symphony. Steakish, Taixzo! I'm glad you didn't wait till you finished the whole thing. Writing that much music is a huge project. Really ambitious, but it's off to a great start. Lots of treeish stuff, and I love that ending. I was thinking that you would necessarily need to have music the whole time, because in a soundtrack there wouldn't be music playing continuously. But then I realized it's not the One True Soundtrack, but the One True Symphony. So, it's just going to be this epic piece of music. I can('t) wait to hear more!

Ow! Bad web-footed raptormolpy! Stop pecking at me and go stand over there next to those other web-footed raptor--ch*rp, where did they go? *sigh* OK, better get back to it.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:54 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Ow! Bad web-footed raptormolpy! Stop pecking at me and go stand over there next to those other web-footed raptor--ch*rp, where did they go? *sigh* OK, better get back to it.

web-footed raptors in alignment.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1251

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

GOSSIPMONGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 pm UTC

DESCRIPTIUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

ETA missed dialogUNGs...
Spoiler:
np2048:
Wait for it.

np2049:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:02 pm UTC

BotherUNG

The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Purplepants77

Postby Purplepants77 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:20 pm UTC

Future Blitz-Log Entry 37.8b:

Future! Come in Future! Do you copy?

Times are hard back here in the *twitch* the.. the past! I don't know wh... I don't know what happened. I just- *cough hack wheeze* ... I read the warnings.... I saw them all. I was naive... I didn't know. *more coughing*

"How bad can a few c**kies be?", I thought. "Could they truly shift my focus?" Now I *twitch* I can't.. I... COOKIES... I can't find my way.. its getting dark back he-h-hllpjdsaCOOKIESj f66ja. They're taking control-l-l-l-l-l-l-llaHAHAHACOOKIECOOKIECOOKIE!!! Please! I neeeeEEEEEEeeeeeee11333kkll6002!!!**(&!) Help me-COOKIE-before COCOCOCOCOOOOKIE it's too late!! Future! Come in FUTURE&&&&U778---LLNNVv COOOKKKIIEEE FUTU888ndas000

bbbzzzzzzzz drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuu bwenbwenbwensssssvvvvvv

COOOOOOOOOKKKKIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*beeeeeeeep*

......thump...

......thump...

......thump...

......thump...

....thump... thump... thump... thump

BWweeeeEEEEEEhhhRRRR

I… AM… COOKIEMON!

BWweeeeEEEEEEhhhRRRR

BWweeeeEEEEEEhhhRRRR

[Cookie Riff]

Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he blitz at all,
Or if he moves will he fall?

Is he live or dead?
Is he still reading this thread?
Cookies everywhere!
Keep those cookies way back there!

He was turned to dough
When he started clicking so
He once traveled Time
Now his Wait’s a different kind

Nobody wants him
He just stares at the screen
Making his cookies
He’s a clicking machine

Now the time is here
For Cookiemon to spread fear
Cookies from the past
Now the thread won’t move so fast!

Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge!

[Delicious Cookie Licks!]

Cookies made with lead*
Soon the future will be dead!**
Blitzing as fast as he can
Cookiemon lives again!

[More Delicious Cookie Licks!]

*Wait, is that the direction this song was going?? Guess it kinda got away from me…
** Okay, ignore everything these cookies made me write!
I can’t control them anymore! (Help!)

Spoiler:
Encore:

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To click them is my real test
To bake them is my cause

I will stay up as late I can
Clicking for my life
To get cookies much faster than
A single soul alive.

Cookiemon! (gotta click em all!)
My mouse and me
I know it’s our destiny
Cookiemon!
Oh, you’re my best friend
And our title we’ll defend
Cookiemon! (gotta click ‘em all)
A mouse so true!
Our clicking will pull us through
You hold still and I’ll click you
Cookiemon! Gotta click ‘em all! Gotta click ‘em all. Yeahhh…

Every upgrade along the way
Accelerates my pace
I will buy them all someday
And claim my rightful place

“Wake and bake” through “Sacrifce”
There’s not one I’ll miss
Clicking hard, I will survive
The grandmapocalypse!

My mouse and me
I know it’s our destiny
Cookiemon!
A mouse so true!
Cookiemon! Gotta click ‘em all! Gotta click ‘em all. Gotta click ‘em all!

Gotta click ‘em all! Gotta click ‘em all! Yeah!

[Cookie Solo!]

My mouse and me
I know it’s our destiny
Cookiemon!
A mouse so true!
Cookiemon! Gotta click ‘em all! Gotta click ‘em all.

Cookiemon!

Bonus material, view if you dare:
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: All gains and achievements contained forthwith were procured using purely wholesome methods. No cheating, hacking, stealing, deceiving, autoclicking, or "keyboard clicking" tactics were employed. Just hard work, a strong right index finger, and a stronger will to WFI. Also, the game seems to have had a lot of updates since back when you xuys were playing.

