1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:53 am UTC

NewPage is tree-going.

Send something upwards. Or give something rockets.

I'm trying to keep my expectations at a reasonable level, as it's results dip. Let's see what's through here!
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2114

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:10 am UTC

KATUNGESE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:EXCUSE ME MA'AM, DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT LAPETITE?

-- posted by oldpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:30 am UTC

These go treeward. Ever seen one in person, MistyCat?

Well OTTercomicked, azule!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:31 am UTC

ThousONG lifetimes

Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Edit: time mustard. My clock says it's 1 am, server disagrees. Molpy down.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Eternal Density

OH HAI, I DEMUSTARDED YOUR GHOLPIES

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:36 am UTC

Yay, it's my birthyip newpage!
NoMouse wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:WE'VE SECRETLY REPLACED HES'S CAKE WITH A MANIP. LET'S SEE IF XE NOTICES...

Ch*rp, I shouldn't post it, now he notices for sure.

Anyway, why is it so hot in here? It must be Summer.
Spoiler:
It's fitting that you posted this right after I debasemented, since my original delurk post in the needlepulledthing was about River Tam (which is why I ended up buffyhatted as River).
Caswallon wrote:Also, just found the Sandcastle Builder game, and have been put to the task. Of course, I may be heretical and have created a molybot to do some functions without me looking.... But I intentionally set it up so that it only reacts to things the user would be able to see unaided and is not modifying/reading any values directly.

Excellent. Yeah, automating that stuff is probably necessary to keep the game molpish. Have fun! :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:50 am UTC

taixzo wrote:And that, friends, is an example of post-production.
BlitzGirl wrote:
VITSSÅGEN, JA!
Huh. That was a pun only because of the hyphen, which tells us... what, exactly? That punctuation matters? I'll go with that - Oxford coma commas FTW!

AzureFox wrote:(You've got four legs, though)
Is it wrong if I think of myself as not actually a fox...? Would it upset y'all if I'm not a fox but a person? lol.
Of course not! I don't actually identify myself as a crab, but I think they're really Neat and there's good eating on the blue ones.* ;)

On topic: the rafts and raftcastle only had poles, didn't they? Not even steering oars. How did Cuegan expect to find out what the Sea1 was doing when they couldn't steer?

HES wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Woohoo, it's the newpage of my first child! OMR I feel so old now...

We're still several dips away from newpage of HESbiscuits. Justsayin' :wink:
Ack. It's just going to get worse from here, isn't it...

Incidentally, it looks like this post will appear on newpage 1985, which was the year in which both my step-son and my son were born. Unless it appears on newpage 1986, a year during which zero Children of the BlueCrab were born :P

Aluisio wrote:It's someone else's birthyip too…
:face plant:

For the record, I'm not actually feeling old - it's just that Time goes so fast! I decided years ago that other people's growing older has nothing to do with my age: I am the age I am, and always will be. ;)

mrob wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:And even if it had a proper keyboard, it's an Apple, so when people tell me how to do things and the instructions include right-click, :shrug:

... Control-click is right-click...
Haven't got a control key, it's a touchscreen. :P iPhone 4S, where Siri pops up every once in a while when I hit the home button just wrong, and I yell ‘PANCAKES’ and banish her. (Long story.)

*foxes are people too
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:51 am UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
HES wrote:Is it normal for OTTers to talk to themselves?

I hope so.

yes.

Well, I've done it. That was just over a year ago. And since I was quoting this post, that means Neil_Boekend has been dead for just over a year now.

Awefulsome! A yip dead!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:59 am UTC

For tax purposes?
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:15 am UTC

BlueCrab wrote:On topic: the rafts and raftcastle only had poles, didn't they? Not even steering oars. How did Cuegan expect to find out what the Sea1 was doing when they couldn't steer?

Au contraire. How would they find out what the sea was doing if they were going to steer in another direction?

@HES: No, then I would have waited until I had bought a house and had a life insurance. I died for humoristic reasons (and it was so worth it).
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

Eternal Density

IT'S OVER. BUFFYHAT IS FINISHED.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:20 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I can't search for "molpy on over" using the fora search because "over" is too common of a word. But it's possible it could have been used before.

Well googling gives this:
Spoiler:

How delightfully redundant!

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

not quote redundant:
Spoiler:
(If you go to page 8, it shows that there's actually 72 results. All but 1 are identical!)
moreover.png

Also, automome gave me a sad.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:20 am UTC

STARUNGTHINKUNGYETNEVERGUESSUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time Revisited - np2116

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:10 am UTC

UNGENDERED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:A WILD BEANIE APPEARED

-- posted by oldpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Re: Time Revisited - np2116

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:21 am UTC

mscha wrote:OTT Time Travel

Timetravel in my pants.