Code: Select all

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%3D%21END%21

Actual message content:
Spoiler:
Okay, sorry to bring up a sore subject, but considering I spent about a mip away from the forum because of thisyes I don't feel too bad :P It might be heartening to know that I wasn't lost for good on the c**kie train and that, despite my continued clicking, I intend to pick up the torch again and continue my blitz! Miss you xuys way up there and I hope to catch up sometime, even if the posts I'm reading are almost a yip old! Hope to see you all in the future alive and well waited!

yes I know you warned me... but really, how could I possibly believe that game based around the concept of making virtual cookies would be dangerous?? I had to see for myself. Bad move heh heh...
Still blitzing away and will be for some time.

Current Location: NP 1432
NP from Present: 891
Current Progress: 61.6%

taixzo

Re: More Blind. More Post.

Postby taixzo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 pm UTC

azule wrote:
taixzo wrote:My computer is now set up sort of like that! I just finished building it. Except, it's attached to the ceiling instead of the wall, and the screen and keyboard fold down when I need to use them. (And I didn't consider flexibility when designing it, so the whole thing wobbles when I type. Oops. :oops: )
Neat. That's like, the future. Speaking of wobbling, my cool HD monitor wobbles. It's how it came, with a plastic base. I don't know how to solve it, but to replace the base. What material is yours built with?

I got to listen to your piece. It's quite serene, but like others said, really amps up the tension during the fade, and the motifs that pop in. Well done! I hope you don't mind an unsolicited suggestion. What if there were a few more motifs, such as for placing a flag down?

I sort of built it out of doorstops and wood scraps and anything else I had lying around - but the main thing that wobbles are the hinges. Not sure whether that helps your monitor, although my solution for my monitor was to bolt it in using the holes on the back rather than use the included stand.

As for motifs - don't worry, I plan to add more! The only ones I have so far are:
  1. Building sandcastle
  2. Trebuchet
  3. The sea1
  4. LaPetite
  5. BlitzGirl signpost in the OTT

1big.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

(permalink for blitzers - currently 404s)
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2052

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

THINKUNGNESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THAT'S NOT A DILGUNNERANG; THIS IS A DILGUNNERANG

-- posted by oldpixbot

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

Baobabs! The c**kies have claimed Purplepants77 too ?
(come to think of it, I was wondering where that munching sound was coming from...)

I guess the warnings were a tad too cryptic (or OTTers are just too attracted to anything with a link to heed warnings ^^)
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

Link

IT'S AN ONG. IT'S A PUNSAW. IT'S _SUPERBUFFYHAT_!

Postby Link » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:16 pm UTC

FLOATONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

BlitzGirl

Re: BlindPost NP1980

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:38 pm UTC

Alas, poor Purplepants. So wounded by the c**kies that instead of ottifications, xe brings c**kiefications. You can resist them! Fight the c**kieness!
karhell wrote:I guess the warnings were a tad too cryptic (or OTTers are just too attracted to anything with a link to heed warnings ^^)

Maybe I should have made my warning bigger:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl's warning, current size wrote:
Temporal Edit:

I've come here from the future of NP1428 to give you this warning:
Four posts down, Eternal Density posts a link to an addictive cookie-making game.

Do not click it.
It is EVIL.
adnapemit wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:(is it the only OTC use of lowercase?)

There is also the whispering on the raftcastle.

Thanks! :) I thought there had to be more but I didn't remember where it was.

azule wrote:I just realized that since this is based on me saying "molpy on over", why is it BlitzGirl with the google result? I see that, if I were to click on that redundant omission I might find my post there... But, yeah, I think Google loves BlitzGirl (and not me). lol

Google and I are in cahoots, apparently. I didn't even realize we were cahooting.

azule wrote:
Image Redden a flag?

yappobiscuits wrote:ETA: Dialogue coincidence!

Baobabs, that was epsilon!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Re: BlindPost NP1980

Postby taixzo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:
Image Redden a flag?

Red it?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

HES

Postby HES » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm UTC

Reddit is heresy.

BlitzGirl wrote:Maybe I should have made my warning bigger

Maybe a different tactic is needed. "Click this link if you want to gain a severe hotdog addiction, lose several mips of OTT time, Outside time, and the remainder of your sanity. What are you waiting for?".

Alternatively, "Every time you click this link a molpy dies".
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:53 pm UTC

HES wrote:Maybe a different tactic is needed. "Click this link if you want to gain a severe hotdog addiction, lose several mips of OTT time, Outside time, and the remainder of your sanity. What are you waiting for?"

it.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”