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1268

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 am UTC

STRONGURIES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

NoMouse

Re: A little further down the line blindpost

Postby NoMouse » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:54 am UTC

Unfortunately, the only events I can recall without searching are two catastrophes. The second one is a bit RELATED to TimeAfterTime.
The Challenger disaster and the Chernobyl disaster.

azule wrote:
NoMouse wrote:Fó ixámpl, diz iz hau Ingliš kud bí eproximetly ritn if it jusd Ček spelin rulz.
I read it rather slowly. I think the 'fó' is missing it's 'r'. I say 'exámpl' and sometimes 'egzámpl'. That's the biggest problem with these proposals, is the variation in pronunciations. Think of Chinese and their many "dialects". Same "spelling" but very different pronunciations. It's just not gonna happen in a phonetic way, but I do think some spelling reform of other flavors would be possible.

Well, is there something like "standard American/British/Australian/...P pronunciation"? But yeah, I'm aware how almost impossible such a task would be. This could be maybe possible to do like two centuries ago but now since the English has basically taken all over the world? Both the real one and the electronic one? For instance, think of the programming languages that use English words... Though I agree that maybe some small gradual changes could be made.
(Oh, and the reason I left out the "r" in "fó" is that in Ček we only have trilled "r" so I thought leaving it out would be a better approximation. But of course if this was a real reform, then it would be no problem to leave the "r" there since the standard pronunciation would be the untrilled "r")

And I have also noticed, that Google Translate is probably trying to do some spelling reform too. It now shows pronunciation of individual words below the text box but it's not IPA, it's something weird I haven't seen before. :)

azule wrote:
ED wrote:Unless it gets OTTified I'm ignoring that othercomic for my own sanity and the sanity of others.
Challenge accepted.

Spoiler:
4_5_degrees-OdeTiTy.png

Seaish-treeish!

PYep, I see the problem, even if there was a standard American pronunciation, the standard British would be different. Not that American and British English don't use different spellings for some words even now. And what if the spelling reform is only accepted in one of the English speaking countries but not the others? That would be a mess...
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Eternal Density

IT'S BLINDPOSTS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
the ED of several yips ago wrote:
Spoiler:
pillow - not enough medicine

Caanan - a sugar cane plantation

Caananite - a sugar plantation in the dark

fortune - when a quartet adjust their pitch

fortunate - when a quartet adjust the pitch of 2 instruments each

someone - 1+1=2

atmosphere - located in a ball of moss

instrument - a thing you're meant to strum

meringue - French for merino [ED note: that's a breed of sheep]

closet - something you'd better not leave open

frequency - when you look at something often

often - nine or eleven

garden - a place where guards live

infantry - a young tree

nursery - a place where nurses are taught

taught - when your brain is stretched

rhubarb - sharp wire kangaroos can't jump over

highway cop - what I do before I get out of bed in the morning

There's a thread in Forum Games for those. These don't count as puns, BG?

Well, they're puns made by ED's younger self, so I don't think they're in the punsaw's jurisdiction. And since I just posted a similar grapeviney list, if I punsawed this I would probably also have to punsaw myself. I've self-vitssågenned before but I would rather avoid that in the future...
I'm fairly sure there's a second page somewhere in my room, if only I can find it...ETA
azule wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
I can't search for "molpy on over" using the fora search because "over" is too common of a word. But it's possible it could have been used before.

Well googling gives this:
I just realized that since this is based on me saying "molpy on over", why is it BlitzGirl with the google result? I see that, if I were to click on that redundant omission I might find my post there... But, yeah, I think Google loves BlitzGirl (and not me). lol

Well in my future post (I mean, in the future of the post I'm quoting) which includes more results, it hasn't picked up your post which I'm now quoting, so it definitely likes BlitzGirl more than you. I have no idea why.
HES wrote:Wouldn't a cloud of spacerock and bicycle debris have the same gravitational pull as the moon anyway?
My thoughts exactly!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:27 pm UTC

CONTINUUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Missed conversatiUNG...
Spoiler:
np2118:
Wait for it.

np2119:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1269

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

FINANCONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:44 pm UTC

ggh wrote:These go treeward. Ever seen one in person, MistyCat?
Well OTTercomicked, azule!

I watched that actual "Sunday" broadcast, but no, I missed the live flight. He said that at three and a half thousand feet it was five thousand feet above sea level, which puts the launching ground above the height of the Canterbury Plains. (I think.)
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Morning mayo

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:27 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:It's someone else's birthyip too…

:face plant:

For the record, I wasn't speaking of me.

BlueCrab wrote:[…] and there's good eating on the blue ones.* ;)
*foxes are people too

I'm not sure what to make of this.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mrob27

A WILD RHINOCEROLPY APPEARS!

Postby mrob27 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:50 pm UTC

Apologies for the terrifying goat Image Image baaah Image Image

bot(or-perhaps-balt)hasar_s wrote: ETA: Maybe I made a wrong choice of naming archived images. This URL: http://stickerish.com/wp-content/themes ... f=&cc=&ct= resulted with a filename of 286 characters (/eizm/www/time/ott/image/http_3A_2F_2Fstickerish_2Ecom_2Fwp_2Dcontent_2Fthemes_2Fmio_2Fsp_2Dframework_2Ftimthumb_2Ftimthumb_2Ephp_3Fsrc_3Dhttp_3A_2F_2Fstickerish_2Ecom_2Fwp_2Dcontent_2Fuploads_2F2011_2F04_2FWTFGuyBlackTextSS_2Epng_26h_3D500_26w_3D500_26zc_3D2_26q_3D100_26a_3Dc_26s_3D_26f_3D_26cc_3D_26ct_3D.png) which is longer than 256 which is the limit. But I need unique names based only on the URL.

Oh yeah, I've had that problem too. I have a broswer whose cache is a permanent archive of everything you've viewed, and the archive is a set of directories with files that you can view in a normal browser for offline browsing. To the greatest extent possible, links within the HTML to other files on the same server need to keep working, and without modifying the HTML from its original content.
    To use your example, the domain name "stickerish.com" gets turned into com/stickerish/, then within that directory it makes directories "wp-content/uploads/2011/04/". Then I break any long filenames into 100-character-long pieces and make the first piece(s) directory names.
    Suppose I was dealing with the whole filename in your example. Then I'd make a directory called http_3A_2F_2Fstickerish_2Ecom_2Fwp_2Dcontent_2Fthemes_2Fmio_2Fsp_2Dframework_2Ftimthumb_2Ftimthumb_2 containing another directory called Ephp_3Fsrc_3Dhttp_3A_2F_2Fstickerish_2Ecom_2Fwp_2Dcontent_2Fuploads_2F2011_2F04_2FWTFGuyBlackTextSS_ which contains the actual file, called 2Epng_26h_3D500_26w_3D500_26zc_3D2_26q_3D100_26a_3Dc_26s_3D_26f_3D_26cc_3D_26ct_3D.png
    In order to avoid having the file be something tiny like ".png", the last piece is allowed to be somewhat longer: that's the reason for using chunks of 100 instead of 255 (and also just for readability when I need to look at a directory listing).

bothasar_t wrote:Thanks,
but do you know that now you'll be forever on newpage 1599?

Oh yes, I really need to do something about that. Blitzbots! ... hmmmm, how about... Blitzus Summonus!! ... hmmm. Well, I'll have to find something that works. How does one contact oneself in the past?

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:01 pm UTC

You do some OTTifying.

With rocket packs.

Redundancies
Spoiler:
rocket xkcd 1382.png
I want my rocket pack too!
rocket xkcd 1382.png (7.85 KiB) Viewed 25157 times
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:07 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:
Is it wrong if I think of myself as not actually a fox...? Would it upset y'all if I'm not a fox but a person? lol.
Of course not! I don't actually identify myself as a crab, but I think they're really Neat and there's good eating on the blue ones.* ;)

By this point I sort of think of myself as a Na'vi when I'm on the OTT. (And to think I originally picked this avatar just as a play on "avatar").
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Time Revisited - np2124

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

DERATUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:Y'ALL GOT ANY MORE OF THEM NEWPIXBOTS?

-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1270

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

TRILONGUALISM...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:40 pm UTC

For the newpage - a repost of a rockety OTTercomic:

1133: Up Goer Five

Title text: If the sea gets bigger than normal and you have to run home to save your people, you are also having a bad problem.
That would be a good time to get on your up goer.

TheMinim wrote:
Spoiler:

Hurray! A MinimOTTerComic! I've missed those. :)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:59 pm UTC

aww, I didn't get to post on the page that's the same as my birthyip. (It was last page)
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:05 pm UTC

We're less than fourteen newpages away from Newpage 2000! Image

HES wrote:
Send something upwards. Or give something rockets.

I'm going to the toothdoctor today, so I don't have Time for a new manip of my own, but I did find this:
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:33 pm UTC

Speaking of hamplies and Lego. There is no rocket in the vid, but be patient and wait for it (and skip the building stuff), there WILL be hamplies. Trust me.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1271

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

SKIRLONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

Re: A WILD RHINOCEROLPY APPEARS!

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:56 pm UTC

Thank you, mrob27. That's exactly what I needed.
I'm going to do it tomorrow.

Also, a browser cache archive. very cool. But now I wonder:
How does it deal with this problem: these two URLs:
http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/index.htm and
http://bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/1190/index.htm
both produce the same path:
info/dnsd/bicyclesonthemoon/1190/index.htm

mrob27 wrote:Image bot(or-perhaps-balt)hasar_s wrote:
That was bothasar_t who also wants to thank you.
Edited to update URLs
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:16 pm UTC

Ch*rping Wolpies and their stupid limb-eating tendencies :evil:
Ch*rping Humans and their stupid not-controlling-their-wolpy tendencies :evil:

Sciscitor wrote:Speaking of hamplies and Lego. There is no rocket in the vid, but be patient and wait for it (and skip the building stuff), there WILL be hamplies. Trust me.

Well I am a civil engineer...
He/Him/His Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:54 pm UTC

I have finally made into the 80's, 1982 to be exact, in the world's slowest ketchupJoey. No responses since I'm using my MTA to ketchup and replying to things is a pain in the tookus. But there are many treeish and kneeish (and seaish!) things I have seen.

In other news, this weekend I managed to do three loads of laundry, mostly tame the riverish jungle forming in my backyard, and take care of a few other things. The web-footed raptors, while still far from aligned, are at least molpying about in a mellow and congenial fashion. There is hope for them yet.

Loving the stories by mrob and Lu. Loved everyone's encouragement to CD. Love the SilentOngs. Thread contained steakishness. Would absolutely buy again.

JoeyConveniently, that commercial is also from the 80s.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time Revisited - np2132

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:10 pm UTC

CLICKUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WE'RE GONNA NEED A MORE BAOBABISH SPOILERCAKE

-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

A PUNSAW IS ZANCLEAN TOO

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:16 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
azule wrote: (OTT:1982:14)
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote: I can't search for "molpy on over" using the fora search because "over" is too common of a word. But it's possible it could have been used before.

Well googling gives this: image

I just realized that since this is based on me saying "molpy on over", why is it BlitzGirl with the google result? I see that, if I were to click on that redundant omission I might find my post there... But, yeah, I think Google loves BlitzGirl (and not me). lol

It seems I should repeat my reply to this: @BlitzGirl herself was the first to use the phrase, here on NP1458:
BlitzGirl wrote: Yep, I was bored, so I molpied on over there.

(emphasis added), and this was found with the Emacs regular expression "\bmolp[iy].*\bon\b.*\bover\b".
Googling that particular phrase naturally finds that post several dozen redundant times :P Molpish!

ETA yay I've finished my long ketchup and we're still on my birthyippage!
Also,
taixzo wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:

By this point I sort of think of myself as a Na'vi when I'm on the OTT. (And to think I originally picked this avatar just as a play on "avatar").

that is a terrible pun, and becoming your avatar (in either sense) is a dangerous course of action.
-Summer Glau

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1272

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:30 am UTC

TERRIFYONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:45 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Loving the stories by mrob and Lu

:o
…can we go redo the schedule?

Eternal Density wrote:becoming your avatar (in either sense) is a dangerous course of action.

Not so much, in some people's case.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Eternal Density

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON ORGANISED SANDS

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:08 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:becoming your avatar (in either sense) is a dangerous course of action.

Not so much, in some people's case.

In case I wasn't clear, that was an example of what I call "humour based on blatant hypocrisy". I'm not sure whether it's actually amusing for anyone other than myself though.

taixzo

Re: A PUNSAW IS ZANCLEAN TOO

Postby taixzo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:09 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
taixzo wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:

that is a terrible pun, and becoming your avatar (in either sense) is a dangerous course of action.
-Summer Glau

Well, it worked for Jake Sully...

Edit: my sarcasm detector is apparently broken. I will go sit in the corner and try to mend it.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

HES

HBBH

Postby HES » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:14 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I'm not sure whether it's actually amusing for anyone other than myself though.

I was suitably amused.
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”